PDA

View Full Version : What camp are you in?

JCMElway
08-15-2009, 09:57 AM
OK, it's time to place everyone on one side or the other. And no fence sitters here. Are we going to be a team with a shot at the playoffs, or do we pray for Chicago to suck?

Own it Orange Mane.

Popps
08-15-2009, 10:01 AM
Everything is on track may be overstating it right now, but I have faith in the bigger picture. The way we're approaching this thing is correct. But, we need time...

NYBronco
08-15-2009, 10:03 AM
I need much more then the first preseason game.

JCMElway
08-15-2009, 10:05 AM
And I think that's so true. I would still reserve ultimate judgement until at least 4 or so games into the REGULAR season.

Too many people with their knickers in a twist around here.

tnedator
08-15-2009, 10:07 AM
It's two early to really know which of those two options is closes to reality, and we will likely be somewhere in between, but of those two, I think we are closer to being on track than a pile of ****.

ScottXray
08-15-2009, 10:19 AM
it's two early to really know which of those two options is closes to reality, and we will likely be somewhere in between, but of those two, i think we are closer to being on track than a pile of ****.

+1

Br0nc0Buster
08-15-2009, 10:22 AM
Is there a middle option?

I dont think we will SUCK, but after last night I am not so sure "everything is on track"

RhymesayersDU
08-15-2009, 10:23 AM
Everything is on track may be overstating it right now, but I have faith in the bigger picture. The way we're approaching this thing is correct. But, we need time...

See... I'm on board with this. Bigger picture, long term, etc. I'm willing to give McD a chance to build something here.

With that said, the poll option said "We'll be a good team in 09" and thus I had to vote for the "pile of crap" option. Because this year I do not believe we win more than 5 games maximum.

But again, I'm willing to give McD time to build and mold this franchise.

KevinJames
08-15-2009, 10:34 AM
Don't pack it in now!

don't let this destroy your season its gonna be fun to watch the Broncos this year don't take losses so hard because we might be a team that goes 6-10, 7-9, or 8-8 just brace yourself but still have hope and cheer your team on! A lot of people get too upset when the Broncos lose I admit I do at times too but I look back and think how dumb I was for that, you wait all year for football season just to get yourself down on a loss? Don't let it effect you. Especially after a meaningless pre-season game where both offense and defense are learning new complicated systems.

RhymesayersDU
08-15-2009, 10:41 AM
I don't think anybody is packing it in.

For example... I live in Albuquerque, NM. I'm still currently making my plans for 2 games to make the road trip up for.

So still cheering, etc.

Bronco Yoda
08-15-2009, 10:45 AM
http://valueacceleration.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/lombardi_trophy2.jpg

mustardbased
08-15-2009, 10:46 AM
Given the two, I chose "flaming pile of crap," though I do believe things will eventually improve. Just not this year.

It's possibly MODO, but I'm OK with the changes because I didn't think the team was doing anything but spinning its wheels the last few years. If it takes a year or two to tear down and rebuild, so be it.

Frankly, of all the moves the one I still don't understand is giving away next year's No. 1. That one still kills me. And I've got a bad feeling it's going to hurt a lot more once we see how high a pick it ends up being.

bronco militia
08-15-2009, 10:47 AM
minus the QB positon, this team is no better or worse than the 2006-2008 broncos

WolfpackGuy
08-15-2009, 10:47 AM
The Broncos are a stepped in pile of crap.
My camp is in a van...down by the river...

broncosteven
08-15-2009, 10:49 AM
THis is what I love about the Mane, there is no grey area where you can point out the bad things and still root for your team.

It is all or nothing.

BroncoMan4ever
08-15-2009, 10:57 AM
10-6 or 11-5 and the playoffs this year.

JCMElway
08-15-2009, 11:34 AM
THis is what I love about the Mane, there is no grey area where you can point out the bad things and still root for your team.

It is all or nothing.

I agree that it's probably somewhere in the middle. However, the point of the poll was to get a barometer of the attitude here. Do you have a generally good or bad feeling about the direction of the team. To be honest, I'm surprised by the outcome of the poll so far. I thought it would be more negative.

Merlin
08-15-2009, 11:41 AM
It is far too early to really tell. That was a VERY BAD team Denver looked poor against, but Denver is still trying to get its ducks in a row...we just can't tell in which direction.

SouthStndJunkie
08-15-2009, 11:42 AM
Too narrow of a poll....give us a decent QB and I would be fairly optimistic.

Bronco Yoda
08-15-2009, 11:47 AM
At this point McD is getting his noodle wet.... They're throwing the kitchen sink out there to see what floats to the surface....

How can anyone really have strong opinion either way besides "hey, this all looks very different"...

Right now I'm just happy to see the season starting and the Orange and Blue in Pads!

Football season is here Baby! WOOooooooHOOoooooooooooo!

HEAV
08-15-2009, 11:51 AM
Everything is on track, the Broncos will be a good team in '09

Maybe not on track, but it's a start and even with the mistakes it's a step forward and corrections will be made.

Many on here wanted perfection from the opening kick-off. But look around the league, Brady threw a Int, Randy Moss dropped a pass, P.Manning was sacked 3 times...Maybe these players/teams need to panick...

The reason for these games is to make corrections and adjustments for mistakes and improve for the real season.

wolf754life
08-15-2009, 11:52 AM
change is good, change is even better in the NFL, the future is bright in denver....

missingnumber7
08-15-2009, 12:00 PM
I think we have made some good changes this offseason...don't take me wrong...I was a Shanny fan, however some things needed to change. He wasn't willing to make those changes and he's out, fine move on. We had the basis for what it would've taken to start on a new foot with the franchise. Even Elway had a few bad seasons. Cutler was going into his 3rd season, typically when you truly judge players on their abilities. We had Jay on Offense and some good young linemen that were the building blocks, plus two quality young receivers. On defense we have gotten rid of the rubbish to some extent, Bailey and Bly. Brought in a vet at Safety, have Champ who is dedicated to the team, DJ, and some young players to bring into a new system. I think our D is ready to make the turn.
It will take a while to get over the Shanny/Cutler hangover, however if they play well at the start of the season it will be easy to get over, if not prepare to hear about it all year long especially if the Bears do well.

BroncsRule
08-15-2009, 12:17 PM
As I write this post, the score is 26 - 9 in favor of the "this will be a good team in '09" crowd.

Here's the thing: how many of those 26 posters will still be here in December when we have lost 7, 8, 9 games in a row?

Half? Less?

Now, how many of the 9 "flaming pile of crapers" will still be here?

I say all 9 of us will still be here. Because in spite of the mean spirited attacks - ("fine! go find another bandwagon, you POS.." etc. etc. ad nauseum) -

We, the Flaming Crappers, are still real fans. We may have misplaced our orange tinted glasses, but we'll still be here, long after your pathetic hopes for the '09 season have been obliterated, and half of your p***Y asses are gone.

Grumps
08-15-2009, 12:24 PM
We, the Flaming Crappers, are still real fans. We may have misplaced our orange tinted glasses, but we'll still be here, long after your pathetic hopes for the '09 season have been obliterated, and half of your p***Y asses are gone.

Real fans, maybe. Bunch of bitches, certain.

Boobs McGee
08-15-2009, 12:34 PM
As I write this post, the score is 26 - 9 in favor of the "this will be a good team in '09" crowd.

Here's the thing: how many of those 26 posters will still be here in December when we have lost 7, 8, 9 games in a row?

Half? Less?

Now, how many of the 9 "flaming pile of crapers" will still be here?

I say all 9 of us will still be here. Because in spite of the mean spirited attacks - ("fine! go find another bandwagon, you POS.." etc. etc. ad nauseum) -

hahahhahhaaaa you're still "real fans"? Please don't discount those of us other "real fans" that are optimistic, just because we have a DIFFERENT kind of foresight. I'm shootin for 9-7 or 10-6 and a playoff this year. Those pathetic hopes are based on the fact that we have upgrades at running back/wr/db/and the returning oline. These aren't just empty, rosy colored predictions. We're in a ****ty division, with a team that's tougher, and a head coach that from the looks of things is an offensive genius. We have a D coordinator that has a better track record than slowik, and already seems to be putting people where they are best suited.

Last night, our starting qb played like ****. Big ****ing deal. It's the first preseason game and he's in a completely new system. Hell, he probly doesn't know what to do with all of the time he has to sit back behind the line now.

Last night, I saw what looks to be an INCREDIBLY dynamic offense, with different looks that confused the hell out of a defense (yes, i know it was the 9ers, but oh well).

Last night, I actually saw legitimate pressure on a qb, and 4 sacks. I saw 3 and outs, and guys actually HITTING PEOPLE.

The way I look at it, our defense has no where to go but up. Our offense (once it starts clicking) will put up numbers on the board.

Calling other bronco fans "pussy asses" is just another way of saying Hey everyone, look at me. I'm a giant ****ing douche. Get a clue flamechode.

It's gonna be a fun season

tsiguy96
08-15-2009, 01:29 PM
stupidest post of the year, including everything lex ever said.

why do you ****s have to categorize us into people who are optimistic and want the team to do good vs people who constantly predict failure and almost want the team to do bad so they can say "i was right". why not try showing a tiny bit of faith in people far, far more skilled at developing football players and teams than you are and start judging when you see actual results, ie a few games to show the real weaknesses of teh team

TheDave
08-15-2009, 01:35 PM
Hmmm...

Tough one.

Unfortunately I think we are looking at a 6-10 without the benefit of our 1st next year. Now I realize the new mantra around here is to only care about things like "improvement" and "toughness"... but 6-10 is 6-10

and 6-10 is a flaming pile of crap.

Florida_Bronco
08-15-2009, 01:39 PM

Exactly. No matter what happens this year, this team has a goal and a plan to get us there.

BroncsRule
08-15-2009, 02:09 PM
stupidest post of the year, including everything lex ever said.

why do you ****s have to categorize us into people who are optimistic and want the team to do good vs people who constantly predict failure and almost want the team to do bad so they can say "i was right". why not try showing a tiny bit of faith in people far, far more skilled at developing football players and teams than you are and start judging when you see actual results, ie a few games to show the real weaknesses of teh team

LOL It's you ****s that do the categorizing - hell, there are 2 threads in the top 5 right now dedicated exclusively to the flagellation and abuse of "negative Nancys".

I don't want the team to do bad.

If I turn out to be right come December, I won't be gloating. That's nothing to gloat about. I hope I'm wrong, and if so, I'll be here, taking abuse from choads like you and loving every minute of it.

OTOH, if I'm right, you and your ilk will be gone. You'll be too butthurt and miffed at McD, Orton and the team for letting you down and "failing", when they had the potential to be so good.

Your side is too quick to declare yourselves the "true fans" - when in fact, most of you will in the end turn out to be the bandwagoners - the "cut & runners".