PDA

View Full Version : Sirius at Broncos camp

oldustyballs
08-11-2009, 09:57 AM
Just a reminder for Sirius radio listeners they are at Broncos camp today.
They show starts in 5 min and is hosted by Ross Tucker and Jim Miller.

And if some of the listeners can post recaps of the interviews in this thread for the rest of us it would be much appretiated. :notworthy

Bronco Boy
08-11-2009, 10:05 AM
Thanks for the heads up, just switched over from Howard.

lex
08-11-2009, 10:08 AM
Kyle Orton:

"these guys can get open."

"Offensively, this is a great team."

"I dont think we're a running team, I dont think we're a passing team."

"I feel like Im moving around the pocket better than I ever have."

says its been better preparationg practicing against Denvers new defense because of multiple coverages.

"For the first time the organization is behind me."

Doesnt feel like its an uphill battle to win the fans...was booed in Chicago too.

lex
08-11-2009, 10:11 AM
McDaniels:

On raising Ortons level of play:

In spring fixed his mechanics to help the ball "pop out of his hand". Orton worked a lot on his own. Kyle has handled all the nuance type things.

Orton is capable of handling a lot of information and using it on the field.

Underestimated the time demands of being a head coach.

On preseason defense:

"We're telling our players to be ready to go as long as we need them to go."

"We dont have any starters."

lex
08-11-2009, 10:24 AM
Eddie Royal:

"Kyle is a really accurate QB."

Bronco Boy
08-11-2009, 10:29 AM
That was fun hearing them BS when they thought the mic was off.

oldustyballs
08-11-2009, 10:34 AM
Yea I heard Jim talking about someones arms being jacked up ROFL!

_Oro_
08-11-2009, 10:42 AM

???

broncosteven
08-11-2009, 10:44 AM
Kyle Orton:

Doesnt feel like its an uphill battle to win the fans...was booed in Chicago too.

How did that work out for him?

Beantown Bronco
08-11-2009, 10:45 AM
On preseason defense:

So they officially have something in common with last year's unit.

lex
08-11-2009, 10:46 AM
Wiegman and Tucker are raving about Clady and Harris. Tucker called them a how to video.

lex
08-11-2009, 10:48 AM
So they officially have something in common with last year's unit.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/E0PIdWdw15U&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/E0PIdWdw15U&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

broncosteven
08-11-2009, 10:49 AM
McDaniels:

Underestimated the time demands of being a head coach.
On preseason defense:

"We're telling our players to be ready to go as long as we need them to go."

This is the type of **** that scares me.

I would rather have an HC that knows the grind and how to adjust. He is learning on our Dime.

Sure he was with Belly in NE for 3+ years but he has no HC experience of his own to draw from when things get tough. He is going to have a learning curve that could take a couple years.

I hope what talent Bowlen saw in him that we get the benefit for it and not some other team.

SoDak Bronco
08-11-2009, 10:55 AM
Weigmen : Harris had a significant arm injury

UberBroncoMan
08-11-2009, 10:56 AM

???

We're a kneeling down team ;)

no-pseudo-fan
08-11-2009, 10:59 AM
We're a kneeling down team ;)

We are a punting and KO return team.:wiggle:

Bronco Boy
08-11-2009, 12:16 PM
Yea I heard Jim talking about someones arms being jacked up ROFL!

He was talking about Simms.

Man-Goblin
08-06-2010, 12:25 PM
Bump because I can't start a new thread!

But I thought you guys would be interested in knowing they are doing their annual show from Dove Valley from 3-7 Est today.

This is good stuff and I'm already starting to feel better.

Chris
08-06-2010, 12:30 PM
I keep looking at lex's logo and thinking the text is upside down too. Jesus.

bronclvr
08-06-2010, 12:34 PM
Earlier Tucker was saying how good Thomas looked-he compared him to BMarsh, and seemed quite impressed-

Malcontent
08-06-2010, 12:35 PM
Hah...I was reading this whole thread as if it were all new....stupid me.

Rabb
08-06-2010, 12:40 PM

I started to do that exact thing

titan
08-06-2010, 12:46 PM
Haggan: Ayers has been very physical this training camp. We like the progress we see in him.

lostknight
08-06-2010, 12:47 PM
Argh. No pressure at all on the QB with a four man front. Everyone is praising Ayers.

titan
08-06-2010, 12:51 PM
Ryan Harris: oline coming along as well as it can be.

new guys on dline? tremendous additions. really strong guys.

bronco militia
08-06-2010, 12:54 PM
http://www.foodandthings.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/marshmallow-fluff-entert0406-de.jpg

lostknight
08-06-2010, 01:08 PM
I like that it's physical, but there are a awful lot of young guys on the ground, and they need to learn how to practice.

Thank you Sirius ;-)

lostknight
08-06-2010, 01:12 PM
They are also raving about Cox.
Wow, they think that Alphonso Smith is on the bubble.
They liked what they saw in Tebow, usual problems with new QB, uncertainty with the routes still, and that the wobblyness is due to the uncertainty where the ball exactly should be. Once he gets the confidence, he will be fine. His footwork is remarkably improved.

titan
08-06-2010, 01:12 PM
Sirius:

From what I witnessed today, Alphonso Smith will have a hard time getting on the field. Cox will play early and is ahead of alphonso.

I liked what I saw from Tim Tebow. Still indecisive. Work ethic good. foot work alot tighter than what I saw at senior bowl. Guiding the football because he's uncertain with routes. Inconsistent.

Man-Goblin
08-06-2010, 01:14 PM
http://www.foodandthings.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/marshmallow-fluff-entert0406-de.jpg

Not all of it. Lots of praise for Parish Cox but they said they think Zo Smith may have a tough time getting out of camp.

Also, they said the o-line is still running some zone but they are clearly the weakest unit as it stands today; not sure how they are going to pass protect until they are 100% healthy.

azbroncfan
08-06-2010, 01:17 PM
They are also raving about Cox.
Wow, they think that Alphonso Smith is on the bubble.
They liked what they saw in Tebow, usual problems with new QB, uncertainty with the routes still, and that the wobblyness is due to the uncertainty where the ball exactly should be. Once he gets the confidence, he will be fine. His footwork is remarkably improved.

Funny how different camp reports are. Someone from here said Smith was the best corner of camp so far.

Man-Goblin
08-06-2010, 01:18 PM
More praise for Bay Bay from Goodman; "Today he showed us what he really was. To see a guy that size move like he does is pretty special".

lostknight
08-06-2010, 01:19 PM
Funny how different camp reports are. Someone from here said Smith was the best corner of camp so far.

He had a good first day - I was there for that, although to be fair one of those plays was something he ****ed up earlier - the second day he was non-existent.

They are raving about Cox and DT again. Too bad they are both in positions where we already have a lot of talent.

Heh, DT is a Lamborghini. 0-60, and he is starting to get the speed of the game.

titan
08-06-2010, 01:26 PM
mcdaniels: d thomas has small player traits in a big player's body. game is slowing down for him, I wouldn't had said that a couple of days ago

(thomas must have had a good morning - sirius guys praising him too)

lostknight
08-06-2010, 01:28 PM
Wow. I can't believe how much they are slobbering on D.T. I was impressed with him at camp.

Man-Goblin
08-06-2010, 01:29 PM
McD: Plan with Clady is to bring him back for Jacksonville week 1.

lostknight
08-06-2010, 01:31 PM
says that it's uncertain, but it might be opening day before C-buck and Moreno.

titan
08-06-2010, 01:34 PM
mcdaniels: we don't think kuper's injury is too serious

buck and knowshon will be out for a few weeks. may not play in preseason. l white in shape and we had a great talk with him. white has made a good 1st impression and we are excited to have him

on doom: we still don't know the extent of the injury as far as when he will be back. haggan may play outside. we could play more 4-3. jarvis moss having a much better camp this year compared to last year

on orton: kyle is running our offense at the highest level. there's nothing we can't do with him in terms of scheme - he gets us in the right play every time. very accurate passer.

on tebow: we worked alot on footwork & mechanics. his motion is better. we didn't change it entirely. getting a little overloaded

new dline: we're deep in front 7. young depth behind experience. we're more physical. gap discipline is better

parish cox: he can play - we were very fortunate to get him. we had him highly ranked. there's a difference between being a bad person and making a few mistakes. He's been a great person in camp.

tsiguy96
08-06-2010, 01:34 PM
what else have they said all day?

bronco militia
08-06-2010, 01:36 PM
Not all of it. Lots of praise for Parish Cox but they said they think Zo Smith may have a tough time getting out of camp.

Also, they said the o-line is still running some zone but they are clearly the weakest unit as it stands today; not sure how they are going to pass protect until they are 100% healthy.

fine

more fuff than peanutbutter on that fluffernutter.....:giggle:

http://homepage.mac.com/jlareau74/.Pictures/fluffernutter.jpg

Kaylore
08-06-2010, 01:36 PM
Bailey loves Cox. He said Cox is even pushing him and Goodman from behind. Cox is huge.

tsiguy96
08-06-2010, 01:39 PM

Rabb
08-06-2010, 01:40 PM
Bailey loves Cox. He said Cox is even pushing him and Goodman from behind. Cox is huge.

:rofl:

lostknight
08-06-2010, 01:45 PM
Sirius - Despite what people say, Arm strength doesn't seem to be your issue
Tim - You'd be surprised what people say about me :-)
Arm strength is only going to go up with footwork.
Good work by Tebow remind Sirius about Brady, who they basically have ignored. First time mentioned.

titan
08-06-2010, 01:46 PM
tim tebow:

it's a steep learning curve. The more I understand the faster I'll be able to get rid of the ball.

I'm constantly getting coached. before, after, during plays then back in the film room. Then back in the afternoon to try to get these things right.

arm strength: I don't think it's an issue

special packages for you? right now it is getting the offense down. i've run draws and stuff. it's learning the offense and being consistent with it

footwork is the biggest thing for me besides learning the offense - being consistent. when you are lazy with your feet you'll be lazy with your reads. i've been working hard on getting my feet right.

kyle orton? kyle and brady have had great camps. every time someone is up there i get an mental rep. seeing how kyle is processing the information helps me

mental makeup? hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard. I'm going to give everything I have in every drill, every meeting

lostknight
08-06-2010, 01:46 PM
Lots of Fluff for Tebow. They want some shoes, Tim can't help him, he didn't get any.

bronco militia
08-06-2010, 01:47 PM

:rofl:

Man-Goblin
08-06-2010, 01:52 PM
what else have they said all day?

Lots of Orton Praise. Other two QBs not close. Josh said there is now nothing scheme-wise or terminology-wise they can't do with him.

Good receiving corps overall. Could be a major strength for this team.

Hagan said there is a possibility he might move back outside.

Harris said he's 100% healthy.

Cox is huge.

lostknight
08-06-2010, 01:53 PM
They think the young players will start to emerge after the first eight weeks - particularly Tebow, because he will be so hard to gameplan for. No question that Orton is ready for the season, and it will be a bit.

Chris
08-06-2010, 01:54 PM
Excited!

lostknight
08-06-2010, 01:55 PM
Can the bronco's hack 3rd and 1? Better this year, but there will be mental errors. O-line is getting stuffed. Maybe it's the tebow, and it's a whole another element. These are Josh McDaniels guys. He blew up the roster, and now he needs to claim them, and it will take time for them to develop. They will take a step back, but it's a year away. Kyle's playing for another contract. If the losses mount, Tebow will probably be playing at the end of the season.

Rulon Velvet Jones
08-06-2010, 01:57 PM
Dear lord - how big is Thomas? It looks like a damned peewee football in his hands.

http://broncotalk.net/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/demaryiusthomas2.jpg (From Broncotalk.net)

lostknight
08-06-2010, 02:04 PM
I'm pretty surprised. Even after Tebow brought up Quinn, they are not mentioning him at all.

cmhargrove
08-06-2010, 02:05 PM
Dear lord - how big is Thomas? It looks like a damned peewee football in his hands.

http://broncotalk.net/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/demaryiusthomas2.jpg (From Broncotalk.net)

Is that before or after he fractured his kneecap?

Tombstone RJ
08-06-2010, 02:12 PM
fine

more fuff than peanutbutter on that fluffernutter.....:giggle:

http://homepage.mac.com/jlareau74/.Pictures/fluffernutter.jpg

Dude, you are completely raining all over the parade.

Rulon Velvet Jones
08-06-2010, 02:21 PM
Is that before or after he fractured his kneecap?

That was just moments before both ACLs flew 50 yards into the stands and were eaten by the Magic Squirrel that ruined "The Drive".

McDman
08-06-2010, 03:27 PM
Lloyd's and Graham's interview was really good. They're both outgoing and well spoken.

SoCalBronco
08-06-2010, 09:49 PM
Cox is huge.

There's a Chris Kuper joke somewhere in here. ;D

SoCalBronco
08-06-2010, 09:50 PM

That can't be real, can it?

I mean, I know he's extremely well built for a WR.....but he looks significantly bigger than Dan Graham, even.

diehardbroncosfan
08-06-2010, 09:57 PM
McD: Plan with Clady is to bring him back for Jacksonville week 1.

That is fantastic news! If we get Clady, Moreno, and Buckhalter back all by opening day (two of which don't really need the reps anyway), we'll be in decent shape considering where we thought we were earlier in the day.

BMarsh615
08-06-2010, 10:05 PM

I did too and was confused as hell when Weigman's name kept coming up. ROFL!

KipCorrington25
08-06-2010, 11:07 PM
This Orton talk is hilarious, I'll believe it when I see it... Unlike what I saw last year, particularly the KC game...

Los Broncos
08-06-2010, 11:19 PM

Guy is a beast.

HorseHead
08-07-2010, 06:41 AM
Damn...."Bay Bay" is one big Mo Fo...

montrose
08-07-2010, 07:40 AM
Damn...."Bay Bay" is one big Mo Fo...

You should see his calfs, reminds me of Shannon.