PDA

View Full Version : Given the way the OM summer has gone this deserves it'e own thread...

baja
08-13-2009, 08:27 AM
<b>Originally posted by TonyR</b>

Cutler wants say in final roster
Posted by Mike Florio on August 13, 2009 8:22 AM ET

And so as the last quarterback who mistakenly believed that his job duties included the functions of a General Manager fades (we think) into the Mississippi sunset, a new candidate for player-executive emerges.

Jay Cutler.

Cutler, per the Arlington Daily Herald, intends to give his input on the team's final roster.

"I think they're definitely going to ask me," Cuter said. "If they don't ask me, I'm going to tell them what I think because I've got to be the one throwing to them on game day, and I've got to trust them."

Look, the extent to which the starting quarterback and his receivers work together has to be a significant factor in shaping the depth chart. But there's a line, somewhere, that the quarterback shouldn't try to cross.

Publicly indicating that he intends to chime in on who should stay and who should go probably is on the other side of that line.

And if the Bears don't nip this in the bud, it won't stop with Cutler telling the media that he plans to tell the coaches which guys should be turning in their playbooks. What if they keep someone he doesn't want? Will Cutler make his feelings known outside the organization?

Or what if Cutler isn't happy with the offseason decisions that the franchise is making? Will he make like Lord Favre (and, to a certain extent, Donovan McNabb) and make his displeasure known?

Caveat emptor, Chicago. We know you wanted him, but just how closely were the powers that be paying attention to how this guy was behaving as he was trying to get out of Denver?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-final-roster/

http://www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=313503&src=148

baja
08-13-2009, 08:30 AM
I think we were very lucky to dump Cutler when we did and time will show we got way more than he was worth in exchange.

Archer81
08-13-2009, 08:32 AM
Well, as you know Jay Cutler made Royal a star...

:Broncos:

Mr.Meanie
08-13-2009, 08:34 AM
Lovie Smith:

"Yeah, sure, all the players have influence, I mean we listen to them," he said. "Of course we'll listen to the quarterback, and not only the quarterback, but the rest of our team, too. We want to know how a player fits into the rest of the group. The quarterback has to feel comfortable with the receivers, so we listen to them but in the end we know who is going to make those kinds of decisions."

Oh no! Lovie referred to Jay as "the quarterback"! Drama must surely ensue

TheElusiveKyleOrton
08-13-2009, 08:36 AM
Lovie Smith:

How will Jay ever get over such disrespect?!

Demanding a trade (then denying he ever wanted it to come to that) in 3, 2, 1...

baja
I am so glad Cutler is not a Bronco.

backup qb
non story

Hotrod
08-13-2009, 08:39 AM
Jay loves him some mother ****ing Jay Ha!

baja
08-13-2009, 08:40 AM
non story

True but it is indicative of the huge ego that Jay Cutler is growing for himself and that is not a joy to be around so good he is gone before it grows so big his head falls off.

DenverBrit
08-13-2009, 08:44 AM
non story

and yet.....so Jay!

Hotrod
08-13-2009, 08:44 AM
True but it is indicative of the huge ego that Jay Cutler is growing for himself and that is not a joy to be around so good he is gone before it grows so big his head falls off.

You need to leave Jay alone Baja. He is afterall a part of Bronco history. He is the QB that lead the single greatest end of season meltdown in team history. That is surely worth something :wiggle:

kamakazi_kal
08-13-2009, 08:46 AM
....... man, friday just can't get here soon enough. We need some new topics here on the OM.

baja
08-13-2009, 08:48 AM
You need to leave Jay alone Baja. He is afterall a part of Bronco history. He is the QB that lead the single greatest end of season meltdown in team history. That is surely worth something :wiggle:

I will remember him as RELTUCYAJ

gunns
08-13-2009, 08:48 AM
Let it go guys, please, let it go.

DenverBrit
08-13-2009, 08:49 AM

And Orton has the Burden of playing in his shadow. ;D

Archer81
08-13-2009, 08:52 AM

Oh noes...not..."the shadow"...as awe inspiring and massive as a shadow at high noon, Jays is...

baja
08-13-2009, 08:54 AM

"Let it go"? I'm elated he is gone and have been since the news was first announced just posting the mile stones of a man's ego bringing him down

Hulamau
08-13-2009, 09:00 AM
I am so glad Cutler is not a Bronco.

Amen . And Urlacher is only one more 'Pussy' comment away from getting the Axe from Heir Cutler :-)

Rabb
08-13-2009, 09:08 AM
it's only going to get better throughout the season

meangene
08-13-2009, 09:10 AM
With every passing day, and every time he opens his mouth, Jay only confirms we made the right move.

ScottXray
08-13-2009, 09:21 AM
BWAHAAHAA!

He Who Shall Not Be Named is now naming names and is going to call
others out to his coaches.

Next he'll tell the Chicago owners who should be coaching, and whether they are compatible with his Game.

Ego Gone Wild!

Again!

TailgateNut
08-13-2009, 09:29 AM

:rofl:

Will he have to choke everytime he gets into the Red Zone?

TailgateNut
08-13-2009, 09:31 AM
With every passing day, and every time he opens his mouth, Jay only confirms we made the right move.

How can you even utter the notion that "ridding ourselves of this egomaniac" was a good idea? The blasphemy!;D

Taco John
08-13-2009, 09:31 AM
I don't get it. If Elway wasn't giving the coaches his feedback on the roster, then he had no nuts.

And we all know that Elway had the biggest nuts in Colorado.

Get over it already.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
08-13-2009, 09:32 AM

Don't you have to capitalize "His"?

TailgateNut
08-13-2009, 09:33 AM
I don't get it. If Elway wasn't giving the coaches his feedback on the roster, then he had no nuts.

Get over it already.
The biggest nuts in Colorado are usually attached to the Bull which is paraded through the Brown Palace after the Stock show. I'll excuse your lack of Ball size, considering that you're not a Native. :wiggle:

Taco John
08-13-2009, 09:35 AM
The biggest nuts in Colorado are usually attached to the Bull which is paraded through the Brown Palace after the Stock show. I'll excuse your lack of Ball size, considering that you're not a Native. :wiggle:

Elway's set are even bigger than that.

Meck77
08-13-2009, 09:36 AM

Get over it already.

Let me explain it to you Taco.

cutler is no ELWAY. Many of you swung from cuts nuts the second we drafted him saying he was going to be the next Elway. It was comical. Elway was a winner throughout his football career long before NFL. Cutler never has been and it's quite possible may not be in Chicago either. Time will tell.

Cuts place in the history of the Broncos will be just a painful streak of pathetic seasons without seeing the playoffs. That's it.

TonyR
08-13-2009, 09:37 AM
I don't get it.

Let me help you out: NEVER compare Jay Cutler to John Elway unless doing so in jest.

Peoples Champ
08-13-2009, 09:39 AM
I think we were very lucky to dump Cutler when we did and time will show we got way more than he was worth in exchange.

I am starting to think the same thing, only time will tell. Lets just hope he doesnt lead the Bears to any superbowls.

~Crash~
08-13-2009, 09:39 AM
Lovie Smith:

do not talk common sense to these guys.

Like Elway never had a final say who his WR were ...:~ohyah!:

Archer81
08-13-2009, 09:40 AM

Like elway never had a final say who his WR were ...:~ohyah!:

He didnt. I also dont think Elway would have gone out of his way to dictate roster, either.

TheDave
08-13-2009, 09:42 AM
Let me explain it to you Taco.

cutler is no ELWAY. Many of you swung from cuts nuts the second we drafted him saying he was going to be the next Elway. It was comical. Elway was a winner throughout his football career long before NFL. Cutler never has been and it's quite possible may not be in Chicago either. Time will tell.

Cuts place in the history of the Broncos will be just a painful streak of pathetic seasons without seeing the playoffs. That's it.

This is a perfect example of how the "Elway Legend" has grown way beyond reality... Elway was considered someone who could not win the big game until 98'. Up until then, he had lost (in spectacular fashion) 3 superbowls, never took Stanford to a bowl game, nor did his high school team win anything.

Elway was not considered a "Winner" until Shanahan and TD came to town.

As far as what Cutler said... Right idea wrong choice of words. Pretty common with Jay

521 1N5
08-13-2009, 09:45 AM
Get over it already.
No.

Rohirrim
08-13-2009, 09:47 AM

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA! NEVER!

Shouldn't Jay be requesting a separate contract to cover his GM duties? Bus should get right on that.

521 1N5
Tell somebody to "get over it" again and I will post a Cutler article every ****in day of the season.

Popps
I don't get it. If Elway wasn't giving the coaches his feedback on the roster, then he had no nuts..

Will you please stop comparing an NFL legend like Elway to some bowl-haircut bitch who hasn't won a damned thing.

Get over it already.

Oh look guys, it's Taco's 400th post about Cutler today, telling other people to "get over it."

See, when Taco posts in Cutler threads, he's over it... but if you're not a Cutler-widow, you're not over it.

Get it? Makes sense, right?

Anyway... listen to Taco, folks. He knows his ****. He's the same guy who told us Shanahan would never be fired, the day before he was fired.

Rohirrim
08-13-2009, 09:48 AM

Not when Reeves was his coach. ;D

TheReverend
08-13-2009, 09:49 AM
http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w182/wak34/whatwhat.gif

Hercules Rockefeller
08-13-2009, 09:49 AM

Ed Reed

Meck77
08-13-2009, 09:51 AM
This is a perfect example of how the "Elway Legend" has grown way beyond reality... Elway was considered someone who could not win the big game until 98'.

WINNER-One who wins. I don't think I need to go over Broncos history with you. Superbowl winners are in a class all by themselves. By your own definition then clearly Cutler is not a winner as he never was in a bowl game nor has he led his team to a playoff appearance.

I'll even lay a friendly wager down with you that says the Bears miss the playoffs this year. You name the bet.

* Passed for 5,711 yards and 49 touchdowns in high school.
* Passed for 9,349 yards and 77 touchdowns while at Stanford.
* Led nation with 24 touchdown passes in 1982.
* Two-time Pac-10 Player of the Year: 1980 and 1982.
* Consensus First Team All-American in 1982.
* Finished second in the voting for the Heisman Trophy as a senior in 1982.
* Elected to the College Football Hall of Fame in 2000.
* Voted NFL MVP in 1987.
* Five-time starting Super Bowl quarterback: NFL Record.
* Won two Super Bowls: 1997 and 1998.
* Named Super Bowl MVP in 1998.
* Nine-time Pro Bowler: 1986-87, 1989, 1991, 1993-93, and 1996-98.
* Holds numerous Broncos all-time team records, including: most total offensive yards, most total touchdowns, most career passing yards, and most career touchdown passes.
* Ranks first all-time in NFL history with 47 game-winning or game-tying fourth quarter drives.
* Ranks first all-time in NFL history with 148 career wins as a starting quarterback.
* Ranks first all-time in NFL history in number of times sacked: 516.
* Ranks third all-time in NFL history with 51,475 career passing yards.
* Ranks fourth all-time in NFL history with 300 career passing touchdowns.
* Only player in NFL history with at least 50,000 career passing yards and at least 3,000 career rushing yards.
* Only player in NFL history with seven seasons in a row of at least 3,000 passing yards and at least 200 rushing yards.
* Inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame on August 8, 2004.

Hotrod
08-13-2009, 09:54 AM
Ed Reed

:notworthy

Taco John
08-13-2009, 09:55 AM
Let me explain it to you, Meck.

I spent my entire youth defending Elway's crybaby antics. The guy carried himself like this was his world and we were just living in it. And you know what? I loved every second of it. I believed in Elway, not because he had a great college career. Not because he had such a great personality. I loved it because I recognized that Elway had so much talent, but had burndened himself with so much of his own weight. I loved watching him struggle, fight, win, lose (well I didn't love the losing, but in contrast with the back to back title, the contrast of those losses made winning the title that much sweeter), keep at it, and eventually triumph.

Guys like you and Popps aren't going to teach me anything about the Broncos. You guys can play whatever history altering game you want where you pretend that Elway and Cutler don't have notable similaraties, particularly surrounding their egos and their arm strength. The similarities are there on display for anybody to see.

Whatever you want to say about Cutler's history with the Broncos is immaterial to me. His history with the NFL is still a work in progress, and his history with the Broncos is going to be nothing but a sidenote to that.

I like the guy for all the same reasons that I liked Elway. That doesn't mean that I'm putting the two on the same shelf. Clearly Cutler hasn't achieved what Elway achieved in his career. But I'm not going to stop enjoying the unfolding of what I believe to be an extremely promising career just because the Broncos mishandled a player situation. I liked Shanahan even after he screwed up the Shannon Sharpe situation. I'm going to be able to manage liking to follow Jay Cutler's career while still loving the Broncos.

Taco John
08-13-2009, 09:56 AM
Let me help you out: NEVER compare Jay Cutler to John Elway unless doing so in jest.

I would rather not operate out of the same space of denial that you apparently do.

TheDave
08-13-2009, 10:00 AM
WINNER-One who wins. I don't think I need to go over Broncos history with you. Superbowl winners are in a class all by themselves. By your own definition then clearly Cutler is not a winner as he never was in a bowl game nor has he led his team to a playoff appearance.

I'll even lay a friendly wager down with you that says the Bears miss the playoffs this year. You name the bet.

* Voted NFL MVP in 1987.
* Holds numerous Broncos all-time team records, including: most total offensive yards, most total touchdowns, most career passing yards, and most career touchdown passes.
* Ranks first all-time in NFL history with 47 game-winning or game-tying fourth quarter drives.
* Ranks first all-time in NFL history with 148 career wins as a starting quarterback.
* Only player in NFL history with at least 50,000 career passing yards and at least 3,000 career rushing yards.
* Only player in NFL history with seven seasons in a row of at least 3,000 passing yards and at least 200 rushing yards.

awesome... Thanks for the complete stats of a guy who played 15 years. By the way Marino's stats are even better, and no one considers him a "Winner"

You don't want to compare Elways stats through 3 years vs. Jays...

As for the bet... with the bears schedule they will make the playoffs with no matter who their QB is. Considering we have their pick, I hope you are right, but I doubt it.

TailgateNut
08-13-2009, 10:01 AM
Well, if he's anything like John, he'll never sniff a superbowl title. Type 1 diabetes and partying like it's 1999 don't mix, and he wont make it long enough to win the Big One.
In addition, the mood swings associated with diabetes will get him clobbered on more than one occasion. A blackened eye in addition to loss of eyesight due to out of control sugar levels does not bode well for an NFL QB.

TATA!

521 1N5
08-13-2009, 10:03 AM
I would rather not operate out of the same space of denial that you apparently do.

Yeah silly- I mean the guy runs a Broncos message board. Obviously he knows ALL. Kinda sounds like Coach Cutler.

Hotrod
08-13-2009, 10:05 AM
Just kick the ****ing ball already LMAO

Taco John
08-13-2009, 10:07 AM
Just kick the ****ing ball already LMAO

I can't wait until we play the Bears. This place is going to be pumping out epic threads at rates never witnessed before.

baja
08-13-2009, 10:07 AM

Ya and Elway put his stamp on 12 years of Reeves run, run, run, John bail me out game play and he had draft input too proof of that is he signed off on drafting a first round QB as his replacement.

But most importantly STOP COMPARING JOHN ELWAY TO JAY CUTLER

Elway earned the right to have receiver roster input

TheReverend
08-13-2009, 10:09 AM
awesome... Thanks for the complete stats of a guy who played 15 years. By the way Marino's stats are even better, and no one considers him a "Winner"

You don't want to compare Elways stats through 3 years vs. Jays...

As for the bet... with the bears schedule they will make the playoffs with no matter who their QB is. Considering we have their pick, I hope you are right, but I doubt it.

Haven't you heard? We now WANT low picks because the draft is a crap shoot and we'd just be wasting money.

Taco John
I would never compare John Elway to Jay Cutler.

I would, however, contrast and compare Jay Cutler with John Elway.

baja
He didnt. I also dont think Elway would have gone out of his way to dictate roster, either.

And even if he did he would never bragg about it in the media...

jhns
08-13-2009, 10:11 AM
Really? You guys are jumping on this like he actually said something. To me, it looks like the writer as well as the bronco fans don't know much about the enlish language.

What is sad is how people talk like us giving away cutler is a good thing. To bad the bears and jay are going to be the only ones laughing in about 2 months and for the next 50 years..... It is ok though, I understand you all are just trying to find ways to make yourselves feel better.

baja
08-13-2009, 10:12 AM
Will you please stop comparing an NFL legend like Elway to some bowl-haircut b**** who hasn't won a damned thing.

Oh look guys, it's Taco's 400th post about Cutler today, telling other people to "get over it."

See, when Taco posts in Cutler threads, he's over it... but if you're not a Cutler-widow, you're not over it.

Get it? Makes sense, right?

<b>Anyway... listen to Taco, folks. He knows his ****. He's the same guy who told us Shanahan would never be fired, the day before he was fired.

Now that made me laugh out loud.....

lazarus4444
08-13-2009, 10:15 AM
"Oh yeah," Cutler said. "I think they're definitely going to ask me. If they don't ask me, I'm going to tell them what I think because I've got to be the one throwing to them on game day, and I've got to trust them.

Wow, if that wasn't a shot across the bow i don't know what is. Here he is with that trust statement again. If da Bears don't bow to his wishes then he will throw a temper tantrum again. Bwahahahahahahahahaha! :thumbs:

p.s. I don't think anybody will disagree that he has a ton of talent taco. He just doesn't have it together between the ears AND he's not a good leader. Elway had both those traits, especially the leadership part.

TheDave
Haven't you heard? We now WANT low picks because the draft is a crap shoot and we'd just be wasting money.

Let me guess... Thats a result of the mental gymnastics required to explain the Alphonso Smith pick.

These Kool Aid drinkers are becoming to much. ;D

baja

* Voted NFL MVP in 1987.

LOL Now lets see jay Cutler achievements?

TailgateNut
08-13-2009, 10:18 AM
Really? You guys are jumping on this like he actually said something. To me, it looks like the writer as well as the bronco fans don't know much about the enlish language.

What is sad is how people talk like us giving away cutler is a good thing. To bad the bears and jay are going to be the only ones laughing in about 2 months and for the next 50 years..... It is ok though, I understand you all are just trying to find ways to make yourselves feel better.

The "next 50 years"? :spit:

Chicago Tribune 12/30/2059

Headline: Jay "da superman" Cutler once again misses the playoff after become the only QB in history to enter his history making 5oth year as Da Bears QB.

TheDave
LOL Now lets see jay Cutler achievements?

Like I said... You don't want to see Elway through 85' vs Cutler today.

It doesn't fit with new theory that Elway was always a god.

Taco John
Anyway... listen to Taco, folks. He knows his ****. He's the same guy who told us Shanahan would never be fired, the day before he was fired.

I don't have any problem with that at all. I was just going by my faith in Bowlen's word at that time. I had thought that it meant something when Bowlen called Shanahan his coach for life. Likewise, I thought it meant something when Bowlen said "Obviously Jay's the man around here now." I also thought it meant something when Bowlen said that Goodman was going to remain a key part of our organization.

Clearly, I need to consider my sources more carefully. Bowlen's wishy-washiness made me look like an idiot (though I sure pulled my own weight on that too).

Hogan11
08-13-2009, 10:19 AM
<b>Originally posted by TonyR</b>

Cutler wants say in final roster
Posted by Mike Florio on August 13, 2009 8:22 AM ET

And so as the last quarterback who mistakenly believed that his job duties included the functions of a General Manager fades (we think) into the Mississippi sunset, a new candidate for player-executive emerges.

Jay Cutler.

Cutler, per the Arlington Daily Herald, intends to give his input on the team's final roster.

"I think they're definitely going to ask me," Cuter said. "If they don't ask me, I'm going to tell them what I think because I've got to be the one throwing to them on game day, and I've got to trust them."

Look, the extent to which the starting quarterback and his receivers work together has to be a significant factor in shaping the depth chart. But there's a line, somewhere, that the quarterback shouldn't try to cross.

Publicly indicating that he intends to chime in on who should stay and who should go probably is on the other side of that line.

And if the Bears don't nip this in the bud, it won't stop with Cutler telling the media that he plans to tell the coaches which guys should be turning in their playbooks. What if they keep someone he doesn't want? Will Cutler make his feelings known outside the organization?

Or what if Cutler isn't happy with the offseason decisions that the franchise is making? Will he make like Lord Favre (and, to a certain extent, Donovan McNabb) and make his displeasure known?

Caveat emptor, Chicago. We know you wanted him, but just how closely were the powers that be paying attention to how this guy was behaving as he was trying to get out of Denver?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-final-roster/

http://www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=313503&src=148

Didn't you know? Bus Cook has pseudo-GM duties written into the contracts. Ha!

Archer81
08-13-2009, 10:19 AM
Like I said... You don't want to see Elway through 85' vs Cutler today.

It doesn't fit with new theory that Elway was always a god.

Yes. Funny things like playoff appearances are the difference...

Hotrod
08-13-2009, 10:20 AM
I can't wait until we play the Bears. This place is going to be pumping out epic threads at rates never witnessed before.

If Jay chews up our defense I wont come around here for a few days. Oh who am I kidding I love drama Hilarious!

Man-Goblin
08-13-2009, 10:21 AM
There are many similarities between the Elway/Reeves and Cutler/McDaniels situations.

But the difference is Elway was loyal to the team I love when there was adversity between he and the coach. The simple fact that he met with Bowlen and gave the team a choice to keep him proves this, and it took him many years of unrest to develop his final "either he goes or I go" stance. But still, the Broncos had the option of keeping him if they wanted.

Cutler's psyche was so fragile that at the first hint of unrest he threw up his middle fingers and gave a big "**** you" to my favorite team, and refused to even speak with them. I have a hard time understanding the many Bronco fans that are so quick dismiss this, yet still defend the team against other antagonists such as opposing team fans and media.

It is for that reason I have nothing but contempt for Cutler, and would enjoy great satisfaction in seeing him fail.

TheReverend
08-13-2009, 10:22 AM
Let me guess... Thats a result of the mental gymnastics required to explain the Alphonso Smith pick.

Ding, ding. You deserve a medal.

baja
08-13-2009, 10:22 AM

TheDave's definition of Kool-Aid drinker;

Anyone that does not agree with TheDave's view.

Taco John
08-13-2009, 10:23 AM

...yeah, funny things like the Orange Crush defense had something to do with that too...

TailgateNut
08-13-2009, 10:25 AM
There are many similarities between the Elway/Reeves and Cutler/McDaniels situations.

But the difference is Elway was loyal to the team I love when there was adversity between he and the coach. The simple fact that he met with Bowlen and gave the team a choice to keep him proves this, and it took him many years of unrest to develop his final "either he goes or I go" stance. But still, the Broncos had the option of keeping him if they wanted.

Cutler's psyche was so fragile that at the first hint of unrest he threw up his middle fingers and gave a big "**** you" to my favorite team, and refused to even speak with them. I have a hard time understanding the many Bronco fans that are so quick dismiss this, yet still defend the team against other antagonists such as opposing team fans and media.

It is for that reason I have nothing but contempt for Cutler, and would enjoy great satisfaction in seeing him fail.

Please allow me to buy the first round!^5

Archer81
08-13-2009, 10:26 AM
...yeah, funny things like the Orange Crush defense had something to do with that too...

Defense was called Orange Crush in the mid 80s?

TheDave
08-13-2009, 10:27 AM
TheDave's definition of Kool-Aid drinker;

Anyone that does not agree with TheDave's view.

Nope... The 1st camp report of the season would be my definition of a Kool-aid drinker.

Within 5 minutes the author had:

- Changed his prediction to 13-3
- Declared Alphonso Smith the starter over Champ
- Said Orton looks like Tom Brady.

Thats the definition of a Kool -Aid drinker.

baja
08-13-2009, 10:28 AM

It's because if Adolph Hitler were a 2000 yard back there are people here that would try to make a case that he was just misunderstood and given locker room leadership mentoring and good coaching he would mend his ways

jhns
08-13-2009, 10:29 AM
[QUOTE=lazarus4444;25039
p.s. I don't think anybody will disagree that he has a ton of talent taco. He just doesn't have it together between the ears AND he's not a good leader. Elway had both those traits, especially the leadership part.[/QUOTE]

Elway was considered a guy that couldn't win AND he was very immature for his first 10 years in the league. He even cried his way off his first team because he didn't like the coach. He got another coach fired because he didn't like him. You all just forget this stuff because it makes us look dumb for giving away cutler. It pretty much makes every excuse people use to validate this look real dumb.

Cutler is an elway clone only in a time with much more media exposure. That isn't saying he will have the same career but the exact complaints people have now about cutler are identical to the compaints people had with elway for the first half of his football days.

The thing people seem to just overlook is that kids grow up eventually. To bad our coach hasn't yet.

Hotrod
08-13-2009, 10:29 AM

The Defense of the 80's was a hell of a lot more like the Orange Crush then the current Orange Mush you have to admit that.

jhns
08-13-2009, 10:32 AM
The "next 50 years"? :spit:

Chicago Tribune 12/30/2059

Headline: Jay "da superman" Cutler once again misses the playoff after become the only QB in history to enter his history making 5oth year as Da Bears QB.

See what I mean about understanding the english language? There seems to be a huge problem with colorados school system.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
08-13-2009, 10:38 AM
Taco is right. We should all get over it. Like his buddy lex, who posted a thread breathlessly wondering what his boyfriend Jay is doing right now. Or like Taco himself, who will defend Cutler at every turn while telling everyone else to "let it go."

Awesome. Just awesome.

Hotrod
08-13-2009, 10:40 AM
Some of you would have **** yourselves to death if you were members here during the SOB debacle LMMFAO

HEAV
08-13-2009, 10:45 AM
"prima donna"

bronco militia
08-13-2009, 10:47 AM
See what I mean about understanding the english language? There seems to be a huge problem with colorados school system.

WOW.

That post went right over your head

Beantown Bronco
08-13-2009, 10:49 AM
Wow, if that wasn't a shot across the bow i don't know what is. Here he is with that trust statement again. If da Bears don't bow to his wishes then he will throw a temper tantrum again. Bwahahahahahahahahaha! :thumbs:

So a QB doesn't have to trust his WRs? You might want to do a little research about why Chad Jackson was cut from the Patsies.

bronco militia
08-13-2009, 10:50 AM
Some of you would have **** yourselves to death if you were members here during the SOB debacle LMMFAO

ugh...it never ends

TheDave
08-13-2009, 10:53 AM

And the legend continues to grow... Yes he went to one playoff game in 84' and lost to Pittsburgh.

That year the Broncos defense was #2 in Pts allowed.

Hmmmm.... I wonder who was more responsible for that playoff birth... the 2nd best defense in the NFL or the QB that threw 18 td's and 15 picks with a Michael Vick like 56% completion rate.

BlaK-Argentina
08-13-2009, 10:54 AM
Seriously, don't you guys get tired of discussing the same thing over and over again? I think I've mentioned Jay twice since he left Denver. He's not a Bronco anymore so why do you care so much? You can't change what happened and whatever side of the fence you are, you have to admit that both the team and Jay Cutler played a part in him leaving the Broncos. It doesn't matter who was right and who was wrong, it's done and we have a new team to look forward too and so does Jay. We are a day away from starting preseason and you guys keep yapping about Jay Cutler.

So yeah, my advice to you is get over it, enjoy a new Denver Broncos season and root for our TEAM.

Now please, STFU. :)

Taco John
08-13-2009, 10:57 AM

Tommy Jackson, Louis Wright,and Reuben Carter were still around until 1986.

Miss I.
08-13-2009, 11:00 AM
Okay, I have a new comparison for Jay.

His name is Tom. He is also a jackass who speaks about things we would rather he shut up about (religion, psychology, his grand love for Katie). Both of them early in their career did some successful things, but nothing gigantic really. Tom made few films that indicated a keen sense of finding some decent flicks but also flicks that sucked well, donkey balls. From 1981 to 1983 (right before his break out in the prostitution comedy, Risky Business....funny how that seems appropo for Jay too..) Tom made films Endless Love, The Outsiders, Taps and Losing It. the first sucked, outsiders and taps showed promise and Losing it was just a sad variation on things Porkys and American Pie much later would do better. Then in 1983 he made Risky Business, danced around in his skivies and his career for better (color of money, rain man, tropic thunder) or worse (Cocktail, Thundersomething or other, eyes wide sleeping) skyrocketed.

Now, Jay could do the Tom Cruise thing too and have great seasons with a spattering of craptacular ones and end up much like Brett "are you retired already grandpa" Favre

OR

he could go the way of C. Thomas Howell, who's very first movie was E.T. (quite a blockbuster), followed by also The Outsiders...promising start no doubt...but then came Soul Man and his career went directly to video for the most part. (He also, like Tom, made a War of the Worlds, and followed up with a War of the Worlds II, both tv movies).

Jay can go either way and so can Kyle. Whatever he says, it doesn't matter, like both of the aforementioned actors he isn't hired for his brains. He's there to be directed and to offer his skills for the good of the team (or the film for the actors).

Should he have input? Sure, like Lovie said, it's a collaborative effort, all the members of the team have influence, but he is by no means the most important, not yet at any rate. If he ends up like Tom Cruise he may have more influence and a bigger salary, but in the end even Tom defers to the director and editor. Jay will either learn this lesson or he won't and it will bite him in the ass.

I just hope, for the Broncos sake, that Kyle, ends up being the superstar or at least shows us the money making plays

Beantown Bronco
08-13-2009, 11:11 AM
OR

he could go the way of C. Thomas Howell, who's very first movie was E.T. (quite a blockbuster), followed by also The Outsiders...promising start no doubt...but then came Soul Man and his career went directly to video for the most part. (He also, like Tom, made a War of the Worlds, and followed up with a War of the Worlds II, both tv movies).

Better watch out.....the Red Dawn contingent might hunt you down for that omission. Given that it came out right after The Outsiders, it even helps your argument that much more. Unreal. He really did have a promising career that just fizzled almost immediately after that.

I gotta say......decent analogy.

bronco militia
08-13-2009, 11:12 AM
better watch out.....the red dawn contingent might hunt you down for that omission. Given that it came out right after the outsiders, it even helps your argument that much more. Unreal. He really did have a promising career that just fizzled almost immediately after that.

wolverines!

:d

worm
08-13-2009, 11:13 AM
Better watch out.....the Red Dawn contingent might hunt you down for that omission. Given that it came out right after The Outsiders, it even helps your argument that much more. Unreal. He really did have a promising career that just fizzled almost immediately after that.

I am more upset about the All the Right Moves omission.

Archer81
08-13-2009, 11:19 AM
And the legend continues to grow... Yes he went to one playoff game in 84' and lost to Pittsburgh.

That year the Broncos defense was #2 in Pts allowed.

Hmmmm.... I wonder who was more responsible for that playoff birth... the 2nd best defense in the NFL or the QB that threw 18 td's and 15 picks with a Michael Vick like 56% completion rate.

Huh...so you are saying john led the equivelent of our defense on O and still got to the postseason?

TheDave
08-13-2009, 11:22 AM
Huh...so you are saying john led the equivelent of our defense on O and still got to the postseason?

I have absolutely no idea what you just said...

OABB
08-13-2009, 11:34 AM
God this place sucks sometimes...

Pseudofool
08-13-2009, 11:35 AM
Now, Jay could do the Tom Cruise thing
So you're saying Jay is secretly gay?

Beantown Bronco
08-13-2009, 11:36 AM
I have absolutely no idea what you just said...

He's trying to make the extremely poor argument that the 84 Broncos offensive supporting cast around Elway was somehow as bad as last year's Broncos defense.

Extremely difficult argument to make when the offense was ranked 11th in the league and Sammy Winder rushed for almost 1,200 yards and had 6 TDs that season.

TheDave
08-13-2009, 11:38 AM
He's trying to make the extremely poor argument that the 84 Broncos offensive supporting cast around Elway was somehow as bad as last year's Broncos defense.

Extremely difficult argument to make when the offense was ranked 11th in the league and Sammy Winder rushed for almost 1,200 yards and had 6 TDs that season.

Wow.. I'm glad I missed that the first time.

TheReverend
08-13-2009, 11:51 AM
This thread needs "Hands Across America"

Hotrod
08-13-2009, 11:56 AM
I'll save the day

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/17/svetlana.gif

TheReverend
08-13-2009, 11:59 AM
I'll save the day

Nose/10

Miss I.
08-13-2009, 12:02 PM
This thread needs "Hands Across America"

Ask and you shall receive.....

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WZorfXa5pBc&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WZorfXa5pBc&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

And just because it seemed, well, totally wrong....

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BDAm8eU9IdQ&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BDAm8eU9IdQ&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

DBroncos4life
08-13-2009, 12:03 PM
I'll save the day

I can't watch this because Jay Cutler tells me witch porn/girls to look at.

TheReverend
08-13-2009, 12:05 PM
Thread saved

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0P7hDXxWrBE&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0P7hDXxWrBE&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

TonyR
08-13-2009, 12:30 PM

Come on, nobody here is going to teach him anything about Broncos history!

Miss I.
08-13-2009, 12:47 PM
I can't watch this because Jay Cutler tells me witch porn/girls to look at.

Is witch porn a particular type of porn I have never heard of? Is it like Charmed only with actual naked people or something?

Rock Chalk
08-13-2009, 12:51 PM

Get over it already.

Jay is not John.

Jay is closer to Jeff George than he will EVER be to John.

Stop making that comparison.

When Jay takes a team of halfwits on his offense to the Superbowl 3 years out of 4, then he can demand who he wants on his roster.

Hotrod
08-13-2009, 12:53 PM
Is witch porn and particular type of porn I have never heard of? Is it like Charmed only with actual naked people or something?

That redhead on that show was killer

TheReverend
08-13-2009, 12:55 PM
Is witch porn and particular type of porn I have never heard of? Is it like Charmed only with actual naked people or something?

brb googling witch porn

Blueflame
08-13-2009, 12:56 PM
Wow.... 5 pages already....

:deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse

Carry on.... :crazy: :saywhat: LOL

OABB
08-13-2009, 12:58 PM
This place is infected with "sandinas vaginosis"

TheReverend
08-13-2009, 12:59 PM
brb googling witch porn

FYI guys:

What has been seen, cannot be unseen...

Miss I.
08-13-2009, 01:02 PM
That redhead on that show was killer

The chick who dated Marilyn Manson and was in Scream? Rose McGowan (soon to be Red Sonja) this girl:

http://www.celebrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/04/rose-mcgowan-quote-4-3-07.jpg

Ehhh, I kind of always thought Alyssa Milano was cool.

http://product.images.fansedge.com/51-89/51-89329-F.jpg

TheReverend
08-13-2009, 01:07 PM
Ehhh, I kind of always thought Alyssa Milano was cool.

http://product.images.fansedge.com/51-89/51-89329-F.jpg

Seen her exposed nipple IRL.

alkemical
08-13-2009, 01:11 PM
This place is infected with "sandinas vaginosis"

aka - pandis

CoopDawg
08-13-2009, 01:12 PM
I loved Cutler as a Bronco and was really excited when we traded up and drafted him in 2006 but this guy has such a gigantic head for not having a winning record in the NFL. Granted our defense was pathetic during his tenure here, Cutler still needs to win a playoff game before trying to serve as assistant GM.

TailgateNut
08-13-2009, 01:14 PM
Wow.... 5 pages already....

:deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse

Carry on.... :crazy: :saywhat: LOL
It is about Mr. "next best thing to sliced bread".!Booya!

Miss I.
08-13-2009, 01:16 PM

The thread is about Hotrod? Really? I thought it was about porn...damn, posting on the wrong thread again....;D

Blueflame
08-13-2009, 01:22 PM

Wait a minute... I have seen absolutely no Spider references.... ;D

baja
08-13-2009, 08:26 PM
So you're saying Jay is secretly gay?

No, she's saying he's a Scientologist that can't act.

baja
08-13-2009, 08:32 PM
Funny how all the ones hating on this thread are the same ones grouped together in a lock jaw bite on Cutler's nut sack.

DenverBrit
08-13-2009, 08:45 PM
Funny how all the ones hating on this thread are the same ones grouped together in a lock jaw bite on Cutler's nut sack.

Now there's a Kodak moment. ;D

baja
08-13-2009, 09:29 PM
Wait a minute... I have seen absolutely no Spider references.... ;D

OK happy now?

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3148/2557226570_e2133940b2.jpg?v=0

DBroncos4life
08-13-2009, 10:39 PM
Is witch porn a particular type of porn I have never heard of? Is it like Charmed only with actual naked people or something?

yes

Miss I.
08-14-2009, 12:21 AM
No, she's saying he's a Scientologist that can't act.

This ;D

and just for fun: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0R_mLFXDdCM (bastards disabled embedding)...

Blueflame
08-14-2009, 12:42 AM
OK happy now?

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3148/2557226570_e2133940b2.jpg?v=0

LOL Yeah, but that's definitely an impostor Spider (kinda like mall Santas) 'cause I know he's much taller and thinner than that. ;D