PDA

View Full Version : Jesse Jackson wants an investigation into Vick not being signed

Cool Breeze
08-10-2009, 01:44 PM
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/08/sports/football/08rhoden.html?_r=3&ref=sports

The Rev. Jesse Jackson became the latest public figure to offer an opinion on the future of Michael Vick. Jackson said he wondered whether there had been collusion among N.F.L. owners to keep Vick out of the league.

I want to make it an issue, Jackson said Thursday in a telephone interview. I want teams to explain why they have a quarterback who has less skills but is playing or at least is on the taxi squad, and a guy with more skills cant get into training camp.

Perhaps he forgot this speech.

"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character." MLK

It would seem this is occurring...

DrFate
08-10-2009, 01:46 PM
Jesse does whatever is required for Jesse to get his name in the paper. He couldn't care less about Mike Vick.

lex
08-10-2009, 01:46 PM

The Rev. Jesse Jackson became the latest public figure to offer an opinion on the future of Michael Vick. Jackson said he wondered whether there had been collusion among N.F.L. owners to keep Vick out of the league.

I want to make it an issue, Jackson said Thursday in a telephone interview. I want teams to explain why they have a quarterback who has less skills but is playing or at least is on the taxi squad, and a guy with more skills cant get into training camp.

"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character." MLK

Thank you Cool Breeze for clearly stating what needed to be said.

broncofan7
08-10-2009, 01:49 PM
You're SOOOOOO naive cool breeze. Don't you know it's centuries of cultural oppression, the systematic break down of AA families due to slavery, the injection of HIV, guns and drugs into the AA community by the US government and lack of $$ entering the public school system and AA community for upkeep that has led to Mike Vick wanting to violently force dogs to kill one another? (you can thank me later quiet-vagina and footsies) ..........

broncswin
08-10-2009, 01:51 PM
Jesse must have won a lot of money off Vicks dogs!!

Kaylore
08-10-2009, 01:52 PM
Jesse does whatever is required for Jesse to get his name in the paper. He couldn't care less about Mike Vick.

This. Jesse knows that a lot of Black people sympathize with Vick and this is just grandstanding to his "constituents" by feeding the paranoia; Michael Vick's situation is a result of conspiring white supremacists! OOOGA BOOOGA!!!

Doggcow
08-10-2009, 01:55 PM
Holy **** what a retard. Seriously, thats ridiculous.

TheDave
08-10-2009, 01:58 PM
This. Jesse knows that a lot of Black people sympathize with Vick and this is just grandstanding to his "constituents" by feeding the paranoia; Michael Vick's situation is a result of conspiring white supremacists! OOOGA BOOOGA!!!

I don't think it's even that noble... He's nothing more than a media whore.

gyldenlove
08-10-2009, 01:59 PM
It is sad, it was refreshing when he ran the first time and made a splash. Since then Jesse has just become a sad parody of his former self.

I can't believe that he actually said that a man should be judged on his character in reference to people not giving Vick a job.

cousinal11
08-10-2009, 02:08 PM
It is sad, it was refreshing when he ran the first time and made a splash. Since then Jesse has just become a sad parody of his former self.

I can't believe that he actually said that a man should be judged on his character in reference to people not giving Vick a job.

Couldn't have put it better myself. This isn't even that schocking to me.

UberBroncoMan
08-10-2009, 02:12 PM
You're SOOOOOO naive cool breeze. Don't you know it's centuries of cultural oppression, the systematic break down of AA families due to slavery, the injection of HIV, guns and drugs into the AA community by the US government and lack of $$ entering the public school system and AA community for upkeep that has led to Mike Vick wanting to violently force dogs to kill one another? (you can thank me later quiet-vagina and footsies) ..........

I needed a good laugh :thumbsup:

Rock Chalk
08-10-2009, 02:14 PM
From what it sounds like to me, Jesse is just wondering if there is collusion amongst the owners to keep Vick out of the league.

Doesnt seem like he played the race card.

However, character stands for a lot and I do not suspect collusion by the owners, but rather individually they've decided that the backlash from the fans would be too much to risk bringing Vick in.

That is to say, they've made a sound business decision.

Taco John
08-10-2009, 02:18 PM
I'm so embarassed for Jesse Jackson.

Taco John
08-10-2009, 02:21 PM
Would it even be illegal for the owners to collude on this if they wanted to?

Gcver2ver3
08-10-2009, 02:21 PM

well i can tell you for a fact that Blacks are growing tired of Jesse's act as well...starting with me at the top of the list...

you can also put me down as being sick of Al Sharpten too...

baja
08-10-2009, 02:25 PM
I'm so embarassed for Jesse Jackson.

Is there a list of people that you are embarrassed for, how about worry for or feel shame for.

DBroncos4life
Killing dogs, not playing in the NFL for a couple of years, a terrible QB rating and a terrible completion % might have something to do with it. Plus I don't know that many teams that want to deal with PETA everyday.

Maybe he should look into why Jeff George was kept out of the NFL.

Bronx33
Ohhh for the love of god! what a media whore.

BroncoFanatic
08-10-2009, 02:29 PM
Doesnt seem like he played the race card.

Every time this twit opens his mouth the race card is his motivation.

Media whore for sure.

Los Broncos
08-10-2009, 02:30 PM
Unreal, he says whatever it takes to be in the news.

oubronco
08-10-2009, 02:30 PM
**** Jesse Jackson with a aids invested donkeydong

Northman
08-10-2009, 02:31 PM
Jackson's an idiot.

Bronx33
08-10-2009, 02:32 PM

Media whore for sure.

The race card is jesses bread and butter and with him and sharpton around racism will never die they keep breathing life into it every chance they get i guess it beats getting a real job :spit:

Rock Chalk
08-10-2009, 02:34 PM

Media whore for sure.

Media whore yes, but it appears he did not use the race card on this particular issue as race was not involved in his quote.

edit: BTW if he isnt insinuating this is a race issue and he isnt using the race card, it would be the first time Ive ever seen him NOT pull it. Which is why I commented in the first place.

baja
08-10-2009, 02:35 PM
Is Jesse qualified to judge character?

http://underdogs.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/jesse-jackson-mug-shrunk.jpg

Los Broncos
08-10-2009, 02:36 PM
The race card is jesses bread and butter and with him and sharpton around racism will never die they keep breathing life into it every chance they get i guess it beats getting a real job :spit:

Don't they try and fix racism with racism?

baja
08-10-2009, 02:36 PM

Fanning the flames of racism does more to promote racism than racism itself...

Pick Six
08-10-2009, 02:45 PM
I was fully expecting this to be an Onion article. Nobody could be that idiotic...could they?ROFL!

Garcia Bronco
08-10-2009, 02:48 PM

No. No it wouldn't

Bronx33
08-10-2009, 02:49 PM
Don't they try and fix racism with racism?

It pays the bills and then some.

listopencil
08-10-2009, 02:59 PM

Well, first of all you hit the nail right on the head, Cool Breeze. It's most likely his character that is keeping him from getting a shot at a roster spot. But to answer the question- Vick is a ****ty Quarterback. Plain and simple. He can barely hit the side of a house from twenty feet away. And he plays dumb. Can't read a defense to save his life. But, for what it's worth, nobody has to give a **** what Jesse Jackson thinks of their roster.

footstepsfrom#27
08-10-2009, 03:06 PM
Almost as moronic as Jesse Jackson trying to use Michael Vick to yell "look at me and give me money" is your laughable attempt to link Jackson's latest gaffe with serious civil rights issues...something a lot of people actually count on you being dumb enough to do.

Good job. :thumbs:

GreatBronco16
08-10-2009, 03:07 PM
I want teams to explain"

Guess what Jesse? They don't have to explain **** to you.

Smiling Assassin27
08-10-2009, 03:16 PM
Hey, maybe the NFL owners were just 'acting stupidly'....beer at the White House?

anon
08-10-2009, 03:21 PM
This is embarrassing for Jackson, his followers, and an insult to people trying to do good work in the area of civil rights.

There was a time when a knee jerk statement like this might have had relevance, but times have changed and so-called black leaders and their followers need to pick their battles more carefully or they are just undermining the cause.

Reminds me of a documentary I saw a while back called "Street Fight" which followed a campaign between two African Americans of different generations: Cory Booker and Sharpe James. At various points in a negative campaign, the younger Booker (former Rhodes Scholar and Yale Law grad.) is accused of being a pawn of whites, Jews, of not being black, of being a sell-out, etc.: all of the old school "conspiracies" and insults that are/were rampant in the African American community. The way Sharpe James conducted his campaign and former administrations were indicative of a world view that is quickly becoming less relevant.

More about the film if anybody cares to dig deeper:
http://www.marshallcurry.com/

footstepsfrom#27
08-10-2009, 03:29 PM
This is embarrassing for Jackson, his followers, and an insult to people trying to do good work in the area of civil rights.
That assumes that legitimate civil rights leaders and workers think Jesse Jackson is 1) relevant, and 2) speaks for the civil rights movement, or for black people.
There was a time when a knee jerk statement like this might have had relevance, but times have changed and so-called black leaders and their followers need to pick their battles more carefully or they are just undermining the cause.
The only cause being undermined here is Jesse's continued bid to be seen as something more than a sad caricature of real civil rights leaders. He let go of the real cause long ago.

Most of the people in America who think Jesse Jackson epitomizes civil rights or speaks for black people...are white.

Cool Breeze
08-10-2009, 03:32 PM
I think if Jesse did his homework he'd find that Vick could sign with a handful of teams for the league minimum.
The problem is Vick needs more money and is waiting for the best offer - nothing wrong with that.

There is no controversy in that - which is why Jessie doesn't want to do the homework.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
08-10-2009, 03:34 PM

The world owes Jesse and explanation!

atomicbloke
08-10-2009, 03:35 PM
well i can tell you for a fact that Blacks are growing tired of Jesse's act as well...starting with me at the top of the list...

you can also put me down as being sick of Al Sharpten too...

me too.... completely agree with this one.....

anon
08-10-2009, 03:35 PM
Most of the people in America who think Jesse Jackson epitomizes civil rights or speaks for black people...are white.

Hopefully, this is true. But to me, that is the most unfortunate thing about a statement like this and what I was referring to: in its simplest form, it's just really bad PR. It's one thing if people who are knowledgeable know that Jesse Jackson is an arse and no longer relevant but there are plenty of whites, with votes, who will not bother to dig deeper and lump something like this as just another example of the unending "whining" for "hand-outs", "freebies", and other "undeserved" advantages.

azbroncfan
08-10-2009, 03:59 PM
Jesse not body wants him because he is black. There you go.

broncosteven
08-10-2009, 04:17 PM
I don't think it's even that noble... He's nothing more than a media whore.

Things were more laid back when Jessie was banging his secretary among others, he didn't have time to stir the kettle after cheating on his wife all day.

footstepsfrom#27
08-10-2009, 04:17 PM
Hopefully, this is true. But to me, that is the most unfortunate thing about a statement like this and what I was referring to: in its simplest form, it's just really bad PR. It's one thing if people who are knowledgeable know that Jesse Jackson is an arse and no longer relevant but there are plenty of whites, with votes, who will not bother to dig deeper and lump something like this as just another example of the unending "whining" for "hand-outs", "freebies", and other "undeserved" advantages.
*Cough* broncofan7 *Cough* *Cough"...

He's as relevant as David Duke is to mainstream America.

Northman
08-10-2009, 04:19 PM

True but Duke doesnt get nowhere near the amount of press time that Jackson does. It would be nice if the media would just shut him out from that. But then he might go back and try to sue the media so im not sure that would solve the problem. Hilarious!

footstepsfrom#27
08-10-2009, 04:24 PM
True but Duke doesnt get nowhere near the amount of press time that Jackson does. It would be nice if the media would just shut him out from that. But then he might go back and try to sue the media so im not sure that would solve the problem. Hilarious!
Shut him out? The media love him...in fact he's largely a creation of the media.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
08-10-2009, 04:26 PM

Wow, it only took you three responses to jump in with your typical tripe.

Keep it racist.

BroncoBuff
08-10-2009, 04:27 PM
dumass

Paladin
08-10-2009, 04:32 PM
Jackson is a hypocrit. Wasn't he supporting at least one illegimate kid? Didn't he take part in the sins of the flesh a couple of times with partners to whom he was not married or betrothed?

I want an explanation......

Paladin
08-10-2009, 04:33 PM
Wow, it only took you three responses to jump in with your typical tripe.

Keep it racist.

You deal with sarcasm much?

vailitaliano319
08-10-2009, 04:34 PM
clown

broncofan7
08-10-2009, 04:37 PM
Almost as moronic as Jesse Jackson trying to use Michael Vick to yell "look at me and give me money" is your laughable attempt to link Jackson's latest gaffe with serious civil rights issues...something a lot of people actually count on you being dumb enough to do.

Good job. :thumbs:

Lay with dogs you are bound to wind up with fleas.......JJ's political/social views of AA victimization don't differ from those that you espouse on this board whenever the chance presents itself.......

broncofan7
08-10-2009, 04:52 PM

What's strange is --the same people who legitimize JJ's incoherent/unfounded complaints such as this most recent 'slight' against Vick by the white owners of the NFL--are the SAME people who gave credence to the JENA-6 farce and the Duke 'rape' case--the LEFTIST MSM.

On the other hand, does the MSM hold what David Duke may have to say as being worthy and righteous? Of course not-hence it doesn't get coverage--he has already been cast as a no good, racist, white male.What's ironic is that you think that you aren't in the main stream regarding your political and social views footsteps--but the simple fact is--you cry "BAHHHH" with every key stroke.........

footstepsfrom#27
08-10-2009, 04:58 PM
Lay with dogs you are bound to wind up with fleas.......JJ's political/social views of AA victimization don't differ from those that you espouse on this board whenever the chance presents itself.......
Wrong. My views are 180 degrees from his. Not surprisingly, you don't understand. Jackson and Sharpton are convenient media creations...slightly more advanced buffoon-like caricatures of white racism designed to fool dullards who can't think for themselves much like the Aunt Jemima or shuffling house negro of 1930's television shows.

You epitomize the target audience.

Northman
08-10-2009, 04:59 PM
Shut him out? The media love him...in fact he's largely a creation of the media.

Again true. But my point is if he is irrelevant it would be NICE to have him go away and be a nobody just like Duke. Its unfortuante that Jackson gets air time everytime he sneezes.

footstepsfrom#27
08-10-2009, 04:59 PM
On the other hand, does the MSM hold what David Duke may have to say as being worthy and righteous? Of course not-hence it doesn't get coverage...
Without even realizing it, you just proved my point.

footstepsfrom#27
08-10-2009, 05:00 PM
Again true. But my point is if he is irrelevant it would be NICE to have him go away and be a nobody just like Duke. Its unfortuante that Jackson gets air time everytime he sneezes.
Ask yourself why this is.

broncofan7
08-10-2009, 05:01 PM
Wrong. My views are 180 degrees from his. Not surprisingly, you don't understand. Jackson and Sharpton are convenient media creations...slightly more advanced buffoon-like caricatures of white racism designed to fool dullards who can't think for themselves much like the Aunt Jemima or shuffling house negro of 1930's television shows.

You epitomize the target audience.

I love me some aunt Jemima! Let's keep her out of this........

Northman
08-10-2009, 05:02 PM

Because of the media which is a shame. But no, if your going with the all white media angle i cant say i agree with you there.

footstepsfrom#27
08-10-2009, 05:03 PM
Because of the media which is a shame. But no, if your going with the all white media angle i cant say i agree with you there.
Ask yourself this; Why does the media give credence to these guys when the vast majority of people who listen every time they open their yaps are white?

Ponder this for a while.

Bronx33
08-10-2009, 05:07 PM

One thing jesse knows ( hes a master btw ) is a prime media opportunity for maximum facetime for maximum potential payoff but it seems the pickins are getting slim but that don't stop him.

broncofan7
08-10-2009, 05:07 PM
Ask yourself this; Why does the media give credence to these guys when the vast majority of people who listen every time they open their yaps are white?

Ponder this for a while.

So only white people watch the news? That's RACIST!

I love how your generalizations about race are legitimate--while items like FBI crime statistics are products of the GREAT WHITE RACIST CONSPIRACY designed to keep the AA community down!

Rickity
08-10-2009, 05:09 PM
"Only white people are racist." The Rev. Jesse Jackson 1996

Cool Breeze
08-10-2009, 05:11 PM

Ponder this for a while.

Better the devil you know?

Bronx33
08-10-2009, 05:12 PM
only white people watch the news footstepsfrom#27 2009

j/k << forgot to add this to the post ;D

Northman
08-10-2009, 05:14 PM

Ponder this for a while.

The media gives credence to them because they are the self appointed faces for the black community. If the black community doesnt feel they are being represented well they could very easily get someone else to be the face of their trials and tribulations. Who that is i dont know. But the media only goes with the guys who are the most outspoken. And until there's a change of the guard within the representation ranks it will probably always be those guys. I mean, you and i have talked at some length about your racial relations and so. Do you feel like these guys are doing a good job at representing the AA culture? Or do you feel like there should be somebody else taking charge in that arena? I mean, i agree the media gives these guys the power to put their faces out there but until the AA community does something to change that than these irrelevant buffoons will continue to be plastered in the headlines. Agree?

footstepsfrom#27
08-10-2009, 05:18 PM
One thing jesse knows ( hes a master btw ) is a prime media opportunity for maximum facetime for maximum potential payoff but it seems the pickins are getting slim but that don't stop him.
Jesse's real constituency largely disappeared a decade ago, but it only takes a small number of loyalists to keep his magic tricks show alive. Jackson epitomizes the Saul Alinsky theory of confrontation that powered the '60's anti-society movement. Real civil rights proponents on the cutting edge know his issues and tactics are not only self serving, but long dead and buried by those with their attention focused on the real battle...economic empowerment rather than individual token social reforms that masquerade as important but only resonate with a tiny fraction of blacks...the rabbit in the hat so to speak.

footstepsfrom#27
08-10-2009, 05:20 PM
So only white people watch the news? That's RACIST!

I love how your generalizations about race are legitimate--while items like FBI crime statistics are products of the GREAT WHITE RACIST CONSPIRACY designed to keep the AA community down!
I said nothing about only whites watching the news, and this is not about FBI crime stats.

Try again.

TheReverend
08-10-2009, 05:25 PM

Ponder this for a while.

Don't you think it has more to do with people being too afraid of risking a racist label so they don't appropriately stand up to these loud-mouthed extortionists than some racial cartoon orchestrated by the media?

Rohirrim
Jesse has become a caricature.

footstepsfrom#27
Better the devil you know?
Close...consider that media slant is NEVER the product of random accident. People with a lot of marketing experience and advanced degrees know why you watch. Look at the way the major media outlets have standardized around appealing to specific demographics as political constituents like FOX and their targeted audience of people on the right as opposed to the old line networks with theirs on the left.

Bronx33
08-10-2009, 05:26 PM
Jesse's real constituency largely disappeared a decade ago, but it only takes a small number of loyalists to keep his magic tricks show alive. Jackson epitomizes the Saul Alinsky theory of confrontation that powered the '60's anti-society movement. Real civil rights proponents on the cutting edge know his issues and tactics are not only self serving, but long dead and buried by those with their attention focused on the real battle...economic empowerment rather than individual token social reforms that masquerade as important but only resonate with a tiny fraction of blacks...the rabbit in the hat so to speak.

Iam really looking forward to the changing of the guard for the black community jesses show got old along time ago.

broncofan7
08-10-2009, 05:31 PM
Iam really looking forward to the changing of the guard for the black community jesses show got old along time ago.

As the OM's annointed leader of 'racist' white males everywhere(thanks TGN)-I hereby nominate Stacey Dash

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc107/bastardlybutta/bastardly-photos/album33/stacey-dash-king-magazine-june-2008.jpg

footstepsfrom#27
08-10-2009, 05:46 PM
The media gives credence to them because they are the self appointed faces for the black community. If the black community doesnt feel they are being represented well they could very easily get someone else to be the face of their trials and tribulations.
This is no more possible than it is for some vague "white representation" to isolate the David Dukes of the world. There is no "black community" in terms of representative organizational presence that has power over what Jackson or any other facsimile does or does not do. He is beholden to nobody but himself. His few remaining constituents are vocal and visible only because they are proffered as "leaders" by the larger media. The media may follow Jackson because he's loud and obnoxious...but don't think for a moment that this isn't welcomed by editorial decision makers. The arguments may have changed, the issues morphed over time...but people forget that "the media" and all it's combined players in the mass market, are in the end...corporations with interests...political as they've ever been.
Who that is i dont know. But the media only goes with the guys who are the most outspoken. And until there's a change of the guard within the representation ranks it will probably always be those guys.
Bingo. "The guys who are most outspoken"...that strategy no longer marks the primary movers and shakers in American civil rights. It was set out in the '60's and died out in the mid-90's. Have you noticed that even the NAACP no longer takes anywhere NEAR the same kind of public, orchestrated and in-your-face approach? That's because the real civil rights battles are nowhere near the media representation of them...they're in thousands of local communities, financial institutions, schools and churches, businesses and even at Harvard University.
I mean, you and i have talked at some length about your racial relations and so. Do you feel like these guys are doing a good job at representing the AA culture? Or do you feel like there should be somebody else taking charge in that arena?
That's just it...they're not leaders at all, certainly not civil rights leaders. Do you honestly think black America gives two ****s about Michael Vick? That millions of black people are waited with baited breath to see if Vick lands an NFL job? 95% could absolutely care less about this guy, yet why is Jackson's rant on the news? Because he offers something the media loves...controversy. You don't have to look at Jackson or even at their portrayal of black civil rights as a political or socio-economic movement of race to figure this out. Watch your local news...half of it is not even "news" at all...the other night we had 8 minutes on a 35 minute newscast devoted to a woman who got scammed out of $200 with a bad check...is this worthy of 25% of the news airtime for a city of 5 million people? Somebody got took for $200 and it makes the evening news? News is no longer about real news...it's about what sells...and by extension what titilates the typical viewer.
I mean, i agree the media gives these guys the power to put their faces out there but until the AA community does something to change that than these irrelevant buffoons will continue to be plastered in the headlines. Agree?
What exactly would you suggest "the AA community" do? I've sat in church and listened to one of the most renowned black ministers in America say the same thing I'm saying...to a chorus of "Amens" from the faithful...should he call a press conference? The point is this...there is no "AA community spokesman". Black people are not an individual voice nor do they have any real "face" any more than we do...the closest thing to that would be Obama but he's the president of all the people...and you saw what happened when he weighed in on an issue related to historic racism...it was rejected and used as a political football, as if Obama had no right to be both president and black at the same time.

No...I'm afraid it's simply incumbent on clear thinking Americans of both races to recognize these clowns for what they are.

Or you can write the editor or phone the TV station...do you think they care?

Northman
08-10-2009, 05:57 PM
This is no more possible than it is for some vague "white representation" to isolate the David Dukes of the world. There is no "black community" in terms of representative organizational presence that has power over what Jackson or any other facsimile does or does not do. He is beholden to nobody but himself. His few remaining constituents are vocal and visible only because they are proffered as "leaders" by the larger media. The media may follow Jackson because he's loud and obnoxious...but don't think for a moment that this isn't welcomed by editorial decision makers. The arguments may have changed, the issues morphed over time...but people forget that "the media" and all it's combined players in the mass market, are in the end...corporations with interests...political as they've ever been.

Bingo. "The guys who are most outspoken"...that strategy no longer marks the primary movers and shakers in American civil rights. It was set out in the '60's and died out in the mid-90's. Have you noticed that even the NAACP no longer takes anywhere NEAR the same kind of public, orchestrated and in-your-face approach? That's because the real civil rights battles are nowhere near the media representation of them...they're in thousands of local communities, financial institutions, schools and churches, businesses and even at Harvard University.

That's just it...they're not leaders at all, certainly not civil rights leaders. Do you honestly think black America gives two ****s about Michael Vick? That millions of black people are waited with baited breath to see if Vick lands an NFL job? 95% could absolutely care less about this guy, yet why is Jackson's rant on the news? Because he offers something the media loves...controversy. You don't have to look at Jackson or even at their portrayal of black civil rights as a political or socio-economic movement of race to figure this out. Watch your local news...half of it is not even "news" at all...the other night we had 8 minutes on a 35 minute newscast devoted to a woman who got scammed out of $200 with a bad check...is this worthy of 25% of the news airtime for a city of 5 million people? Somebody got took for $200 and it makes the evening news? News is no longer about real news...it's about what sells...and by extension what titilates the typical viewer.

What exactly would you suggest "the AA community" do? I've sat in church and listened to one of the most renowned black ministers in America say the same thing I'm saying...to a chorus of "Amens" from the faithful...should he call a press conference? The point is this...there is no "AA community spokesman". Black people are not an individual voice nor do they have any real "face" any more than we do...the closest thing to that would be Obama but he's the president of all the people...and you saw what happened when he weighed in on an issue related to historic racism...it was rejected and used as a political football, as if Obama had no right to be both president and black at the same time.

No...I'm afraid it's simply incumbent on clear thinking Americans of both races to recognize these clowns for what they are.

Or you can write the editor or phone the TV station...do you think they care?

No, i dont think they care and i agree with a lot of what you said. But i do think that the NAACP should take a more hands on approach than allow guys like Jackson to fill up the media outlets. Whether they have the power to do so again i dont know. But it seems like again that the AA community is being passive instead of aggressive when dealing with these trolls. I would have to think that there is some way that they can dislodge these guys as the face of their culture in one way or another. It really is a shame though as it is doing the AA a huge disservice to allow these idiots to run rampant. As for the idea that black america cares about Vick being in the NFL? I think they do more than you think. People really had no reason to want OJ to be innocent but when he was aquitted there were quite a bit AA's who were rejoicing in the streets.

DarkHorse
08-10-2009, 06:26 PM
This guy is an idiot.

Surprised this isn't labeled a Hate Crime.

rastaman
08-10-2009, 06:50 PM
I think if Jesse did his homework he'd find that Vick could sign with a handful of teams for the league minimum.
The problem is Vick needs more money and is waiting for the best offer - nothing wrong with that.

There is no controversy in that - which is why Jessie doesn't want to do the homework.

Jessie Jackson is not the issue unless fans want to make it an issue for pure gossip and conversational--killing time before the season starts.

Tony Dungy is Vick's "Mentor" and Dungy has the respect of both Goddell and the NFL owners. Dungy won't lie for Vick and should Vick slip up, Dungy won't hesitate to report his findings to Godell.

Point is, teams will need a QB before the season ends and a team will tell the PETA freaks to get bent and offer Vick a contract. Once Vick joins a team, his teammates will welcome him from the stand point that Vick has served his debt to society and deserves another chance. The player don't care how the hanging judge fans feel nor will they dwell on the small minded comments the anti Vick fans exhibit across the NFL.

footstepsfrom#27
08-10-2009, 06:56 PM
No, i dont think they care and i agree with a lot of what you said. But i do think that the NAACP should take a more hands on approach than allow guys like Jackson to fill up the media outlets. Whether they have the power to do so again i dont know.
The NAACP is not the voice of black civil rights either. In fact they've become less and less trusted as time goes on. Much of what they do has gone to further a political agenda that generates power for their own organization. Among these issues...a considerable lack of respect for black women's issues, a vastly over centralized power structure, and a lack of willingness to see younger people as leaders. These issues are not unique in any way to black civil rights groups, but are indicative of the kinds of issues ALL organizations struggle with, the ability to remain relevant over time, the ability to recognize what needs changing, and the ability to demonstrate they're in touch with the past while cognizant of what's coming in the future.
But it seems like again that the AA community is being passive instead of aggressive when dealing with these trolls. I would have to think that there is some way that they can dislodge these guys as the face of their culture in one way or another.
Who is "they"? Even if we could identify who "they" are...an initiative launched by "they" would probably only serve to do one thing; draw attention and provide legitimacy to Jackson. The truth is...a lot of black civil rights leaders don't care enough about Jackson to even pay attention to what he says...that is more often the preoccupation of whites. If you suggested they should...they'd ask you why they should care what he's doing. Some might be tempted to think about confronting this...most of them would probably tell you they see no upside, only the possibility of involving themselves in some kind of controversy they don't need, can't benefit from and wouldn't do because it would put them in the position of being seen as trying to become Jackson's heir to the throne of pompousness.
It really is a shame though as it is doing the AA a huge disservice to allow these idiots to run rampant. As for the idea that black america cares about Vick being in the NFL? I think they do more than you think. People really had no reason to want OJ to be innocent but when he was aquitted there were quite a bit AA's who were rejoicing in the streets.
Jackson's antics have nothing to do with the black community, let alone are they "doing it a disservice". That presupposes he's reflective of their interests, speaks on their behalf or has anything to do with the average person's reality...which he doesn't. As for OJ vs. Vick...those are TOTALLY different issues. One was seen as representative of a larger problem in the American justice system that propagates racism towards black males...though most black people probably know OJ did it...the trial itself at some point ceased to become about OJ and became political. Vick is nothing of the sort. He's just another athlete who got in trouble and did something incredibly stupid. You can no more connect Vick with OJ than I can connect Mark McGuire's steroid use with the white supremacy nuts who shot Alan Berg in Denver based on them both being white.

broncosteven
08-10-2009, 08:02 PM
Why is Jessie dogging the NFL while they are still finding bodies (and assorted body parts) out at Burr Oak?

Talk about a crime of the century.

Archer81
08-10-2009, 08:04 PM
What church is Jesse a reverend of?

:Broncos:

OABB
08-10-2009, 08:10 PM
I don't understand the Jesse hate here. It is clearly obvious that the NFL owners don't want black people on their teams.

footstepsfrom#27
08-10-2009, 08:21 PM
None...he was ordained after dropping out of seminary in the mid '60's and attached himself to MLK and the leaders of the Southern Christian Law Center, which he used to climb the ladder in the movement.

As far as I know he's never pastored a church.

rastaman
08-10-2009, 08:24 PM
I don't understand the Jesse hate here. It is clearly obvious that the NFL owners don't want black people on their teams.

NFL stands for "WHITE OWNERSHIP ONLY"!!!:thumbs:

DarkHorse
08-10-2009, 08:24 PM
None...he was ordained after dropping out of seminary in the mid '60's and attached himself to MLK and the leaders of the Southern Christian Law Center, which he used to climb the ladder in the movement.

As far as I know he's never pastored a church.

Nor should he ever.

Archer81
08-10-2009, 08:30 PM
Same with Al Sharpton. These guys are worse than jackals. Create situations where there are none to "solve" racism when none existed previously...did Jesse or Al ever apologize to the Duke LAX team?

RhymesayersDU
08-10-2009, 08:32 PM
I think you all need to apologize to Mr. Jackson...

http://ipicture.ru/uploads/080405/LYk5k54S7W.jpg

...Apologize!

broncosteven
08-10-2009, 08:53 PM

He started Rainbow push which became Operation Push out of Chicago.

I think it is sad that his son has to distance himself from his father's legacy to further his political career but I guess JFK had to do the same thing...

lex
08-10-2009, 08:55 PM

I think it is sad that his son has to distance himself from his father's legacy to further his political career but I guess JFK had to do the same thing...

and then on top of that, its sad that his son has to give money under the table to Blago to further his career.

Mr.Meanie
08-10-2009, 09:09 PM
Jesse Jackson is an idiot, and he gets press because he becomes (intentionally) water-cooler talk every time he does something stupid.

I think the more relevant point of this thread is that if there is a topic about black people, it is virtually a guarantee that broncofan7 will have chimed in with something about Affirmative Action, slavery, reverse racism, liberals, or media conspiracy within the first 5 posts. He is more predictable than Al Davis' draft "strategy".

Cool Breeze
08-10-2009, 09:16 PM
http://www.socialtravellersite.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/fountain.jpg

Long live Al Davis!!!

ol number 7
08-10-2009, 10:10 PM
Is there a list of people that you are embarrassed for, how about worry for or feel shame for.

If Vick ain't makin no money he can't contribute to the rainbow coalition man.

Surprise Jesse didn't say that MV was his dog.

Dudeskey
08-10-2009, 10:18 PM

There it is- close thread...:yayaya:

McDman
08-10-2009, 10:21 PM
I know it sounds terrible, but Jackson is one of the few people that I would not feel the slightest feeling of remorse if he died. He is a terrible person and he sets black people back by bringing up race at every chance he gets. Same with Shaprton.

They were all about bringing in the black panthers and calling the race card with the Duke lacrosse situation and once they proved it false they didn't apologize or anything, they just left.

They are in the same class as Jerry Falwell and the West borough Baptist Church.

Dr. Broncenstein
08-11-2009, 05:36 AM
I heard we didn't persue Vick because we'd have to install separate bathrooms, waterfountains, and backdoor entrances. Seems reasonable.

tnedator
08-11-2009, 05:40 AM

This has probably been answered in the next three pages, but I don't have time to check before work.

I'm believe that since the players are a union and they have a collective bargaining agreement, it prevents the teams from colluding whether it be to keep salaries down, blacklisting a player, etc.

I don't know the specifics, but I have heard it come up in the past in the sense that team owners can't collude to accomplish something.

ol number 7
08-11-2009, 06:43 AM
This has probably been answered in the next three pages, but I don't have time to check before work.

I'm believe that since the players are a union and they have a collective bargaining agreement, it prevents the teams from colluding whether it be to keep salaries down, blacklisting a player, etc.

I don't know the specifics, but I have heard it come up in the past in the sense that team owners can't collude to accomplish something.

Dungy said on the Hall of Fame game he thinks Vick will be signed in a week so the self destruction can begin again soon. I think Vick has too many hangarounds who keep telling him he didn't do anything THAT BAD. Jesse Jackson starting to run his mouth makes you almost want to see Vick screw up again just to say "told you so". Vick, then Clarett maybe Rae Carruth and Plex, Donte Stallworth, just start a team called the Blackballers run by Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton. They play independant like Notre Dame. Goodell has no say so over this squad so they can use steroids, carry guns ,rape the cheerleaders and rob a bank when they need to sign a new playa.

rastaman
08-11-2009, 06:43 AM
Nothing like having a UNION in place to the Old Boys Club in line!!! Dam that must suck big time.

El Guapo
08-11-2009, 06:52 AM
Anyone here ever see the episode of Gangland on the History Channel that documented the black panthers? Anyway, Jesse Jackson was a large part and was the right hand man to the man in charge at the time. They were definitely known for their partisan behavior and good morals and ethics. . .

rastaman
08-11-2009, 10:29 AM

When you are in politics and become an elected Congress person or President if you want to be remembered you must have a legacy. GW Bush's legacy will always be the Iraq war b/c he wanted to be a war time President to help with his re-election in 2004....I guess it worked.

rastaman
08-11-2009, 10:31 AM
Anyone here ever see the episode of Gangland on the History Channel that documented the black panthers? Anyway, Jesse Jackson was a large part and was the right hand man to the man in charge at the time. They were definitely known for their partisan behavior and good morals and ethics. . .

Speaking of ethics and integrity which organization had more: The Black Panthers or Hoover's FBI?

rastaman
08-11-2009, 10:34 AM
Dungy said on the Hall of Fame game he thinks Vick will be signed in a week so the self destruction can begin again soon. I think Vick has too many hangarounds who keep telling him he didn't do anything THAT BAD. Jesse Jackson starting to run his mouth makes you almost want to see Vick screw up again just to say "told you so". Vick, then Clarett maybe Rae Carruth and Plex, Donte Stallworth, just start a team called the Blackballers run by Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton. They play independant like Notre Dame. Goodell has no say so over this squad so they can use steroids, carry guns ,rape the cheerleaders and rob a bank when they need to sign a new playa.

Sounds like you want to replace Goddell as the commissioner to cleanup the league. Keep Dreaming Mr. Wannabe.:thumbs:

oubronco
08-11-2009, 10:36 AM
I think you all need to apologize to Mr. Jackson...

http://ipicture.ru/uploads/080405/LYk5k54S7W.jpg

...Apologize!

fugg Jackson he's a fuggin Idiot

rastaman
08-11-2009, 10:38 AM
Jesse Jackson is an idiot, and he gets press because he becomes (intentionally) water-cooler talk every time he does something stupid.

I think the more relevant point of this thread is that if there is a topic about black people, it is virtually a guarantee that broncofan7 will have chimed in with something about Affirmative Action, slavery, reverse racism, liberals, or media conspiracy within the first 5 posts. He is more predictable than Al Davis' draft "strategy".

Broncofan7 has some freudian issue that he's finally releasing out of the closet when it comes to social norms/issues and the black athlete.

Keep it coming Broncofan7........at least your hones and making an ass out of yourself at the same time.

rastaman
08-11-2009, 10:40 AM

Didn't Jesse take over for Rev Jerry Falwell????? ROFL!

Broncojef
08-11-2009, 10:59 AM
Al Sharpton must be so jealous, Jesse really beat him to this earth shattering story.

vancejohnson82
08-11-2009, 11:18 AM
he should find out why Rae Carruth can't get an interview while he's at it...

rastaman
08-11-2009, 12:54 PM
he should find out why Rae Carruth can't get an interview while he's at it...

Isn't due to come up for parole? Maybe Godell can reinstate him as well.:giggle:

NYBronco
08-11-2009, 02:19 PM
Jackson knows its all about timing. While Tony Dungy is doing all the work in mentoring Vick, Jackson makes a statement to give the illusion he will have something to do with Vick signing with a team.

It was all over ESPN radio today in interviews with Tony, that he expects Vick to be signed by the end of this week.