PDA

View Full Version : New madden exclusive..

iDENVER
08-08-2009, 11:12 PM
so i got madden 10 a little early do to some connections and the broncos r not all that great in the game. overall rating is 70, the oakland raiders have a 71 :rofl:. However knowshon is a monster

Doggcow
08-08-2009, 11:17 PM
I prefer them to be lower rated. Otherwise it looks like bandwagon, plus it's funnier beating the steelers and pats bandwagon with lower rated teams. The trick is having players you can work with, and we have that. Brandon Marshall, Eddie Royal, Knowshon Moreno, Champ Bailey Brian Dawkins, DJ Williams. If you have guys you can focus your team through and utilize I find your team is better than a solid team across the board because you have to play smarter and better than the chodes that use high rated teams.

FireFly
08-08-2009, 11:39 PM
Well, while I'm happy to believe that you have it, the overall ratings have been available for a month now... come to think of it, so have the individual player ratings.

Nevertheless, I'll play along what's it like? Worth the $$$?

Killericon
08-08-2009, 11:47 PM
I hate you.

Doggcow
08-08-2009, 11:52 PM
Why does it matter if he got it early? Noone will be online to play against, not to mention he'll just get burned out on it that much sooner lol

Drek
08-09-2009, 01:52 AM
Well, while I'm happy to believe that you have it, the overall ratings have been available for a month now... come to think of it, so have the individual player ratings.

Nevertheless, I'll play along what's it like? Worth the $$$?

It shipped like three days ago, stores all over the country have broken street date, like they always do. Anyone who wants to do a little research and put the leg work in could get a copy at this point.

chadta
08-09-2009, 08:53 AM
it can already be downloaded if you know where to look

UberBroncoMan
08-09-2009, 08:55 AM
so i got madden 10 a little early do to some connections and the broncos r not all that great in the game. overall rating is 70, the oakland raiders have a 71 :rofl:. However knowshon is a monster

Really? I woulda thought different seeing how slow he is...

I always go speed and it kicks everyone's ass (yes the Oakland strat works in a video game)

tsiguy96
08-09-2009, 09:16 AM
i just think its funny, how can a team with such a solid oline and running game be predicted to be SO bad? not to mention 2 amazing WR, a really good TE, a solid secondary and good ILB....

Broncoman13
08-09-2009, 09:30 AM
i just think its funny, how can a team with such a solid oline and running game be predicted to be SO bad? not to mention 2 amazing WR, a really good TE, a solid secondary and good ILB....

The amazing WR's are negated by the amazingly poor QB. The good ILB are negated by the incredibly poor DLine. The good TE is negated by the fact that he is not a part of the playbook. The Running game and solid OL is FORSURE though.

Curious, are there tons of screens you can use in the game, iDenver?

tsiguy96
08-09-2009, 09:33 AM
The amazing WR's are negated by the amazingly poor QB. The good ILB are negated by the incredibly poor DLine. The good TE is negated by the fact that he is not a part of the playbook. The Running game and solid OL is FORSURE though.

Curious, are there tons of screens you can use in the game, iDenver?

since when are amazing WRs negated by poor qb? steve smith, calvin johnson, randy moss, wes welker, andre johnson, all had QBs that are as good or worse than orton, they do JUST fine. the "incredibly poor dline" has a different job, they just need to hold blocks, and they will be far better at that then their assignments last year, allowing the LBs to make plays.

Drek
08-09-2009, 11:53 AM
Really? I woulda thought different seeing how slow he is...

I always go speed and it kicks everyone's ass (yes the Oakland strat works in a video game)

They have significantly decreased game speed across the board. Willie Parker is one of the faster RBs in the game and if I recall he only has a 92. Eddie Royal is still one of the faster WRs in the league and he's only got a 93.

Comparatively Moreno's 86 would probably be a 90 in Madden '09. What is more important is his 96 agility and 97 acceleration. Willie Parker is in the mid-80's on both of those categories, and it shows when you play the demo. Guys with 80's accelerations don't hit top speed like they used to anymore and hitting top speed is more important than ever since Pro-Tak introduces phsyics based tackles for the first time in franchise history.

In effect: After three yards of running Moreno is at 97% of 86 speed. Willie Parker is at 86% of 92 speed. Who's got more momentum and will be harder to bring down? Add the fact that Moreno has serious wiggle and lateral mobility (high agility) and you've got a guy who isn't going to go running away from everyone in the open field, but is a monster at picking up 5-10 yard runs and if the opposition isn't careful can easily take 20-30.

Broncoman13
08-09-2009, 12:20 PM
since when are amazing WRs negated by poor qb? steve smith, calvin johnson, randy moss, wes welker, andre johnson, all had QBs that are as good or worse than orton, they do JUST fine. the "incredibly poor dline" has a different job, they just need to hold blocks, and they will be far better at that then their assignments last year, allowing the LBs to make plays.

No sense arguing with you. If you think Delhomme, Schaub (sp?) or Cassell are worse or even with Orton... you've got your mind made up and I'm not gonna waste any more time with you.

Jake Delhomme has never had a QB rating under 80. Kyle Orton, never over 80.

Matt Schaub in two years starting, QB ratings of 87 and 92.

Matt Cassell in year one... 89 and he just happened to throw for more TDs than Orton has ever thrown for in his first season (in 15 games I might add).

Now, Calvin Johnson had the worlds shiatiest QB's throwing him the ball. That I would agree with, but are you seriously comparing either Royal or Marshall to Calvin Johnson?

Doggcow
08-09-2009, 12:45 PM
No sense arguing with you. If you think Delhomme, Schaub (sp?) or Cassell are worse or even with Orton... you've got your mind made up and I'm not gonna waste any more time with you.

Matt Cassell in year one... 89 and he just happened to throw for more TDs than Orton has ever thrown for in his first season (in 15 games I might add).

Now, Calvin Johnson had the worlds shiatiest QB's throwing him the ball. That I would agree with, but are you seriously comparing either Royal or Marshall to Calvin Johnson?

Yeah but its a video game. Plus in 09 madden ALL THAT MATTERED was a stud WR. Seriously, go play with Matt Ryan and his original ratings, or With Calvin Johnson. Stud WR's are ALWAYS open and ALWAYS make great plays. I'd always rather have a 95+ WR with a mediocre QB than the other way around.

Btw, if you think Matt Cassel only played 15 games, theres no point in arguing with YOU. Lol, seriously missed 1 drive and that counts for a game?

tsiguy96
08-09-2009, 12:54 PM

matt cassel hadnt played in 7 years, mcdaniels made him come in and get that QB rating of 89 and modified the system to play to his strengths, yet you are convinced that he cant do the same to orton? ridiculous.

Ironlung
08-09-2009, 12:55 PM
Ortons THP is a f'n 75!!! Thats a unusable Madden QB period.

tsiguy96
08-09-2009, 12:58 PM

im talking more about real life. madden is 100% different, vince young is the most dangerous QB in madden...

Doggcow
08-09-2009, 12:58 PM

Why? I never used Cutler to throw more than like 20 yards unless someone was wide open. It works so much better to just dink and dunk, half the time on long passes your guys totally miss it or its errant or its dropped or the safeties get over there with massive closing boost speed and pick it off. Long passes in Madden are for cheesers who play as the pats and bomb it to Moss every down because they can't actually play.

Drek
08-09-2009, 02:23 PM

Yet another tweak they've made. Arm strength isn't everything and you don't need to be cannon armed to deliver the ball deep.

I know a guy who's been playing it the last few days, big 49ers fan, he's completed deep bombs online against good players using good teams (Dallas, Arizona, Pittsburgh) with Shaun Hill to Michael Crabtree.

What you will see is that the deeper you go with Orton the more likely he is to be off in his aim, but the ball will still get there without becoming a hanging duck like it used to with low arm strength in previous games.

Its a significantly overhauled Madden that is much more sim than the previous games.

Does Kyle Orton still suck on the game? Sure a hell does, he's a 74. That doesn't mean he's going to suck in real life or that he can't do good whatsoever in the game, but yes, he's starting off with a big disadvantage.

Now if he puts up a 90 QB rating through the first six or seven games, see how quickly Tiburon jumps that 74 up to a mid-80's rating with the associated bumps in throw power and throw accuracy.

tsiguy96
08-09-2009, 02:27 PM
Yet another tweak they've made. Arm strength isn't everything and you don't need to be cannon armed to deliver the ball deep.

I know a guy who's been playing it the last few days, big 49ers fan, he's completed deep bombs online against good players using good teams (Dallas, Arizona, Pittsburgh) with Shaun Hill to Michael Crabtree.

What you will see is that the deeper you go with Orton the more likely he is to be off in his aim, but the ball will still get there without becoming a hanging duck like it used to with low arm strength in previous games.

Its a significantly overhauled Madden that is much more sim than the previous games.

Does Kyle Orton still suck on the game? Sure a hell does, he's a 74. That doesn't mean he's going to suck in real life or that he can't do good whatsoever in the game, but yes, he's starting off with a big disadvantage.

Now if he puts up a 90 QB rating through the first six or seven games, see how quickly Tiburon jumps that 74 up to a mid-80's rating with the associated bumps in throw power and throw accuracy.

to be fair, a 74 this year is like 80-85 in previous years..

Ironlung
08-09-2009, 02:42 PM
Why? I never used Cutler to throw more than like 20 yards unless someone was wide open. It works so much better to just dink and dunk, half the time on long passes your guys totally miss it or its errant or its dropped or the safeties get over there with massive closing boost speed and pick it off. Long passes in Madden are for cheesers who play as the pats and bomb it to Moss every down because they can't actually play.

I dink & dunk as well but doing so with a qb with a 96 & one with a 75 are two totally different things. If they've totally redone the passing maybe hes unusable but on last years game he'd be useless. The ball would rainbow even on 20 yard throws. As far as cheesers tossin it deep, ive never had trouble stoppin that BS, have you?

Doggcow
08-09-2009, 02:44 PM
I dink & dunk as well but doing so with a qb with a 96 & one with a 75 are two totally different things. If they've totally redone the passing maybe hes unusable but on last years game he'd be useless. The ball would rainbow even on 20 yard throws. As far as cheesers tossin it deep, ive never had trouble stoppin that BS, have you?

Ive played with Kyle Orton on 09 and he played fine with my offensive style. I don't usually throw more than 15 yards, much less 20.

Ironlung
08-09-2009, 02:50 PM
BTW if any PS3 users wanna get some games on when it comes out, add me to your friends list anytime My name is: Atwater27

Doggcow
08-09-2009, 02:52 PM
I only play on 360, Doggcow.

Not gonna buy for PS3 lol

Ironlung
08-09-2009, 02:54 PM
Ive played with Kyle Orton on 09 and he played fine with my offensive style. I don't usually throw more than 15 yards, much less 20.

Well I would hope so. His THP is a 85 on 09.

yerner
08-09-2009, 03:47 PM
It shipped like three days ago, stores all over the country have broken street date, like they always do. Anyone who wants to do a little research and put the leg work in could get a copy at this point.

somebody tell me how i get it early? what kind of stores would sell it now? what type of research? i'm willing to go prison style.

Doggcow
08-09-2009, 03:49 PM
somebody tell me how i get it early? what kind of stores would sell it now? what type of research? i'm willing to go prison style.

You have to find a store thats willing to take the like $500,000 fine if they get caught. So usually they dont actually sell them but you get a friend to steal if for you or something.

MechanicalBull
08-09-2009, 06:24 PM
Sports Illustrated is running a deal where if you buy a subscription you get Madden and a Madden Documentary DVD for Free. Total price is $49 for everything.

https://subs.timeinc.net/SI/si_madden09.jhtml?experience_id=240532&source_id=1&_requestid=397028&_requestid=397028

Drek
08-09-2009, 06:55 PM

Search the web on major gaming forums (Operation Sports, NeoGAF, etc.) and you'll find threads about people who've gotten copies before street date, typically they identify the store they got it at. Go there, buy a copy.

If you live in a major metropolitan area chances are at least one place broke date. If you don't then just call around and see if you get lucky.

HEAV
08-09-2009, 06:59 PM
Sports Illustrated is running a deal where if you buy a subscription you get Madden and a Madden Documentary DVD for Free. Total price is $49 for everything.

https://subs.timeinc.net/SI/si_madden09.jhtml?experience_id=240532&source_id=1&_requestid=397028&_requestid=397028

Damn that's tempt'n.... Also a sign of how badly hit SI has been by the economy. They need new subs badly. I let my sub go back in June and they continue to send me mags! I called them and told them I canceled (hell on the addy label it says my last issue is June 09) and they told me to enjoy the free issues and think about rejoining SI.

I already have a copy of M10 waiting for me with EB...could sell the SI copy on ebay....hmmm

MechanicalBull
08-09-2009, 08:01 PM
Damn that's tempt'n.... Also a sign of how badly hit SI has been by the economy. They need new subs badly. I let my sub go back in June and they continue to send me mags! I called them and told them I canceled (hell on the addy label it says my last issue is June 09) and they told me to enjoy the free issues and think about rejoining SI.

I already have a copy of M10 waiting for me with EB...could sell the SI copy on ebay....hmmm

Same thing happened to me. I let my subscription run out in the Spring and for about 4-6 weeks they kept on sending me Issues and giving me free promos. I wasn't planning on getting Madden this year but thinking about it with this deal.

Rabb
08-09-2009, 09:11 PM
ratings change so often it doesn't matter

with this year's game really pushing the running game, Knowshon being good is great to hear

Doggcow
08-09-2009, 11:34 PM
ratings change so often it doesn't matter

with this year's game really pushing the running game, Knowshon being good is great to hear

Yeah, in the Demo's passing is almost worthless. I don't think I ever had a single break away pass, but sweeps and Off-tackles go distance all the time.