PDA

View Full Version : Madden 10: Broncos footage

montrose
08-10-2009, 02:03 AM
Against the Seahawks, broken down into a different clip for each player. On the Broncos 1st offensive play, you can see the new tackle-breaking feature as Marshall fights through guys for the TD - can't wait to see it on the game and in real life!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-MXax25trI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bCJNK9iAnM&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRaTswAZ5xw&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coUAzN-uM8Q&feature=related

Doggcow
08-10-2009, 02:40 AM
Lol, looks like Orton doing fine in it

Doggcow
08-10-2009, 02:41 AM
Our D looks like it's solid too. Oh btw, this is the reason NOT TO BUY A PLASMA TV. Lol this kids **** is so reflective and ****ty.

Doggcow
08-10-2009, 02:45 AM
Moreno knocks tatupu the **** out at like minute 5

broncofan7
08-10-2009, 05:26 AM
How do some people already have the game in hand? Do I need to buy off some kid @ Gamestop?

Broncoman13
08-10-2009, 05:39 AM
Our D looks like it's solid too. Oh btw, this is the reason NOT TO BUY A PLASMA TV. Lol this kids **** is so reflective and ****ty.

He doesn't have a plasma tv??? I've got a Plasma TV and three LCDs. Still like the Plasma's picture the best... but the LCDs longevity is much better.

Wasn't planning on buying the game this year, but damn... it looks sweet. Changing my mind one youtube video at a time. Didn't like that Hillis looked about the same size as Stokley. What's up with that?

Broncoman13
08-10-2009, 05:40 AM
Moreno knocks tatupu the **** out at like minute 5

Which video genius?

Pseudofool
08-10-2009, 06:54 AM
How do some people already have the game in hand? Do I need to buy off some kid @ Gamestop?

It's already been torrented (i.e. pirated) and people mod their xbox so it works with ripped games.

s0phr0syne
08-10-2009, 07:30 AM
maybe this has already been covered in one of the other madden threads, and if so I'm sorry, but wtf,

Is Boss Bailey still in our team in the game?

broncofan7
08-10-2009, 07:44 AM
It's already been torrented (i.e. pirated) and people mod their xbox so it works with ripped games.

Kids these days ......

Rabb
08-10-2009, 08:12 AM

yes because when making a TV purchasing decision I always make sure to consider how it would look if I used a video camera to record a game in order to post it on YouTube

:thumbs:

I have had the same Plasma for about 4 years now and it still has no glare

Rabb
08-10-2009, 08:14 AM

here is one way...

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=82788

skpac1001
08-10-2009, 08:21 AM
Which video genius?

I am no genius, but I am guessing around the 5:25 mark of the first video.

listopencil
08-10-2009, 08:30 AM
Stokely and Champ on kick coverage?

Broncos4tw
08-10-2009, 08:43 AM

My plasma is excellent. No reflection, amazing picture, and it collects absolutely no dust, a nice bonus. Got it in the offseason.. going to love watching the season on this 50" baby O mine. Loving it.

scorpio
08-10-2009, 09:49 AM

I have a modded xbox but I don't want to get banned for getting achievements early or whatever else they ban you for, and I'm too lazy to jump through all the hoops to prevent it. Probably just show up at Blockbuster at 10:00 AM and copy it.

DarkHorse
08-10-2009, 10:16 AM
Can't wait to pick it up on the PC

Oh wait......they still aren't making it so i'm still boycotting Electronic Arts.

Consoles are for kiddies

Pseudofool
08-10-2009, 10:18 AM
I have a modded xbox but I don't want to get banned for getting achievements early or whatever else they ban you for, and I'm too lazy to jump through all the hoops to prevent it. Probably just show up at Blockbuster at 10:00 AM and copy it.

Ever thought of unplugging the internet connection for a few days? (Btw, how difficult was it to mod your xbox, did you have to buy any additional parts? PM, if you wanna stay on the DL.)

Chris
08-10-2009, 11:29 AM
Just got the game. What's your gamertag?

UberBroncoMan
08-10-2009, 11:32 AM
The Marshall TD was pretty much the one cool thing. The Royal catch was neat too. I'm actually appalled how ****ty the animations and voice work is for the game... but I'm also not surprised.

DarkHorse
08-10-2009, 11:40 AM
The Marshall TD was pretty much the one cool thing. The Royal catch was neat too. I'm actually appalled how ****ty the animations and voice work is for the game... but I'm also not surprised.

Sound is reminiscent of early Madden franchise. Notice at the beginning how Seattle is pronounced

Sea Attle

Sounds like friggin HAL Hilarious!

Doggcow
08-10-2009, 12:16 PM
Lol the Plasma legion came out to defend their dying technology....

Florida_Bronco
08-10-2009, 12:31 PM
Looks like the over the middle passing has been much improved since Madden 08. That was always one of my biggest gripes about the previous games.

Doggcow
08-10-2009, 12:37 PM
I just hope they got rid of the LB/DE skying 40 yards in the air to pick off a pass to a WR 30 yards down the field.

Rabb
08-10-2009, 12:45 PM
I just hope they got rid of the LB/DE skying 40 yards in the air to pick off a pass to a WR 30 yards down the field.

my God YES I agree

I do like how they slowed it down, running is also a lot more realistic...you can see the holes develop

Jerry Curl
08-10-2009, 01:48 PM

There's plenty of copies already out for testing/early sales and stuff so if your game is stealth patched you should be good.

And to be able to play burned games you have to flash the firmware to allow you to play burned games(google if you wanna try yourself). I just paid someone $40 to do it and then bought some verbatim DVD-DL discs and burned them.

Doggcow
08-10-2009, 02:20 PM
This game better be LEAPS AND BOUNDS BETTER THAN NCAA 10 or else it will ****ing suck like all the rest. NCAA 10 is probably the worst game I have ever played.

Doggcow
08-10-2009, 02:21 PM
There's plenty of copies already out for testing/early sales and stuff so if your game is stealth patched you should be good.

And to be able to play burned games you have to flash the firmware to allow you to play burned games(google if you wanna try yourself). I just paid someone $40 to do it and then bought some verbatim DVD-DL discs and burned them.

Dont do this if you want to play on Xbox live.

Chris
08-10-2009, 02:50 PM
Better yet, don't steal video games.

Doggcow
08-10-2009, 03:01 PM
Better yet, don't steal video games.

This one's OK to steal. EA is so cheap anyway.

Chris
08-10-2009, 03:22 PM
Nothing is ever okay to steal. You may have beef with EA but you're denying a significant portion of a developer's salary. Do you have beef with the father of two who doesn't get a bonus (probably makes up half his salary) because the game didn't reach sales numbers?

Nothing is ever okay to steal. I don't mean to jump on you but... not cool.

scorpio
08-10-2009, 03:33 PM

I did it myself a few weeks ago, luckily I had one of the Lite-On drives that's super easy to mod. Also bought one of the trick Samsung drives off eBay so I don't have to take the xbox apart everytime I want to backup a game.

Jerry Curl
08-10-2009, 03:33 PM
Dont do this if you want to play on Xbox live.

I have been playing xbox live since I got my 360, you have to have the discs stealth patched and microsoft cannot see you're playing a burned copy. Many people out there play online with no worry.

Drek
08-10-2009, 03:39 PM
This one's OK to steal. EA is so cheap anyway.

What's that?

EA happens to make some of the best video games of this current generation and have not been a risk adverse publisher or developer at all. They used to run their company like massive pricks, but since Riccetello took over they've been an entirely different outfit.

EA of just a few years ago wouldn't have given us the best survival horror to date in Dead Space, or green lit a new take on FPS games with Mirror's Edge. They surely wouldn't have let off the gas when milking Need for Speed, especially not to hand the franchise over to Criterion (of Burnout fame), one of the real elite racing game developers in the business.

EA has had a massive corporate shift towards making better quality products and not just quick game cash ins. If anything this is the time when you should actively look to buy EA's titles to let them know that their new perspective is refreshing and appreciated.

Ironlung
08-10-2009, 03:54 PM
This game better be LEAPS AND BOUNDS BETTER THAN NCAA 10 or else it will ****ing suck like all the rest. NCAA 10 is probably the worst game I have ever played.

NCAA 10 does suck! Madden is MUCH different, alot more sim style. Have you downloaded the demo? Its a full game, 5min quarters, Super Bowl rematch.

Pontius Pirate
08-10-2009, 04:27 PM
Madden has a 90 metacritic rating so far. So the haters can suck it.

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/xbox360/maddennfl10

Ironlung
08-10-2009, 04:59 PM
Can hardly wait til friday. Madden will hold me over until, what i believe will be the best game ever, Modern Warfare 2 comes out.

Rabb
08-10-2009, 05:22 PM
Can hardly wait til friday. Madden will hold me over until, what i believe will be the best game ever, Modern Warfare 2 comes out.

samsies, I cannot wait until MW2

DarkHorse
08-10-2009, 05:24 PM
EA claims that they discontinued PC support due to pirating so i'm praising everyone out there with an X-Box or PS3 that can steal their junk.

Pirate away people!

Let the morons know that it's not only the PC people that pirate their crap. I'd be willing to bet that pirating is far more prevelant in the console world than it is the PC world - when speaking of games.

Los Broncos
08-10-2009, 05:50 PM
Now only if Orton can do that in a game :)

I'll rent it for PS3, thanks for the post, it gives me my fix till Friday.

Drek
08-10-2009, 06:01 PM
EA claims that they discontinued PC support due to pirating so i'm praising everyone out there with an X-Box or PS3 that can steal their junk.

Pirate away people!

Let the morons know that it's not only the PC people that pirate their crap. I'd be willing to bet that pirating is far more prevelant in the console world than it is the PC world - when speaking of games.
They canceled PC versions because they sold like ****. Its also why they've skipped Madden on the PSP a few years here and there. At the tail end of the PC version's life it was seriously being ported by basically one guy.

Pontius Pirate
08-10-2009, 06:11 PM

Pirate away people!

http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/6366/retarded8oi5.jpg

Archer81
08-10-2009, 06:59 PM
Can't wait to pick it up on the PC

Oh wait......they still aren't making it so i'm still boycotting Electronic Arts.

Consoles are for kiddies

PC vs Console talk is SO 1994...

:Broncos:

Archer81
08-10-2009, 07:03 PM

Going to be a good summer/fall for games. Have Madden 10 and Batman: Arkham Asylum in August, Guitar Hero 5 and Dante's Inferno in September, Brutal Legend and Uncharted 2 in October, with God of War III coming out any time between November and February.

DarkHorse
08-10-2009, 07:26 PM
They canceled PC versions because they sold like ****. Its also why they've skipped Madden on the PSP a few years here and there. At the tail end of the PC version's life it was seriously being ported by basically one guy.

And EA claimed the sales were in the tank due in large part to piracy.

Research then post.

DarkHorse
08-10-2009, 07:28 PM
http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/6366/retarded8oi5.jpg

Brilliant.

Let us note that the piracy talk in this thread is directly aimed at the console.

Soon enough EA will be crying about losing money on the console versions.

DarkHorse
08-10-2009, 07:29 PM
PC vs Console talk is SO 1994...

:~ohyah!:

Even so - console still cannot compare to a properly built gaming PC. I know, most people cannot build their own PC, or want to spend $600 on a video card, etc.... I understand this.

Archer81
08-10-2009, 07:34 PM
:~ohyah!:

Even so - console still cannot compare to a properly built gaming PC. I know, most people cannot build their own PC, or want to spend $600 on a video card, etc.... I understand this.

Its gaming. Does platform matter? Not in the least. If I could afford it I would have an XBox 360, PSP, Nintendo DS and a $3000 gaming computer in addition to my PS3.

DarkHorse
08-10-2009, 07:40 PM
Its gaming. Does platform matter? Not in the least. If I could afford it I would have an XBox 360, PSP, Nintendo DS and a $3000 gaming computer in addition to my PS3.

Yeah actually it does. Software companies are leaning away from PC games because they know that parents will buy their 12 year old kids whatever game they push for $65.

The die hard PC gamers are the ones left out. Pretty self centered but true. There are still some killer PC games - Company of Heroes is one - but for now we're stuck with Madden 08.

When you're into creating correct rosters and recoding some of the actual game - you do this on a PC as the consoles don't have the capability.

Pseudofool
08-10-2009, 08:23 PM
The PC tends to be a better interface for some games because of the keyboard (RPGs, Strategy, and Simulation titles); consoles tend to do better at Action and Sport games because of the controller. Of course there's exception to these very loose rules.

It does suck that good games get consolized and the PC is just ported over (think Mass Effect or Fallout 3) but that's where the market is. It's a lot easier to pop in a CD to a console than it is to install some new game that you have to register etc.

Pontius Pirate
08-10-2009, 08:32 PM

Research then post.

Thanks to geniuses like you who condone piracy

KevinJames
08-10-2009, 08:40 PM

Why not condone it?

its free..........

people can't afford to buy video games these days, its a recession out here son!

plus most games don't live up to their 59.99 price tag anyway.

I don't pirate games but I know people that do and I have no problem with it, if I played for more games I would probably do it too.

Pontius Pirate
08-10-2009, 09:14 PM
Why not condone it?

its free..........

people can't afford to buy video games these days, its a recession out here son!

plus most games don't live up to their 59.99 price tag anyway.

I don't pirate games but I know people that do and I have no problem with it, if I played for more games I would probably do it too.

Hey, if that's how they roll in your trailer park, by all means, keep on a stealin'

DarkHorse
08-10-2009, 09:47 PM

I bought every copy of Madden since it first came out on the Commodore 64 in '89 but thanks.

I'm condoning it now because EA deserves to have their blessed console game pirated.

I don't own a childrens video game system so there's no need to pirate it.

And yes, i'm near genius status thanks.

Pontius Pirate
08-10-2009, 09:59 PM
I bought every copy of Madden since it first came out on the Commodore 64 in '89 but thanks.

I'm condoning it now because EA deserves to have their blessed console game pirated.

I don't own a childrens video game system so there's no need to pirate it.

And yes, i'm near genius status thanks.

So to re-cap: Company doesn't release product on your terms, then said product is okay to steal. Hey, that makes total sense. I don't own an iPod because I just think CD Players are THE BEST. Whenever a band releases their album solely as MP3, then I have the right to steal the MP3. Because I'm Dark Horse and I'm a shining white knight of the CD Player, fighting the good fight for CD Players all over the world. To hell with consumer trends driving business! All hail the CD Player! And all hail my asshat for a brain!

With any luck, there is no lifeguard on duty at your gene pool.

Doggcow
08-11-2009, 12:30 AM
So to re-cap: Company doesn't release product on your terms, then said product is okay to steal. Hey, that makes total sense. I don't own an iPod because I just think CD Players are THE BEST. Whenever a band releases their album solely as MP3, then I have the right to steal the MP3. Because I'm Dark Horse and I'm a shining white knight of the CD Player, fighting the good fight for CD Players all over the world. To hell with consumer trends driving business! All hail the CD Player! And all hail my asshat for a brain!

**** EA. If it can cost them enough money so they cant keep the license I'm all for it. Free Market will drive competition and force them to produce a quality product. Until then its the best way we can combat their ****tarditude

Drek
08-11-2009, 05:15 AM

Research then post.

Actually, I had a few conversations with the guy who ported '08 shortly after EA announced there would be no '09 on PC, and the fact of the matter is poor sales, not ease of piracy where to blame.

Did EA use ease of piracy on PC as a scape goat to explain why a rushed, understaffed port was crap? Yes. But if it'd been pirated a million times and still sold 500,000 copies it would have been followed by a PC release of '09.

Hence why Mirror's Edge has a PC release far superior to it's console brethren, and the sequel probably will too even though it'll sell like **** again, just because the Mirror's Edge engine is so close to PC ready that its basically a free port.

I agree that its bull**** how many great PC developers are dumbing down games in order to better service the console market, but unfortunately that is where the industry is headed. I wish Bioware still made expansive open RPGs like Baldur's Gate and not alien dating sims like Mass Effect, but unfortunately that is where the sales are at, so that is what they make.

Carrying a grudge against EA for it though, when they at least deliver most of their best games to PC annually unlike a lot of publishers, I just don't get. At least they put out solid version of games like Dead Space, Burnout Paradise, etc. on PC and do so at or near launch of the console counterparts. Even Microsoft doesn't do that with their games and they try to sell PC gaming harder than anyone else.

The MVPlaya
08-11-2009, 06:05 AM
I have 1 last copy of 360 version if anyone wants it. Comes out on Friday but I was able to get some copies last Friday... just PM me if you're interested.

Broncos4tw
08-11-2009, 06:06 AM
My biggest gripe is how much stuff they are making to pay online for. Instead of having them as regular features, they are adding plenty of new things... if you pay for them online. Special leagues, max player stat increase over a season (one time shot), buy your way out of an injury, etc... it's a tad ridiculous.

The MVPlaya
08-11-2009, 06:07 AM
Oh yeah - in the game McDaniels is 29.

DarkHorse
08-11-2009, 06:23 AM

Good summary, i'll roll with that.

Thank God OM has a resident Boy Scout on board :peace:

DarkHorse
08-11-2009, 06:26 AM
Actually, I had a few conversations with the guy who ported '08 shortly after EA announced there would be no '09 on PC, and the fact of the matter is poor sales, not ease of piracy where to blame.

Did EA use ease of piracy on PC as a scape goat to explain why a rushed, understaffed port was crap? Yes. But if it'd been pirated a million times and still sold 500,000 copies it would have been followed by a PC release of '09.

Hence why Mirror's Edge has a PC release far superior to it's console brethren, and the sequel probably will too even though it'll sell like **** again, just because the Mirror's Edge engine is so close to PC ready that its basically a free port.

I agree that its bull**** how many great PC developers are dumbing down games in order to better service the console market, but unfortunately that is where the industry is headed. I wish Bioware still made expansive open RPGs like Baldur's Gate and not alien dating sims like Mass Effect, but unfortunately that is where the sales are at, so that is what they make.

Carrying a grudge against EA for it though, when they at least deliver most of their best games to PC annually unlike a lot of publishers, I just don't get. At least they put out solid version of games like Dead Space, Burnout Paradise, etc. on PC and do so at or near launch of the console counterparts. Even Microsoft doesn't do that with their games and they try to sell PC gaming harder than anyone else.

I boycott EA because they've cornered the market in the football game. Nobody else has the NFLPA rights so there's no reason for another company to make a PC football game.

Pontius Pirate
08-11-2009, 10:06 AM
I boycott EA because they've cornered the market in the football game. Nobody else has the NFLPA rights so there's no reason for another company to make a PC football game.

I thought you boycotted them because they dropped the PC version of Madden? Oh, it's because of the exclusive license too? All these reasons are so complicated!

I imagine you're boycotting THQ, then, because of their exclusive license with the UFC? And you're boycotting Sega because of their exclusive license with the Olympics? Man, with all these boycotts, it's a wonder you're able to find a game company that lives up to your expectations!

Flex Gunmetal
08-11-2009, 10:12 AM
Nothing is ever okay to steal. You may have beef with EA but you're denying a significant portion of a developer's salary. Do you have beef with the father of two who doesn't get a bonus (probably makes up half his salary) because the game didn't reach sales numbers?

Nothing is ever okay to steal. I don't mean to jump on you but... not cool.

LOL
Once EA and the NFL part ways and there's a decent NFL game out there, I'll share your view.