PDA

View Full Version : Who is our best blocking WR?

lex
08-10-2009, 12:07 AM
My money's on Marshall. That guy has laid some immensely satisfying blocks. I think my favorite was the revenge block in the first game of 07. Who do you think our best blocking WR is? What about the group of WRs overall?

KevinJames
08-10-2009, 12:09 AM
without a doubt its Marshall, a really underrated aspect of his game.

I wish they would pay him I really do.

Dark Helmet
08-10-2009, 01:40 AM
Hines Ward.....I'm not sure; seeing a WR give a good block is few and far between. I know Ward takes pleasure in blocking.

Doggcow
08-10-2009, 01:42 AM
Hines Ward.....I'm not sure; seeing a WR give a good block is few and far between. I know Ward takes pleasure in blocking.

Reading comprehension fail

Killericon
08-10-2009, 01:53 AM

I dunno, man...Steve Hutchinson is pretty good.

BroncoMan4ever
08-10-2009, 02:06 AM
i agree it is Marshall. however, it is a little difficult to gauge how good any of our receivers are in that aspect of the game when none of our RBs the last few years have been capable of getting through the LOS on a consistant enough basis, to get down the field to where downfield blocking by the receivers becomes important.

it is hard to say if Marshall or Royal or anyone is any good at down field blocking when our RBs are always getting stonewalled at the LOS.

Hulamau
08-10-2009, 02:50 AM
As far as paying Marshall at least let him get through the 13th and then lets see if he can even stay healthy for more than three practices first? Then they can work something out.

montrose
08-10-2009, 02:54 AM
In 2007 it was Marshall whose down-block of a DE on Cutler's 4th down QB sweep may not have been sexy but was, IMO, the best play of the WR's career. Last year, wither because of the arm/hip or his increased status, BMarsh was nowhere near the blocker he was in 2007. At this point, I'd have to say Gaffney until I see BMarsh back on the field blocking again.

Ratboy
08-10-2009, 03:04 AM
Marshall is one of the best in the league.

chadta
08-10-2009, 05:47 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFaROGUjORs

i remember that game, i had a yappy bills fan sitting beside me talkin trash all game, and anytime i pointed out how bad the bills really were he said to look at the score, so then we scored on that last second feild goal, i slapped hsi back an said hey look at the score as i walked away. :thumbs: