PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Harris INJURED

UberBroncoMan
08-10-2009, 12:58 PM
YAY US!

"Ryan Harris upper body injury. Walks off field with trainers. Replaced by Brandon Gorin."

http://twitter.com/denverbroncos

****!

Doggcow
08-10-2009, 12:59 PM
Least it's not Knees.

TheDave
08-10-2009, 01:00 PM
Hope it's not serious...

gunns
08-10-2009, 01:06 PM
Upper body, Hopefully it's not the shoulder.

lex
08-10-2009, 01:07 PM
He's had a problem with his back in the past.

Borks147
08-10-2009, 01:25 PM
other thread specifically said it was an arm injury. mods merge with 8/10 camp notes?

oubronco
08-10-2009, 01:32 PM
Hope it's not his back

SoDak Bronco
08-10-2009, 01:44 PM
I hope it is not serious...I dont care what body part...Who is his backup? Seth Olson?

Kaylore
08-10-2009, 01:45 PM
I guess Matt McChesney, but I'd likt to see Stanley Bryant get some time out there.

dbfan21
08-10-2009, 01:51 PM
DPO reporting it's a shoulder...it better not be serious.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_13030766

atomicbloke
08-10-2009, 02:07 PM
when in the good lord's name will we ever catch a break with injrues... damn#$#$#$#@

lostknight
08-10-2009, 02:20 PM
when in the good lord's name will we ever catch a break with injrues... damn#$#$#$#@

Probably not when we have full contact pads every day.

There is a balance here. AS much as Shanahan's training regime was too loose, we possibly have three first stringers out at this point. That could be very bad.

Rabb
08-10-2009, 02:26 PM
I was waiting for someone to bring up the full contact practices

lol, awesome

Popps
08-10-2009, 02:31 PM

There is a balance here. AS much as Shanahan's training regime was too loose, we possibly have three first stringers out at this point. That could be very bad.

We do?

Marshall was already injured.

There's no indication that Harris will be "out."

Dawkins broke his hand in a fluke play and will be back by game 1, by all accounts.

Football hurts, sometimes. This is normal. You want to get these guys ready for hitting NOW, so we don't have them dropping like flies when the season starts like last year.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
08-10-2009, 02:33 PM
Harris watched practice from the bench. Maybe I'm being pretentious, but if it was too serious I would assume he would be inside the facility.

atomicbloke
08-10-2009, 02:34 PM

Well, we had terrible luck with injuries during Shanny's time too.... so it can't be due to full contact practice or club med session...

I guess its just our wretched luck .. @@#$#R%%R^%&%I$@)

footstepsfrom#27
08-10-2009, 02:35 PM
Not good...injuries in the O-line would be the biggest threat to this team, bar none. That's the one place we can't afford to lose anyone. I hope this has nothing to do with his back. The DP says shoulder...could still be a big blow...fingers crossed.

Los Broncos
08-10-2009, 02:36 PM
We cannot afford to lose him, I cross my fingers it isn't his back.

s0phr0syne
08-10-2009, 02:38 PM

dude, we have caught quite a break so far in terms of injuries. We still haven't lost anyone for the season. Be thankful for no ACLs, no concussions, etc.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
08-10-2009, 02:38 PM
Not good...injuries in the O-line would be the biggest threat to this team, bar none. That's the one place we can't afford to lose anyone. I hope this has nothing to do with his back. The DP says shoulder...could still be a big blow...fingers crossed.

I really don't think it's that serious. He apparently watched the practice from the bench instead of getting treatment.

SoDak Bronco
08-10-2009, 02:42 PM
I wonder if it is serious...knock on wood its not, we move Kuper to RT and move Olsen to play his position

SoDak Bronco
08-10-2009, 02:42 PM
dude, we have caught quite a break so far in terms of injuries. We still haven't lost anyone for the season. Be thankful for no ACLs, no concussions, etc.

Nick Griesen thinks you are full of it

CoopDawg
08-10-2009, 02:47 PM
Lets hope that he heals up and gets ready for the season, we need this guy!

elsid13
08-10-2009, 03:15 PM

Didn't we lose LB (Gression spelling) with ACL tear?

ZONA
08-10-2009, 03:25 PM
He watched practice from the bench. See, in years past he probably would have gone into the locker room for treatment all afternoon followed with a week off from practice. This is a new mentality. Okay, so you hurt your arm and you can't block, but your butt isn't hurt so go sit down over there and watch.

I LOVE IT

BroncoBuff
08-10-2009, 03:41 PM
I hope it is not serious...I dont care what body part...Who is his backup? Seth Olson?

It was Clint Oldenberg 'til last Thursday. Now it's Brandon Gorin with Oldenberg third string.

We're Gorin's 5th team in 7 years.

s0phr0syne
08-10-2009, 03:43 PM
Nick Griesen thinks you are full of it

Ouch! As my post rate goes up, so too does my error rate

aight, you got me there, but honestly, Nick Griesen? It sucks, because I really thought he could be a solid contributor (possibly even competing for some first team reps due to his experience), but in the grand scheme of things, his loss isn't as horrible as losing someone like your starting DT (the panthers), 2 tight ends (the Bengals), etc.

Look, every lost player hurts the team...there's no getting around that, but to act like we've been on the worst end of the injury list this season is false.

We have been hit a lot worse before, and I'm just hoping it doesn't get bad. The only way I know how to do that is to be happy with what hasn't happened yet and to not B!tch about what might (hopefully) turn out to be a relatively minor injury.

PRBronco
08-10-2009, 03:56 PM
It was Clint Oldenberg 'til last Thursday. Now it's Brandon Gorin with Oldenberg third string.

We're Gorin's 5th team in 7 years.

I googled Gorin because i had no idea wtf he was, looks like he was with McD in new england for their super bowls. That's a good sign I guess, that he's a known commodity to McD and he brought him in.

ludo21
08-10-2009, 05:01 PM
Anymore word on Harris??

This is not good news if he is out reg season games.

colonelbeef
08-10-2009, 05:02 PM
He watched practice from the bench. See, in years past he probably would have gone into the locker room for treatment all afternoon followed with a week off from practice. This is a new mentality. Okay, so you hurt your arm and you can't block, but your butt isn't hurt so go sit down over there and watch.

I LOVE IT

or he wasn't that hurt....

BroncoMan4ever
08-10-2009, 10:37 PM
or he wasn't that hurt....

that's what i am thinking, nothing too serious, but still something that kept him out of the afternoon practice.

misturanderson
08-10-2009, 10:52 PM
Anymore word on Harris??

This is not good news if he is out reg season games.

According to an update on 104.3 "sources close to Harris" said it was a shoulder injury and it wasn't serious.

chaz
08-10-2009, 11:02 PM
According to an update on 104.3 "sources close to Harris" said it was a shoulder injury and it wasn't serious.

I like this. I like this a lot.

lazarus4444
08-10-2009, 11:42 PM
:militia::woowoo::bronxrox:

Dudeskey
08-10-2009, 11:53 PM
Wow, our right tackle gets hurt and people are this worried about the line? This forum would crash if it was Clady (knocks on wood)...

Florida_Bronco
08-11-2009, 12:16 AM
Wow, our right tackle gets hurt and people are this worried about the line? This forum would crash if it was Clady (knocks on wood)...

Especially with the reports that Polumbus has been having a tough time. If he was going to miss time, at this point my move (and I bet the team would agree) would be to move Kuper to RT and put Lichtensteiger in Kuper's spot.

meangene
08-11-2009, 03:24 AM
From the Denver Post this morning:

Ryan Harris didn't miss an offensive snap last year, let alone a game.

The Broncos' right tackle might miss the preseason opener Friday at San Francisco after injuring his right shoulder Monday during the team's practice at Invesco Field at Mile High.

The team won't know the full extent of Harris' shoulder injury until today, although initially it didn't appear serious enough to put his regular-season playing streaks in jeopardy. Harris may even try to get in a practice before the team leaves for San Francisco.

A third-round pick from Notre Dame in 2007, Harris overcame back surgery during his rookie training camp to play in 11 games. Switched from left to right tackle last season to make room for Ryan Clady, Harris started all 16 games in 2008 and lined up for all 1,019 snaps.

When Harris left the practice field Monday, he was replaced at right tackle first by Brandon Gorin and then Tyler Polumbus.

The Broncos signed Polumbus last year from the University of Colorado as an undrafted free agent. He has taken most of his reps as a second-team left tackle behind Clady.

Gorin missed all of last season with a shoulder injury, but played for McDaniels in New England from 2002-06. Gorin started 23 games during that span, including the Patriots' Super Bowl XXXIX defeat of Philadelphia after the 2004 season.

"I'm familiar with the system, so that helps me with the learning curve," Gorin said. "But football is football no matter where you go. As an offensive lineman, you either block the guy in front of you or you don't."

chrisp
08-11-2009, 05:32 AM
From the Denver Post this morning:

.........Gorin missed all of last season with a shoulder injury, but played for McDaniels in New England from 2002-06. Gorin started 23 games during that span, including the Patriots' Super Bowl XXXIX defeat of Philadelphia after the 2004 season.

"I'm familiar with the system, so that helps me with the learning curve," Gorin said. "But football is football no matter where you go. As an offensive lineman, you either block the guy in front of you or you don't."

Well it sounds like the Harris injury is non-serious so I'm happy, but its nice to get a little more info on Gorin. Sounds like he's got some pedigree, meaning that our tackle depth is not as thin as some have feared. If he's moved around a lot in the last couple of years it seems like that's more due to injury than anything else.

SoDak Bronco
08-11-2009, 10:56 AM
Weigmen on Sirius NFL radio earlier : Harris had a significant arm injury and came in to practice today