PDA

View Full Version : Official OM High-Stakes league thread...

Pages : [1] 2

Popps
08-16-2009, 03:50 PM
Go...

JCMElway
08-16-2009, 04:20 PM
JMC, I just created an "official" high stakes league thread in the fantasy football forum.

Want to put your address in there for the $? I can send mine now. Also, we should maybe announce anything official in that thread as far as dates, etc.

Look on the fantasy site page on Yahoo. My name and address are there. I didn't want to post that info on the main forum. I love all you guys and gals, but who knows what some Chef or Faid trolls are capable of?

Doggcow
08-16-2009, 04:59 PM
Ok so it looks like there was some confusion about the buy in, I was fairly sure everyone was ok with $50. I don't mind doing $60, but up to everyone.

JCMElway
08-16-2009, 09:47 PM
Yeah, I thought we were throwing in an extra $10 for pre-payment on waiver picks, a flat fee if you will.

Doggcow
08-17-2009, 12:36 AM
Yeah, I thought we were throwing in an extra $10 for pre-payment on waiver picks, a flat fee if you will.

Well then it's no different for anyone and everyone may as well just go waiver crazy. The reason I was going for a Pay-Per-Waiver type method is you actually have to think about your waiver moves more and plan ahead.

underrated29
08-17-2009, 09:54 AM
ok so what is the total amount we are sending?

I dont really want to be sending $1 checks every couple weeks for waiver moves. Id rather just get it out of the way. Or can we just pay at the end.

** You guys can just deduct it from my winnings**
:wave:

titan
08-17-2009, 09:51 PM
Why not just have a set # of waiver moves for the season (like one a week) and not charge for them?

JCMElway
08-17-2009, 10:14 PM
I believe we are going to have a set number of waiver moves. I thought the amount was 16. True dogg?

We can do 50 or 60, whatever Dogg decides.

underrated29
08-19-2009, 09:39 AM
Hey does someone want to PM or whatever Missin#7 see if he wants to take myplace in this league.

It would work out better for the draft and then he gets in. I cant find him anywhere otherwise i would tell him.

***edit i did find him and send him a PM- hopefully he gets back in time. If not i am still in this league and will send out the $$ as soon as i hear from missin7

underrated29
08-19-2009, 01:38 PM
Ok talked to 7. he is already in another league now. So looks like i will be staying unless we have someone on the wait list.

Bad news for you guys. Because i am gonna win.:strong:

underrated29
08-19-2009, 02:04 PM
ok, My last hockey playoff game, for the Stanley Cup is the 29th at 5:30pm....

So i have made arrangements for my dad to draft for me until my game is over. I might not be able to draft at all.

So no making fun of the guys my dad drafts, it wasnt me. I am making a rankings list as we speak for him, but that only goes so far......

I have faith.

Doggcow
08-19-2009, 03:00 PM
Well I was thinking $1 per waiver move and people WIN $2.50 for every W they get. Usually it's about even in the end and only a few people owe much more (which we will have to go on honor and they pay at the end of the season) and keeps the waivers not flipping like crazy.

I dont really care either way, thats just how I've we normally done it and it worked great.

I think we should keep it at a $50 league though since everyone agreed to that initially.

Please please please tell me if you can't make the draft.

Oh and get those checks in ASAP (I'll be mailing mine/Bros on friday, dont know how long it takes to get there though from WA)

Would anyone mind emailing/PMing everyone about the draft to make sure they're still in? (I'm driving to Seattle today after work and will be pretty tied up until Sunday night so if anyone else could do it, it would make my life a lot easier)

titan
08-20-2009, 12:33 PM
As long as the draft time is set at 6 pm Aug 29th I'll send in my check. If the draft time is still negotiable then let's set that first (I can't make an afternoon draft that day, and I saw on the main board one owner preferred an afternoon draft)

underrated29
08-20-2009, 12:36 PM
As long as the draft time is set at 6 pm Aug 29th I'll send in my check. If the draft time is still negotiable then let's set that first (I can't make an afternoon draft that day, and I saw on the main board one owner preferred an afternoon draft)

That would be best imo. i might not be able to finish the draft, but atleast i wont have my dad making all my picks.

chaz
08-20-2009, 06:18 PM
I suggested an afternoon draft, but I'm definitely flexible. I just would prefer not spending a Saturday night on the computer, but if that's what works for everyone else that's cool with me.

JCMElway
08-20-2009, 10:12 PM
Hey Chaz, I can't do an afternoon draft, I'll be working.

Who were the Genetic Supermen? They just left the league. We need one more player now.

JCM

Doggcow
08-20-2009, 11:03 PM
I think Genetic Supermen was Kaylore heh

OBF1
08-20-2009, 11:33 PM
dunkin doughnuts

titan
08-21-2009, 09:48 AM
I had a family event come up on draft night so I have dropped out of the league. My spot is open for anyone wanting in the league.

chaz
08-21-2009, 04:21 PM
so are we just rolling with 10 teams now?

JCMElway
08-22-2009, 12:58 AM
Yeah, unless two people want to step up and join, it's ten teams.

underrated29
08-23-2009, 03:09 PM
alright guys we have a problem....

I won my game so i will be playing hockey at time of the draft. And my dad who was supposed to cover me, just sold his house and is closing this saturday....

I dont know what to do or what you guys want me to do. If we can move the draft up or back to sunday. Or i can drop out, but i dont want to screw you guys over.....

Let me know whats best, but for now i cant draft.

chaz
08-23-2009, 06:31 PM
could we do sunday afternoon? or anytime sunday?

JCMElway
08-23-2009, 06:44 PM
alright guys we have a problem....

I won my game so i will be playing hockey at time of the draft. And my dad who was supposed to cover me, just sold his house and is closing this saturday....

I dont know what to do or what you guys want me to do. If we can move the draft up or back to sunday. Or i can drop out, but i dont want to screw you guys over.....

Let me know whats best, but for now i cant draft.

You can set up a priority drafting list on yahoo before the draft. Yahoo will automatically draft your team and get you all of the roster spots you need. If you put some time and thought into the auto list you will get most of the players you want.

Otherwise, I'd track down a buddy and call in a favor from him.

JCMElway
08-23-2009, 06:45 PM
I could switch to Sunday evening beginning at 5 PM CST.

underrated29
08-24-2009, 03:26 PM
You can set up a priority drafting list on yahoo before the draft. Yahoo will automatically draft your team and get you all of the roster spots you need. If you put some time and thought into the auto list you will get most of the players you want.

Otherwise, I'd track down a buddy and call in a favor from him.

I am doing everything i can... Unfortunately most of my friends play hockey with me......

I dont want to be a selfish bastage, but forgive me guys if i dont do the auto draft thing. $50 might not be much to most, but its a lot to me. And i want to ensure that i am doing the best i can with my investment.

I hate to say it, but if i cant get me a proxy i am going to have to bow out. Still searching for someone. If not that other guy is doing that league with a draft on sunday, dont know if there is still room......but its better to draft than not at all ( i mean physically yourself).

JCMElway
08-24-2009, 03:51 PM
Like I say, if folks want to switch to Sunday after the Bears game that would be fine with me. Or the following Sunday.

Thoughts?

chaz
08-24-2009, 07:15 PM
i'm up for sunday

underrated29
08-24-2009, 08:32 PM
you guys already know where i stand. Sundays ftw.

underrated29
08-25-2009, 11:15 AM
any updates gents? I feel so bad. Its like a catch 22 for me.

If i leave you guys, then you got 9 teams which blows. But if i stay and you move the draft then it screws over everyone else just because of my schedule.

I do feel terrible bout this, but i think i am going to back out. I will give it one more day (wednesday) to find someone to draft for me until i am done.

*crossses fingers*

Doggcow
08-25-2009, 11:26 AM
Sunday works. Everyone good with that?

What time?

JCMElway
08-25-2009, 04:43 PM
I had my dates turned around, and on Saturday the 6th I have another draft. Sorry all. Does Saturday the 5th work for everyone, say 6 PM MST?

underrated29
08-25-2009, 04:49 PM
saturday the 5th is good. Sunday the 6th i have another draft. And monday the 7th i am out of town for a long while......still be able to update roster, but computer access is beyond limited.

JCMElway
08-25-2009, 05:26 PM
Well I am shooting for Saturday the fifth. Cross your fingers.

And we need one more guy in the league.

chaz
08-26-2009, 02:16 AM
I had my dates turned around, and on Saturday the 6th I have another draft. Sorry all. Does Saturday the 5th work for everyone, say 6 PM MST?

So is something wrong with sunday (either sunday) or is this just further complicating things?

Arkie
08-26-2009, 10:43 AM
Any day except 8/29 works for me.

JCMElway
08-26-2009, 01:23 PM
So is something wrong with sunday (either sunday) or is this just further complicating things?

This Sunday is the Bears game, and next Sunday two of us already have drafts. Also, I work Sunday during the day.

underrated29
08-26-2009, 01:56 PM
So what did we decide with?

JCMElway
08-26-2009, 02:21 PM
I haven't heard a great outcry, so I think we are gonna do Sat Sept 5 at 6 PM CST.

Popps
09-02-2009, 01:23 AM
Sorry I've been AWOL. Just replied to your mail. Hit me back and I'll paypal. Did we decide on $55?

Draft time is fine, provided I remember. :) Crazy draft weekend coming up for me.

When do we get our draft slots? Night before?

chaz
09-02-2009, 07:23 AM
When do we get our draft slots? Night before?

half hour before

JCMElway
09-02-2009, 09:18 AM
I guess the consensus was $50, but if you paypal me try and see what the charge is for using paypal. In my experience, the guy receiving the $ gets charged for it. If you choose to use paypal, you gotta make sure the extra $ is included.

broncofan7
09-02-2009, 09:50 AM
payment of $55 sent......

Popps
09-03-2009, 12:42 AM
I guess the consensus was $50, but if you paypal me try and see what the charge is for using paypal. In my experience, the guy receiving the $ gets charged for it. If you choose to use paypal, you gotta make sure the extra $ is included.

I think if it's a transaction or you use a debit card, there is a fee.

But, if you send as a gift from your own account (linked to account or money that was in your paypal account) ... it's free.

JMC... PM me to confirm your address, please.

Popps
09-03-2009, 12:44 AM
Also, I think we should post a definitive scoring breakdown on this thread to make sure there are no objections. (As well as a prize breakdown.)

Or, we could do it at the site.

JCMElway
09-03-2009, 02:18 AM
The scoring breakdown is available in the settings area on the yahoo league page. Prize breakdown....

How about:

1st: $275
2nd: $175
3rd: $100

And we can give the regular season total points champion $50. (If we don't like a reg season points champ we can give the $50 to 4th place in the playoffs.) I've done this system in the past and it works pretty well. Thoughts?

BTW, we are going to have a 6 team playoff with the top two seeds getting byes in the first week of the playoffs. Playoff weeks are weeks 14-16.

Doggcow
09-03-2009, 02:42 AM
The scoring breakdown is available in the settings area on the yahoo league page. Prize breakdown....

How about:

And we can give the regular season total points champion $50. (If we don't like a reg season points champ we can give the $50 to 4th place in the playoffs.) I've done this system in the past and it works pretty well. Thoughts?

BTW, we are going to have a 6 team playoff with the top two seeds getting byes in the first week of the playoffs. Playoff weeks are weeks 14-16.

That works for me.

Btw, can you PM me your info JMC so I can send that check? I have been just blasted with school the past couple weeks.

Doggcow
09-03-2009, 02:44 AM
Also, I think we should post a definitive scoring breakdown on this thread to make sure there are no objections. (As well as a prize breakdown.)

Or, we could do it at the site.

No-one has objected to the current system so I think that will stay as is.

The points SHOULD rack up as 1 per 2 catches so it is PPR, but I don't know for sure as I haven't used Yahoo before. Other than that it's fairly standard

Doggcow
09-03-2009, 02:46 AM
If people want to try a random draft order so we know ahead of time someone could draw out of a hat. Maybe someone thats not in the league would be willing to too like Taco or something :P

Popps
09-03-2009, 03:00 AM
If people want to try a random draft order so we know ahead of time someone could draw out of a hat. Maybe someone thats not in the league would be willing to too like Taco or something :P

Definitely.

All we have to do is assign everyone a number and figure out a way to get one random number generated.

Is assigning a draft order an option on Yahoo?

Popps
09-03-2009, 03:02 AM

How about:

Seems good. I'll peek over the scoring tomorrow. I'm sure it's fine.

Just sent my dues.

JCMElway
09-03-2009, 04:53 AM
Hey all,

My name and address are on the Fantasy site in the postings area.

And Yahoo randomizes the draft order right before we select.

mr007
09-03-2009, 09:43 AM
Hey all,

Do you have room for one more?

underrated29
09-03-2009, 10:37 AM
Hey all,

Hey JMC- i am just going to have to paypal you the $$$. Can i do it the day of the draft-(BEFORE THE DRAFT, BUT ON DRAFT DAY).

If not i can paypal tonight or tomorrow. But how much extra $$$ should i send for the service charge...

I would mail it, but i think its too late for it to get to you on time.

what would you like me to do.

JCMElway
09-03-2009, 10:48 AM
Underrated, if you send the paypal $ from a checking or bank acct then there is no fee. Thanks for that Info, Popps.

Send the $ as soon as you can!

Jas

JCMElway
09-03-2009, 10:49 AM
Do you have room for one more?

We have 12, I'm sorry!

worm
09-03-2009, 10:57 AM
Thx JCM for your work with the $$$. Be sure not to use it to bet on games this year. :)

Between this and the mock draft...you get mad props.

Doggcow
09-03-2009, 11:06 AM
We have 12, I'm sorry!

Wait so is underrated going to make it or not? If he wants out because he cant draft and Mr007 can go that might be the best option, right?

JCMElway
09-03-2009, 11:15 AM
Hey all.

So far I have money or communication about impending money from:

Worm
B. Allen (Who are you again?)
Popps
Doggcow
Doggcow's brother
Broncofan7
Myself (Those Cheap Bastards)

For the remaining five of you, will you please contact me by Saturday morning and let me know that you are still on board and when the $ will arrive? Those 5 are:

1. kaylore
2. Lazarus
3. Stout
4. Arkie
5......And whoever I'm missing. Damn I can't keep you guys straight. I'll email everyone.

Will the four of you, and whoever I'm missing, please email me and let me know that you can draft on Saturday?

Oh, and if someone has an email address for Kaylore please let me know. He may have vacated the mane and I want to be sure to get a hold of him.

JCMElway
09-03-2009, 11:16 AM
Wait so is underrated going to make it or not? If he wants out because he cant draft and Mr007 can go that might be the best option, right?

underrated is in, but I worry about Kahn. I PMed our new guy to put him on standby.

underrated29
09-03-2009, 12:17 PM

Hell Yeah i am still in. I am making it like cake.

It was just the 29th that i couldnt do and my dad bailed on me at the last minute.

Dont give my spot up, because i want to kick some bootay.

underrated29
09-03-2009, 12:19 PM
Hey all.

So far I have money or communication about impending money from:

Worm
B. Allen (Who are you again?)
Popps
Doggcow
Doggcow's brother
Broncofan7
Myself (Those Cheap Bastards)

For the remaining five of you, will you please contact me by Saturday morning and let me know that you are still on board and when the $ will arrive? Those 5 are:

1. kaylore
2. Lazarus
3. Stout
4. Arkie
5......And whoever I'm missing. Damn I can't keep you guys straight. I'll email everyone.

Will the four of you, and whoever I'm missing, please email me and let me know that you can draft on Saturday?

Oh, and if someone has an email address for Kaylore please let me know. He may have vacated the mane and I want to be sure to get a hold of him.

i saw him at our site- i will pm him and ask.

underrated29
09-03-2009, 12:30 PM
I have never done an online draft before....

I just want to make sure i do this right,

I just go into our yahoo league 30 min before the draft starts and then just get into the chat/draft room and we draft, correct?

underrated29
09-03-2009, 12:44 PM
Kaylore replied to my PM.

He says he is out. And out of cash. thanks for the invite and hope we have fun.

Kaylore is nomore.

I say 007 is in..

PMing you jmc just to make sure you see this soon so we can find a fill in.

underrated29
09-03-2009, 06:10 PM
umm guys..

Did you kick me out or something. I can not get into the league at all......

broncofan7
09-03-2009, 06:30 PM
Kaylore replied to my PM.

He says he is out. And out of cash. thanks for the invite and hope we have fun.

Kaylore is nomore.

I say 007 is in..

PMing you jmc just to make sure you see this soon so we can find a fill in.

Has he left the mane or just the yahoo league?

mr007
09-03-2009, 08:39 PM
Hey I gotta get out, sorry. I'm gonna be out of town, so unless you draft next week sometime I gotta bounce.

JCMElway
09-03-2009, 09:06 PM
OK Mroo7, no worries. I guess Kaylore wasn't even in there. I think I have everyone sorted out now.

Hey, got a request to push the draft back 30 minutes. Does anyone have a problem with that? 6:30 MST.

chaz
09-03-2009, 10:10 PM
OK Mroo7, no worries. I guess Kaylore wasn't even in there. I think I have everyone sorted out now.

Hey, got a request to push the draft back 30 minutes. Does anyone have a problem with that? 6:30 MST.

no problem...are we down to 11 now without kaylore or 007?

JCMElway
09-03-2009, 10:17 PM
No, underrated has to get back in, that's all. I booted him by mistake, thinking it was Kaylore.

Doggcow
09-04-2009, 01:38 AM
We can push it back half an hour, fine with me.

worm
09-04-2009, 09:35 AM
I can wait another 30min to begin taking ya'lls money. :)

underrated29
09-04-2009, 09:40 AM
No problem with moving it back 30 minutes. Now that i am back in. See you guys tomorrow night.

Doggcow
09-04-2009, 01:32 PM
Anyone mind bumping it back a little longer? I was thinkin it was on sunday, not saturday. I don't want to have to leave a football home game early =\

underrated29
09-04-2009, 02:10 PM
I am free on sunday. That works for me if it does everyone else. Just remember that i leave town monday night so we cant go further back than that.

Irish Stout
09-04-2009, 03:59 PM
I will likely not be able to draft tomorrow night, but I'm fine with whenever - I preset my stuff. I'm still going to be the awesomest team ever!

broncofan7
09-04-2009, 04:05 PM
Draft should be Sunday night at 7pm CST---that's it--either show up then or tough ****ing luck..........this is ridiculous......

Doggcow
09-04-2009, 04:25 PM
I thought it was originally going to be on Sunday anyway.

JCMElway
09-04-2009, 04:26 PM
Draft should be Sunday night at 7pm CST---that's it--either show up then or tough ****ing luck..........this is ridiculous......

I nudged the draft to 6:30 PM MST. And the draft is SATURDAY night (the 5th) Make sure to preset your roster just in case you have a schedule conflict or technical difficulties

Doggcow
09-04-2009, 04:29 PM
I nudged the draft to 6:30 PM MST. And the draft is SATURDAY night (the 5th) Make sure to preset your roster just in case you have a schedule conflict or technical difficulties

I don't care either day I'll make it. I just didn't notice that until last night that it was sat and not sunday lol

JCMElway
09-04-2009, 04:30 PM
I can't move it back any further. I got a note from one of our drafters that they live on the East Coast and wouldn't want it any later.

broncofan7
09-04-2009, 04:32 PM
cool--as long as this is the final date and time LOL

JCMElway
09-04-2009, 04:32 PM
Our draft is:

Saturday September 5th at 6:30 PM MST

Final answer.

chaz
09-04-2009, 04:40 PM
Final answer.

i like decisiveness.

JCMElway
09-04-2009, 04:41 PM
i like decisiveness.

You're a tool.

Now THAT is decisive.

Doggcow
09-04-2009, 04:56 PM
Our draft is:

Saturday September 5th at 6:30 PM MST

Final answer.

MST is 1hr ahead of PST right?

chaz
09-04-2009, 04:56 PM
You're a tool.

Now THAT is decisive.

I'm no longer a fan.

JCMElway
09-04-2009, 05:06 PM
I'm no longer a fan.

LOL

+1

Just a reminder

The draft is Saturday, Sept 5. at 6:30 PM MST

JCMElway
09-04-2009, 05:18 PM
8:30 est/7:30 cst/6:30 mst/5:30 pst

underrated29
09-05-2009, 03:25 PM
Sorry work caught up with me last night. I am headed home today. I will send the $$ paypal at almost exactly 4:30pm MST.....

jsut an fyi- if you care at all. I like to be pretty exact. so 4:30pm you should see it.

JCMElway
09-05-2009, 04:25 PM
Chaz is still a tool.

I like to be pretty exact as well.

;)

Popps
09-05-2009, 06:28 PM
We start 3 WR or a flex?

Doggcow
09-05-2009, 07:42 PM
Yeah flex is WR/RB/TE

Theres no limit on waiver moves right?

Doggcow
09-05-2009, 10:35 PM
Why did you turn on fractional points and nerf the **** out of defenses? Wow, you really gimped defenses something fierce.

Doggcow
09-05-2009, 10:54 PM
Seriously. You went and changed a bunch of scoring things without discussing it on here?

Explain JMC.

underrated29
09-05-2009, 11:00 PM
I did not notice them but you are still going down doggcow.

BTW which team are you?

Doggcow
09-05-2009, 11:01 PM
I did not notice them but you are still going down doggcow.

BTW which team are you?

Windy City Criers.

I don't know how much I like my team atm lol. I have stud RB's on all my other teams, kinda weak there on this one.

underrated29
09-05-2009, 11:23 PM
i will have to check it out.

I am satisfied with mine. I ran out of money so teamed up with my dad, and he had a few questionable picks, but overall should be fine.

This is going to be a fun year. Sucks i am out of town for the first two weeks though. Want to talk some smack to everyone....

JCMElway
09-05-2009, 11:27 PM
I bumped D scoring back up, just went to yahoo default settings. Didn't know that we had discussed it before or that is was a big deal, sorry.

JCMElway
09-05-2009, 11:30 PM
Hey all, I set the max moves for drop/adds at 20. This will keep guys from having rotating rosters. It's still more that a move a week. Does that seem fair to everyone?

I will zero out all roster moves before kick on Thursday.

JCMElway
09-05-2009, 11:33 PM
Why did you turn on fractional points and nerf the **** out of defenses? Wow, you really gimped defenses something fierce.

I turned on fractional points because we have .5 ppr. This way teams will get credit for what they actually do without rounding.

chaz
09-05-2009, 11:41 PM
I like fractional points...I'm a precision kind of guy.

I'm officially in the market for a RB

Doggcow
09-05-2009, 11:41 PM
Take off the fractional points and change MFG 50 to -1, I think its a huge advantage if people with long range kickers arnt penalized for missing long range fg's, should be -1 across the board imo especially since a 50 yarder is worth about a td.

Doggcow
09-05-2009, 11:48 PM
Ok whatever, I guess fractional points can stay...

I don't really care. However I do think its funny when a guy loses 2 yards on a carry and the guy loses a point and the game because of it.

underrated29
09-05-2009, 11:50 PM
Ok whatever, I guess fractional points can stay...

I don't really care. However I do think its funny when a guy loses 2 yards on a carry and the guy loses a point and the game because of it.

On field goals, i could care less one way or another.

But i am wondering how many 50 yard field goals does a kicker kick each year? Not to many i am guessing and making them is even more rare an occasion.

Mason Crosby- huge leg- IIRC had only like 5 or 6 all year last year. That is off memmory but it doesnt happen all that often.

Once again though, field goals, i dont care.

JCMElway
09-05-2009, 11:52 PM
I killed fractional, looked a bit TOO precise. Let's take a vote on the -1 for over 50, I disagree with you there. I kept it for the rest of the FGs, but penalizing a K for a tough attempt seems weak to me.

Will everyone please chime in on this? Should K get a -1 for a missed attempt over 50?

Doggcow
09-05-2009, 11:52 PM
Keep the fractional points I guess, just in case it wont rack up Points Per Reception on the non fractional points.

JCMElway
09-05-2009, 11:56 PM
Keep the fractional points I guess, just in case it wont rack up Points Per Reception on the non fractional points.

the ppr will get recorded, just rounded up, and I'm fine with that.

Doggcow
09-05-2009, 11:57 PM
the ppr will get recorded, just rounded up, and I'm fine with that.

Will it round up to .5 or will it be 2 receptions point? I dont want 3 receptions getting 2 points and 4 receptions getting 2 points.

JCMElway
09-06-2009, 12:02 AM
yeah, if a guy has 5 receptions in a game, he would get 3 points. 4 receptions would get him 2, and 6 receptions would get him 3.

Then 7 receptions would round up to 4 points. Does that work or do we want to be more precise about it?

chaz
09-06-2009, 12:02 AM
I think fractional pts should stay and I think all missed field goals should be -1

JCMElway
09-06-2009, 12:05 AM
Fine, fractional points are in and since there are two guys who care and one who is indiff -1 for 50 is back in.

underrated29
09-06-2009, 12:26 PM
yes fractional points. 3 recptions should not get the same as 4.

No for -1 on the FG. <----thats just personal preference. I really dont care on this though.

Doggcow
09-07-2009, 03:41 PM
Frisco/Kaylore + Popps + Donte + Criers = Playoffs

Doggcow
09-07-2009, 03:47 PM
Actually now that I think about it, (from the other side) 5 catches being worth a pt more than 4 catches should be ok, right?

Then we dont have to use fractional points... What do you all think?

underrated29
09-07-2009, 03:58 PM
lordy...

I see your point though........Whatever you guys want is fine with me...As long as the rest of the rules maintain. I am cool.

PS- i leave town tomorrow- so no smack talk from me.... Wont get back until week 2. (20/21st) But i can still set rosters.

good luck gents.

underrated29
09-07-2009, 03:59 PM
Frisco/Kaylore + Popps + Donte + Criers = Playoffs

Is those cheap bastards one of them???? I like his team.

Doggcow
09-07-2009, 03:59 PM
I think we should turn off fractional points now that I think about it. Then we get the 1pt per two receptions except it starts at the first catch instead of the second, it's still fair every way.

Doggcow
09-07-2009, 04:01 PM
I dont like my team that much outright, I think i'll need a waiver snag to make it exceptionally powerful.

chaz
09-07-2009, 04:21 PM
Anyone want a stud WR? I got a spare...

underrated29
09-07-2009, 04:25 PM
who you got chaz.... I am like the redskins (sorta) always interested to make a trade....But dont expect to bend me over like they do. Thats where we differ.

Doggcow
09-07-2009, 04:56 PM
I need another solid RB :P

chaz
09-07-2009, 10:42 PM
who you got chaz.... I am like the redskins (sorta) always interested to make a trade....But dont expect to bend me over like they do. Thats where we differ.

larry fitz, steve smith, roddy white...need a rb

Doggcow
09-08-2009, 01:22 AM
Wait ****.

I was thinking about it today, if we had fractional points off would EVERYTHING round up? E.g. 6 rushing yards = 1 point? Lets just go with fractional I think...

JCMElway
09-08-2009, 09:07 AM
No it wouldn't. It only goes to a point when 10 yards rushing is achieved.

"By choosing to allow fractional yardage points, all players receive fractional points for every yard gained. So if your league awards one point for every 20 rushing yards, you would receive 1/20 of a point for each yard gained.

If you set this option to no, your players will only receive one point at every 20 yards, and nothing in between. So, a player rushing for 0-19 yards would receive no points, a player rushing for 20-39 yards would receive one point, a player rushing for 40-59 yards would receive two points, etc.

If you wish to award fractional points for a specific scoring category, simply enter a fractional number as the point modifier for that category."

Doggcow
09-08-2009, 10:00 AM
So can we just set it as .5 points per reception then and turn on fractional points just for that?

underrated29
09-08-2009, 10:54 AM
i say we go fractional for receptions

and

1 pt 10 yards rushing. No fractionals here.

So if my guy rushes for 19 yards i only get 1 pt. If he gets 20 yards then i get 2 pts.

I like that best.

Chaz, i am out of town for a bit, week two to be exact. maybe we can work something out then.

broncofan7
09-08-2009, 11:33 AM
i say we go fractional for receptions

and

1 pt 10 yards rushing. No fractionals here.

So if my guy rushes for 19 yards i only get 1 pt. If he gets 20 yards then i get 2 pts.

I like that best.

Chaz, i am out of town for a bit, week two to be exact. maybe we can work something out then.

There should be no changes to settings after a draft has occurred.......kind of undermines the integrity of the league......

JCMElway
09-09-2009, 10:08 AM
There should be no changes to settings after a draft has occurred.......kind of undermines the integrity of the league......

I agree. We'll just stick with fractional for everything. It's a closer gauge of what the players do anyway.

Doggcow
09-09-2009, 12:00 PM

I'm not trying to change the scoring, just trying to get it to what it was aimed at before the draft. The only thing I've been trying to fix is the PPR which everyone knew about before the draft, whether its fractional or not I don't think affects how someone would draft.

chaz
09-09-2009, 02:21 PM
I agree. We'll just stick with fractional for everything. It's a closer gauge of what the players do anyway.

Exactly, not sure how anyone can be opposed to more exact scoring...you are never penalized by it.

chaz
09-09-2009, 02:22 PM
could we get a list of who everyone's team name going? Some are obvious but others aren't.

I'm sota boy

Popps
09-10-2009, 12:24 PM
Has everyone paid?? I assume so.

If not, I think anyone that hasn't paid by Sunday morning should just be disqualified from any potential
money winnings for the season.

Popps
09-10-2009, 12:26 PM
could we get a list of who everyone's team name going? Some are obvious but others aren't.

I'm sota boy

Agree. Good idea. My team is fairly obvious. But, a full list here would be cool. Maybe we could get it edited into the OP?

Doggcow
09-10-2009, 01:08 PM
Has everyone paid?? I assume so.

If not, I think anyone that hasn't paid by Sunday morning should just be disqualified from any potential
money winnings for the season.

I think we could also put their teams up for sale for anyone that will drop the $50 as well. Or maybe give people a discount since they didnt draft the team (I know it's not fair to people who actually drafted but its better than letting someone play for free til the end just to take them out of the playoffs.)

JCMElway
09-10-2009, 01:50 PM
Relax, the money will come in. No need to throw the baby out with the bath water if folks run a couple of days late.

Irish Stout
09-10-2009, 02:43 PM
I think we could also put their teams up for sale for anyone that will drop the $50 as well. Or maybe give people a discount since they didnt draft the team (I know it's not fair to people who actually drafted but its better than letting someone play for free til the end just to take them out of the playoffs.)

Do people actually do this?

Popps
09-10-2009, 06:11 PM
Relax, the money will come in. No need to throw the baby out with the bath water if folks run a couple of days late.

I just don't think it's fair to those who paid on time. Even a tiny deposit for good faith if people just don't have it is cool. But, you sort of hate to see people waiting to see how their teams start before they pay.

I'll leave it up to you, though. You're the commish, as far as I'm concerned.

Doggcow
09-11-2009, 01:02 AM
No ****ing way I'm doing yahoo next year. We're switching to ESPN. No stat lines for guys is ****ing annoying as ****.

Doggcow
09-11-2009, 01:03 AM
I just don't think it's fair to those who paid on time. Even a tiny deposit for good faith if people just don't have it is cool. But, you sort of hate to see people waiting to see how their teams start before they pay.

I'll leave it up to you, though. You're the commish, as far as I'm concerned.

Well yeah, if you have AD and he goes down in week 1 and haven't paid you can just bail...

Doggcow
09-11-2009, 02:03 AM
I had Santonio Holmes on my bench lol. No way I could have made that play though..

Popps
09-14-2009, 11:05 PM
No ****ing way I'm doing yahoo next year. We're switching to ESPN. No stat lines for guys is ****ing annoying as ****.

It is a little weird.

Free, though. Maybe next year we can split the cost of CBS. Nothing touches it, imo.

Guess my Brees pick worked out this week. :)

Popps
09-15-2009, 10:50 PM
Anyone know why the league says there are no available free agents at this point?

chaz
09-16-2009, 01:10 PM
Anyone know why the league says there are no available free agents at this point?

The league is set up so that all FA go through a waiver period each week, with priority based upon league standings. After the waiver period each week ends (today for week 2) the remaining players become FA.

Doggcow
09-16-2009, 01:31 PM
It is a little weird.

Free, though. Maybe next year we can split the cost of CBS. Nothing touches it, imo.

CBS is free too I think isn't it?

chaz
09-17-2009, 09:21 PM
do trades count against roster moves limit?

JCMElway
09-18-2009, 08:32 AM
do trades count against roster moves limit?

No, trades are unlimited.

JCMElway
09-18-2009, 08:33 AM

Just click on Players link. You should be able to pick up whoever. I have.

JCMElway
09-18-2009, 09:10 AM
Hey guys, I've had a personal situation broiling around me that's going to end on Wednesday. So, I believe everyone has paid, (And I haven't cashed the checks yet, so I can keep track of it.) but I have not been keeping the best track of it. I will take stock of all this on Wednesday or Thursday. At that point I will also release the definitive payout structure. At that point you can all bithc at me and we'll come up with the real definitive payout structure.

Thanks for the patience.

Oh, and all your teams suck. Yeah.

Doggcow
09-18-2009, 03:10 PM
Sproles starting, LT out. Ya'll are ****ed now!

Btw, when will my trade go thru?

Doggcow
09-18-2009, 03:12 PM
Btw I hope the jets show up... otherwise it will suck watching Tom Brady run the score up on me :(

chaz
09-18-2009, 04:59 PM
Btw I hope the jets show up... otherwise it will suck watching Tom Brady run the score up on me :(

I have Brady in a different league and I hope you're right but I think he might struggle...Revis will cover Moss, Welker is hobbled, Galloway is apparently awful now, and the Jets should get a lot of pressure in Tommy's face...it will be a great game.

Arkie
09-18-2009, 05:16 PM

I'm sota boy

I'm Woopigsooie

Arkie
09-18-2009, 05:19 PM
It is a little weird.

from CBS:

Got a friend with problems running their league on another site? Refer them to CBSSports.com Fantasy Football Commissioner and we'll send you $100 for every purchased league you refer. Click the link below.
Refer a friend now!

One of us could refer JCM to purchase the league and then reimburse him with the $100.

chaz
09-18-2009, 06:57 PM
what is yahoo missing? never done anything else, but not sure what more to it there could be please enlighten this young man

Doggcow
09-19-2009, 10:16 PM
Darren Sproles now starting, Ryan Grant Vs. Cinci, I expect to crush this week!

Also. JMC Should take everyones team names and email their forum names to all of us so we always have a list of whos who

Doggcow
09-20-2009, 12:35 AM
Kinda sucks that it counts as a waiver move for me to replace one of my bench spots which is empty..

broncofan7
09-20-2009, 08:42 AM
Darren Sproles now starting, Ryan Grant Vs. Cinci, I expect to crush this week!

Also. JMC Should take everyones team names and email their forum names to all of us so we always have a list of whos who

Yeah Sproles Vs The Ravens run -d.....40 pts plus..LOL

JCMElway
09-20-2009, 08:50 AM
Players:
1. Doggcow (Rookie Holdouts)
2. Popps (Popps & The Minions)
3. sutoazul (Half-Tame Horses)
4. titan (Monday Night Magic)
5. Lazarus (Dizzy's Roughnecks)
6. JCMElway (Those Cheap Bastards)
7. underated29 (underated29)
8. Irish Stout (Dancing Dingleberry)
9. Doggcow's Brother
10. Arkie (Woopigsooie)
11. Kaylore
12. Chaz ('sota boy)

Here's the list from the beginning of the [rocess. I know Titan and Kaylore aren't with us. You can add yourself to this list if you are not on here.

Irish Stout
09-21-2009, 10:36 AM
Players:
1. Doggcow (Rookie Holdouts)
2. Popps (Popps & The Minions)
3. sutoazul (Half-Tame Horses)
4. titan (Monday Night Magic)
5. Lazarus (Dizzy's Roughnecks)
6. JCMElway (Those Cheap Bastards)
7. underated29 (underated29)
8. Irish Stout (Dancing Dingleberry)
9. Doggcow's Brother
10. Arkie (Woopigsooie)
11. Kaylore
12. Chaz ('sota boy)

Here's the list from the beginning of the [rocess. I know Titan and Kaylore aren't with us. You can add yourself to this list if you are not on here.

What do you mean Titan and Kaylore aren't with us?

Also, JCM can you let me know if you got my check? I don't care if its PM, on here, or email. Thanks!

underrated29
09-21-2009, 10:45 AM
ok, i am back in town boys. Havent had a chance to look yet at the standing and what not. How are we doing?

Underrated29= Not Kaylore

JCMElway
09-21-2009, 10:46 AM
What do you mean Titan and Kaylore aren't with us?

Also, JCM can you let me know if you got my check? I don't care if its PM, on here, or email. Thanks!

Titan and Kaylore got replaced with Worm and Broncofan7.

I will be looking at $ stuff on Thursday.

Doggcow
09-23-2009, 01:18 PM
**** Chris Johnson.

On the other hand, welcome ADRIAN PETERSON TO THE CRIERS!

Doggcow
09-25-2009, 01:37 PM
Chaz, you can't be throwing up trades with Darren Sproles (The starting RB and one of the best fantasy players til week two) valued as like a 10th rounder, and then value Steve Smith NYG as a 2nd rounder :P

It's gotta go both ways, I know, of course your guys are way better than mine because of their scores though. Mine scoring a lot is just a fluke.

Doggcow
09-25-2009, 03:20 PM
Why are trades taking so damn long?

underrated29
09-25-2009, 04:52 PM
Oh, so i was the one that took you down doggy dog.

HA HA HA.

Yeah baby suck my chris Johnson!

I will trade him though, for the right price that is.

Arkie
09-25-2009, 08:35 PM
Has everybody paid?

Doggcow
09-26-2009, 01:01 AM
Oh, so i was the one that took you down doggy dog.

HA HA HA.

Yeah baby suck my chris Johnson!

I will trade him though, for the right price that is.

He just had his best game of his career. Oh well. **** happens.

Doggcow
09-26-2009, 01:02 AM
Put the god damned trades through.

Doggcow
09-26-2009, 01:06 AM
wtf is with noone even looking at trades? At least ****ing decline them, ****.

Doggcow
09-26-2009, 01:28 AM
Meh, I give up, guess noone will really trade anymore.. I wish JMC would at least accept or decline offers, and maybe put a trade thru here and there..

Doggcow
09-26-2009, 04:33 PM
Next year everyone want to switch to ESPN, and go with 6 or 7 man benches?

Didn't realize how short 5 would be, cant even carry a defense backup.

underrated29
09-26-2009, 07:19 PM
i like cbs format the best, but espn is cool with me. I have never played on a roster where you could have bench spots for any position, so if 5 is to small then i am game for making it 7 or whatever you suggested.

chaz
09-27-2009, 09:56 PM
Next year everyone want to switch to ESPN, and go with 6 or 7 man benches?

Didn't realize how short 5 would be, cant even carry a defense backup.

the small benches are AWFUL

underrated29
09-28-2009, 01:18 PM
whewie. Squeeked out a close one there. Brady better get his freakin act together. The #7 overall pick has performed less than some kickers i think.

Come on TOM- I am counting on you to light it up for me.

JCMElway
09-28-2009, 01:59 PM
Meh, I give up, guess noone will really trade anymore.. I wish JMC would at least accept or decline offers, and maybe put a trade thru here and there..

I told you, I DO NOT PUT TRADE OFFERS THROUGH. It is up to a league vote. If the league does not reject the trade it goes through when yahoo says it does. It may take longer than it's supposed to, but it goes through. I shortened the period to one day so it goes faster, but I do not have any say whatsoever on if trades are accepted or not.

As for the short benches it was originally set up with only 14 rounds and I didn't catch that. But you can have 16 players on the team if you set it up that way pre-draft. However, I think it adds a bit of strategy to have a small bench, so I don't mind it so much.

I like Yahoo, but we can put it up to a league vote, no big whoop.

JCMElway
09-28-2009, 02:19 PM
Also, I took off the Waiver status for all players for the whole week to help deal with the shorter benches. You may pick up players now whenever you would like to.

JCMElway
09-28-2009, 02:20 PM
Oh, and I did decline your trade offers Dogg, I was just taking a while to think about them, that's all.

(And folks, the initials are JCM. Thanks.)

chaz
09-28-2009, 03:52 PM
Also, I took off the Waiver status for all players for the whole week to help deal with the shorter benches. You may pick up players now whenever you would like to.

Just curious...how does that help with shorter benches?

broncofan7
09-28-2009, 03:56 PM
Lost by a POINT! Damn you Addai!

underrated29
09-28-2009, 04:44 PM
Lost by a POINT! Damn you Addai!

And it was SEEEEXXXYYYYY too!

(no thanks to brady)-1 freaking TD. Thats like his 2nd all year. wtf.

Whos next!?

JCMElway
09-28-2009, 07:26 PM
Just curious...how does that help with shorter benches?

It makes it so that players are available at any time, not just Tuesday through Sunday. just easier to pick people up and drop them.

Doggcow
09-29-2009, 08:52 AM
WHAT IS GOING ON???

WHY IS THE WAIVER WIRE NOT WORKING RIGHT?

Seriously wtf? Now I'm getting ****ed on that too, nice.

Doggcow
09-29-2009, 08:58 AM
Seriously? You took off the waiver advantage?

So now the rich get richer and I just get ass****ed?

I'm just going to drop ADP **** this league, are you ****ing kidding me.

JCMElway
09-29-2009, 10:39 AM
OK.....didn't think that was a big deal, but apparently it was. If anyone has an issue with going back to the til Tuesday waiver let me know.

Irish Stout
09-29-2009, 10:48 AM
Has everybody paid?

This.

I want to be sure that my check was received as it has not yet cleared my bank.

Irish Stout
09-29-2009, 10:52 AM
WHAT IS GOING ON???

WHY IS THE WAIVER WIRE NOT WORKING RIGHT?

Seriously wtf? Now I'm getting ****ed on that too, nice.

The one thing that will drive people up the wall in fantasy whether they're winning or not is rule changes mid-stream.

Even if the rules suck in one person's opinions, they shouldn't change once the season starts.

Doggcow
09-29-2009, 10:53 AM
And it was SEEEEXXXYYYYY too!

(no thanks to brady)-1 freaking TD. Thats like his 2nd all year. wtf.

Whos next!?

At least brady got you a TD... I only got one this whole ****ing week. From ****ing Cincinasty DST too, go figure.

JCMElway
09-29-2009, 11:04 AM
OK, my personal stuff now over, I am short a couple of payments. I curretnly have money from:

Bryan M (Popps)
Brian P
Steven R.
Ryan M. (Dancing Dinlgeberry, Stout)
Greg J (Is that you Arkie?)
Brian A
James S (Worm)
Myself

If you are on this list of paid folks but I don't have your Orange Mane moniker next to it, please let me know who you are. If you are not on this list please PM me immediately.

**Any checks I have will be going into a savings account on October 2**

I will be tracking guys down over the course of the next week and expect to have all $ as soon as possible.

JCM

JCMElway
09-29-2009, 01:22 PM
Ryan R just emailed me, his check is in the mail tonight. 3 more to go.

JCMElway
09-29-2009, 01:33 PM
And Sutoazul just got a hold of me and thought he had sent the money via B.O.A. He'll paypal soon.

2 more.

Doggcow
09-29-2009, 02:07 PM
Stop offering your god damned benches for Adrian Peterson. Are you ****ing kidding me people?

underrated29
09-29-2009, 03:18 PM
JMC----I paypal'd you the day before draft. $60....i saw it come out of my account... Think maybe you forgot to add me to the paid list is all.

I am not really in the running for a RB, but if anyone has a WR- i might be in the market...

You know where to find me if there is something that might be of interest.

underrated29
09-30-2009, 10:48 AM
What the heck is going on with Free Agency!?

Yesterday at like 10:00am mt i put in a claim for glenn coffee, i also put one in for pierre Garcon.

Come in today and nothing happened and both those players got picked up by the same team.

How did i get screwed out of both of them?

broncofan7
09-30-2009, 11:27 AM
What the heck is going on with Free Agency!?

Yesterday at like 10:00am mt i put in a claim for glenn coffee, i also put one in for pierre Garcon.

Come in today and nothing happened and both those players got picked up by the same team.

How did i get screwed out of both of them?

Good question--I had a claim in for Coffee too--but figured I would not get him due to the waiver priority order--did you get another player that was given a higher waiver priority than Garcon?

underrated29
09-30-2009, 11:40 AM
Good question--I had a claim in for Coffee too--but figured I would not get him due to the waiver priority order--did you get another player that was given a higher waiver priority than Garcon?

Nah man. I didnt get anything. Those were the only two claims i put in.

And I did it yesterday.

I was dropping rashard for coffee and galloway for garcon.

Nothing transpired.

I knew i might not be tops on the waiver list, but both guys coffee and garcon went to the same team and id happened today- not yesterday.

Its not a huge deal, but i wanted one or both, but its crazy to me that i didnt get either and it was yesterday and they both went to the same team.

oh-well. Lets you and i hope that coffee goes down next week or something since we didnt get him...MWAHAHAHA

Doggcow
10-01-2009, 12:23 AM
I got coffee and Garcon :)

Doggcow
10-01-2009, 12:30 AM
ADP on the board. That ****er pissed me off this week. I need a TE/QB/Wides, or replacement RB's. (No bench players will be doing **** in this deal, I dont want your trent edwards', your patrick crayton's)

Popps
10-01-2009, 12:57 AM
JCM, thanks for taking care of the business side of things. Much appreciated.

broncofan7
10-01-2009, 06:19 AM
Nah man. I didnt get anything. Those were the only two claims i put in.

And I did it yesterday.

I was dropping rashard for coffee and galloway for garcon.

Nothing transpired.

I knew i might not be tops on the waiver list, but both guys coffee and garcon went to the same team and id happened today- not yesterday.

Its not a huge deal, but i wanted one or both, but its crazy to me that i didnt get either and it was yesterday and they both went to the same team.

oh-well. Lets you and i hope that coffee goes down next week or something since we didnt get him...MWAHAHAHA

that needs an explanation........

underrated29
10-01-2009, 09:44 AM
I got coffee and Garcon :)

I hate you!!!!

:sunshine:

underrated29
10-01-2009, 09:48 AM
that needs an explanation........

It does.

I also put in a waiver claim yesterday and it is still pending.....Maybe wednesdays dont go through or thursdays.

But i am making it public now.

Please let my claim go through. No one else has a claim in and there is no way i could get skipped over 3 times!

Doggcow
10-01-2009, 09:54 AM
The waivers did scroll like theyre supposed to (as you can see everyone that had claims in got moves before mine for garcon) I'm not sure what went wrong with yours, are you sure you hit process waiver like 5 times that it asked? Was it pending at the top of your "My Team" page?

Doggcow
10-01-2009, 09:54 AM
Waivers Wednesday-Saturday should go thru instantly (at least that was how I had it set up originally..)

Doggcow
10-01-2009, 09:56 AM
Btw, I'll totally give you coffee for Johnson and Garcon for Boldin :D

underrated29
10-01-2009, 10:08 AM
So my waiver that was put in last night should have gone through correct?

ITs still at the top of the page saying pending or cancel claim. Obviously i am not going to cancel it. So why cant i get my player?

-I thought you said F*** Chris Johnson....lol

I will think about your trade and get back to you after the superbowl. :yayaya:

Doggcow
10-01-2009, 10:11 AM
So my waiver that was put in last night should have gone through correct?

ITs still at the top of the page saying pending or cancel claim. Obviously i am not going to cancel it. So why cant i get my player?

-I thought you said **** Chris Johnson....lol

I will think about your trade and get back to you after the superbowl. :yayaya:

Dont know... Everything was working fine until this week.

underrated29
10-01-2009, 10:14 AM
Waivers Wednesday-Saturday should go thru instantly (at least that was how I had it set up originally..)

This is crazy. So if i read it right. My waiver wont go through until monday..

wtf.... yesterday, today, tomorrow and sat arent good enough? I have to wait until monday.

JMC- can you look at this please. Either fix it or let me know i am a retard. (in which case i just want my player, so being a retard is fine with me)

Doggcow
10-01-2009, 11:18 AM
This is crazy. So if i read it right. My waiver wont go through until monday..

wtf.... yesterday, today, tomorrow and sat arent good enough? I have to wait until monday.

JMC- can you look at this please. Either fix it or let me know i am a retard. (in which case i just want my player, so being a retard is fine with me)

No I'm saying all players *SHOULD* be FA's and instantly acquirable weds/thurs/fri/sat, and waivers are only on Sunday (starting at 9am) until tuesday night (weds morning) when they clear. I think it said 6:44 am they cleared?

Doggcow
10-01-2009, 12:17 PM
My matchups suck this week.

Doggcow
10-02-2009, 01:04 AM
Would everyone be ok with me getting a mulligan for my Brett Favre pick up? I talked to JMC and told him that I accidentally picked up favre during the dark time (I was thinking about throwing him up on my waiver queue and he went thru but Coffee and my other guys hadn't and I didn't really want him), but all of a sudden, pow, I have the favre...

JCMElway
10-02-2009, 11:27 AM
Hey all, I have reset the waiver priority list as it did not accurately reflect what the order should be. If you pick a player up, you move to the bottom of the list. If you have made no pickups, you are at the top of the waiver list. If Yahoo does not keep this correctly in the future, I will keep making sure ours is correct.

JCMElway
10-02-2009, 11:29 AM
Would everyone be ok with me getting a mulligan for my Brett Favre pick up? I talked to JMC and told him that I accidentally picked up favre during the dark time (I was thinking about throwing him up on my waiver queue and he went thru but Coffee and my other guys hadn't and I didn't really want him), but all of a sudden, pow, I have the favre...

Um, you talked to me when about this? I have no recollection.

And I am JCM, thanks.

underrated29
10-02-2009, 01:22 PM

Fine with me. I dont care. Whooped you butt with CJ and i will take you down with or without favre...lol.

underrated29
10-02-2009, 01:23 PM

And I am JCM, thanks.

LOL-

Awesome.

Let him have it. Or dont have it. I dont think anyone cares to much anyway.

Doggcow
10-02-2009, 03:41 PM

And I am JCM, thanks.

In the message about him getting picked up when the waivers went crazy

Also, why is it that I can't pick up any guys I want but other people get to pick up guys? (I didnt even want brett favre but I was ****ing around trying to see if it would actually let me pick anyone up...)

Whatever, I think I'm gonna play him this week so it's no issue now I guess. But I did tell you and you didn't offer any solution.

JCMElway
10-02-2009, 11:09 PM
Huh. I have no recollection of that. But you clicked it, and I did tack on waiver moves. We all have to be careful with the pickups.

Doggcow
10-03-2009, 01:19 AM
Huh. I have no recollection of that. But you clicked it, and I did tack on waiver moves. We all have to be careful with the pickups.

It's in the PM's... I just copied it from there.

I dont really care anymore, I'd rather not start Romo vs. Denver anyway.

Doggcow
10-04-2009, 12:06 PM
Still boggles my mind that you dropped trent edwards vs Miami for Jason Campbell... LOL. Miami's whole secondary is injured, what were you thinking JMC?

chaz
10-04-2009, 10:09 PM
Still boggles my mind that you dropped trent edwards vs Miami for Jason Campbell... LOL. Miami's whole secondary is injured, what were you thinking JMC?

Hilarious! you showed him....hahaha

Doggcow
10-06-2009, 01:23 AM
Hilarious! you showed him....hahaha

Go figure, he started out with like -6 points, Edwards did have a ****ty day dispite everything.

Oh well, I won, crushed dudeman by .38!!!!!!!!

Doggcow
10-06-2009, 09:30 AM
So glad I didn't undo my favre pickup!

JCMElway
10-06-2009, 11:30 PM

I'm thinking I would like you to get my name right and call me JCM.

Doggcow
10-07-2009, 12:09 AM
I'm thinking I would like you to get my name right and call me JCM.

Ok jmc :)

Doggcow
10-07-2009, 04:59 PM
Please god, never offer me an injured Calvin Johnson and Willie Parker (hurt and lost his job) for Adrian Peterson again. Holy ****, thats just insulting.

Doggcow
10-08-2009, 12:31 AM
"Waiver Priority changed from 'old order' to 'new order'"

What does that mean?

Why are rules still being changed?

Irish Stout
10-14-2009, 09:45 AM

What does that mean?

I don't know. Did we ever find out what the payouts are?

JCMElway
10-14-2009, 11:56 AM

What does that mean?

**sigh**

The rules are not changing. I explained this on the website. Check there in the messages section.

JCMElway
10-14-2009, 11:57 AM
Hey all, I have reset the waiver priority list as it did not accurately reflect what the order should be. If you pick a player up, you move to the bottom of the list. If you have made no pickups, you are at the top of the waiver list. If Yahoo does not keep this correctly in the future, I will keep making sure ours is correct.

Oh, I said it on page 9 as well.

Doggcow
10-14-2009, 12:01 PM
Oh, I said it on page 9 as well.

I set it up to reset each week, that way the guys that are 5-0 cant just sit on their waiver and jack the one good guy that pops up on waivers mid way through the season.

The whole point of the Waiver LIMITS was to prevent people for picking up too many guys, now it's a double whammy...

Seriously though, this is like the 3rd time the rules have changed AFTER THE DRAFT, reguardless of what you wanted to do, everyone was fine with it BEFORE THE DRAFT.

JCMElway
10-14-2009, 12:04 PM
Amended list for payouts! I currently have money from:

Bryan M (Popps)
Brian P (Broncofan7)
Steven R. (Doggcow, Windy City Cryers))
Ryan M. (Dancing Dinlgeberry, Stout)
Greg J (Is that you Arkie?)
Brian A (Sota boy, Chaz)
James S (Worm)
Myself
Dontae drink and Drive
Ivan H (Half tame horses)

If you are on this list of paid folks but I don't have your Orange Mane moniker next to it, please let me know who you are. If you are not on this list please PM me immediately.

I will be tracking guys down over the course of the next week and expect to have all $ as soon as possible.

JCM

Doggcow
10-14-2009, 12:08 PM
Btw everyone DID go to the bottom each week as the waivers rolled, but then through... and then the priority reset each week, you made it not reset each week...

Pretty sure everyone agrees that you should have done this before the season, or brought it up when I set up the rules that NOONE COMPLAINED ABOUT.

JCMElway
10-14-2009, 12:47 PM
Look, the waivers need to be reset when someone makes a pickup. When you make a pickup, you go to the bottom of the priority list. That's not a change in the rules. I was simply resetting the list BECAUSE SOMEONE COMPLAINED THE WAIVERS WERE NOT WORKING CORRECTLY. I noted their complaint and posted it on both boards.

JCMElway
10-14-2009, 12:48 PM
Please identify yourself if you're one of the guys on this list. I have two people who have not paid the league fee yet.

I have payments from:

Steven R.
Brian A.

Thanks!

Jason

underrated29
10-14-2009, 12:52 PM
i resent mine again through paypal. But you have to accept it or whatever the hell that means. If it gets returned again i can just send a check. But its there.

Hopefully you'll get it...

let me know if not.

JCMElway
10-14-2009, 12:57 PM
Check your PMs Underrated.....

JCMElway
10-14-2009, 01:10 PM
Hey all, I just realized that I made a mistake. I had assumed that the waivers were being done on a rolling basis pre-draft. The waivers are currently set on yahoo, however, to the waiver list being set up according to the standings (last place has best waiver priority.) I was wondering why the list wasn't resetting! Duh.

So, I need everyone to put their two cents in and say how you'd like waivers to be done. I can reset the waivers every Tuesday and Thursday to reflect a rolling list (i.e. you make a pickup and go to the bottom of the priority list,) or we can go with worst record gets waiver priority. Please PM, email, or put your vote on this thread.

Just so everyone knows, I'm voting for the rolling list.

Sorry for any confusion!

JCM

underrated29
10-14-2009, 01:46 PM
my vote is

1-12. 1 being last place, 12 being first place. After 1 has picked he now moves to 13 for the day. If 12 doesnt make any selections that day then 13 gets to go again.

so that would be rolling, and my vote.

JCMElway
10-14-2009, 02:03 PM
OK, that's 2 for rolling, none for waiver list done by standings.

Doggcow
10-14-2009, 02:11 PM
OK, that's 2 for rolling, none for waiver list done by standings.

It should be done by how it was ORIGINALLY, not by what people now know will benefit them the most...

Of course people who are higher ranked are going to want the rolling version now.

This is why you can't change the damn rules mid season.

Doggcow
10-14-2009, 02:13 PM
Hey all, I just realized that I made a mistake. I had assumed that the waivers were being done on a rolling basis pre-draft. The waivers are currently set on yahoo, however, to the waiver list being set up according to the standings (last place has best waiver priority.) I was wondering why the list wasn't resetting! Duh.

So, I need everyone to put their two cents in and say how you'd like waivers to be done. I can reset the waivers every Tuesday and Thursday to reflect a rolling list (i.e. you make a pickup and go to the bottom of the priority list,) or we can go with worst record gets waiver priority. Please PM, email, or put your vote on this thread.

Just so everyone knows, I'm voting for the rolling list.

Sorry for any confusion!

JCM

It has been resetting, every week

underrated29
10-14-2009, 03:17 PM
It should be done by how it was ORIGINALLY, not by what people now know will benefit them the most...

Of course people who are higher ranked are going to want the rolling version now.

I only know the rolling version. I dont know the other version. So i voted rolling.

I dont do that many drop adds anyways so for the most part i am impartial.
I think i have done 1-2. I just made one today or yesterday for a total of three. But i dropped a backup for another backup so its not like i got any good players out of it.

What i do think is unfair is not being to make any claims whatsoever. Everyone should get a shot at FA. Obviously the best records should go last. But they should still get a chance to put in a claim before poeple below them make a second claim. However, if the teams with highest records dont take their shot then too bad they get moved back down the list.

How does the other version work out? The poeple with the lowest records get to make as many claims as they want and when they are done the people with the higher records can pick up the scraps?

JCMElway
10-14-2009, 03:29 PM
OK, I need to know who Brian A is!

JCMElway
10-14-2009, 03:35 PM

The rules were done this way from the beginning of the season, I just had not realized it. Just trying to make things as fair as I can without changing the rules midstream. And when there is a change, we put it to a vote. Best I can do.

JCMElway
10-14-2009, 03:36 PM
I only know the rolling version. I dont know the other version. So i voted rolling.

I think i have done 1-2. I just made one today or yesterday for a total of three. But i dropped a backup for another backup so its not like i got any good players out of it.

What i do think is unfair is not being to make any claims whatsoever. Everyone should get a shot at FA. Obviously the best records should go last. But they should still get a chance to put in a claim before poeple below them make a second claim. However, if the teams with highest records dont take their shot then too bad they get moved back down the list.

How does the other version work out? The poeple with the lowest records get to make as many claims as they want and when they are done the people with the higher records can pick up the scraps?

The two versions are best W-L record goes last vs. the rolling list. There's no in between.

Doggcow
10-14-2009, 03:39 PM

it only did it one time that one week, I don't know what happened on that, but other than that it had been scrolling like you just described.

JCMElway
10-14-2009, 03:47 PM
No, it hasn't been scrolling. It's been changing according to win-loss record. I'm doing the poll to see if that's what we want.

Doggcow
10-14-2009, 04:04 PM
No, it hasn't been scrolling. It's been changing according to win-loss record. I'm doing the poll to see if that's what we want.

It's supposed to change based on W-L record, so the rich dont keep getting richer because they can sit on their 5-0 team and wait for a RB to go down and snag his backup and make their teams even better.

It scrolls through on Weds morning, 12-1, then starts over 12-1 again. During the week THERE ARE NO WAIVERS, everyone is a FA. It was scrolling perfectly fine except for that one instance, which, without being able to see what he actually set up I can't tell you why his didn't go through.

JCMElway
10-14-2009, 04:06 PM
Dogg, look on the settings page. It's not scrolling. It's going according to won-loss record.

JCMElway
10-14-2009, 04:07 PM
Ha, got it figured out. Matt (Dizzy, Lazarus on OM) is our straggler.

Underated is having paypal issues and will get me paid soon.

Almost there!