PDA

View Full Version : Cutler throws an INT

UberBroncoMan
08-15-2009, 05:19 PM
I feel just a little bit better...

Lets hope for 2 more times?

Archer81
08-15-2009, 05:23 PM
AHHHHHHHHHHHHH OMG...THE GREATEST QB TO EVAR PLAY THREW A PICK! RUN FOR THE HILLS!

:Broncos:

Willynowei
08-15-2009, 05:24 PM
Hes the second incarnation of brett Favre which means 90% of his INTs are 40 yards downfield - resulting in the terrible effect of a punt & return.

UberBroncoMan
08-15-2009, 05:27 PM
I'm going to count that dropped INT as #2 for Cutler.

titan
08-15-2009, 05:28 PM
That dropped one was as bad or worse than anything Orton threw last night - too bad the Buffalo db dropped an easy pick.

UberBroncoMan
08-15-2009, 05:30 PM
Alright everyone... that's 2 INT's (I'M COUNTING THAT DROP SINCE IT BLATANTLY HIT A DEFENDER IN THE CHEST!)

Lets see if #3 happens.

Bigdawg26
08-15-2009, 05:36 PM
Yeah well if only culter had the touch and arm strength as the pro bowler kyle orton he wouldn't have threw the pick! O wait orton didn't make it to the pro bowl culter did.

NUB
08-15-2009, 05:37 PM
An INT?

Trade Status: Justified.

Kaylore
08-15-2009, 05:38 PM
He threw into double coverage in the endzone. No score. Sound familiar? On that first int he had the running back all alone about seven yards up the field. Would have been an easy completion and probably a first down. I loved watching Hester not even try to contend for the ball too even though ESPN told me that Cutler is magically turning Hester and some guy into Marshall and Royal. The second one would have been a pick six but the defender was so shocked he threw it it hit the ground. :giggle:

Rock Chalk
08-15-2009, 05:39 PM
Yeah well if only culter had the touch and arm strength as the pro bowler kyle orton he wouldn't have threw the pick! O wait orton didn't make it to the pro bowl culter did.

You sound like all the other butt hurt excuse makers for Cutler.

TheChamp24
08-15-2009, 05:41 PM
I think Chicago fans got to see why Denver fans were a little frustrated with Cutler and his decision making.
Chucking it up deep off his back foot into great coverage with a guy open short. Firing it right into the defender's numbers on another pass. Trying to force it into triple coverage in the end zone.
Yeah, he has a cannon, but has horrible decision making right now.

Archer81
08-15-2009, 05:43 PM
They'll see plays where Cutler will have a wide open WR or TE for a medium gain but will go for the double covered deep play...it happened at least twice a game.

Williams
08-15-2009, 05:44 PM

Yeah? And what did he do in the pro bowl? Throw the ball to the defense.

UberBroncoMan
08-15-2009, 05:46 PM
If Cutler was here I'm sure we'd be in a better QB situation (you can't coach physical talent)... but since he's a Bear (and I hate Chicago sports btw) I want to see him crumble.

Bigdawg26
08-15-2009, 05:53 PM
Yeah? And what did he do in the pro bowl? Throw the ball to the defense.
O so that's why Orton was throwing the ball to the other team yesterday because he saw Culter do it in the pro bowl and wanted to be like a real franchise QB.<!-- / message -->

DarkHorse30
08-15-2009, 05:53 PM
I'll give Cutler props for finding his TE....he's always been good at that

TheDave
08-15-2009, 05:54 PM
5 of 10 for 64 yards and a pick...

K. Orton 9 of 16 for 89 yards and 3 picks...

Both looked like ****...

MagicHef
08-15-2009, 05:55 PM
Meanwhile, Trent Edwards was 10/10, 79 yds, 0 td, 0 int.

Dudeskey
08-15-2009, 05:56 PM

and a lower passer rating than Otron's so far (30.8)

guitarj
on the next series he threw one right between the numbers to a Bills defender. should have been pick #2. He was pulled after the first quarter though, so no more picks tonight

Rock Chalk

Should have been two picks but for a dip**** DB :)

RhymesayersDU
08-15-2009, 05:57 PM
An INT?

Trade Status: Justified.

LOL Yes!

/thread

Williams
08-15-2009, 05:58 PM
O so that's why Orton was throwing the ball to the other team yesterday because he saw Culter do it in the pro bowl and wanted to be like a real franchise QB.<!-- / message -->

Uhh

Look... if you want to continue swinging off Cutler as a Bronco fan, assuming you are a Bronco fan, by all means... do so. I just don't get it.

bayarealightning
08-15-2009, 05:59 PM
I think Chicago fans got to see why Denver fans were a little frustrated with Cutler and his decision making.
Chucking it up deep off his back foot into great coverage with a guy open short. Firing it right into the defender's numbers on another pass. Trying to force it into triple coverage in the end zone.
Yeah, he has a cannon, but has horrible decision making right now.
Wait a minute, Dever fans for the most part were in love with Cutler until the meltdown of '09 happended during the summer. Even here in the Bay Area I had Denver fans trying to convince me that Cutler was better than Rivers. Even after the trade and I pointed out that Cutler was great between the 20s, Spider got personal and claimed that I didn't know what I was talking about.

How times change.

Rock Chalk
08-15-2009, 05:59 PM

Waaaaah

frerottenextelway
08-15-2009, 06:01 PM
Yeah, I mentioned this before and peeps disagreed, but there is no doubt the Bears are our biggest non-division rival now. You won't see this kind of emotion over a Seattle, Cleveland, Indy, or Pats game we aren't involved in.

RhymesayersDU
08-15-2009, 06:02 PM
Wait a minute, Dever fans for the most part were in love with Cutler until the meltdown of '09 happended during the summer. Even here in the Bay Area I had Denver fans trying to convince me that Cutler was better than Rivers. Even after the trade and I pointed out that Cutler was great between the
20s, Spider got personal and claimed that I didn't know what I was talking about.

How times change.

Yeah but Spider's an idiot.

Bronco_Beerslug
08-15-2009, 06:04 PM
Both looked like ****...And earlier today you were railing on Orton and complaining about trading Cutler which had to happen since he got butthurt when Shanahan was fired. And by the way, it's only the first preseason game, right?............................................ Ha!

Rock Chalk
08-15-2009, 06:05 PM

Who can argue with this?

TheDave
08-15-2009, 06:07 PM
And earlier today you were railing on Orton and complaining about trading Cutler which had to happen since he got butthurt when Shanahan was fired. And by the way, it's only the first preseason game, right?............................................ Ha!

Ortons looked like **** for 5 seasons... big difference.

Northman
08-15-2009, 06:09 PM
You mean Jay didnt have 10 TD's by the end of the 1st quarter? Consider me shocked.

Rock Chalk
Ortons looked like **** for 5 seasons... big difference.

How has he looked like **** for 5 seasons? He doesnt have 5 full seasons worth of experience to look like ****.

ANd before his injury last year he looked pretty good.

Just saying. I think you overstated things.

Gcver2ver3
ok so hopefully this will shut some of you whiners up...

Orton sucked and so did Cutler...

Orton threw 3 picks and Cutler threw what shoulda been 3 but wind up bening just one...he came close to a redzone pick by staring down hester in the endzone...

would u all feel better if cutler was HERE throwing picks instead of Chicago?...may as well have Orton do it...at least we grabbed a couple 1st round picks for it...

TheDave
08-15-2009, 06:14 PM
How has he looked like **** for 5 seasons? He doesnt have 5 full seasons worth of experience to look like ****.

ANd before his injury last year he looked pretty good.

Just saying. I think you overstated things.

You trying to be the voice of reason here is so unnerving I have no idea how to react.

But let me give this a shot...

he has a career 52% completion rate, and was not good enough to start over Grossman until last season. IMO that's looking like ****

frerottenextelway
08-15-2009, 06:14 PM
Who can argue with this?

Spider?

GreatBronco16
08-15-2009, 06:15 PM
OMG, please tell me the chosen one did not have a pretty bad preseason game too.

I wonder if TJ, SoCal, Lex, Blue, etc were all masturbating to seeing Jay tonight. I mean, I felt a tremble in the ground tonight when Cutlers name was first announced, so I figured it had to be a massive orgasm by some here on the mane.

SureShot
08-15-2009, 06:16 PM
You trying to be the voice of reason here is so unnerving I have no idea how to react.

I was just thinking the same thing. What the hell is going on around here?

Rock Chalk

he has a career 52% completion rate, and was not good enough to start over Grossman until last season. IMO that's looking like ****

From what I could tell, he should have been starting over Grossman and Lovie made a mistake. I believe that Lovie may have been tied to Grossman much like McD is kinda tied to Orton now.

The completion rate in Chicago at 52%...kinda like Cutler's 50% completion rate tonight?

Rock Chalk
Spider?

Think about that for a moment :)

Rock Chalk
08-15-2009, 06:18 PM
OMG, please tell me the chosen one did not have a pretty bad preseason game too.

I wonder if TJ, SoCal, Lex, Blue, etc were all masturbating to seeing Jay tonight. I mean, I felt a tremble in the ground tonight when Cutlers name was first announced, so I figured it had to be a massive orgasm by some here on the mane.

To be fair, TJ has not been as critical since the Gutless Drunk thread as many of the other posters have.

I wouldnt lump Isaac in with lex, or socal or even blue for that matter.

Lex is a douche on a whole other level.

Northman
08-15-2009, 06:18 PM
From what I could tell, he should have been starting over Grossman and Lovie made a mistake. I believe that Lovie may have been tied to Grossman much like McD is kinda tied to Orton now.

The completion rate in Chicago at 52%...kinda like Cutler's 50% completion rate tonight?

Correct me if im wrong but wasnt one of the problems for Grossman was that he was a gunslinger who got careless with the ball? And yet, Chi-town went out and traded to get ANOTHER gunslinger?

Rock Chalk
08-15-2009, 06:20 PM
Correct me if im wrong but wasnt one of the problems for Grossman was that he was a gunslinger who got careless with the ball? And yet, Chi-town went out and traded to get ANOTHER gunslinger?

Eh, I dont know. Grossman had a good year most of that year but he also had really good receivers that year. Berrian was having a pro-bowl season...in CHICAGO and Muhsin Muhammad was also a great compliment.

Cutler wont have that luxury. I do know that if he gives up red zone interceptions against those brutal NFC defenses his honeymoon will soon be over as well.

TheDave
08-15-2009, 06:25 PM

exactly... Cutler looked like **** tonight and Orton has looked like **** for his career.

Bronco_Beerslug
08-15-2009, 06:26 PM
Ortons looked like **** for 5 seasons... big difference.Uh, he's only played two seasons (even though he's been in league for 4 years), why the big exaggerations?

Rock Chalk
08-15-2009, 06:28 PM
exactly... Cutler looked like **** tonight and Orton has looked like **** for his career.

ANd you missed the point.

What does the 52% completion percentage Orton owns for his career have in common with Cutler';s 50% completion percentage tonight?

They happed with Chicago's offense.

Maybe we should just let Orton play(or simms if he does get named the starter) with this offense first.

kmonty
08-15-2009, 06:30 PM
Orton actually finished with a 1.4 higher passer rating than Cutler. Funny.

DarkHorse30
08-15-2009, 06:32 PM

You could try to dress this up like a Cutler vs. Orton debate, but that ignores the picks involved in the trade.

Florida_Bronco
08-15-2009, 06:37 PM

Yeah, I think it was pretty obvious that Orton was the better player there.

Houshyamama
08-15-2009, 06:38 PM
please please please please please let the Bears go 5-11 this year

Ratboy
08-15-2009, 06:44 PM
LOL @ this thread.

You guys fail for even attempting to argue over this stuff. The majority of you are acting like 6 year olds fighting over pokemon cards.

steeledude
08-15-2009, 06:44 PM

Then we'll count that missed int. on Orton's fourth drive his fourth int.

maher_tyler
08-15-2009, 06:47 PM
Meanwhile, Trent Edwards was 10/10, 79 yds, 0 td, 0 int.

But i thought the Bears D was the reason Orton had a winning record...

:stirstir:

TheDave
08-15-2009, 06:56 PM
Uh, he's only played two seasons (even though he's been in league for 4 years), why the big exaggerations?

Not being good enough to start over Grossman is the definition of playing (and practicing) ****ty...

As for the 5 year comment I thought he was starting his 6th season.

Cosmo
08-15-2009, 06:58 PM

He's counting it as his second int because it literally hit the defender in the chest and he dropped it.

The would be 4th that you are talking about was no where near as bad.

TheDave
08-15-2009, 06:59 PM
ANd you missed the point.

What does the 52% completion percentage Orton owns for his career have in common with Cutler';s 50% completion percentage tonight?

They happed with Chicago's offense.

Maybe we should just let Orton play(or simms if he does get named the starter) with this offense first.

Fair be me... I've seen 2 practices and 1 game of his and they have all been terrible. Unfortuantely that all the evidence availbale.

NYBronco
08-15-2009, 07:00 PM

Both looked like ****...

Cutler has an excuse, he's learning a new system.

The Broncos have a new coaching staff and new system but that doesn't count. Orton Sucks!

Disclaimer: Chicken with head cut off mentality.

maher_tyler
08-15-2009, 07:00 PM
omg, please tell me the chosen one did not have a pretty bad preseason game too.

I wonder if tj, socal, lex, blue, etc were all masturbating to seeing jay tonight. I mean, i felt a tremble in the ground tonight when cutlers name was first announced, so i figured it had to be a massive orgasm by some here on the mane.

lol

Xenos
08-15-2009, 07:05 PM

Grossman was also the team's first round pick while Orton was a late rounder. More than likely, the first rounder is going to get the playing time over the late rounder. Plus Grossman played well enough in 2006 that it saved him until the halfway point in 2007.

It's like why isn't Caleb Hannie playing over Cutler in Chicago? Maybe because the FO just burned a lot of draft picks for the guy. Same deal with Orton and Grossman.

maher_tyler
08-15-2009, 07:07 PM

I must have missed that one...i don't remember any of Orton's throw that hit any defender right in the hands.

Btw...the first one he threw was a nice play by Clements...the 3rd one he just under threw it and with more arc would have gotten it there..the guy was open...the worst one was the one Bly picked i thought..he should have never thrown that ball.

On a high note he was moving the offense and we were converting on our 3rd downs!!

Rigs11
08-15-2009, 07:08 PM
Both qbs are going to struggle at first with new teams. Not sure why the freaking drama queens around here can't understand that.it's freaking preseason people.

WABronco
08-15-2009, 07:09 PM
I would laugh at this thread, but I know most of you are serious.

/wink

TheDave
08-15-2009, 07:14 PM
Grossman was also the team's first round pick while Orton was a late rounder. More than likely, the first rounder is going to get the playing time over the late rounder. Plus Grossman played well enough in 2006 that it saved him until the halfway point in 2007.

It's like why isn't Caleb Hannie playing over Cutler in Chicago? Maybe because the FO just burned a lot of draft picks for the guy. Same deal with Orton and Grossman.

There is also the outside chance that Cutler is a better player that Caleb Hannie...

Rock Chalk
08-15-2009, 07:22 PM
Both qbs are going to struggle at first with new teams. Not sure why the freaking drama queens around here can't understand that.it's freaking preseason people.

Emotionally
Invested
In
Their
Opinion

Northman
08-15-2009, 07:24 PM
There is also the outside chance that Cutler is a better player that Caleb Hannie...

Well, Hannie did go 8/11 for 87 yds and a TD. :D

ghwk
08-15-2009, 07:40 PM

No he's not. You putz.

Merlin
08-15-2009, 07:42 PM
I would laugh at this thread, but I know most of you are serious.
People creating artificial int. for one QB, while magically discounting int. by the other QB. A thread about which QB stunk worse in the first PS game of the yr. And then there is the suggestion that Cutler is only playing because the Bears invested highly to obtain him. From at least one perspective this will be a fun season.

Atlas, in the first half of last season Trent was as hot as any QB in the league, but then he got a concussion, and never looked the same (well, if we don't count the Denver game :( ).

Don Flamenco
08-15-2009, 07:54 PM
OMG, Cu**er just threw a pick?

Yes! Orton is so much better than him!

McDaniels rules!

skunk
08-15-2009, 08:00 PM
i just threw a pick

azbroncfan
08-15-2009, 08:09 PM

Kordell Stewart, Vince Young and a bunch of other bums have made the Probowl too.

TonyR
08-15-2009, 08:15 PM
The more things change...

Cutler unremarkable in Bears debut
Posted by Tom Curran on August 15, 2009 8:40 PM ET

Bears fans could snicker a little Friday night when their former quarterback with the unfortunate haircut [editor's note: and forgettable neck beard] threw three picks in his Broncos debut.

Tonight, Chicago's new quarterback with the unfortunate haircut [editor's note: and, as my kid pointed out in March, no chin] might have silenced a few snickerers.

Following along right here on NFL.com, you'll see that, in four drives, Cutler completed five of ten passes and threw an interception against a Bills unit that will remind no one of the 1985 version of the defense that Cutler's current team fielded.

Chicago went three-and-out on its first drive, with Cutler throwing incomplete on third down and two. On the Bears' second possession, Buffalo corner Leodis McKelvin snared a deep Cutler pass intended for Devin Hester.

Cutler nearly threw another interception on a third-down incompletion that ended the Bears' next drive.

After Bills' return man Dominic Rhodes muffed the ensuing punt, the Bears were back in business, at the Buffalo 43. This led to Cutler's lone highlight, a 30-yard completion to tight end Desmond Clark. But the effort fizzled short of paydirt, and the Bears had to settle for a field goal.

While the T.O. subplot for this game has been removed thanks to Owens' sprained big toe, the Bills have gotten some buzz out of their offense. Starting quarterback Trent Edwards completed all ten of his throws for 79 yards.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/08/15/cutler-unremarkable-in-bears-debut/

watermock
08-15-2009, 08:23 PM
Who cares?

Da Bears handed off 3 picks to us, plus Orton.

Cutler is 26 who cares? Chicago will pick up a WR nxt year in FA. Only those bitter.

Que
08-15-2009, 08:25 PM
Kordell Stewart, Vince Young and a bunch of other bums have made the Probowl too.

Greise made the Pro Bowl as well.

Northman
08-15-2009, 08:26 PM
Who cares?

Cutler is 26 who cares? Chicago will pick up a WR nxt year in FA. Only those bitter.

Evidently you care enough to post in this thread.

HEAV
08-15-2009, 08:28 PM
So did Cutler make Marshall & Royal or was it the other way around?

Orange_Beard
08-15-2009, 08:32 PM
This does not make feel any better about Orton. Not one bit.

KevinJames
08-15-2009, 08:36 PM
you don't think Cutler would have thrown 3 INTs yesterday if he was our QB learning McDaniels offense cause I wouldn't bet against it.

Cutler's accuracy is overrated.

azbroncfan
08-15-2009, 08:37 PM
Who cares?

You know what in 5 years this trade could turn into a bunch of nothing. Cutler could become an average player and Denver could draft a bunch of busts/nonimpact players.

cutthemdown
08-15-2009, 08:39 PM
Cutler still locks onto one wr and then tries to throw ball by defenders. Got one picked, one could have been. Hasn't seemed to grasp the concept of looking people off. Also somtimes his play fakes are less then authentic. He needs to watch drew brees etc and do better at that.

footstepsfrom#27
08-15-2009, 08:40 PM
I bet the Bear fans are sitting over there watching every move Kyle Orton makes on the field in order to justify to themselves giving this guy up.

OK maybe not.

R8R H8R
08-15-2009, 08:42 PM
Emotionally
Invested
In
Their
Opinion

So true...so true

GreatBronco16
08-15-2009, 08:43 PM

Hmm, I don't know. Royal looked pretty damn good last night without the Chosen One.

UberBroncoMan
08-15-2009, 08:46 PM
Greise made the Pro Bowl as well.

Ironically...

Elway made the Pro Bowl

Greise made the Pro Bowl

Plummer made the Pro Bowl

Cutler made the Pro Bowl

For all our QB ****, each "next" big thing since Elway has been able to make a Pro Bowl.

Should also be noted that while Cutler ate up Elway's season yardage record last year, he didn't beat the record for most TD's thrown by a Broncos QB (set by not Elway, but Plummer).

Point is Shanahan was able to turn every QB he coached for an extended period into a Pro Bowler.

That said... I think it's still visibly evident that Cutler's physical talent with us was far beyond Greise or Plummer.

watermock
08-15-2009, 08:51 PM
I bet the Bear fans are sitting over there watching every move Kyle Orton makes on the field in order to justify to themselves giving this guy up.

OK maybe not.

Or glad we traded the '10 pick so they aren't embarassed.

Oh, I forgot, Cutler is going to hold out.

UberBroncoMan
08-15-2009, 08:52 PM

Devils Advocate: Who made Greise, and Plummer get to the Pro Bowl?

watermock
08-15-2009, 08:53 PM
Emotionally
Invested
In
Their
Opinion

No
You
Are

GreatBronco16
08-15-2009, 08:54 PM
That said... I think it's still visibly evident that Cutler's physical talent with us was far beyond Greise or Plummer.

Cutler to this day has not had a better season than Brian Griese had with Denver when he posted his 19TDs to 4INTs with a 104 passer rating.

All that physical talent that Cutler has, has got him nothing so far.

And no this is not me saying that Griese is better than Cutler.

steeledude
08-15-2009, 08:55 PM
He's counting it as his second int because it literally hit the defender in the chest and he dropped it.

The would be 4th that you are talking about was no where near as bad.

It's the same because neither happened. It's different because you guys want to warp reality.

Northman
08-15-2009, 08:57 PM

If i remember correctly Plummer got in because somebody got hurt. And there were many critics who thought Rivers should have gotten the nod over Cutler last year.

steeledude
08-15-2009, 09:00 PM
I must have missed that one...i don't remember any of Orton's throw that hit any defender right in the hands.

Btw...the first one he threw was a nice play by Clements...the 3rd one he just under threw it and with more arc would have gotten it there..the guy was open...the worst one was the one Bly picked i thought..he should have never thrown that ball.

On a high note he was moving the offense and we were converting on our 3rd downs!!

I guess I thought an int was an int. I didn't know they were open to interpretation like a piece of dramatic lit. It's kind of like how the Old Man and the Sea has sales to validate it being one of Hemingway's best, but really, the much underrated (sales wise) the Sun Also Rises had more sales because there were less people buying books at that time.

So there are varying degrees of interceptions. Is there an agreed upon norm as to how we can judge interceptions? One that hits a guy in the hands or in the chest (I've heard Cutler's did both, but separately apparently) is, in fact, an interception? Whereas one that bounces off the defender's arm is not? So does this interpretive dance go for passes caught as well? Like Brandon Marshall having 18 dropped passes--some of those must have actually been catches because they hit him in the chest or in the hands. What about touchdowns then? I mean if a pass hit Brandon in the chest when he was in the endzone would that count for six? Or is there a reduced point system in this case?

TheDave
08-15-2009, 09:06 PM
I guess I thought an int was an int. I didn't know they were open to interpretation like a piece of dramatic lit. It's kind of like how the Old Man and the Sea has sales to validate it being one of Hemingway's best, but really, the much underrated (sales wise) the Sun Also Rises had more sales because there were less people buying books at that time.

So there are varying degrees of interceptions. Is there an agreed upon norm as to how we can judge interceptions? One that hits a guy in the hands or in the chest (I've heard Cutler's did both, but separately apparently) is, in fact, an interception? Whereas one that bounces off the defender's arm is not? So does this interpretive dance go for passes caught as well? Like Brandon Marshall having 18 dropped passes--some of those must have actually been catches because they hit him in the chest or in the hands. What about touchdowns then? I mean if a pass hit Brandon in the chest when he was in the endzone would that count for six? Or is there a reduced point system in this case?

I like this guy :thumbs:

Don Flamenco
08-15-2009, 09:07 PM
Royal is pretty good.

UberBroncoMan
08-15-2009, 09:13 PM
If i remember correctly Plummer got in because somebody got hurt. And there were many critics who thought Rivers should have gotten the nod over Cutler last year.

Plummer more than deserved the nod though.

18 TD's 7 INT's 60.7% completion 3,366 yards, 90.2 QB rating, only 2 lost fumbles, got sacked 22 times due to a rebuilding line (11 more than Cutler last year), and had a 13-3 season record as the starting QB.

Pro Bowl worthy easily.

As for Rivers... he should have had the nod over Brett Favre and then over Collins.

Hamrob
08-15-2009, 09:22 PM
we'll have to see how they look come week 3. That will give us a better idea of how they're going to go into the season.

Kaylore
08-15-2009, 09:35 PM
I like this guy :thumbs:

Oh so if the defenders dropped Ortons three picks suddenly he had a good game? Give me a break!

HEAV
08-15-2009, 09:47 PM
"It's too early to start to panic. It's preseason," Cutler said. "I feel fine about it."

Cutler also noted that the Bears rested starting running back Matt Forte and starting tight end Greg Olsen.

"We're just calling base stuff and seeing what happens out there right now," Cutler said at the half. "As soon as we start getting into the game plan, really nailing stuff down, that's when it's really going to count."

misturanderson
08-15-2009, 09:48 PM
Ironically...

Elway made the Pro Bowl

Greise made the Pro Bowl

Plummer made the Pro Bowl

Cutler made the Pro Bowl

For all our QB ****, each "next" big thing since Elway has been able to make a Pro Bowl.

Should also be noted that while Cutler ate up Elway's season yardage record last year, he didn't beat the record for most TD's thrown by a Broncos QB (set by not Elway, but Plummer).

Point is Shanahan was able to turn every QB he coached for an extended period into a Pro Bowler.

Cutler may have barely deserved to be in the probowl in a weak AFC class. Here are the QBs that definitely played better than Cutler last year: Rivers, Pennington, Brees, Warner, P. Manning, Rodgers, Romo, McNabb.

And here are a few that are debateable: E. Manning, Cassel, Shaub, Garcia.

Most of these guys had over 3,000 yards and almost all of them had a significantly better TD/Int ratio than Cutler.

But hey, I contributed to his inclusion by voting for him multiple times. Too bad it didn't work for the FAR more deserving Clady.

uplink
08-15-2009, 09:49 PM

'Old Man and the Sea' > 'The Sun Also Rises' IMO, but both overrated

Finger Roll
08-15-2009, 09:50 PM
Oh so if the defenders dropped Ortons three picks suddenly he had a good game? Give me a break!

I agree it's rediculous. It's always a good sign when your quarterback is throwing easy interceptions that the other team drops.

rovolution
08-15-2009, 09:55 PM

With Griese, Mike Anderson was Rookie of the Year that season and Rod Smith and Eddy Mac were only the second WR duo in league history to both catch 100 passes in the same season

Rod and Eddy were tearing up the league that year (i believe it was 2000)

TheDave
08-15-2009, 09:58 PM

You may want to re-read what he wrote 'cause you clearly missed the point.

IMO both QB's played like ****, but the reality is Orton threw 3 picks while cutler threw 1. .. and yes turning the ball over 3 times is worse than 1.

maher_tyler
08-15-2009, 09:59 PM
you don't think Cutler would have thrown 3 INTs yesterday if he was our QB learning McDaniels offense cause I wouldn't bet against it.

Cutler's accuracy is overrated.

Not on Madden 10 !Booya!

Northman
08-15-2009, 10:02 PM
Not on Madden 10 !Booya!

On my Madden 10 Denver is better than Chi-town. :welcome:

maher_tyler
08-15-2009, 10:10 PM

Not trying to make excuses, just giving the benifit of the doubt that with more practice the INT that he clearly underthrew can be fixed. I think on the first one had he thrown the ball a bit behind Graham that it would have been a TD and not a INT.

UberBroncoMan
08-15-2009, 10:15 PM
I never imagined this thread would become so high traffic lol.

UberBroncoMan
08-15-2009, 10:34 PM
With Griese, Mike Anderson was Rookie of the Year that season and Rod Smith and Eddy Mac were only the second WR duo in league history to both catch 100 passes in the same season

Rod and Eddy were tearing up the league that year (i believe it was 2000)

That's an interesting stat... crazy to know then that Eddie Royal was a few catches from 100 which with Marshall would have been the 2nd time that we did that. Royal might have had it too had he not been injured mid season (missed an entire game and lost some playing time).

rovolution
08-15-2009, 10:44 PM
That's an interesting stat... crazy to know then that Eddie Royal was a few catches from 100 which with Marshall would have been the 2nd time that we did that. Royal might have had it too had he not been injured mid season (missed an entire game and lost some playing time).

yea. if Eddie and B-Marsh both caught 100, it only would have been the 4th time in league history that it has happened. (Boldin and Fitz accomplished the feat after Rod and Eddy in 2000). Herman Moore and Brett Perriman of the Lions were the first tandem to each catch 100 passes back in the 90's.

Bronco Yoda
08-15-2009, 11:03 PM
Let's all get real here. Both QB's equally stunk it up in week 1.

What does it all mean? who knows... it's preseason.

All I know is I'm so ****ing stocked that it's pigskin time again. Good...bad... or otherwise.... I gotta get my Bronco fix!!!!!

Mogulseeker
08-15-2009, 11:16 PM
He threw into double coverage in the endzone. No score. Sound familiar? On that first int he had the running back all alone about seven yards up the field. Would have been an easy completion and probably a first down. I loved watching Hester not even try to contend for the ball too even though ESPN told me that Cutler is magically turning Hester and some guy into Marshall and Royal. The second one would have been a pick six but the defender was so shocked he threw it it hit the ground. :giggle:

Are you guys as frustrated as I was with Cutler ALWAYS throwing into coverage like that?

With the receivers in Chi-town, I think it happens more.

Hulamau
08-16-2009, 12:19 AM
If Cutler was here I'm sure we'd be in a better QB situation (you can't coach physical talent)... but since he's a Bear (and I hate Chicago sports btw) I want to see him crumble.

Cutler finished with 50% completion and an INT.. Getting a lot more pressure it seems as well.

listopencil
08-16-2009, 01:09 AM
Jesus.

Look- I'm glad Cutler played poorly. I don't like the guy. I think he acted like a little bitch to force a trade. He can choke and die on a dirty pitchfork for all I give a ****.

But Orton looked like a lame ass on those three picks. Made a bad read in the End Zone, made a bad throw in space, had some kind of horrific brain fart and threw it to a CB. He was doing a good job before the first pick, maybe he just got rattled. I hope so because he's our QB now. We need him to play well. We'll have to wait and see how he pans out.

Everything else is bull****.

Rock Chalk
08-16-2009, 01:21 AM
No
You
Are

Of course I am emotionally invested in my opinion. Everyone is.

People dont like to be wrong.

Fortunately for me, Im not emotionally attached to either Orton or Simms. I dont care who starts, just so long as whoever does plays well.

I also dont give a **** about Cryin Cutler. He isnt a Bronco anymore.

Blueflame
08-16-2009, 02:14 AM

::) I saw no reason whatsoever to watch a preaseason Bears game (I'm not a Bears fan and never have been one, although I did respect Walter Payton). Furthermore, it was my daughter's birthday and we had real-life things to do instead of sitting on the couch watching tv.

Blueflame
08-16-2009, 02:19 AM

Rivers had his chance after Favre bowed out due to injury... and Rivers also bowed out due to injury. Which is the only reason Kerry Collins played in the Pro Bowl...

easymobee
08-16-2009, 02:22 AM
I curse Jay Cutler and all of his tendons/ligaments.

I'd actually love to see a dose of the Steve Sax disease come his way .... it would be wonderful.

Don't worry about Jay though, i perused a few Bears boards and apparently since they were missing Forte, Pace, and someone else (One of the WR's) he was given a complete and total pass. As it should be, since its only preseason. On that note, does anyone remember how great he looked as a rook in his 1st preseason game here?

Bronco Yoda
08-16-2009, 02:28 AM
::) I saw no reason whatsoever to watch a preaseason Bears game (I'm not a Bears fan and never have been one, although I did respect Walter Payton). Furthermore, it was my daughter's birthday and we had real-life things to do instead of sitting on the couch watching tv.

What you gotta do is Tivo. I fast forwarded through everything but Cutlers plays which took about 10 min. tops. Didn't even bother to watch after he was yanked. grinned....erase!

btw, Happy Birthday to Little Flame

Blueflame
08-16-2009, 02:51 AM
What you gotta do is Tivo. I fast forwarded through everything but Cutlers plays which took about 10 min. tops. Didn't even bother to watch after he was yanked. grinned....erase!

We probably would have recorded the game if it had been the Broncos... but preseason isn't all that important to me for any other teams. Yeah, I'll watch a (non-Bronco) preseason game when there's no real-life activities I'd rather be doing, but it seems there's always a lot going on... friends' parties and the county fair and other social interactions... from mid-August to early September.

Thanks for the birthday wish for my daughter... :D She's singing at the county fair tomorrow.

easymobee
08-16-2009, 03:04 AM

Winner!

Same with the chiefs game, about 10 or 15 mins total viewing time (just long enough to hope Cassel would really suck).

ZONA
08-16-2009, 04:37 AM

Cutler did lead the league in that stat (dropped INT's) last year, for what it's worth.

MOCRUSH
08-16-2009, 06:05 AM
Cutler did lead the league in that stat (dropped INT's) last year, for what it's worth.
Orten throws a much more catchable ball....

DenverBrit
08-16-2009, 09:03 AM
Orten throws a much more catchable ball....

Bly? Is that you? ;D

lex
08-16-2009, 09:19 AM
I saw some of it. From what I saw, Jay made more good throws than Orton and not as many bad throws. That completion to Desmond Clark was nice.

I like how the scorned women only focus on Jay's bad throws but they have come to completely ignore the great throws that he and a couple of other QBs in the league can make.

But even if you want to frame it as the scorned women do and focus only on the bad throws, Orton still had more bad throws. And until Orton scales back on the INTs it would make more sense for the scorned women to avoid making comparisons. Because when you compare the bad throws, you open yourself up to people mentioning the throws Jay can make but Orton cant. Its lose-lose, while Orton is throwing INTs. In Chicago, his INT % wasnt that much better than Jay's and thats with having played with a better RB and while making throws with a lower degree of difficulty. As I mentioned to Drek, Orton has made his share of WTF passes. A lot of people seem to think otherwise.

Spider
08-16-2009, 09:35 AM
I saw some of it. From what I saw, Jay made more good throws than Orton and not as many bad throws. That completion to Desmond Clark was nice.

I like how the scorned women only focus on Jay's bad throws but they have come to completely ignore the great throws that he and a couple of other QBs in the league can make.

But even if you want to frame it as the scorned women do and focus only on the bad throws, Orton still had more bad throws. And until Orton scales back on the INTs it would make more sense for the scorned women to avoid making comparisons. Because when you compare the bad throws, you open yourself up to people mentioning the throws Jay can make but Orton cant. Its lose-lose, while Orton is throwing INTs. In Chicago, his INT % wasnt that much better than Jay's and thats with having played with a better RB and while making throws with a lower degree of difficulty. As I mentioned to Drek, Orton has made his share of WTF passes. A lot of people seee one of them to think otherwise.

this has to be one of the biggest man crushes I have seen from a bronco fan on a Qb other then Elway ........

misturanderson
08-16-2009, 10:18 AM

But even if you want to frame it as the scorned women do and focus only on the bad throws, Orton still had more bad throws. And until Orton scales back on the INTs it would make more sense for the scorned women to avoid making comparisons. Because when you compare the bad throws, you open yourself up to people mentioning the throws Jay can make but Orton cant. Its lose-lose, while Orton is throwing INTs. In Chicago, his INT % wasnt that much better than Jay's and thats with having played with a better RB and while making throws with a lower degree of difficulty. As I mentioned to Drek, Orton has made his share of WTF passes. A lot of people seem to think otherwise.

How is 2 obvioulsy bad throws in 10 so much better than 3 in 18?

Orton threw some great passes as well. He was hitting the out routes perfectly and with good velocity on that first drive. He also had one play where he looked downfield, saw that the receiver was covered, pump faked and dumped it off to Lamont Jordan wide open in the flat for a first down instead of throwing into double coverage. It may not look impressive to bears fans, but it sure did to me after the last 2 1/2 years.

DenverBrit
08-16-2009, 10:20 AM

Down, boy, down.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/203/440277121_63b9d213c5.jpg?v=0

cutthemdown
08-16-2009, 10:28 AM

I love the breakdowns. Actually Desmond Clark was uncovered that was an easy throw. Cutler still the same, he locks onto a wr and then throws the ball. He will have quite a few interceptions every yr he plays. He's just not good at seeing in his head where the wr will be, or his is so arrogant he feels he doesn't need to look defenders off.

When he does look a defender off then come back late to another wr he often is not accurate.

So yes Orton looked bad on some throws and threw a slew of picks. Cutler threw a pick and had another really bad throw dropped by a defender.

Cutler a great talent who seems to feel he is as good as any qb in the nfl right now. That leads me to believe he's probably not going to change his play much. Especially not for the coaches in Chicago.

But we got Orton, Ayers, Smith for Cutler so he needs to play better and fast IMO. He stinks it up in first game and the Chicago media will start to ask whats up, a few more and the fans will also.

Cutler certainly has a lot to work on just like Orton does. Basically he is Orton who just throws the ball harder and runs a little better.

colonelbeef
08-16-2009, 06:22 PM

haha.

Welcome to the OM, where rationalizing failure has become a full time occupation for many

Baba Booey
08-16-2009, 06:25 PM
Great thread...will read again!!! A++++++

Merlin
08-17-2009, 10:15 AM
You may want to re-read what he wrote 'cause you clearly missed the point.
No, that would require him to actually try and understand what another poster wrote, instead of him being able to stand godlike, and give us peons the privilege of listening to his insights.

Sorry, Khan, but sometimes you can be rather presumptuous and arrogant, despite the fact that you may be wrong...which you clearly are this time :P

azbroncfan
08-17-2009, 10:27 AM
haha.

Welcome to the OM, where rationalizing failure has become a full time occupation for many

Understatement of the year. It is sickening the excuses and theories that a bunch of people use on this board. Just makes me think is this how they are in their own life?

TheElusiveKyleOrton
08-17-2009, 10:30 AM

Slurp slurp slurp

gargle

slurp slurp slurp

oubronco
08-18-2009, 02:51 PM
Haha

Meck77
08-18-2009, 10:36 PM
So who has a Jay Cutler tattoo?

Archer81
08-18-2009, 10:43 PM
Far be it from me to stir the pot...but Cutler is 13-1 when his defense allows 21 points or fewer...Chicago allowed 21.9 PPG last season...

Carry on.