PDA

View Full Version : Video of Invesco Practice

UberBroncoMan
08-07-2009, 04:55 AM
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9GpukIWC6Uk&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9GpukIWC6Uk&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Not sure if this was posted or not.

I have to say though that I was very underwhelmed by Orton. Quite a few very weak throws that give the defense too much time to jump the rout or react to bat down the pass.

Ray Finkle
08-07-2009, 05:06 AM
the offense is always a few steps behind in the beginning.....same time last year, the defense looked great....

The MVPlaya
08-07-2009, 05:25 AM
We're actually... blitzing...

The MVPlaya
08-07-2009, 05:28 AM
Check the play ran @ 3:10 where it says "Scrimmage Time"... is it me or is there only 10 defensive players?

KS Bronco
08-07-2009, 05:37 AM
thanks for posting

The MVPlaya
08-07-2009, 05:46 AM
lol @ the last play ... Clady looked like he was just flicking a flea off his shoulder or something... SMH @ Moss.

DenverBrit
08-07-2009, 06:05 AM
From DB.com.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=349&videoID=3376&type=broncosTV&year=&month=

Irish Stout
08-07-2009, 06:58 AM
What was the signifigance of the orange helmets about half the guys are wearing during the special team drills? I wish we had orange helmets all the time.

UberBroncoMan
08-07-2009, 07:28 AM
What was the signifigance of the orange helmets about half the guys are wearing during the special team drills? I wish we had orange helmets all the time.

Both people on offense and defense play on special teams... and since defense is in Blue and offense in White, they needed a way to differentiate who the defense and offense was on special teams, so they made the D wear the red/orange tubes on their helments.

oubronco
08-07-2009, 07:41 AM
Damn Orton sucks he can't throw a good pass over 15 yds

Kaylore
08-07-2009, 07:50 AM
After watching that I see why people would be concerned. However I can tell you honestly that Orton has looked much better than that every practice we've been too. Even SoCal who hates everything about the new regime with a bitter hatred will confirm this. Some of the play calling was crappy too as there wasn't anyone open on some of those plays. On other plays he had a guy in his face. With as good as our line has been, I read this more as good play by our defense on a bad day than "OMG ORT3N is teh $uX0R!!!!!1! NUUUURRRRRRRRR"

atomicbloke
08-07-2009, 08:03 AM
Thanks for posting.... but am I the only one getting a choppy video?

Pseudofool
08-07-2009, 08:23 AM
It looks like it's edited down to Orton's bad highlights. I heard he had two TDs, I didn't see them there. I'm not sure that clip was representative at all of the scrimmage.

It also looked like the DBs were willing to risk jumping routes and getting burned much more than they would in a real game; that makes it mcuh harder to complete passes.

UberBroncoMan
08-07-2009, 08:31 AM
It looks like it's edited down to Orton's bad highlights. I heard he had two TDs, I didn't see them there. I'm not sure that clip was representative at all of the scrimmage.

It also looked like the DBs were willing to risk jumping routes and getting burned much more than they would in a real game; that makes it mcuh harder to complete passes.

Be fair though. The video didn't show any of Orton's 2 INT's to Goodman either.

My concern wasn't so much the rout jumps and all of that... the defense is so used to the offense, etc.

My big worry is how weak Orton's throws were, and how bad his long ball was.

I'm going to reserve my judgment on Orton though until we see action in pre-season games.

Broncosfreak_56
08-07-2009, 08:34 AM
Orton had a lot of good passes that the OP didn't record, but he just happened to record most of his bad ones. The defense seemed really aggressive and the offensive line wasn't up to par this practice. Not to mention we are only, what, 1 week into practice with a complicated system, brand new players, and while missing Brandon Marshall and Moreno. I will be patient and give him more time before I judge him. I just wish other fans had the sense to do that(booers at the practice).

s0phr0syne
08-07-2009, 08:36 AM
Thanks for posting, fun to watch!

Ramathorn
08-07-2009, 09:02 AM
I have to say Orton looks sharp......throwing to uncovered receivers.

Peoples Champ
08-07-2009, 09:18 AM
thanks for the video, ya Orton does look terrible, I hope our D improves a lot this year.

Elway777
08-07-2009, 09:47 AM
Orton look real bad but the Bronco secondary look great. The Broncos might have the best secondary in NFL.

SoDak Bronco
08-07-2009, 10:09 AM
I think Cassle would be doing much better

SoDak Bronco
08-07-2009, 10:10 AM
the look of our defense is already an improvement. Guys at the line, not knowing who is coming, and I saw our corners playing some bump coverage!!!! WOOHOO

TheDave
08-07-2009, 10:25 AM
Yes he missed the TD throws and the 2 point conversion... he also missed one of his picks and his propensity to thow the out to the wrong shoulder. It was bad folks.

Thankfully we still have 5 or 6 weeks to iron things out.