PDA

View Full Version : Fat Bill Williamson says Orton sucks.....

broncofan2438
08-13-2009, 03:15 PM
http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/27840/nfl-with-bill-williamson

Scroll down and read through the posts. Williamson basically says Orton sucks

broncosteven
08-13-2009, 03:24 PM
Get out your pitchforks!

Pick Six
08-13-2009, 03:27 PM
He also said that Tom Cable will get through next season without ANY rumors of being fired. That should show anybody what his takes are worth...:rofl:

broncosteven
08-13-2009, 03:28 PM
BTW I did buy a used copy of War and peace this spring to read over the summer maybe I can move that to Football season.

Hercules Rockefeller
08-13-2009, 03:31 PM
Jesus. One moron asks if Selvin Young is still on the team and then someone from Co Spgs asks if Scheffler is still on the team. Way to represent today Broncos fans.

RhymesayersDU
08-13-2009, 03:34 PM
Personal attacks aren't cool, man.

/smirk

Al Wilson
How does Burger Bill have a job ? And how the hell is he working with ESPN

Rulon Velvet Jones
Yeah, and a guy like Philip Rivers throws darts. What's with the dig, Bill?

Pick Six
08-13-2009, 03:35 PM
Jesus. One moron asks if Selvin Young is still on the team and then someone from Co Spgs asks if Scheffler is still on the team. Way to represent today Broncos fans.

I don't think that guy's a Broncos fan. I think he's a Texas Longhorns fan who's trying to follow Selvin Young's career.

Borks147
08-13-2009, 03:36 PM
my god. two things:

1. some "fans" kinda suck. "How is Selvin Young doing this camp"..."is Tony Sheffler (sic) still on the team?"

2. Burger Bill is the least insightful POS reporter ever. "What does Jamarcus Russell have to do this year"...."get better". Seriously? Thats not even funny!

DenverBrit
Buy Bill a burger and he'll say anything you want.

http://kerryosborne.oracle-guy.com/files/2009/05/wimpy.jpg

Borks147
D'oh, read my mind Herc

TheDave
08-13-2009, 03:37 PM
Well, we know Burger Bill sucks... then again, even a broken clock is right twice a day.

521 1N5
08-13-2009, 03:39 PM
I'll bet his blood pressure is sky high.

Drek
08-13-2009, 03:44 PM
He's got to hit that ESPN talking point of "Cutler is great, Orton sucks, McDaniels screwed up!" that Bus Cook tells them is needed if they want Brett Favre to ever sit on their football panel.

Houshyamama
08-13-2009, 03:47 PM
http://cache.deadspin.com/sports/ortondrunk2.jpg

broncosteven
08-13-2009, 03:48 PM
Well, we know Burger Bill sucks... then again, even a broken clock is right twice a day.

What if it is a digital clock?

Broncos4tw
08-13-2009, 03:49 PM
Culter is pretty good, Orton doesn't suck, he is probably your average NFL QB, and McD did screw up.

TheDave
08-13-2009, 03:52 PM
What if it is a digital clock?

are we talking all ****ed up showing nothing kind of broken or just semi screwed blinking 12:00 broken?

broncosteven
08-13-2009, 03:53 PM
are we talking all ****ed up showing nothing kind of broken or just semi screwed blinking 12:00 broken?

all ****ed up showing nothing kind

boltaneer
08-13-2009, 03:53 PM
Not many people have a high opinion of Orton. Why would another negative opinion of him be a surprise?

bronclvr
08-13-2009, 03:54 PM
http://cache.deadspin.com/sports/ortondrunk2.jpg

Looks like Kyle's been talking to Plummer! :strong:

broncofan2438
08-13-2009, 03:56 PM

Thats what I am trying to figure out.

DomCasual
08-13-2009, 03:56 PM
That chat is almost shockingly worthless. How in the world does he keep a job?

TheDave
08-13-2009, 04:14 PM
all ****ed up showing nothing kind

In that case, I retract my previous statement... ;D

BroncoBuff
08-13-2009, 04:15 PM
Q: Rex Hughes (Baltimore)
What's your take on Kyle Orton? Word is that he moves his feet like they're stuck in a vat of dough...I hope that's not what you're seeing.

A: Bill WilliamsonAnd you could read War and Peace before his long ball gets to the target.

Archer81
08-13-2009, 04:17 PM

What's your take on Kyle Orton? Word is that he moves his feet like they're stuck in a vat of dough...I hope that's not what you're seeing.

A: Bill Williamson

And you could read War and Peace before his long ball gets to the target.

Considering a majority of the Patriots passing attack is screens and short slants, and so far in camp that seems to remain the general theme, does it matter if he can chuck it 60 yards?

:Broncos:

Atwater His Ass
08-13-2009, 04:33 PM
Maybe he said that, well, because Orton isn't very good? Please refer to your opinion of Orton over his career prior to him becoming a Bronco. Oh that's right. You said the same thing.

Orange colored glasses are orange.

SonOfLe-loLang
08-13-2009, 04:35 PM

A: Bill WilliamsonAnd you could read War and Peace before his long ball gets to the target.

Well, Cutler's long ball sailed in the air and hit the grass in record time.

Black59Razor
08-13-2009, 04:39 PM
Joe Montana and Jim Plunkett didn't throw bullets either.

Nor did Chad Pennington last year for the Dolphins.

Arm strength may be the single most over-rated trait of a quarterback.

Drek
08-13-2009, 04:49 PM
Maybe he said that, well, because Orton isn't very good? Please refer to your opinion of Orton over his career prior to him becoming a Bronco. Oh that's right. You said the same thing.

I was actually a fan and thought he had a better than average chance of being a good QB in this league, thanks.

NUB
08-13-2009, 04:53 PM
I was hoping Bill would apologize for his triple post.

Black59Razor

Maybe so, but he is on the last year of his contract....who says we are stuck with him long term?

Black59Razor

Come on, that could just as easily be a server deal...

DomCasual
08-13-2009, 05:13 PM

Thank the good Lord we have people like you to keep us grounded.

Atwater His Ass
08-13-2009, 05:13 PM
I was actually a fan and thought he had a better than average chance of being a good QB in this league, thanks.

Good for you.

Maybe so, but he is on the last year of his contract....who says we are stuck with him long term?

Even better. I really hope we can model all those successful teams throughout the history of the league that have a revolving door at QB.

DomCasual
08-13-2009, 05:14 PM

The jelly from his donut made the Enter key stick.

Taco John
08-13-2009, 05:15 PM
I don't believe Williamson. War and Peace is a pretty long book.

Chris
08-13-2009, 05:25 PM
I can't believe this guy gets paid. Crap, short answers that give no additional info at all.

"Good"

"Bad"

"Brutal"

DomCasual
08-13-2009, 05:26 PM
I don't believe Williamson. War and Peace is a pretty long book.

And Bill isn't exactly the quickest reader. It almost sounds like hyperbole.

lex
08-13-2009, 05:40 PM

Thats not true. Plunkett was really good at the deep ball.

broncosteven
08-13-2009, 05:47 PM
Thats not true. Plunkett was really good at the deep ball.

And he had a speedy WR who could catchup to it.

Archer81
08-13-2009, 05:55 PM
I'd like to see Williamson throw the deep ball. That would be interesting. Whats the over on him dropping dead of a heart attack?

:Broncos:

colonelbeef
08-13-2009, 06:09 PM

Precisely.

Orton is quite mediocre, possibly even a step below. Why is this honest assessment surprising anybody?

Sodak
08-13-2009, 06:25 PM
Are you sure he was saying Orton sucks? Because I thought he was really saying Orton was a transexual... Wasn't that what Burger Bill REALLY meant?

You have to read his posts really careful, and slow. You'll see it.

Transexual.

orinjkrush
08-13-2009, 06:29 PM
Williams is obviously a shut down reporter.

Drek
08-13-2009, 06:36 PM
Good for you.

Yep, it is. But you know what's better? I'm not the jackass who tries calling people out as homers with a comment like that, only to have that piece of **** shown to be the straw man argument it is less than a page of discussion later.

Precisely.

Orton is quite mediocre, possibly even a step below. Why is this honest assessment surprising anybody?

Because it tries to encapsulate what a 26 year old who only just beat out the coach's pet to start last year for the first time since he was a rookie, who worked with almost no offensive talent around him and poor offensive coaching, into a single "he's mediocre" statement?

In other words, its in no way an honest assessment. In fact, its an incredibly biased statement completely lacking perspective. Some would say obtuse. Others would say deceptive. You take your pick.

Hogan11
08-13-2009, 06:38 PM
Williams is obviously a shut down reporter.

No kidding....what a total waste of time that was :nono:

Atwater His Ass
08-13-2009, 06:59 PM
Yep, it is. But you know what's better? I'm not the jackass who tries calling people out as homers with a comment like that, only to have that piece of **** shown to be the straw man argument it is less than a page of discussion later.

you may quite possibly be the only one on this entire board who though orton was anything above average prior to him becoming a bronco. ill still bet at the end of last season you would have laughed your ass off at the thought trading cutler for orton and some draft picks.

but anyway, cool story bro.

rastaman
08-13-2009, 07:34 PM
Not many people have a high opinion of Orton. Why would another negative opinion of him be a surprise?

The Bears fans weren't sorry to see him go. In fact the Bear fans are snickering behind the Bronco fans back.....b/c Denver took Orton off the Bears hands.

kamakazi_kal
08-13-2009, 07:45 PM

Because it tries to encapsulate what a 26 year old who only just beat out the coach's pet to start last year for the first time since he was a rookie, who worked with almost no offensive talent around him and poor offensive coaching, into a single "he's mediocre" statement?

In other words, its in no way an honest assessment. In fact, its an incredibly biased statement completely lacking perspective. Some would say obtuse. Others would say deceptive. You take your pick.

I don't know about all that. The bears have a very good tightend and top 5 RB. Has anyone ever stopped to think that maybe they just restricted the playbook for the 2 QB's that are no longer on the team?

Who's to say because Orton had a less then stellar arm they had to cut back some of the plays due to how windy it gets in that stadium. Truth is your statement is just as biased. You have no idea what the offensive coaching for Chicago is capable of with a pro bowl calibur QB at the helm. Just what they can do with Orton and Grossman. (who both are average or below in my opinion)

You can always go back to the "magic" McD system argument though. I guess we will get the first glimpse of it tommorrow though if it goes good or bad I'm going to read to much into it. Game 1 will be the true meter.

Blueflame
08-13-2009, 07:55 PM
The fact is... a few short months ago, if the topic of Kyle Orton had come up here on the Mane, the common consensus of opinion would have been that he sucks (or at best, was "below average"). But he's a Bronco now, so we have to believe that he's well above average 'cause to think otherwise is "not being a good Broncos fan"... :P

Ambiguous
08-13-2009, 08:02 PM

Oh for Christ sake we're comparing Orton to Montana now? I'm all for being a homer but let's reign it in a notch.

maher_tyler
08-13-2009, 08:04 PM

ESPN...all you to know!!

maher_tyler
08-13-2009, 09:00 PM
Oh for Christ sake we're comparing Orton to Montana now? I'm all for being a homer but let's reign it in a notch.

He's just saying that you don't HAVE to HAVE a rocket of an arm to be a good QB! I hope like hell know one is dumb enough to compare Orton to a Hall of Fame QB...i don't think we need to keep re-hashing that he's an average QB. Though he's still farely young and could become an above average one!

BroncoBuff
08-13-2009, 09:02 PM
I'm not a big Orton fan yet ... but seriously, what's not to like? He's not a Pro Bowler, sure, but he's reasonably efficient and doesn't throw alotta picks. Seems to me the biggest drawback is that for some reason Lovie didn't like him.

It's still a letdown (to me at least) that we lost a stud star, and are now left with just a game manager, but Ayers and Alphonso might make it all worthwhile eventually. Two solid defensive playmakers and a game manager is not such a bad tradeoff. Especially since our offense is so sick loaded anyway.

In fact this whole trade seems to me to be shaping up potentially similar to the Herschel Walker deal.

BroncoBuff
08-13-2009, 09:04 PM
The Bears fans weren't sorry to see him go. In fact the Bear fans are snickering behind the Bronco fans back.....b/c Denver took Orton off the Bears hands.

Yeah, but why exactly are they snickering?

Cutler is definitely a better QB, but what exactly is Orton's downside? People gripe he has a "low" completion percentage, but it's not THAT low.

I still miss Jay, but Orton's decent.

Blueflame
08-13-2009, 09:23 PM
Yeah, but why exactly are they snickering?

Cutler is definitely a better QB, but what exactly is Orton's downside? People gripe he has a "low" completion percentage, but it's not THAT low.

I still miss Jay, but Orton's decent.

The Bears' front office had to have viewed Cutler as a very significant upgrade over Orton; there's no other reason why they would have given up as much compensation as they did... plus Orton... otherwise.

bronco militia
08-13-2009, 10:09 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oiNaadVOQEM&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oiNaadVOQEM&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Merlin
08-13-2009, 10:31 PM
In fact this whole trade seems
Way too early to be calling "seems". They have yet to play a down in the NFL.