PDA

View Full Version : Official I always knew Orton sucked thread (Official)

Don Flamenco
08-15-2009, 12:14 AM
It's just been confirmed. It is indeed official:rofl:

TheDave
08-15-2009, 12:15 AM
I actually checked out a chicago message board after the game... they actually felt bad for us.

kamakazi_kal
08-15-2009, 12:19 AM
I actually checked out a chicago message board after the game... they actually felt bad for us.

Is it weird that I'm more pissed about that then the 3 picks out of 5 poss.

SureShot
08-15-2009, 12:19 AM

Thats soo sad.

Where are they ones who proclaimed KO to be better than Cutler?

Don Flamenco
08-15-2009, 12:21 AM
So can I be a Bronco fan again and still think Kyle Orton sucks?

kamakazi_kal
08-15-2009, 12:24 AM
Thats soo sad.

Where are they ones who proclaimed KO to be better than Cutler?

Man, their scripting an argument of coarse. Give it time ..... spell checker is a bitch.

baja
08-15-2009, 12:28 AM

In other news shanahan will not be coaching next season. he was laughing so hard watching the game he fell overboard and has yet to be found....

SureShot
08-15-2009, 12:29 AM
In other news shanahan will not be coaching next season. he was laughing so hard watching the game he fell overboard and has yet to be found....

Hopefully he didn't choke on his turkey sandwhich.

TheDave
08-15-2009, 12:30 AM

thats not funny... well maybe a little ;D

Broncos4tw
08-15-2009, 01:05 AM
This is hardly news to anyone with a brain who could, without bias, judge Orton on his talent, rather that what you really "hoped" he would do. He is average, at best. Said it before, and it's true.. he won't change his stripes. He'll sure as hell not carry any game on his shoulders, and we will not win a SB with him under center, unless our defense is say.. #1 in the league.

Mogulseeker
08-15-2009, 01:07 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rN3I0v0uXrY&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rN3I0v0uXrY&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

BroncoMan4ever
08-15-2009, 01:20 AM
give me a break. this is the 1st preseason game. the 1st time Orton is going against live competition with this team and offensive system and he is still building relationships with his receivers

this is not the game to judge the guy on. there are also a few good things to build upon. unlike Jay, he didn't get mopey and act like a child because things didn't go his way, he didn't sit alone away from his teammates, he is talking to his coach, he is working to correct the mistakes. i still believe he will be a good QB for us.

SureShot
08-15-2009, 01:23 AM
unlike Jay, he didn't get mopey and act like a child because things didn't go his way, he didn't sit alone away from his teammates, he is talking to his coach, he is working to correct the mistakes.

You are right he didn't get upset after throwing an interception he just proceeded to choke on his own vomit and threw two more.:spit:

Broncos4tw
08-15-2009, 01:30 AM
Oh please.. he is a supposed frigging Pro, against one the crappiest teams in the NFL. There are plenty of QBs.. even REAL rookies, who didn't choke as bad as Orton.

It has nothing to do with "building a relationship" with anyone. His vision sucks. There was a guy 2 yards off of our own in the endzone, and he DIDN'T SEE HIM. That has nothing to do with our receivers, it's all on Orton.

Ratboy
08-15-2009, 01:34 AM
You are right he didn't get upset after throwing an interception he just proceeded to choke on his own vomit and threw two more.:spit:

Hilarious.

SouthStndJunkie
08-15-2009, 02:05 AM
I had him ranked 32nd out of the starting QBs in a linked ranking poll that someone posted here well before the trade.

I just have never thought he was any good.

One preseason game is just that....one game....but I honestly think he is going to screw up at home, get booed out of Invesco, and his confidence will be shattered.

Maybe I will be proven wrong.

Jason in LA
08-15-2009, 02:06 AM
So can I be a Bronco fan again and still think Kyle Orton sucks?

I'm with you on that one. Just a couple days ago I said that he sucked and a few guys tried to run me out the damn thread.

We're doomed!

Cito Pelon
08-15-2009, 02:30 AM
I had him ranked 32nd out of the starting QBs in a linked ranking poll that someone posted here well before the trade.

I just have never thought he was any good.

One preseason game is just that....one game....but I honestly think he is going to screw up at home, get booed out of Invesco, and his confidence will be shattered.

Maybe I will be proven wrong.

Poor footwork. Dude is doomed from the start until he gets his footwork set. Dude never got his feet set from the snap. He's gonna have to buckle down and get the basics.

ZONA
08-15-2009, 04:07 AM
You have to look at this whole thing as a process people. Quit going ape shizzle over Orton having a bad preseason game. Nobody thinks Orton was or is the future of this team. Cutler wanted out so badly he wouldn't even talk with the guy who signs his checks. The team got 2 first round picks and a stop gap QB until Josh either grooms somebody like Brandstater or until we draft a top QB prospect in the draft. When this deal first went down, that's what all the talk was about. Could Orton hold the fort for a year or 2 until we groomed a guy or found ourselves in position to take a top prospect. The smart fans probably realize that we are at the very beginning of a rebuild here. Some things worthwhile take time to build.

I don't know what the future holds but I know Orton is not the long term answer and I don't think McD ever thought or thinks that now also. He simply is trying to work with what he has for now and I fully expect that he has much greater plans down the road to address the QB position.

elsid13
08-15-2009, 04:35 AM
I am still amazed at the lopping pass that turned into the 3rd INT. He had a little pressure but not enough for that pass, it was NCAA 10 QB sack like.

atomicbloke
08-15-2009, 04:45 AM
You have to look at this whole thing as a process people. Quit going ape shizzle over Orton having a bad preseason game. Nobody thinks Orton was or is the future of this team. Cutler wanted out so badly he wouldn't even talk with the guy who signs his checks. The team got 2 first round picks and a stop gap QB until Josh either grooms somebody like Brandstater or until we draft a top QB prospect in the draft. When this deal first went down, that's what all the talk was about. Could Orton hold the fort for a year or 2 until we groomed a guy or found ourselves in position to take a top prospect. The smart fans probably realize that we are at the very beginning of a rebuild here. Some things worthwhile take time to build.

I don't know what the future holds but I know Orton is not the long term answer and I don't think McD ever thought or thinks that now also. He simply is trying to work with what he has for now and I fully expect that he has much greater plans down the road to address the QB position.

Thanks to our genius coach's fetish with a midget CB, who the other 31 coaches were obviously too stupid to pick, the Seattle Seahawks should find their franchise QB in next year's draft...

I mean how friggin arrogant can a person be.....

elsid13
08-15-2009, 04:50 AM
Thanks to our genius coach's fetish with a midget CB, who the other 31 coaches were obviously too stupid to pick, the Seattle Seahawks should find their franchise QB in next year's draft...

I mean how friggin arrogant can a person be.....

There is good chance we could get very good QB in the 2nd round, the only one potential big time QB we miss with that Seattle trade is Sneed out of Old Miss. The other big names, McCoy and Bradford are very over-hyped because of were they play. I am more concerned that trade puts Denver out of reach of Berry, Mays, Cody or Dunlap.

footstepsfrom#27
08-15-2009, 06:39 AM
I thought Orton stunk when I saw him with the Bears, but I'm down with the idea of waiting longer to see what he does here with this system. Even a bum deserves another chance but I have to say though that this was not impressive. I agree with Elsid13 about that last INT...that had Jake Plummer written all over it. Maybe McD can work some magic with this guy, but it wouldn't shock me if Simms was the starter after all. I thought all along he might win the job. What surprised me is that Orton was named the starter so early in camp...like it was pre-designated.

I'm thinking we should watch a lot of Tim Tebow this year.

lex
08-15-2009, 06:51 AM
Right now, I bet the Bears fans are thinking "he is who we thought he was."

SportinOne
08-15-2009, 07:11 AM
It's bad enough that our team was hijacked by a young, arrogant, first-time head coach. What's worse is that our team was hijacked by a young, arrogant, first-time coach who has no idea what he is doing.

BTW, Orton does NOT have a strong arm. It's not terribly weak but when coupled with his slow release it just takes too long to get there. It's almost like Plummer all over again.. except Orton can't escape like the Snake could.

Look on the bright side, by the time we get to pick in our own 1st round slot, we will still be picking quite high..

TDmvp
08-15-2009, 07:14 AM
It's bad enough that our team was hijacked by a young, arrogant, first-time head coach. What's worse is that our team was hijacked by a young, arrogant, first-time coach who has no idea what he is doing.

BTW, Orton does NOT have a strong arm. It's not terribly weak but when coupled with his slow release it just takes too long to get there. It's almost like Plummer all over again.. except Orton can't escape like the Snake could.

Look on the bright side, by the time we get to pick in our own 1st round slot, we will still be picking quite high..

:thumbsup:

Yea he don't even know when to use time outs yet ... But hey he has never coached before not even pee wee .:D

Bronco_Beerslug
08-15-2009, 07:18 AM
Very amusing reading all the "I told you so's" on this board after one preseason game. If anyone thinks the direction we have been heading in for the last 10 years was the right one, you are foobared (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=foobar&defid=263007)!;D

TDmvp
08-15-2009, 07:21 AM
Very amusing reading all the "I told you so's" on this board after one preseason game. If anyone thinks the direction we have been heading in for the last 10 years was the right one, you are foobared (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=foobar&defid=263007)!;D

We only won more games I think , maybe 2nd to the Pats now then any team in football over the last 10 years ... Yea who the hell would want to do that LOL Hilarious!

Bronco_Beerslug
08-15-2009, 07:59 AM
We only won more games I think , maybe 2nd to the Pats now then any team in football over the last 10 years ... Yea who the hell would want to do that LOL Hilarious!1 win that counted over the last 10 years, yeah, that's impressive.

Gort
08-15-2009, 08:00 AM
the stupid cutler nuthuggers are out in force i see.

in November 2007, the year the Indiacrapolis team (I cannot call them the Colts since the Colts belong in Baltimore!) went 13-3, Peyton Manning threw 6 INTs against the Sparkies.

oh yeah, and those 6 INTs proved that Manning is a horrible QB and his team was lousy, huh?

anybody who thinks they can predict the outcome of the 2009 season based on the result of a pre-season game after only 2 weeks of training camp is as dumb as an obama voter.

could Orton have played better? yes.
is Orton the QB of the future? no.
is it the end of the world that he threw 3 INTs last night? NO.

get a grip and stop rooting for him to fail just because you can't let go of Cutler's nuts.

Punisher
08-15-2009, 08:02 AM
I'm going to call it here Orton will take the Broncos to the Playoffs :griese:

elsid13
08-15-2009, 08:06 AM
We had a very good QB that was drafted in the first round.

Yes we did, but that is in past and we have to look to the future.

TDmvp
08-15-2009, 08:08 AM
Yes we did, but that is in past and we have to look to the future.

http://sharetv.org/images/tales_from_the_darkside-show.jpg

BroncoMan4ever
08-15-2009, 11:49 AM

i'm not saying it was good that he threw the picks, but it is better that he do it now as opposed to in a month.

he is a good leader, and it was obvious on that 1st drive that he has all the tools necessary to lead this offense and do it well. 3 mistakes, 2 of which were just miscommunications between him and his receiver, and the other was a good play on the ball by Bly.

point i am making the miscommunications will be corrected, he will get better as he spends more time learning the system and getting better acquainted with his receivers.

don't jump all over the guy after his 1st preseason game. give him a break, his good qualities far outweigh the bad.

BroncoMan4ever
08-15-2009, 11:54 AM
We only won more games I think , maybe 2nd to the Pats now then any team in football over the last 10 years ... Yea who the hell would want to do that LOL Hilarious!

wow, regular season wins are great, except who gives a **** about regular season wins, when you only have 1 playoff win in a decade, or when you miss the playoffs 3 consecutive years, or when your coach breaks apart a Championship Game team to fit your rookie QB instead of tinkering with that team to make it Super Bowl quality.

who gives a **** if we have that many regular season wins, if you can't win in the postseason.

RhymesayersDU
08-15-2009, 11:58 AM

in November 2007, the year the Indiacrapolis team (I cannot call them the Colts since the Colts belong in Baltimore!) went 13-3, Peyton Manning threw 6 INTs against the Sparkies.

oh yeah, and those 6 INTs proved that Manning is a horrible QB and his team was lousy, huh?

anybody who thinks they can predict the outcome of the 2009 season based on the result of a pre-season game after only 2 weeks of training camp is as dumb as an obama voter.

get a grip and stop rooting for him to fail just because you can't let go of Cutler's nuts.

While I love your Obama comment, here's why your analogy doesn't work.

Peyton Manning has a proven track record as one of the best QBs to ever play the game. Orton does not.

The minute Orton earns that pedigree, then you can make that analogy. That's like saying "Elway threw interceptions, too! Therefore, Elway = Orton!" It doesn't work that way.

Don Flamenco
08-15-2009, 12:31 PM
I'm with you on that one. Just a couple days ago I said that he sucked and a few guys tried to run me out the damn thread.

We're doomed!

Not only doooomed! We're also not Bronco fans anymore! :D

Ambiguous
08-15-2009, 12:52 PM

Well I'm sold. Orton can throw just as many interceptions, so naturally he is the second coming of Peyton Manning. :thumbsup:

Ambiguous
08-15-2009, 12:53 PM
Not only doooomed! We're also not Bronco fans anymore! :D

But can we still boo Orton at home? I might stay on just for that.