PDA

View Full Version : OT: EA Sports supporting our troops with the gift of Madden 2010

Rabb
08-08-2009, 03:56 PM
I hate to whore a site I co-own...but this was just too cool not to share

http://www.tailgate365.com/myblog/ea-sports-supporting-our-troops-with-the-gift-of-madden-2010.html

On August 14, 2009 the Madden 2010 will hit the shelves and the thousands of gamers and football fans alike who have put it on reserve will be able to pick it up and spend all day and night perfecting the next version of the all-favorite sports game.

Unfortunately for a few Tailgate365.com members, that day comes after they leave on deployment with no connection to the outside world. See, these guys live on a submarine for months at a time, protecting our rights. Rights to keep on playing Madden till our fingers hurt and our eyes cry for sleep. These sailors, with not much to do, literally under water, spend all of their time eating, working, sleeping and of course, gaming.

But thanks to EA Sports and their commitment to our troops, they will get underway with a copy of the latest version of Madden.

"We are supremely grateful for the dedication and hard work that the troops provide
to our country on a daily basis. It is an honor to give them an opportunity to
enjoy their downtime with Madden NFL 10," said EA Sports spokesperson, Rob Semsey.

Already game in hand, these sailors will be able to enjoy what the rest of us will wait until August 14th to try. From all the members at Tailgate365.com, we thank EA Sports and Media Frenzy Communications for getting our members a much appreciated pre-release of this game. We too support our troops and support them in as many ways as possible.
we were so pumped when they said they would not only help out but do it for free...and they basically responded immediately with "tell us where to send it, it would be our pleasure"

we couldn't give details or pictures of the sailor in question that received the game as the sub he is on is about to embark on some classified activity so we had to be careful

in the end, all we cared about was helping a boat full of sailors pass the time and feel a little less homesick, being a former Navy man...this meant a lot

I gained a lot of respect for EA with this,even though I realize it is free good press or them, they could have told us "thanks but no thanks"

Los Broncos
08-08-2009, 03:59 PM
Madden just get worse and worse every year, I'll stick with NFL 2k3.

But its cool they did that.

Doggcow
08-08-2009, 04:02 PM
LOL. I feel bad for our troops. They'll be shooting each other with all the stupid **** that happens in EA games.

maher_tyler
08-08-2009, 04:33 PM
LOL. I feel bad for our troops. They'll be shooting each other with all the stupid **** that happens in EA games.

The glitches that seem to happen in every years game is just rediculous...NHL 09 was/is loaded with some of the worse glitches i've ever seen...

Archer81
08-08-2009, 04:36 PM
NHL 08 was alright. I played 09 for XBox360 and the game would just freeze and say the disk needed cleaning...when it was a new disk.

Thats a good thing EA is doing. Anything to help make deployment that more bearable is a positive.

:Broncos:

SportinOne
08-08-2009, 04:36 PM
I stick with NCAA football now. Gameplay more authentic than Madden, more consistent than Madden, and the Dynasty Mode >(x100) Franchise Mode.

Maybe in 360's final couple years they will get it right. I just don't get it. Madden was always great for the original Xbox.

Oh, and I was in the Navy as well.. This is pretty cool. For those unfamiliar with military personnel.... we play LOTS AND LOTS of video games. It's highly competitive.. I'll never forget MADDENHALOPAC07.

maher_tyler
08-08-2009, 04:59 PM
I stick with NCAA football now. Gameplay more authentic than Madden, more consistent than Madden, and the Dynasty Mode >(x100) Franchise Mode.

Maybe in 360's final couple years they will get it right. I just don't get it. Madden was always great for the original Xbox.

Oh, and I was in the Navy as well.. This is pretty cool. For those unfamiliar with military personnel.... we play LOTS AND LOTS of video games. It's highly competitive.. I'll never forget MADDENHALOPAC07.

My buddy bought NCAA 10 and didn't like it..thought it was a step back from last years game. I usually play online so the Franchise mode doesn't mean much to me. I just wish they'd make ONE game with no stupid glitches that are in every single game they make!!

snowspot66
08-08-2009, 05:40 PM
The reason for all the glitches are the work practices of EA. They work their game developers to the edge of insanity. If EA could outsource their studios to China and have little children make the games on a 3 shift 24 hour day they would.

Killericon
08-08-2009, 07:56 PM
The glitches that seem to happen in every years game is just rediculous...NHL 09 was/is loaded with some of the worse glitches i've ever seen...

Yeah? Try MLB 2K9. Makes EA look live Valve.

Jerry Curl
08-10-2009, 02:48 PM
MLB 2k9 is a joke. So many glitches on easy pop-fly's and easy ground outs.

What glitches are in NHL? I have yet to find any and I've been playing since it was released. And imo NCAA > Madden for awhile.

Rabb
08-10-2009, 03:00 PM
I usually go with NCAA also, this year I am going Madden

Doggcow
08-10-2009, 03:01 PM
So I'm winning today against this ****hole online on NCAA today and I GET KICKED OUT FOR EXCESSIVE DELAY BECAUSE THE COMPUTER ENCHROACHES 5 TIMES??? ARE YOU ****ING KIDDING ME

HOLY **** YOU SUCK ASS EA

Rabb
08-10-2009, 03:04 PM
oh make no mistake I was not posting this because I love EA...I have been pissed with them since the Battlefield 2 debacle on the original Xbox

I just thought it was a nice gesture on their part

Doggcow
08-10-2009, 03:11 PM
oh make no mistake I was not posting this because I love EA...I have been pissed with them since the Battlefield 2 debacle on the original Xbox

I just thought it was a nice gesture on their part

NICE? IF I HAD A GUN I WOULD SHOOT SOMEONE RIGHT NOW! THATS 3 ****ING GAMES I LOST TODAY DUE TO BULL****!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 2 DiSK READ ERRORS AND THEN THIS? ARE YOU ****ING SERIOUS? QUIT BEING ****ING CHEAP****S EA.

Rabb
08-10-2009, 03:21 PM
NICE? IF I HAD A GUN I WOULD SHOOT SOMEONE RIGHT NOW! THATS 3 ****ING GAMES I LOST TODAY DUE TO BULL****!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 2 DiSK READ ERRORS AND THEN THIS? ARE YOU ****ING SERIOUS? QUIT BEING ****ING CHEAP****S EA.

repeat after me

it's just a game

Doggcow
08-10-2009, 03:40 PM
repeat after me

it's just a game

No its not. Its a piece of ****. To punish our troops anymore with it should be treason.

CoopDawg
08-10-2009, 03:58 PM

Agree 100%

Pontius Pirate
08-10-2009, 05:25 PM

So far, Madden 2010 has a 90 metacritic rating....so you can suck it

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/xbox360/maddennfl10