PDA

View Full Version : Matt Cassel?

UberBroncoMan
08-15-2009, 05:31 PM
It seems like everyone is forgetting the other part of the triangle.

Matt Cassel and his Chiefs are playing right now against Old School Denver South.

I'm really curious to see how the triangle of Orton, Cutler, and Cassel ends up at the end of preseason.

RhymesayersDU
08-15-2009, 05:36 PM
Like most everything else on this board, those three will end up in one big circle jerk.

Popps
08-15-2009, 05:36 PM
I think it's sort of unfair to put Orton in this group. Cutler v. Cassel, maybe. But, Orton was part of a trade that brought us a lot more than just him, and I don't think anyone in their right might thought this was an "Orton is superior to Cutler" trade.

Northman
08-15-2009, 05:39 PM
So far Cassell is 2/3 for 15 yds.

DenverBrit
08-15-2009, 05:43 PM
All 3 QBs are on new teams running new schemes.

It's going to be a while before we can compare...... it's possible everyone wins.

But as we have Chicago's 1st rounder, I hope they collapse quickly and often.

Killericon
08-15-2009, 05:44 PM
So far Cassell is 2/3 for 15 yds.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/a1Y73sPHKxw&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/a1Y73sPHKxw&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

rovolution
08-15-2009, 05:45 PM
first picture of Cassell in a compete chorfs uniform

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/f8/fullj.3fcc9ada57af7e79cfc034a089043490/3fcc9ada57af7e79cfc034a089043490-getty-.jpg

Tombstone RJ
08-15-2009, 05:48 PM
Cassell is prime for a crappy season. I so hope he's the next Scott Mitchell... please, please, please....

oubronco
08-15-2009, 05:53 PM
I think it's sort of unfair to put Orton in this group. Cutler v. Cassel, maybe. But, Orton was part of a trade that brought us a lot more than just him, and I don't think anyone in their right might thought this was an "Orton is superior to Cutler" trade.

not from what I've read over the last few months

UberBroncoMan
08-15-2009, 06:09 PM
All 3 QBs are on new teams running new schemes.

It's going to be a while before we can compare...... it's possible everyone wins.

But as we have Chicago's 1st rounder, I hope they collapse quickly and often.

I think it should be noted that Orton actually has the HARDEST scheme transition of all three QB's.

Within the NFL (not counting college) Orton is going to the complex NE/Spread Offense from a West Coast Offense.

Cutler is going to a West Coast Offense FROM a West Coast Offense.

Then you have Cassel who is going to the Arizona/Spread Offense from the NE/Spread Offense.

All in all Cutler has by far the EASIEST transition followed by Cassel... Orton above and beyond the hardest.

That said, Orton also easily has the best offensive core around him.

s0phr0syne
08-15-2009, 06:11 PM
good points.

Good to be critical of Orton...better to understand the context and wait to see how things play out.

"But, but it's a discussion board...." <---yes, i know.

DenverBrit
08-15-2009, 06:15 PM
I think it should be noted that Orton actually has the HARDEST scheme transition of all three QB's.

Within the NFL (not counting college) Orton is going to the complex NE/Spread Offense from a West Coast Offense.

Cutler is going to a West Coast Offense FROM a West Coast Offense.

Then you have Cassel who is going to the Arizona/Spread Offense from the NE/Spread Offense.

All in all Cutler has by far the EASIEST transition followed by Cassel... Orton above and beyond the hardest.

That said, Orton also easily has the best offensive core around him.

I agree......and hope that Orton 'gets it' soon. :thumbsup:

broncofan7
08-15-2009, 06:32 PM

If he stinks it up in SEA--I hope that Orton 'Get's it' too ;)

Florida_Bronco
08-15-2009, 06:44 PM

He will.

Florida_Bronco
08-15-2009, 06:47 PM
You're right about that, but you also have to consider that McD traded with the Bears because he wanted Orton over the QBs the Jets, Redskins and Browns had to offer.

Who were the Jets offering up? Also wasn't it rumored that the Browns weren't willing to deal for Cutler because Bus Cook supposedly made it clear he didn't want to play for Mangini after the Favre saga?

Personally I would have taken Brady Quinn over Orton in a heartbeat.

Florida_Bronco
08-15-2009, 07:22 PM
That's just it. The Jets tried toi get in the talks but they didn't have a QB to offer.

They didn't want to offer up Kellen Clemens?