PDA

View Full Version : 2009 HOF ceremony

broncosteven
08-09-2009, 11:43 AM
Did anyone watch this?

Thankfully I have ATT Uverse and I recorded the NFL channel coverage of the ceremony.

The 1st thing that I am don't like is that moved the ceremony back until 5pm Central

John's was at 1pm eastern.

Then it took 2 hours with countless breaks to get everyone on the stage. This is where I was lucky I had the DVR and fastforwarded through all the many, and long, breaks. If I were watching live I would have gone outside and watch my grass grow.

Then the speaches, I only got through Ralph Wilsons, even though it was painful at times, just when he was about to lose me he would kick it back in gear.

I stopped after the Randal McDaniel induction. I still have it on DVR. I did see some of the live DT speech from Carl Peterson, it was tedious also.

I really think this is another thing the NFL is hosing up along with the Draft.

I am guessing that they want everthing in Prime time as they consider themselves a prime time league and are trying to cater to the primetime advertising $.

Go back to your roots,

The game is played on Sunday afternoons, the HOF induction should be on a Sunday Afternoon.

Keep the ceremony at 90min. I don't know how those poor people sat there for 4+ hours.

If they are going to insist on having marathon shows then hire a band or some entertainment, and the NFL network should hire a crew that can produce the show with out all the starts and stops and drags.

broncosteven
08-09-2009, 11:47 AM
Oh and another thing, "Boomer" kept talking about the sea of Bills Jerseys in the crowd.

I don't think there will ever be a larger "home game" presence of Jerseys than we pulled off at John's induction.

OBF1
08-09-2009, 01:00 PM
I refuse to watch anything Hall of shame until the treatment of Bronco greats is delt with in a fair manner.

TheChamp24
08-09-2009, 02:24 PM
Oh and another thing, "Boomer" kept talking about the sea of Bills Jerseys in the crowd.

I don't think there will ever be a larger "home game" presence of Jerseys than we pulled off at John's induction.

Yeah, Broncos Country dominated that weekend. It was nice to see.

~Crash~
08-09-2009, 02:29 PM
Oh so there is a HOF ? I thought they closed the doors a few years back....