PDA

View Full Version : Ben Watson?

DBroncos4life
08-11-2009, 09:31 PM
http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2009/08/11/patriots_are_tightly_bunched_at_te/?rss_id=Boston+Globe+--+Today%27s+paper+A+to+Z

Might not be thread worthy but I thought I would post it anyways. I guess Ben Watson could be cut because of a lock jam at TE in NE, but we kind of have the samething here. Still he knows McD and I wouldn't be shocked if he was cut and he ended up here.

tsiguy96
08-11-2009, 09:32 PM
we have atleast 2 TEs better than him, and they just picked up a 3rd in teh 2nd round of the draft.

s0phr0syne
08-11-2009, 09:40 PM
Watson is a good TE.

Unless he's suffered from sort of knee injury or something, he would bring quite a bit to any team. [Edit: I just read the article and saw that he tore his ACL last year...oops!]

I think Thomas is the one on the block, not Watson. And Thomas is also a good TE. Like the article says, NE is stacked.

But I still don't think there's anyway that the Patriots cut Watson. Not with teams like the Eagles or Bengals dying for TE depth. At the very least, I expect NE to get a 4th or 5th round pick in return for Watson. Especially from the Eagles who have no hope of getting him off of waivers.

I wonder how Champ would feel if Watson did come here though? :P

Florida_Bronco
08-11-2009, 09:53 PM
I like Watson, but Scheffler is basically the exact same skill set. I'd rather keep him.

UberBroncoMan
08-11-2009, 09:56 PM
Graham, Scheffler, Watson, Quinn would be an amazing TE core.

I for one have always viewed Watson as a high quality TE.

... but yeah... I don't see NE giving away one of their former 1st round picks by cutting him, nor do I see them even getting rid of him unless they're robbing a team.

BroncoBuff
08-11-2009, 09:58 PM
Eh, I'd rather keep Cowboy.

Besides, the bastard tackled Champ, so screw him.

Florida_Bronco
08-11-2009, 10:04 PM
Eh, I'd rather keep Cowboy.

Besides, the bastard tackled Champ, so screw him.

Not that it did them any good. ROFL!

Los Broncos
08-11-2009, 10:13 PM
With Watson in Denver we have a hell of a TE core, all of them can block except Sheff and if we had a top notch QB.

We would be literally unstoppable.

watermock
08-11-2009, 10:25 PM
Yeah, we need a 6th TE running a primary shotgun 3 wr set.

Has anyone actually SEEN Baevis' amazing offense? Sans Moss, Welker and Gaffney and watson?

It got stuffed by Spaggs.

cmhargrove
08-12-2009, 07:05 AM
With the state of free agency - Watson would be majorly overpriced. That means, even if he were available, there would be a bidding war for his services.

Wa already paid the bucks foor Graham, and I think he fits our game plan bettter than Watson.

TonyR
08-12-2009, 07:39 AM
[Edit: I just read the article and saw that he tore his ACL last year...oops!]

He tore the ACL his rookie year, 2004, not last year. If not for nagging injuries every year since he'd probably be one of the premier TE's in the league (although not quite a top end receiver in the mold of of Gonzalez and Gates). Remember, NE let Graham go because they preferred Watson, and rightfully so based on potential at the time.

BroncoBuff
08-12-2009, 08:26 AM
Has anyone actually SEEN Baevis' amazing offense? Sans Moss, Welker and Gaffney and watson?

It got stuffed by Spaggs.

Not so fast my friend ....

azbroncfan
08-12-2009, 11:09 AM
Not that it did them any good. ROFL!

That is what I was thinking. MA punched it in on the next play anyway.

USMCBladerunner
08-12-2009, 12:17 PM
That is what I was thinking. MA punched it in on the next play anyway.

Under this year's rule change, it would have been Bronco's ball regardless of whether it crossed the plane or not. I think this rule change is a good one.

DBroncos4life
08-12-2009, 01:04 PM
Well if he is cut and we pick him up don't forget this thread. ;)

azbroncfan
08-12-2009, 01:09 PM
Well if he is cut and we pick him up don't forget this thread. ;)

and then what?

DBroncos4life
08-12-2009, 01:13 PM
and then what?

you can go back to talking about how Moss sucks.

broncosteven
08-12-2009, 01:14 PM
http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2009/08/11/patriots_are_tightly_bunched_at_te/?rss_id=Boston+Globe+--+Today%27s+paper+A+to+Z

Might not be thread worthy but I thought I would post it anyways. I guess Ben Watson could be cut because of a lock jam at TE in NE, but we kind of have the samething here. Still he knows McD and I wouldn't be shocked if he was cut and he ended up here.

Can he play DL?

bronco0608
08-12-2009, 01:20 PM
Even if Watson were to be cut, why in the hell would he sign with Denver? It's not like he is going to come in and supplant Graham from his starting position or remove Scheffler from the offense.

If Watson did sign with Denver his stats would look like this:

16 games played, 2 receptions for 21 yards, 11 special team tackles...umm, yea, that's going to get him paid next year

azbroncfan
08-12-2009, 01:56 PM
you can go back to talking about how Moss sucks.

I can do that regardless but I was thinking you wanted a blue ribbon or pat on the back. Good for you! Keep it up. Here's to another empty thread. :thumbsup::thumbs:

DBroncos4life
08-12-2009, 02:06 PM
I can do that regardless but I was thinking you wanted a blue ribbon or pat on the back. Good for you! Keep it up. Here's to another empty thread. :thumbsup::thumbs:

No blue ribbon or a pat on the back. Just thinking that McD would grab a guy that he knows if he is cut to help the team. TE is a pretty strong position on our team already but then again so was LS.