PDA

View Full Version : Question for the Downer Brigade

Rock Chalk
08-15-2009, 04:18 PM
If you dont know if this is directed at you or not, it probably isnt. If you are sure you are in the group, just answer this question. Its pretty simple.

What, if anything, did you actually LIKE about the first pre-season game?

TheDave
08-15-2009, 04:21 PM
Not sure if this is me or not... but that never stops me from giving an opinion ;D

Defense: I think we are on the right track especially with the switch to the 3-4. Not sure if it will pay dividends this year but it will in the future.

Special Teams: Already a significant improvement.

Offense: nearly everything but the QB looks good. I do have some concerns about our Olines straight ahead run blocking, but the rest of the Olines performace was solid.

Pontius Pirate
08-15-2009, 04:37 PM
Preseason = serious business

RhymesayersDU
08-15-2009, 04:41 PM
If you dont know if this is directed at you or not, it probably isnt. If you are sure you are in the group, just answer this question. Its pretty simple.

Again I'm not sure if I'm in this, but...

QB pressure, Doooooom getting a sack.

Moreno in limited action.

The first offensive drive, pre-int. If that can be harnessed, if Orton can sustain that level of play, watch out. And hey, it might just take more time and practice. If that glimmer can be turned into something consistent, watch out.

BroncsRule
08-15-2009, 04:43 PM
I liked the sacks by the 1st team D.

I liked the way Simms looked.

The return game has some promise.

That's about it.

atomicbloke
08-15-2009, 05:05 PM

I liked the fact that the football season is back. And the Broncos are on the field.

I love the Broncos, even when they are absolute crap. So yeah, that's what I liked about the first pre-season game. I got a chance to see my favorite team in action. But they are a crappy team with an idiot coach, a scrub QB and a clueless owner.

SureShot
08-15-2009, 05:09 PM
The wine was good and Broncos football was on, after that its all gravy.

frerottenextelway
08-15-2009, 05:09 PM
Hmmm....

I thought the chat room was pretty funny when I was in there. I liked that.

SureShot
08-15-2009, 05:11 PM
Hmmm....

I thought the chat room was pretty funny when I was in there. I liked that.

I was amused as well.

SouthStndJunkie
08-15-2009, 05:25 PM
Outside of Kyle Orton, it was a pretty decent effort.

Few penalties and the team seems to play with discipline.

However, the NFL is a QB driven league, and Kyle Orton is going to suck as our starting QB.

The boos will rain down on him at Invesco and doubt will creep into his head and he will be an INT machine.

Archer81
08-15-2009, 05:32 PM
I was really impressed with pass protection, run blocking could have been a bit better. Watching our defensive line actually crush the pocket a bit was a nice change. I forgot what it was like to watch a defense actually get a couple of stops.

:Broncos:

Archer81
08-15-2009, 05:34 PM
Outside of Kyle Orton, it was a pretty decent effort.

Few penalties and the team seems to play with discipline.

However, the NFL is a QB driven league, and Kyle Orton is going to suck as our starting QB.

The boos will rain down on him at Invesco and doubt will creep into his head and he will be an INT machine.

As said by several, Orton is average. However, I think Cassel is average, too and he did quite well under McD. It will be interesting to see how much McDaniels learns that simply because he wants to port over the entire NE playbook, Denver does not currently have the right QB to pull it off, and scaling back might actually help the talent on hand.

:Broncos:

Rock Chalk
08-15-2009, 05:36 PM
I liked the fact that the football season is back. And the Broncos are on the field.

I love the Broncos, even when they are absolute crap. So yeah, that's what I liked about the first pre-season game. I got a chance to see my favorite team in action. But they are a crappy team with an idiot coach, a scrub QB and a clueless owner.

well, our coach isnt the only idiot because you apparently cant keep your negativity out of a thread asking SPECIFICALLY what you DID like.

douche.

UberBroncoMan
08-15-2009, 05:37 PM

SPECIAL TEAMS!!! - We've been so ****ing bad there for so long. I wasn't expecting a lot due to us getting the KC Special Teams coach (KC's ST's sucked last year).

However we made a lot of personnel moves that I thought would help our ST's.

I liked a lot of what I saw on Defense too... I still need to see more though, and against a better offensive team and with Marshall in the mix.

Chris Baker too... man did that guy do well against the 2nd/3rd team. I want to see him against Seattle's 1st team next week.

Had Orton just not sucked BALLS and had so many weak ****ty throws I think the mood on the board would be quite upbeat right now.

Remember, Denver is a QB town. So seeing ****ty QB play really gets the blood boiling.

Rock Chalk
08-15-2009, 05:38 PM
You ****ing morons cant help yourselves can you?

I didnt ask you waht you didnt like. I dont care I can read one of the 1500 other threads here and gather than information so why inject it here?

UberBroncoMan
08-15-2009, 05:40 PM
Oh and I forgot to add...

I am concerned about the running game (I'd like to see a lot more zone-blocking that Denver is known for... why change what works?).

Hillis had me pumped and Moreno before he was injured was looking great.

But man... LaMont Jordan really did look like a Fat Ewok.

Overall, there was a lot of good things to take back. Lets hope we can fix most of the bad by week 1.

Tombstone RJ
08-15-2009, 05:44 PM

I didnt ask you waht you didnt like. I dont care I can read one of the 1500 other threads here and gather than information so why inject it here?

I approve this post.

TheDave
08-15-2009, 05:47 PM

I don't like your thread anymore...

http://i3.glitter-graphics.org/pub/708/708353ktyzp004l8.gif

Popps
08-15-2009, 06:00 PM
Alec, last night was like a Superbowl win for some of the "fans" around here. Let them enjoy our poor performance in peace.

Rock Chalk
08-15-2009, 06:07 PM
Alec, last night was like a Superbowl win for some of the "fans" around here. Let them enjoy our poor performance in peace.

I think you are being melodramatic Popps.

Even the people who are still mad at McD and still sobbing over Cutler being gone I dont think want to see the team do poorly...at least I have to believe they dont.

Popps
08-15-2009, 06:26 PM

Even the people who are still mad at McD and still sobbing over Cutler being gone I dont think want to see the team do poorly...at least I have to believe they dont.

I'm half-****ing around, of course.

Half.

That said, they're going to take every opportunity to rip the team whether we play well or not. So, it's sort of a moot point whether they're hoping we perform poorly, or just seemingly explode with elation when we do.

I remain optimistic about this team, so I don't fit the profile of respondent you're looking for. But, I'm doing a 2nd watching of the game now, and will mix in some thoughts on other threads later. Saw some good, bad and ugly, as usual in pre-season.

watermock
08-15-2009, 06:27 PM
well, our coach isnt the only idiot because you apparently cant keep your negativity out of a thread asking SPECIFICALLY what you DID like.

douche.

Tell us. What SHOULD we like?

If your only to ask others, don't be a biatch if you don't like what you hear.

You'll be happy Cutler got picked off, how's that?

Rock Chalk
08-15-2009, 06:30 PM

MOck, you senile old bastard. I asked what they did like. Not what they should like. Not what they didnt like. What they did like if anything. If there was nothing, no response was merited.

I dont give a **** if Cutler was picked off. He isnt a Bronco.

Tombstone RJ
08-15-2009, 06:31 PM

That sucks mock, but then again, so do 99% of your posts. Pretty much par for you.

Northman
08-15-2009, 06:35 PM

He's not that far off. It was 2 years ago that a few on here wanted Denver to lose so they could get a better draft position. Ha!

DenverBrit
08-15-2009, 06:54 PM
Oh, and only 3 penalties!! :thumbs:

TheReverend
08-15-2009, 07:09 PM

I liked every aspect of the OL. I liked what we saw of Knowshon. I liked our return units.

I would also include Eddie, but it's way too easy to chew up a base cover 3 with comebacks and outs, so I'll refrain on that until we face something a little tighter.

oubronco
08-15-2009, 07:12 PM
I liked alot about last night but it damn sure wasn't Orton

TheReverend
08-15-2009, 07:13 PM
I'm half-****ing around, of course.

Half.

That said, they're going to take every opportunity to rip the team whether we play well or not. So, it's sort of a moot point whether they're hoping we perform poorly, or just seemingly explode with elation when we do.

I remain optimistic about this team, so I don't fit the profile of respondent you're looking for. But, I'm doing a 2nd watching of the game now, and will mix in some thoughts on other threads later. Saw some good, bad and ugly, as usual in pre-season.

Denver's gonna have to play well to find out though

Rock Chalk
08-15-2009, 07:13 PM
He's not that far off. It was 2 years ago that a few on here wanted Denver to lose so they could get a better draft position. Ha!

At the end of the year wanting the team to lose for draft position when we are out of the playoff picture is....tolerable even if to me, it is unacceptable.

But I dont recall anyone ever wanting the team to suck before game 1 has even started.

Rock Chalk
08-15-2009, 07:15 PM
I liked alot about last night but it damn sure wasn't Orton

Well no ****.

What did you like dip****? Can you answer that? You said a lot, how about some examples chief? or did you just feel like mentioning you didnt like Orton.

TheReverend
08-15-2009, 07:15 PM
At the end of the year wanting the team to lose for draft position when we are out of the playoff picture is....tolerable even if to me, it is unacceptable.

But I dont recall anyone ever wanting the team to suck before game 1 has even started especially when ZERO compensation is involved (no draft pick)

added to

Tombstone RJ
08-15-2009, 08:01 PM
added to

gee thanks mr. wizard...

lex
08-15-2009, 08:18 PM

douche.

And he told you that he was glad to see football back.

Rock Chalk
08-15-2009, 08:58 PM
I gave up my sunday ticket and direct tv when Cutler was traded, so I didn't see the game. Although I am impressed that Denver only lost by one point and the first teamers were only outscored 9-0.

Hardcore bronco fan right here folks.

footstepsfrom#27
08-15-2009, 09:16 PM
It's harder to comment much since I only listened to the audio on the web through KOA but a few things stood out I think.

1) Chris Baker- A sack from a nose tackle is a rare occurence. Announcers say he just pushed their center straight into the QB. This could be HUGE if he's the real deal this early, even if he make some rookie mistakes. This position is the whole key to the 3-4 defense.

2) Overall pass rush producing sacks for a change instead of just some pressure.

3) Spencer seemed to have a good game (haven't looked at his stats thought) and I'd like to see him take Davis's job.

4) McKinley is going to make this team. I had him as my sleeper pick to be something out of this draft.

5) Alphonso Smith in the return game.

6) The Okie State kid had a sack.

7) Peyton Hillis is back!

8) Definite improvement on special teams.

9) Early drive looked good before the pick.

10) Moreno's injury looks like it's not that bad.

11) No Bob Slowick!!! ;D

eddie mac
08-15-2009, 09:34 PM
1. Gametime interaction with my fellow Bronco fans.

2. Seeing Moreno playing for the 1st time in a Broncos uniform

3. Alphonso Smith, that kid is gonna make plays.

4. Darcel McBath, couple of excellent tackles

5. Spencer Larsen still hitting like a train.

6. Simms can throw a football.

7. Both NT's got some push, especially Fields who was all over the place (in a good way).

8. Moving the football, cut out the basic errors and we'll move the ball against anyone up and down the field.

9. Loved watching Hillis move the chains

10. Royal gelling well with Orton

11. Special teams

12. The Putz catching a TD pass.

13. Offensive Line steady as ever despite the scheme changes.

watermock
08-15-2009, 09:34 PM
MOck, you senile old bastard. I asked what they did like. Not what they should like. Not what they didnt like. What they did like if anything. If there was nothing, no response was merited.

Wow. Your an idiot.

Can you possibly qualify a question more?

Natedog24
08-15-2009, 09:35 PM
Defensive play calling was the biggest positive to me. Only a series or two into the first preseason game of the year and it was already painfully obvious how much better off we are without Slowick.

Other then that, Eddie Royal and Petyon Hillis are still studs. And our offensive line looks to be as dominant if not more so then last year.

watermock
08-15-2009, 09:39 PM
Want to know what I liked? Fine.

Not much.

Baker looked good agaisnt second teamers. Doom looded good against the outside protection.

Bly looked good.

Orton looked like a weak armed wimp.

Alphonso got run over.

Steve Sewell
08-15-2009, 09:40 PM
Preseason = serious business

This.

I thought Orton moved the team well. Several of the picks were actually excellent plays made by the defensive player. Also, first preseason game is the first preseason game. I think once Orton gets comfortable, we have the weapons for the O to move the ball pretty well.

I also really liked the look of our defense. The DL looks light years ahead of last year, and our secondary looked really good. I think Elvis is the perfect 3-4 OL. If it weren't for our brutal schedule this year, I think we'd be looking at 9-10 wins.

Dagmar
08-16-2009, 03:17 PM
Wow. Your an idiot.

Can you possibly qualify a question more?

Want to know what I liked? Fine.

Not much.

Baker looked good agaisnt second teamers. Doom looded good against the outside protection.

Bly looked good.

Orton looked like a weak armed wimp.

Alphonso got run over.

It's YOU'RE not YOUR.
You liked that Bly, a 49er played well?
You like that Orton looked "like a weak armed wimp"?
You liked that "Alphonso got run over"?

Are you ****ing retarded? Oh no, wait... http://tcor.files.wordpress.com/2007/08/peanut-butter-jelly-time.gif

Paladin
08-16-2009, 03:29 PM
Mock needs to go to the Captian Kangaroo forum........

Circle Orange
08-16-2009, 03:31 PM
How about a banana cream pie to the puss? ROFL!

As crazed fans, we do WHAT we want, WHEN we want, and as OFTEN as we wanna do it! And if that means being irrational and crazy, so be it! People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones! Look before you leap! The grass is greener on the other side! A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush...

DivineLegion
08-16-2009, 03:34 PM
2 sacks on the first drive. We actually have the makings of a front 7.

Durango
08-16-2009, 03:41 PM
I liked the play of the offensive line. A lot. Orton has to lose the jitters. This bunch can protect for him. I especially liked the fact that DJ Williams and Champ Bailey are healthy. I just hope they don't have to make every tackle again this year. The won't last if they do.

I like our defensive secondary. I'll like it even more when Brian Dawkins gets back.

I liked a lot of the offensive play calling. I was worried Josh McDaniels would be far more conservative than he was, and that's a good sign.

lex
08-16-2009, 03:43 PM
1. Gametime interaction with my fellow Bronco fans.

2. Seeing Moreno playing for the 1st time in a Broncos uniform AND WATCHING COACHES ALLOW HIM TO STAY IN AFTER HE WAS HURT.

3. Alphonso Smith, that kid is gonna make plays.

4. Darcel McBath, couple of excellent tackles

5. Spencer Larsen still hitting like a train.

6. Simms can throw a football.

7. Both NT's got some push, especially Fields who was all over the place (in a good way).

8. Moving the football, cut out the basic errors and we'll move the ball against anyone up and down the field.

9. Loved watching Hillis move the chains

10. Royal gelling well with Orton

11. Special teams

12. The Putz catching a TD pass.

13. Offensive Line steady as ever despite the scheme changes.

~