PDA

View Full Version : Cutler wants say in final roster

Boltjolt
08-13-2009, 05:49 PM
HAHA, you guys should be rejoicing about this guy being gone. He is the biggest primadonna and whiner in the league.

You have to read this. Reader comments under article in link as well.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/08/13/cutler-wants-say-in-final-roster/

Cutler wants say in final roster

Posted by Mike Florio on August 13, 2009 8:22 AM ET

And so as the last quarterback who mistakenly believed that his job duties included the functions of a General Manager fades (we think) into the Mississippi sunset, a new candidate for player-executive emerges.

Jay Cutler.

Cutler, per the Arlington Daily Herald, intends to give his input on the team's final roster.

"I think they're definitely going to ask me," Cuter said. "If they don't ask me, I'm going to tell them what I think because I've got to be the one throwing to them on game day, and I've got to trust them."

Look, the extent to which the starting quarterback and his receivers work together has to be a significant factor in shaping the depth chart. But there's a line, somewhere, that the quarterback shouldn't try to cross.

Publicly indicating that he intends to chime in on who should stay and who should go probably is on the other side of that line.

And if the Bears don't nip this in the bud, it won't stop with Cutler telling the media that he plans to tell the coaches which guys should be turning in their playbooks. What if they keep someone he doesn't want? Will Cutler make his feelings known outside the organization?

Or what if Cutler isn't happy with the offseason decisions that the franchise is making? Will he make like Lord Favre (and, to a certain extent, Donovan McNabb) and make his displeasure known?

Caveat emptor, Chicago. We know you wanted him, but just how closely were the powers that be paying attention to how this guy was behaving as he was trying to get out of Denver?

Archer81
08-13-2009, 05:54 PM
HAHA, you guys should be rejoicing about this guy being gone. He is the biggest primadonna and whiner in the league.

You have to read this. Reader comments under article in link as well.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/08/13/cutler-wants-say-in-final-roster/

Cutler wants say in final roster

Posted by Mike Florio on August 13, 2009 8:22 AM ET

And so as the last quarterback who mistakenly believed that his job duties included the functions of a General Manager fades (we think) into the Mississippi sunset, a new candidate for player-executive emerges.

Jay Cutler.

Cutler, per the Arlington Daily Herald, intends to give his input on the team's final roster.

"I think they're definitely going to ask me," Cuter said. "If they don't ask me, I'm going to tell them what I think because I've got to be the one throwing to them on game day, and I've got to trust them."

Look, the extent to which the starting quarterback and his receivers work together has to be a significant factor in shaping the depth chart. But there's a line, somewhere, that the quarterback shouldn't try to cross.

Publicly indicating that he intends to chime in on who should stay and who should go probably is on the other side of that line.

And if the Bears don't nip this in the bud, it won't stop with Cutler telling the media that he plans to tell the coaches which guys should be turning in their playbooks. What if they keep someone he doesn't want? Will Cutler make his feelings known outside the organization?

Or what if Cutler isn't happy with the offseason decisions that the franchise is making? Will he make like Lord Favre (and, to a certain extent, Donovan McNabb) and make his displeasure known?

Caveat emptor, Chicago. We know you wanted him, but just how closely were the powers that be paying attention to how this guy was behaving as he was trying to get out of Denver?

Uhh...already posted.

:Broncos:

Boltjolt
08-13-2009, 06:00 PM
Sorry, i didnt see it, ....and still dont but just thought you guys would get a kick out of it.

Archer81
08-13-2009, 06:03 PM
Sorry, i didnt see it, ....and still dont but just thought you guys would get a kick out of it.

Some did. Some cried.

:Broncos:

BroncoBuff
08-13-2009, 06:03 PM
No biggie ... most QBs probably let the coach know whom they like ???

Taco John
08-13-2009, 06:08 PM
Yeah, I just praise God for the day that we dumped Cutler in favor of Orton.

So glad!

thumpc
08-13-2009, 06:08 PM
Yeah sure Buff, but they don't take the ego trip to the media like they own the joint. He's proposing a bold new front office structure there. When they're in the huddle, they're not just playing pitch and catch with their QB, that's their boss. Cutler will sign the paychecks someday, he's ahead of his time.

orinjkrush
08-13-2009, 06:11 PM
wow. who could have imagined?

scorpio
08-13-2009, 06:20 PM

So glad!

Get over it already.

???

BroncoBuff
08-13-2009, 06:21 PM
Yeah sure Buff, but they don't take the ego trip to the media like they own the joint. He's proposing a bold new front office structure there. When they're in the huddle, they're not just playing pitch and catch with their QB, that's their boss. Cutler will sign the paychecks someday, he's ahead of his time.
What? What new fo structure?

You guys and Florio can kid yourselves Jay is some kind of prima donna, but my eyes are wide open. Guy is a stud, period. Makes Leinart and VY look like jokes.

I wish I could look forward to saying "I told you so," but by then wtf will care?

521 1N5
08-13-2009, 06:23 PM
Taco Jay's panties twist more and more with every post and I am just L-O-L. :)

bronco0608
08-13-2009, 06:27 PM
If we only knew what Buff and Taco looked like in person...and oh yea, replace Battier with Cutler...

http://www.truthaboutduke.com/anim1.gif

Seriously, Cutler could slap some poster's wife and they would get mad at their wife for getting in the way of his hand.

Sodak
08-13-2009, 06:27 PM
Have another candy bar Jay.

...and a few more beers.

uplink
08-13-2009, 06:28 PM

Probably but not many tell that to the media.

He should watch tapes of interviews by a QB like P. Manning who would have said something like: 'I trust the coaching staff to make the correct decisions on the roster'.

IHaveALight
08-13-2009, 06:28 PM
Makes Leinart and VY look like jokes.

Seriously? Those two haven't done crap. Thanks for stating the obvious for those of us who don't follow the NFL.

bronco0608
08-13-2009, 06:30 PM

So glad!

Kyle Orton
Richard Quinn
Alphonso Smith
Robert Ayers

For

Diabetus

It's a team sport, bud.

rastaman
08-13-2009, 06:39 PM
???

Broncos might regret ever letting Cutler go!......We will see. This could become one of the top 10 franchise screw up in NFL history. :sunshine:

Drek
08-13-2009, 06:44 PM
What? What new fo structure?

You guys and Florio can kid yourselves Jay is some kind of prima donna, but my eyes are wide open. Guy is a stud, period. Makes Leinart and VY look like jokes.

I wish I could look forward to saying "I told you so," but by then wtf will care?
In all fairness, so does Kyle Orton.

And Buff, honestly, you don't see the problem with 1. how Cutler worded it and 2. the fact that he said it publicly?

I'd bet a damn kidney that by the end of his career Elway had a LOT of input in our offensive personnel, especially WRs, but he never came right out and said it. Hell, Peyton Manning is the defacto offensive coordinator in Indy and reporters around the team have alluded to it. Manning has been a massive dick at times in his career. He's never actually mentioned that publicly.

In legal terms this is the equivalent of you standing in front of the podium at a presser and saying "I don't care if my client might be guilty, I'm going to get his potentially murderous ass off. If he wants to go stab someone else again then so be it." Of course you'll try your best for a client even if they're scum, hell you might even say the rough equivalent of the above to your client or your colleagues. But you wouldn't say it publicly.

Atwater His Ass
08-13-2009, 06:50 PM
Kyle Orton
Richard Quinn
Alphonso Smith
Robert Ayers

For

Diabetus

It's a team sport, bud.

lol.

i think you need to review the list of super bowl champions. the vast majority didn't have "elite" qb's like orton heading up the roster.

FireFly
08-13-2009, 06:53 PM
While it is probably wrong of me, some part of me does enjoy things like this.

It makes me feel better about the direction of my team when I read articles like this. I feel as if our managements' decisions are to an extent vindicated. Not completely obviously but it certainly helps

rastaman
08-13-2009, 06:56 PM
lol.

i think you need to review the list of super bowl champions. the vast majority didn't have "elite" qb's like orton heading up the roster.

Ummmmm.....since 2000 the SB's have been won by Franchise Qb's. Go Figure!

Denver will never win a SB with Orton.....plain and simple.

Atwater His Ass
08-13-2009, 07:01 PM
While it is probably wrong of me, some part of me does enjoy things like this.

It makes me feel better about the direction of my team when I read articles like this. I feel as if our managements' decisions are to an extent vindicated. Not completely obviously but it certainly helps

really? you think this is a new deal with the qb gets some input on the roster? you don't get out much huh?

521 1N5
08-13-2009, 07:04 PM

Wow. Can you give me numbers for the lotto tonight? Ha!

BroncoBuff
08-13-2009, 07:04 PM
Drek I'm not sure I see a problem with what he said. He made no claim to having veto power, or even much influence ... in fact, I kinda like that a QB wants to give his input, to me it shows confidence and pro-active participation. His two cents is just two cents after all.

And too, he was responding to a direct question:

None of this matters though ... he's irrelevant to us now.

Which begs the question : Why did we let a nitwit Bolt fan start us up on this again?

Br0nc0Buster
08-13-2009, 07:08 PM
Ummmmm.....since 2000 the SB's have been won by Franchise Qb's. Go Figure!

yeah I know but guys like Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson are just too hard to come by, they were truly once in a lifetime franchise players

The MVPlaya
08-13-2009, 07:08 PM
Kyle Orton
Richard Quinn
Alphonso Smith
Robert Ayers

For

Diabetus

It's a team sport, bud.

Smith was traded for OUR pick next year, not the Bears. But if Cutler wasn't traded, we probably wouldn't have traded that pick...BUT I think it's fair to see who we get next year with that Bears pick (depending on the position) to really look @ the big picture.

missingnumber7
08-13-2009, 07:41 PM

So glad!

I can taste the sarcasm all the way in North Dakota.

rastaman
08-13-2009, 08:22 PM
Probably but not many tell that to the media.

He should watch tapes of interviews by a QB like P. Manning who would have said something like: 'I trust the coaching staff to make the correct decisions on the roster'.

So he should be a "COPY CAT"! Wheres the spontaneity? Wheres the Creativity? Why should one be so boring and conservative?

ohiobronco2
08-13-2009, 08:36 PM
He's incredibly talented, but the more I hear from him, the better I feel about our decision to trade him. Too immature.

BroncoBuff
08-13-2009, 08:51 PM
I can taste the sarcasm all the way in North Dakota.

How many North Dakota posters do we have here? Four at least.

Represent.

Broncojef
08-13-2009, 09:15 PM
If they don't cater to Jay how can they hope to replicate our success?

missingnumber7
08-13-2009, 09:47 PM
How many North Dakota posters do we have here? Four at least.

Represent.

Who else are we gonna cheer for...the Vikings....thats like saying you think that LA will have an NFL team anytime soon.

BroncoMan4ever
08-13-2009, 11:58 PM

to a degree. they are probably asked who they feel they can work with, and the coaches go from there. the coaches aren't asking the QB can we keep these guys and you still be happy.

ton80
08-14-2009, 12:13 AM
yeah I know but guys like Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson are just too hard to come by, they were truly once in a lifetime franchise players

brilliant. You are a stinkin genius.

Taco John
08-14-2009, 12:16 AM
For my part, I hope Orton is communicating with McDaniels who he thinks is promising, and who he doesn't. Not that McDaniels needs to jump at whatever Orton says. But I'm in favor of this kind of communication.

baja
08-14-2009, 12:40 AM
For my part, I hope Orton is communicating with McDaniels who he thinks is promising, and who he doesn't. Not that McDaniels needs to jump at whatever Orton says. But I'm in favor of this kind of communication.

Ya OK but let's hope he doesn't tell the Denver Post he expects to have input as to which receivers make the team, ya think?

Taco John
08-14-2009, 12:55 AM
Ya OK but let's hope he doesn't tell the Denver Post he expects to have input as to which receivers make the team, ya think?

*shrug*

baja
08-14-2009, 12:59 AM
when is the last time you read an interview where the QB stated he expected to have input as to which receivers make his team?

Taco John
08-14-2009, 01:01 AM
Beats me. I remember once, though, Elway gave Bowlen some input on who should and shouldn't be coaching the Broncos. Oh, also, Sports Illustrated.

BroncoDoug
08-14-2009, 01:02 AM
Wait, what does this have to do with Vick?

baja
08-14-2009, 01:08 AM
Beats me. I remember once, though, Elway gave Bowlen some input on who should and shouldn't be coaching the Broncos. Oh, also, Sports Illustrated.

after 12 years in the league and a well established team leader.

Cutler has 3 years in the league and 8 weeks in the Bears organization .

Taco John
08-14-2009, 01:15 AM
after 12 years in the league and a well established team leader.

Cutler has 3 years in the league and 8 weeks in the Bears organization .

10 years into his career, Elway was still being criticized for being immature...

http://i.cdn.turner.com/sivault/si_online/covers/images/1993/0802_large.jpg

No, I don't see anything wrong with a prized signal caller saying that he'd like to give the coaches his feedback on who he thinks is promising. I hope Griese was in Shanahan's office every day giving his input on Travis McGriff.

baja
08-14-2009, 01:34 AM
Neither do I but Cutler is far from a prized signal caller, hell he's got 2 years left on his rookie contract and a losing record and an NFL record collapse to his credit. Not sure how valuable his input is at this juncture.

BroncoMan4ever
08-14-2009, 11:23 AM

i agree. i mean you don't want to saddle a QB with guys he may not have chemistry with, but you also don't want to have to run decisions by your QB before you make a move.

i am fine with a QB having communication with the coach, saying stuff like I can work really well with these guys, but i am not really sure about this one. input is fine, as long as you're not a giant douche calling out your team to the media saying you want a say in the final roster.

Broncojef
08-14-2009, 11:32 AM
10 years into his career, Elway was still being criticized for being immature...

No, I don't see anything wrong with a prized signal caller saying that he'd like to give the coaches his feedback on who he thinks is promising. I hope Griese was in Shanahan's office every day giving his input on Travis McGriff.

Elway proved to the world he was correct we'll see what whiner boy does.

jhns
08-14-2009, 12:21 PM

This is what makes me laugh about these denver fans that try justifying this trade. For some reason everyone has forgotten elway when comming up with the reasons why we needed to get rid of cutler. Every complaint I hear now about cutler was used as a complaint about elway for the majority of his career.

Funny, that immature, wreckless with the ball QB ended up being the best player to ever play for this team. You are laughed at if you say he can't lead a team now.

I can't wait for the day that denver fans wake up and realize exactly what this team did this offseason. To bad it will be far to late.

WolfpackGuy
08-14-2009, 12:25 PM
I much rather would've had Carl Pickens than Tommy fargin Maddox.

baja
08-14-2009, 01:04 PM
This is what makes me laugh about these denver fans that try justifying this trade. For some reason everyone has forgotten elway when comming up with the reasons why we needed to get rid of cutler. Every complaint I hear now about cutler was used as a complaint about elway for the majority of his career.

Funny, that immature, wreckless with the ball QB ended up being the best player to ever play for this team. You are laughed at if you say he can't lead a team now.

I can't wait for the day that denver fans wake up and realize exactly what this team did this offseason. To bad it will be far to late.

TELL me just what did McD and Bowlen do to the poor HOF'er Jay Cutler to drive him out of Denver and on to legendary glory with the Bears???

jhns
08-14-2009, 01:11 PM
TELL me just what did McD and Bowlen do to the poor HOF'er Jay Cutler to drive him out of Denver and on to legendary glory with the Bears???

I don't get what you are asking... They traded him. That is what they did. Cutler can't trade himself. He also can't cut himself. League rules and his contract both make sure of that.

tsiguy96
08-14-2009, 01:12 PM
I don't get what you are asking... They traded him. That is what they did. Cutler can't trade himself. He also can't cut himself. League rules and his contract both make sure of that.

he can publicly ask for a trade and cut off all communications with anyone related to teh team until he gets traded however :thanku:

jhns
08-14-2009, 01:15 PM
he can publicly ask for a trade and cut off all communications with anyone related to teh team until he gets traded however :thanku:

You mean he can get traded by a front office that is inexperienced and has no idea how to deal with players.

_Oro_
08-14-2009, 01:16 PM

Unfortunately Denver fans had no say in any of the decisions. Now were trying to move on with our lives. And most of us are praying that Cutler fails miserably so our team and FO will look like geniuses while the Bears will look like idiots. Whether that happens or not, who knows. The point is why are people like you hanging around hoping that the Broncos fail. Your worse than Bob or the Bolt fans that come around.

jhns
08-14-2009, 01:25 PM
Unfortunately Denver fans had no say in any of the decisions. Now were trying to move on with our lives. And most of us are praying that Cutler fails miserably so our team and FO will look like geniuses while the Bears will look like idiots. Whether that happens or not, who knows. The point is why are people like you hanging around hoping that the Broncos fail. Your worse than Bob or the Bolt fans that come around.

At least you can admit that you are delusional just to homer out. I can at least respect that.

Your question is retarded though. Why don't you show me a single time I have ever said anything that would indicate I want the team to fail. I want the team to get back on the right track as soon as possible. That would require getting an actual gm and getting a HC that plays HC. Just because I can see failures doesn't mean I want more future failure. I am the one trying to prevent them. You are the ones that are defending this teams decisions as it circles down the drain.

Ambiguous
08-14-2009, 01:30 PM

lol, you mean if we all cry about it Cutler is going to come back? Good thing we still have time! I <3 U CUTLER, PLEASE COME BACK I LUUUUUV YOOOOU!!!

McDman
08-14-2009, 01:33 PM
Who else are we gonna cheer for...the Vikings....thats like saying you think that LA will have an NFL team anytime soon.

Hahaha, my dad is a huge Vikings fan and he grew up in Valley City. I go up to Jamestown a lot and go hunting with my uncles, we usually head out to Ashley and Venturia.

baja
08-14-2009, 02:00 PM

Say you own a company and your production manager is a great asset but he informs you he does not like the new "team first" philosophy you have instituted and wants no part of it and refuses to even take your calls and you have a huge order to fill on the books what do you do? Do you resend the new "team first" philosophy that you believe is what is necessary for the growth and survival of your floundering company in order to keep the valued employee or to you let the employee walk and get whatever compensation you can and move on in the new direction that you believe is necessary to save your business?

TailgateNut
08-14-2009, 02:12 PM
Say you own a company and your production manager is a great asset but he informs you he does not like the new "team first" philosophy you have instituted and wants no part of it and refuses to even take your calls and you have a huge order to fill on the books what do you do? Do you resend the new "team first" philosophy that you believe is what is necessary for the growth and survival of your floundering company in order to keep the valued employee or to you let the employee walk and get whatever compensation you can and move on in the new direction that you believe is necessary to save your business?

That scenario is too complicated for people who are on the C untler love train.

jhns
08-14-2009, 02:23 PM

To bad that is nothing like what happened. How is cutler not ok with team first when he gets mad about the team trying to trade him? It sure sounds to me like he wanted to be here at that time.

How would you feel if you found out your boss was looking for your replacement? Are you happy to receive his messages from there on even though you were one of the best workers the year before? I can certainly see why cutler would want some loyalty from the team he is on. The guy works more and harder than most. Everyone else in the league has no problem showing loyalty to even half way good qbs. Shoot, a lot were bidding a ton just for the chance to tell cutler they want him and wouldn't trade him.

At any rate, why does it matter if cutler got mad? That made him look dumb. The team giving him away hurt the team. Nothing cutler did hurt the team. This is the part you all fail to realize.

jhns
08-14-2009, 02:26 PM
That scenario is too complicated for people who are on the C untler love train.

You seem to be pretty upset that people don't likr cutler being gone. Why is that? Did he kick you in the vag or something?

BroncoBuff
08-14-2009, 02:29 PM
You seem to be pretty upset that people don't likr cutler being gone. Why is that? Did he kick you in the vag or something?
Bingo.

baja and tailgate, I don't get you guys ... Jay was responding to a direct question with, 'yes, I'll voice my preferences.' I actually think it's borderline mandatory for your quarterback to give his input on personnel.

FACT: If Cutler had responded, "it's none of my business who they keep on he roster, that's the coach's concern" ... you guys would've railed on him, "he doesn't care," "there's no fire," "no wonder he has a losing record."

You guys are digging for anything to criticize him for, I don't get that.

Why does he even matter enough to criticize?

baja
08-14-2009, 02:30 PM
To bad that is nothing like what happened. How is cutler not ok with team first when he gets mad about the team trying to trade him? It sure sounds to me like he wanted to be here at that time.

How would you feel if you found out your boss was looking for your replacement? Are you happy to receive his messages from there on even though you were one of the best workers the year before? I can certainly see why cutler would want some loyalty from the team he is on. The guy works more and harder than most. Everyone else in the league has no problem showing loyalty to even half way good qbs. Shoot, a lot were bidding a ton just for the chance to tell cutler they want him and wouldn't trade him.

At any rate, why does it matter if cutler got mad? That made him look dumb. The team giving him away hurt the team. Nothing cutler did hurt the team. This is the part you all fail to realize.

reeves tried to trade Elway, what did John do? Shrugged it off.

Washington has been shopping their QB all off season, he's not crying about it.

You mean they actually considered trading the still unproven Cutler what a crime of high magnitude, I think they should force that Gutless drunk Bowlen into a sanity hearing. You know for the good of the NFL.

NYBronco
08-14-2009, 02:35 PM
Next Cutler will institute a rule/law that no part of any part of the Bear organization can even mention the term "trade" and himself in any connecting way, shape, form or manner.

Thank you Chicago, you have become my second most favorite team.

jhns
08-14-2009, 02:38 PM

Washington has been shopping their QB all off season, he's not crying about it.

You mean they actually considered trading the still unproven Cutler what a crime of high magnitude, I think they should force that Gutless drunk Bowlen into a sanity hearing. You know for the good of the NFL.

Lol

John got that coach fired.... I'm sure cutler would be here if they fired mcdaniels. You then say something about a qb that nobody wants? What? You think that is similar? Cutler wants loyalty because everyone (other than us of course) is willing to give him loyalty and he knows it. Washington doesn't have anyone that fits that description. Proof? Well, just look at the large crowd of teams lining up to bid on them.....

You can say what you want about cutler not being proven. He was proven enough to have teams jumping at any chance they had to get him. The NFL doesn't seem to agree with the butt hurt denver fan. The experienced front offices seem to think cutler is something special. Espn reported 10+ teams called denver after we announced the starting bid would be 2 firsts. Again, the guys that know what they are doing don't agree with you or mcd.

bronco militia
08-14-2009, 02:44 PM
http://www.drewlitton.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/stuffincontestwinn.gif

baja
08-14-2009, 02:48 PM
Lol

John got that coach fired.... I'm sure cutler would be here if they fired mcdaniels. You then say something about a qb that nobody wants? What? You think that is similar? Cutler wants loyalty because everyone (other than us of course) is willing to give him loyalty and he knows it. Washington doesn't have anyone that fits that description. Proof? Well, just look at the large crowd of teams lining up to bid on them.....

You can say what you want about cutler not being proven. He was proven enough to have teams jumping at any chance they had to get him. The NFL doesn't seem to agree with the butt hurt denver fan. The experienced front offices seem to think cutler is something special. Espn reported 10+ teams called denver after we announced the starting bid would be 2 firsts. Again, the guys that know what they are doing don't agree with you or mcd.

Well I guess we just value different attributes, I'm glad cutler is gone.

jhns
08-14-2009, 02:51 PM
I'm glad cutler is gone.

I will believe this is true if you can say it in two years without tears running down your face.

bronco militia
08-14-2009, 02:53 PM
I will believe this is true if you can say it in two years without tears running down your face.

LOL! what a ****ing drama queen

baja
08-14-2009, 02:57 PM

It's simple really, this whole "They disrespected me" thing should never have been a big issue if Cutler was a mature team leader but he proved to be an egomaniac and made a mountain from a mole hill so that behavior says enough for me to be glad he is gone and there will be no tears. He might be all world someday but I'll take the 2 firsts and the third and orton. without the risk that jay had become. It was Cutler that raised the red flags IMO.

jhns
08-14-2009, 03:05 PM
It's simple really, this whole "They disrespected me" thing should never have been a big issue if Cutler was a mature team leader but he proved to be an egomaniac and made a mountain from a mole hill so that behavior says enough for me to be glad he is gone and there will be no tears. He might be all world someday but I'll take the 2 firsts and the third and orton. without the risk that jay had become. It was Cutler that raised the red flags IMO.

Elway got hurt the same as cutler. Are you mad that we allowed him to play here when he was just as immature as cutler through most of his career? How did that team leader thing work out for John? I can't believe these are actually complaints from bronco fans. You should look up some stuff said about john pre-SBs. Everyone said the exact stuff you guys are saying now about cutler. It is crazy that these qualities are considered bad by denver fans. How exactly did cutler hurt the team anyways?

Oh and Elway also agrees with me that it was dumb to trade Cutler.

baja
08-14-2009, 03:09 PM
I don't think Elway was as great as he is remembered either.

No lucky 6th rd pick in Terrell Davis = No SBs

tonngo0
08-14-2009, 03:12 PM

I think this should be say you are a first line supervisor and you are the asset of the company, and the owner of the company just fired the manager and came to you and said don't worry, he will get your input in the next manager. Ok here he goes and hire a new manager from company B, he comes in and said all the right thing, and tell you it is ok, your job is safe ... a month down the road, you found out the new manger trying to convince company B supervisor that he worked with before to come over and take your place. So what are you going to do ? do you want to leave or do you still want to work for the new manager that was trying to blindside you ?

Anyway, Cutler is long gone ... The Broncos is in a rebuilding year anyway. This year with Cutler, the Broncos on the boderline of a playoff. Without Cutler, I don't think it will happen. I think McD is a good coach, and will make some noises in year 3 or 4. The thing is will the fans bail out on the coach after two miserable years ? Don't misunderstand I want the Broncos to do well but I'm not really optimistic this season.

jhns
08-14-2009, 03:14 PM
i don't think elway was as great as he is remembered either.

blasphemy

baja
08-14-2009, 03:16 PM
blasphemy

You're young aren't you

jhns
08-14-2009, 03:23 PM
You're young aren't you

Depends on what is young to you. What are you saying? Those that think elway was good must be young or young people use blasphemy? I am old enough to remember Elway throwing the ball around.

Blueflame
08-14-2009, 03:39 PM
Good grief. :deadhorse

It's a non-issue even to Chicago... why should Broncos fans care? Anyway, if he causes drama and problems for the Bears, all the better for us.

Circle Orange
08-16-2009, 01:04 PM
One full sip
Of Ego trip
makes you look dope
run that lip
your game will slip
get hung with your own rope

Circle Orange
08-16-2009, 01:06 PM
I don't think Elway was as great as he is remembered either.

No lucky 6th rd pick in Terrell Davis = No SBs

no hall of fame qb in Elway = No SB appearances for Terrell. Forgive me, I'm cranky today. :~ohyah!:

NYBronco
08-16-2009, 01:12 PM
Cutler was doing it here in Denver.

"Quarterback Jay Cutler certainly didn't."

"I was talking to Mike yesterday about personnel moves," he said in an interview on KCNC-TV in Denver. "I'm as shocked as anybody else. I think it's the wrong move."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3800768

Meck77
08-18-2009, 10:44 PM
Jay is the man.

JCMElway
08-18-2009, 10:52 PM
Stop Jay bumping these threads!

Crap. Now I just did it. AAaargh!

DarkHorse30
08-18-2009, 11:55 PM
Hahaha, my dad is a huge Vikings fan and he grew up in Valley City. I go up to Jamestown a lot and go hunting with my uncles, we usually head out to Ashley and Venturia.

Ha ha, ditto except my dad grew up in Cooperstown (ND, not NY). I talked to him today and he can't bring himself to root for FAR (his name for the ageless wonder, apparently norwegians don't pronounce the Vuh part....probably too french).

NFC North should be an interesting crapshoot with all those potential HOFer QBs running around

uplink
08-19-2009, 12:06 AM
How long till a reporter asks Jay if he has a stronger arm than Farve? My guess is 3 weeks.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

watermock
08-19-2009, 12:23 AM

Hardly. Jesus Christ. After the Maddox fiasco?

He threatened to retire, clamored for Reeves head, or be traded.

He was furious and frustrated.

Sound familiar?

Rock Chalk
08-19-2009, 12:25 AM
Hardly. Jesus Christ. After the Maddox fiasco?

He threatened to retire, clamored for Reeves head, or be traded.

He was furious and frustrated.

Sound familiar?

Of course, he did just get done taking the Broncos to 3 out of 4 Superbowls. By that time I think he had the right to be furious and frustrated as he had DEFINITELY proven himself to be a franchise QB.

Meanwhile Cutler couldnt even lead us to a single playoff game with a 3 game divsiion lead with 3 to go and playing a 5 win Buffalo team at HOME to seal the deal.

399 yards 0 tds 1 red zone interception costing us the game.

Yeah, eerily familiar huh?