cousinal11
08-10-2009, 11:20 AM
Recap below...

Pseudofool
08-10-2009, 11:23 AM
thx, listening now

theAPAOps5
08-10-2009, 11:24 AM
Talking the Cutler and other issue. Said there are certain things that you can't tolerate or let go and can't send wrong message to team. (paraphrasing)

Now talking about growing up with a coach as his father in Canton.

SoDak Bronco
08-10-2009, 11:24 AM
Is he on yet?

cousinal11
08-10-2009, 11:25 AM
Is he on yet?

now

theAPAOps5
08-10-2009, 11:26 AM
Says Orton is doing fine overall, despite the infamous BOO practice (my words not his) said the offense has lots of talent

Brandon Marshall is rehabbing an "injury" and is in all meetings

theAPAOps5
08-10-2009, 11:27 AM
Rome asked if its exclusively the injury or him not wanting to be there. McD says he will put faith in Marshall and believe him that its an injury.

theAPAOps5
08-10-2009, 11:28 AM
Knowshon has rust but he got the system and all it needs is getting a hair quicker through repitition.

Asked about rookie coach safety net. Said all coaches are under the gone and the goal is to win every week.

fdf
08-10-2009, 11:29 AM
. . . McD says he will put faith in Marshall and believe him that its an injury.

Sounds like he has his doubts. That's not a ringing endorsement of the pouter.

theAPAOps5
08-10-2009, 11:29 AM
Said Defense was smaller and lacked in pressure. Immediately wanted to get bigger and more physical. First was to bring in people who can make plays and put hands on the ball.

theAPAOps5
08-10-2009, 11:30 AM

The way I took it is McD will give him the benefit of the doubt, he has shown up to every meeting and every rehab assignment.

theAPAOps5
08-10-2009, 11:30 AM
Ok lunch is over will update if anything else of note is said.

Pseudofool
08-10-2009, 11:31 AM

Were you listening? There wasn't any equivocation on McD's part despite Rome pressing him...

theAPAOps5
08-10-2009, 11:32 AM
Were you listening? There wasn't any equivocation on McD's part despite Rome pressing him...

I agree he stood behind Marshall rather than sort of diagonal.

titan
08-10-2009, 11:34 AM
Thanks for the heads up. I heard the last few minutes. McDaniels came across well. He's got Rome on his side (Rome's on anybody's side who likes being on the show)

McDaniels is also scheduled to be on Vic Lombardi's radio show, 1600 AM, at or near 7 a.m. tomorrow.

cousinal11
08-10-2009, 11:41 AM
1st - Didn't plan for the drama in the offseason, did what was best for team, the system is now in place, lookikng forward to Cincy in September.

2nd - Talked about Saban, Belichick and how he as Head Coach has to keep things in perspective, there are certain things you can't tolerate as a NFL Coach.

3rd - Talked about being coaches son how he has been accustomed to 2 a days since he was 4, 5 years old. Family went through death threats growing up because his Dad was Head Coach of a big Ohio HS football team.

4th - He got used to the pressure at a young age because of death threats and found out how to handle adversity. Gave props to his pops.

5th - Despite boo birds the other night torwards Orton he is doing fine and the offense is picking up everything nicely.

6th - Marshall is rehabbing, basically he trusts that he isn't faking injury because of contract issues. Marshall is at every meeting and they are communicating well.

7th - Little rust on Knowshown but he is a bright kid and he caught on to the system very well in the spring. He is improving every day.

8th - When asked about Belichick's coaching tree not being successful he said he is not sure why they haven't won.

9th - Talked about how the defense last year from an opponents perspective was small and didn't force turnovers and that is why they made offseason acquisitions. They are bigger, more physical, and want to force turnovers.

10th - Talked about how he isn't sleeping on a cot (like Gruden) and thinks that kissing his kids at night when he gets home is better than being a great coach.

Was a great interview, the more I hear this guy the more I like what he is saying.

loborugger
08-10-2009, 11:53 AM

He specifically said that he trusted the guy and that he had made contact with the Marshall.

cousinal11
08-10-2009, 11:56 AM
He specifically said that he trusted the guy and that he had made contact with the Marshall.

^ Correct

6th - Marshall is rehabbing, basically he trusts that he isn't faking injury because of contract issues. Marshall is at every meeting and they are communicating well.

loborugger
08-10-2009, 11:57 AM
Was a great interview, the more I hear this guy the more I like what he is saying.

Ya, I agree. He hasnt produced anything as of yet, but I do agree with you so far. I would even go so far as to say this - If McDaniels and Cutler are mutually exclusive (can only have one or other), every new day that Cutler opens his piehole points more and more towards this team being better off for having McDaniels than Cutler.

Rabb
08-10-2009, 12:00 PM
Ya, I agree. He hasnt produced anything as of yet, but I do agree with you so far. I would even go so far as to say this - If McDaniels and Cutler are mutually exclusive (can only have one or other), every new day that Cutler opens his piehole points more and more towards this team being better off for having McDaniels than Cutler.

I am pretty sure eventually Jay will realize he is the one that made the mistake

cousinal11
08-10-2009, 12:00 PM

Agree, I think we are going to surprise a lot of haters this year. The emphasis on D and special teams is what I like.

fdf
08-10-2009, 12:01 PM

No I wasn't. Just reading the words. Intonation could clearly change the meaning I read into the written word.

colonelbeef
08-10-2009, 12:03 PM
1st - Didn't plan for the drama in the offseason, did what was best for team, the system is now in place, lookikng forward to Cincy in September.

2nd - Talked about Saban, Belichick and how he as Head Coach has to keep things in perspective, there are certain things you can't tolerate as a NFL Coach.

3rd - Talked about being coaches son how he has been accustomed to 2 a days since he was 4, 5 years old. Family went through death threats growing up because his Dad was Head Coach of a big Ohio HS football team.

4th - He got used to the pressure at a young age because of death threats and found out how to handle adversity. Gave props to his pops.

5th - Despite boo birds the other night torwards Orton he is doing fine and the offense is picking up everything nicely.

7th - Little rust on Knowshown but he is a bright kid and he caught on to the system very well in the spring. He is improving every day.

8th - When asked about Belichick's coaching tree not being successful he said he is not sure why they haven't won.

9th - Talked about how the defense last year from an opponents perspective was small and didn't force turnovers and that is why they made offseason acquisitions. They are bigger, more physical, and want to force turnovers.

10th - Talked about how he isn't sleeping on a cot (like Gruden) and thinks that kissing his kids at night when he gets home is better than being a great coach.

thanks for taking the time to type it out for those of us unable to listen.

loborugger
08-10-2009, 12:03 PM
Oh, and one other overlooked thing - he is the only known coach in the NFL who listens to the Rome show. Streams it in the evening. So, if you believe in Jungle Karma...

jhns
08-10-2009, 12:06 PM

That will only last until we all see Orton and Cutler play again. Bronco fans are going to have a real reality check this season. Someday they may even realize that you don't have to want to date your players for them to be good. Shoot, they may even realize that they wouldn't hang out with 90 percent of athletes. Personality has nothing to do with play. People had the same complaints about Elway in his early days.

Who cares as long as you can believe in this kid that came in pounding his chest though, right? Who cares that he made this organization a laughing stock? Who cares that we are going to be a punchline for the next 50 years after this trade plays out? At least we have a young guy that you like! That makes everything better!

PRBronco
08-10-2009, 12:06 PM
Said Defense was smaller and lacked in pressure. Immediately wanted to get bigger and more physical. First was to bring in people who can make plays and put hands on the ball.

Yessss....I love it. ^5

cousinal11
08-10-2009, 12:09 PM
Yessss....I love it. ^5

Me as well, over the last 5 years I'm pretty sure we are near the bottom in turnovers forced.

I'm also pretty sure I could count our turnovers forced last year on my 10 fingers, not using them all.

DarkHorse
08-10-2009, 12:10 PM
Thanks for the recap

jhns
08-10-2009, 12:11 PM
Talking the Cutler and other issue. Said there are certain things that you can't tolerate or let go and can't send wrong message to team. (paraphrasing)

You must have missed the part where this stuff can't be tolerated "if it comes from Cutler" who mcd didn't like. He seems to think all the other players are allowed to pull this stuff. Stokley, Sheffler, and Marshall have all done some or a lot of the same things as Cutler and it is tolerated. Maybe he forgot his message after his first month?

jhns
08-10-2009, 12:12 PM
Me as well, over the last 5 years I'm pretty sure we are near the bottom in turnovers forced.

I'm also pretty sure I could count our turnovers forced last year on my 10 fingers, not using them all.

I think you mean the last 2 years.

CoopDawg
08-10-2009, 12:13 PM
Agree, I think we are going to surprise a lot of haters this year. The emphasis on D and special teams is what I like.

This is going to be a huge difference for our offense. Part of the reason that we racked up so many yards last season was our struggles in the field position game. If we can force some turnovers and excel in the kicking game life for Orton can become a lot easier.

loborugger
That will only last until we all see Orton and Cutler play again. Bronco fans are going to have a real reality check this season. Someday they may even realize that you don't have to want to date your players for them to be good. Shoot, they may even realize that they wouldn't hang out with 90 percent of athletes. Personality has nothing to do with play. People had the same complaints about Elway in his early days.

Who cares as long as you can believe in this kid that came in pounding his chest though, right? Who cares that he made this organization a laughing stock? Who cares that we are going to be a punchline for the next 50 years after this trade plays out? At least we have a young guy that you like! That makes everything better!

Or not. He could fall flat on his face in Chi-town.

But, there are already 10,000 threads on the Mane with 100,000,000 other posts already debating that point to ad nauseaum.

cousinal11
You must have missed the part where this stuff can't be tolerated "if it comes from Cutler" who mcd didn't like. He seems to think all the other players are allowed to pull this stuff. Stokley, Sheffler, and Marshall have all done some or a lot of the same things as Cutler and it is tolerated. Maybe he forgot his message after his first month?

Marshall maybe but I don't recall Stoke or Scheff doing anything near the PMS'ing Cutler did a few months ago.

jhns
08-10-2009, 12:18 PM
Marshall maybe but I don't recall Stoke or Scheff doing anything near the PMS'ing Cutler did a few months ago.

Yes, he didn't specify what can't be tolerated so I covered all issues. Stokley called out his moves like cutler called out him being allowed to have him in trade talks. Sheffler was pissed, talked about not liking mcdaniels and had a period of being hard to reach after it came out he was on the trade block. Marshall covers most all of the issues other than being hard to contact.

Again, they are only not tolerated when mcdaniels has a personal beef. That obviously is how you do what is right for the team......

Broncoman13
08-10-2009, 12:19 PM

Not what he said at all. He never said that kissing his kids at night was better than being a great coach.

He said, that he wasn't going to be the coach to sleep on a cot. Rather, he would go home (last night at midnight) and kiss his wife and kids goodnight. Said that his family was the most important thing to him... but never once did he say or even imply that it would interfere with him being a great coach.

Not trying to say that you were implying that, but I know some people will come on here and say he's too young or not dedicated enough... no offense.

Kaylore
08-10-2009, 12:19 PM
I say again: Hip injuries are serious and most people take a year or more to come back from one. I have little doubt that Marshall is indeed in pain.

Florida_Bronco
08-10-2009, 12:20 PM

Really? Stokely shot off at the mouth about after we cut Leach loose and Scheffler was a little ticked about his good friend being traded, but both have shown up, worked hard and acted like professionals. Marshall has his issues but he's been communicating with the team, which is all McD really wanted from Jay.

cousinal11
08-10-2009, 12:21 PM
^ The way Cutler handled things was as embarassing as it gets. His crap apparently doesn't stink.

Broncoman13
08-10-2009, 12:21 PM
Yes, he didn't specify what can't be tolerated so I covered all issues. Stokley called out his moves like cutler called out him being allowed to have him in trade talks. Sheffler was pissed, talked about not liking mcdaniels and had a period of being hard to reach after it came out he was on the trade block. Marshall covers most all of the issues other than being hard to contact.

Again, they are only not tolerated when mcdaniels has a personal beef. That obviously is how you do what is right for the team......

I think you're either making shiat up or twisting facts... either way, you obviously have a beef with McD yourself.

lex
08-10-2009, 12:22 PM
Really? Stokely shot off at the mouth about after we cut Leach loose and Scheffler was a little ticked about his good friend being traded, but both have shown up, worked hard and acted like professionals. Marshall has his issues but he's been communicating with the team, which is all McD really wanted from Jay.

What lead to Jay being traded goes above McDaniels though.

cousinal11
08-10-2009, 12:23 PM
Not what he said at all. He never said that kissing his kids at night was better than being a great coach.

He said, that he wasn't going to be the coach to sleep on a cot. Rather, he would go home (last night at midnight) and kiss his wife and kids goodnight. Said that his family was the most important thing to him... but never once did he say or even imply that it would interfere with him being a great coach.

Not trying to say that you were implying that, but I know some people will come on here and say he's too young or not dedicated enough... no offense.

My bad if I didn't refer to what he was saying in the right way. My take was he was saying Family First. My hand was pretty tired from scribbling down notes.

Rother8
08-10-2009, 12:23 PM

and notice, stokes has become much more positive after seeing how the team practiced, as well as tony. They're starting to buy into it, if you ask me

cousinal11
08-10-2009, 12:24 PM
and notice, stokes has become much more positive after seeing how the team practiced, as well as tony. They're starting to buy into it, if you ask me

Well said

Broncoman13
08-10-2009, 12:27 PM
My bad if I didn't refer to what he was saying in the right way. My take was he was saying Family First. My hand was pretty tired from scribbling down notes.

No worries, just didn't want someone to think he wasn't committed to being a great coach b/c I think he is very committed!

Broncoman13
08-10-2009, 12:27 PM

Can't tell with Scheff as he doesn't have too big a part in this offense. Stokes you're right about though.

Paladin
08-10-2009, 12:30 PM
I am pretty sure eventually Jay will realize he is the one that made the mistake

On an ESPN "take" this weeked, whe asked directly, Quitler appeared a bit wistful and maybe a bit shell shocked that he is no longer in Denver. His facial reactions and body language intimated that he feels crappy about the whole thing. I beleive he does regret the entire episode and wished everyone -including hinmself - had done things dirfferent.....

Good; let the bustard stew..........

cousinal11
08-10-2009, 12:31 PM
No worries, just didn't want someone to think he wasn't committed to being a great coach b/c I think he is very committed!

I agree, the guy seems like he is on a mission. I feel 10 times better about this season right now than I did in April.

jhns
08-10-2009, 12:32 PM

So then how does it not make sense to not trade cutler, give it a little time so things cool down, and then Cutler could be on the same page? Why are these things tolerated from everyone but Cutler? Cutler said multiple times he was showing up to the april camp. That was before the draft. They couldn't even wait to see if he showed. They acted inexperienced and childish while pushing a situation and making it worse.

No other organization in this league would have traded cutler. This teams FO is a joke. We let a rookie learn on the job and now we have a far worse qb.

Paladin
08-10-2009, 12:33 PM
He seems to think all the other players are allowed to pull this stuff. Stokley, Sheffler, and Marshall have all done some or a lot of the same things as Cutler and it is tolerated. Maybe he forgot his message after his first month?

Link? Otherwise this is BS of the stinky kind wherein you don't know what the h3ll you are talking about......

cousinal11
08-10-2009, 12:35 PM
So then how does it not make sense to not trade cutler, give it a little time so things cool down, and then Cutler could be on the same page? Why are these things tolerated from everyone but Cutler? Cutler said multiple times he was showing up to the april camp. That was before the draft. They couldn't even wait to see if he showed. They acted inexperienced and childish while pushing a situation and making it worse.

No other organization in this league would have traded cutler. This teams FO is a joke. We let a rookie learn on the job and now we have a far worse qb.

Jay, is that you posting anonymously?

Rock Chalk
08-10-2009, 12:37 PM

Hey douchebag, were you not paying attention? Cutler didnt answer phone calls from the OWNER. Bowlen told McDaniels to trade Cutler, period. McD was FULLY willing to wait till camp and things to blow over but the little ****ing baby Cutler didnt return the OWNERS phone calls.

The whole ****ing thing is SOLELY on Cutler.

Los Broncos
Sounded like a great interview, thanks for the post.

That's why I like Rome, his interviews are good.

jhns
I think you're either making shiat up or twisting facts... either way, you obviously have a beef with McD yourself.

What part don't you believe? I will get you quotes and/or articles.

I do have a beef with McD. He gave away my qb and is turning the team I love into a big joke. Just listen to how people talk about them now, it will get far worse as this season plays out. It is easy to see that this trade is going to make this team a punchline for a long time. That won't be because it qwas good for us.

broncswin
08-10-2009, 12:39 PM

LOL...username should be doom-an-gloom LOL. Is this Cutlers dad making this post, because we know it's not Jay...that kid couldn't do anything for himself(especially if it involved a situation where he had to man up!!):strong:

broncswin
08-10-2009, 12:43 PM
What part don't you believe? I will get you quotes and/or articles.

I do have a beef with McD. He gave away my SON and is turning the team I love into a big joke. Just listen to how people talk about them now, it will get far worse as this season plays out. It is easy to see that this trade is going to make this team a punchline for a long time. That won't be because it qwas good for us.

There I fixed it for you Mr. Cutler:wiggle:

dbfan21
08-10-2009, 12:44 PM

+1

You can tell when someone's BS'ing you. For example, Herm Edwards is the king of lip service. He talked a great game and never backed it up. McDaniels sounds like he has put a lot of thought into the direction he wants to take the team and is now making steps to do it.

jhns
08-10-2009, 12:45 PM
Hey douchebag, were you not paying attention? Cutler didnt answer phone calls from the OWNER. Bowlen told McDaniels to trade Cutler, period. McD was FULLY willing to wait till camp and things to blow over but the little ****ing baby Cutler didnt return the OWNERS phone calls.

The whole ****ing thing is SOLELY on Cutler.

Isn't it about time for summer break to be over? You really better hope your parents don't see this. Acting tough on the internet does make you look pretty cool though, I hav e to at least admit that much.

Anyways, you can think it was Bowlen all you want. I have been a fan of this team for a long time and Bowlen would never make that move without the coach wanting it done.

Again, they don't know how to deal with players. They got upset and acted just as immature as Jay. It is all on the team though. Jay can't cut or trade himself, only the team can.

Jay acting immature can make him look bad but it doesn't hurt the team. The front office acting the same way hurts the team a lot and makes us lpose a very good young player. You seem to think a player making himself look bad justifies the team making itself worse. I don't happen to agree.

jhns
08-10-2009, 12:47 PM
There I fixed it for you Mr. Cutler:wiggle:

I wish, then I could cash in on my kids success.

Kaylore
08-10-2009, 12:48 PM
Anyways, you can think it was Bowlen all you want. I have been a fan of this team for a long time and Bowlen would never make that move without the coach wanting it done.

Bowlen has never had a player not call him back after several attempts before.

broncswin
08-10-2009, 12:49 PM
I wish, then I could cash in on my kids success.

Hilarious!

cousinal11
08-10-2009, 12:50 PM

^ Period.

24champ
08-10-2009, 12:50 PM

Let's be honest, Broncos weren't returning Jay/Bus Cook's calls when the whole Cassel rumors broke out.

cousinal11
08-10-2009, 12:56 PM
Let's be honest, Broncos weren't returning Jay/Bus Cook's calls when the whole Cassel rumors broke out.

According to who?

cousinal11
08-10-2009, 12:57 PM
nm

sutoazul
Isn't it about time for summer break to be over? You really better hope your parents don't see this. Acting tough on the internet does make you look pretty cool though, I hav e to at least admit that much.

Again, they don't know how to deal with players. They got upset and acted just as immature as Jay. It is all on the team though. Jay can't cut or trade himself, only the team can.

Jay acting immature can make him look bad but it doesn't hurt the team. The front office acting the same way hurts the team a lot and makes us lpose a very good young player. You seem to think a player making himself look bad justifies the team making itself worse. I don't happen to agree.

Is this guy for real?? The way Jay acted and how he cried to the media did not hurt the team?? Whatever dude!! move on, or go buy a Bears jearsey.

theAPAOps5

Saw you posted in here knew you would be defending your mancrush. Do you have some sort of alert set up to monitor when bad things are said about your man crush? :thumbs::rofl:

jhns

So you think Bowlen does this without the head coach wanting it done? Is that what you are saying? You actually believe Bowlen would get rid of the starting QB without the coach wanting it to happen?

Sorry, I have to laugh some. He has run this team the same since he has been here. He would never make that kind of decision no matter how much he says it is his team in the media. His past makes this very obvious.

broncswin
08-10-2009, 12:59 PM

Never heard that, but Bowlen is the boss(unfortunately they have the power to do that, you are their employee), and it's not like Bowlen and McD ran off and hide in some other state.:thumbs:

jhns
08-10-2009, 01:12 PM
Is this guy for real?? The way Jay acted and how he cried to the media did not hurt the team?? Whatever dude!! move on, or go buy a Bears jearsey.

Now would be the time for one of you to actually tell me how he hurt the team by crying to the media.

Also, it would be great if you tell how,at the same time, Sheffler, Stokley, and Marshall aren't hurting the team when they cry to the media. The whole "they are here" thing is irrelivant as they didn't give cutler a chance to be here and these players weren't here when talking.

broncswin
08-10-2009, 01:19 PM
Now would be the time for one of you to actually tell me how he hurt the team by crying to the media.

Also, it would be great if you tell how,at the same time, Sheffler, Stokley, and Marshall aren't hurting the team when they cry to the media. The whole "they are here" thing is irrelivant as they didn't give cutler a chance to be here and these players weren't here when talking.

Well:

Scheffy, Stokely, and Marshall didn't cut communication ties with the team, or leave the state and hide out. I have to laugh, because Marshall was the only other player who came out and said he wanted to be traded if I'm not mistaken. Scheffy an Stokely weren't in the media spot light everyday talking about how their v-hole was hurt and that they just wanted out of Denver.

Marshall hasn't been shipped out of here, because there would be no compensation for him, he is not worth much as of right now.

broncswin
08-10-2009, 01:21 PM

Are you on the edge here or what, you didn't even have 60 posts and now after years of silence I guess you just can't take it anymore. There have been a million Cutlers threads, why did you choose this one??

jhns
08-10-2009, 01:25 PM
Are you on the edge here or what, you didn't even have 60 posts and now after years of silence I guess you just can't take it anymore. There have been a million Cutlers threads, why did you choose this one??

Look at my post timing while you are at it. I come to this site because it has the best training camp reporting. I am here every year for training camp. I wasn't here this year until now. I can't throw in my two cents until I am here.

I picked this thread because I was complaining about what McD had to say.

jhns
08-10-2009, 01:33 PM
Well:

Scheffy, Stokely, and Marshall didn't cut communication ties with the team, or leave the state and hide out. I have to laugh, because Marshall was the only other player who came out and said he wanted to be traded if I'm not mistaken. Scheffy an Stokely weren't in the media spot light everyday talking about how their v-hole was hurt and that they just wanted out of Denver.

Marshall hasn't been shipped out of here, because there would be no compensation for him, he is not worth much as of right now.

Sheffler and Stokley talked bad about offseason moves made by McDaniels. Sheffler also had trade talk.

Anyways, if this act hurts the team as you guys are claiming, why does it matter if we can't find good compensation? Don't we need to get rid of them before they cause whatever damage you guys think this stuff causes?

JCMElway
08-10-2009, 01:36 PM

God, all you whining nellies are making me sick. Cutler is gone. Get over it. We are Bronco fans. Period. You may not like all of the moves the organization makes, but the whining and crying months after the fact is ridiculous. Move on with the rest of the team or go be a damn Bears fan if you liked Cutler so well. Hell, go be a Ravens fan so you can cheer for Ed Reeeeeeeeeed!

Cutler was a good QB who had a ton of potential, but he still had major flaws that we all discussed before he was elevated to divinity status after the trade. Apart from his positives he made poor decisions (throwing into coverage,) he was immature at times, was not effective in the red zone, and, ultimately, was not a winner. He may iron those problems out, but he may not. Jeff George never did.

Bottom line, Cutler decided he didn't want to be here, and he's gone. This may be a setback for the Broncos, or it may be a blessing that has brought in a QB who may actually not throw many red zone INTs, or brings us a Jevon Sneed or Colt McCoy. So, stop the b****ing and get ready for some football.

kamakazi_kal
08-10-2009, 01:37 PM
Maybe Bowlen knew he was going to have to shell out a huge contract after this year ...... just saying .... If all those financial rumors are true.

Northman
08-10-2009, 01:39 PM

My guess is whatever grievance Marshall, Stokely, or Sheff had ended when they finally came back and talked to him and answered phone calls. Hilarious!

DenverBrit
08-10-2009, 01:43 PM
god, all you whining nellies are making me sick. Cutler is gone. Get over it. We are bronco fans. Period. You may not like all of the moves the organization makes, but the whining and crying months after the fact is ridiculous. Move on with the rest of the team or go be a damn bears fan if you liked cutler so well. Hell, go be a ravens fan so you can cheer for ed reeeeeeeeeed!

Cutler was a good qb who had a ton of potential, but he still had major flaws that we all discussed before he was elevated to divinity status after the trade. Apart from his positives he made poor decisions (throwing into coverage,) he was immature at times, was not effective in the red zone, and, ultimately, was not a winner. He may iron those problems out, but he may not. Jeff george never did.

Bottom line, cutler decided he didn't want to be here, and he's gone. This may be a setback for the broncos, or it may be a blessing that has brought in a qb who may actually not throw many red zone ints, or brings us a jevon sneed or colt mccoy. So, stop the b****ing and get ready for some football.

+1 :thumbsup:

Northman
08-10-2009, 01:46 PM

Bowlen was totally on board with trading Jay. Your out of your mind.

Broncos owner Pat Bowlen released a statement saying both he and McDaniels had been unable to get Cutler to call them back over the last 10 days. Bowlen said he spoke with Cutler’s agent, Bus Cook, on Tuesday and came away convinced “that Jay no longer has any desire to play for the Denver Broncos.” Therefore, Bowlen said, “We will begin discussions with other teams in an effort to accommodate his request to be traded.”

jhns
08-10-2009, 01:50 PM
God, all you whining nellies are making me sick. Cutler is gone. Get over it. We are Bronco fans. Period. You may not like all of the moves the organization makes, but the whining and crying months after the fact is ridiculous. Move on with the rest of the team or go be a damn Bears fan if you liked Cutler so well. Hell, go be a Ravens fan so you can cheer for Ed Reeeeeeeeeed!

Cutler was a good QB who had a ton of potential, but he still had major flaws that we all discussed before he was elevated to divinity status after the trade. Apart from his positives he made poor decisions (throwing into coverage,) he was immature at times, was not effective in the red zone, and, ultimately, was not a winner. He may iron those problems out, but he may not. Jeff George never did.

Bottom line, Cutler decided he didn't want to be here, and he's gone. This may be a setback for the Broncos, or it may be a blessing that has brought in a QB who may actually not throw many red zone INTs, or brings us a Jevon Sneed or Colt McCoy. So, stop the b****ing and get ready for some football.

Sorry I don't just get over someone destroying the team and turning them into the NFLs big joke. I also don't just switch teams. That is for the "fans" like you that don't care about what happens to the team.

I also don't really like cutler. I could care less how he does from here on. I do care about this team being run by someone just as immature as cutler. Immature players don't hurt teams. Immature front offices do. You will all figure this out soon enough.

Also, it isn't like you guys are over this. You will all be crying just as much as me by the time this season is over. I am just not being delusional before the season, like much of the bronco fanbase right now, for once this year.

baja
08-10-2009, 01:50 PM

And when you toss in 2 firsts, Orton (KO as I call him) and a 3rd it's a no brainer IMO

JCMElway
08-10-2009, 01:53 PM
Another good point was made here that we got good compensation for Cutler. We picked up Ayers, Smith, and a probable mid rounder in the first round next year. If we end up with a good DL prospect or Snead/McCoy the deal is a win for us. Two really nice building blocks on D and a possible QBOTF for Cutler. Not bad for a petulant whining unprofessional Brett Favre wannabe.

jhns
08-10-2009, 01:54 PM
Bowlen was totally on board with trading Jay. Your out of your mind.

Of course he was on board or it wouldn't have happened. I never said he wasn't on board with it.....

misturanderson
08-10-2009, 01:55 PM
Sorry I don't just get over someone destroying the team and turning them into the NFLs big joke. I also don't just switch teams. That is for the "fans" like you that don't care about what happens to the team.

I also don't really like cutler. I could care less how he does from here on. I do care about this team being run by someone just as immature as cutler. Immature players don't hurt teams. Immature front offices do. You will all figure this out soon enough.

Also, it isn't like you guys are over this. You will all be crying just as much as me by the time this season is over. I am just not being delusional before the season, like much of the bronco fanbase right now, for once this year.

Why do you care so much how other people see the team? You think they'll give a crap once the season starts? Hell nobody outside of broncos fans still care about this story.

And as far as the Broncos being "the NFL's big joke," have you not seen any of the recent news about the chiefs or raiders?

jhns
08-10-2009, 01:56 PM
Another good point was made here that we got good compensation for Cutler. We picked up Ayers, Smith, and a probable mid rounder in the first round next year. If we end up with a good DL prospect or Snead/McCoy the deal is a win for us. Two really nice building blocks on D and a possible QBOTF for Cutler. Not bad for a petulant whining unprofessional Brett Favre wannabe.

You have the compensation mixed up. Smith has nothing to do with it and is a completely different screwup.

jhns
08-10-2009, 02:01 PM
Why do you care so much how other people see the team? You think they'll give a crap once the season starts? Hell nobody outside of broncos fans still care about this story.

And as far as the Broncos being "the NFL's big joke," have you not seen any of the recent news about the chiefs or raiders?

I don't know about the chiefs but the raiders are a great example of a joke team being run by someone that has no clue about what he is doing.

Also, I mean the trade will be a punchline for jokes. Just wait and see. Easily one of the top 5 worst trades in history. The fact that we gave away a young QB is what will get us laughed at though. Nobody trades a talented young QB.

I don't care what others think. You don't become a joke by doing things correctly though. The fact that we will be a joke will just be a reminder of how much we screwed up which is something I do care about.

theAPAOps5
08-10-2009, 02:02 PM
I don't know about the chiefs but the raiders are a great example of a joke team being run by someone that has no clue about what he is doing.

Also, I mean the trade will be a punchline for jokes. Just wait and see. Easily one of the top 5 worst trades in history. The fact that we gave away a young QB is what will get us laughed at though. Nobody trades a talented young QB.

:spit:

_Oro_
08-10-2009, 02:05 PM
http://images.epilogue.net/users/yrindale/troll.jpg

24champ
08-10-2009, 02:08 PM
Never heard that, but Bowlen is the boss(unfortunately they have the power to do that, you are their employee), and it's not like Bowlen and McD ran off and hide in some other state.:thumbs:

Cutler was in Dove Valley watching tape with McDaniels in February and learning the new playbook, during his off time. When things turned into business after rumors were flying, he made sure all things go through Bus Cook. The Broncos could have communicated right after the rumors were flying on NFL network about Cassel and Cutler, instead they choose to ignore Cook.

So that made everything strictly business, and so all calls go through Bus Cook. That's the hand the Broncos gave Jay/Cook. Did Jay act immature, he sure did. But the fact remains the FO botched it, Bowlen got pissed, and the end result is Jay playing somewhere else.

JCMElway
08-10-2009, 02:08 PM
jh, I'm sorry I do not share your doom and gloom attitude. Oh wait, no I'm not sorry at all. This Broncos team, in the long run, will be better for the decisions that were made in this offseason. Shanny's routines had grown soft and stale and we needed to move on. McD is making stretching, tackling, and toughness a higher priority than the previous regime. That, ultimately, will make us better.

Now, Denver may have a bit of a regression due to the fact that it is a regime change. New playbook, new players, new systems, et al. It will all take a while to gel. It may cost a few games, esp in the beginning in the season. However once things start to click, we will be fine.

The only reason the Broncos may be seen as a weaker team this year is because of the unknowns, and the perception that the way the Cutler situation was dealt with was McD's fault. I don't believe this to be true. The only fault McD can take is letting info about the trade talks leak. It's pro football, it happens. GMs and coaches talk about players. It's Jay's ride the rest of the way. From what I'm hearing in the TC reports, McD is running a tight ship and will be a good coach in Denver for many years to come.

Now, if Denver is 3 games below .500 halfway through the season, feel free to gloat. But, to determine the season is a loss before one down has been played is shortsighted, foolish, and very pessimistic. If you are a Bronco fan, have a little faith, look at the positives (and there are lots of positives) and enjoy beating up on Cincy the first week of the season.

Oh, BTW, I don't know who you're accusing of not caring what happens to the team, but that's not me. Not many take losses harder than I do. After last December I was ready to see a diferent direction. Don't confuse optimism with not caring. Couldn't be farther from the truth.

JCMElway
08-10-2009, 02:10 PM

Or the Bengals, 49ers, Browns, Lions, Bucs, Rams, and Jags, for that matter.

24champ
08-10-2009, 02:10 PM
Saw you posted in here knew you would be defending your mancrush. Do you have some sort of alert set up to monitor when bad things are said about your man crush? :thumbs::rofl:

You must have an alert monitor whenever I post...you follow me around like a rabid dog. Sheesh! Ha!

JCMElway
08-10-2009, 02:12 PM
You have the compensation mixed up. Smith has nothing to do with it and is a completely different screwup.

No, I don't. If we don't have Chicago's 1st rounder next year we don't make that trade. Getting Alphonso is a direct result of trading Jay. And why is it a screwup if he plays with first round talent? (which, by all accounts, he is.)

theAPAOps5
08-10-2009, 02:12 PM
You must have an alert monitor whenever I post...you follow me around like a rabid dog. Sheesh! Ha!

Nah just paying attention to this thread because this JHS guy is providing great entertainment. Saw you post plus Cutler was discussed you will come calling.

lostknight
08-10-2009, 02:14 PM

We already know why. Arrogance. The only question remaining, is McDaniels good enough to warrant the arrogance.

24champ
08-10-2009, 02:15 PM
Nah just paying attention to this thread because this JHS guy is providing great entertainment. Saw you post plus Cutler was discussed you will come calling.

I try to stay away from it, but a lot of people are doing some serious history revision already. Both sides were to blame, at the end of the day the Broncos traded him...we'll see if that works out for us or not.

theAPAOps5
08-10-2009, 02:16 PM
I try to stay away from it, but a lot of people are doing some serious history revision already. Both sides were to blame, at the end of the day the Broncos traded him...we'll see if that works out for us or not.

cosign

lostknight
08-10-2009, 02:18 PM

You guys are in deep deep denial. Cutler has been turning into a national star, not just a Denver star with huge media exposure in the windy city. They treat him as if he walks on water. They are rejiggering the team for him. He is wanted and appreciated.

You honestly think that Jay hasn't made out like a bandit thanks to the horrific mismanagement from the Broncos FO?

jhns
08-10-2009, 02:21 PM
jh, I'm sorry I do not share your doom and gloom attitude. Oh wait, no I'm not sorry at all. This Broncos team, in the long run, will be better for the decisions that were made in this offseason. Shanny's routines had grown soft and stale and we needed to move on. McD is making stretching, tackling, and toughness a higher priority than the previous regime. That, ultimately, will make us better.

Now, Denver may have a bit of a regression due to the fact that it is a regime change. New playbook, new players, new systems, et al. It will all take a while to gel. It may cost a few games, esp in the beginning in the season. However once things start to click, we will be fine.

The only reason the Broncos may be seen as a weaker team this year is because of the unknowns, and the perception that the way the Cutler situation was dealt with was McD's fault. I don't believe this to be true. The only fault McD can take is letting info about the trade talks leak. It's pro football, it happens. GMs and coaches talk about players. It's Jay's ride the rest of the way. From what I'm hearing in the TC reports, McD is running a tight ship and will be a good coach in Denver for many years to come.

Now, if Denver is 3 games below .500 through halfway through the season, feel free to gloat. But, to determine the season is a loss before one down has been played is shortsighted, foolish, and very pessimistic. If you are a Bronco fan, have a little faith, look at the positives (and there are lots of positives) and enjoy beating up on Cincy the first week of the season.

Oh, BTW, I don't know who you're accusing of not caring what happens to the team, but that's not me. Not many take losses harder than I do. After last December I was ready to see a diferent direction. Don't confuse optimism with not caring. Couldn't be farther from the truth.

You think I want to gloat if we win 3 games? Why would anyone do that?

I am not here saying we needed to keep Shanahan. For some reason thoygh, this country is on this kick that change fixes stuff. That is laughable. You still have to make the right changes. Change for the sake of change will only make things worse.

Do you really believe the team is going to still buy McDs crap when they see Cutler doing good things in Chicago and they are stuck with 0rton?

Also, I do like McDaniels the coach. I think he knows how to coach and he has a bright future. I can also confidently say that he has no clue how to deal with players or be a GM. He will be successful on some other team that only allows him to be the head coach. If we had an actual experienced GM here, none of thid would have happened. It only makes sense that no other person in the NFL would even consider listening to a trade that would be for a far worse player making a ton more money (Cassell). No other team in the NFL would have traded Cutler no matter how immature he acted. That again is showing that they have no clue how to deal with players.

jhns
08-10-2009, 02:28 PM
No, I don't. If we don't have Chicago's 1st rounder next year we don't make that trade. Getting Alphonso is a direct result of trading Jay. And why is it a screwup if he plays with first round talent? (which, by all accounts, he is.)

It is a bad trade because we didn't get even close to equal compensation for that pick. We would have his first round talent plus much more if this team diudnt let the seahawks stick it in us rather rough.

Smith was not part of the compensation for that trade. You can't just start saying everything goes into the trade. Chicago got Pace and a bunch of other guys after getting Cutler and nobody considers them to be part of the trade. We got extra recievers as well and moreno because of that trade and you didn't count them. Smith wasn't part of it.

JCMElway
08-10-2009, 02:28 PM
I don't know JH. True, the Cutler thing was botched. However, it looks like the other player acquisitions are good ones. We'll see when they hit the field. And I hope you will be pleasantly surprised by the Broncs this season. I predict between 7 and 9 wins, and building towards a strong playoff run in '10.

Northman
08-10-2009, 02:29 PM
You guys are in deep deep denial. Cutler has been turning into a national star, not just a Denver star with huge media exposure in the windy city. They treat him as if he walks on water. They are rejiggering the team for him. He is wanted and appreciated.

You honestly think that Jay hasn't made out like a bandit thanks to the horrific mismanagement from the Broncos FO?

No. His credibility and character has taken a major hit. Denver and its fans treated Jay pretty good until the tantrum's started. It will only be a matter of time before it happens again.

Rabb
08-10-2009, 02:34 PM

Cutler has been a "national star" since the Hochuli game, and then after the season when his vagina wouldn't stop aching...that doesn't mean crap

if going to a team with a defense that is a far cry from the last super bowl team's defense and no WR to throw to that is a legitimate #1, in a division where whey are possibly only better than the Lions top to bottom means he made out like a bandit, then sure

my point, which you obviously missed while you were gushing over Jay Jay, is that in the end McDaniels will prove to be a QB's DREAM coach to play for and eventually when the team here comes together Jay will see that

I can't guarantee a thing obviously because it is not possible, my money says this will end up to be a "grass was greener" mistake on Cutler's part

have fun being miserable rooting for your team here though moron

baja
08-10-2009, 02:46 PM

Let's see how he is regarded by season's end.

My bet is not so much.

TheReverend
08-10-2009, 02:48 PM
Hasn't this argument been hashed out enough PRE-SEPTEMBER?

We won't get any new developments barring injury until regular season action strolls along...

TheElusiveKyleOrton
08-10-2009, 03:22 PM
Sweet jesus, JH. Shut the hell up. You love Jay's baby batter and want it in your mouth. We get it. We just don't want to hear about how great you think he is, and how everything is doomed now that he's gone.

SOME OF US believe that a football team is made up of more than just one guy.

underrated29
08-10-2009, 03:28 PM
Cutler has been a "national star" since the Hochuli game, and then after the season when his vagina wouldn't stop aching...that doesn't mean crap

if going to a team with a defense that is a far cry from the last super bowl team's defense and no WR to throw to that is a legitimate #1, in a division where whey are possibly only better than the Lions top to bottom means he made out like a bandit, then sure

my point, which you obviously missed while you were gushing over Jay Jay, is that in the end McDaniels will prove to be a QB's DREAM coach to play for and eventually when the team here comes together Jay will see that

I can't guarantee a thing obviously because it is not possible, my money says this will end up to be a "grass was greener" mistake on Cutler's part

have fun being miserable rooting for your team here though moron

Dude- the bears are going to be a lot better than the lions. Not sure if you were serious on that comment or not, but expect to see them in the playoffs and have a few weeks in the playoffs. They should have a really good year this year.

lostknight
08-10-2009, 03:41 PM
Book marking this so I can come back and laugh at people who think that Cutler isn't exactly where he wants to be.

Northman
08-10-2009, 03:42 PM
Book marking this so I can come back and laugh at people who think that Cutler isn't exactly where he wants to be.

Sweet.

24champ
08-10-2009, 03:45 PM

I have a feeling a lot of people have bookmarked threads this offseason...on both sides. At some point in the season, we will be seeing a lot of threads bumped and could happen after the first game.

Everyone knows the Mane has epic meltdowns after the loss in the first game of the season. Anyone remember the 2005 opener @ Miami? :rofl:

Rock Chalk
08-10-2009, 04:14 PM
I have a feeling a lot of people have bookmarked threads this offseason...on both sides. At some point in the season, we will be seeing a lot of threads bumped and could happen after the first game.

Everyone knows the Mane has epic meltdowns after the loss in the first game of the season. Anyone remember the 2005 opener @ Miami? :rofl:

Ahh good times.

Cito Pelon
08-10-2009, 04:17 PM

Not me. I figure you're the laughing stock.

Cito Pelon
08-10-2009, 04:26 PM
I say again: Hip injuries are serious and most people take a year or more to come back from one. I have little doubt that Marshall is indeed in pain.

Yah, they're a bitch. Gonna nag him his entire life.

Popps
08-10-2009, 04:33 PM
I love this forum.

First, we were "set back 10 years" because we lost douchey.

Now it's FIFTY years? FIFTY years!!!

LOL

A lot of us will be dead, and we'll STILL be suffering from the Jay Cutler trade.

Hilarious!

I swear, you can't make this **** up.

tsiguy96
08-10-2009, 04:36 PM
I love this forum.

First, we were "set back 10 years" because we lost douchey.

Now it's FIFTY years? FIFTY years!!!

LOL

A lot of us will be dead, and we'll STILL be suffering from the Jay Cutler trade.

Hilarious!

I swear, you can't make this **** up.

it was because of that post i didnt even bother responding to this entire thread. how ridiculous. FIFTY years because a whiny QB who wanted out of town was traded.

Cito Pelon
08-10-2009, 04:43 PM
Can't tell with Scheff as he doesn't have too big a part in this offense. Stokes you're right about though.

Scheff is an enigma to me at this point. He's skillful, but he's very soft. A guy his size should be kicking ass in the NFL.

Cito Pelon
08-10-2009, 04:46 PM
On an ESPN "take" this weeked, whe asked directly, Quitler appeared a bit wistful and maybe a bit shell shocked that he is no longer in Denver. His facial reactions and body language intimated that he feels crappy about the whole thing. I beleive he does regret the entire episode and wished everyone -including hinmself - had done things dirfferent.....

Good; let the bustard stew..........

Dude is realizing he'll have to play in Denver on August 30th.

Cito Pelon
08-10-2009, 05:02 PM

This FO in Denver knew more about Cutler than any other FO in the NFL.

Rabb
08-10-2009, 05:08 PM
Dude- the bears are going to be a lot better than the lions. Not sure if you were serious on that comment or not, but expect to see them in the playoffs and have a few weeks in the playoffs. They should have a really good year this year.

I am 100% serious and I never said they would be worse than the Lions. I am saying that if anyone thinks that Minnesota and Green Bay are just going to concede the division they are mistaken. Minnesota might have the toughest defense in the league and arguably the most dangerous RB. If they get any semblance of a passing game watch out. Green Bay is right there also, solid D and potentially dangerous O. Chicago could win the division sure, but Jay doesn't make them the best team in the division. I am not even sure he is the best QB in the division, Rodgers is pretty damn good.

Rabb
08-10-2009, 05:11 PM

I don't think anyone is saying he isn't where he wants to be, I am personally saying I think in the end that he will realize he made an error but obviously we can never prove it

If the Bears go on to major success, I will be the first to admit I am wrong

Northman
08-10-2009, 05:12 PM
I am 100% serious and I never said they would be worse than the Lions. I am saying that if anyone thinks that Minnesota and Green Bay are just going to concede the division they are mistaken. Minnesota might have the toughest defense in the league and arguably the most dangerous RB. If they get any semblance of a passing game watch out. Green Bay is right there also, solid D and potentially dangerous O. Chicago could win the division sure, but Jay doesn't make them the best team in the division. I am not even sure he is the best QB in the division, Rodgers is pretty damn good.

Agreed. Not too mention that the Lions are still a division rival no matter how bad they are (think Denver at KC last year) so they can still be a thorn in the side. In the second meeting last year Detroit game them a good game at Soldier Field.

OCBronco
08-10-2009, 05:12 PM
Wow. I read this thread earlier today and came back wondering if people were going to actually discuss anything from the substance of the interview. Too bad. Another perfectly good topic that devolves into a silly flame war.

Pseudofool
08-10-2009, 05:15 PM
Sorry, I have to laugh some. .Just quit it. You're embarrassing yourself all over this thread. It's one thing to speak in cliches and ill-formed sentences, it's completely another to make outlandish claims without one iota of evidence and to mock regular posters on a board you barely post on. I'm fine with you being a moron, I'm not cool with you being classless. There's plenty of people who agree with your take on Cutler, but they're not so apish as to make one unsubstantiated claim after another, and then to insinuate the opposing side is stupid for not agreeing. Either step up your game, or go away.

fdf
08-10-2009, 05:26 PM
Anyone remember the 2005 opener @ Miami? :rofl:

I had my meltdown at the game. :)

jhns
08-10-2009, 05:29 PM
You guys are pretty funny. You all get your panties twisted the second Cutler is mentioned. You then try saying you don't care? HA, yeah right, that is why you all can't stop replying to this stuff and continually crying. At least the "reputations" crap is funny to read from both sides of the issue.

I'm not one that would even care to bring this back up since I probably won't be here after this week until next training camp. It is pretty funny how off a lot of you are though and I really hope others do bring this stuff back up to show you exactly how funny you are.

fdf
08-10-2009, 05:30 PM
^ The way Cutler handled things was as embarassing as it gets. His crap apparently doesn't stink.

This is, of course, literally true. He, y'know, announced, y'know it on y'know national y'know TV :)

jhns
08-10-2009, 05:34 PM
Just quit it. You're embarrassing yourself all over this thread. It's one thing to speak in cliches and ill-formed sentences, it's completely another to make outlandish claims without one iota of evidence and to mock regular posters on a board you barely post on. I'm fine with you being a moron, I'm not cool with you being classless. There's plenty of people who agree with your take on Cutler, but they're not so apish as to make one unsubstantiated claim after another, and then to insinuate the opposing side is stupid for not agreeing. Either step up your game, or go away.

You will have to do better than that. What do you want me to support with evidence? If it is the Bowlen thing, I have his entire career as evidence. Name me the last time he made a decision behind a coaches back, unless that decision was to fire the coach...... What else do you want? Are you or anyone else going to provide evidence to the contrary? When did I say your side of the issue was stupid? This all goes both ways, you do realize that right?

You are really mixed up kid.

DenverBrit
08-10-2009, 05:39 PM
You guys are pretty funny. You all get your panties twisted the second Cutler is mentioned. You then try saying you don't care? HA, yeah right, that is why you all can't stop replying to this stuff and continually crying. At least the "reputations" crap is funny to read from both sides of the issue.

I'm not one that would even care to bring this back up since I probably won't be here after this week until next training camp. It is pretty funny how off a lot of you are though and I really hope others do bring this stuff back up to show you exactly how funny you are.

And if Orton has success with the Broncos, will you be back to curtsy and admit you're just another Drama Queen??

jhns
08-10-2009, 05:44 PM
And if Orton has success with the Broncos, will you be back to curtsy and admit you're just another Drama Queen??

Nah, I think the same way that everyone outside of some homer Bronco fans think. It isn't being a Drama Queen when it is true. Cutler > anything we have at the most important position in football. Good luck with Orton doing well, it makes me laugh every time I hear it. You do know he has been in the NFL for 4 years right? You do know he couldn't beat out some pretty crappy QB's right? HA, "if Orton has success".....

I'll tell you what, PM me when he does and I will be sure to make a thread about how dumb I am when I come to read next years training camp reports. Otherwise I will never remember.

Pseudofool
08-10-2009, 05:45 PM
You will have to do better than that. What do you want me to support with evidence? If it is the Bowlen thing, I have his entire career as evidence. Name me the last time he made a decision behind a coaches back, unless that decision was to fire the coach...... What else do you want? Are you or anyone else going to provide evidence to the contrary? When did I say your side of the issue was stupid? This all goes both ways, you do realize that right?

You are really mixed up kid.You implied (the word I used, not said) stupidity when you 'laugh' at someone or call people 'funny.' Calling someone a 'mixed up kid' is another euphemism. But whatever.

You've claimed that Bowlen needed to check with McD before trading Cutler, you've claimed Sheff, Stokely (and others, I believe) have called the team out in the same manner that Cutler did.

You should watch the Outside the Lines report on this issue to gain clarity on Bowlen's position as he's interviewed there. http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=4369078

Pseudofool
08-10-2009, 05:46 PM
Nah, I think the same way that everyone outside of some homer Bronco fans think. So you know all of them? Wow, I can only imagine how many facebook friend you have...

24champ
08-10-2009, 05:48 PM
I had my meltdown at the game. :)

Pretty sure everyone melted down...I know I was pissed. Bronco fans were booing right up to the second half against the Chargers in the 05' season.

underrated29
08-10-2009, 05:51 PM

Nope he doesnt, and i never said he did either. This is the division i am most excited to watch this year. Like you said its gonna be a roller coaster all year long as the top 3 teams are really equal in terms of talent or favorable schedule.

Ap and the d, Rodgers and the O, Jay and forte with an easy schedule puts them all neck and neck in my eyes. I dont think there is anyway we can pick the winner and its possible all 3 make the playoffs.

But then again there is also the giants,cowgirls, and birds and steel in the way. So much can change here and now i am rambling, but i agree- great battles ahead.

jhns
08-10-2009, 05:51 PM
You implied (the word I used, not said) stupidity when you 'laugh' at someone or call people 'funny.' Calling someone a 'mixed up kid' is another euphemism. But whatever.

You've claimed that Bowlen needed to check with McD before trading Cutler, you've claimed Sheff, Stokely (and others, I believe) have called the team out in the same manner that Cutler did.

You should watch the Outside the Lines report on this issue to gain clarity on Bowlen's position as he's interviewed there. http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=4369078

I didn't say he needed to check with McDaniels, I said he did check with McDaniels. He is that type of owner. He isn't the owner that trades the starting QB unless the head coach wants it to happen as well. What exactly have you seen in his long time here that would indicate otherwise? No one can answer this but you can call me dumb? That is pretty funny if you ask me.

You need me to dig up the articles about Stokley, Marshall, and Sheffler? Did you not follow this offseason? Are you saying they didn't happen?

Rabb
08-10-2009, 05:53 PM
Nope he doesnt, and i never said he did either. This is the division i am most excited to watch this year. Like you said its gonna be a roller coaster all year long as the top 3 teams are really equal in terms of talent or favorable schedule.

Ap and the d, Rodgers and the O, Jay and forte with an easy schedule puts them all neck and neck in my eyes. I dont think there is anyway we can pick the winner and its possible all 3 make the playoffs.

But then again there is also the giants,cowgirls, and birds and steel in the way. So much can change here and now i am rambling, but i agree- great battles ahead.

well put man, that was what I was trying to say

jhns
08-10-2009, 05:53 PM
So you know all of them? Wow, I can only imagine how many facebook friend you have...

I don't have a facebook or myspace accounts. I know everyone else in the world for real.

DenverBrit
08-10-2009, 05:54 PM
Nah, I think the same way that everyone outside of some homer Bronco fans think. It isn't being a Drama Queen when it is true. Cutler > anything we have at the most important position in football. Good luck with Orton doing well, it makes me laugh every time I hear it. You do know he has been in the NFL for 4 years right? You do know he couldn't beat out some pretty crappy QB's right? HA, "if Orton has success".....

I'll tell you what, PM me when he does and I will be sure to make a thread about how dumb I am when I come to read next years training camp reports. Otherwise I will never remember.

No need, you'll know, you're a Broncos fan, right??

jhns
08-10-2009, 05:57 PM
No need, you'll know, you're a Broncos fan, right??

I was saying I won't remember that I told you I would make a thread by then. I was saying PM to make that thread if you can remember. I'm not going out of my way to remember to tell you all that I am dumb.

Pseudofool
08-10-2009, 05:59 PM
I didn't say he needed to check with McDaniels, I said he did check with McDaniels. He is that type of owner. He isn't the owner that trades the starting QB unless the head coach wants it to happen as well. What exactly have you seen in his long time here that would indicate otherwise? No one can answer this but you can call me dumb? That is pretty funny if you ask me.

You need me to dig up the articles about Stokley, Marshall, and Sheffler? Did you not follow this offseason? Are you saying they didn't happen?
Did you watch the clip I linked to? Bowlen clearly indicates that it was his decision alone to trade Cutler at that time. Bowlen's firing of Shanahan should be enough evidence that things have changed, and his patience is thinner than it was. But watch the clip, it's about ten minutes long; you'll be better educated on the whole affair even if you don't agree with all that is being said.

Yes I want you to dig up those articles so we can place their statements in context; you are implying that these players acted similarly in type and degree to Cutler, and therefor deserve similar treatment if that's the Broncos MO.

When you abstractly refer to evidence without being specific, it's easy to take it out of context. Which you are doing.

Look, I don't care what you think, and you're convincing no one with your vague arguments--what bothers me is asking people to eat crow before we know what's what, and casually calling everyone funny who doesn't agree with you. It's lame, man.

Pseudofool
08-10-2009, 06:00 PM
I don't have a facebook or myspace accounts. I know everyone else in the world for real.
It was a joke.

DenverBrit
08-10-2009, 06:02 PM
I was saying I won't remember that I told you I would make a thread by then. I was saying PM to make that thread if you can remember. I'm not going out of my way to remember to tell you all that I am dumb.

You've made a valiant attempt at it so far, why not go all the way?? ;D

jhns
08-10-2009, 06:04 PM
Did you watch the clip I linked to? Bowlen clearly indicates that it was his decision alone to trade Cutler at that time. Bowlen's firing of Shanahan should be enough evidence that things have changed, and his patience is thinner than it was. But watch the clip, it's about ten minutes long; you'll be better educated on the whole affair even if you don't agree with all that is being said.

Yes I want you to dig up those articles so we can place their statements in context; you are implying that these players acted similarly in type and degree to Cutler, and therefor deserve similar treatment if that's the Broncos MO.

When you abstractly refer to evidence without being specific, it's easy to take it out of context. Which you are doing.

Look, I don't care what you think, and you're convincing no one with your vague arguments--what bothers me is asking people to eat crow before we know what's what, and casually calling everyone funny who doesn't agree with you. It's lame, man.

I have repeatedly said I would never ask someone to eat crow. ?...

I have also had a post that I explained why I used those 3 and what part of their situations I am refering to. That was early in the thread and was probably skipped by you, but it is there. I am not just throwing them out there for no reason though.

I believe it could be Bowlens decision. I will never believe he made that decision without the head coach wanting it to happen. That is not how this team has ever been run and there is nothing that makes me think it has changed. Bowlen has fired coaches before. Shanahan wasn't his only coach. Like I said, look at his entire career here. Unless he is firing the coach, the coach has been a big part of every decision. Our owner likes it that way and it is a big reason this is one of the best coaching jobs in the NFL.

It is also pretty easy to see that Bowlen would say it was all him just to take the heat off his head coach. I wouldn't expect him to say anything else unless he was positioning to fire him. Cutler would still be here if that was the case anyways.

Edit: I will also look up the articles, it may take a minute though. Those are kind of old in a LONG offseason.

Pseudofool
08-10-2009, 06:11 PM
I have repeatedly said I would never ask someone to eat crow. ?... You said this not but ten post ago: "I really hope others do bring this stuff back up to show you exactly how funny you are."

I have also had a post that I explained why I used those 3 and what part of their situations I am refering to. That was early in the thread and was probably skipped by you, but it is there. I am not just throwing them out there for no reason though.The point is that Sheff's, Stokely's, and Marshall's early misgivings were not even at all similar to Cutler's refusal to call the owner back. They didn't cross any line to the point where they needed to be traded--which was your odd point.

I believe it could be Bowlens decision. I will never believe he made that decision without the head coach wanting it to happen. That is not how this team has ever been run and there is nothing that makes me think it has changed. Bowlen has fired coaches before. Shanahan wasn't his only coach. Like I said, look at his entire career here. Unless he is firing the coach, the coach has been a big part of every decision. Our owner likes it that way and it is a big reason this is one of the best coaching jobs in the NFL.Forget firing the coach. I'm not sure what your point is as McD already considered trading Cutler for Cassell. But to believe that McD woudl rather have Orton over Cutler is asinine.

Edit: I will also look up the articles, it may take a minute though. Those are kind of old in a LONG offseason.Don't worry about it. But don't get your panties all in a bunch when people disagree with your take on the offseason when you aren't being specific. Again, the quotes from Stokley and Sheffler are pretty mild compared to the act of ignoring the owner.

skunk
08-10-2009, 06:17 PM
I'm not going out of my way to remember to tell you all that I am dumb.

its ok, we get it. LOL

jhns
08-10-2009, 06:25 PM
You said this not but ten post ago: "I really hope others do bring this stuff back up to show you exactly how funny you are."

After the 20th person said something about someone eating crow. I didn't even say I was going to. Are you kidding? I am the one that is bad for saying that?

The point is that Sheff's, Stokely's, and Marshall's early misgivings were not even at all similar to Cutler's refusal to call the owner back. They didn't cross any line to the point where they needed to be traded--which was your odd point.
Forget firing the coach. I'm not sure what your point is as McD already considered trading Cutler for Cassell. But to believe that McD woudl rather have Orton over Cutler is asinine.

Don't worry about it. But don't get your panties all in a bunch when people disagree with your take on the offseason when you aren't being specific. Again, the quotes from Stokley and Sheffler are pretty mild compared to the act of ignoring the owner.

How did Marshall not do as much? Because Cutler didn't answer some calls right after he had a couple meetings that only pissed him off more? I get that he was acting like a baby. Are you serious though? It was not worth trading him. He had even said he was still showing to camp in April. The smart thing would be to let him pout for a couple weeks and see if he shows to camp. If he doesn't, trade him to the team that bid the most after all that extra time. Even then, I think it is dumb to trade him. He was ours for a few more years, he isn't stopping his career now.

Him acting like a kid made him look bad. Our front office acting like they have no clue what they are doing cost us a very good young player. I don't mind you not agreeing with that. If that makes you feel better.

theAPAOps5
08-10-2009, 06:54 PM
I would like to thank the original poster for this thread. It is full of awesome with this drama jhns guy! This has been a real treat reading this!

cousinal11
08-10-2009, 08:29 PM
I would like to thank the original poster for this thread. It is full of awesome with this drama jhns guy! This has been a real treat reading this!

You're welcome, anything I can do for Broncos fans. :welcome:

DenverBrit
10-29-2009, 11:55 AM
Bump!

It's that time. Start the new thread!! ;D

Originally Posted by DenverBrit

Peoples Champ
10-29-2009, 12:09 PM
Bump!

It's that time. Start the new thread!! ;D

I love these, Denver brit wins,

jhns start a thread how dumb you are

Paladin
10-29-2009, 12:12 PM
Did you PM him?

BroncoDoug
10-29-2009, 12:13 PM
he'll never do it, he'll just justify how Orton isn't having success and will flame out sometime this year to justify everything he's ever said..

DenverBrit
10-29-2009, 12:17 PM
Did you PM him?

Oh, yes. ;D

DenverBrit
10-29-2009, 01:49 PM
Sorry I don't just get over someone destroying the team and turning them into the NFLs big joke.

It's fresh, enjoy!! :spit:

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=25193&stc=1&d=1255375575