PDA

View Full Version : Moss performing after one-on-one coaching. A glimmer of hope?

chickennob2
08-13-2009, 01:04 PM
From the team blog, Day 12 pm

PLAYMAKERS: Before practice, Jarvis Moss worked with Nunnely one-on-one, focusing on how to use his hands to fight off blockers. Apparently the tutoring was a success, because Moss was all over the place during practice. During one-on-one drills with the offensive line, Moss thought he had a sack, but Nunnely said he went too far past the quarterback, who would've simply stepped up in the pocket and thrown the ball. So on the next rep, Moss ripped past his blocker and got to the quarterback, drawing a "There you go! Good!" from Nunnely.

But Moss wasn't done. In 11-on-11s, Moss sprinted into the backfield and wrapped up Darius Walker for a loss, bringing loud encouragement from the defense on the sideline. Finally, with the offense and defense practicing the two-minute drill, Moss blitzed and notched a sack on Kyle Orton.

Moss having success in practice obviously doesn't mean much, especially when the official team blogger failed to tell us who was blocking him. But one point that shouldn't be overlooked is the fact that this success came after one-on-one tutoring from his position coach about hand placement.

Might this be a sign of the improved production due to improved coaching that we all have longed to see? Could Denver actually be developing a defensive player?

Discuss.

Rock Chalk
08-13-2009, 01:06 PM
Yes, maybe, doubtful.

alkemical
08-13-2009, 01:07 PM
kinda sorta not really

Inkana7
08-13-2009, 01:09 PM
What? You mean that just screaming at a player doesn't make him better?

TheReverend
08-13-2009, 01:11 PM
After one one-on-one coaching session, he's obviously ready to set the league on fire now.

DPOY

underrated29
08-13-2009, 01:17 PM
Sending good vibes towards moss....

dllldllldoo ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~~ ~ ~ ~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~
dllldllldoo ~~ ~ ~ ~~ ~ ~ ~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~ ~~~
dlldllldoo ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~~ ~~~~ ~ ~~ ~~ ~~~ ~~
dlldlldoo ~ ~~ ~~~~ ~~~ ~~ ~~~ ~~ ~ ~~ ~~~ ~

TheReverend
08-13-2009, 01:18 PM
Sending good vibes towards moss....

dllldllldoo ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~~ ~ ~ ~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~
dllldllldoo ~~ ~ ~ ~~ ~ ~ ~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~ ~~~
dlldllldoo ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~~ ~~~~ ~ ~~ ~~ ~~~ ~~
dlldlldoo ~ ~~ ~~~~ ~~~ ~~ ~~~ ~~ ~ ~~ ~~~ ~

Isn't that actually how you start a dream sequence in Wayne's World....?

underrated29
08-13-2009, 01:20 PM

BINGO!

:notworthy

HooptyHoops
08-13-2009, 01:21 PM
Anything is a glimer of hope for Moss....

SoDak Bronco
08-13-2009, 01:21 PM
He is to much of a liability vs. the run. The guy is not strong enough to hold the line once he is engaged by blockers, so if he can figure out how to use his hands better it should help,

lex
08-13-2009, 01:22 PM
I know to many Moss has been written off as garbage but if the Giants liked him, there must be something there. And the Giants havent missed alot on their front 7 picks. It would be great if Moss, Crowder, Doom or some combination of the three can really step up with improved coaching. It makes me more eager to see what happens when someone not named Slowik is calling the defenses too.

I still go back to it coming down to what you do on third down. If they can step up on third downs, it could go a long way. The 10 yard cushions on 3rd and 5 were back breakers.

RhymesayersDU
08-13-2009, 01:23 PM
Oh awesome, here come the "Moss looked great today! and Moss will be a beast this year! training camp reports."

Dean
08-13-2009, 01:23 PM

Depends upon the player and what you scream.

Beantown Bronco
08-13-2009, 01:31 PM
Oh awesome, here come the "Moss looked great today! and Moss will be a beast this year! training camp reports."

I affectionately refer to this as the "Amon Gordon" effect.

DomCasual
08-13-2009, 01:37 PM
Moss is the new Hixon.

Florida_Bronco
08-13-2009, 01:58 PM

I'm shocked!

PRBronco
08-13-2009, 02:07 PM
Hmm, do you think this year they will decide to really let the D line loose? To have them pin their ears back?

DarkHorse
08-13-2009, 02:15 PM
While most of us are a bit skeptical i'm sure we're all HOPING SO.

azbroncfan
08-13-2009, 02:17 PM
All they have ever done is yell and scream a bunch of jibberish at him and refused to coach him. This year they are going to uncover him and TURN HIM LOOSE and he is going to get 10 plus sacks.

MileHighMagic
08-13-2009, 02:38 PM
All they have ever done is yell and scream a bunch of jibberish at him and refused to coach him. This year they are going to uncover him and TURN HIM LOOSE and he is going to get 10 plus sacks.

You hold on tight to that one and I'll be here waiting for Eva Longoria to call.

rastaman
08-13-2009, 03:17 PM

This year Moss learns the techniques and get valuable game experience. In the offseason he's assigned a strength and nurtrionist to gain 15-25 lbs of muscle.....and look out 2010!!!!!!Booya!

backup qb
08-13-2009, 03:47 PM

How do you/we know that that is all they did? Refused to coach him? Ummm, yeah ok, most clubs ignore 1st rd picks and refuse to aid in their development. Gimme a break.

Dr. Broncenstein
08-13-2009, 03:55 PM
We'll see a return on Moss right after Torrain "gets healthy" and starts tearing up the league. This guy is a certified bust... which is fine. Just admit it and move on.

maher_tyler
08-13-2009, 03:58 PM

Great movie!!

Lolad
08-13-2009, 04:02 PM
Hmm, do you think this year they will decide to really let the D line loose? To have them pin their ears back?

LOL.. I know this has to be sarcasm because the players and coaches have been saying the same thing for years now

Atwater His Ass
08-13-2009, 04:31 PM
I asked my eight ball. "Very Doubtful".

azbroncfan
08-13-2009, 04:53 PM
How do you/we know that that is all they did? Refused to coach him? Ummm, yeah ok, most clubs ignore 1st rd picks and refuse to aid in their development. Gimme a break.

Ask his homers.

Kaylore
08-13-2009, 05:07 PM
I asked my eight ball. "Very Doubtful".

I have one too and got the "yes" answer. Seriously. Moss is going to break out per my seeing stone!

chickennob2
08-13-2009, 05:12 PM
My point wasn't "Hey look! Moss is going to be great!" It was more of a "Hey look! Having position coaches who actually coach is great, isn't it?"