PDA

View Full Version : So Hey, Another Cutler Thread! Will Bears/Broncos Be The Biggest Preseason Game Ever?

RhymesayersDU
08-09-2009, 06:18 PM
So, let me preface this by saying the following:

1) It's just a preseason game.
2) No matter who wins or what the stats are, it won't mean a thing in determining who won or lost the trade.

We all know these things. We all know that the hype machine will be in full force with the combination of the NFL, NBC, and ESPN driving the marketing train, even though it's just a preseason game.

WITH THAT SAID, is this the biggest preseason game ever? Can you think of any preseason game that has had storylines, has made you want to watch even though the outcome means nothing? I've got to believe that people will be watching this game.

Football historians, what do you think? Has there ever been any kind of "drama" surrounding a preseason game?

Baba Booey
08-09-2009, 06:21 PM
It will be weird worrying about Cutler's arm strength instead of whacking to it.

prunch
08-09-2009, 06:27 PM
it'll be 2 series of first string each side ... over before it began.

Espn highlight "bit" will be run longer than the amount of time Cutler is on the field.

<yawn>

Bring on the regular season.

KS Bronco
08-09-2009, 06:28 PM
i think it's great that it's the 3rd preseason game, the one that the starters typically play at least a half in. should be fun to watch!

BlueCrusher
I'd give my right nut if Ayers got a slobberknocker on Cutler. Well, at least my left pinky toe.

RhymesayersDU
i think it's great that it's the 3rd preseason game, the one that the starters typically play at least a half in. should be fun to watch!

^ This

Cutler will be on that field for a good long while. As will Orton.

521 1N5
08-09-2009, 06:34 PM
So it's on espn??

RhymesayersDU
08-09-2009, 06:36 PM
so it's on espn??

nbc.

Gcver2ver3
08-09-2009, 06:39 PM

Espn highlight "bit" will be run longer than the amount of time Cutler is on the field.

<yawn>

typically, the 3rd preseason game sees the starters play into the 3rd quarter...

Cito Pelon
08-09-2009, 06:46 PM
It's gonna be interesting. Very, very interesting.

This will probably be the most interesting 3rd preseason game I've ever seen.

RhymesayersDU
08-09-2009, 06:47 PM
It's gonna be interesting. Very, very interesting.

This will probably be the most interesting 3rd preseason game I've ever seen.

Which are the first two?

I'm going to guess one of them was when we drafted Cutler. We played Detroit as our first pre-season game, if memory serves.

broncosteven
08-09-2009, 06:49 PM
It could be the 1st time both teams starting QB's were booed.

Cito Pelon
08-09-2009, 06:49 PM

Gonna be very, very interesting that first half.

Los Broncos
08-09-2009, 06:53 PM
It will be fun to watch that's for sure, he will be looking to eat us up.

Cito Pelon
08-09-2009, 06:55 PM
I'd give my right nut if Ayers got a slobberknocker on Cutler. Well, at least my left pinky toe.

In fairness, the opposing QB gets a lot of pressure in the 3rd preseason game no matter who the QB is. The opposing D tends to attack quite a bit. The D needs to see how their personell packages fit. I bet Chi has max protect, but we'll see. It's gonna be very, very interesting that first half.

Punisher
08-09-2009, 07:00 PM
I hope someone rips his ****ing head off.

R8R H8R
08-09-2009, 07:01 PM

Yes, but since the media over-hyped the booing at a practice, they are sure to jump to unrealistic conclusions in a preseason game.

2) No matter who wins or what the stats are, it won't mean a thing in determining who won or lost the trade.

I agree with you, but the media will spin it that way, especially if either Cutler or Orton has a good or horrible game.

Cito Pelon
08-09-2009, 07:05 PM
Which are the first two?

I'm going to guess one of them was when we drafted Cutler. We played Detroit as our first pre-season game, if memory serves.

I don't recall a 3rd preseason game that will quite reach the magnitude of this one. There have been 3d preseason games between teams that met in the playoffs, many times. This time, it's a little more personal. Cutler made it so. We'll see how it pans out.

Cito Pelon
08-09-2009, 07:10 PM
It will be fun to watch that's for sure, he will be looking to eat us up.

I think so. And I'd like to see Cutler attacked. Everybody knows there's bad blood, let's see who comes out on top.

RhymesayersDU
08-09-2009, 07:25 PM
I don't recall a 3rd preseason game that will quite reach the magnitude of this one. There have been 3d preseason games between teams that met in the playoffs, many times. This time, it's a little more personal. Cutler made it so. We'll see how it pans out.

Oh I totally mis-read your original post. Now it makes sense.

I thought you wrote "This is the 3rd most interesting preseason game I've ever seen," which is why I asked what your first two were.

You were referring to the fact that it's preseason game #3. I must by dyslexic or something.

Pseudofool
08-09-2009, 07:29 PM
http://www.google.com/images?q=tbn:NkwHeisPEjMJCM::www.prepresspilgrim.c om/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/picard-facepalm.jpg

broncofan2438
08-09-2009, 07:54 PM

Me to bud, me to. If not maybe I'll throw my beer at him from my seat

rastaman
08-09-2009, 08:07 PM

I hope he takes mercy on us!!! ;)

rastaman
08-09-2009, 08:11 PM

Careful now, you don't want the Bears OL taking shots at the rookies knees in retaliation......:thumbs:

Man-Goblin
08-09-2009, 08:50 PM
This will be the biggest preseason game since former SF OC Mike Shanahan returned to Candlestick and a rookie named John Mobley knocked the backup Jeff Garcia the **** out.

BigPlayShay
08-09-2009, 08:52 PM
Certainly the the most interesting Broncos pre-season game since Elway's debut in 83.

Man-Goblin
08-09-2009, 08:56 PM
This will be the biggest preseason game since former SF OC Mike Shanahan returned to Candlestick and a rookie named John Mobley knocked the backup Jeff Garcia the **** out.

Wait. It's bigger than that you stupid bastard. Cutler has already admitted he wants no part of it, yet he traditionally should have to play three quarters. Should be good times with the only possible negative outcome being Cutler having a great game.

NFLBRONCO
08-09-2009, 09:01 PM
Wait. It's bigger than that you stupid bastard. Cutler has already admitted he wants no part of it, yet he traditionally should have to play three quarters. Should be good times with the only possible negative outcome being Cutler having a great game.

It will show how much more work D has to do. I'd like to see a 3 and out at least. This game doesn't mean anything more to me except how the team looks like every year.

s0phr0syne
08-09-2009, 09:03 PM
Obviously I'd love to see Cutler get f'ed up in the pocket, but I'm also hoping that Champ can exact some revenge in the form of some PDs and a INT or two.

hell, send in Champ on the blitz and Griese Cutler's shoulder.

^real classy, huh? I know, I'm not.

Atlas
08-09-2009, 09:31 PM
How will Bronco fans feel if Denver wins 42-38 in a comefrom behind win.

Cutler throws for 338 yards and 4 TDs and he is pulled in the middle of the 3rd quarter with the Bears winning 38-28? The Broncos under the leadership of Simms comes back and gets a victory.

WHo won that game?

Rock Chalk
08-09-2009, 09:43 PM

We all know these things. We all know that the hype machine will be in full force with the combination of the NFL, NBC, and ESPN driving the marketing train, even though it's just a preseason game.

WITH THAT SAID, is this the biggest preseason game ever? Can you think of any preseason game that has had storylines, has made you want to watch even though the outcome means nothing? I've got to believe that people will be watching this game.

Football historians, what do you think? Has there ever been any kind of "drama" surrounding a preseason game?

Umm, Hall of Fame game, Denver vs Washington right after the Champ/Portis trade was bigger.

Cito Pelon
Obviously I'd love to see Cutler get f'ed up in the pocket, but I'm also hoping that Champ can exact some revenge in the form of some PDs and a INT or two.

hell, send in Champ on the blitz and Griese Cutler's shoulder.

^real classy, huh? I know, I'm not.

No worries, Jay's a stud. He expects that.

Rock Chalk

Cutler throws for 338 yards and 4 TDs and he is pulled in the middle of the 3rd quarter with the Bears winning 38-28? The Broncos under the leadership of Simms comes back and gets a victory.

WHo won that game?

No one wins.

Means both teams have **** for defense.

BigPlayShay
08-09-2009, 09:52 PM
Umm, Hall of Fame game, Denver vs Washington right after the Champ/Portis trade was bigger.

But they each only played a series or 2. I think the fact that this is the 3rd pre-season game and the starters will be playing into the 3rd quarter makes it bigger. Plus with it being in Denver is another element of intrigue.

Rock Chalk
08-09-2009, 09:59 PM
But they each only played a series or 2. I think the fact that this is the 3rd pre-season game and the starters will be playing into the 3rd quarter makes it bigger. Plus with it being in Denver is another element of intrigue.

If you say so.

tsiguy96
08-09-2009, 10:00 PM

WHo won that game?

its preseason, no one wins because they are both playing 2-3 quarters only.

RhymesayersDU
08-09-2009, 10:10 PM

You know, that's a pretty strong suggestion. That was a mega trade, I had certainly forgot about it, especially since superstars don't get traded all that often like in the NBA and MLB.

But don't you think this might be bigger mainly because the QB positions trumps others?

Either way, that's a good point on that game.

BroncoMan4ever
08-09-2009, 10:26 PM
It could be the 1st time both teams starting QB's were booed.

Orton won't get booed. that may be the biggest cheer he gets all season. fans in the stands will cheer for him like he is Elway just to show Jay we don't care that he is gone. and Jay is going to get booed in an incredible way

*WARHORSE*
08-09-2009, 10:33 PM
I'll bet my bottom dollar we pick Cutler at least once or twice.

Williams
08-09-2009, 10:41 PM
is this the biggest preseason game ever?

I dont know about biggest ever... but it's big. I'm definitely looking forward to it.

It would be nice to have Romo in his prime back for one game, I'll tell you that much.

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g18/broncoking16/romo.jpg

*I dont wish injury on Quitler.

BroncoMan4ever
08-09-2009, 10:45 PM
I dont know about biggest ever... but it's big. I'm definitely looking forward to it.

It would be nice to have Romo in his prime back for one game, I'll tell you that much.

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g18/broncoking16/romo.jpg

*I dont wish injury on Quitler.

is that the broken jaw play?

i just wish we had brought him in as a LB coach. talk about a guy who will fire the guys up and have them playoing nasty and vicious

Williams
08-09-2009, 11:00 PM
is that the broken jaw play?

i just wish we had brought him in as a LB coach. talk about a guy who will fire the guys up and have them playoing nasty and vicious

Yeah, that's the one.

When he expressed interest in coaching, I was thinking he'd be great to have on the sideline in some capacity or another. Waterboy even... whatever. I agree, he'd def have the players pumped up.

lex
08-09-2009, 11:09 PM

WHo won that game?

The local pubs.

KevinJames
08-09-2009, 11:10 PM
If cutler throws 2 INTs to Andre Goodman will our rabid Denver crowd boo him?

oh wait......

listopencil
08-09-2009, 11:28 PM
I'm hoping to hear chants of ,"**** you, Jay!" from the crowd every time he takes the field. That would be nice.

cutthemdown
08-09-2009, 11:35 PM
Hell yeah it is, its epic.

lex
08-09-2009, 11:40 PM
Only if Ayers were to go out and **** up Cutler's knee. I'm pretty sure it would be on at that point.

BroncoMan4ever
08-10-2009, 12:56 AM

WHo won that game?

i could care less if the Bears come in and have a great game and win a preseason game. the only thing i want to see is our front 7 make the day miserable for Jay and maybe Ayers put him through the turf, the secondary make him pay for his stupid mistakes he always makes, and the fans back Orton and the guys who want to play here.

ColoradoDarin
08-10-2009, 07:12 AM
I'm looking forward to it just because I don't have NFLN right now (temp living on a move to Jacksonville) and it'll be the first game I'll be able to watch of the Broncos this preseason. I'm just excited for FOOTBALL, our long national nightmare is almost over!

PS any other fans in Jax?

chawknz
08-10-2009, 07:26 AM
Glad I am going to be there. I guess there's one good thing about being forced to buy a pre-season game with a normal game for the season ticket holder waiting list pre-sale.

Gonna boo the crap out of Jay.

OrangeRising
08-10-2009, 07:40 AM
Weren't the Broncos the first AFL team to beat an NFL team, Detroit I think, in Pre-Season in 1967 or somewhere in that timeframe.

I would think that was the most significant and important Pre-Season game the Broncos ever played, and won.

broncswin
08-10-2009, 07:52 AM

<yawn>

No way, 3 preseason game, This is last chance prep time for the starters, they will play 3 quarters of ball. Maybe Chi will be smart and only let Pu$$ boy go two series.:wiggle:

Man-Goblin
08-10-2009, 08:01 AM
No way, 3 preseason game, This is last chance prep time for the starters, they will play 3 quarters of ball. Maybe Chi will be smart and only let Pu$$ boy go two series.:wiggle:

Exactly. Who the hell takes a third game of the preseason like it's bull****, bull****!?

Tombstone RJ
08-10-2009, 09:40 AM
I'm sure there are some posters here who get the NFL Network. The NFLN is advertising that they are going to show every preseason game. They say something along the lines of showing all "65" games and 12 of them are going to be live.

But, aren't there way more than 65 preseason games?

KevinJames
08-10-2009, 09:47 AM
Only if Ayers were to go out and **** up Cutler's knee. I'm pretty sure it would be on at that point.

Yeah honestly I would tell my team to be gunnin for Cutler I never want someone to get hurt but if I am the coach I know my team has the Chicago Bears first pick next year I would try and destroy their season early ROFL! only if I was a diabolical head coach but I am not so yeah not wishing injury on any player :welcome:

Arkie
08-10-2009, 09:56 AM
4 preseason weeks of 16 games = 64 + HOF game = 65

Tombstone RJ
08-10-2009, 10:07 AM
4 preseason weeks of 16 games = 64 + HOF game = 65

Ok, that makes sense. I was thinking 32 x 4 = 128 but then you have to divide 128 by 2 to get 64...

anthonypacino
08-10-2009, 01:15 PM
I have a feeling that Cutler may be nursing a "sore hamstrimg" or "tightness" in his throwing shoulder and may not suit up for this game. It's getting hyped but I have a feeling it's going to be a let down...if it was regular season it would be different but then again loyalty to teams isn't what it is with FA, and nearly all these guys play for checks, no rivalry or real passion behind it on the pro level anymore.

Crushaholic
08-10-2009, 01:56 PM
Epic for practice games? absolutely...

Cito Pelon
08-10-2009, 02:08 PM
Weren't the Broncos the first AFL team to beat an NFL team, Detroit I think, in Pre-Season in 1967 or somewhere in that timeframe.

I would think that was the most significant and important Pre-Season game the Broncos ever played, and won.

True.

footstepsfrom#27
08-10-2009, 02:21 PM
Preseason games are less than worthless so no...I don't think it's the "biggest ever"...if there is such a thing. It's big to a bunch of fans who are looking for some kind of revenge, and probably means nothing to anybody else.

RhymesayersDU
08-10-2009, 04:36 PM
Preseason games are less than worthless so no...I don't think it's the "biggest ever"...if there is such a thing. It's big to a bunch of fans who are looking for some kind of revenge, and probably means nothing to anybody else.

Yep, 100% wrong on all accounts.

But we'll see when the ratings come back after the game.

To totally blow this off is absurd.

Bronx33
08-10-2009, 04:40 PM
Hmmmmm Our rookies vs their rookies and players trying to make the team yep seems like a worthless game to me but i would like to see ****ler get the wind knocked out of him once.

Cito Pelon
08-10-2009, 05:22 PM

The third preseason game is a big deal to the starters. That's the statement game. Maybe you'll learn that sometime.