PDA

View Full Version : Paige: I know McDaniels is a brilliant young coach

Bronco Rob
08-07-2009, 08:01 AM
Woody, I am a long-time Bronco fan and am concerned about the events that have taken place since the nightmare against San Diego to finish the 2008 season. Are the Broncos moving in the right direction?
-- Bruce Jenkins, Wilmington, Del.

Bruce: Giddyup! When practice ended up the other day, Josh McDaniels walked up and said: "What do you think?" I felt like quoting Robert DeNiro out of "Taxi Driver:" "You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me?" Why would he ask me? I'm just a wordsmith. Actually, I'm just a blacksmith with a laptop. I replied: "The team looks great, and you utilize your practice time very well, and I like the watermelon for the players after the workout. May I have a slice of watermelon?"

The Broncos are moving in a new direction, but I don't know if it's the right direction. What I believe sincerely is if McDaniels hadn't gone through the Cutler Dilemma (which was like the "Borne Ultimatum") everybody would be excited about this training camp. After three one-on-one conversations with Josh lasting about five hours I know he is a brilliant young coach, and he will be a success with the Broncos ultimately. He's as sharp as Mike Shanahan was when he was an assistant here and later, as a head coach. Mike was so creative, and Josh is, too.

I thought the league caught up to Mike (who I spent time with recently in Lake Tahoe), and Mike will return as a different coach. But do the Broncos have the right mix now? The secondary is vastly improved. The defensive line is a real question mark, as far as I'm concerned. Even though the Broncos will rely on the outside

Denver Broncos head coach Josh McDaniels talks with defensive coordinator Mike Nolan during practice on Wednesday, Aug. 5, 2009 at Dove Valley. (John Leyba, The Denver Post)linebackers to apply pressure to the quarterback, the starters at defensive end are question marks, and the depth at that I had written the Broncos should sign Ronnie Fields as a nose tackle, and position is shallow.

they agreed. He will be good in the middle. I'm not certain about the outside linebackers, but I'd love to see Robert Ayers, the rookie, and Jarvis Moss starting. They're big guys who can rush. But Moss probably will be traded or released, and Ayers won't start for four or five games.

Offensively, the Broncos will have a better running game, and I'm happy that they'll continue to zone block on the line most of the time. Brandon Marshall's injury and attitude will be a question, but Jabar Gaffney is a player, and Eddie Royal is a Pro Bowler in waiting. The offensive line, Mike said, is one of the best in the business.

But I'm worried about two dozen or more new players coming together with a new coaching staff, and new schemes, and I'm seriously worried about that schedule. Josh and I had a polite argument about the strength of schedule, but he knows it will be tough to beat Pittsburgh, New England, Indianapolis, Baltimore, San Diego, Dallas I could go on.

Can Kyle Orton be more than an average quarterback? How quickly will running back Knowshon Moreno develop, and why was he so stupid to stay out of camp when he could have established himself as a starter? Will (bleep)
Field at Mile High ever become a dominant home-field advantage again?

Josh told he will use the hurry-up offense sometimes at home, but not to rip him if he doesn't do it early. Sometimes you need a change. The country needed a change, I believe. The Broncos needed a change, I believe. How will it play out? I'm impressed with what I've seen in training camp, but I haven't seen the Broncos win in Cincinnati yet. So, forgive me for reserving judgment. But, if you're a fan, hang in there. It will only get better.

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_13001862

8')

Kaylore
08-07-2009, 08:07 AM
He's pretty much where I'm at: There are things he really likes and things he thinks will still be a serious problem.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
08-07-2009, 08:21 AM
He's pretty much where I'm at: There are things he really likes and things he thinks will still be a serious problem.

And even more than that, he's optimistic, with a "wait-and-see" attitude.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
08-07-2009, 08:22 AM

Did you attend the practice last night? When I was reading the online blog from the Broncos website it sounded like the front seven was getting good pressure on the QB.

What would you attribute that to?

Does the front seven look that much better?

Does the O-line look rusty? Do you think the new scheme has anything to do with it?

bpc
08-07-2009, 08:28 AM
Nice to hear positive feedback about McDaniels potential. He still needs to win sooner vs. later.

If we can get to 8-8 this season, offset the A. Smith trade from the potential top 5 pick it could have been to maybe 14-20, we'll be in a much better spot this time next year. The move wouldn't look so silly.

Still, we need DL in the worst kinda way along with a WR who can take over once BMarsh leaves because we all know it will eventually happen.

Hulamau
08-07-2009, 08:28 AM
That's a good article by Woody. He has those every now and then. :-) This is a process and Rome definitely wasn't built in a day and over hauling this defense isn't a one year wonder project.

We may surprise later in the season, but I expect a tough year with this schedule and all the changes that need to come together at once.

The intelligent fans will realize this and will not be screaming for Orton and McD's head after a few preseason games, or anytime really this year.

This is the 'get it together year' and 'turn the ship in the right direction' which is happening. I expect us to play exciting competitive ball by mid-season even though how many wins we can squeeze out of this schedule is up in the air. Anything more than last year is simply a big bonus this season.

But with the right kind of support and good picks next year and in FA we could really compete again, and certainly I expect to be deep in the hunt again for it all by year end of year three.

Smiling Assassin27
08-07-2009, 08:32 AM
We should be seeing Woody's 16-0 prediction any day now...

Black59Razor
08-07-2009, 08:39 AM
Broncofans, may I sugest Tim Tebow as our first round draft choice next year?

He probably won't be a top 10 pick, yes he is 'unpolished' with regard to hisa throwing mechanics, but that can be fixed.

Everything else is off the charts, athleticism, size, arm strength, leadership qualities...and we already know McD has studied the Florida offense.

The perfect lump of clay for McD to mold.

Bronco_Beerslug
08-07-2009, 08:39 AM
We should be seeing Woody's 16-0 prediction any day now...

:~ohyah!:

Yep, shouldn't be much longer ;D

Broncoman13
08-07-2009, 08:46 AM

Ditto for me too. Which is why I'm willing to give this team some time. I'm not looking for the team to turn it around it one season. I'm looking for them to make strides and play 4 quarters of tough football. If they do that and lose, sobeit, but they better put it on the line week in and week out.

Unfortunately, Pat Bowlen doesn't do him favors when he says on the radio that 8-8 isn't acceptable here. "Not for the fans and not for this owner." Folks like Kaylore, Apa, Montrose and myself are in the minority. I'd like to think we can be realistic with our expectations, but the general theme in Denver is... We weren't getting to the playoffs and this guy was brought in to get us to the playoffs... we better get to the playoffs or else. Then you sprinkle in a Jay Cutler debacle (who most on the OM would agree was a Baby J issue more than a McD issue) and I promise you 75% of the population in Denver still looks at McD as though he ran out a Pro-Bowl QB and replaced him with Kyle "Friggin" Orton.

Broncoman13
08-07-2009, 08:47 AM
Did you attend the practice last night? When I was reading the online blog from the Broncos website it sounded like the front seven was getting good pressure on the QB.

Does the O-line look rusty? Do you think the new scheme has anything to do with it?

Lots of blitzing and masking that 4th rusher. The beauty of the 3-4 is that 4th rusher isn't a "known" like it is in a 4-3. So Nolan has done a pretty good job using several different players in the front 7 to be that 4th rusher...so in some cases, it's really not even considered a blitz.

Broncoman13
08-07-2009, 08:50 AM
That's a good article by Woody. He has those every now and then. :-) This is a process and Rome definitely wasn't built in a day and over hauling this defense isn't a one year wonder project.

We may surprise later in the season, but I expect a tough year with this schedule and all the changes that need to come together at once.

The intelligent fans will realize this and will not be screaming for Orton and McD's head after a few preseason games, or anytime really this year.

This is the 'get it together year' and 'turn the ship in the right direction' which is happening. I expect us to play exciting competitive ball by mid-season even though how many wins we can squeeze out of this schedule is up in the air. Anything more than last year is simply a big bonus this season.

But with the right kind of support and good picks next year and in FA we could really compete again, and certainly I expect to be deep in the hunt again for it all by year end of year three.

You are making great points, however I think you're over simplifying the Broncos Fanbase. Sorry but not as many as you would like to think are as objective as you are. For some it is cut and dry, "They fired Shanahan b/c he wasn't making the playoffs... therefore it's playoffs or bust with the new guy."

OABB
08-07-2009, 08:52 AM
You are making great points, however I think you're over simplifying the Broncos Fanbase. Sorry but not as many as you would like to think are as objective as you are. For some it is cut and dry, "They fired Shanahan b/c he wasn't making the playoffs... therefore it's playoffs or bust with the new guy."

....Which is really really stupid.

Broncoman13
08-07-2009, 08:53 AM

He probably won't be a top 10 pick, yes he is 'unpolished' with regard to hisa throwing mechanics, but that can be fixed.

Everything else is off the charts, athleticism, size, arm strength, leadership qualities...and we already know McD has studied the Florida offense.

I'd take him. In fact, I'd love to see us draft any one of the top 4 or 5 QBs in next year's draft. That isn't a knock on Orton. He's shown ability, I just think he is at his ceiling. Bradford, McCoy, Tebow, Snead, the list goes on and on for top QBs next year. I would hope that we would strongly consider it unless Orton is just amazing in this offense.

Broncoman13
08-07-2009, 08:55 AM
....Which is really really stupid.

Completely. People don't take into account how much change we've gone through. And, like I said right, wrong or indifferent... McD errored in his dealings with Cutler and replaced him with Kyle Orton. But I agree, McD is fixing a lot of components of the Broncos so that we can mold a winning team for years, not just the occassional run. It will take a little bit of time.

Eldorado
08-07-2009, 08:56 AM
I have a headache.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
08-07-2009, 09:01 AM

Christ on a cracker, no. We already have a fullback in Hillis.

Paladin
08-07-2009, 09:02 AM

Yep. Bronco fans are simpletons......

Really? Maybe some are.

D is always ahead of the O at the start of TC. Booing last night at the O was rather shortsighted.

But simpletons? Nah.

Really?

Broncoman13
08-07-2009, 09:10 AM
Yep. Bronco fans are simpletons......

Really? Maybe some are.

D is always ahead of the O at the start of TC. Booing last night at the O was rather shortsighted.

But simpletons? Nah.

Really?

Are you thinking about the millions of Bronco fans or the 1000 or so OMers? Big difference.

Kaylore
08-07-2009, 09:11 AM

Our pass protection isn't much different and considering our entire line and line coach have all returned, I can;t imagine there is that much of a falloff from last year. We do have a solid offensive line. Still, I don't believe our D-line could be that great. So I attribute it to four things: As in other camps, the defense getting their sea legs earlier than the offense, the offensive line a bit rusty with the new play calling, the increased size on the D-line (Hamilton and Wiegman struggle against power tackles), and our lack of familiarity practicing against a 3-4.

This will be good for facing the Chargers because we will be more used to facing larger 3-4 fronts.

SouthStndJunkie
08-07-2009, 09:11 AM
I have no doubt that McDaniels is an innovative and bright young coach....I just worry he will go the Shanny/Belichick route....that is get a head coaching job at a very young age, make some mistakes and get fired while cutting your teeth, go back to being a great coordinator for a few years, learn from your previous mistakes, and then become an excellent head coach the second time around for a different team.

lex
08-07-2009, 09:12 AM
Completely. People don't take into account how much change we've gone through. And, like I said right, wrong or indifferent... McD errored in his dealings with Cutler and replaced him with Kyle Orton. But I agree, McD is fixing a lot of components of the Broncos so that we can mold a winning team for years, not just the occassional run. It will take a little bit of time.

I think a lot of people dont think that the offense needed to be changed. Maybe better personnel or more balance but I dont think people see the necessity of a scheme change. A lot of people are still stuck on, "we needed to fix the defense, not the offense." And so to suffer because of a scheme change in offense is a problem of their own making.

Paladin
08-07-2009, 09:17 AM
Are you thinking about the millions of Bronco fans or the 1000 or so OMers? Big difference.

Your choice. You're the one implying that "many fans" are seeing things as "cut and dry". Simpletons love simplicity, eh?

People hanging on to th e"cutlergate" junk want to blame somebody for their loss of the "golden Boy", the "francise QB" or whatever they want to call him. Not gonna rehash anything. But even simpletons move on and think about where the team is at this point and where it is going, and know it takes time to get there.

Think about it before you emote.....

oubronco
08-07-2009, 09:40 AM
Lots of blitzing and masking that 4th rusher. The beauty of the 3-4 is that 4th rusher isn't a "known" like it is in a 4-3. So Nolan has done a pretty good job using several different players in the front 7 to be that 4th rusher...so in some cases, it's really not even considered a blitz.

Do you think the Defense will get pushed all over the place and manhandled like they were against Jacksonville and Carolina this year for example

oubronco
08-07-2009, 09:42 AM
I have no doubt that McDaniels is an innovative and bright young coach....I just worry he will go the Shanny/Belichick route....that is get a head coaching job at a very young age, make some mistakes and get fired while cutting your teeth, go back to being a great coordinator for a few years, learn from your previous mistakes, and then become an excellent head coach the second time around for a different team.

I think it could be similar to Rodriquez taking over for Michigan it's going to take time and we need a new QB

Hulamau
08-07-2009, 10:31 AM

Well I didn't speculate on how many 'intelligent fans' are out there, but I'm trying to be optimistic Oskie! :-) :pimp:

However, luckily at least the most important Fan is smart enough, that's for sure, and that's Bowlen himself. He has the longer term vision and saying off the cuff in some radio banter with Alfred Williams that 8-8 isn't good enough was simply implying he doesn't want to see us stuck in the mud of mediocrity year after year as in the past three seasons in a row, and that isn't acceptable here. Always ****tin' the pot at the end of the season instead of playing our best ball near the end.

Bowlen wants to re-establish the kick ass, take no prisoners reputation we used to have and that Shanny had just gotten too stale to conjure up again ... at least without retooling and recharging himself for a while.

If it took blowing up what didn't work and had gotten stale, which is what he did, so be it! But he will give Josh plenty of head room to bring this all together over the next three years or so. Particularly have pulled the plug on Cutler himself, which really wasn't Josh's doing at all, inspite of what a few Cutler widows insist.

Pat has bought into the whole enchilada and likes what McD is doing this year, and with his longer term plan. He knows as well as anyone this is a total over-haul on the fly and not a win now or your out the door situation at all.

Luckily the owner isn't a flake and will give Josh every opportunity he needs to succeed. Even if we go 6-10 this year with this schedule. Pat's no idiot at all and I'm damn glad he's our owner!

That makes it a hell of a lot easier to sleep at night knowing the charter members of our sister site here, 'The Pouty Mane', aren't calling the shots ;D

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
08-07-2009, 10:42 AM
Our pass protection isn't much different and considering our entire line and line coach have all returned, I can;t imagine there is that much of a falloff from last year. We do have a solid offensive line. Still, I don't believe our D-line could be that great. So I attribute it to four things: As in other camps, the defense getting their sea legs earlier than the offense, the offensive line a bit rusty with the new play calling, the increased size on the D-line (Hamilton and Wiegman struggle against power tackles), and our lack of familiarity practicing against a 3-4.

This will be good for facing the Chargers because we will be more used to facing larger 3-4 fronts.

I am mostly being optomostic about the the group we have at LB. I think we have a few playmakers there. I am hoping that the front 3 can occupy blockers allowing guys like Ayers, Doom, Crowder, etc., to make plays and apply pressure.

Mr. Elway
08-07-2009, 10:43 AM
Really I think if you take Cutler out of the equation most fans would be reasonably happy with McDaniels right now (except of course the fringe). He seems to be doing good things with camp.

My attitude is that we would have been better off with JC and McD should have figured a way to keep him, but that's one mistake for a first time Head Coach with GM power. So I let that go, and measure success from where we are now - a new team with lots of young talent and some big question marks. Success to me this year will be staying tough and competitive with the big dogs through the hardest schedule in the league, and seeing a solid number of the rookies and sophomores develop nicely under the new coaching regime.

My gut feeling is if we keep it together as fans and support the team through some growing pains this year, we could find ourselves looking awfully good in the next year or two. I am an eternal optimist though!

SouthStndJunkie
08-07-2009, 10:47 AM
Really I think if you take Cutler out of the equation most fans would be reasonably happy with McDaniels right now (except of course the fringe). He seems to be doing good things with camp.

I agree 100% with that statement.

TheReverend
08-07-2009, 10:49 AM
"The team looks great, and you utilize your practice time very well, and I like the watermelon for the players after the workout. May I have a slice of watermelon?"http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x148/paul3rd_bucket/ThatsRacist2.gif

TonyR
08-07-2009, 11:15 AM
A lot of people are still stuck on, "we needed to fix the defense, not the offense."

I'd say replacing 8 or more starters, most of the D coaching staff, and changing from a 4-3 to a 3-4 is clearly the beginning of an effort to fix the defense. And since McD's offense was at least as good as, if not better, than Shanny's it would also be stupid not to make that change.

Rock Chalk
08-07-2009, 11:22 AM

Abso ****ing lutely not.

Rock Chalk
08-07-2009, 11:24 AM

My attitude is that we would have been better off with JC and McD should have figured a way to keep him, but that's one mistake for a first time Head Coach with GM power. So I let that go, and measure success from where we are now - a new team with lots of young talent and some big question marks. Success to me this year will be staying tough and competitive with the big dogs through the hardest schedule in the league, and seeing a solid number of the rookies and sophomores develop nicely under the new coaching regime.

My gut feeling is if we keep it together as fans and support the team through some growing pains this year, we could find ourselves looking awfully good in the next year or two. I am an eternal optimist though!

How many times do you dumbasses have to be told. McDaniels was doing everything to keep Cutler. WHen CUTLER decided not to answer the OWNERS phone calls, McDaniels was TOLD to get rid of him.

The whol ****ing thing is Cutler's fault, period. Get over it, he's gone, good riddance.

lex
08-07-2009, 11:36 AM
I'd say replacing 8 or more starters, most of the D coaching staff, and changing from a 4-3 to a 3-4 is clearly the beginning of an effort to fix the defense. And since McD's offense was at least as good as, if not better, than Shanny's it would also be stupid not to make that change.

Shanahan's offense was second in the league with a lot of first and second year starters. The red zone scoring was a function of injuries at RB. When Hillis and Pittman were healthy, red zone scoring wasnt much of a problem. Shanahans approach to RB was hubris and more balance needed to be brought to the offense in terms of play distribution, but an all out scheme change was hardly necessary.

Any problem with a new scheme is a self made problem and should highly scrutinized. There should be no leeway where that excuse is concerned.

Mr. Elway
08-07-2009, 12:15 PM
How many times do you dumbasses have to be told. McDaniels was doing everything to keep Cutler. WHen CUTLER decided not to answer the OWNERS phone calls, McDaniels was TOLD to get rid of him.

The whol ****ing thing is Cutler's fault, period. Get over it, he's gone, good riddance.

Thanks for straightening me out, I realize now I was being unreasonable. :giggle:

footstepsfrom#27
08-07-2009, 12:25 PM
Having once met Paige, who is an utter A-hole, I am sure he gets off on knowing every word that drips from his mouth is repeated on fan boards desperate for the smallest smidgen of information.

A guy in Delaware asked a generic question and we make a thread out of it... pfftt

rastaman
08-07-2009, 12:28 PM
Well I didn't speculate on how many 'intelligent fans' are out there, but I'm trying to be optimistic Oskie! :-) :pimp:

However, luckily at least the most important Fan is smart enough, that's for sure, and that's Bowlen himself. He has the longer term vision and saying off the cuff in some radio banter with Alfred Williams that 8-8 isn't good enough was simply implying he doesn't want to see us stuck in the mud of mediocrity year after year as in the past three seasons in a row, and that isn't acceptable here. Always ****tin' the pot at the end of the season instead of playing our best ball near the end.

Bowlen wants to re-establish the kick ass, take no prisoners reputation we used to have and that Shanny had just gotten too stale to conjure up again ... at least without retooling and recharging himself for a while.

If it took blowing up what didn't work and had gotten stale, which is what he did, so be it! But he will give Josh plenty of head room to bring this all together over the next three years or so. Particularly have pulled the plug on Cutler himself, which really wasn't Josh's doing at all, inspite of what a few Cutler widows insist.

Pat has bought into the whole enchilada and likes what McD is doing this year, and with his longer term plan. He knows as well as anyone this is a total over-haul on the fly and not a win now or your out the door situation at all.

Luckily the owner isn't a flake and will give Josh every opportunity he needs to succeed. Even if we go 6-10 this year with this schedule. Pat's no idiot at all and I'm damn glad he's our owner!

That makes it a hell of a lot easier to sleep at night knowing the charter members of our sister site here, 'The Pouty Mane', aren't calling the shots ;D

Meh......McD is still a risky hire. When teams hire a Bill Belichick product, recent history has shown us that they don't always get all the Bill Belichick genus along with the hire. We Broncos fans had better be prepared to suffer through some rough seasons as the "wunder kid" attempts to find his coaching legs.

It's hard to give McD credit for the Patriots success. They were good before he got there, and they'll be good after he leaves. But it's a risky move to hire such a young 30 something unknown.

OCBronco
08-07-2009, 12:39 PM

Perhaps I'm mistaken, but I thought the Chargers switched over to a 4-3? I thought that was the whole point of promoting Rivera and switching over to his system. I also thought that was why we were able to land Nunnely in the first place.

JJJ
08-07-2009, 02:18 PM
Perhaps I'm mistaken, but I thought the Chargers switched over to a 4-3? I thought that was the whole point of promoting Rivera and switching over to his system. I also thought that was why we were able to land Nunnely in the first place.

Chargers have no intention of switching to a 4-3. None, zero.

They drafted another outside linebacker in Round 1 when they already had two premier OLBs. They will be in the 3-4 indefinitely.

Bronco Rob
08-07-2009, 04:34 PM
;)

TexanBob
08-07-2009, 04:48 PM
The country needed a change, I believe. The Broncos needed a change, I believe.

Exactly. McDiapers = Obama, an arrogant rookie who has never done **** but believes the world must be reshaped in his image and doesn't care if he crashes and burns all the good things that came before him because his ego demands it all be about him.

footstepsfrom#27
08-07-2009, 10:10 PM

Rep...he will surprise people.

footstepsfrom#27
08-07-2009, 10:13 PM
Exactly. McDiapers = Obama, an arrogant rookie who has never done **** but believes the world must be reshaped in his image and doesn't care if he crashes and burns all the good things that came before him because his ego demands it all be about him.
"Good things that came before?" LOL What?...Bush was Shanahan? More like Slowick IMO... Hilarious!

spdirty
08-07-2009, 10:23 PM
Bottom line, the guy wins, all is forgiven and he is the toast of the town, and the Culer fiasco will be forgotten (so long as Cutler isnt successful in Chicago.) He doesnt win, every move will be under the microscope, he will be criticized mercilessly, jeered mercilessly, and a half empty mile high will ensure his quick departure.

I hope for the former but think the latter is more likely to happen.

NFLBRONCO
08-07-2009, 10:43 PM
Ditto for me too. Which is why I'm willing to give this team some time. I'm not looking for the team to turn it around it one season. I'm looking for them to make strides and play 4 quarters of tough football. If they do that and lose, sobeit, but they better put it on the line week in and week out.

Unfortunately, Pat Bowlen doesn't do him favors when he says on the radio that 8-8 isn't acceptable here. "Not for the fans and not for this owner." Folks like Kaylore, Apa, Montrose and myself are in the minority. I'd like to think we can be realistic with our expectations, but the general theme in Denver is... We weren't getting to the playoffs and this guy was brought in to get us to the playoffs... we better get to the playoffs or else. Then you sprinkle in a Jay Cutler debacle (who most on the OM would agree was a Baby J issue more than a McD issue) and I promise you 75% of the population in Denver still looks at McD as though he ran out a Pro-Bowl QB and replaced him with Kyle "Friggin" Orton.

I'm with you guys on this issue I'm excited about new system and new regime. I know it will take 2 yrs to make a legit SB run. QB and DL is huge question marks and hardest to fix overnight it will take at least 2 yrs to fix.

OABB
08-07-2009, 10:46 PM

wow. nice non-sequiter. I'm guessing you are not a steer?

maher_tyler
08-07-2009, 10:50 PM
And even more than that, he's optimistic, with a "wait-and-see" attitude.

That's my stance on all this. I don't see anything better than 9-7..10-6 if we're lucky and nothing worse than 7-9. Just to much going on in one off season to expect anything more than a .500 record. I just can't see our D getting worse over last year. The differences between last year and this as far as i can tell is this: We'll force more turnovers and get more stops on D, prolly be ranked around 20 on overall D! On O i think we'll be a much more run it down your throwt O/more ball control...so our yards per game will prolly be down 50-75 yards less per game over last year. I think will be more efficient down in the red zone due to our better running attack. We'll rank around 8 on O! I think our FG and punt teams will let us down a few times, possibley losing us a game or two!

watermock
08-07-2009, 11:18 PM
The only way we go 9-7 is the rest of the divsion tanks.

Ge a clue.

Cito Pelon
08-07-2009, 11:36 PM

There's a lot of people seizing any opportunity to undermine McD, so it's gonna be tough for him. There's a lot of people that want McD to fail, and are looking forward to seeing him fail.

seanpgk
08-07-2009, 11:36 PM
wow. nice non-sequiter. I'm guessing you are not a steer?

At least spell your nice little, liberal phrase right if you're going to insult him.\\

Seamus
08-07-2009, 11:44 PM
Come on, change is good! :yayaya:

OABB
08-07-2009, 11:57 PM
At least spell your nice little, liberal phrase right if you're going to insult him.\\

What exactly did I say that was Liberal? my god there are some stupid ****s in this thread.

baja
08-08-2009, 12:35 AM

But, but TJ ( and others) said Shanahan was one or two players on defense away from the super bowl.....

JJJ
08-08-2009, 12:49 AM

Bam. LOL

That is hilarious.