PDA

View Full Version : Why is Orton Throwing so many picks.

Premier-Ace55
08-10-2009, 05:13 PM
This is a question to anybody who has been to a camp. Okay Guys I couldn't think of a more catchy thread title and i'm just a little confused. I understand that Defense is ahead of offense at this time but why everytime i'm reading something Orton is throwing an interception. I have seen several thrown during 7 on 7 and 11 on 11. Is he that bad? Is the Defense picking up? What is it?

OABB
08-10-2009, 05:16 PM
I think it has to do with the fact that the balls he is throwing end up in defensive players hands.

elsid13
08-10-2009, 05:17 PM
Think of it this way, he is throwing to Denver Bronco Players

Pseudofool
08-10-2009, 05:18 PM
It's camp; every QB on every team is throwing INTs. Cutler notably threw a pair to Ulracher of all people one day last week.

KevinJames
08-10-2009, 05:18 PM
why did Jay Cutler throw so many picks?

http://www.apollopony.net/images/tootsie_pop.jpg
The world may never know.............................................. ..............

Rabb
08-10-2009, 05:21 PM
it's because our defense is so god damn dominating

BroncoDoug
After a lot of film review and analysis, this is the conclusion I also came up with...

I think it has to do with the fact that the balls he is throwing end up in defensive players hands.

tsiguy96
in TC, they throw the ball a TON of times, of course hes gonna throw some picks. i bet on certain plays they have to hit certain reads, its gonna get picked eventually.

every QB in the league throws a lot of picks in TC, its a time for implementing a new system and figuring out what and who works on both sides of the ball. dont worry about his picks, he showed last year he keeps them to a minimum and doesnt chuck it into double coverage all the time...

Bronx33

I concur..

fdf
08-10-2009, 05:23 PM

Tough audience :)

Cito Pelon
08-10-2009, 05:25 PM
This is a question to anybody who has been to a camp. Okay Guys I couldn't think of a more catchy thread title and i'm just a little confused. I understand that Defense is ahead of offense at this time but why everytime i'm reading something Orton is throwing an interception. I have seen several thrown during 7 on 7 and 11 on 11. Is he that bad? Is the Defense picking up? What is it?

It's kind of a football and TC kind of thing.

broncosteven
08-10-2009, 05:25 PM
But the Upside is that all his INT's look like INT's that Tom Brady would have thrown if Orton were really Tom Brady.

Bronx33
08-10-2009, 05:27 PM
But the Upside is that all his INT's look like INT's that Tom Brady would have thrown if Orton were really Tom Brady.

Again i concur..

Premier-Ace55
08-10-2009, 05:28 PM
Hahaha thanks for the insight and the jokes. Just seems that it's a bit much but I guess we'll have to just wait until the season starts.

CoopDawg
08-10-2009, 05:32 PM
why did Jay Cutler throw so many picks?

http://www.apollopony.net/images/tootsie_pop.jpg
The world may never know.............................................. ..............

LOL That is the perfect response. Lets just chill out and wait until we see Orton in live action against a different squad to make any real judgment.

Cito Pelon
08-10-2009, 05:35 PM
I concur..

Are you sure? McPoopypants has to be behind this somehow. I mean really, how could INT's in TC be just a D guy making a play? HOW COULD IT BE!!! HUH? HOW COULD IT BE!!!! You think you are so smart.

This Defense sucks, dude. They can't get INT's unless ORTON SUCKS!!!! You just wait and see.

Northman
08-10-2009, 05:36 PM
Our defense is all world. We will not allow a score this year.

*snicker

cutler_to_marshall
08-10-2009, 05:47 PM
hahaha oh damm i think the chargers just scored again !

I dont think i can take that kind of performance again. Still have a bad taste in my mouth after the season finale.

Hamrob
08-10-2009, 05:55 PM
Why isn't Bradley Van Pelt playing QB in the NFL?

24champ
08-10-2009, 05:58 PM
Why is the thread topic a question without a question mark?

DenverBrit
08-10-2009, 06:00 PM
After 36 practices together, maybe the D has figured out the plays by now.

Sh*t, I hope so. ;D

Bob's your Information Minister
08-10-2009, 06:01 PM
He's Kyle Orton. Hello?

Williams
08-10-2009, 06:15 PM
why everytime i'm reading something Orton is throwing an interception.

Maybe you're not reading enough? ???

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=82834

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_13027960

footstepsfrom#27
08-10-2009, 06:18 PM
Why do people follow stuff like this?

Rock Chalk
08-10-2009, 06:24 PM
I found this thread to be humorous.

TheDave
08-10-2009, 06:31 PM
I still can't believe we traded Cutler for this guy... Really?!?!?!?!

I may need to seek professional help to get past this...

OABB
08-10-2009, 06:33 PM

why deal with the pain? just take some anti depressants.:welcome:

Rock Chalk
08-10-2009, 06:34 PM

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&rlz=1T4GGLL_enUS331US331&ei=hMqAStaqG4bAsQPAts2ACQ&sa=X&oi=spell&resnum=0&ct=result&cd=1&q=professional+help+for+The+Dave&spell=1

Cito Pelon
08-10-2009, 06:36 PM

Really? You're not kidding this time, are you?

TheDave
08-10-2009, 06:37 PM
You people suck...

I need to go start one of those pathetic "My QB left me, what do I do now" threads...

Northman
08-10-2009, 06:38 PM
You people suck...

I need to go start one of those pathetic "My QB left me, what do I do now" threads...

I would post in it for you Dave. Your my hero. :strong:Ha!

Cito Pelon
08-10-2009, 06:41 PM
You people suck...

It's a process, Dave. Do what makes you feel comfortable.

TheDave
08-10-2009, 06:43 PM
Really? You're not kidding this time, are you?

Dude, I have to be careful responding to you. Eventually, I'd say something you don't like then you'd want to meet me face to face to restore your virtual honor... End result we'd meet, I'd lay a biblical style beating on you... Then all your online street cred would be gone forever because you just got your ass kicked by a almost 40 year old Chemistry teacher...

I just can't go there in good concience... ;D

elsid13
08-10-2009, 06:47 PM
Dude, I have to be careful responding to you. Eventually, I'd say something you don't like then you'd want to meet me face to face to restore your virtual honor... End result we'd meet, I'd lay a biblical style beating on you... Then all your online street cred would be gone forever because you just got your ass kicked by a almost 40 year old Chemistry teacher...

Dave I understand he also said Bea Arthur was whore.

TheReverend
08-10-2009, 06:48 PM
That's interesting because This is a question to anybody who has been to a camp. Okay Guys I couldn't think of a more catchy thread title and i'm just a little confused. I understand that Defense is ahead of offense at this time but why everytime i'm reading something Orton is throwing an interception. I have seen several thrown during 7 on 7 and 11 on 11. Is he that bad? Is the Defense picking up? What is it?

Cito Pelon
08-10-2009, 06:54 PM

Whatever you need to get off your chest, Oskie is a sympathetic ear. Rev is a guy that likes man-hugs. They work well together. Problem-solvers, Inc.

Cito Pelon
08-10-2009, 06:58 PM
Dave I understand he also said Bea Arthur was whore.

That was a big, mean lady. Hair like a Brillo pad. You speak for yourself, elsid.

TheReverend
08-10-2009, 07:00 PM
Whatever you need to get off your chest, Oskie is a sympathetic ear. Rev is a guy that likes man-hugs. They work well together. Problem-solvers, Inc.

I hug TheDave every chance I get.

PS. That was a really good burn on me and Oskie. Wow. Personally, I'm crushed.

Cito Pelon
08-10-2009, 07:05 PM
I hug TheDave every chance I get.

PS. That was a really good burn on me and Oskie. Wow. Personally, I'm crushed.

So everybody is happy. Good stuff.

SportinOne
08-10-2009, 07:19 PM
It is only TC, relax.. That being said, I hope people aren't fooling themselves into thinking he's king of accuracy. Just becuase his arm isn't as strong as Cutler's was doesn't mean that he's more accurate to make up for it.. He's simply not.

Archer81
08-10-2009, 07:23 PM
Cuz.

:Broncos:

Killericon
08-10-2009, 07:39 PM
Because our defense is DOMINATING!!

...!!

Yeah, okay.

Premier-Ace55
08-10-2009, 09:24 PM
I was just curious maybe someone who has been to TC could give some insight on this. It just seemed like he is throwing a lot of picks lately. I was just wondering if it was something that stood out that a person that went to camp might want to share. I think though some people have given some good reasons thru this thread

Dagmar
08-10-2009, 09:37 PM
I was just curious maybe someone who has been to TC could give some insight on this. It just seemed like he is throwing a lot of picks lately. I was just wondering if it was something that stood out that a person that went to camp might want to share. I think though some people have given some good reasons thru this thread

Really? Are you new?

Chris
08-10-2009, 09:39 PM
Ignore them premier. Don't worry about it until the season starts.

Bob's your Information Minister
08-10-2009, 09:40 PM
He's a gunslinger. Like Brett Favre.

lex
08-10-2009, 09:41 PM
I was messing around in on demand and under NFLN, they had the week 15 game from last year of the Bears playing the Saints. Late in the game, Orton threw a pick and Collinsworth pointed out that one of the big differences between he and Brees is that when Orton looks to a second receiver, he "gets lost" as he scans the field for that second receiver, whereas Brees does it rather easily.

Pontius Pirate
08-10-2009, 09:44 PM
It's Jake Plummer's fault

kamakazi_kal
08-10-2009, 10:05 PM

I thought about taking up meth .... I hear it's calming and good for your teeth to boot.

JCMElway
08-10-2009, 10:09 PM
are you sure? Mcpoopypants has to be behind this somehow. I mean really, how could int's in tc be just a d guy making a play? How could it be!!! Huh? How could it be!!!! You think you are so smart.

This defense sucks, dude. They can't get int's unless orton sucks!!!! You just wait and see.

The sky is falling, the sky is falling!!!

kamakazi_kal
08-10-2009, 10:13 PM
The sky is falling, the sky is falling!!!

Well that does it ..... damn it ....where's the "END THREAD" guy when you really need him.

OABB
08-10-2009, 10:15 PM

thank you.

BroncoMan4ever
08-10-2009, 10:25 PM
in TC, they throw the ball a TON of times, of course hes gonna throw some picks. i bet on certain plays they have to hit certain reads, its gonna get picked eventually.

every QB in the league throws a lot of picks in TC, its a time for implementing a new system and figuring out what and who works on both sides of the ball. dont worry about his picks, he showed last year he keeps them to a minimum and doesnt chuck it into double coverage all the time...

exactly, plus there is the factor of him still getting used to his new receivers, learning a new system, and throwing passes upwards of a 100 times per practice

Broncos4tw
08-10-2009, 10:46 PM
I dunno.. it's early, so not buying too much into it.. yet. But I hope it's the fact of a greatly improving defense. If not (if our defense is a bit better than last year), it may be quite the long year.

Hulamau
08-11-2009, 12:16 AM
Let’s see … why not ask: “Why is Orton throwing so many TD’s in TC???” If Orton threw as many TDs in games as he does each practice on average he would smash Tom Brady’s record hands down!

Certainly you will get more INTS as well in camp when they are working mostly in limited situational drills designed for repetition and getting the timing set and the kinks out and with a defense who sees it all every day and is also improving and jumping the ball a lot more than in real games.

Not to mention, having a new QB in an all new system, with new WRs, RB’s and Oline as well as all new coaches and new and different ways of running camp etc. etc.

To be sure, some more established top QBs who have been in the same system for a few years with the same WR’s , line and the like may have a few less on average but even they throw a lot more picks in TC practice than they do in regular season … or at least they should!

Even Orton said at the start of camp that he knew every play thoroughly now, but it was no substitute for actually running every play at least 20 to 30 times to get the timing and neural/physical patterning down pat. And that just takes time, practice and repetition over and over, likely throughout the first year.

But the real reason there only SEEMS to be an issue with this emphasis on TC INT’s, and much less focus on his many great plays, TDs and good days here, is because of the Nervous Nellie fan segment and some of the press who are so convinced the Broncos and Orton are a disaster in the making such that their brains are now hardwired to filter any positives out of the balance and focus in on any possible negative that can be elevated out of proportion and made into yet more evidence that the Titanic is sinking and its every man for himself!

Plus, McCoy and McD have both said a few times that Orton rarely makes the same mistake twice and so let him make his learning curve mistakes now ... It only matters what Orton does starting September 13th.

Don’t worry, Nellies of the Mane, if Orton lays a turd by year’s end as a few of you fear/desire, you’ll still have plenty of chances to wring your hands and gnash your teeth and trumpet from the roof tops how ‘right you were all along’!

In the meantime, though, you can enjoy the rest of the summer a lot more and save yourselves a lot of money on vodka and valium by asking yourselves instead: ‘Is the glass half empty or half full”. It has the same relevance and meaning as such questions that started this thread.

Florida_Bronco
08-11-2009, 02:18 AM

Epic post. Hilarious!

ZONA
08-11-2009, 03:04 AM
so if he didn't throw any picks in practice, you would have a different thread about why our DB's can't get any picks and wonder what the problem is, go figure.

Premier-Ace55
08-14-2009, 08:18 PM
Thanks guys I saw this first game and it answered my questions.

rastaman
08-14-2009, 08:37 PM
Chris Spleen will be the starting QB by opening day! As for Orton, get ready for your career back up Journeyman career.

TheReverend
08-14-2009, 08:39 PM

Yeah, I very demure passing the word... pay attention next time.

Premier-Ace55
08-14-2009, 08:41 PM
Yeah, I very demure passing the word... pay attention next time.

huh

OABB
08-14-2009, 09:22 PM

okay...I just peed laughing at this....

Broncos4tw
08-15-2009, 12:18 AM
He threw that many picks because he is an average to below-average QB. That's it. He has terrible vision. yes.. the sky is indeed, falling. But those not impaired with rose tinted glassities already knew this.

DBroncos4life
08-15-2009, 12:20 AM

he throws a lot of passes in practice.

TheDave
08-15-2009, 12:23 AM

OK, now that's funny.

Premier-Ace55
08-15-2009, 05:46 AM
he throws a lot of passes in practice.

Right :thumbs: