PDA

View Full Version : denvers defense 08...

tsiguy96
08-13-2009, 09:58 PM
quoting buckingbronco33 from BM:

Do you all know Denver gave up the least points in the 1st quarter in the NFL?

Raiders 0 points first quarter........14 rest of the game
Chargers 3 ...... 35
Saints 3 ..........29
Chiefs 6 ..........27
Bucs... 3 .........10
Jaguars 3 .........21
Pats 6..........35
Dolphins 13......... 13 The defense didnt give it up, it was an int return.
Browns 7...........23 First TD the defense let up in first quarter all year.
Falcons 3............17
Raiders 0............31
Jets 7............10 Second TD given up by defense all year in the first
Chiefs 10............7 Poopy pants threw another INT returned forTD
Panthers 10...........20 3rd TD given up by defense in 1st.
Bills 0............30
Chargers 10...........42 The team gave up. 4th TD given up by defense.

So, they gave up 4 defensive TDs in the first quarter all year. That led the NFL. I mean the last Charger game was a joke from the beginning really.

What does that say to you? It tells me, they had the talent. They came out and looked good in just about every game. Then teams made adjustments and the Denver coaching didnt.

Read over that last paragraph again.

Some of you still wanted Slowik back? You all still have this notion that the talent was just sooo awful? Maybe it wasnt after all.

very interesting. wasnt just the defense either, the offense started strong and finished flat.

Merlin
08-13-2009, 10:04 PM
What makes the post so credible is how much of that personnel was kept. Yeah, they sure were a talented bunch.

DBroncos4life
08-13-2009, 10:05 PM
What makes the post so credible is how much of that personnel was kept. Yeah, they sure were a talented bunch.

not only that how many of them are not in the NFL right now.

KevinJames
08-13-2009, 10:34 PM
They were bad but they were made even worse by offensive troubles

it was a journeymen filled defense that made some plays but were really exposed in the secondary and d-line.

I think tho they were a 20-25 defense more than a 30-32 defense had we not been so bad offensively taking care of the football and giving up field position.

tsiguy96
08-13-2009, 10:35 PM

pay less attention to his analysis and more attention to waht the main part of the post is saying. why did the team start so strong but fade so quickly? conditioning, scheming?

kamakazi_kal
08-14-2009, 12:18 AM
pay less attention to his analysis and more attention to waht the main part of the post is saying. why did the team start so strong but fade so quickly? conditioning, scheming?

ummmm .... how about getting run the **** over. That small DL started strong with quickness but pure power took over as the game wore on.

DivineLegion
08-14-2009, 12:47 AM
We had no running game so we forced teams to pass on our ****ty secondary after we started racking up insane yardage.

Three fundamentals in Football...

1. Control the Clock
2. Don't turn the Ball over
3. Maintain a balanced offense

We failed all three.

We averaged 28 min in TOP
Averaged 1.9 Turnovers a game
And we were the 12th best Running team in the league averaging 24.2 rush's a game while we attempted almost 39 (38.8) passes a game.

Just to put last years secondary in perspective...

We were the second worst team in the league in passes defended, and Interceptions. Overall we were the 7th worst team in Reciving yardage, and 16th in TDs.

All of this while being 8th in interceptions thrown and Fumbles lost.

Thats why we brought in a Coach who's doing his absolute best to coach up a young team on the Fundamentals of football. I look forward to a much improved Broncos team in 2009. Granted we might not win as many games because of our schedule, I'm willing to bet were more competitive and give teams fits.