PDA

View Full Version : OT: Help, Need Advice

Tombstone RJ
08-08-2009, 09:03 PM
So, I think this chick digs me. She's 5 years older than me, but I think... yah, she likes me.

So, I'm relatively new in town, it's a small town, this gal knows EVERYONE. Should I seal the deal, or should I play it safe and not go there?

Hell, why not ask you all? I need some objective opinions, male and female and yes, feel free to crack some jokes at my expense...

JCMElway
08-08-2009, 09:08 PM
It all depends RJ. Are you working in a field in town where rep and opinion really matter? If so, you might try taking the really slow and respectful track, or stick to friendship. If other's opinions of you don't matter, go ahead and have some fun!

So, she's what, 17 years old? ;)

Tombstone RJ
08-08-2009, 09:11 PM
It all depends RJ. Are you working in a field in town where rep and opinion really matter? If so, you might try taking the really slow and respectful track, or stick to friendship. If other's opinions of you don't matter, go ahead and have some fun!

So, she's what, 17 years old? ;)

Totally fair question. I'm late 30's, she's 5 years older, more or less...

footstepsfrom#27
08-08-2009, 09:15 PM
Cougar bait ;D

Ray Finkle
08-08-2009, 09:19 PM
You'll think I am crazy but play the George Costanza. Do the opposite of what you want to do. If/when she becomes the aggressor, you'll win either way.

My wife still hates to admit that it worked on her....

Tombstone RJ
08-08-2009, 09:23 PM
You'll think I am crazy but play the George Costanza. Do the opposite of what you want to do. If/when she becomes the aggressor, you'll win either way.

My wife still hates to admit that it worked on her....

Wow, I am impressed. Seriously, don't know how you did it but I don't think I'm that good... pretty much what you see is what you get...

Tombstone RJ
08-08-2009, 09:24 PM
Cougar bait ;D

She's a little older than me, not much... so cougar, no... not for me anyway.Ha!

PaintballCLE
08-08-2009, 09:28 PM
So, I think this chick digs me. She's 5 years older than me, but I think... yah, she likes me.

So, I'm relatively new in town, it's a small town, this gal knows EVERYONE. Should I seal the deal, or should I play it safe and not go there?

Hell, why not ask you all? I need some objective opinions, male and female and yes, feel free to crack some jokes at my expense...

If its a small town and she knows everyone, either somethings wrong with her that shes not attached to someone, or you better have an STD check on her first. Hilarious!

Ray Finkle
08-08-2009, 09:28 PM
Wow, I am impressed. Seriously, don't know how you did it but I don't think I'm that good... pretty much what you see is what you get...

It's simple....I have zero game....just be interested but make them take the first step....

Los Broncos
08-08-2009, 09:37 PM
I've lived in a small town, so I'm speaking from experiance.

And I wouldn't do it, living in a small town everyone knows your business.

Tombstone RJ
08-08-2009, 09:43 PM
If its a small town and she knows everyone, either somethings wrong with her that shes not attached to someone, or you better have an STD check on her first. Hilarious!

She hasn't been her long, but shes's connect via family ties to the town. Her family is established in the community. I'm gonna be under some scrutiny, I can't hide.

Tombstone RJ
08-08-2009, 09:44 PM
It's simple....I have zero game....just be interested but make them take the first step....

Yah, I think I'm with you... but it's not that easy... sometimes women are extremely hard to read.

maher_tyler
08-08-2009, 09:47 PM

What he said...people are prolly gossiping about you already...

Lev Vyvanse
08-08-2009, 09:47 PM

I've lived in a small town also. Just because everyone knows you’re banging someone that doesn't make it a bad thing.

Rohirrim
08-08-2009, 09:52 PM
I would stalk her for a few weeks, but that's just me.

Tombstone RJ
08-08-2009, 09:55 PM
What he said...people are prolly gossiping about you already...

Yah, people do talk... but in reality, no rumors are floating around about us (that I know of). We aren't suspect to a lot of gossip.

Tombstone RJ
08-08-2009, 09:58 PM
I would stalk her for a few weeks, but that's just me.

:rofl:

I think every guy can admit to seeking a lady a little too aggressively at one point or another before getting married. But I think I've out grown this phase...:)

Dudeskey
08-08-2009, 10:02 PM
Nothing wrong w/ a gal 5 years older. On the same token I'm w/ I. Clady as far as your business goes...™

Tombstone RJ
08-08-2009, 10:09 PM
Nothing wrong w/ a gal 5 years older. On the same token I'm w/ I. Clady as far as your business goes...™

You maybe right. I'm leaning towards caution myself...

SouthStndJunkie
08-08-2009, 10:17 PM

So what....you are supposed to never have sex because you live in a small town?

SouthStndJunkie
08-08-2009, 10:18 PM
Pussy is pussy, meat on the bone, **** it, suck it, or leave it alone.

Hogan11
08-08-2009, 11:25 PM
The age thing is a total non-issue.

I'm with JCM, a slow and respectful track, or stick to friendship.

Mr. Elway
08-08-2009, 11:59 PM
Ask a message board what to do, that way you can be sure to **** it up.

Archer81
08-09-2009, 12:09 AM
Rail her. Then her friends will know.

:Broncos:

SouthStndJunkie
08-09-2009, 12:15 AM
If you have a giant hog, then all the small town gossip could be a good thing.

Meck77
08-09-2009, 12:20 AM
My advice.

Wait for a chick 5 years younger than you.

cutthemdown
08-09-2009, 12:51 AM

Ok lets look at a city, like a local bar you just walked into, and would like to hang out in. If you screw the first one that comes along, you could just be screwing the chick everyone else in said bar already screwed.

IMO don't seal the deal to quickly, make sure screwing her won't ruin it with some girl maybe a tad younger then your or her, whatever, just younger, cuter, that might not be interested if you let the cougar pounce on your bones.

No jokes. I think one reason women win more then men is because we are too proud to talk about stuff lest we seem like we aren't players.

I'm for sure not one but I know enough to give some advice.

In a big town I would say bone away. But in a small one you may want to feel it out a bit more. Meet some people you can trust, male or female, and get the scoop on who is who and what is what.

Have a good time sounds like a time in your life of change and new experiences. Enjoy it.

cutthemdown
08-09-2009, 12:52 AM
My advice.

Wait for a chick 5 years younger than you.

yeah not bad advice. Young girls rock. Mainly because I'm a pervert, but also just because they are more fun. Old bitches just get all crabby and dry.

FireFly
08-09-2009, 12:54 AM

QFT

Also, small town or not, if you like her you like her!

So what if people talk? People are always going to talk. Better to have them talking about you being with someone you like than not talking and you being alone at home!

FireFly
08-09-2009, 12:55 AM
yeah not bad advice. Young girls rock. Mainly because I'm a pervert, but also just because they are more fun. Old b****es just get all crabby and dry.

Little bit of jelly'll fix that right up for you Hilarious!

Miss I.
08-09-2009, 01:49 AM
1. 90% of these guys are obviously the product of their sister having sex with their brother so you might want to stear clear from the obviously defective remarks.
2. So you live in a small town and you are afraid of gossip, is that your concern? It doesn't matter who you date there, the same is going to apply. The key is not giving a crap and treating everyone well so there is no place to give you grief, but even if they do, it shouldn't matter. Gossip is everywhere, big or small etc.
3. As far as the woman is concerned, do YOU like her? Do you want to date her? Then do it. If you don't then, don't date her. If you don't try, how the heck are you supposed to have any life? Either way, I do think taking it slow is smart, be honest with her about it and ask her what she wants too and make sure you are both on the same page. Just don't be an ass and jerk her around (then the gossip will be bad).
4. The younger vs older debate. I have dated younger and older and for me I usually prefer the older or same age. For a couple of reasons, young guys are immature idiots a lot of time. Older men are sometimes more fun to talk to and know what they want and not afraid to ask. I like that confidence, intelligence and fun, not always seen in the younger ones, but they like me, can be less patient with nonsense. I have more expectation of an equal partnership as I get older, but I also know I have had better um phyical and emotional and intellectual relations in my 30s with men of the same age. Men and Women in their 30s have usually got more confidence which I think is better overall for the relationship, if we are more independent we won't cling as much to each other for sole satisfaction.

Just observations, good luck with whatever you decide to do...

Los Broncos
08-09-2009, 02:55 AM
So what....you are supposed to never have sex because you live in a small town?

No, just know the price to be paid for doing it.

If you can live with people talking about you and starting rumors.

It comes down to can you deal with that.

Rohirrim
08-09-2009, 03:08 AM
1. 90% of these guys are obviously the product of their sister having sex with their brother so you might want to stear clear from the obviously defective remarks.
2. So you live in a small town and you are afraid of gossip, is that your concern? It doesn't matter who you date there, the same is going to apply. The key is not giving a crap and treating everyone well so there is no place to give you grief, but even if they do, it shouldn't matter. Gossip is everywhere, big or small etc.
3. As far as the woman is concerned, do YOU like her? Do you want to date her? Then do it. If you don't then, don't date her. If you don't try, how the heck are you supposed to have any life? Either way, I do think taking it slow is smart, be honest with her about it and ask her what she wants too and make sure you are both on the same page. Just don't be an ass and jerk her around (then the gossip will be bad).
4. The younger vs older debate. I have dated younger and older and for me I usually prefer the older or same age. For a couple of reasons, young guys are immature idiots a lot of time. Older men are sometimes more fun to talk to and know what they want and not afraid to ask. I like that confidence, intelligence and fun, not always seen in the younger ones, but they like me, can be less patient with nonsense. I have more expectation of an equal partnership as I get older, but I also know I have had better um phyical and emotional and intellectual relations in my 30s with men of the same age. Men and Women in their 30s have usually got more confidence which I think is better overall for the relationship, if we are more independent we won't cling as much to each other for sole satisfaction.

Just observations, good luck with whatever you decide to do...

Do you like being stalked? :wiggle:

Miss I.
08-09-2009, 06:31 AM

Why? Are you offering? ;D

Not seriously though, already have restraining orders on a few of the OM, like Spider and Hotrod, if you care to join that club, hey I think if I buy 3 orders, I get one free. :egbgb:

elsid13
08-09-2009, 06:54 AM

I am sorry, you didn't finish in the top three on MI dating poll and you are now in line for a throat punch. Please take it like a man, and not like Bobo did. Thank you the management..

elsid13
08-09-2009, 06:56 AM

Let face it, if you are asking about dating someone on the Mane, you're not into them. If you were into them you wouldn't worry about age or size of the community.

smalltowngrll
08-09-2009, 09:14 AM
What harm can a little drink/coffe/lunch/dinner do? Heck, you aren't lookin' to marry the chick, so be her friend and have dinner. If it goes well, and you both like each other, it's bonus! If not, you've made a great new contact in town to meet other new people!

Why put all the stress and pressure on yourself! Just have fun!

gunns
08-09-2009, 09:30 AM
yeah not bad advice. Young girls rock. Mainly because I'm a pervert, but also just because they are more fun. Old b****es just get all crabby and dry.

Dry? You don't know **** about older women. Yes young girls rock and they are fun but they are also looking to get married and have kids, ASAP. Not older women. We've been married and know how overrated it is. Older women like to have fun too, are often game for anything, but you're right if you are just into the club scene. Older women have figured out the club scene is people on the prowl and competitive, we're over that. A lot of us are as fit as those in their 20's. And we have a lot more experience...and tricks but we are not desperate for sex and DO NOT want immature younger guys. ;D

Tomb, approach it as a friendship at first, to get an idea of what she is thinking. When you feel the time is right, ask her out. I agree with SSJ, can't you have sex in small towns? Let her give you the signal she is ready for that. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Tombstone RJ
08-09-2009, 10:31 AM
Let me say this too: there's not a lot of single women in this town so it's not like dating is an easy thing. Most women here are married and have kids, there are some single ladies out there but these gals are always in a serious relationship. The dudes in this town seem to know that if you find a gal, do what you gotta do to keep her because yah, it ain't easy to play the field.

bronco610
08-09-2009, 10:35 AM
Let me say this too: there's not a lot of single women in this town so it's not like dating is an easy thing. Most women here are married and have kids, there are some single ladies out there but these gals are always in a serious relationship. The dudes in this town seem to know that if you find a gal, do what you gotta do to keep her because yah, it ain't easy to play the field.

What did you do? Move to binger, oklahoma?

Tombstone RJ
08-09-2009, 10:35 AM
Dry? You don't know **** about older women. Yes young girls rock and they are fun but they are also looking to get married and have kids, ASAP. Not older women. We've been married and know how overrated it is. Older women like to have fun too, are often game for anything, but you're right if you are just into the club scene. Older women have figured out the club scene is people on the prowl and competitive, we're over that. A lot of us are as fit as those in their 20's. And we have a lot more experience...and tricks but we are not desperate for sex and DO NOT want immature younger guys. ;D

Tomb, approach it as a friendship at first, to get an idea of what she is thinking. When you feel the time is right, ask her out. I agree with SSJ, can't you have sex in small towns? Let her give you the signal she is ready for that. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

We are friends so that has been established and I agree, I think I should probably concentrate on the friendship right now.

But what if she makes a move on me? Should I capitulate? Should I back down?

Tombstone RJ
08-09-2009, 10:39 AM
What harm can a little drink/coffe/lunch/dinner do? Heck, you aren't lookin' to marry the chick, so be her friend and have dinner. If it goes well, and you both like each other, it's bonus! If not, you've made a great new contact in town to meet other new people!

Why put all the stress and pressure on yourself! Just have fun!

We go out to dinner all the time. And yes, she's a great network helper so I don't want to mess that angle up...

Tombstone RJ
08-09-2009, 10:40 AM
Let face it, if you are asking about dating someone on the Mane, you're not into them. If you were into them you wouldn't worry about age or size of the community.

Hmmm, never thought of it this way but thanks for this perception.

SouthStndJunkie
08-09-2009, 10:45 AM
Don't over complicate things....sex is supposed to be fun.

If two people want to get together and get primal, then what is the problem?

I often think people over think these things. If you are together and it feels right, then go for it.

You only live x amount of days, you may as well spend as many of them as you can ****ing and fishing.

Tombstone RJ
08-09-2009, 12:21 PM
Don't over complicate things....sex is supposed to be fun.

If two people want to get together and get primal, then what is the problem?

I often think people over think these things. If you are together and it feels right, then go for it.

You only live x amount of days, you may as well spend as many of them as you can ****ing and fishing.

I tend to over complicate relationships.. perhaps one of my problems and the older I get, the more I question my past choices. But I think your probably right, paralysis by analysis..

oubronco
08-09-2009, 12:31 PM
Bend her ass over and drive her head thru the head board and keep on going then tell her if she wants to do it again you'd be down with that

Tombstone RJ
08-09-2009, 12:54 PM
Bend her ass over and drive her head thru the head board and keep on going then tell her if she wants to do it again you'd be down with that

Hmmmm, I think that's what happened with my last gfriend... she is 4 states away from me now but I know she still thinks about me...

Miss I.
08-09-2009, 01:08 PM
A good rule of standards is this gem I picked up from Real Genius:

Chris Knight (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000174/): So, if there's anything I can do for you, or, more to the point, to you, you just let me know.
Susan (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0286033/): Can you hammer a six-inch spike through a board with your penis?
Chris Knight (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000174/): Not right now.
Susan (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0286033/): A girl's gotta have her standards.

you never know, the girl might ask you that. ;D

Tombstone RJ
08-09-2009, 01:17 PM
A good rule of standards is this gem I picked up from Real Genius:

Chris Knight (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000174/): So, if there's anything I can do for you, or, more to the point, to you, you just let me know.
Susan (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0286033/): Can you hammer a six-inch spike through a board with your penis?
Chris Knight (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000174/): Not right now.
Susan (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0286033/): A girl's gotta have her standards.

you never know, the girl might ask you that. ;D

LOLHilarious!

Rohirrim
08-09-2009, 01:28 PM

Would you like a Walnetto? :wiggle:

Bronx33
08-09-2009, 01:32 PM
tear it UP

Broncoman13
08-09-2009, 01:38 PM

Conversely speaking... you better keep it as friends. ;D

Broncoman13
08-09-2009, 01:42 PM
What harm can a little drink/coffe/lunch/dinner/hummer/nooner do?

Fixed it for you, I know you just forgot the last two... no biggee.

Tombstone RJ
08-09-2009, 01:47 PM
Fixed it for you, I know you just forgot the last two... no biggee.

:yayaya:

Miss I.
08-09-2009, 02:00 PM
Hey Tombstone:
Remember when I said:

.The above fixed it for you would be a classic example....;D

Just kidding Oskie! But it does explain a lot about the coffees I had with Nancy now...

Archer81
08-09-2009, 02:38 PM
Reading this thread makes me realize three things. One, Women want men who can hammer 6 inch spikes through boards with their penis. Two, if you have a giant hog, better for you in a small town, and three, its just sex. You know what you want from the chick, she should know what she wants from you. Have fun with it.

Bronx33
08-09-2009, 02:42 PM
Reading this thread makes me realize three things. One, Women want men who can hammer 6 inch spiked through boards with their penis. Two, if you have a giant hog, better for you in a small town, and three, its just sex. You know what you want from the chick, she should know what she wants from you. Have fun with it.

Nuff said!!

Now TS put on a helmet and some axe drink a 6 pack and small bottle of jose-quervo and make us proud!

gunns
08-09-2009, 03:51 PM
We are friends so that has been established and I agree, I think I should probably concentrate on the friendship right now.

But what if she makes a move on me? Should I capitulate? Should I back down?

Well, just don't jump on her in excitement. :giggle:

I wouldn't back down, just take it for what it is and move from there. Sounds like you would be better off just letting her make the moves and taking it as it comes. It's what you want and you know it. I just wouldn't listen to these horntoads on this board. ;D

Bronx33
08-09-2009, 03:54 PM
Well, just don't jump on her in excitement. :giggle:

I wouldn't back down, just take it for what it is and move from there. Sounds like you would be better off just letting her make the moves and taking it as it comes. It's what you want and you know it. I just wouldn't listen to these horntoads on this board. ;D

What do you know you're a GIRL!

Rohirrim
08-09-2009, 05:09 PM
Geez, all this discussion? Whatever happened to "Just get her drunk?" What is happening to the world?

Tombstone RJ
08-09-2009, 08:52 PM
Geez, all this discussion? Whatever happened to "Just get her drunk?" What is happening to the world?

She really doesn't drink. She'll have like one drink at a party and then drink water the rest of the night...

Tombstone RJ
08-09-2009, 08:56 PM
Hey Tombstone:
Remember when I said:

.The above fixed it for you would be a classic example....;D

Just kidding Oskie! But it does explain a lot about the coffees I had with Nancy now...

Yes, I remember... I expect some colorful responses and I have not been disappointed.

DenverBrit
08-09-2009, 09:03 PM
Late 30s?? You might as well, this could be the last time you'll want to go 'older'. ;D

Archer81
08-09-2009, 11:07 PM
This is mild compared to what my brothers told me what I needed to do after my senior prom. Put it in her butt. Ahh...siblings.

Miss I.
08-09-2009, 11:56 PM
This is mild compared to what my brothers told me what I needed to do after my senior prom. Put it in her butt. Ahh...siblings.

For some reason, this reminds me of this quote from Mallrats:

Shannon Hamilton: That's it. You're dead, mallrat! I'm gonna **** you up beyond repair!

Brodie: Ladies and gentlemen, this tall drink of water headed my way is a pillar of the shopping community who informed me earlier today of a nefarious plan of his to screw my girlfriend in an extremely uncomfortable place.

Gil Hicks: What... like the back of a Volkswagen?