PDA

View Full Version : Is knowshon hurt?

dad10ant
08-14-2009, 10:47 PM
I know he got hurt and left the game, but i dont know how bad it is. does anyone know?

SureShot
08-14-2009, 10:48 PM
Torn MCL

SureShot
08-14-2009, 10:48 PM
I'm speculating of course

Br0nc0Buster
08-14-2009, 10:49 PM
Schefter said it was a sprained knee

They wont know the severity until they get an MRI though

spdirty
sprained knee mri tomorrow.

Rabb
knee sprain is what they are calling it, which will mean a mild tear at least more than likely

MRI to come...kinda' makes the 3 picks seem like a good day doesn't it

rastaman
08-14-2009, 10:54 PM
Oh boy the running back curse of injuries continue......we are freaking JINXS.

footstepsfrom#27
08-14-2009, 10:56 PM
I had a feeling about this...posted on the other thread I didn't want to see him play tonight on this hard field and without being in game shape. Let's hope it's minor.

dad10ant
08-14-2009, 10:56 PM
not jinxed... we are mcdumbassed!

watermock
08-14-2009, 10:57 PM
Nice how he was obviously injured and they hand it off to him again....

Loved the bubble screen under 2 mins.

SureShot
08-14-2009, 11:09 PM
Oh boy the running back curse of injuries continue......we are freaking JINXS.

Just drop the J and we are freaking INXS!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/luobOzreRq4&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/luobOzreRq4&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

chaz
08-14-2009, 11:11 PM
the dreaded knee injury called a "sprain" pre-MRI....not typically good.

MrPeepers
08-14-2009, 11:13 PM
in my experience the less painful it looks the worse it is. cross your figures. he walked off and just adjusted the knee pad, maybe he never felt the tear? didnt look bad at all, but it doesnt have to.

Premier-Ace55
08-14-2009, 11:19 PM
It really doesn't matter if we don't fix this QB situation teams are going to just stack the box against our RB's anyways. I really hope that he is okay though

BroncoDoug
08-14-2009, 11:33 PM
and he got hurt on the INT play trying to tackle the returner.... TD anyone?

Broncoman13
08-14-2009, 11:37 PM

No he was hurt on his second run... just watched it again and again. Nothing unusual about the run, just an out of shape player that should have been pulled after a couple runs. Here's what's going down right now:

11:32 ET
Broncos RB Knowshon Moreno hurt his right knee in the second quarter and Denver coach Josh McDaniels is facing scrutiny that he might have left him in for a play after the injury.

ton80
08-14-2009, 11:38 PM

I'm pretty sure he got hurt on a running play. He played a few plays after that too.

BroncoDoug
08-14-2009, 11:53 PM
I'm pretty sure he got hurt on a running play. He played a few plays after that too.

I know I know.... Just trying to stir something up i guess. carry on

TheDave
08-14-2009, 11:53 PM
Unfortunately, even if this isn't serious this is going to keep him out of shape and on the bench for the first part of the seasson... ****.

KevinJames
08-14-2009, 11:54 PM
No he was hurt on his second run... just watched it again and again. Nothing unusual about the run, just an out of shape player that should have been pulled after a couple runs. Here's what's going down right now:

11:32 ET
Broncos RB Knowshon Moreno hurt his right knee in the second quarter and Denver coach Josh McDaniels is facing scrutiny that he might have left him in for a play after the injury.

yeah he took a blow to the knee on that run, didn't look to bad but he came up limping and stayed in for a play after that and I don't know honestly it could be bad but it didn't look bad.....

hopefully its a mild injury and nothing that keeps him out long.

but knee sprains are always scary.

BroncoDoug
08-14-2009, 11:55 PM
yeah, it really doesn't sound good no matter how severe it is... But this is football and people get hurt, thats why you hope to have depth...

AZBroncomaniac
08-15-2009, 12:00 AM
Just drop the J and we are freaking INXS!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/luobOzreRq4&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/luobOzreRq4&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

You're on fire tonight!!!! Good stuff, thanks for the great laughs!!!

Popps
08-15-2009, 12:09 AM
McDaniels is going to have to learn that Hillis should be getting carries. He's going to try to be too cute with him at at first, but I suspect Hillis will eventually give McD no choice but to feed him the ball.

Stay tuned.

anton
08-15-2009, 12:15 AM
whats the average time missed for a sprained knee?

TheDave
08-15-2009, 12:18 AM

depends on what ligament(s) are sprained... typical is 4-6 weeks

footstepsfrom#27
08-15-2009, 12:20 AM
depends on what ligament(s) are sprained... typical is 4-6 weeks
If that happens, the decision to play him before being in shape is going to get second guessed a whole lot.

Man-Goblin
08-15-2009, 12:22 AM
Schefter said on twitter that it is at least a tear. Bad, depressing news.

montrose
08-15-2009, 12:23 AM

As I understand it, a sprain is a tear - just a question of severity. In my uneducated opinion, it's either an MCL which is 2-4 weeks or an ACL which is the season. Can anyone else confirm?

TheDave
08-15-2009, 12:23 AM

In fairness, a sprian is a tear... hoprefully it isn't a significant tear.

TheDave
08-15-2009, 12:25 AM
As I understand it, a sprain is a tear - just a question of severity. In my uneducated opinion, it's either an MCL which is 2-4 weeks or an ACL which is the season. Can anyone else confirm?

Considering he had trouble planting and driving after he was hurt... my guess is mcl or pcl.

But that is nothing more than a guess... could be anything.

footstepsfrom#27
08-15-2009, 12:37 AM
In fairness, a sprian is a tear... hoprefully it isn't a significant tear.
I've had 7 knee injuries. There's no such thing as an insignificant tear.

Doggcow
08-15-2009, 12:38 AM
So I guess the bad RB mojo is still with us. ****. Are you ****ing kidding me?

TheDave
08-15-2009, 12:38 AM
I've had 7 knee injuries. There's no such thing as an insignificant tear.

look, I'm trying to be optimistic here... :approve:

Broncosfreak_56
08-15-2009, 12:39 AM

DBroncos4life
08-15-2009, 12:39 AM
awesome

BroncoDoug
08-15-2009, 12:40 AM
really isn't a whole lot more to say at this point other then **************!

DBroncos4life
08-15-2009, 12:53 AM
if our first round pick blew out his knee in a **** preseason game because a rookie HC left him in then ****ING MOTHER ****ING FIRE HIS GOD DAMN ****ING ASS AT GET SOMEONE IN HERE THAT KNOWS WHAT TO ****ING DO.

SureShot
08-15-2009, 12:55 AM
if our first round pick blew out his knee in a **** preseason game because a rookie HC left him in then ****ING MOTHER ****ING FIRE HIS GOD DAMN ****ING ASS AT GET SOMEONE IN HERE THAT KNOWS WHAT TO ****ING DO.

I think the alcohol is kicking in, but when you're right you're right.

R8R H8R
08-15-2009, 12:59 AM

FWIIW, I know that Schefter is God on this board, and many times he is, but Alan Roach was in the locker room and told "Lou from Littleton" that Moreno didn't have ice on the knee or use crutches, and the whispers are that it is a knee bruise. But obviously, the MRI will confirm the truth. Let's hope for the lessor of the two.

Br0nc0Buster
08-15-2009, 12:59 AM
Ill be pissed the **** off if he tore his ACL

That is some bull****

Br0nc0Buster
08-15-2009, 01:00 AM
FWIIW, I know that Schefter is God on this board, and many times he is, but Alan Roach was in the locker room and told "Lou from Littleton" that Moreno didn't have ice on the knee or use crutches, and the whispers are that it is a knee bruise. But obviously, the MRI will confirm the truth. Let's hope for the lessor of the two.

lets hope
he looked good in limited time

kamakazi_kal
Man I hope not. Did anyone notice they only ran ZBS with moreno and hillis?

TheDave

I sincerly hope that is the case...

azbroncfan
08-15-2009, 01:01 AM
Man I hope not. Did anyone notice they only ran ZBS with moreno and hillis?

All two carries moreno recieved? Granted he looked pretty good in those carries but they need to run him into some success.

DBroncos4life
08-15-2009, 01:02 AM
I think the alcohol is kicking in, but when you're right you're right.

**** yeah Ive been drinking. I can deal with a poor outing by Orton but if we lose our RB then I will be ****ing pissed.

R8R H8R
08-15-2009, 01:03 AM
I sincerly hope that is the case...

You and me both.

SureShot
08-15-2009, 01:03 AM

First off Lou from Littleton is a Ra-tard, second I think any trainer would ice any kind of contusion so that doesn't tell me anything. Didn't O Gary play a quarter with a torn ACL?

DBroncos4life
08-15-2009, 01:06 AM
First off Lou from Littleton is a Ra-tard, second I think any trainer would ice any kind of contusion so that doesn't tell me anything. Didn't O Gary play a quarter with a torn ACL?

Gary did but I also think Gary played with the mind set that he couldn't be taken out or he wouldn't be put back in.

R8R H8R
08-15-2009, 01:17 AM

I don't care if Lou is a "Ra-tard" or a genius, nor do I know what a trainer would or should do. And what Gary did in a game many years ago is irrelevant to this situation.

What I am saying is that a guy that was actually in the locker room after the game told a radio personality that it may have been a bruise, but the MRI will confirm.

If you want to believe the worse, so be it. I choose to be optimistic until confirmed, one way or the other.

Baba Booey
08-15-2009, 02:09 AM
You have got to be ****ing kidding me.

CSU Husker
08-15-2009, 03:53 AM

Left him in? It happened on his second carry. So you are saying that McDaniels was wrong in leaving him in AFTER ONE CARRY? LMFAO!!!!

meangene
08-15-2009, 04:40 AM
We will be solid at RB with Hillis starting and Buckhalter and Jordan backing him up if it comes to that. If we lose Hillis, then we are ****ed!

Rabb
08-15-2009, 05:43 AM
Left him in? It happened on his second carry. So you are saying that McDaniels was wrong in leaving him in AFTER ONE CARRY? LMFAO!!!!

that is what I was just thinking

of course, people are going to pin everything on the coach no matter what

slyinky
08-15-2009, 07:02 AM
Remember Ki-Jana Carter? The #1 overall pick in 1995 tore his ACL on his third carry of his first ever preseason game. Finished with just over 1,000 yards for his whole career... Just sayin'.

BowlenBall
08-15-2009, 07:06 AM
Remember Ki-Jana Carter? The #1 overall pick in 1995 tore his ACL on his third carry of his first ever preseason game. Finished with just over 1,000 yards for his whole career... Just sayin'.

Sigh... I think this is one of the main reasons that Shanny was so averse to taking a running back in the 1st round. Sometimes it works out well, but more often than not, they are out of the league in 3-4 years due to the extreme punishment that you take playing that position.

Let's hope that our boy is more Emmit Smith than Ki-Jana Carter, and everything will be A-OK tomorrow....

lex
08-15-2009, 07:06 AM

If the guy is hurt, he shouldnt be playing, whether thats after one carry or 20. And while Ive seen comments that people dont think it mattered in terms of worsening the injury, the fact is, no one knows this. Moreno staying in could have worsened the injury for all anyone knows at this point. For all anyone knows, it could have made the difference between being out a week or two to being out the season. Again, its simply not known at this point but a lot of the comments downplaying the significance of keeping him in there is living in denial.

TDmvp
08-15-2009, 07:15 AM

Points to his location ... Please don't mention Ki-jana ...

rastaman
08-15-2009, 07:23 AM
So I guess the bad RB mojo is still with us. ****. Are you ****ing kidding me?

Its too early to tell about the bad Mojo as far as injuries go to our RBs. But its happened to Torain and Moreno so far. I'll go on record that if we loose Hillis to injury btwn pre-season and week 8 of the regular season....THEN YES WE ARE CURSED!!!!

And we haven't even begun to deal with the possible QB curse b/c we traded CUTLER......

This shiiiit is going to get ugly folks......I'm in no mood for a 3 year rebuilding process!!

THANKS ALOT BOWLEN YOU GUTLESS DRUNK!!!!!

rastaman
08-15-2009, 07:32 AM
I was so hoping McD would have been to find a way to get Cassel this season or next season. I mean afterall the Cassel talks over the phone is what caused Cutler to want to traded! McD needed Cassel like Shanny needed Elway for success.

McD has got to find a highly intelligent/skilled Franchise QB or he won't be successful in Denver over the next two years....plain and simple.

The horrible fact is, to get a top 5 Franchise QB coming out of the draft we fans must possible endure 2 consecutive 4 or 5 win season.......that ain't going to be pretty.

TDmvp
08-15-2009, 07:36 AM
I was so hoping McD would have been to find a way to get Cassel this season or next season. I mean afterall the Cassel talks over the phone is what caused Cutler to want to traded! McD needed Cassel like Shanny needed Elway for success.

McD has got to find a highly intelligent/skilled Franchise QB or he won't be successful in Denver over the next two years....plain and simple.

The horrible fact is, to get a top 5 Franchise QB coming out of the draft we fans must possible endure 2 consecutive 4 or 5 win season.......that ain't going to be pretty.

Hilarious!

Child Please ... to quote Ocho ...

Rulon Velvet Jones
08-15-2009, 07:46 AM
Its too early to tell about the bad Mojo as far as injuries go to our RBs. But its happened to Torain and Moreno so far. I'll go on record that if we loose Hillis to injury btwn pre-season and week 8 of the regular season....THEN YES WE ARE CURSED!!!!

And we haven't even begun to deal with the possible QB curse b/c we traded CUTLER......

This shiiiit is going to get ugly folks......I'm in no mood for a 3 year rebuilding process!!

Calm down, Veruca.

Punisher
08-15-2009, 07:51 AM
so how long is he out?Does anyone have a link?

lex
08-15-2009, 07:53 AM
so how long is he out?Does anyone have a link?

They were doing an MRI today. Im not sure its known yet.

Pony Boy
08-15-2009, 07:58 AM
This why you don't use a first round pick on a RB, too, too much of a risk, plenty of solid RB's in the 3rd and 4th rounds.

Punisher
08-15-2009, 08:00 AM
They were doing an MRI today. Im not sure its known yet.

Yea found a link. I Pray to the many Gods that hes ready for week one

Knowshon Moreno left the game with a sprained knee, according to CBS4Denver, which broadcast the game locally. Moreno will have an MRI Saturday. The Broncos would be devastated if Moreno, who was effective when he played, had to miss significant playing time. If it is just a sprain, Moreno should be ready for the start of the regular season.

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afcwest/0-3-2634/Denver-notes--Simms-looks-good--Moreno-hurt.html

elsid13
08-15-2009, 08:04 AM

Next season there are a number of good QB that will be available in the late 1st early 2nd region of the draft.

Pony Boy
08-15-2009, 08:15 AM
Next season there are a number of good QB that will be available in the late 1st early 2nd region of the draft.

Too bad we won't have a shot at Bradford or McCoy next year with the pick we will get from Chicago :confuzzle

Punisher
08-15-2009, 08:19 AM
Too bad we won't have a shot at Bradford or McCoy next year with the pick we will get from Chicago :confuzzle

We might get a shot because Chi-Town will finish 3rd in there division.

1.Viks
2.Green Bay
3.Bears
4.Lions

elsid13
08-15-2009, 08:26 AM

I am kinda glad that X and McDaniels don't. I found both of them over-hyped and think don't project well as QBs in NFL. They are very good college QBs, but I think that playing on teams that so much physical better then their opponents makes folks think they are better then they are. When you have 6 to 8 seconds to throw due to very good offense lines and play in spread offense that makes a lot of folks believe that they are better then then are for the pro-game. I am more pissed off that we don't have a chance at Berry, Mays, Dunlap or Cody. All are major play makers that project as solid starters in the league.

BTW my pro QB current list

1. Snead (top 5)
2. Hiller WMU (15 to 32 range)
3. Bradford (mid 2nd)
4. Dan LeFevour (mid to late 2nd)
5. McCoy (3rd round)
6. Rusty Smith (3rd to 4th)
7. Pike (4th to 5th)
8. Juice Williams (5th to 7th)
9. Clausen (ND) (2nd/3rd on physical talent, but later if doesn't improve decision making)
10. Tebow (late 2nd/early 3rd if the wildcat stays in vague)

Also if Locker (WU) learns the pro style game under Steve Sarkisian I could see him being a solid 3rd rounder that would be extremely interesting

Lolad
08-15-2009, 08:36 AM

No.. it was not 1 carry. He got injured on his second carry. After the 2nd INT he came back in and played the 3rd series. The pass play that Orton got picked off when he tried to throw long, Moreno is the RB that got called for the chop block.

underrated29
08-15-2009, 09:24 AM
tough crowd here....

We did have a franchise QB- but we chased him off.

And we did NOT waste a 1st rd pick on a RB. We did exactly what we should have done. All you RB haters are going to be converts and riding Knowshons jock all the way until the end of the year.

Que
08-15-2009, 09:25 AM

Simma Down Nah...

Broncoman13
08-15-2009, 09:33 AM
With our luck, I wouldn't be surprised if it was an ACL injury. That is just our luck and I can't expect anything better at this point.

But, watching the play over and over and over... It does look like it would be a bruise and not a tearing type injury. It looked like he banged the knee rather than tearing something. I'm guessing he'll be out two weeks and be able to play in the pre-season finale.

More importantly, what is McD going to do about the QB position. The best thing that could have possibly happened to Orton last night is that he sucked away from Denver. Had he been in Mile High, it would have been terribly ugly.

cousinal11
08-15-2009, 09:39 AM
With our luck, I wouldn't be surprised if it was an ACL injury. That is just our luck and I can't expect anything better at this point.

But, watching the play over and over and over... It does look like it would be a bruise and not a tearing type injury. It looked like he banged the knee rather than tearing something. I'm guessing he'll be out two weeks and be able to play in the pre-season finale.

More importantly, what is McD going to do about the QB position. The best thing that could have possibly happened to Orton last night is that he sucked away from Denver. Had he been in Mile High, it would have been terribly ugly.

That's what I thought. Maybe hyperextended?

fdf
08-15-2009, 09:41 AM
McDaniels is going to have to learn that Hillis should be getting carries. He's going to try to be too cute with him at at first, but I suspect Hillis will eventually give McD no choice but to feed him the ball.

Stay tuned.

For some reason, Hillis is the last choice of every coach and outperforms everyone else.

Sucks about Moreno. He cut beautifully on his first run.

underrated29
08-15-2009, 10:01 AM
For some reason, Hillis is the last choice of every coach and outperforms everyone else.

Sucks about Moreno. He cut beautifully on his first run.

I dont think so. I think he is like our not so secret weapon. We make is seem like he is 3rd stinger rb, 1st team FB. But when the real games come along he and Knoshon are going to chewing up defenses left and right.

Knowhon comes in games, runs for yards and tds and tires the defense out, while they chase him around. And then in the late 3rd/4th. Hillis comes in and does exactly what Mcdaniels said he wants to do. Beat up opposing defenses. Once they are all tired of chasing knowshon, hillis comes in and just beats the piss out of them.

footstepsfrom#27
08-15-2009, 10:04 AM

I think it's entirely legitimate to ask whether it was a good idea to play a guy who just walked into camp a few days later, especially when we knew he was going to be on the team. It's not like he was fighting for a job and had to get seen by the coaches. I think they should have waited till next week to let him get into game shape.

azbroncfan
08-15-2009, 10:32 AM

Lou from Littleton is a complete homer that just uses stats for arguments. I have called him up a couple times after some bad losses to SD and he was excited and hopeful spitting out empty stats.

azbroncfan
08-15-2009, 10:37 AM
We might get a shot because Chi-Town will finish 3rd in there division.

1.Viks
2.Green Bay
3.Bears
4.Lions

Remember Seattle gets the lower of the two draft picks next year. I guess there is a chance that both Denver and Chicago suck and both have top 10 picks. If Cutler goes down Chicago will suck for sure with no proven backup QB.

mhgaffney
08-15-2009, 11:15 AM
Moreno's injury is the least of Denver's problems.

Steve Prefontaine
08-15-2009, 11:25 AM
Jesus, calm down everyone. Moreno can't be seriously injured.

They've been stretching a lot in training camp!!!!!!!!!

NFLBRONCO
08-15-2009, 11:27 AM
Remember Seattle gets the lower of the two draft picks next year. I guess there is a chance that both Denver and Chicago suck and both have top 10 picks. If Cutler goes down Chicago will suck for sure with no proven backup QB.

No Seattle gets our pick not the Bears pick.

Broncosfreak_56
08-15-2009, 11:30 AM
Moreno's injury is the least of Denver's problems.

False.

El Guapo
08-15-2009, 11:30 AM
Good thing we signed Marcus Thomas. I know that sounds like a joke, but he played for my college team. I want to see him play, but not at the cost of having Knowshon injured. Hopefully he is alright.

DBroncos4life
08-15-2009, 11:31 AM
Jesus, calm down everyone. Moreno can't be seriously injured.

They've been stretching a lot in training camp!!!!!!!!!

ha :rofl:

azbroncfan
08-15-2009, 11:32 AM
No Seattle gets our pick not the Bears pick.

I thought they got the lower of the two?

TheDave
08-15-2009, 11:33 AM
I thought they got the lower of the two?

nope...

WolfpackGuy
08-15-2009, 11:34 AM
Seattle gets Denver's natural 2010 first rounder which will be a top 5.

azbroncfan
08-15-2009, 11:40 AM

Yep just like a couple years ago when everyone was bitching that Denver didn't trade with Cleveland so they could draft quinn and would be guaranteed a top 5 pick in the draft. Seriously if Cutler gets hurt the Bears will be terrible.

Steve Sewell
08-15-2009, 11:52 AM

Tom (Lou from Littleton) is one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet. You may not like his style but I think it's a little class-less to call someone you don't know a retard.

Doggcow
08-15-2009, 11:55 AM
Knowshon popped it on his 2nd run. So anyone bitching that he was in there too long is stupid.

I blame Knowshon's agent if this lingers and ruins his career.

Broncobiv
08-15-2009, 12:15 PM
Anyone know when the MRI is supposed to take place today, or when we should hear some news on the severity?

lostknight
08-15-2009, 12:22 PM
Tom (Lou from Littleton) is one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet. You may not like his style but I think it's a little class-less to call someone you don't know a retard.

You do realize that this is orangemane right? Bowlen's a drunk, Cutler's a crybaby, Marshalls a asshat and anyone who disagrees with me is a ****ing clueless asshole.

WolfpackGuy
08-15-2009, 12:24 PM
It's past noon in Denver.
What's the dealio with the results of the morning MRI?

R8R H8R
08-15-2009, 12:39 PM
Lou from Littleton is a complete homer that just uses stats for arguments. I have called him up a couple times after some bad losses to SD and he was excited and hopeful spitting out empty stats.

I honestly have no idea what that has to do with my post that Alan Roach(who was in the locker room) told Lou from Littleton that Moreno was not on crutches after the game, nor was he icing it down. He (Roach) said that the thought was it may have been just a knee bruise.

Now Roach may be wrong after the MRI comes out, but Lou's homerism is irrelevant.

Bronco Yoda
08-15-2009, 12:39 PM
Greek just called.... He said he rubbed some dirt on it and all will be fine!

end of story

rastaman
08-17-2009, 02:32 PM
Calm down, Veruca.

Scares the living hell out of you.....doesn't it! We could see some bad JU JU befall this organization and we blame it all on what transpired btwn Dec - Mar 2009.

Beantown Bronco
08-17-2009, 02:50 PM
Seriously if Cutler gets hurt the Bears will be terrible.

Yeah, and judging by what I saw on Friday, if Royal gets hurt the Broncos might not win a single game.

ScottXray
08-17-2009, 03:17 PM
Injuries can derail ANY team. If Brady goes down again this year who will take over there? He Who Shall Not Be Named , Royal , Marshall are all examples of key players that would have a severe negative impact if they went down. Adrian Peterson, LT, Roid boy (chargers) are others.

But if you have a "system" in place that doesn't put TOO much emphasis on
any ONE guy, and the overall talent level is adequate you can survive it without dropping off too much, and still win. NE did that last year, although
they ended up not making the playoffs. Tough break for them (and us the year WE ended up out after a 11-5 record too), but thats the rules.

Actually I think that we may just have found enough receiver talent that losing either Royal or Marshall this year may not have that much effect. Both would be a disaster.

Tombstone RJ
08-17-2009, 03:35 PM
Injuries can derail ANY team. If Brady goes down again this year who will take over there? He Who Shall Not Be Named , Royal , Marshall are all examples of key players that would have a severe negative impact if they went down. Adrian Peterson, LT, Roid boy (chargers) are others.

But if you have a "system" in place that doesn't put TOO much emphasis on
any ONE guy, and the overall talent level is adequate you can survive it without dropping off too much, and still win. NE did that last year, although
they ended up not making the playoffs. Tough break for them (and us the year WE ended up out after a 11-5 record too), but thats the rules.

Actually I think that we may just have found enough receiver talent that losing either Royal or Marshall this year may not have that much effect. Both would be a disaster.

Almost every year it seems like some WR makes a name for himself in TC. This year it's McKinley and to a lesser extent Lloyd.

Dare I say neither will be effective come regular season?

Gaffney may be good but if he's opposite Stokely I think this team is in for a long season. BMarsh is the glue that will hold the WR corps together. Add a healthy Royal to the equation and this is the deepest WR group in the NFL.

However, if both Royal and Bmarsh go down with injury, yah, not good...

lex
08-17-2009, 03:43 PM
He better be good to go. I have Rockwell on my fantasy teams.

colonelbeef
08-17-2009, 04:44 PM
Sigh... I think this is one of the main reasons that Shanny was so averse to taking a running back in the 1st round. Sometimes it works out well, but more often than not, they are out of the league in 3-4 years due to the extreme punishment that you take playing that position.

Let's hope that our boy is more Emmit Smith than Ki-Jana Carter, and everything will be A-OK tomorrow....

First thing that comes to mind. This is exactly the reason taking a RB in the 1st round is such a huge risk.

Even the good ones generally don't have very long careers. Better to build up a spectacular line, a good complement of receivers, a QB that can move around and stretch the field, a FB that can catch the ball as well as pound it, and then take gambles with lower picks, low round RBs work out as often as they don't.

rastaman
08-20-2009, 05:02 PM
First thing that comes to mind. This is exactly the reason taking a RB in the 1st round is such a huge risk.

Even the good ones generally don't have very long careers. Better to build up a spectacular line, a good complement of receivers, a QB that can move around and stretch the field, a FB that can catch the ball as well as pound it, and then take gambles with lower picks, low round RBs work out as often as they don't.

Great observation.

Karenin
08-20-2009, 05:41 PM

How much do you want to bet?