PDA

View Full Version : Moreno will play Friday night!

HEAV
08-09-2009, 07:42 PM
by Jeff Legwold on August 9, 2009

So much for working a guy into things slowly. Broncos coach Josh McDaniels said after Sunday’s practice that rookie running back Knowshon Moreno would see action in Friday night’s preseason opener in San Francisco.

Moreno practiced Sunday for the first time since training camp opened. He missed eight days of work as the two sides negotiated his contract.

Asked after practice if he saw enough to put Moreno in the game Friday, McDaniels’ said “absolutely.”

Moreno took some reps with the first-team offense Sunday and his conditioning looked good. McDaniels said the rookie missed a few assisgnments, but that overall Moreno looked ready to go.
------------

Keep our fingers crossed.

RhymesayersDU
08-09-2009, 07:43 PM
Why wouldn't he play?

I mean, I understand he missed a lot of time, but doesn't anybody with a pulse get to play in the first preseason game?

HEAV
08-09-2009, 07:51 PM
Why wouldn't he play?

I mean, I understand he missed a lot of time, but doesn't anybody with a pulse get to play in the first preseason game?

Just to be safe. He hasn't been through pads, or taking hits since last college season.

Just hope he not rushed.

24champ
08-09-2009, 07:53 PM
Most of the plays in the pre-season games are vanilla anyway. Moreno will be fine.

Broncoman13
08-09-2009, 07:59 PM
Most of the plays in the pre-season games are vanilla anyway. Moreno will be fine.

So not true. He will be sore and unable to truly protect himself having been in camp less than a week by the time the game is played. That is why hold outs are so often injured... the rest of the guys have already gotten past the soreness and are going 100% and Knowshon will be sore and trying his best but unable strength wise.

Punisher
08-09-2009, 08:01 PM
can't wait finally some football

meangene
08-09-2009, 08:01 PM
Guess he passed the conditioning test! :thumbsup:

HEAV
08-09-2009, 08:07 PM

That's really a dumb statement. Players get hurt in preseaon games just as easy in regular season games.

Hell remember when Mike Anderson was lost for the year back in 04.

Being young is great, maybe he could take some live hits. But I'd prefer he get's worked into live action (not rushed).

24champ
08-09-2009, 08:32 PM
So not true. He will be sore and unable to truly protect himself having been in camp less than a week by the time the game is played. That is why hold outs are so often injured... the rest of the guys have already gotten past the soreness and are going 100% and Knowshon will be sore and trying his best but unable strength wise.

I really doubt Moreno was just sitting on the couch eating a bag of doritos until the Broncos finally came to terms with his agent and Moreno himself. Secondly, he'll get used to hitting this week. We are likely talking about a few plays here and there. Nothing to get worked up over. He's got to get his work in one way or another.

Again, he's not going to play the whole game, McDaniels simply said Moreno will be in the game at some point. Let's all calm down a bit on this potential injury business. It's football.

Broncoman13
08-09-2009, 08:40 PM
I really doubt Moreno was just sitting on the couch eating a bag of doritos until the Broncos finally came to terms with his agent and Moreno himself. Secondly, he'll get used to hitting this week. We are likely talking about a few plays here and there. Nothing to get worked up over. He's got to get his work in one way or another.

Again, he's not going to play the whole game, McDaniels simply said Moreno will be in the game at some point. Let's all calm down a bit on this potential injury business. It's football.

No doubt and he is much more likely to get injured in practice this week, that part you're right about. I'll be much more comfortable if he's running healthy this time next week. And your statement about him not sitting around eating Doritos... Moreno himself admitted that he's not in football shape and hasn't put on pads since his last game in college. He said his body needs to get hit and go through the soreness before he's truly ready to play. Its always the same thing for these guys. About three days in they get super sore. It's during this time that they are most susceptible to injury. When you have 80 guys all running with the same soreness at the same time it's not a big deal, everything kind of evens out. But when you have guys that are late to camp it often takes them time to get their legs back. That is when they cannot protect themselves. Its worse for rookies and older players. You've probably noticed that Lamont Jordan wasn't doing to well in camp... same thing with Pittman last year. Both are in very good shape and both were complaining of soreness well into the first week. While neither were injured, both had/have lackluster performances which can be attributed to not being in "football shape" something you don't get by just not sitting around eating Doritos. You actually have to take some hits and beat your body up.

BlaK-Argentina
08-09-2009, 08:42 PM
Was today's practice closed to the public?

broncofan2438
08-09-2009, 08:53 PM
Awesome, I get to see him live for the first time

SoDak Bronco
08-09-2009, 08:54 PM
are we getting camp reports tonight?

24champ
08-09-2009, 08:55 PM
And your statement about him not sitting around eating Doritos... Moreno himself admitted that he's not in football shape and hasn't put on pads since his last game in college. He said his body needs to get hit and go through the soreness before he's truly ready to play.

Moreno took some reps with the first-team offense Sunday and his conditioning looked good. McDaniels said the rookie missed a few assisgnments, but that overall Moreno looked ready to go.

Oskie, it sounds like he is fine. This is also coming from the same coach that wasn't pleased with Champ Bailey's fitness level at the beginning of camp. I'm not going to to get too worked up over it, this is a new regime that puts emphasis on nutrition, stretching, staying in shape etc. I doubt they want to risk Moreno's health. Again, we are probably talking very few plays. McDaniels needs to evaluate Moreno, and he missed a few key assignments in practice. Sounds like they want to see that get ironed out in a game situation.

Gcver2ver3
08-09-2009, 09:18 PM
denverbroncos.com has some highlights of today's practice and they are led by knowshon highlights...

knowshon looks every bit of 220...

they showed 1 on 1 offensive vs defensive player tackle drills and the defenders coudn't bring knowshon down...

one highlight showed knowshon juke a defender (and rather easily)...

2nd highlight knowshon lowered the shoulder (on i think DJ Williams)...didn't bring him down...

3rd highlight showed the defender grab and hold the face mask in an effort to bring him down...knowshon spun around and fought off the facemask and still remained in bounds...

knowshown looks awesome...i'm talking really awesome...

lex
08-09-2009, 09:57 PM
denverbroncos.com has some highlights of today's practice and they are led by knowshon highlights...

knowshon looks every bit of 220...

they showed 1 on 1 offensive vs defensive player tackle drills and the defenders coudn't bring knowshon down...

one highlight showed knowshon juke a defender (and rather easily)...

2nd highlight knowshon lowered the shoulder (on i think DJ Williams)...didn't bring him down...

3rd highlight showed the defender grab and hold the face mask in an effort to bring him down...knowshon spun around and fought off the facemask and still remained in bounds...

knowshown looks awesome...i'm talking really awesome...

He looked ok. Its kind of hard to tell from that. I thought the most impressive clip was the one when he was facemasked.

BlaK-Argentina
08-09-2009, 10:08 PM
He looked ok. Its kind of hard to tell from that. I thought the most impressive clip was the one when he was facemasked.

Just OK? I think he looked very impressive there. He looks big and it seems like he's a load to take down. He showed some good moves too.

Can't wait to see him in action!

Rock Chalk
08-09-2009, 10:36 PM
Just OK? I think he looked very impressive there. He looks big and it seems like he's a load to take down. He showed some good moves too.

Dont mind lex, nothing is going to look impressive to him.

wolf754life
08-09-2009, 10:36 PM
he is by far the most talented back we have had post TD.... shanahan had a bunch of slugs in here after TD (except Portis)... talent will be nice to have at RB... Mark it down, Moreno will be a better all around back than CP.

ward63
08-09-2009, 10:41 PM
Does anybody know if the game will be live on the NFL network? One part of the site says yes on the 14th, but the then the tv schedule says it'll be showed like 3 days later

cutthemdown
08-09-2009, 10:43 PM
Just to be safe. He hasn't been through pads, or taking hits since last college season.

Just hope he not rushed.

Meh if he's special **** like the don't matter. If he ain't special then who the **** cares run hillis and Buck after he pulls a vagina.

Time to stop coddling players so much. I love the whole get out there and hit people mentality. It's the mean physical teams that do the hurtin. The soft pansy teams worrying about pulling a muscle that get the hurt put on them.

I can't wait to see in I can tell the difference between the old Broncos and the new Broncos. I'm really hoping we can. I'm sick of Broncos getting pushed around.

lex
08-09-2009, 11:15 PM
he is by far the most talented back we have had post TD.... shanahan had a bunch of slugs in here after TD (except Portis)... talent will be nice to have at RB... Mark it down, Moreno will be a better all around back than CP.

Thats really going out on a limb. Portis was outstanding and he was a steal as a second rounder. We made out by virtue of him playing on a team where there were so many great players that he was undervalued.

Until he proves otherwise, I have him behind Portis and TD.

lex
08-09-2009, 11:18 PM

Yeah, OK. Thats not a criticism. Is anything short of backflips criticism?

BTW, that cut/juke was only ok in relation to this:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1wRfHpzdmg8&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1wRfHpzdmg8&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

NFLBRONCO
08-09-2009, 11:19 PM
Since we used 12th pick on him (He Better be at least close to TD and Portis class) or we missed the mark on this choice. I like this kid alot.

BroncoMan4ever
08-09-2009, 11:19 PM

supposedly, he has been working out a lot over his holdout. and on friday i seriously doubt he gets more than a handful of carries. he'll play maybe a quarter.

cutthemdown
08-09-2009, 11:24 PM
Since we used 12th pick on him (He Better be at least close to TD and Portis class) or we missed the mark on this choice. I like this kid alot.

honestly if hes that good then its a home run.

NFLBRONCO
08-09-2009, 11:27 PM
honestly if hes that good then its a home run.

No doubt and I hope he is.

tsiguy96
08-09-2009, 11:30 PM
No doubt and I hope he is.

to expect him to be as good as the best bronco RB ever is kind of far fetched, wouldnt you say? hell, even portis was a stretch as that was a combination of the genius running game of mike shanahan (pre cutler 600 throw days) and a great ZBS RB in portis...

expect him to be a very good starter for this team for the next 5 (hopefully 10) years, not to be better than the best...

listopencil
08-09-2009, 11:31 PM
Does anybody know if the game will be live on the NFL network? One part of the site says yes on the 14th, but the then the tv schedule says it'll be shown like 3 days later

Out here in the People's Republic Of California it will be on the local FOX affiliate.

Baba Booey
08-09-2009, 11:32 PM
It's gonna be on NFL Network. My buddy checked the listings on his cable (9er fan scum).

Can't wait.

NFLBRONCO
08-09-2009, 11:50 PM
to expect him to be as good as the best bronco RB ever is kind of far fetched, wouldnt you say? hell, even portis was a stretch as that was a combination of the genius running game of mike shanahan (pre cutler 600 throw days) and a great ZBS RB in portis...

expect him to be a very good starter for this team for the next 5 (hopefully 10) years, not to be better than the best...

I was just saying if you use 12th or 18th pick on a player you expect that player to be a stud ie Portis or TD or Wilson or Champ level. A solid player will help but, your goal is to find stars. I said CLOSE to their level which would be very good if we get great better yet.

Cito Pelon
08-09-2009, 11:51 PM

Yah, this is true. But, he's not gonna be able to slide out of the first game, Oskie. He's gonna have to play. The coaches cannot keep him out of the game. Every player on the team will insist he starts the first snap. First pick on the team, he has to be on the field for the first snap.

Doggcow
08-10-2009, 01:20 AM
I'd love to see him meet Patrick Willis in the hole.

FireFly
08-10-2009, 02:04 AM
supposedly, he has been working out a lot over his holdout. and on friday i seriously doubt he gets more than a handful of carries. he'll play maybe a quarter.

if that imo

Cito Pelon
08-10-2009, 02:07 AM

Moreno I think wants to be the best Bronco tailback ever. He may have to be held back a little bit to get into game shape.

Cito Pelon
08-10-2009, 02:21 AM
if that imo

Five carries and that should be the end. I bet those five carries and he's beat up. Being an RB in the NFL is a whole lot different than being an RB in the SEC. Fortunately, he has five days of TC to get used to getting hit by NFL players. As Oskie said, maybe he'll be too sore to start come Friday, it's a possibility. I'll say he gets five carries, no more.