PDA

View Full Version : For what it's worth, Cutler clarifying..... (M)

JCMElway
08-09-2009, 12:52 AM
CHICAGO (AP)—Chicago Bears quarterback Jay Cutler(notes) said Saturday that comments about the Denver Broncos that he made during a recent radio interview were aimed at Denver’s training camp, not its fans.

Cutler, traded by the Broncos to the Bears in the spring, sought Saturday to clarify comments he made in an interview earlier in the week, when he had given Chicago a nine and Denver a six on a scale of one to 10.

“Denver’s got great fans,” Cutler said following the Bears’ workout at Soldier Field before a crowd of 27,793 fans. “I wasn’t saying anything about their fans.”

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AsNzRc3UjsEnOF48oFQ1_MVDubYF?slug=ap-bearscamp&prov=ap&type=lgns

BroncoMan4ever
08-09-2009, 01:01 AM
lying sack of ****. back tracking because you are looking like a giant dickwad in the minds of the league by talking **** about the fans who were enamored with you for 3 years.

**** ****LER!!!!!!!

Hulamau
08-09-2009, 01:02 AM
Covering his ass

Dr. Broncenstein
08-09-2009, 01:05 AM
Cutler widows unite. Don't let him play you like that, girlfriends...

worm
08-09-2009, 01:06 AM
This is about as important to me as it was when he first said it.

footstepsfrom#27
08-09-2009, 01:19 AM
I don't blame him for bagging on the fans. There are thousands of nasty, hateful and even vulgar comments made about him on these message boards, all made by fans who know no more than what they've been told about this. If he bothered to read any of this he'd no doubt form an opinion of the writers.

Big surprise if he doesn't care for these fans anymore...a better question is why do any of you care? You got a new QB in town so why are you so obsessed with this guy?

sisterhellfyre
08-09-2009, 01:20 AM
**** ****LER!!!!!!!

What's the phrase you were looking for there, BroncoMan?

Nuck Cuftler?

I'm seeing T-shirts... baseball caps... Slurpee cups at 7-11... maybe even a Saturday morning cartoon show.

Popps
08-09-2009, 01:34 AM
I don't blame him for bagging on the fans. There are thousands of nasty, hateful and even vulgar comments made about him on these message boards

Yea, and almost none of those comments were made until he flipped us the double-bird and skipped town like a bitch. A funny thing happens when you say **** you to people... they often say **** you back. Weird, huh?

.a better question is why do any of you care? You got a new QB in town so why are you so obsessed with this guy?

Wait, so you're here on your knees servicing him on every single thread that shows up like this, and yet it's OTHER people that are obsessed?

How does that work? Looks to me like your name on the above post, sport.

Gosh, if you're so over the whole thing... why respond 100 times on every thread that comes up?

Hmmm.

BroncoMan4ever
08-09-2009, 02:21 AM
What's the phrase you were looking for there, BroncoMan?

Nuck Cuftler?

I'm seeing T-shirts... baseball caps... Slurpee cups at 7-11... maybe even a Saturday morning cartoon show.

lol. i just noticed how messed up the post looked after all the words got editied out.

but for those who can not figure it out. it is F@$% Cun tler

ZONA
08-09-2009, 02:38 AM
I don't care either way but he just can't come out and say he wasn't talking about the fans when he clearly said how enthusiastic Chicago fans were right after he said the comment about 6 & 9.

Los Broncos
08-09-2009, 02:59 AM
Screw him.

BroncoDoug
08-09-2009, 03:58 AM

this.

Atwater His Ass
08-09-2009, 04:38 AM
I don't blame him for bagging on the fans. There are thousands of nasty, hateful and even vulgar comments made about him on these message boards, all made by fans who know no more than what they've been told about this. If he bothered to read any of this he'd no doubt form an opinion of the writers.

Big surprise if he doesn't care for these fans anymore...a better question is why do any of you care? You got a new QB in town so why are you so obsessed with this guy?

Yep.

It's cool when we all bag on the wine and cheese crowd at Invesco these days and how we've lost our 12th man edge, but if Cutler does it, hell, it's a nuclear meltdown around here.

Fact is, Cutler was correct in his assessment of the fans that attend the game. Most of the diehards have been priced out of the stadium and are watching the game on TV somewhere.

For the most part, the fans in the stadium have lost the sense of community and fan pride that goes along with it. And it's not a new phenomeon to Denver. It's happening in a lot of cities were the fans are being driven out of the stadium due to the cost.

Ray Finkle
08-09-2009, 06:44 AM
does it really matter? He's not a Bronco, will never be one again....time to move on.

Bob's your Information Minister
08-09-2009, 07:08 AM
This offseason is awesome.

loborugger
08-09-2009, 07:11 AM
this is about as important to me as it was when he first said it.

+1

kent156
08-09-2009, 07:22 AM
27,793 that's a lot of people

UberBroncoMan
08-09-2009, 07:44 AM
27,793 that's a lot of people

They must have better fans.

(or maybe it's a vastly bigger city with a massive population that statistically would add up to more fans showing up to events)

Don't know how many people know this. But population/fan ratio wise the Broncos mop the **** out of Chicago if you compare city/region population to fanbase.

I kind of though Cutler was smart enough to recognize that obvious fact when clamoring how Chicago has better fans via camp attendance.

footstepsfrom#27
08-09-2009, 07:45 AM
Yea, and almost none of those comments were made until he flipped us the double-bird and skipped town like a b****. A funny thing happens when you say **** you to people... they often say **** you back. Weird, huh?
What's weird is that you don't get the simple fact that 100% of your opinion is based on what Bowlen/McDaniels told you happened. NONE of it's based on evidence, only what you choose to accept as true. Yet you continue to delude yourself into thinking you "know" what happened, which you don't.
Wait, so you're here on your knees servicing him on every single thread that shows up like this, and yet it's OTHER people that are obsessed?
Actually I've been almost entirely out of this discussion for about a month now. I've probably posted in less than 5% of these threads since that time, maybe less. Check if you like...you'll see nothing but a very few random comments...and multiple suggestions that this argument is tiresome and redundant.

So you're wrong again...in other words, business as usual.

tsiguy96
08-09-2009, 08:27 AM
What's weird is that you don't get the simple fact that 100% of your opinion is based on what Bowlen/McDaniels told you happened. NONE of it's based on evidence, only what you choose to accept as true. Yet you continue to delude yourself into thinking you "know" what happened, which you don't.

Actually I've been almost entirely out of this discussion for about a month now. I've probably posted in less than 5% of these threads since that time, maybe less. Check if you like...you'll see nothing but a very few random comments...and multiple suggestions that this argument is tiresome and redundant.

So you're wrong again...in other words, business as usual.

its called a timeline of events, if you follow it properly, from cutler saying he wants to be traded, then saying he didnt afterwards, then champ bailey coming out saying he woudlnt respond to him during his crybaby phase, if you combine it all together, you quickly see that very little of the blame falls on mcdaniels. mcdaniels would not gaurantee him a roster spot from most accounts, saying if we can help the team we will, cutler took offense to that and went home crying. but then when commenting on jason campbell, he praised him for staying at work and leading the team. odd, he knows what is the right thing to do, and chose not to do it. as soon as he got to chicago he said chicago fans are more passionate than denver fans, yet again you just dis-count that.

we believe the FO because their story makes sense, cutler does not even propose a story, he says "there is things they would have done diff, things i would have done diff" yet the FO disagrees, they would not coddle him like he wanted. you choose to dis-count all the evidence against jay cutler thinking he could do no wrong, when in reality the entire FO has gone in the media the last month talking about how they could not get a hold of him at any point during his holdout, and if they could have hed still be a bronco. a professional does not sit at home refusing to answer his phone at all, regardless of their feelings. this is a business, he needs to treat it like one, sitting at home refusing to talk to anyone is such a babyish antic its ridiculous, i dont know if its ever happened in the NFL before.

RMT
08-09-2009, 08:29 AM
cutler should follow Madea's advice "put the 'shut' to the 'up'"

Kaylore
08-09-2009, 08:31 AM
NFC North's fans are hard core about camp and all that. Lambeau sells out their inter-squad scrimmage, for crying out loud.

Broncoman13
08-09-2009, 08:36 AM
lying sack of ****. back tracking because you are looking like a giant dillwad in the minds of the league by talking **** about the fans who were enamored with you for 3 years.

**** ****LER!!!!!!!

Uhh,you think maybe he has a point? There were 13000+ fans at the Broncos open practice at Mile High... The Bears just doubled that at Soldier Field with more than 27000. That and we're coming dangerously close to being like Philly fans... booing in practices.

Cutler is a douche, but he isn't wrong here.

Broncoman13
08-09-2009, 08:39 AM
Yep.

It's cool when we all bag on the wine and cheese crowd at Invesco these days and how we've lost our 12th man edge, but if Cutler does it, hell, it's a nuclear meltdown around here.

Fact is, Cutler was correct in his assessment of the fans that attend the game. Most of the diehards have been priced out of the stadium and are watching the game on TV somewhere.

For the most part, the fans in the stadium have lost the sense of community and fan pride that goes along with it. And it's not a new phenomeon to Denver. It's happening in a lot of cities were the fans are being driven out of the stadium due to the cost.

This

footstepsfrom#27
08-09-2009, 08:40 AM
its called a timeline of events, if you follow it properly, from cutler saying he wants to be traded, then saying he didnt afterwards, then champ bailey coming out saying he woudlnt respond to him during his crybaby phase, if you combine it all together, you quickly see that very little of the blame falls on mcdaniels. mcdaniels would not gaurantee him a roster spot from most accounts, saying if we can help the team we will, cutler took offense to that and went home crying. but then when commenting on jason campbell, he praised him for staying at work and leading the team. odd, he knows what is the right thing to do, and chose not to do it. as soon as he got to chicago he said chicago fans are more passionate than denver fans, yet again you just dis-count that.

we believe the FO because their story makes sense, cutler does not even propose a story, he says "there is things they would have done diff, things i would have done diff" yet the FO disagrees, they would not coddle him like he wanted. you choose to dis-count all the evidence against jay cutler thinking he could do no wrong, when in reality the entire FO has gone in the media the last month talking about how they could not get a hold of him at any point during his holdout, and if they could have hed still be a bronco. a professional does not sit at home refusing to answer his phone at all, regardless of their feelings. this is a business, he needs to treat it like one, sitting at home refusing to talk to anyone is such a babyish antic its ridiculous, i dont know if its ever happened in the NFL before.
Don't try to tell me what happened, because you were not there, nor do you know any more than anyone else on this board what went on behind closed doors. What in your entire experience with me would lead you to believe you can convince me that your POV is the correct one? I would assume you know by now it's a waste of time to regurgitate this same story over and over again...where has it got you so far?

The point is not what happened. The point is...things are being said on both ends and some fans hypocritically think they should be able to say anything they want to about this guy, no hold barred, nothing is off limits, even the basics of simple class...and then you're surprised if he's not impressed with you as fans?

You react to the slightest offense and even simple differences of opinion with targeted personal criticism...yet you question why Cutler would react to thousands of nasty fan comments by doing the same?

Is that logical to you?

Taco John
08-09-2009, 08:54 AM
I'm confused. Are the Cutler Widowers the ones who talk bitterly about the guy non stop like a divorced wife who walked in on the babysitter doing things that she'd never dream of doing herself, or are they the ones who shrug whenever Cutler threads come up?

footstepsfrom#27
08-09-2009, 08:57 AM
I'm confused. Are the Cutler Widowers the ones who talk bitterly about the guy non stop like a divorced wife who walked in on the babysitter doing things that she'd never dream of doing herself, or are they the ones who shrug whenever Cutler threads come up?
http://www.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/675276/2/istockphoto_675276-target-bullseye.jpg

Rock Chalk
08-09-2009, 09:25 AM
CHICAGO (AP)—Chicago Bears quarterback Jay Cutler(notes) said Saturday that comments about the Denver Broncos that he made during a recent radio interview were aimed at Denver’s training camp, not its fans.

Cutler, traded by the Broncos to the Bears in the spring, sought Saturday to clarify comments he made in an interview earlier in the week, when he had given Chicago a nine and Denver a six on a scale of one to 10.

“Denver’s got great fans,” Cutler said following the Bears’ workout at Soldier Field before a crowd of 27,793 fans. “I wasn’t saying anything about their fans.”

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AsNzRc3UjsEnOF48oFQ1_MVDubYF?slug=ap-bearscamp&prov=ap&type=lgns

Just like yo u never wanted to be traded huh Jay?

Just like Pat never called you huh Jay?

****ing liar./

Rock Chalk
08-09-2009, 09:27 AM
Uhh,you think maybe he has a point? There were 13000+ fans at the Broncos open practice at Mile High... The Bears just doubled that at Soldier Field with more than 27000. That and we're coming dangerously close to being like Philly fans... booing in practices.

Sorry, but people in Denver work. WHat can we say, Chicago has more lazy bums :)

Broncoman13
08-09-2009, 09:28 AM
... at 6 in the evening?

Miss I.
08-09-2009, 09:45 AM
1. Jay may or may not have had a point about some fans....it's an OPINION, not a fact. I have heard Denver fans talk and write some pretty nasty things about players still on their roster (Jake Plummer had some of the most repulsive things I have ever seen written about him and posted on websites) Again, only opinions all and frankly should not be a mass conviction of all the fans. Otherwise since Bobo is a football fan technically, that would make all football fans jackasses.

2. Going or not going to training camp is not the sole determination of what makes a fan. What makes a good fan? Hell if I know for sure, but not wishing for your team to lose or fail is a start. It'd be even better if one actively supported the team instead of booing them. Negative reinforcement doesn't really work and it makes us look like whiny children. This doesn't mean we can't constructively criticize our team, it just means keep that **** in the lockeroom or at home. Don't go to the press and don't go to other fan boards and openly talk crap about your own team and it's fans. What happens in your family/team, stays internal.

Anyway take it for what it's worth, an opinion no more or less than that.

CEH
08-09-2009, 09:55 AM
I thought Denver's turnout was way more than anticipated considering the weather an 1 1/2 before practice. At 4:00 pm right before I went down , they were saying to stay inside if you have no reason to be outside and how and where to seek shelter

I also think CHI with more than twice the population would not have turned out at 28K if the roles were reversed and Denver was the team entertaining a pro bowl QB for the first time vs a 4 year journeyman

Inkana7
08-09-2009, 09:58 AM
Er...yes you were, Jay.

SoCalBronco
08-09-2009, 10:03 AM
You react to the slightest offense and even simple differences of opinion with targeted personal criticism...yet you question why Cutler would react to thousands of nasty fan comments by doing the same?

Is that logical to you?

Bingo. I find it amusing for the same people who have been making highly personal insults against Cutler (hoping for diabetes related problems, etc.) get their panties in a bunch when he says something that offends them. If you are going to run your mouth about Jay...there shouldn't be a problem with him dishing it back in your face.

broncofan2438
08-09-2009, 10:09 AM
August 30th...Cutler going down

RMT
08-09-2009, 10:12 AM
i guess if having a home sellout streak extending all the way back to the early 70s constitutes a "6" then i'll accept that ... btw, how many games in a row have the bears sold out? i bet it doesn't come close to the 300+ the Broncos have.

tsiguy96
08-09-2009, 10:21 AM
Bingo. I find it amusing for the same people who have been making highly personal insults against Cutler (hoping for diabetes related problems, etc.) get their panties in a bunch when he says something that offends them. If you are going to run your mouth about Jay...there shouldn't be a problem with him dishing it back in your face.

people wishing him **** like that should shut the **** up. i just hope he fails miserably at 100% health so there is no excuses.

Kid A
08-09-2009, 10:22 AM
Yep.

Eh, it's one thing for fans to complain about how the environment has changed at the stadium, but for a guy whose income more or less came from the butts in those seats (many of them wearing his jersey) it was kind of a dick move to knock them for a lack of passion.

Are there complaints to be had about the state of the gameday crowd at Invesco? Perhaps, but the quotes from Jay came across as a general diss toward a lot of people who gave him a lot of appreciation and support. I think that's why people got pissed, not because they think Denver fans have been amazing.

Broncoman13
08-09-2009, 10:32 AM
I thought Denver's turnout was way more than anticipated considering the weather an 1 1/2 before practice. At 4:00 pm right before I went down , they were saying to stay inside if you have no reason to be outside and how and where to seek shelter

I also think CHI with more than twice the population would not have turned out at 28K if the roles were reversed and Denver was the team entertaining a pro bowl QB for the first time vs a 4 year journeyman

That is a good point.

Broncoman13
08-09-2009, 10:39 AM
i guess if having a home sellout streak extending all the way back to the early 70s constitutes a "6" then i'll accept that ... btw, how many games in a row have the bears sold out? i bet it doesn't come close to the 300+ the Broncos have.

1984, 210 games. They aren't hurting. They don't go back to 1970 like the Broncos, but they aren't hurting. Kind of hard to compare anyone (save for the Skins) to the Broncos in terms of sellouts. Now, how many of those fans show up to the game is a different story. It was pretty sad last year vs the Bills. Almost 10k empty seats.

azbroncfan
08-09-2009, 10:42 AM
Zzzz......

footstepsfrom#27
08-09-2009, 10:48 AM
1984, 210 games. They aren't hurting. They don't go back to 1970 like the Broncos, but they aren't hurting. Kind of hard to compare anyone (save for the Skins) to the Broncos in terms of sellouts. Now, how many of those fans show up to the game is a different story. It was pretty sad last year vs the Bills. Almost 10k empty seats.
Part of the reason Denver sells out every game is because nearly all the tickets are season tickets...they are ALREADY sold before the season even starts. Last I looked, they had something like 1,000 single seats to sell. As you noted...not everyone is coming to the games anymore.

Nobody who has been here for long thinks the Invesco crowd and the Mile High crowd are the same. They're not, and that old passion has gone with the fans who can't afford the price any more.

Sad...I wish we could bring back Mile High again.

Broncoman13
08-09-2009, 10:50 AM
Eh, it's one thing for fans to complain about how the environment has changed at the stadium, but for a guy whose income more or less came from the butts in those seats (many of them wearing his jersey) it was kind of a dick move to knock them for a lack of passion.

Are there complaints to be had about the state of the gameday crowd at Invesco? Perhaps, but the quotes from Jay came across as a general diss toward a lot of people who gave him a lot of appreciation and support. I think that's why people got pissed, not because they think Denver fans have been amazing.

Yep.

Popps
08-09-2009, 11:11 AM
What's weird is that you don't get the simple fact that bla bla bla.....

Yea, you just keep posting on this thread over and over, boss. You know, since it's OTHER people that are so obsessed with Quitler.

Hilarious!

Popps
08-09-2009, 11:14 AM
Bingo. I find it amusing for the same people who have been making highly personal insults against Cutler (hoping for diabetes related problems, etc.)

Oh, now... c'mon, SoCal. I love you, buddy... but you're the last one that should be talking about taking things to a personal level, no?

Taco's Gutless Drunk slander had nothing on the very personal venom you were spitting out at anyone in a Broncos-radius until just recently.

Most of the criticism about Jay's heavy drinking was questioning the logic of drinking with his disease, not "hoping" he had diabetes-related problems.

Again, probably just an area you should leave alone, considering what's gone down.

theAPAOps5
08-09-2009, 11:19 AM
If you listened to the whole interview you can easily figure out he was talking about training camp. He acknowledged that Dove Valley can't accomodate practice like Soldier Field can.

What do you expect him to say on a Chicago radio station. The only thing he could have done better is just use a canned answer about appreciating all fans in Denver and looking forward to the support from the fans in Chicago.

But Cutler has never been to good at his public relations speak.

Eh I still think the guy is a douche on the highest order but this was way overblown if you ask me.

footstepsfrom#27
08-09-2009, 11:33 AM
Yea, you just keep posting on this thread over and over, boss. You know, since it's OTHER people that are so obsessed with Quitler.

Hilarious!
I have 5 posts (now 6) on this thread.

1 is exclusively limited to comments on the new stadium, not Cutler
1 reps TJ with nothing but a graphic.
2 are responding to your silly ass to state that I've been on the sidelines for weeks in the Cutler wars.

Only 2 are about Cutler.

Reading is not your strong suit is it?

BroncoBuff
08-09-2009, 11:36 AM

Yes, none of it matters. Besides, the first comment was really just a (well-deserved) compliment to Bears fans for their attendance.

BroncoBuff
08-09-2009, 11:53 AM

Well said.

Punisher
08-09-2009, 11:58 AM
http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z268/OsiOy/FunnyGif5.gif

BroncoBuff
08-09-2009, 12:12 PM

Exactly. I reported from Dove Valley for 5 days and SoCal for a more than a week, and neither of us "Cutler widows" mentioned Jay even once.

Now I come home and sign on ... and there's Popps and the rest still obsessing.

He's gone, guys ... get over it.

Steve Prefontaine
08-09-2009, 12:36 PM

This can't be quoted enough...

Popps
08-09-2009, 12:37 PM
I have 5 posts (now 6) on this thread.
?

Wow, that's a lot for a guy preaching that the world "get over it."

Yea... you, Taco and company just keep racking up those post-counts shouting about how over the whole thing you are and how you just can't be bothered.

Keep telling us. Maybe in a few thousand more posts of you rushing to Quitler's defense, we'll believe you!

See, the difference here is... most of the fun I see people having at Jay's expense is being done by people who make no apologies for their opinions. Passionate fans sometimes behave passionately. We don't need to apologize for our opinions.

So, seems to me like you folks who claim to be beyond the whole thing could just simply avoid the threads.

Yet, here you are... all of you... protecting your Jay and racking up those post counts!

ROFL!

lex
08-09-2009, 12:39 PM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v359/lexlucid/glenn_close_fatal_attraction.jpg

Rock Chalk
*yawn*

Bronx33
Jay just quit talking ok i don't care anymore you are dead to me...

oubronco
08-09-2009, 12:42 PM

I want one of those babysitters :thumbsup:

footstepsfrom#27
08-09-2009, 12:43 PM

Yea... you, Taco and company just keep racking up those post-counts shouting about how over the whole thing you are and how you just can't be bothered.

Keep telling us. Maybe in a few thousand more posts of you rushing to Quitler's defense, we'll believe you!

See, the difference here is... most of the fun I see people having at Jay's expense is being done by people who make no apologies for their opinions. Passionate fans sometimes behave passionately. We don't need to apologize for our opinions.

So, seems to me like you folks who claim to be beyond the whole thing could just simply avoid the threads.

Yet, here you are... all of you... protecting your Jay and racking up those post counts!

ROFL!
As I noted above, and as you aptly demonstrate here...reading is not your strong suit. Apparently you need not only Cutler, but his defenders as well in you never ending quest for greater self gratification. As for avoiding the threads, that's not possible when you and your tribe wish to turn literally every single post on this board into another hate filled diatribe about a guy who no longer plays here. Even the most inoculous comment will represent an opportunity for you to go off your rocker once again.

What...exactly, do you get from this anyway? Just curious...seems like at some point even you would lose interest.

I guess not...

broncocalijohn
08-09-2009, 12:47 PM

are you now a Bears fan? When did it become "you" and not "We"? Reminds me of LABF when he would say "Your president". We are all in this together regardless of how you feel about Orton and the Douche.

Popps
08-09-2009, 12:55 PM
are you now a Bears fan? When did it become "you" and not "We"? Reminds me of LABF when he would say "Your president". We are all in this together regardless of how you feel about Orton and the Douche.

Rep.

footstepsfrom#27
08-09-2009, 01:01 PM
Reading's not really your strong point either is it?

BroncoBuff
08-09-2009, 01:03 PM

ROFL!
LOL

Taco, I guess he'll never get over it ... :oyvey:

broncocalijohn
08-09-2009, 01:07 PM
Reading's not really your strong point either is it?

lol! I read it perfectly and I think everyone else can too! You dont want to be associated with Orton (or possibly the team) so you put Your instead of We.

footstepsfrom#27
08-09-2009, 01:08 PM
lol! I read it perfectly...
No...you didn't.

Broncoman13
08-09-2009, 01:27 PM
lol! I read it perfectly and I think everyone else can too! You dont want to be associated with Orton (or possibly the team) so you put Your instead of We.

Pretty sure I read it that way.

Pretty sure Popps has an axe to grind with Cutler and thus his spite.

Pretty sure I agree with Buff.

Pretty sure somebody could post the Broncos had a great menu on Thursday and somebody would come on here and post something along the lines of, "see McD isn't the anti-christ after all... it was Jay Cutler all along", even though it hasn't nothing to do with either of them.

Pretty sure this whole thing is getting old. bcj said it best, We're in this together.

footstepsfrom#27
08-09-2009, 01:42 PM
Here's how you should have read it;

There are three instances of "you" in view:

1) First "you" is Popps and his minions; "Why do you (Popps, etc) care?"
2) Second "you" refers back to the first "you" with dependence; "(since) 'you' have a new QB..."
3) Third "you" is a question...again for Popps, etc...; "Why do you care?"

Since "I" don't fall into this category (Popps + minnions), "I" am not included here...and neither are "you" unless "you" fit the criteria listed.

Simple.

Bronx33
08-09-2009, 01:49 PM
Popps has minions? color me jealous.

tsiguy96
08-09-2009, 01:51 PM
the difference is jay cutler is a professional, and thus should act like one, not reinforce the crybaby image that he carries. just because the fans of the team that he cried his way off him dont like him anymore doesnt mean that he, as a professional and supposed "role model", get to sit here and insult the very people that padded his wallet and supported him while he was here.

Broncojef
08-09-2009, 01:53 PM
Cutler did nothing while here and now plays for another team, could care less about his clarification. Everything will be clear when we see how you perform with the bears crybaby. go orton, go McDaniel, GO BRONCOS!!!

BroncoBuff
08-09-2009, 02:17 PM
What is the one thing all these latter-day Cutler fights have in common? Popps.

Like I said, I just got back from 5 days reporting at Dove Valley, and SoCal is just finishing 8 days. We are among the biggest Cutler widows on the board, and yet there was NO mention of Jay in ANY of the thousands of words we wrote and spoke in the podcasts.

After all that time, we come back on the board now, and Popps is STILL obsessing. Sad really.

footstepsfrom#27
08-09-2009, 02:24 PM
What is the one thing all these latter-day Cutler fights have in common? Popps.

Like I said, I just got back from 5 days reporting at Dove Valley, and SoCal is just finishing 8 days. We are among the biggest Cutler widows on the board, and yet there was NO mention of Jay in ANY of the thousands of words we wrote and spoke in the podcasts.
Yeah...well I'm not so sure about that. We may need to break down your grammar to see if you're still a Bronco fan or not. :kiss:

Bronx33
08-09-2009, 02:28 PM
you guys sure do put in alot time pointing out popps obsessions.

Bronco Rob
08-09-2009, 02:40 PM
updated 11:21 p.m. CT, Sat., Aug 8, 2009
CHICAGO - Chicago Bears quarterback Jay Cutler said Saturday that comments about the Denver Broncos that he made during a recent radio interview were aimed at Denver’s training camp, not its fans.

Instead, Cutler said he was comparing the two team’s training camps.

“I was saying stuff about our camp at Bourbonnais (Ill.) and just how expansive it is and how much money and effort and energy they put into it down there,” Cutler said. “We get 11,000 fans on a Saturday. If it wasn’t for the fans coming out like that, we wouldn’t have to have such a big camp.

“Every NFL team has great fans. That’s why the NFL and football is the No. 1 sport in this country, because the fans are great everywhere we go.”

Cutler said he heard that Denver fans booed former Chicago quarterback Kyle Orton during a Broncos scrimmage.

“It’s a tough situation,” Cutler said. “With (former coach) Mike (Shanahan) gone, new coaches, they’ve got pretty much a whole new roster out there. It’s hard for the fans. They’re coming along, but it’s early. It’s early in camp.

“If they win some games, anywhere you go if you win some games, then they’ll get on your side.”

On the field, Cutler estimated that about 90 percent to 95 percent of Chicago’s offense has played in practice. But he said the Bears but haven’t spent much time working on rollout or misdirection passes that he has often been effective at in the past.

“This defense we’re going against with the Bears, they kind of prevent that,” he said. “So we’re not getting as much work as we like to.

“But it’s definitely going to be part of our package.”

Cutler’s biggest concern is locating good targets. Wide receiver Brandon Rideau has excelled the first nine days of practice and got to work with the first team Saturday ahead of Earl Bennett in some drills.

“We’ve got to find some guys we can trust other than Earl and Devin (Hester) and the tight ends,” Cutler said. “We’re getting there. I’m real happy with the receiving group right now.”

Bears quarterback Jay Cutler recently gave the fans of his new team a "9", and the fans of his old team a "6".

And Cutler's now trying to clarify that, by saying that Broncos fans are a "6", he wasn't saying that Broncos fans are a "6".

In other words, he was confirming Brian Urlacher's alleged assessment of him.

"Denver's got great fans," Cutler said Saturday, according to the Associated Press. "I wasn't saying anything about their fans."

"I was saying stuff about our camp at Bourbonnais and just how expansive it is and how much money and effort and energy they put into it down there," Cutler said. "We get 11,000 fans on a Saturday. If it wasn't for the fans coming out like that, we wouldn't have to have such a big camp.

"Every NFL team has great fans. That's why the NFL and football is the No. 1 sport in this country, because the fans are great everywhere we go."

Fine. Then why didn't Cutler confine his remarks to Bears fans? Why mention Broncos fans at all?

We'd have a lot more respect for Cutler on this one if he'd either stuck to his guns or if he'd simply apologized. Regardless of whether his prior comments insulted Broncos fans, his lame explanation insults the intelligence of everyone who reads it.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/32346487/ns/sports-nfl/

:rofl:

Rigs11
08-09-2009, 03:53 PM
Too bad Dawkins won't be able to play when ****ler comes to town. I would have loved to see Dawkins put him on his ass.

BroncoBuff
08-09-2009, 04:25 PM
Too bad Dawkins won't be able to play when ****ler comes to town. I would have loved to see Dawkins put him on his ass.
I don't really care about that game, though it'll be fun to watch.

I'm just hoping da' Bearss tank in the regular season. I want Sam Bradford ;D

BroncoBuff
08-09-2009, 04:29 PM

Revenge is a waste of time because there's nobody left on our defense that even knows him.

Kaylore
08-09-2009, 05:44 PM
I want minions too!

Bronx33
08-09-2009, 05:48 PM
I want minions too!

Get in line PAL!

frerottenextelway
08-09-2009, 06:17 PM
Is Chicago now our biggest out of division rival?

I know it used to be Cleveland, but that's almost dead. Seattle isn't a rival anymore, that was forever ago. Indianapolis? Maybe.

Rigs11
08-09-2009, 08:39 PM
Revenge is a waste of time because there's nobody left on our defense that even knows him.

What about DOOMerville?

broncocalijohn
08-09-2009, 08:51 PM

I know it used to be Cleveland, but that's almost dead. Seattle isn't a rival anymore, that was forever ago. Indianapolis? Maybe.

I would say Colts as we need some revenge factor on them.

tsiguy96
08-09-2009, 08:54 PM

i would say indy, except its not really a rivalry, more like a yearly beating they give us.

Atwater His Ass
08-09-2009, 08:55 PM

For me it's New England, then a toss up between Indy and Pitt.

Chicago, or really any NFC team, will never be considered a large rivalry game. The only exception would have been Seattle for the obvious reasons, but like you said, that's dead.

Even with the new scheduling, you just aren't playing NFC teams on a regular basis, and when you do, it doesn't mean near as much as playing an AFC team.

Pseudofool
08-09-2009, 09:00 PM
I'm not sure what Cutler could do or say that would lead many stringent posters to concede that he's a bit of douchebag and likely wanted out of town, perhaps even with Shanny here. We learned something about the dude's character, and you guys can pretend all you want that Cutler would have been a lifetime Bronco, but there's not much to suggest he was devoted the team, the city, or the fanbase.

I hear Cutler is a nice guy in person, though.

baja
08-09-2009, 09:08 PM
Will the authors of posts 4 and 5 please try and get in touch with your feminine side and not bury those hurt feelings, they will harm you some day... ;D

Be like footsteps and have a good cry for yourselves...

Atwater His Ass
08-09-2009, 09:44 PM
I'm not sure what Cutler could do or say that would lead many stringent posters to concede that he's a bit of douchebag and likely wanted out of town, perhaps even with Shanny here. We learned something about the dude's character, and you guys can pretend all you want that Cutler would have been a lifetime Bronco, but there's not much to suggest he was devoted the team, the city, or the fanbase.

No one had a problem with Cutler or his persona prior to this off-season. It's just a bunch of homers enjoying sour grapes.

baja
08-09-2009, 10:04 PM
*yawn*

Stop that, you are making me yawn!

baja
08-09-2009, 10:08 PM

Pretty sure Popps has an axe to grind with Cutler and thus his spite.

Pretty sure I agree with Buff.

Pretty sure somebody could post the Broncos had a great menu on Thursday and somebody would come on here and post something along the lines of, "see McD isn't the anti-christ after all... it was Jay Cutler all along", even though it hasn't nothing to do with either of them.

Pretty sure this whole thing is getting old. bcj said it best, We're in this together.

What do you know you Cripple Creek Hippie!! ;D

TheReverend
08-09-2009, 10:20 PM
I want minions too!

You posted this in the wrong section... you meant to post it in this "Caption This" thread:

http://sports.popcrunch.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/josh-mcdaniels-new-broncos-coach.jpg

tsiguy96
08-09-2009, 10:24 PM
No one had a problem with Cutler or his persona prior to this off-season. It's just a bunch of homers enjoying sour grapes.

yea, mopey jay who could barely handle pressure was NEVER EVER talked about before this offseason. good call.

Boobs McGee
08-09-2009, 10:25 PM
i would say indy, except its not really a rivalry, more like a yearly beating they give us.

Those back to back playoff beatdowns were just about more than I could handle.

****ing roc alexander.

:pity:

i. hate. indy.

DivineBronco
08-09-2009, 11:10 PM
Those back to back playoff beatdowns were just about more than I could handle.

****ing roc alexander.

:pity:

i. hate. indy.

dear god I had totally blocked out roc alexander..................i need a drink

BroncoMan4ever
08-09-2009, 11:32 PM

give me a break about the Bears having a better fanbase than the Broncos. our franchises streak of shutouts going all the way back to the early 70s, is better than almost any other franchise not only in football, but in american sports.

the Bears can't say that, they hit a rough patches in their seasons and the fans don't show up, but when they have a shiny new toy, suddenly they are all back.

Broncos fans not only show up when the team is good, but even in an offseason where we lost our QB, and coaching staff, as well as the Goodmans and the team is in the most unknown territory it has been in, in years we set a record for the amount of fans who showed up to a practice.

add in the sheer population difference between the 2 locations. Denver fans are better

Cutler is a moron, and everyone knows it.

BroncoMan4ever
08-09-2009, 11:34 PM
This offseason is awesome.

how sad is it to be a Chiefs fan when after an offseason where the entire Broncos franchise has been blown up and rebuilt in a new way, that your Chiefs are still going to finish the season behind us in the standings?

footstepsfrom#27
08-10-2009, 12:36 AM
Will the authors of posts 4 and 5 please try and get in touch with your feminine side and not bury those hurt feelings, they will harm you some day... ;D

Be like footsteps and have a good cry for yourselves...
Speaking of minions...

Popps
08-10-2009, 12:54 AM
Popps has minions? color me jealous.

Want to be one? You qualify.

I'll join your league of minions once you start yours. It'll be a minion-trade.

Cito Pelon
08-10-2009, 01:29 AM
I want minions too!

Minions? Minions? We don't need no stinking minions!

Cito Pelon
08-10-2009, 01:35 AM

Please.

BroncoMan4ever
08-10-2009, 01:48 AM

maybe when he is hammered. although he tends to be hammered all the time, so maybe he is a nice guy. i hear he is a dick and a douchebag all the time though

rastaman
08-10-2009, 10:53 AM
the difference is jay cutler is a professional, and thus should act like one, not reinforce the crybaby image that he carries. just because the fans of the team that he cried his way off him dont like him anymore doesnt mean that he, as a professional and supposed "role model", get to sit here and insult the very people that padded his wallet and supported him while he was here.

So b/c Cutler is the professional......he should except any shete some Bronco fans decide to dish out w/o saying a word! Why are the very fans that have called Cutler every name in the Book getting upset when Cutler calls you guys a bunch of douches and crybaby's.....whats wrong are you guys truly that thin skin and sensitive! Point is, if you insult someone...expect insults to be returned to you.

tsiguy96
08-10-2009, 10:57 AM
So b/c Cutler is the professional......he should except any shete some Bronco fans decide to dish out w/o saying a word! Why are the very fans that have called Cutler every name in the Book getting upset when Cutler calls you guys a bunch of douches and crybaby's.....whats wrong are you guys truly that thin skin and sensitive! Point is, if you insult someone...expect insults to be returned to you.

why did you all get pissed when plummer flipped off the fans? what did we ever say about cutler before he cried his way out of town? at worst, that he is immature and needs to develop better leadership skills. then we saw the REAL jay cutler, after he stabbed this team in teh back by sitting at home and crying until he got traded. at that point, we deserve to call him every name in the book because they are TRUE. if hes gonna sit here and call out the fans that supported him for so long, then turned on his bitch only after he turned on us, then he is worse than any of us ever thought, which is most likely the case.

Pseudofool
08-10-2009, 11:05 AM
maybe when he is hammered. although he tends to be hammered all the time, so maybe he is a nice guy. i hear he is a dick and a douchebag all the time thoughYou missed the sarcasm, my friend.

Pseudofool
08-10-2009, 11:07 AM

That's not true; we simply overlooked his douchbaggyness because he was our guy. The spats with Rivers, the drinking, and the general dickiness to the common man all existed previously to January. He was our guy so we overlooked it or discounted it.

rastaman
08-10-2009, 11:10 AM
why did you all get pissed when plummer flipped off the fans? what did we ever say about cutler before he cried his way out of town? at worst, that he is immature and needs to develop better leadership skills. then we saw the REAL jay cutler, after he stabbed this team in teh back by sitting at home and crying until he got traded. at that point, we deserve to call him every name in the book because they are TRUE. if hes gonna sit here and call out the fans that supported him for so long, then turned on his b**** only after he turned on us, then he is worse than any of us ever thought, which is most likely the case.

Cutler gave the four finger salute in the direction the heckling was coming from. I thought it was hilarious. Players are human to and some fans behavior at games can get down right ridiculous. Its better that Cutler shot the bird at these fans vs going up into the stands a beating the living crap out the fans using his helmets on them.

Lastly, you can't blame Cutler with what transpired with him getting traded. McD should also share in the blame. It takes two to tangle.

tsiguy96
08-10-2009, 11:21 AM
Cutler gave the four finger salute in the direction the heckling was coming from. I thought it was hilarious. Players are human to and some fans behavior at games can get down right ridiculous. Its better that Cutler shot the bird at these fans vs going up into the stands a beating the living crap out the fans using his helmets on them.

Lastly, you can't blame Cutler with what transpired with him getting traded. McD should also share in the blame. It takes two to tangle.

sure you can blame cutler. when he gets trade talks about him, he sits at home until he gets what he wants. jason campbell was almost traded for about 3 different QBs, and when media asked cutler what campbell should do, cutler praised campbell for staying there and being the leader on the field. cutler KNOWS what is right and wrong,yet he felt he was above all that and should get what he wants because hes jay cutler. mcd is the coach he has the right to do what eh thinks makes this team better, just like champ bailey said you cant get offended if you are talked about in trade talks because football is a business, champ was traded after going to 4 pro bowls. yet jay cutler is above all that. and finally, pat bowlen ordered the final trade of jay cutler, mcd was gonna keep him here and let things settle down. why a player of a team would not even talk to the owner of that team is beyond me, but apparently jay thinks he can do that.

and id LOVE to see jay cutler try to go to the fans and fight one of them. that would do a lot for his already perfect reputation.

rastaman
08-10-2009, 11:52 AM
sure you can blame cutler. when he gets trade talks about him, he sits at home until he gets what he wants. jason campbell was almost traded for about 3 different QBs, and when media asked cutler what campbell should do, cutler praised campbell for staying there and being the leader on the field. cutler KNOWS what is right and wrong,yet he felt he was above all that and should get what he wants because hes jay cutler. mcd is the coach he has the right to do what eh thinks makes this team better, just like champ bailey said you cant get offended if you are talked about in trade talks because football is a business, champ was traded after going to 4 pro bowls. yet jay cutler is above all that. and finally, pat bowlen ordered the final trade of jay cutler, mcd was gonna keep him here and let things settle down. why a player of a team would not even talk to the owner of that team is beyond me, but apparently jay thinks he can do that.

and id LOVE to see jay cutler try to go to the fans and fight one of them. that would do a lot for his already perfect reputation.

I'd go as far as say that McD let Cutler know that had he had the chance to trade for Cassel vs keeping Cutler, McD would have chosen Cassel. And McD let Cutler know he would do whatever is in the best interest of the team. So McD was basically telling Cutler he wasn't that important, and given the opportunity to replace him....he wouldn't hesistate to do so. I don't have the article in front me, but we know how both sides handled the situation....and simply put compromise would have been the best way out of this problem, but neither side compromised.

Punisher
08-10-2009, 12:07 PM
Why isn't this in the Off Topic Area?

Blueflame
08-10-2009, 12:30 PM
Why isn't this in the Off Topic Area?

On-season mode means the main forum is "football-only".... not "Broncos-only"...

TailgateNut
08-10-2009, 12:33 PM
On-season mode means the main forum is "football-only".... not "Broncos-only"...

So, discussions about PANSIES are ok?

Abqbronco
08-10-2009, 12:44 PM

It was freakin' cold. I was there with my kids but man... It was cold.

baja
08-10-2009, 01:19 PM
I want minions too!

http://michaeldoig.net/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/img-5543-1.jpg

Don't know why you want minnows but here ya go...

baja
08-10-2009, 01:29 PM
I'd go as far as say that McD let Cutler know that had he had the chance to trade for Cassel vs keeping Cutler, McD would have chosen Cassel. And McD let Cutler know he would do whatever is in the best interest of the team. So McD was basically telling Cutler he wasn't that important, and given the opportunity to replace him....he wouldn't hesistate to do so. I don't have the article in front me, but we know how both sides handled the situation....and simply put compromise would have been the best way out of this problem, but neither side compromised.

I think it went like this;

Jay; I'm special

Josh; I'm a team first type coach and no one is special on my teams

jay; But Coach Shanahan said I was a franchise quarterback.

Josh;Shanahan is not the coach, I am and you are one of 52 players

Jay; I expect to be treated better than all the others

Josh; Than you are in the wrong place.

Jay; Wah i wanted to be traded.

Josh; OK

DrFate
08-10-2009, 01:41 PM
What difference does it make? If he says Denver is a paradise or a steaming pile of poo? Go to the preseason game, boo him, and move on with life.

Is this fanbase ever going to start paying attention to the players wearing the predominantly orange again?

Steve Sewell
08-10-2009, 03:11 PM
Who cares about Cutler? He's not even on our team, in our conference, or in our division.

Northman
08-10-2009, 03:31 PM
As i said on the other site. Jay should go into politics. He is great at spinning.