PDA

View Full Version : Drew Stanton the next Tom Brady

Elway777
08-26-2009, 11:18 AM
I just watched detroit preseason game and Drew stanton looked pretty good. I think stanton might be worth a 3 round pick. I also might trade for Josh Johnson for a 7 round pick. I read that Johnson has been the best Qb in Tampa bays camp. The Broncos keep 4 Qb in Orton, Simms , Stanton and Johnson. IF either Stanton and Johnson look good they could always draft another Qb in next years draft.

cutthemdown
08-26-2009, 11:37 AM
what makes you think those qbs can be easily obtained or traded for?

~Crash~
08-26-2009, 11:39 AM
I just watched detroit preseason game and Drew stanton looked pretty good. I think stanton might be worth a 3 round pick. I also might trade for Josh Johnson for a 7 round pick. I read that Johnson has been the best Qb in Tampa bays camp. The Broncos keep 4 Qb in Orton, Simms , Stanton and Johnson. IF either Stanton and Johnson look good they could always draft another Qb in next years draft.

I am ****ing sick and tired of wanting to be the NE patsies . just what have the ****ers done since they were caught cheating.

SonOfLe-loLang
08-26-2009, 11:48 AM
Elway777 is the mad scientist...he's always thinking up these strange trades

SonOfLe-loLang
08-26-2009, 11:49 AM
I am ****ing sick and tired of wanting to be the NE patsies . just what have the ****ers done since they were caught cheating.

They went 16-0 and were a fluke catch away from winning the super bowl?

SonOfLe-loLang
08-26-2009, 11:50 AM
Oh yeah, then they went 11-5 after they lost their best player and leader. Horrible those patriots. Why would we ever want to emulate them?

Gcver2ver3
08-26-2009, 11:50 AM

i like the path you're going down...

even though Raheem Morris says he is open to it, i doubt Tampa carries 4 QBs...

i'd be thrilled with taking a flyer on Josh Johnson...Stanton sounds intriuging as well...

i know its WAY early but Brandstater looks scary bad to me already but perhaps he'll be okay...but i would defintely want to see us add another QB into the mix to compete for backup duties to Orton...

s0phr0syne
08-26-2009, 11:53 AM

Neither of the QBs he mentions are on the Pats. Stanton is on the Lions, Josh Johnson is on the Bucs...

I really hope I'm just missing your sarcasm...

But yeah, as to the idea of acquiring other QBs, I'd definitely be up for getting a couple of young QBs with some upside. Johnson particularly adds a different element, but I think the Bucs are more likely to cast off either Leftwich or McCown rather than Johnson. But I agree it'd be nice to get someone else in here to learn the system. Looks like that someone will be Ingle Martin IV.

I haven't seen any of Stanton's or Martin's play, so they're both unknowns to me.

broncosteven
08-26-2009, 12:24 PM

Maybe we can trade our Camp Star Tim Crowder for one of these guys?

PRBronco
08-26-2009, 12:32 PM

I demand you supplement this post with a 1st round mock in which we get Ndamokung Suh.

Elway777
08-26-2009, 01:15 PM
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=340145 This thread at footballsfutures talks about Stanton. One guy says the Broncos might be interested in him. Stanton has looked great in preseason but mostly against 3 stingers. Stanton is a guy I might be willing to trade a 3 or 4 rounder .

Mr.Meanie
08-26-2009, 01:31 PM

you serious with this?

TheReverend
08-26-2009, 01:34 PM
Sorry, can't be. I read Kyle Orton looks like Tom Brady

KevinJames
08-26-2009, 01:42 PM
Except for the guy is dumb as rocks...... he wouldn't be able to learn this system

Pontius Pirate
08-26-2009, 01:51 PM

A QB looked good against 3rd stringers? Amazing!

broncosteven
08-26-2009, 01:55 PM
A QB looked good against 3rd stringers? Amazing!

we should trade Marshal straight up for Caleb Hanie.

/more scarasm

Elway777
08-26-2009, 02:09 PM
Except for the guy is dumb as rocks...... he wouldn't be able to learn this systemThe game I saw him play ,He was reading the Defence plus going to his 2 and 3 receiver.His arm stength is far supreior to Orton plus has great mobility.

DBroncos4life
08-26-2009, 02:26 PM
I demand you supplement this post with a 1st round mock in which we get Ndamokung Suh.

Suh is now a dream but hey we got a CB which is our BIGGEST need o D.

bronco_diesel
08-26-2009, 02:32 PM
They went 16-0 and were a fluke catch away from winning the super bowl?

In the game of all games for the season, no catch is fluke - it's called clutch.

bronco_diesel
08-26-2009, 02:33 PM
Sorry, can't be. I read Kyle Orton looks like Tom Brady

Yeah, I thought we already had the next Tom Brady.

SonOfLe-loLang
08-26-2009, 02:57 PM
In the game of all games for the season, no catch is fluke - it's called clutch.

whatever, youre missing the point

BroncoBuff
08-26-2009, 03:42 PM
Where's Big Guy to roll in on this thread ... ?

Billy Clyde Puckett ... ?