PDA

View Full Version : Hard Knocks: Cincinnati Bengals

24champ
08-13-2009, 12:52 AM
Anyone else watch the first show tonight? I am watching them because they are our first opponent of the season.

I just saw Roy Williams get blown up in the "Oklahoma Drill" and he doesn't look so impressive at all in this episode.

They also seem to have a lot of banged up players on that side.

telluride
08-13-2009, 01:01 AM
First, let me say I hope the Broncos never, never agree to be on this show. That said, it's very well done -- expertly edited, expertly shot. The scene where Reggie King ruptures his achilles and sits in the training room sobbing was damn moving. I think we often lose track of the humans behind the players.

But I still never want to see the Broncos on that show.

DBroncos4life
08-13-2009, 01:13 AM
I want to watch this Purify and Lucky are in it.

iDENVER
08-13-2009, 01:14 AM
I'm watching it too . Pretty interesting

Killericon
08-13-2009, 01:20 AM
I wanna watch it to see how Ced Benson is doing. I really think he has a chance to turn it around.

TDmvp
08-13-2009, 04:22 AM
I'm just happy no one got arrested ...

I really wish they would have a good year even if I don't really like them just for Marvin ... I think he could be a good coach if the Brown's didn't knee cap him every chance they get .

SoDak Bronco
08-13-2009, 06:56 AM
they have a lot of talent hopefully we can beat their ass

backup qb
08-13-2009, 06:57 AM
Is Hard KNocks still on HBO?

Bronco Boy
08-13-2009, 06:59 AM
Yes

TonyR
08-13-2009, 07:03 AM
I just saw Roy Williams get blown up in the "Oklahoma Drill" and he doesn't look so impressive at all in this episode.

He hasn't looked impressive for at least a few years now. Did you think becoming a Bengal was going to change that?

TheElusiveKyleOrton
08-13-2009, 07:58 AM
Great show. It's always a great show. Last year's was especially comedic with Jerruh running things for the Cowboys.

I can see how the Bengals have been so uninspired. Their owner and general manager are about the most boring people in the league.

Archer81
08-13-2009, 08:40 AM
I watched it. Thats tough to lose two tight ends in a period of 3 days, and Chase Coffman reminds me of the kid that pretends he's not a stoner but is not smart enough to hide the blunt he has tucked behind his ear. I also like Chad Johnson more then I thought I would. Being HBO, its odd to hear a receiver explain Chai, please really means **** you, you know? LOL.

:Broncos:

lex
08-13-2009, 08:46 AM
Several things struck me. One was that the people running this team arent what I expect from an NFL team. For example, I doubt the head of football operations is the turk in most places. It seems kind of second class in how its run.

Also, did anyone think it was odd that Brown, the team president, said that a certain player didnt look like he belongs? I get the impression thats why Runnels was cut.

vancejohnson82
08-13-2009, 09:34 AM
Several things struck me. One was that the people running this team arent what I expect from an NFL team. For example, I doubt the head of football operations is the turk in most places. It seems kind of second class in how its run.

Also, did anyone think it was odd that Brown, the team president, said that a certain player didnt look like he belongs? I get the impression thats why Runnels was cut.

I cant believe they cut Runnels...I mean, we were just seeing edited clips but the way Jeremy Johnson looked and was acting I would have cut his ass in a second and told him good luck in the UFL...that nerd was like 17 pounds overweight and was actually GAINING weight during TC

Archer81
08-13-2009, 09:39 AM
I thought it was funny when the players had to show up for camp, and got asked for ID...Really? You are running check in for an NFL training camp and live in an area that gets Bengals games and dont recognize Chad Johnson or Carson Palmer?

Peoples Champ
08-13-2009, 09:40 AM
First, let me say I hope the Broncos never, never agree to be on this show. That said, it's very well done -- expertly edited, expertly shot. The scene where Reggie King ruptures his achilles and sits in the training room sobbing was damn moving. I think we often lose track of the humans behind the players.

But I still never want to see the Broncos on that show.

I heard that HBO wanted the Broncos, but Shannahan said no. Do you think if HBO asks McDaniels he will say yes?

Archer81
08-13-2009, 09:44 AM
I heard that HBO wanted the Broncos, but Shannahan said no. Do you think if HBO asks McDaniels he will say yes?

I dont believe he will. Alot of distraction that comes with being on Hard knocks and McDaniels seems to be all about focus and preparation.

bronco militia
08-13-2009, 10:05 AM

what was interesting about that comment made last year, was that Bowlen said yes.

Hogan11
08-13-2009, 10:11 AM

God, I hope not.

Flex Gunmetal
08-13-2009, 10:15 AM
Is there anywhere online to stream this? HBO shows are so hard to find.

Peoples Champ
08-13-2009, 10:28 AM
what was interesting about that comment made last year, was that Bowlen said yes.

That would shock me, since Bowlen is very money driven.

Peoples Champ
08-13-2009, 10:29 AM
Is there anywhere online to stream this? HBO shows are so hard to find.

Nope, but for 15 bucks a month I think HBO is worth it. With DVR, you can record movies all the time. And you get sweet shows like Entourage. (for all you Entourage haters out there)

Flex Gunmetal
08-13-2009, 10:31 AM
Ya I just moved and we dont have HBO yet. So lame. My new roommies have HD TVs, DVR etc, but wont pony up for HBO or NFL Network.

Peoples Champ
08-13-2009, 11:06 AM
Ya I just moved and we dont have HBO yet. So lame. My new roommies have HD TVs, DVR etc, but wont pony up for HBO or NFL Network.

Tell them you will split it 3 ways, 5 bucks a month each.

24champ
08-13-2009, 11:39 AM
I cant believe they cut Runnels...I mean, we were just seeing edited clips but the way Jeremy Johnson looked and was acting I would have cut his ass in a second and told him good luck in the UFL...that nerd was like 17 pounds overweight and was actually GAINING weight during TC

Yeah Jeremy Johnson was clearly TFTP. However Jeremy has a lot of talent, and the coaches think if he can make weight, he will be one of the better FB's in the league.

I also saw that the HC in a meeting said that Jeremy was the only player on the team to NOT make weight.

BroncoDoug
08-14-2009, 12:27 AM
This show better win like every sports emmy. It is put together so well, and the camera work is second to none. The stories they tell are also very intriguing, even for a team that I could care less about in the Bengals.