PDA

View Full Version : The Roast of Montrose Thread: Let me have it

montrose
08-15-2009, 08:13 AM
I can take it, this has been the worst year of my life so you might as well pile it on:

1) Yes, I predicted the Broncos would win at least 10 games this season.
2) I said Orton looked like Brady during the first practice of camp (although, as I've said numerous times, I was referring to mannerisms and not talent - give it to me anyway).
3) I've been ripping Simms every chance I can get.
4) I love nearly every move McDaniels has made and still do.
5) I actually still think we're moving in the right direction.

There you have Maners, focus all of your negative karma towards me. Blast me, rip me, find previous posts that I've been wrong on (god knows there's a lot of them), make fun of me for still being utterly depressed over my breakup, call me gay for swearing off women (no joke, I'm done), make fun of me for being a virgin, I don't care - just let me have it because you'll feel better when your done.

SureShot
08-15-2009, 08:15 AM

Crushaholic
08-15-2009, 08:17 AM
ZOMG! We lost a PRACTICE game by one point. I'm horrified...:rofl:

TheDave
08-15-2009, 08:19 AM
I can take it, this has been the worst year of my life so you might as well pile it on:

2) I said Orton looked like Brady during the first practice of camp (although, as I've said numerous times, I was referring to mannerisms and not talent - give it to me anyway).

There you have Maners, focus all of your negative karma towards me. Blast me, rip me, find previous posts that I've been wrong on (god knows there's a lot of them), make fun of me for still being utterly depressed over my breakup, call me gay for swearing off women (no joke, I'm done), make fun of me for being a virgin, I don't care - just let me have it because you'll feel better when your done.

Don't forget... Alphonso Smith starting over champ by week 1

Thats all I got for right now ;D

SureShot
08-15-2009, 08:20 AM

Thats all I got for right now ;D

Zing!

COWBELL
08-15-2009, 08:25 AM
You are just in denial if you still agree with every move Mcdaniels has made.

TheReverend
08-15-2009, 08:26 AM
How can you swear off women before you've ever REALLY tried one?

PS. Did you see Orton's cannon barely squeaking the ball in on those 10 yard outs? Wow, that thing must've been humming at like 8mph

Captain 'Dre
08-15-2009, 08:41 AM

You're a virgin?!? !Booya!

TheReverend
08-15-2009, 09:06 AM
Oh, and Gaffney looked awesome too

Tombstone RJ
08-15-2009, 09:18 AM
Aside from Orton's crappy game, there's not a whole lot to bitch and moan about. But, I'm sure some posters will enjoy cooking you up a big ole plate of crow...

JCMElway
08-15-2009, 09:20 AM
Yeah, I'm not about to panic over one preseason game. It's certainly not a good sign, but it's not the end of the world either.

worm
08-15-2009, 09:22 AM
Thanks Montrose! This thread is strangely cathartic for me.

Jason in LA
08-15-2009, 09:25 AM

Dude, you're crazy, just crazy. I hope all that becomes true, but I know it's not.

McDman
08-15-2009, 09:26 AM
Virgin by choice?

Hamrob
08-15-2009, 10:00 AM
The thing to me about Orton is just that I don't see the talent. At least a guy like Cassell has the arm to launch the ball down field. I don't see that with Orton. Even Plummer had some heat on his passes in the 20yd range. Orton showed tonight that he has a noodle arm at best.

The positive about toinight...it's only an exhibition game. Most likely, McDaniels wanted to see Orton run very specific plays. He's not going to open up the offense in the first preseason game.

The game to watch...will be the one against Chicago. He'll be at home, playing against a very good defense, with tons of pressure on....and McDaniels will open up the offense at that point...in preparation for the regular season.

Now, if Orton looks like he did last night...against the Bears...well then, we should all get ready for 4-5 win season. But even I (huge Cutler/Shanahan fan) think we have to allow the preseason to unfold before we throw in the towel.

Tombstone RJ
08-15-2009, 10:03 AM
The thing to me about Orton is just that I don't see the talent. At least a guy like Cassell has the arm to launch the ball down field. I don't see that with Orton. Even Plummer had some heat on his passes in the 20yd range. Orton showed tonight that he has a noodle arm at best.

The positive about toinight...it's only an exhibition game. Most likely, McDaniels wanted to see Orton run very specific plays. He's not going to open up the offense in the first preseason game.

The game to watch...will be the one against Chicago. He'll be at home, playing against a very good defense, with tons of pressure on....and McDaniels will open up the offense at that point...in preparation for the regular season.

Now, if Orton looks like he did last night...against the Bears...well then, we should all get ready for 4-5 win season. But even I (huge Cutler/Shanahan fan) think we have to allow the preseason to unfold before we throw in the towel.

I guess you missed the entire second half where Simms made some plays. But, that's ok. You go right on focusing on the negative.

montrose
08-15-2009, 10:05 AM
Good start guys, keep ripping away...

Well, I didn't say starting but rather our top CB (unofficially as we don't really have a #1 and #2 CB). After seeing Champ last night, I'm still not so sure I wouldn't be more comfortable with Smith on Ochocinco than Champ - but point taken.

You are just in denial if you still agree with every move Mcdaniels has made.

Maybe. I'm not in agreement with every move, just most of them. I don't think Cutler will ever be a franchise QB and we got the most value for him we could - so I've got no problem with that. Orton may suck worse than Cutler but at least we moved on from Jeff George Jr. I liked our draft for the most part although I could've done without drafting Bruton and dealing both 3's for Quinn, even though I like him as a prospect. I'm cool with the Smith trade as I think the dude is absolute stud and could care less about having a top 10 pick next year. I like the defensive staff he assembled and the players he got in free agency although I was hoping for James Sanders instead of Renaldo Hill.

I wasn't a fan of his offensive staff other than keeping Dennison and Turner. I hate that he didn't bring in another kicker to compete with Prater and would've liked to move Scheffler is possible. In a perfect world I would've loved to add talent to the front-7 but aside from overpaying for Canty or Olshansky or moving up for that bust-in-waiting Raji, I don't see who we could've gotten in the middle rounds better than Baker anyway.

Are there any major moves he made that I'm missing? Oh well, this is a Montrose-roast thread. McDaniels sucks, bring back Cutler, Shanny, Slowick and 8-8 seasons...

How can you swear off women before you've ever REALLY tried one?

Good point. I suppose we could say I've sworn off hope of ever being with one.

PS. Did you see Orton's cannon barely squeaking the ball in on those 10 yard outs? Wow, that thing must've been humming at like 8mph

More like 6.5mph. I'm actually worried about Knowshon's injury way more than Orton sucking last night. Once Marshall's back and McDaniels reels K.O. in, I doubt he'll have the opportunity to throw 3 picks. Kern's going to get a lot of work this season and that's fine by me.

You're a virgin?!? !Booya!

Yup, and I'll probably die that way.

Oh, and Gaffney looked awesome too

Well he didn't look bad... Was he even targeted?

TheReverend
08-15-2009, 10:18 AM
Good point. I suppose we could say I've sworn off hope of ever being with one.

Start drinking and get laid before another 20 years go by and you end up like guy that shot up the LA Fitness in Pittsburgh

More like 6.5mph. I'm actually worried about Knowshon's injury way more than Orton sucking last night. Once Marshall's back and McDaniels reels K.O. in, I doubt he'll have the opportunity to throw 3 picks. Kern's going to get a lot of work this season and that's fine by me.

Worrying about Knowshon is directly proportional to worrying about how god-awful Kyle Orton is and will continue to be. It creates an even BIGGER need for the break-away, game-breaking back.

TheReverend
08-15-2009, 10:18 AM
Well he didn't look bad... Was he even targeted?

Precisely. Stellar performance for playing an entire half of football with Marshall out.

KevinJames
08-15-2009, 10:24 AM

lol I will roast you only for saying he looked like Brady Hilarious!

but I don't think you should be ripped for this because we did make the right moves so far and we are moving in the right direction, and if we do have a bad season I hope Bowlen is smart enough to keep McDaniels because he really is a great coach.

Standing behind Orton after those INTs and not having a knee jerk reaction saying Simms will start the next game because I can think of a lot of rookie HCs who made that mistake.

I am with you on supporting what we are doing. I see a nice change right now.

Tombstone RJ
08-15-2009, 10:25 AM
Precisely. Stellar performance for playing an entire half of football with Marshall out.

And yet Eddie Royal had a good game. Strange how that works, eh?

TheReverend
08-15-2009, 10:28 AM
And yet Eddie Royal had a good game. Strange how that works, eh?

How is that strange?

TheDave
08-15-2009, 10:32 AM
lol I will roast you only for saying he looked like Brady Hilarious!

but I don't think you should be ripped for this because we did make the right moves so far and we are moving in the right direction, and if we do have a bad season I hope Bowlen is smart enough to keep McDaniels because he really is a great coach.

Standing behind Orton after those INTs and not having a knee jerk reaction saying Simms will start the next game because I can think of a lot of rookie HCs who made that mistake.

I am with you on supporting what we are doing. I see a nice change right now.

Really? are you sure about that?

'cause last nights performance didn't leave me with a warm fuzzy feeling.

but thats just me...

SonOfLe-loLang
08-15-2009, 10:34 AM

but thats just me...

Why? I actually thought the broncos looked aggressive and very prepared. Orton **** the bed...coaches coach, players play. He had given Orton a chance to succeed.

Tombstone RJ
08-15-2009, 10:35 AM
How is that strange?

No BMarsh on the field and Royal still made plays. But you keep focusing on how bad Gaffney did, ummmkay.

Popps
08-15-2009, 10:35 AM
Gaffney is never going to be more than the 3rd option. That's why we brought him in. He was targeted once and it was broken up.

I actually think we need to work Lloyd into the game-plan with the starters more often, particularly with Douchebag still "injured," or in court, wanting more money or whatever it is this week.

Lloyd creates nice mismatches. He played hard last night. Hopefully the guy has finally committed himself to being a quality contributor.

Stay strong, Montrose! Rome wasn't built in a day. This staff inherited a mess of a football team. No defense, no special teams and mediocre at putting points on the board. Two completely new systems will take time to install.

Tombstone RJ
08-15-2009, 10:37 AM
Lloyd had a decent game.

Popps
08-15-2009, 10:37 AM

but thats just me...

Really?

I mean, a jittery QB threw a few stupid balls, but if we just run that first TD in, that would have been a great drive. The defense had a few sacks and while they let up a few big plays, the starters looked pretty good without Dawkins and playing in their first game.

It was a typical pre-season game. I'm not sure why you're so devastated with the whole thing. Honestly... the first pre-season game and you're making definitive judgments about the staff, the trades and the draft?

C'mon, dude.

broncosteven
08-15-2009, 10:44 AM

2) I said Orton looked like Brady during the first practice of camp (although, as I've said numerous times, I was referring to mannerisms and not talent - give it to me anyway)....

make fun of me for still being utterly depressed over my breakup, call me gay for swearing off women (no joke, I'm done), make fun of me for being a virgin, I don't care - just let me have it because you'll feel better when your done.

You were right about Smith, he is going to be a stud at DB and ST!

Sounds like you need to get yourself a man crush, Gene and Kuper are taken.

TheReverend
08-15-2009, 10:44 AM
No BMarsh on the field and Royal still made plays. But you keep focusing on how bad Gaffney did, ummmkay.

It's very hard to chew up the underneath on a cover 3... Hilarious!

TheReverend
08-15-2009, 10:45 AM
Stay strong, Montrose! Rome wasn't built in a day. This staff inherited a strong offensive football team and turned it into a mess. No defense, no special teams and mediocre at putting points on the board. Two completely new systems will take time to install.

fixed, bro

montrose
08-15-2009, 10:47 AM
You were right about Smith, he is going to be a stud at DB and ST!

Sounds like you need to get yourself a man crush, Gene and Kuper are taken.

Alphonso is most certainly my man-crush.

Tombstone RJ
08-15-2009, 10:48 AM
It's very hard to chew up the underneath on a cover 3... Hilarious!

Lloyd looked good too. Fact is, you're creating a problem that isn't there.

montrose
08-15-2009, 10:49 AM
Stay strong, Montrose! Rome wasn't built in a day. This staff inherited the league's most overrated offense. No defense, no special teams and mediocre at putting points on the board. Two completely new systems will take time to install.

fixed, bro

Refixed

TheDave
08-15-2009, 10:50 AM
Really?

I mean, a jittery QB threw a few stupid balls, but if we just run that first TD in, that would have been a great drive. The defense had a few sacks and while they let up a few big plays, the starters looked pretty good without Dawkins and playing in their first game.

It was a typical pre-season game. I'm not sure why you're so devastated with the whole thing. Honestly... the first pre-season game and you're making definitive judgments about the staff, the trades and the draft?

C'mon, dude.

IF... but we didn't. Look I don't know if he is a good coach or not.

on the other hand our friend Kevin is already convinced that he is a "Great" coach... I'm curious what he has seen so far that has led him to that conclusion.

As far as my judgments go... I've seen 2 practices and a preseason game for Orton. In each one he has looked worse than the time before. Sorry, but that is all I can go on. I thought it was stupid to trade for him in the first place and everything I have seen since has made the trade seem worse than I originally thought.

As far as the draft, except for the A. Smith deal I'm good with it. (though Ayers does look lost at this point, but that is common to rookies in his position)

I would love to be overly optimistic like some of you are... but the evidence isn't there to support that.

TheReverend
08-15-2009, 10:51 AM
Lloyd looked good too. Fact is, you're creating a problem that isn't there.

No, I'm not. I'll repost this here so you can see my exact issue:

Let me make sure this clear:

The ONLY alarming part about the end result of all of this is that we DID in fact take this game seriously and approached it like a regular season game... and failed miserably in every aspect against a team that wasn't approaching it that way whatsoever.

TheReverend
08-15-2009, 10:51 AM
Refixed

If this is the fix, then where's the line to be overrated again?

montrose
08-15-2009, 10:56 AM
if this is the fix, then where's the line to be overrated again?

lol

broncosteven
08-15-2009, 10:56 AM
IF... but we didn't. Look I don't know if he is a good coach or not.

on the other hand our friend Kevin is already convinced that he is a "Great" coach... I'm curious what he has seen so far that has led him to that conclusion.

As far as my judgments go... I've seen 2 practices and a preseason game for Orton. In each one he has looked worse than the time before. Sorry, but that is all I can go on. I thought it was stupid to trade for him in the first place and everything I have seen since has made the trade seem worse than I originally thought.

As far as the draft, except for the A. Smith deal I'm good with it. (though Ayers does look lost at this point, but that is common to rookies in his position)

I would love to be overly optimistic like some of you are... but the evidence isn't there to support that.

I am still trying to hold out hope until week 4.

It is a rebuilding year, everyone is learning something new, I think the Broncos HC needs to show me a hell of a lot more when the games start counting but nothing was settled last night.

BTW they didn't trade for Orton. The reason we pulled the trade with Chicago was because they had a starter to sweeten the pot along with the picks. I don't rememeber the Broncos HC going out and saying I need to get me some Kyle Orton!

TheReverend
08-15-2009, 10:58 AM

It is a rebuilding year, everyone is learning something new, I think the Broncos HC needs to show me a hell of a lot more when the games start counting but nothing was settled last night.

BTW they didn't trade for Orton. The reason we pulled the trade with Chicago was because they had a starter to sweeten the pot along with the picks. I don't rememeber the Broncos HC going out and saying I need to get me some Kyle Orton!

But it's supposedly not. If it were, you wouldn't trade away the following season's #1. That move amps up the expectations of many and puts a LOT on the line.

Tombstone RJ
08-15-2009, 11:00 AM
No, I'm not. I'll repost this here so you can see my exact issue:

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_13095427

McDaniels introduced a new 3-4 defense, and the Broncos suddenly have a pass rush, getting three sacks on 49ers quarterback Shaun Hill in the first two series.

And take away Orton's three interceptions and the Broncos' offense was promising. Orton completed nine of his other 13 passes for 89 yards in his one half of work. Moreno had 18 yards rushing on just three carries on the

Broncos QB Kyle Orton, left, hands off the ball to running back Correll Buckhalter against the 49ers during a preseason game Friday at Candlestick Park in San Francisco. (Jed Jacobsohn, Getty Images)Broncos' second possession, and Eddie Royal had four catches for 46 yards.
But the interceptions can't be dismissed especially when Orton's backup played so well. Simms finished off his first series by throwing a 6-yard TD pass to tight end Jeb Putzier.

In his second series that split the third and fourth quarters, Simms twice completed first-down passes to Brandon Lloyd, the former 49er, to set up a short, go-ahead field goal by Matt Prater.

Trailing 17-10, Simms hit rookie Kenny McKinley on a 52-yard TD pass with 1:52 left, but he was picked off on the two-point conversion attempt.

Like I said, it's not as bad as you want it to be.

TheDave
08-15-2009, 11:03 AM

Suposedly we had a choice of a few different offers... for some reason McKidd chose Orton.

Thats just something I'll probably never understand.

Tombstone RJ
08-15-2009, 11:13 AM
I especially like this:

Looks pretty good for Denver after one game. Especially sacks and special teams. Good thing for S.F. that Knowshon limpted out as he will be a 3 down back!
I left out the stats that were even. Denver stats listed first in rows.
Denver beat S.F. in 16 out of the following 19 stats: hmmmm....
1st Downs 21 15
Rushing 8 5
Passing 12 10
3rd Down Conversions 7-12 7-13
(Denver special teams look very good for one game)
-Return Yards 132 38
-Punts-Returns 3-43 0-0
-Kickoffs-Returns 4-89 2-12
Penalties-Yards 3-13 4-20
Total Plays 61 52
Average Gain 5.6 5.3
Net Yards Passing 231 142
Comp-Att 20-33 14-18
Yards/Pass 7.0 6.5
Defense looked good for one game
-Sacked-Yards Lost 0-0 4-30
Time of Possession 31:42 28:18
Total Net Yards 341 278

S.F. did better in:
Punts-Average 2-39.0 4-48.5
Int-Returns 0-0 3-26
Net Yards Rushing 110 136

Broncos dominated in most stats and lost by 1 point because of 3 costly INTs. It's the first preseason game of the season with a totally new offense and defense and coaching staff.

All things considered, it could be a lot worse.

TheReverend
08-15-2009, 11:25 AM
All things considered, it could be a lot worse.

I agree with this. For example: Denver could've given Kyle another possession to throw another pick.

SouthStndJunkie
08-15-2009, 11:27 AM
Good lord Montrose....you need to sink some pink soon or you will start sawing up b****es and putting their heads in your freezer when you are 45 years old.

It's hard to fathom that a kid your age would think he will never meet another girl or have another relationship in his life.

There are literally billions of skanks walking this planet right now.

One of them has a vagina with your name on it.

kamakazi_kal
08-15-2009, 11:56 AM
It's just practice ... It's just practice ... It's just practice ... It's just practice ... It's just practice ... It's just practice ... It's just practice ...

It's not working yet but I'll keep trying.

It's just practice ... It's just practice ... It's just practice ... It's just practice ... It's just practice ... It's just practice ... It's just practice ...

The Defense looked better ... I did like seeing those sacks by the first teamers. Somemore practice and hopefully Orton's timing gets better. That being said If he throws 3 more picks in game 2 I may start doing meth to escape.

DB_champ24
08-15-2009, 12:02 PM
Hahaha Montrose, your a cool guy. It was 1 game though, and a preseason game at that. I thought the team looked pretty decent and Orton's Picks can be cleaned up.

From what I saw in the game last night the Denver Broncos are a better team than the 49ers, the nerves just showed for us and thats ok, get it out during the preseason.

orinjkrush
08-15-2009, 12:24 PM
montrose, you may not know chit about chicks,
but your intuition re. the Broncos is usually good.

the main thing that impressed me last night was that they actually looked prepared in all 3 phases. except for Kyle's Post Interception Distress Disorder.

Tombstone RJ
08-15-2009, 12:32 PM
I agree with this. For example: Denver could've given Kyle another possession to throw another pick.

Agreed. :peace:

BroncoDoug
08-15-2009, 12:33 PM
Don't get to down on yourself montrose. It was one preseason game, and there are a lot of good things to build on in the coming weeks. Your boy smith is the real deal,so your alphonso tattoo shouldn't go to waste ;)

SoCalBronco
08-15-2009, 12:36 PM
Montrose is an AWESOME guy.....even though he is a huge McD homer. :)

summerdenver
08-15-2009, 12:40 PM

Or if Broncos followed Khan's advise and gave Orton an extension ......

summerdenver
08-15-2009, 12:42 PM
I like your passion for Borncos Montrose. I don't agree with your views for the most part but you are as passionate about the Broncos as any.

McDman
08-15-2009, 01:57 PM
Don't get to down on yourself montrose. It was one preseason game, and there are a lot of good things to build on in the coming weeks. Your boy smith is the real deal,so your alphonso tattoo shouldn't go to waste ;)

He should learn to get down on himself, he can't get laid!

Miss I.
08-15-2009, 02:10 PM
Good lord Montrose....you need to sink some pink soon or you will start sawing up b****es and putting their heads in your freezer when you are 45 years old.

It's hard to fathom that a kid your age would think he will never meet another girl or have another relationship in his life.

Holy Crap that's what I had tattooed down there when I got drunk in San Diego that one time?...

And Montrose, I have also sworn off women, though to be fair I was never on women, but for you, a fellow Bronco fan, I will promise to stay unencumbered from women.

As for the football stuff, I like what you post. Smart stuff and your passion for the team is great. But then again what do I know, I am only a recent convert to the Orange way of life...before this, well, oh damn, I own a Tony Gonzalez jersey from living in Kansas City...there I said it...So Montrose it could be worse you could be me...seriously, so much worse...Someday I will tell you the story of working at Superbowl XXXII and not knowing who was playing because at the time I only watched NCAA basketball...

lazarus4444
08-15-2009, 02:25 PM
montrose the best way for you to find a quality woman is to just work on yourself first and not worry about it. There is a plan for you and you will end up with a good one, just be patient. Most of all though, stop swearing off women and saying you'll never get laid. All you are doing is manifesting your fear of women and that is not helpful in finding a woman because you will be sabotaging yourself.

Once you do lose your virginity then you will see life differently. Once the first time happens your will to stave off women will be seriously depleted. That is not necessarily a bad thing though. Just stop manifesting all this negative stuffd and start thinking positive and good things will happen to you.

Laz

montrose
08-15-2009, 02:29 PM
montrose the best way for you to find a quality woman is to just work on yourself first and not worry about it. There is a plan for you and you will end up with a good one, just be patient. Most of all though, stop swearing off women and saying you'll never get laid. All you are doing is manifesting your fear of women and that is not helpful in finding a woman because you will be sabotaging yourself.

Once you do lose your virginity then you will see life through differently. Once the first time happens your will to stave off women will be seriously depleted. That is not necessarily a bad thing though. Just stop manifesting all this negative stuffd and start thinking positive and good things will happen to you.

Laz

I appreciate the sentiment, I really do. The reality is that 100% of men in the world do not find someone. I've come to accept that fact and trust me when I say I've found a great deal of peace since coming to my decision. Amazing how the mind works subconciously, but I have found myself become less and less physically attracted to women as well over the past few weeks since making my choice. It's almost like a super power :)

I have learned to be happy with myself and if that means remaining alone forever, so be it. My only regret is that I deeply want to be a father one day. I know the odds are stacked long against me as a single male but adoption is always an option.

McDman
08-15-2009, 02:34 PM
I appreciate the sentiment, I really do. The reality is that 100% of men in the world do not find someone. I've come to accept that fact and trust me when I say I've found a great deal of peace since coming to my decision. Amazing how the mind works subconciously, but I have found myself become less and less physically attracted to women as well over the past few weeks since making my choice. It's almost like a super power :)

I have learned to be happy with myself and if that means remaining alone forever, so be it. My only regret is that I deeply want to be a father one day. I know the odds are stacked long against me as a single male but adoption is always an option.

I don't understand why you've sworn women off. Are you gay? Have a major physical defect? Maybe a a fetus attached to your ribs?

C'mon man, even the ugliest of guys can get decent looking girls with a little amount of effort. If you put in any effort it will eventually pay off and you'll get a lady. Do you just clam up around girls?

TheDave
08-15-2009, 02:39 PM

Good Gawd man...

Ribbing you is about as fun as kicking a 3 legged blind dog with Alzheimer's.

Life is what you make of it... Choose to be alone you will be alone. Choose to be with someone you will be with someone.

Now stop the self defeating talk and do something before you find yourself up in a clock tower with a dead cat, a gun and bag of skittles.

tsiguy96
08-15-2009, 02:54 PM
I like your passion for Borncos Montrose. I don't agree with your views for the most part but you are as passionate about the Broncos as any.

i hate that people like you do nto agree with optimism. whats NOT to agree with, being excited for the team and hoping they do well is always 100% correct, refusing to look at the team like you guys do, like the team is always destined for failure and is never doing anything right, you cant go wrong doing that.

Blueflame
08-15-2009, 03:25 PM
A tad bit of perspective if I may, Montrose. In the grand scheme of things, it really doesn't matter all that much if the Broncos dropped a meaningless preseason game...that's not going to be significant for more than a couple of days. The focus will shift to the next preseason game and then the next, etc. until Opening Day. While none of us wants to see the Broncos lose (even if it is just preseason), that does fall into the category of "things we cannot change"... things we must learn to accept and move on. The sun will still come up tomorrow and the Mane will be in full celebration mode with the team's next win. Keep your chin up. :)

Pontius Pirate
08-15-2009, 03:34 PM

Dude. Lighten up.

Rock Chalk
08-15-2009, 05:02 PM
A tad bit of perspective if I may, Montrose. In the grand scheme of things, it really doesn't matter all that much if the Broncos dropped a meaningless preseason game...that's not going to be significant for more than a couple of days. The focus will shift to the next preseason game and then the next, etc. until Opening Day. While none of us wants to see the Broncos lose (even if it is just preseason), that does fall into the category of "things we cannot change"... things we must learn to accept and move on. The sun will still come up tomorrow and the Mane will be in full celebration mode with the team's next win. Keep your chin up. :)

I beg to differ Blue.

MOst years I would agree with you but this year, even in wins the Mane will inevitably bitch.

People are just dead set on hating McD and Orton that they wont even give them the chance.

Hopefully this tread only lasts a year but if we have a truly horrid season it will last much longer.

Rock Chalk
08-15-2009, 05:04 PM

There are 6 billion people in the world of which over half are women. Im sure you can find someone provided your junk works and/or you truly aren't gay.

watermock
08-15-2009, 06:23 PM

Just flop one over.

watermock
08-15-2009, 06:29 PM
i hate that people like you do nto agree with optimism. whats NOT to agree with, being excited for the team and hoping they do well is always 100% correct, refusing to look at the team like you guys do, like the team is always destined for failure and is never doing anything right, you cant go wrong doing that.

http://mycynicalpov.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/wtf.jpg

Los Broncos
08-15-2009, 10:09 PM
It was one game and we still have a long ways to go.

Just give it time man.

Blueflame
08-15-2009, 11:04 PM
I beg to differ Blue.

MOst years I would agree with you but this year, even in wins the Mane will inevitably b****.

People are just dead set on hating McD and Orton that they wont even give them the chance.

Hopefully this tread only lasts a year but if we have a truly horrid season it will last much longer.

In all candor, the Mane always melts down to some degree during and immediately after any loss. Sure, we do have more controversy/divided opinions than usual this offseason, but I honestly don't see anything wrong with this team that winning won't cure. I could be wrong, but that's one OM poster's opinion...

Broncoman13
08-15-2009, 11:07 PM
Holy Crap that's what I had tattooed down there when I got drunk in San Diego that one time?...

And Montrose, I have also sworn off women, though to be fair I was never on women, but for you, a fellow Bronco fan, I will promise to stay unencumbered from women.

As for the football stuff, I like what you post. Smart stuff and your passion for the team is great. But then again what do I know, I am only a recent convert to the Orange way of life...before this, well, oh damn, I own a Tony Gonzalez jersey from living in Kansas City...there I said it...So Montrose it could be worse you could be me...seriously, so much worse...Someday I will tell you the story of working at Superbowl XXXII and not knowing who was playing because at the time I only watched NCAA basketball...

I take great pride in fixing you!! btw, going to see your pops next week. You should warn him that I'm coming to say hello. ;)

watermock
08-15-2009, 11:07 PM
Why did you start a tread after you said you were gone>? Just curious.

Broncoman13
08-15-2009, 11:11 PM

My little sister used to say the same thing, now days...she is anxious to get stable so that she can have a child of her own. Do what you know buddy but don't make any decisions you HAVE to live with forever, you'll change your mind many times in the future. I have a wonderful wife and children and there were times before my marriage that I wondered the same thing. Not all women are evil... just all the ones that we know!! ;D Just kidding

Broncoman13
08-15-2009, 11:13 PM
a tad bit of perspective if i may, montrose. In the grand scheme of things, it really doesn't matter all that much if the broncos dropped a meaningless preseason game...that's not going to be significant for more than a couple of days. The focus will shift to the next preseason game and then the next, etc. Until opening day. While none of us wants to see the broncos lose (even if it is just preseason), that does fall into the category of "things we cannot change"... Things we must learn to accept and move on. The sun will still come up tomorrow and the mane will be in full celebration mode with the team's next win. Keep your chin up. :)

qft

hookemhess
08-15-2009, 11:19 PM
Dude, quit putting the p***Y on a pedestal. Go get a rub and tug or something.

But, seriously, worry about YOU first...and then they will come. Except in bed. Don't worry about you first. But you'll learn that. You know what I mean.

Blueflame
08-15-2009, 11:29 PM
Dude, quit putting the p***Y on a pedestal. Go get a rub and tug or something.

But, seriously, worry about YOU first...and then they will come. Except in bed. Don't worry about you first. But you'll learn that. You know what I mean.

Montrose and OSKIE are friends in real life; not just in cyberspace. Friends support their friends when they're hurting and that's all OSKIE is doing here (being a friend). I'd politely request that you respect that....

hookemhess
08-15-2009, 11:36 PM
Montrose and OSKIE are friends in real life; not just in cyberspace. Friends support their friends when they're hurting and that's all OSKIE is doing here (being a friend). I'd politely request that you respect that....

Montrose is putting his problems out there for all to see (maybe I missed something?)...And I was just giving the best advice I know, Broncos fan to Broncos fan... Don't treat women like some unattainable godly force, get a rub and tug if you need to release some poison, work on yourself first and foremost, and just let things happen. I've been through breakups, and it's tough getting back in the game. These are the things that I've found work.

Ratboy
08-15-2009, 11:41 PM
Good Gawd man...

Ribbing you is about as fun as kicking a 3 legged blind dog with Alzheimer's.

Life is what you make of it... Choose to be alone you will be alone. Choose to be with someone you will be with someone.

Now stop the self defeating talk and do something before you find yourself up in a clock tower with a dead cat, a gun and bag of skittles.

You nailed it.

His posts are making me depressed.

Is life really that bad? I don't know the extent to your problems, but it appears you still have friends (maybe family) that care a lot about you (montrose).

TheDave is 100% correct. You are thinking way too much. If I were you I would find a bunch of hobbies to keep your mind off your issues. If you feel these issues are not temporary, you need to talk to someone. Bottling up your emotions will worsen things.

Summary:
1) Quit thinking about your issues
2) Find hobbies
3) Talk to somebody about your problems

Ratboy
08-15-2009, 11:44 PM
Anyways, I think montrose is having the worst year in his life because of McDaniels. He is always defending McDaniels and trying to convince himself that he is the real deal.

:)

baja
08-15-2009, 11:49 PM
I think some of you guys should hang out with me for a while. ;D

Blueflame
08-15-2009, 11:56 PM
I think some of you guys should hang out with me for a while. ;D

Just the guys and not us ladies? *pouts* Ha!

baja
08-16-2009, 12:07 AM
Blue I'd be honored to hang with you any day (or night) of the week.

Killericon
08-16-2009, 12:07 AM
You thought that we shouldn't sign/trade for Marcus Stroud. What a world this would be if we had brought him in.

baja
08-16-2009, 12:08 AM
And the "D' cups has nothing to do with it. It's your mind I like. ;D

Blueflame
08-16-2009, 12:15 AM

:D Perhaps one day we'll both be at the same tailgate... if so, I get to buy the first beer. :thumbsup:

Blueflame
08-16-2009, 12:16 AM
and the "d' cups has nothing to do with it. It's your mind i like. ;d

;d ^5

Miss I.
08-16-2009, 02:25 AM

may I attend this meeting of the cups, I mean minds as well...:egbgb:

Blueflame
08-16-2009, 02:30 AM
may I attend this meeting of the cups, I mean minds as well...:egbgb:

Most definitely! :sunshine: