PDA

View Full Version : Taking a long break from the Mane

Pages : 1 [2]

Tombstone RJ
08-18-2009, 10:07 AM
this is an all time nominee for weirdest thread.

Not even close...

TheDave
08-18-2009, 10:09 AM
Its almost as bad as the guy who takes any poll or list he isnt mentioned in as a slight.

You've goon WAY too far there... That's serious stuff.

ak1971
08-18-2009, 10:10 AM
Not even close...

we can make it wierd.

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk298/AK7745/midgets-1.jpg

Tombstone RJ
08-18-2009, 10:11 AM
we can make it wierd.

Better...

SureShot
08-18-2009, 10:11 AM
You've goon WAY too far there... That's serious stuff.

I'm sure if you would just toughen up you would make plenty of lists.

Disco Man
08-18-2009, 10:12 AM
we can make it wierd.

.......looks like The Hyatt Tech Center after a wedding

Pontius Pirate
08-18-2009, 10:16 AM
http://cheezburger.com/lolbuilder.aspx?preview=1&source=http%3A//images.cheezburger.com/imagestore/2009/8/18/ffbf0398-06c4-4ce9-89d8-84f5c10bbba9.jpg&top=%22Hey%2C%20Where%20did%20Montrose%20go%3F%22&bottom=%22He%27s%20in%20my%20galactic%20backpack.% 22&middle=&font=Impact&color=White&size=30&bold=true&italic=false&underlined=false&style=outline&opacity=100&topalignment=left&middlealignment=left&bottomalignment=left

broncocalijohn
08-18-2009, 10:21 AM
Its almost as bad as the guy who takes any poll or list he isnt mentioned in as a slight.

you have something against broncobuff? Montrose comes in with good reports and it is training camp. He is a fixture at these times just like Kaylore and his reports. If Kaylore was leaving us for awhile because the Church of Latter Day Saints found out that his 2 year mission was with a bike with a built in motor and he would need to do the whole 2 years again in North Korea, then I would expect him to let us know he is leaving. If someone like me takes off, you guys dont miss any TC reports and breaking news from me. You will miss the smart ass remarks though. Some report and some respond. I have no problem with him letting us know that he is taking time off.
As for those that dont know about Orange Mane weekend and other tailgate parties, there is a whole page/section on tailgatting. Start from the main page and select what you are looking for. There is political, poker and sissy stuff like soccer talk all waiting for you.

ghwk
08-18-2009, 10:24 AM
How did this thread generate 250+ posts???? The mane never ceases to amaze....

SureShot
08-18-2009, 10:26 AM
you have something against broncobuff?

No actually I have nothing against my Black and Gold brother BB, however TheDave on the other hand.......

(I guess I need to use more smileys Ha!:sunshine::yayaya:^5;)ROFL!)

bowtown
08-18-2009, 10:32 AM
(I guess I need to use more smileys Ha!:sunshine::yayaya:^5;)ROFL!)

What's that supposed to mean? You making fun of emoticons?

SureShot
08-18-2009, 10:36 AM
What's that supposed to mean? You making fun of emoticons?

Pretty much.

bowtown
08-18-2009, 10:39 AM
Pretty much.

Oh. Okay.

vancejohnson82
08-18-2009, 11:00 AM
the other day I lost my brand new Blackberry Curve in the seat cushions of my Lamborghini....if my blond bombshell of a girlfriend would stop leaving her panties everywhere we had sex, maybe I would have found it quicker.

i know exactly what you're going through Montrose....just stay strong

theAPAOps5
08-18-2009, 11:15 AM
Pretty much.

I should have known you were being a smartass! :kiss:

SureShot
08-18-2009, 11:19 AM
I should have known you were being a smartass! :kiss:

You know better!

TheDave
08-18-2009, 11:21 AM
you have something against broncobuff? Montrose comes in with good reports and it is training camp. He is a fixture at these times just like Kaylore and his reports. If Kaylore was leaving us for awhile because the Church of Latter Day Saints found out that his 2 year mission was with a bike with a built in motor and he would need to do the whole 2 years again in North Korea, then I would expect him to let us know he is leaving. If someone like me takes off, you guys dont miss any TC reports and breaking news from me. You will miss the smart ass remarks though. Some report and some respond. I have no problem with him letting us know that he is taking time off.
As for those that dont know about Orange Mane weekend and other tailgate parties, there is a whole page/section on tailgatting. Start from the main page and select what you are looking for. There is political, poker and sissy stuff like soccer talk all waiting for you.

It's the evolution of a message board... Their were great posters way before these guys you mentioned came around and their will be great posters after. Believe it or not camp reports also existed before these guys, though not nearly as often or as detailed. When I first got here people were complaining about us noobs and how we were chassing off the regulars... That complaint gets voiced like it is a new phenomena every few months.

As to these farewell messages... who cares? IMO the right ways to handle it would be a couple of PM's to friends. Then again if someone wants to come here and bare their soul, who am I to stop them.

If nothing else it makes for interesting threads during slow news days.

TheDave
08-18-2009, 11:23 AM
I'm sure if you would just toughen up you would make plenty of lists.

hey, I've been stretching and working on situational drills... :thumbs:

and we all know that leads to increased toughness.

Hotrod
08-18-2009, 11:25 AM
It's the evolution of a message board... Their were great posters way before these guys you mentioned came around and their will be great posters after. Believe it or not camp reports also existed before these guys, though not nearly as often or as detailed. When I first got here people were complaining about us noobs and how we were chassing off the regulars... That complaint gets voiced like it is a new phenomena every few months.

As to these farewell messages... who cares? IMO the right ways to handle it would be a couple of PM's to friends. Then again if someone wants to come here and bare their soul, who am I to stop them.

If nothing else it makes for interesting threads during slow news days.

Were having the thread to end all threads when I retire. There will be a great mixture of sausage, midgets and alittle SOB love for old time sakes.

Clockwork Orange
08-18-2009, 11:31 AM
Leaving this place?

Pfffft. p***Y. Ha!

TheDave
08-18-2009, 11:32 AM
Were having the thread to end all threads when I retire. There will be a great mixture of sausage, midgets and alittle SOB love for old time sakes.

On the other hand, when some people leave this place will improve immensely ;D

Hotrod
08-18-2009, 11:41 AM

I think you underestimate your importance to the OM Dave :approve:

TheReverend
08-18-2009, 11:48 AM
:nono:

ak1971
08-18-2009, 11:56 AM
.......looks like The Hyatt Tech Center after a wedding

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk298/AK7745/minikiss.jpg

or these dudes in Vegas.

broncocalijohn
08-18-2009, 12:11 PM
http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk298/AK7745/minikiss.jpg

or these dudes in Vegas.

ever since you GOOGLED MIDGETS , you have a ton of pictures to show us. Any for Jason in LA's Butt thread?

Blueflame
08-18-2009, 12:14 PM
I usually just scroll past Bob's posts

Doesn't everyone? LOL

Blueflame
08-18-2009, 12:23 PM
I understand the real life friendship stuff. But if my life is going in the wrong direction, I sure as hell wouldnt pick this site out as part of my problem.

"So can you tell me what the problem is, Vance"

"Well, I consistently cry myself to sleep. And thats usually after lubricating myself up with my own tears and sliding down the hallways in my house just to feel the burning on my stomach...because that actually makes me feel alive. I tend to light candles in the morning and listen to John Mayer for long stretches of time, as I look at pictures of my ex-girlfriend, who just so happened to move in next door with her new boyfriend...he plays professional volleyball and makes my physique resemble that of an elderly Asian woman. Sometimes they make me videotape them cuddling and watching movies, and I have to do it because I'm unemployed and need the money. Recently I was laid off at my job at the zoo where I dressed up like a Panda and handed out coupons to the Rainforest Cafe.

Oh and I stubbed my toe this morning....probably the best part of my week so far.

OH and this site Orangemane.com really stresses me out too. I think that may be the main problem.

Each poster is an individual... and y'know... there are real people with real emotions, real lives and real problems behind the keyboards. Some people are more open with sharing what's going on in their lives while others keep a strict separation between their real lives and cyberspace. But it's all good... each poster should do what works for them.

uplink
08-18-2009, 02:27 PM

Just what do you think you're saying, Dave?

bowtown
08-18-2009, 02:46 PM
Each poster is an individual... and y'know... there are real people with real emotions, real lives and real problems behind the keyboards. Some people are more open with sharing what's going on in their lives while others keep a strict separation between their real lives and cyberspace. But it's all good... each poster should do what works for them.

I lie to my dentist about how much I floss. There, I said it.

Miss I.
08-18-2009, 02:48 PM
I lie to my dentist about how much I floss. There, I said it.

I know that was hard for you. Do you want a hug? I think Hotrod is around here somewhere... at the very least he might start you a poll of somekind..;D

bowtown
08-18-2009, 02:50 PM
I know that was hard for you. Do you want a hug? I think Hotrod is around here somewhere... at the very least he might start you a poll of somekind..;D

Once the bleeding starts, it's very hard to stop.

bfoflcommish
08-18-2009, 02:55 PM
Only on the mane can you get a thread like this! I LOVE THIS PLACE!

I think this is all SOB'S fault

i think everyone on the mane has now posted in here except for bmf, boob and the ones who have chosen montroses route.

montrose
01-06-2010, 03:56 PM
Hi guys,

Hope everyone's season went well (obviously off the field and in real life, haha). I had a lot of fun this season, even with the losing, attending TailgateNut's tailgates and getting to meet some of the OM crew in addition to keeping up with my buddies like Kaylore, Apa, Oskie, SoCal, Buff and others. Now that I've got a good grip on my life, I look forward to posing again here on the Mane.

Clariifying my absence, because I don't think I did so before, wasn't so much to do with this site but just being overwhelmed with everything going on in my life. I was never talking to my therapist about this site, although I can see how that would be pretty damn funny. It was more of her telling me, "Raj, just simplify your life and really get to know yourself better." I'm actually a member of other non-football forums that I excused myself from for the same reason.

Anyhow, my life has changed a great deal in the last six months and I'm in a much better place than I was. I'm actually heading towards a career that excites me and have reached a place where I more than comfortable being alone... which is a moot point as (just as many of you predicted) once I became completely comfortable by myself and wasn't pining or looking for women - I met a great girl that I've been spending time with and is a hell of a better fit than my ex.

While I'm busy as ever, I don't feel too stressed - if that makes sense. And I'm excited to rejoin this awesome OM community. I certainly made a lot of mistakes last year and am looking forward to putting them in the past and moving on. Thanks to everybody for being there for me when I was on the edge and encouraging me to quit feeling sorry for myself and get my life in order. I'll never forget what you guys did for me.

So I'm glad to be back and look forward to talking Broncos football with everybody here. Here's to an awesome offseason!

Montrose

P.S. - Boy was I wrong but a lot of stuff this season, but I did hit on a few things... Haha.

Tombstone RJ
01-06-2010, 03:59 PM
Welcome back!

TheDave
01-06-2010, 04:02 PM
Hi guys,

Hope everyone's season went well (obviously off the field and in real life, haha). I had a lot of fun this season, even with the losing, attending TailgateNut's tailgates and getting to meet some of the OM crew in addition to keeping up with my buddies like Kaylore, Apa, Oskie, SoCal, Buff and others. Now that I've got a good grip on my life, I look forward to posing again here on the Mane.

Clariifying my absence, because I don't think I did so before, wasn't so much to do with this site but just being overwhelmed with everything going on in my life. I was never talking to my therapist about this site, although I can see how that would be pretty damn funny. It was more of her telling me, "Raj, just simplify your life and really get to know yourself better." I'm actually a member of other non-football forums that I excused myself from for the same reason.

Anyhow, my life has changed a great deal in the last six months and I'm in a much better place than I was. I'm actually heading towards a career that excites me and have reached a place where I more than comfortable being alone... which is a moot point as (just as many of you predicted) once I became completely comfortable by myself and wasn't pining or looking for women - I met a great girl that I've been spending time with and is a hell of a better fit than my ex.

While I'm busy as ever, I don't feel too stressed - if that makes sense. And I'm excited to rejoin this awesome OM community. I certainly made a lot of mistakes last year and am looking forward to putting them in the past and moving on. Thanks to everybody for being there for me when I was on the edge and encouraging me to quit feeling sorry for myself and get my life in order. I'll never forget what you guys did for me.

So I'm glad to be back and look forward to talking Broncos football with everybody here. Here's to an awesome offseason!

Montrose

P.S. - Boy was I wrong but a lot of stuff this season, but I did hit on a few things... Haha.

So does this mean it's no longer my fault your gone? ;D

montrose
01-06-2010, 04:12 PM

Haha, it was nobody's fault other than my own. I let life control me instead of the other way around. I love all you guys!

Popps
01-06-2010, 04:15 PM
Haha, it was nobody's fault other than my own. I let life control me instead of the other way around. I love all you guys!

Get lost troll!!!!!

:wiggle:

PRBronco
01-06-2010, 04:19 PM
Good to see you!

worm
01-06-2010, 04:20 PM
WB Montrose! Congrats on the career and new relationship.

Remember. Enjoy the ride slowly...Valentine's Day is coming. :)

scttgrd
01-06-2010, 04:23 PM
Good to see you back, life can get complicated. Keep things simple, and never screw with happy. It all starts with you.

loborugger
01-06-2010, 04:25 PM

Man, I hear that was the Rev's fault.

TheDave
01-06-2010, 04:28 PM

Come to think of it... yeah, it was the Rev's fault. !Booya!

theAPAOps5
01-06-2010, 04:30 PM
Hey you said you weren't coming back when I asked if you were going to post again! You are damned liar! And that was just last night!

Just kidding and it will be good to have you posting again.

brncs_fan
01-06-2010, 04:37 PM
n00b

Taco John
01-06-2010, 05:13 PM
Awesome to have you back 'Trose.

ColoradoDarin
01-06-2010, 05:18 PM
Welcome back, glad to hear that you're life is all in order. Can you give the Broncos the name of your therapist?

SoCalBronco
01-06-2010, 05:21 PM
Hi guys,

Montrose

Great to see you back, Raj!

:thumbsup:

Florida_Bronco
01-06-2010, 05:34 PM
We missed you bro.

PaintballCLE
01-06-2010, 05:40 PM
gald to see you on the mane and not just at TGn's tailgates!

broncocalijohn
01-06-2010, 06:13 PM
New career path? Better not be some MLM and you are going to be pushing your product on the next OM weekend!

broncosteven
01-06-2010, 06:31 PM
Hi guys,...

I think we all were wrong about a lot of stuff this season. Most won't admit it though.

Welcome back.

BTW can we laugh about the Tom Brady stuff or is that off limits?

watermock
01-06-2010, 06:43 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EPcBpF6DTWk&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EPcBpF6DTWk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Meck77
01-06-2010, 06:48 PM
I'm taking a break myself!!!!!!!!

Be back in 30 minutes.....

baja
01-06-2010, 06:54 PM
I think we all were wrong about a lot of stuff this season. Most won't admit it though.

Welcome back.

Not me, I was right about everything.

theAPAOps5
01-06-2010, 07:28 PM

Welcome back.

I think the answer is yes, Montrose, Khan, and myself have laughed about it all season!

Killericon
01-06-2010, 07:29 PM
Good to have you back, man!

broncosteven
01-06-2010, 08:04 PM
I think the answer is yes, Montrose and I have been laughing about that for all season!

I had 2 great comebacks to that but I want you to know I deleted them and wrote this instead.

theAPAOps5
01-06-2010, 08:05 PM
I had 2 great comebacks to that but I want you to know I deleted them and wrote this instead.

I think you should go with the great comebacks. Because its just lame saying you had them but not posting them. Usually means you didn't have them in reality! :~ohyah!::kiss:

montrose
01-06-2010, 08:58 PM

Like I said, nobody's fault other than my own. I'm in such a different place than I was 6 months ago, 3 months ago - it's just a much better outlook on life.

Hey you said you weren't coming back when I asked if you were going to post again! You are damned liar! And that was just last night!

Just kidding and it will be good to have you posting again.

Haha, yeah I honestly hadn't given it much thought until you brought it up. I figured, why not? I may not be able to post as much as I used to because of time constraints - but I'm not overwhelmed anymore by life so I figured there was no harm in it.

New career path? Better not be some MLM and you are going to be pushing your product on the next OM weekend!

I'll actually be selling Kyle Orton jerseys with attached neck beards. Better buy one too! :wiggle:

Haha, sure thing. I thought I passed the message along that I was referring more to mannerisms and such but feel free to flame away :hitself: (Although I do think that with another year in the system and an improved OL/run game, Orton might put up some nice numbers).

Blueflame
01-06-2010, 10:09 PM
On a serious note, I'm very glad to hear that things are going better in your personal life, Montrose... and it's good to see you back.

However... I still wanna hate on The Rev 'cause you were gone for a while... :P

Los Broncos
01-06-2010, 10:17 PM
Hey Montrose, what have you been up too?

Say hi to my aunt there in town :)

Dagmar
01-06-2010, 10:24 PM
Welcome back. It's been a quiet year, you haven't missed much...

SportinOne
01-06-2010, 10:25 PM
with the number of f-ing moron chicken little retards on this site, i think all knowledgeable posters should probably find somewhere else to go. this place gets more and more ridiculous by the year, to the point that its almost annoying to even come here anymore.

short-man's syndrome, it's serious stuff.

TheReverend
01-06-2010, 11:10 PM
Like I said, nobody's fault other than my own. I'm in such a different place than I was 6 months ago, 3 months ago - it's just a much better outlook on life.

Strange... because you've been telling people it was my fault.

Montrose was a great poster that was driven off by theReverand constantly harassing him. I didn't even know it was happening until he decided to stop posting. I took a break too. Slap was awesome and his own worst enemy all at the same time. Wabbit left b/c of Chief trolls, and Billy Clyde Pucket left b/c of Lex. Quiettiger was cool. Tredicin and Mntbrncfn were some of the best girl posters around. Anthony Pacino always had good takes.

Yeah, we've lost some really good ones.

By the way, to those at that link that say that Tred and Slap are over there. Does anyone know a way to contact them? I'd love to go over and say hi. If anyone has access and could at least let them know, that'd be great.

No, this was all Montrose's choice. No one "made" him do anything. However he did say that your repeated antagonizing of him was a contributing factor. I'm just telling you what he said. He also was pissed at the way he was doing reports and people were ripping on him for his, let's call them "very optimistic" reviews of Orton. I definitely learned my lesson on that a few years ago. He also said you were talking a lot of **** about some of his friends, including me, behind our back, which I suspect is partly true and partly him being upset. All these things affected him more than they probably should have and that's why he took time off. I don't blame him.

Also, care to clarify what this "harrassment" was and also why you claimed I was **** talking Khan behind his back?

montrose
01-07-2010, 03:48 AM
Strange... because you've been telling people it was my fault.

Anything I would've said about anyone would've been months ago when I was in a much different place. I don't even remember saying it was anyone's fault, I remember incoherently going off a few nights when I was bothered about other stuff and I started bi*ching and moaning about everything under the sun. Perhaps that's where this came from. Again, it was no one's fault but my own and you were one of the people when I decided to post again that I was excited to read.

Also, care to clarify what this "harrassment" was and also why you claimed I was **** talking Khan behind his back?

I have no clue what you're talking about, I don't recall you or anyone else talking about anybody behind their back. At this point, it doesn't really matter - I'm just glad to be back here on the site and looking forward to reading the opinions of you and everybody else!

watermock
01-07-2010, 04:57 AM
Regret and remorse are 2 things I hate to deal with.

There certainly is a broad swath of peopl here, it's why I lurk in the WPR room alot as well as this place, which has more excuses than W and O combined.

watermock
01-07-2010, 05:00 AM
object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nvwrSdMY7dQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nvwrSdMY7dQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>.

TailgateNut
01-07-2010, 06:49 AM
Welcome back. Long time no see!

bowtown
01-07-2010, 06:53 AM
I blame Rev for most things still.

TheReverend
01-07-2010, 07:00 AM
Anything I would've said about anyone would've been months ago when I was in a much different place. I don't even remember saying it was anyone's fault, I remember incoherently going off a few nights when I was bothered about other stuff and I started bi*ching and moaning about everything under the sun. Perhaps that's where this came from. Again, it was no one's fault but my own and you were one of the people when I decided to post again that I was excited to read.

I have no clue what you're talking about, I don't recall you or anyone else talking about anybody behind their back. At this point, it doesn't really matter - I'm just glad to be back here on the site and looking forward to reading the opinions of you and everybody else!

If you read the previous post's quotes, Khan says you told him that. I don't particularly appreciate behind lied about in situations where I can't even refute them.

Regardless, fair enough. Welcome back.

montrose
01-07-2010, 07:26 AM
If you read the previous post's quotes, Khan says you told him that. I don't particularly appreciate behind lied about in situations where I can't even refute them.

I'll talk to Chris because I'm not really sure where that came from. Like I said earlier, I don't recall anybody talking about anybody else behind their back. Sorry if that's what you heard.

Requiem
01-07-2010, 07:31 AM
I don't know why you left a while back, but I hope everything is good in your head and heart. Glad you're here posting again.

vancejohnson82
01-07-2010, 08:36 AM
This isn't where I parked my car....

Dagmar
01-07-2010, 08:45 AM
I blame Rev for most things still.

He hates me, I have no idea though why.

He's not one of the scholars on the site that like to call me "Rusty Trombone" those crazy pranksters!

Oh no!

This parachute is a napsack!

Steve Prefontaine
01-07-2010, 08:46 AM
Weird direction this thread took...but regardless welcome back Montrose.