PDA

View Full Version : surprise WR to make the team Nate Swift? WHO!?!??!

KevinJames
08-12-2009, 01:45 AM
saw his name as a backup to Brandon Stokely on the depth chart and well at first I thought he was going to be a PS if hes lucky but now I don't know what to think.

interested in seeing him Friday after watching this highlight reel of him

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83viEU_iUIo

seems like your basic over achiever, the guy had horrible combine numbers which is probably why he went undrafted but he got some skills.

people that have gone to camp how has he looked do you see anything from him that catches your eye?

footstepsfrom#27
08-12-2009, 02:00 AM
I don't see how he could possibly earn a roster spot this year, certainly not if they keep 5 but even if it's 6 it seems like a real long shot. He'd have to beat out either Gaffney or McKinley...and there's still two vets fighting for 1 spot if they go with 6. PS seems like his best shot for now I would think. But who knows...nothing much I thought would be a given so far has come to pass.

UberBroncoMan
08-12-2009, 02:04 AM
I don't see how he could possibly earn a roster spot this year, certainly not if they keep 5 but even if it's 6 it seems like a real long shot. He'd have to beat out either Gaffney or McKinley...and there's still two vets fighting for 1 spot if they go with 6. PS seems like his best shot for now I would think. But who knows...nothing much I thought would be a given so far has come to pass.

I think this is the most realistic scenario.

footstepsfrom#27
08-12-2009, 02:19 AM
Marques Branson is another guy who probably has the talent to play in the league but his chances for anything but PS this year would seem very far fetched. Then you have all these DL guys and maybe a guy like Schlueter who they will probably want to make a PS spot for as well.

Florida_Bronco
08-12-2009, 02:30 AM
Being a Nebraska homer, I hope he at least makes the PS. He was a good kid and a hard worker at NU with a decent amount of talent. I could see him having a Brandon Stokely type career in this league.

KS Bronco
08-12-2009, 04:04 AM
kinda reminds me of a jordy nelson. i like the prospect of having a wide receiver by the name 'swift'

e-mac
08-12-2009, 06:09 AM
I am all about Nate Swift homering out I used to draft him in Madden when we picked him up I was all like "I called that sh*t" with all my friends :) He put up good numbers at Nebraska also a Dynamic kick returner in college hope he does well in San Fran.

Hulamau
08-12-2009, 06:39 AM
Could become an Eddie Mac kind of guy for us. 6'- 2" Rangy, lanky white guy, not ultra fast, but gets open and catches the ball.

Drek
08-12-2009, 07:08 AM
No chance he makes the 53 man roster unless Marshall is traded prior to the start of the season.

As of now you got Marshall, Royal, Gaffney, and Stokley who are probably locks. Lloyd is probably pretty close to being a lock. McKinley is taking time as both a punt/kick returner and a gunner, while also getting more play than Swift in the offensive sets, so he's well ahead of Swift as well if they keep 6 WRs.

He's a practice squader most likely, but he's looking like some good depth to have stashed there, and someone who will have a legit shot to take a job next summer after he gets a year of the NFL's demands under his belt.

BroncoBuff
08-12-2009, 07:34 AM
If you had kept up with BroncoBuff's Training Camp reports, you would've known almost two weeks ago that Nate Swift was a "lock" for the practice squad at minimum. 8')

#1-4 Royal, Marshall, Gaffney, Stokley, and Kenny McKinley is a stone lock for #5. Brandon Lloyd and Chad Jackson are battling for the #6 spot, but Drek is right that Lloyd is the clear leader there, especially based on the newly-released depth chart. Josh will keep six.

Swift is a lock for the practice squad ... although BroncoBuff predicts Swift will be poached off the PS much as Domenik Hixon was Knowitall

crowebomber
08-12-2009, 07:44 AM
He could have a couple of Todd DeVoe preason games where he catches every ball thrown to him then turns up field and scores each time.

And don't be so sure that we automatically keep a veteran over Swift. If Lloyd and Jackson and Swift are all neck and neck, I keep Swift because he's a smaller contract and he has more upside (years) ahead of him.

Black59Razor
08-12-2009, 07:47 AM
I still don't think Swift makes the team.

PS probably, but not the team.

Royal, Marshall, Stokley, Lloyd, Gafney, McKinley and C Jackson are all ahead of him, and the Broncos probably keep six WR's max.

jhns
08-12-2009, 08:02 AM
I hope he makes the team. The post above has a list of guys that will probably make the roster but I could see Swift beating out someone like Chad Jackson.

I will have his jersey the second I hear he made the team. If not hopefully he can stick on the ps and get another chance next year.

SoDak Bronco
08-12-2009, 08:04 AM
he will be a PS guy, he will be a hard worker and a great scout team player. Best of luck to Nate, I hope he continues to fight the good fight and makes it on the roster at some point

DarkHorse
08-12-2009, 08:08 AM
I love the offseason!

Did someone mention Todd Devoe?????

:yayaya:

crowebomber
08-12-2009, 08:13 AM
I love the offseason!

LOL Yep. You remember that preseason where they just had to keep him because he scored like half of our touchdowns!

Kaylore
08-12-2009, 08:17 AM
I love the offseason!

Wesley Duke 4 LIFE!!!!!!!

DarkHorse
08-12-2009, 08:29 AM
Adrien Madese rocked us all !Booya!

s0phr0syne
08-12-2009, 08:50 AM
Like others have said, i think the 6th WR is up for grabs between Swift, Lloyd, and Jackson.

Can't wait to see who seizes the opportunity during the preseason games. I really love the preseason! <---How often does that get said? Seriously, seeing who comes through and makes the roster is always one of my favorite times of the year. It's great seeing some underdog players beat out someone for a roster spot

underrated29
08-12-2009, 09:05 AM
Here is how i see it:

marshall, eddie,gaffney,stokes,chad,mckinley....Swift to the PS and lloyd doesnt make the cut.

Its possible that lloyd takes the last spot and mckinley goes PS, but i dont think we want to risk him clearing wavers.

I was not ever really impressed with swift. He reminds me of a david kircus only doesnt make as good catches.

crowebomber
08-12-2009, 09:10 AM
Here is how i see it:

marshall, eddie,gaffney,stokes,chad,mckinley....Swift to the PS and lloyd doesnt make the cut.

Its possible that lloyd takes the last spot and mckinley goes PS, but i dont think we want to risk him clearing wavers.

I was not ever really impressed with swift. He reminds me of a david kircus only doesnt make as good 6 inch meatball marinaras or threats at house parties.

fixed it for you.

*WARHORSE*
08-12-2009, 09:22 AM
The preseason games will thin out the herd.

Those that perform will stay.

DBroncos4life
08-12-2009, 09:45 AM
He is Nebraska's all-time WR. With a team rich in history at that position that is saying alot. Really I called the guy a sleeper during the collage season for two reason's. One he is a Husker :), the other is he gets open. He runs good routes and has good vision. While he isn't the fastest guy he does make the catch which is a good thing.

TheReverend
08-12-2009, 10:04 AM
If you had kept up with BroncoBuff's Training Camp reports, you would've known almost two weeks ago that Nate Swift was a "lock" for the practice squad at minimum. 8')

#1-4 Royal, Marshall, Gaffney, Stokley, and Kenny McKinley is a stone lock for #5. Brandon Lloyd and Chad Jackson are battling for the #6 spot, but Drek is right that Lloyd is the clear leader there, especially based on the newly-released depth chart. Josh will keep six.

Swift is a lock for the practice squad ... although BroncoBuff predicts Swift will be poached off the PS much as Domenik Hixon was Knowitall

Not be overly anal, but Hixon was poached off the waiver wire before he could get stashed on the PS his 2nd season.

boppool
08-12-2009, 10:42 AM
Adrian Madise, Todd DeVoe, Darius Watts, Triandos Luke...
These names sure bring a lot of warm memories...

Kid A
08-12-2009, 10:50 AM
Being a Nebraska homer, I hope he at least makes the PS. He was a good kid and a hard worker at NU with a decent amount of talent. I could see him having a Brandon Stokely type career in this league.

I'm certainly pulling for him. Going into his senior season I honestly didn't have any big hopes for him, but he really stepped up and was one of the most important players on the team. It'd be cool if he could surprise everyone again.

DBroncos4life
08-12-2009, 10:55 AM
Off topic but Terrance Nunn is having a solid cap for the Pats for the Huskers fans on here.

24champ
08-12-2009, 11:18 AM
Wesley Duke 4 LIFE!!!!!!!

Wesley Duke had the talent to be a good TE in this league, until his knee got shredded.

DivineLegion
08-12-2009, 11:18 AM
Go big red!