PDA

View Full Version : Vick signs with eagles!

JCMElway
08-13-2009, 05:32 PM
Link to come....

per chris Mortensen

thumpc
08-13-2009, 05:33 PM
That's perfect!

Broncosfreak_56
08-13-2009, 05:33 PM
Wow. Just heard on ESPN.

Cmac821
08-13-2009, 05:34 PM
Beat me to it

Doggcow
Weird

Hogan11
Ha! Suckers

ward63
you win....just saw it

thumpc
Jaws agrees, great fit! "But Donovan is not going to be happy!"

Garcia Bronco
Good move.

orinjkrush
Go EagleS@@@@@~!!!!!!!

bETTER THAN ANY O\THER nfc TEAM....!!1

@whooohg@oo@o@

JCMElway
08-13-2009, 05:35 PM
Wow, that scumbag Vick might actually get a SB ring.

iDENVER
08-13-2009, 05:35 PM
wow

Garcia Bronco
08-13-2009, 05:36 PM
Jaws agrees, great fit! "But Donovan is not going to be happy!"

He's not there to beat out McNabb. And he can't. And while they were college rivals with Vick getting the better of him, I think it's safe to say McNabb is ahead of curve

OBF1
08-13-2009, 05:37 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4397938

Good for him, A real weapon for them to use.

Bronco Boy
08-13-2009, 05:38 PM
They have lots of dogs in Philly, I've been there.

Chris
08-13-2009, 05:39 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/235851-breaking-news-vick-signs-with-the-eagles

mizzoutigers
08-13-2009, 05:39 PM
hope he tears his acl

lex
08-13-2009, 05:40 PM
Its no longer the Philadelphia Eagles. Its now the Philadelphia Dogkillers.

IHaveALight
08-13-2009, 05:40 PM
Good for Vick. Hope he's a better man from all this and proves all the haters wrong. Good for Philly too, for giving him a chance.

Garcia Bronco
08-13-2009, 05:41 PM
hope he tears his acl

Classy

lex
08-13-2009, 05:42 PM
Classy

Its not as classless as dogkilling.

scorpio
08-13-2009, 05:43 PM
What does this have to do with Jay Cutler?

Chris
08-13-2009, 05:45 PM

That's why people serve their time in jail. This isn't the middle ages.

Hogan11
08-13-2009, 05:45 PM
Wonder where his jersey sales are going to be at?

Quick, order up a "Mexico" Eagles jersey whilst you still can Ha!

elsid13
08-13-2009, 05:47 PM
Fitting town for Vick to end up in.

RhymesayersDU
08-13-2009, 05:48 PM
Good move.

Agreed, finally a team with some stones.

Not a great QB, but a freak of an athlete that you can easily utilize in some fashion.

I applaud their decision, and it will only make them better.

521 1N5
08-13-2009, 05:48 PM
What does this have to do with Jay Cutler?

bwuahaha

Bronco Boy
08-13-2009, 05:51 PM
I guess they're really trying to rebuild that "City of Brotherly Love" image.

bronco0608
08-13-2009, 05:52 PM
What's the difference between hunting game animals and fighting dogs?

It's brutal and uneccessary no matter how you look at it.

He's paid his debt to society. Time to move on.

And wishing he tears his ACL...CLASSY!

SouthStndJunkie
08-13-2009, 05:52 PM
Good team for Vick to sign with.

lex
08-13-2009, 05:53 PM

He did the bulk of his time for something else.

CSU Husker
08-13-2009, 05:59 PM
Vick has served his punishment, time for him to get a second chance. Hope he makes the best of this opportunity.

atomicbloke
08-13-2009, 05:59 PM
Damn.... and we play the Eagles this season....

CoopDawg
08-13-2009, 06:02 PM
This will be fun to watch, I hope it works out for Vick.

rastaman
08-13-2009, 06:05 PM
Wow, that scumbag Vick might actually get a SB ring.

Haaaa.....whats wrong you got vicks oinment in your Eye? Must really hurt!ROFL!

rastaman
08-13-2009, 06:09 PM
hope he tears his acl

I hope you tear your ACL as well! But then who would know or care. :wiggle:

CoopDawg
08-13-2009, 06:09 PM
December 6th Philadelphia at Atlanta . . .

maher_tyler
08-13-2009, 06:11 PM
Good for Vick...i believe everyone deserves a second chance! In the brief description JB gave on NFLN last night of his interview with Vick, was saying that he had been doing it since he was younger and local police would come just to make sure the people weren't fighting and would then leave. So to him he didn't see it as being wrong...

boltaneer
08-13-2009, 06:21 PM
And fans of the 31 other teams all breathe a collective sigh of relief.

Hogan11
08-13-2009, 06:23 PM
I was really hoping he'd go to the UFL

SouthStndJunkie
08-13-2009, 06:25 PM
Michael Vick's contract with the Eagles has been widely reported as a two-year deal, but his stay in Philadelphia is more likely to last one year based on contract terms revealed Thursday night.

Fox's Jay Glazer has the scoop: Vick has actually signed a one-year, $1.6 million contract with a team option for 2010. The option is for $5.2 million.

Karenin
08-13-2009, 06:35 PM

seriously?

cutler_to_marshall
08-13-2009, 06:38 PM
just the other day i was watching the Mort goes to camp segment on ESPN and Andy Reid did not seemed at all impressed with the possibility of signing michael vick. I guess that should have told the whole story!

521 1N5
08-13-2009, 06:39 PM
I was really hoping he'd go to the UFL

Me too. Only because I live in Orlando and that's where one of the teams will be playing.

"The Florida Tuskers" ugh.

Pontius Pirate
08-13-2009, 06:41 PM
What's the over/under on how long it takes Vick to start bemoaning his lack of playing time?

Gcver2ver3
08-13-2009, 06:45 PM
wow...the philly fans are in monumental meltdown mode...

http://www.philaphans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93211

check out the thread if you wish...

i can barely find a post that even semi-supports the signing...

they absolutely hate this move...

maher_tyler
08-13-2009, 06:46 PM
What's the over/under on how long it takes Vick to start bemoaning his lack of playing time?

I highly doubt that happens...

Rock Chalk
08-13-2009, 06:48 PM
Classy

Classier than Vick is.

POS Hokie.

Ive never really wish anyone harm but there is a special place in Hell reserved for that mother ****er.

RhymesayersDU
08-13-2009, 06:52 PM
wow...the philly fans are in monumental meltdown mode...

http://www.philaphans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93211

check out the thread if you wish...

i can barely find a post that even semi-supports the signing...

they absolutely hate this move...

Mainly because Philly fans are idiots who only know how to boo, get drunk, and fight.

JCMElway
08-13-2009, 07:00 PM

Your question is beyond idiocy. The difference is suffering. Hunters look to put down their prey with a quick clean shot -- lights out. The conditions in which the dogs were kept were deplorable, they sufferend many, many gashes and wounds, had no vet care, and probably had crappy food. AND when they were judged to be poor fighters, the dogs were strangled, electrocuted, or slammed to the pavement multiple times.

Gosh, what's the difference between the two?

Moron.

Gcver2ver3
08-13-2009, 07:01 PM
Mainly because Philly fans are idiots who only know how to boo, get drunk, and fight.

agreed...

rastaman
08-13-2009, 07:02 PM
And fans of the 31 other teams all breathe a collective sigh of relief.

Because they're all cowards.....hacks! :rofl:

JCMElway
08-13-2009, 07:04 PM
Haaaa.....whats wrong you got vicks oinment in your Eye? Must really hurt!ROFL!

Um, nothing wrong with me. Vick is a douchebag. That is all.

Now, that's not to say I don't think he deserves a second chance. If he can keep his nose clean, so be it. Lots of douchebags play in the NFL.

DBroncos4life
08-13-2009, 07:08 PM
If he plays like his old self they should have fun running the wildcat. They ran in last year with Jackson.

rastaman
08-13-2009, 07:15 PM
Your question is beyond idiocy. The difference is suffering. Hunters look to put down their prey with a quick clean shot -- lights out. The conditions in which the dogs were kept were deplorable, they sufferend many, many gashes and wounds, had no vet care, and probably had crappy food. AND when they were judged to be poor fighters, the dogs were strangled, electrocuted, or slammed to the pavement multiple times.

Moron.

But one thing you're missing is the hunters today has such a technological advantage their rifles and bows.....its almost child abuse! You have rifles with scopes which allow hunters the advantage and the hunting rifles today are so precise in hitting its mark that there really isn't much sport. The compound bows used today are also overly engineered to give the bow hunter a large advantage due to the amount of draw power per square inch that can be generated using little effort.

rastaman
08-13-2009, 07:16 PM
Um, nothing wrong with me. Vick is a douchebag. That is all.

Now, that's not to say I don't think he deserves a second chance. If he can keep his nose clean, so be it. Lots of douchebags play in the NFL.

There are alot of dochebag fans in the NFL as well.

ohiobronco2
08-13-2009, 07:25 PM

From looking at some of the things you posted in this thread, you fall into that category. Everybody, you can thank me later.

phillybroncosnut
08-13-2009, 07:28 PM

Oh lord... Not this BS again

WoodMan
08-13-2009, 07:29 PM
A POX on the Eagles and Mike Vick!

ohiobronco2
08-13-2009, 07:31 PM

Moron.

How people don't see the difference is beyond me. If you kill an animal in a quick manner and use it's body entirely, I have no problem with it. Take Deer for instance, killing them serves a great purpose here in Ohio. They are overpopulated and fight amongst each other for limited resources. They are hit by cars which is in inhumane way to die and also causes human injury and vehicular damage. Of course that causes higher insurance rates. Did you know that Deer are the deadliest animal in the US?

ohiobronco2
08-13-2009, 07:31 PM
oh lord... Not this bs again

lol

phillybroncosnut
08-13-2009, 07:32 PM
I gotta say, I havent heard a good thought outta Egirl fan yet about this signing. I can't wait to see Pets vs Egirl fan for 8 home games... Should be fun. On the bright side, Philadelphia's economy should get a boost from all the fines to come... Stay tuned

Kaylore
08-13-2009, 07:47 PM
Weird choice. This will make things hilarious.

Elway's Pigeon Toes
08-13-2009, 07:47 PM
He's not there to beat out McNabb. And he can't. And while they were college rivals with Vick getting the better of him, I think it's safe to say McNabb is ahead of curve

McNabb and Vick never played each other in college.

Al Clark was playing QB for VT in McNabb's final college season.

When Vick played at VT, Syracuse had Troy Nunes playing QB.

JCMElway
08-13-2009, 07:56 PM

So, I'm a douchebag because I have a different opinion than you do?

Interesting.

azbroncfan
08-13-2009, 07:58 PM

BS all the Eagle fans were chanting for Kolb last year after the Cinncinatti game. Just watch what will happen when McNabb has a bad game everyone will be calling for his head wanting Vick.

azbroncfan
08-13-2009, 07:59 PM

Once proven a scumbag your cured and clear once you do jail time?

Bronco Boy
08-13-2009, 08:01 PM
Strangling animals is not cool. Period. Unless they are attacking you. Period.

azbroncfan
08-13-2009, 08:03 PM

Worst post ever in the history of the mane. I hope you die like the dogs your home boy Vick killed you POS. Obviously you know nothing of hunting and showed your intelligence above. The bigger issue is trying to fix the poor education you were a product of.

azbroncfan
08-13-2009, 08:07 PM
How people don't see the difference is beyond me. If you kill an animal in a quick manner and use it's body entirely, I have no problem with it. Take Deer for instance, killing them serves a great purpose here in Ohio. They are overpopulated and fight amongst each other for limited resources. They are hit by cars which is in inhumane way to die and also causes human injury and vehicular damage. Of course that causes higher insurance rates. Did you know that Deer are the deadliest animal in the US?

All I want you to do is bring up what hunters do for animals vs what POS peta/treehugging/uneducated jamican pot smokers do for the health of the game animals around. I want you to research it then come up with an argument until then we all know what an uneducated POS you are. We already knew after your "Denver was a serious threat to anyone in the playoffs last year BS post." I'd like you to prove otherwise moron.

Meck77
08-13-2009, 08:12 PM

I don't blame you for not understanding.

Most big game animals Elk and Deer for example simply do not have enough natural preditors to regulate their populations. I can't speak for other states but Colorado would simply be over run with them and many would die from starvation and disease without hunters. Poachers (aholes) who kill animals illegally are not hunters. They also don't contribute money like hunters do to protect and enhance animal habitat.

Furthermore the elk/deer that are harvested are eaten by the hunters and their families.

Dog killing is just that.

Rastaman: If you have no rifle experience or hunting experience I'd make you this bet. If you hunted for one week in Colorado during your designated season on public land I'd bet you $1,000 you wouldn't even get a shot off within reason at an Elk. I'd even give you your choice of rifle/scope.

Statistically the odds are 1/3 that a hunter actually harvests an Elk here and probably other states for that matter.

s0phr0syne
08-13-2009, 08:16 PM
azbroncfan might be illiterate.

fear being on the same side of an argument as an illiterate man, that's what i believe.

azbroncfan
08-13-2009, 08:18 PM
I don't blame you for not understanding.

Most big game animals Elk and Deer for example simply do not have enough natural preditors to regulate their populations. I can't speak for other states but Colorado would simply be over run with them and many would die from starvation and disease without hunters. Poachers (aholes) who kill animals illegally are not hunters. They also don't contribute money like hunters do to protect and enhance animal habitat.

Furthermore the elk/deer that are harvested are eaten by the hunters and their families.

Dog killing is just that.

Meck I know you already know but don't waste your time with a POS that throws out a statement like that with bull sh$t argument.

maher_tyler
08-13-2009, 08:23 PM
McNabb live now! Excited for Vick to come in...lobbied for the Eagles to sign him!!

Edit: On ESPN

ohiobronco2
08-13-2009, 08:24 PM
All I want you to do is bring up what hunters do for animals vs what POS peta/treehugging/uneducated jamican pot smokers do for the health of the game animals around. I want you to research it then come up with an argument until then we all know what an uneducated POS you are. We already knew after your "Denver was a serious threat to anyone in the playoffs last year BS post." I'd like you to prove otherwise moron.

AZ, I think you meant to quote somebody other than me. I support hunting and made an obvious distinction between hunting and dog fighting. :)

boltaneer
08-13-2009, 08:40 PM
Because they're all cowards.....hacks! :rofl:

And take a look at the reaction from Eagle fans. Understandably, they're very upset with this move.

Have you been paying attention around the NFL? Every team's fan base doesn't want this scumbag on their team. While I'm all for him getting a second chance, I'm just glad my team didn't sign him. Good luck, Eagles fans.

Garcia Bronco
08-13-2009, 08:45 PM

I mean do you really want to quantify it?

Garcia Bronco
08-13-2009, 08:46 PM
Agreed, finally a team with some stones.

Not a great QB, but a freak of an athlete that you can easily utilize in some fashion.

I applaud their decision, and it will only make them better.

I agree.

maher_tyler
08-13-2009, 08:51 PM
I agree.

I have a feeling with all those playmakers on that offense that they could be pretty dangerous...i think they might be my pick to make the SB from the NFC this year!

Garcia Bronco
08-13-2009, 08:54 PM
McNabb and Vick never played each other in college.

Al Clark was playing QB for VT in McNabb's final college season.

When Vick played at VT, Syracuse had Troy Nunes playing QB.

I thought when we beat them 62 to 7/0 it was Vick vs McNabb., but you are right. McNabb was gone by then.

Garcia Bronco
08-13-2009, 08:55 PM
I have a feeling with all those playmakers on that offense that they could be pretty dangerous...i think they might be my pick to make the SB from the NFC this year!

The defense should be pumped too with the loss of Johnson.

Popps
08-13-2009, 09:42 PM
Wow.

You guys think Giants fans might have a little fun with Vick when he comes to town?

Killericon
08-13-2009, 10:09 PM
Vick+Westbrook Option Play. Boy-Howdy.

Punisher
08-13-2009, 10:14 PM
Maybe the last team ive seen him going too,I taught he'll be in NE for sure.

Paladin
08-13-2009, 10:25 PM

They've got a lot of kids there, too. You might want to add that to the list.....

KevinJames
08-13-2009, 10:30 PM
I can see Philly fans running McNabb out of town first few bad games he has lmao than we can sign him

ZONA
08-14-2009, 02:01 AM

Moron.

I agree but...............

You also have those hunters that put out traps such as these.http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/0/28/609733-587627_bear_traps_super_large.jpg

And you can't tell me that the animals caught in those who lay their suffering for days until the hunter comes along to check the traps doesn't suffer. And they are still used to this day, from bears to bobcats and many more. I hate dogfighting but I also hate pussy hunters who use traps and also only hunt for trophy's to put on walls. If you shoot it to eat it, fine. Gonna stuff it, then I hope they get attacked and maimed.

footstepsfrom#27
08-14-2009, 04:16 AM
I'm guessing the combination of Tony Dungy and the realization that his actions will be scrutinized in depth will probably keep Vick on the straight and narrow...that plus the motivation that comes with not wanting to work that construction job. The Eagles will find a way to use him and if anything it ought to take some pressure off Donovan McNabb.

ol number 7
08-14-2009, 05:38 AM
I agree.

Interesting Point . Vick cannot be designated as the third QB because if he enters the game at any position the starter McNabb cannot re enter the game. he would have to be given a running back or receiver number but could of course jump under center. Maybe his leavenworth number if they can get it all on the jersey. Reid is going to have alot of decisions to make because of this guy and alot of guys might think he is getting a spot on the roster he didn't earn. Of course if you look at Reids two sons currently doing time I guess he has a soft spot for the Parolee.

azbroncfan
08-14-2009, 05:40 AM
AZ, I think you meant to quote somebody other than me. I support hunting and made an obvious distinction between hunting and dog fighting. :)

Your right was meant for the rasta man. Sorry, had a few beers last night.

azbroncfan
08-14-2009, 05:45 AM
I agree but...............

You also have those hunters that put out traps such as these.http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/0/28/609733-587627_bear_traps_super_large.jpg

And you can't tell me that the animals caught in those who lay their suffering for days until the hunter comes along to check the traps doesn't suffer. And they are still used to this day, from bears to bobcats and many more. I hate dogfighting but I also hate p***Y hunters who use traps and also only hunt for trophy's to put on walls. If you shoot it to eat it, fine. Gonna stuff it, then I hope they get attacked and maimed.

There is a difference in hunting and trapping. You need to learn about both. A hunter isn't necessarily a trapper and vice versa.

orange 4 life
08-14-2009, 06:08 AM
And take a look at the reaction from Eagle fans. Understandably, they're very upset with this move.

Have you been paying attention around the NFL? Every team's fan base doesn't want this scumbag on their team. While I'm all for him getting a second chance, I'm just glad my team didn't sign him. Good luck, Eagles fans.

This is how I feel. The fact that I have two (wonderful, sweet, loving, amazing, and HARMLESS) Pitbulls has nothing to do with it.
The man (I use that term loosely) served his time, and he does deserve the opportunity to go back to work in his chosen trade.....if anyone want's him.

Personally, I was hoping no one would make the move, and if the eagles are the team to do it, then they're the one on my list.
He has a right to work in the free market, and WE (the many who will always hate the steaming P.O.S.) have a right to boycot, picket, etc.

No chance in hell I'd sign the guy because of the P.R. problem, and I wasn't sure it was a problem anyone would want (given that the guy may well be a bust at this point), but apparently philly is happy to take it on.

May they get what they asked for. Wow. Ugly time for most Eagles fans. God knows I'd be pissed if we had made this move.

TailgateNut
08-14-2009, 06:19 AM
Their fans have no class, so it's fitting. An Asshole playing on a town with Asshole fans.

orange 4 life
08-14-2009, 06:22 AM
There is a difference in hunting and trapping. You need to learn about both. A hunter isn't necessarily a trapper and vice versa.

I completely agree, and I'm not a hunter. No way, no how. Haven't ever done it, couldn't ever do it.

That said, my Father and Grandfather (and beyond) grew up on a farm. Cattle, Pigs, etc.
Do the math. Lots of rifles around the family farm!

I couldn't shoot an animal, but I DON'T have a problem with hunters that are mindful of the laws.

I've had this discussion with my many veggie friends (I'm a Deadhead, there's ALOT of veggies amongst us! LOL) and while they may not completely agree, even they have to concede the issue and make the distinction between a hunter and a P.O.S. that hurts, maims, and kills animals for fun.

Bottom line is here in Colorado if the hunters don't kill their share of deer, the GOVERNMENT will do it, and while they do it as humanely as possible, they're not USING the animal as a hunter would. My hunter friends use EVERYTHING on that animal they possibly can. The meat, the skin, the bones. Steaks, burgers, jerkey, clothes, etc.
Ever driven a back road up to Wyoming? See the carcasses everywhere? Personally, I'd rather have a hunter kill it and use it.

BIG difference between a dog killer and a hunter. Big difference between a hunter and a trapper.

orange 4 life
08-14-2009, 06:26 AM
We're far from downtown Denver here in Castle Pines, but we're ALSO far from being in the middle of nowhere, and you can spot hundreds of deer around here on a daily basis. We had some friends visit from Socal (neither had traveled much at all in their lives) and they were FLOORED at the wildlife that roams around amongst us. Heck, I almost crashed the car the first deer we saw!! They're in the back of the car going nuts, and I think armageddon has started.
When my wife and I find out they're screaming because they saw a deer, we just chuckled.
An hour later, we're in walmart buying a light, and they proceed to drive around our neighborhood all night looking at the deer, and I must say even though of course it wasn't exciting for us (we see them every day) even WE were a bit surprised at just how many make their way out at night.

Anyway, sorry for rambling.

orange 4 life
08-14-2009, 06:33 AM
Good for Vick...i believe everyone deserves a second chance! In the brief description JB gave on NFLN last night of his interview with Vick, was saying that he had been doing it since he was younger and local police would come just to make sure the people weren't fighting and would then leave. So to him he didn't see it as being wrong...

That's a pathetic excuse, and it says alot about him as a person.
Take a brief look at this, and (if you can get through it without crying and/or throwing up. I couldn't) then tell me how any halfway decent human being could not see that it's wrong.

http://www.workingpitbull.com/dogfighting.htm

P.S.- WARNING!! While I do think it's important for people to see this (and posted it years ago) it is VERY disturbing, so be prepared.

rastaman
08-14-2009, 07:08 AM

All you anti-Vick fans around the NFL just need to get over yourselves! Life goes on and the league is bigger than the fans anyway. Its not like the zombie robtic fans of the NFL will suddenly boycott the entire 2009 season just b/c Vick is back in the league.

I suggest all the anti-Vick fans in the NFL take their "Prozac" and just enjoy the NFL 2009 season and quit your moaning and howling over something that happened 2 years ago.

Oh yeah before I forget.......The commissioner and the NFL owners sends their thanks to all you fans for making professonal football a billion dollar industry. None of this would be possible w/o the gullible fans participation.

See ya on Any Given Sunday and just "Sell out every Stadium for the 2009 season---Chumps!

cousinal11
08-14-2009, 07:09 AM
I completely agree, and I'm not a hunter. No way, no how. Haven't ever done it, couldn't ever do it.

That said, my Father and Grandfather (and beyond) grew up on a farm. Cattle, Pigs, etc.
Do the math. Lots of rifles around the family farm!

I couldn't shoot an animal, but I DON'T have a problem with hunters that are mindful of the laws.

I've had this discussion with my many veggie friends (I'm a Deadhead, there's ALOT of veggies amongst us! LOL) and while they may not completely agree, even they have to concede the issue and make the distinction between a hunter and a P.O.S. that hurts, maims, and kills animals for fun.

Bottom line is here in Colorado if the hunters don't kill their share of deer, the GOVERNMENT will do it, and while they do it as humanely as possible, they're not USING the animal as a hunter would. My hunter friends use EVERYTHING on that animal they possibly can. The meat, the skin, the bones. Steaks, burgers, jerkey, clothes, etc.
Ever driven a back road up to Wyoming? See the carcasses everywhere? Personally, I'd rather have a hunter kill it and use it.

BIG difference between a dog killer and a hunter. Big difference between a hunter and a trapper.

I don't hunt, but you can't make an argument for hunting without mentioning disease control. Kind of a big deal.

TailgateNut
08-14-2009, 07:14 AM
what's the difference between hunting game animals and fighting dogs?

!

wow!

TailgateNut
08-14-2009, 07:21 AM

Yep, pedophhiles also serve their time. Should we accept them as OK human beings after they get out?

Slime is slime, regardless of time.

rastaman
08-14-2009, 07:23 AM
Wow.

You guys think Giants fans might have a little fun with Vick when he comes to town?

Will they have as much as you and your ILK!!! :wiggle:

rastaman
08-14-2009, 07:26 AM
So, I'm a douchebag because I have a different opinion than you do?

Interesting.

Never said you were! However, that is not to say their are dochebag fans in the NFL!!!!

rastaman
08-14-2009, 07:29 AM
Michael Vick's contract with the Eagles has been widely reported as a two-year deal, but his stay in Philadelphia is more likely to last one year based on contract terms revealed Thursday night.

Fox's Jay Glazer has the scoop: Vick has actually signed a one-year, $1.6 million contract with a team option for 2010. The option is for $5.2 million.

The eagles will never pay Vick the 5.2 millon due to him in 2010. He will either renegotiate or sign with another team.

Old Dude
08-14-2009, 07:39 AM
UAN Increases Reward to Catch Philadelphia Dog Killers

Witnesses needed to identify four teenagers who burned a dog to death

SACRAMENTO, CA (September 11, 2008) – United Animal Nations (UAN) today pledged a $2,500 reward to anyone who comes forward with information leading to the arrest and indictment of the person(s) who led a dog to the commuter rail tracks near Front Street and Tabor Road in the Olney section of Philadelphia, wrapped it in a towel, doused it with lighter fluid and set it on fire on Thursday, September 4.

“Sadly, in cases of violence toward animals, people are reluctant to come forward without a financial incentive,” said UAN President and CEO Nicole Forsyth. “We hope that the reward will encourage someone to do the right thing and help local law enforcement catch whoever committed this senseless act of cruelty.”

A witness called the Pennsylvania Society for Prevention of Cruelty to Animals’ hotline to report seeing four teenagers with the dog. Officers arrived a short time later to find the pit bull dead and badly burned. The Pennsylvania SPCA forensic veterinarian is currently examining the body, and that of a pit bull found dead about 50 yards away, to determine if the cases may be connected.

UAN’s $2,500 pledge brings the total reward being offered in this case to $13,500.

Anyone with information in this case should call the Pennsylvania SPCA at (866) 601-7722 or e-mail cruelty@pspca.org

“Given that research shows that people who abuse animals are more likely to be violent toward humans, our society can no longer take animal cruelty cases lightly,” Forsyth said. “It is especially troubling that this case allegedly involves teenagers. Finding the individuals who burned this dog could help them get the psychological help they desperately need.”

UAN is offering this reward through its Zig Zag Memorial Reward Fund , designed to encourage witnesses to step forward with information about animal cruelty crimes and to advocate the need for harsher punishments in such cases.

The Zig Zag Memorial Reward is named for a Los Angeles dog who was burned, beaten and tortured for hours before dying, and whose assailants were apprehended but received scant punishment. In 2007, UAN launched the Humane Education Ambassador Reader program, a community-based literacy program to strike at the roots of cruelty by helping children develop empathy for animals through stories and discussion.

United Animal Nations (UAN) is North America ’s leading provider of emergency animal sheltering and disaster relief services and a key advocate for the critical needs of animals. Learn more at www.uan.org.

JCMElway
08-14-2009, 09:20 AM
Never said you were! However, that is not to say their are dochebag fans in the NFL!!!!

Ah. Seems like it was being intimated. No worries.

Garcia Bronco
08-14-2009, 09:23 AM

Like I said a long time ago, it's a cultural thing. Doesn't make it right, but go to the Philippines and in the center of many towns you'll find a cock fighting ring.

SPfloppy
08-14-2009, 10:51 AM
No apologies from me, this a$$hole does not deserve a 2nd chance. Not for this. You gonna give OJ a chance to coach after he gets outta jail? How about Charlie Manson? Should we let him be a little league coach if he is ever released? What dosn't "everybody" deserve a second chance? The fact that he is already out of jail means he didn't serve enough time IMO. He is a son of a b**** and I hope this haunts him everyday for the rest of his life. I hope every store he ever enters people shun and spit on him. He deserves no less

Rohirrim
08-14-2009, 11:03 AM
Well, he was hanging dogs from trees and electrocuting them, but I'm sure that 18 months in the tank has gotten that little character flaw out of his system. Sure it did.

Tombstone RJ
08-14-2009, 11:04 AM
UAN Increases Reward to Catch Philadelphia Dog Killers

Witnesses needed to identify four teenagers who burned a dog to death

SACRAMENTO, CA (September 11, 2008) – United Animal Nations (UAN) today pledged a $2,500 reward to anyone who comes forward with information leading to the arrest and indictment of the person(s) who led a dog to the commuter rail tracks near Front Street and Tabor Road in the Olney section of Philadelphia, wrapped it in a towel, doused it with lighter fluid and set it on fire on Thursday, September 4.

“Sadly, in cases of violence toward animals, people are reluctant to come forward without a financial incentive,” said UAN President and CEO Nicole Forsyth. “We hope that the reward will encourage someone to do the right thing and help local law enforcement catch whoever committed this senseless act of cruelty.”

A witness called the Pennsylvania Society for Prevention of Cruelty to Animals’ hotline to report seeing four teenagers with the dog. Officers arrived a short time later to find the pit bull dead and badly burned. The Pennsylvania SPCA forensic veterinarian is currently examining the body, and that of a pit bull found dead about 50 yards away, to determine if the cases may be connected.

UAN’s $2,500 pledge brings the total reward being offered in this case to $13,500.

Anyone with information in this case should call the Pennsylvania SPCA at (866) 601-7722 or e-mail cruelty@pspca.org

“Given that research shows that people who abuse animals are more likely to be violent toward humans, our society can no longer take animal cruelty cases lightly,” Forsyth said. “It is especially troubling that this case allegedly involves teenagers. Finding the individuals who burned this dog could help them get the psychological help they desperately need.”

UAN is offering this reward through its Zig Zag Memorial Reward Fund , designed to encourage witnesses to step forward with information about animal cruelty crimes and to advocate the need for harsher punishments in such cases.

The Zig Zag Memorial Reward is named for a Los Angeles dog who was burned, beaten and tortured for hours before dying, and whose assailants were apprehended but received scant punishment. In 2007, UAN launched the Humane Education Ambassador Reader program, a community-based literacy program to strike at the roots of cruelty by helping children develop empathy for animals through stories and discussion.

United Animal Nations (UAN) is North America ’s leading provider of emergency animal sheltering and disaster relief services and a key advocate for the critical needs of animals. Learn more at www.uan.org.

There's some truly sick people in this world and anyone who does this kind of crap to an animal needs to get some poetic justice rammed up their azzess.

These types of deviants end up being the Jeffrey Dahlmers of the world..

Pontius Pirate
08-14-2009, 11:13 AM
http://rix0r.nl/imagemacros/thread_goingplaces%5B1%5D.jpg

boltaneer
08-14-2009, 11:37 AM
All you anti-Vick fans around the NFL just need to get over yourselves! Life goes on and the league is bigger than the fans anyway. Its not like the zombie robtic fans of the NFL will suddenly boycott the entire 2009 season just b/c Vick is back in the league.

I suggest all the anti-Vick fans in the NFL take their "Prozac" and just enjoy the NFL 2009 season and quit your moaning and howling over something that happened 2 years ago.

Oh yeah before I forget.......The commissioner and the NFL owners sends their thanks to all you fans for making professonal football a billion dollar industry. None of this would be possible w/o the gullible fans participation.

See ya on Any Given Sunday and just "Sell out every Stadium for the 2009 season---Chumps!

There is a distinction that you are missing here. Do fans have an issue with Vick in the NFL or would they have an issue with Vick on their team?

I love the job Goodell has done since he has taken over and he's earned my respect. And because I think Vick deserves a second chance, I didn't have a problem with Goodell reinstating him so my problem is not with Goodell or the NFL. And just because the Eagles decided to sign him, doesn't compel me at all to start boycotting the NFL or my team. Now, if the Chargers were the ones to sign him, I would have a huge problem with the Chargers doing that (And thus this is why you are hearing outrage from so many Eagles fans). Philly is not my team, so I could care less who they sign.

For those people who have a problem with Goodell reinstating Vick, then those people could be considered hypocrites if they continue throwing money at the NFL. But they can also voice their displeasure about it in a number of other ways (message boards/talk radio/signs at the game/etc.)

WolfpackGuy
08-14-2009, 11:50 AM
I was at the Eagles-Pats game last night.
As soon as word of his signing started getting around, people were hollering for Vick to go in IMMEDIATELY.
Granted, these were Eagles fans, so any player they can potentially boo is a good signing.

lex
08-14-2009, 03:09 PM
http://www.philly.com/philly/news/breaking/20090814_Animal_rights_activists_protest_outside_V icks_news_conference.html

Animal rights activists protest outside Vick’s news conference
By Sam Wood

Inquirer Staff Writer

About 20 protesters angered at Michael Vick joining the Eagles demonstrated this morning outside the NovaCare Center in South Philadelphia as the quarterback made his first appearance before the city's news media.

Inside, Vick apologized for his past involvement in cruelty to dogs and said he planned to be active in efforts to end animal cruelty in Philadelphia.

Nate Madison, 17, came from Hatboro with his rottweiler Neo to take part in the protest.

"If he wants another shot at life, he should get a real job," said Madison. "He shouldn't have the privilege of playing NFL football."

"Now he represents Philadelphia. It's disgusting," said Jackic Cioci, 18, who came with Madison from Hatboro.

Madison said, "If someone in Vick's world would have had my dog, they'd treat him as a bait dog. He'd be chewed up and killed."

The protesters were orderly and held signs provided by staff from the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty Animals.

Some of the signs said: "Vick is sick," "No love in Philly," and "Why did Jeff Lurie and Joe Banner condone this."

Lurie is the team's owner and Banner its president.

A couple of Vick supporters also showed up at the gate to the NovaCare Center.

Chris Cabrera, 33, came from Merchantville, N.J., with his brown pit pull terrier Python wearing a red Vick's jersey.

"He deserves a second chance," Cabrera said. "He's done his time. You can't bergrudge a guy his livlihood. When you do that it only makes things worse."

Wearing an Eagles cap with flapping wings, Lamont Anderson, 40, of South Philadelphia, said people upset at Vick joining the team "are going to to come around if the Eagles have a good season."

"His punishment is over and done with," he said. "It's time to give him a second chance."

BTW, its interesting that E!SPN and the like presents this issue from the leagues perspective. Kind of a conflict of interest there.

phillybroncosnut
08-14-2009, 06:01 PM
Like I said a long time ago, it's a cultural thing. Doesn't make it right, but go to the Philippines and in the center of many towns you'll find a cock fighting ring.

You said cockLOL

phillybroncosnut
08-14-2009, 06:03 PM

Is this guy serious?? Just put on Buffalo Soldier, bang on the steel drums, and smoke a fatty bro. Oh yeah, wash the damn dreeds, they smell like poop.

maher_tyler
08-14-2009, 07:36 PM
No apologies from me, this a$$hole does not deserve a 2nd chance. Not for this. You gonna give OJ a chance to coach after he gets outta jail? How about Charlie Manson? Should we let him be a little league coach if he is ever released? What dosn't "everybody" deserve a second chance? The fact that he is already out of jail means he didn't serve enough time IMO. He is a son of a b**** and I hope this haunts him everyday for the rest of his life. I hope every store he ever enters people shun and spit on him. He deserves no less

I bet you've been such an Angel your whole ****ing life to...shut up!!

mhgaffney
08-14-2009, 09:46 PM
After watching Orton throw 3 picks in the first half -- I'm wondering -- should we have signed Vick?

Everyone deserves a second chance.

orange 4 life
08-15-2009, 06:10 PM

While it's no excuse, that is absolutely correct (another classic example is Bull fighting) and at THIS point, the more important issue (IMHO) is that Vick DOES seem to sincerely feel remorse for his actions, he has taken on any and all questions, and MOST importantly, HE has made no excuses for himself, going so far as to say he DID know it was wrong and should've put a stop to it.

He's owning it, and I for one hope he will do some good in communities around the country helping to educate others that are misguided.

Sure, I'm still angry and disgusted by what the guy did, but I ALSO would rather see him out doing GOOD than rotting away doing nothing at all.

Here's to hoping he really did learn his lesson. God knows prison can change a man.

Jake

Northman
08-15-2009, 06:21 PM
http://darrylthewriter.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/michael-vick.jpg

titan
08-15-2009, 06:23 PM
Saw this tweet today -

Sign in Philadelphia: hide your beagle, Vick's an eagle

SPfloppy
08-16-2009, 11:57 AM
I bet you've been such an Angel your whole ****ing life to...shut up!!

Don't you dare hide behind the annonymity of the damn internet and tell me when I can speak. You have your venue to post and so do I. This guy is the worst kind of scum there is and for the pure sake of the lesson inherent in this entire fiasco I don't think he should be allowed into any arena that young kids could ever imagine this jerk to be anything resembling a role model.

No I am not perfect. I have been on both sides of the law and I recovered myself rather well. And I give you free reign to lambaste me the day I am convicted of such a horrible crime. Please do assemble a mob and demand that my employer barr the door to the entrance if I ever do something resembling his crime. Till then bite my ass