PDA

View Full Version : Women in the Locker Room

Bob's your Information Minister
08-06-2009, 11:40 PM
Some amusing quotes here. I can't copy the whole text because they have a script running. But it's interesting stuff.

http://sdg.scout.com/2/885495.html

Quote:

"Following the game, I attended Coach Ken Whisenhunt's press conference hoping by the time I entered the locker room the players would be dressed and ready to talk. When security opened the door for me, I gasped and couldn't turn around fast enough. There's no pretty way of saying it -- there were grown men naked…everywhere!

Man-Goblin
08-06-2009, 11:56 PM
It's a complicated issue to address. While females have as much of a right to cover sports as anyone else, it's still a locker room. I remember the whole issue with the Patriots in the 90's (in fact it probably had a lot to do with Robert Kraft being able to buy the team). The overwhelming setiment was that these guys should just cover themselves with a towel or a robe of something. But it's a locker room, for freaking sake.

Since then, I would assume there have been efforts to separate the 'dressing room' from the interview room? If not, it's as much the fault of the team and facility as anyone.

SoCalBronco
08-06-2009, 11:57 PM
"When security opened the door for me, I gasped and couldn't turn around fast enough. There's no pretty way of saying it -- there were grown men naked…everywhere!"

Ok, Bob, just admit it. You were jealous of her.

08-07-2009, 12:06 AM
"When security opened the door for me, I gasped and couldn't turn around fast enough. There's no pretty way of saying it -- there were grown men naked…everywhere!"

Ok, Bob, just admit it. You were jealous of her.

I posted this on the Planet but it should draw some laughs here:

This is one reason I will never, ever be a legitimate journalist. There is no ****ing way I am setting foot in a locker room full of naked men, especially if they're pissed off after a loss.

No. ****ing. Way.

SoCalBronco
08-07-2009, 12:07 AM
What does them being pissed off after a loss have anything to do with it?

08-07-2009, 12:07 AM
Since then, I would assume there have been efforts to separate the 'dressing room' from the interview room? If not, it's as much the fault of the team and facility as anyone.

No, of course not.

Killericon
08-07-2009, 12:15 AM
This is one reason I will never, ever be a legitimate journalist.

There are others. :~ohyah!:

It's part of the job. If the athletes don't mind being naked around female reporters, then the female reporters should just deal with it. Either that, or they can interview outside the locker room.

DBroncos4life
08-07-2009, 12:27 AM

because they are not "happy"?

Archer81
08-07-2009, 01:15 AM
I think most women reporters know if I want to be part of this business, I'll need to get in there just like everyone else. Also...its just wang. If you havent seen one by the time you are 20 (like Bob) it could be traumatizing...but most people can cope with it.

:Broncos:

BroncoMan4ever
08-07-2009, 01:34 AM

that threw me off as well. it is still 53 dudes hanging brain, what difference does them being pissed or happy have to do with anything

ol number 7
08-07-2009, 03:32 AM
No, of course not.

It says grown men so I guess she wasn"t in the Chiefs locker room. I hear they were shower caps so their mullets don't get wet and lose the grease.

meangene
08-07-2009, 03:50 AM
What about the reverse? You never hear of male journalists being around naked females in their locker room. Not that I would expect the journalists to complain!

SBboundBroncos
08-07-2009, 10:40 AM
What about the reverse? You never hear of male journalists being around naked females in their locker room. Not that I would expect the journalists to complain!

sexism tsk tsk

gunns
08-07-2009, 10:54 AM
I don't see the big deal and why these women are so freaked out. These are athletes that obviously don't have a problem walking around naked, it's not like we haven't seen it before, it's a job, get the story and if they get smart with you, make a comment about their "manhood". Gets them every time.

Tombstone RJ
08-07-2009, 10:55 AM
It's a complicated issue to address. While females have as much of a right to cover sports as anyone else, it's still a locker room. I remember the whole issue with the Patriots in the 90's (in fact it probably had a lot to do with Robert Kraft being able to buy the team). The overwhelming setiment was that these guys should just cover themselves with a towel or a robe of something. But it's a locker room, for freaking sake.

Actually, no its not. This is what I'd do if I was an owner or GM:

Nobody is allowed in the locker rooms after a game accept players and coaches, period. No press in the locker room, period.

However, the media deserves access to the players and the coaches and therefore they deserve a place to interview the players and the coaches.

Solution: In the locker room after a game there will be a display showing everyone in the locker room who is wanted for an interview. The players who are wanted for an interview must respond and must go to the interview area which will be set up outside the locker room. A player can either go to the interview in pads or he can get dressed and go to the interview. However, he must be ready to interview within minutes of interview alert.

All the players must do an interview if they are requested. They then have a chance to prepare themselves for the interview before they leave the locker room. Any player who refuses to be do the interview will be fined accordingly.Once the inteview(s) are over, the player can go back into the locker room or go home.

Really, it's a simple solution to an awkward situation. The women reporters are not exposed to a bunch of naked men (sorry, but this is very uncomfortable I know I'd feel a little strange walking into a locker room full of naked women walking around, trying to keep my compuser and do my job). Plus, it protects the players too (again, I don't think I'd feel comfortable walking around naked in front of camaras and media people).

Problem solved.

Basically, this levels the playing field for women reporters.

Miss I.
08-07-2009, 11:04 AM

It's part of the job. If the athletes don't mind being naked around female reporters, then the female reporters should just deal with it. Either that, or they can interview outside the locker room.

Yeah, damn biatches...you don;t hear the guys b****ing about seeing chicks naked in the chicks locker rooms...man up lady....grow a set...course that would make her a tranny, but what the hell, that's okay too...ROFL!

Seriously, what's the big? It's just naked guys...now if they act like a-holes that's different, but naked is just not a big deal...

Tombstone RJ
08-07-2009, 11:11 AM
I don't see the big deal and why these women are so freaked out. These are athletes that obviously don't have a problem walking around naked, it's not like we haven't seen it before, it's a job, get the story and if they get smart with you, make a comment about their "manhood". Gets them every time.

That's easy for you to say, your not surrounded by a bunch of 6'4" 300lbs men with nothing on but their birthday suits.

Also, if you want to belittle a guy by making some kind of snide remark about thier unit, then I seriously doubt you'll get many interviews...

Tombstone RJ
08-07-2009, 11:14 AM
Yeah, damn biatches...you don;t hear the guys b****ing about seeing chicks naked in the chicks locker rooms...man up lady....grow a set...course that would make her a tranny, but what the hell, that's okay too...ROFL!

Seriously, what's the big? It's just naked guys...now if they act like a-holes that's different, but naked is just not a big deal...

Again, until you've been there, you have no idea what your talking about.

Garcia Bronco
08-07-2009, 11:31 AM

Or not go in at all.

Miss I.
08-07-2009, 11:35 AM
Again, until you've been there, you have no idea what your talking about.

Quite right, yet how come it comes to telling us how to behave, how to give birth or not, when it comes to **** guys know nothing about they feel compelled to comment? I am just saying.

90% of the stuff on this board is just people pondering, bs-ing, etc, but with very real little experience to back it up.

Understand I am not disagreeing with you, as I do see your point. Fact is, I was pretty much joking that whole post as I am not certain I would be comfortable in an all male environment. Given what women have had to endure in the past to get the right to vote, join the military, break through glass ceilings in other ways, it has been a tough road, but I have been fortunate to live in a time when women before me made that better. In this particular instance, I understand her discomfort and it would honestly make more sense to have all interviews (regardless of gender of the reporter) in an area outside the locker room.

Tombstone RJ
08-07-2009, 11:45 AM
Quite right, yet how come it comes to telling us how to behave, how to give birth or not, when it comes to **** guys know nothing about they feel compelled to comment? I am just saying.

90% of the stuff on this board is just people pondering, bs-ing, etc, but with very real little experience to back it up.

Understand I am not disagreeing with you, as I do see your point. Fact is, I was pretty much joking that whole post as I am not certain I would be comfortable in an all male environment. Given what women have had to endure in the past to get the right to vote, join the military, break through glass ceilings in other ways, it has been a tough road, but I have been fortunate to live in a time when women before me made that better. In this particular instance, I understand her discomfort and it would honestly make more sense to have all interviews (regardless of gender of the reporter) in an area outside the locker room.

Wow, not sure where your getting this stuff from, but it ain't me. You and gunns are the ones saying "its no big deal, the women reporters just need to get over it."

I'm saying it's an uncomfortable situation for everyone involved, players and female reporters.

I'm not telling these women how to do their jobs, you are.

gunns
08-07-2009, 11:47 AM
That's easy for you to say, your not surrounded by a bunch of 6'4" 300lbs men with nothing on but their birthday suits.

Also, if you want to belittle a guy by making some kind of snide remark about thier unit, then I seriously doubt you'll get many interviews...

I did journalism in college and although they weren't naked, I did cover the football team. Belittle? I said if THEY got smart with me, I would make a comment. I think they'd see I could handle myself. Get a little touchy by my mentioning that?

Mr. Elway
08-07-2009, 11:57 AM
If you can't stand the meat get out of the kitchen.

Tombstone RJ
08-07-2009, 12:03 PM
I did journalism in college and although they weren't naked, I did cover the football team. Belittle? I said if THEY got smart with me, I would make a comment. I think they'd see I could handle myself. Get a little touchy by my mentioning that?

Just saying there is certain boundaries that don't need to be crossed. :peace:

Miss I.
08-07-2009, 12:04 PM
Wow, not sure where your getting this stuff from, but it ain't me. You and gunns are the ones saying "its no big deal, the women reporters just need to get over it."

I'm saying it's an uncomfortable situation for everyone involved, players and female reporters.

I'm not telling these women how to do their jobs, you are.

do u just read the portions you want. I specifically said only a couple lines down I agree with you. Geezus, and no, I am not saying you specifically, so whatever.

And I didn't ever tell her how to do her job...just my own comment and again I did acknowledge the discomfort it could cause in the last portion of the post and even acknowledged you were right.

footstepsfrom#27
08-07-2009, 12:08 PM
Players should have the same rights to privacy whether male or female, and unless I seriously miss my guess, NO male reporters are being allowed inside a womens locker room after a game. I don't see what's wrong with players putting some clothes on and stepping into another room to be interviewed, and from the sound of it, most female reporters would probably prefer that.

So why is that a problem?

Tombstone RJ
08-07-2009, 12:09 PM
do u just read the portions you want. I specifically said only a couple lines down I agree with you. Geezus, and no, I am not saying you specifically, so whatever.

And I didn't ever tell her how to do her job...just my own comment and again I did acknowledge the discomfort it could cause in the last portion of the post and even acknowledged you were right.

I'm a guy, I only hear/read what I want to hear/read. :wiggle:

gunns
08-07-2009, 12:43 PM
Just saying there is certain boundaries that don't need to be crossed. :peace:

I agree and I wouldn't think of it unless they crossed.

STBumpkin
08-07-2009, 12:56 PM
I will never, ever be a legitimate journalist.

Quoted for accuracy.

Archer81
08-07-2009, 01:08 PM
How long are these guys naked anyway? 10 minutes? Wait 15 and then go in. If you see some ass or a couple of wango tangos, big deal. Just a naked man. Unless its like some gyms and pools that has the creepy older guy that hangs around naked with a leg up on a bench wanting to talk to everyone and anyone...gravity is not a set of testicle's friend...

enjolras
08-07-2009, 01:21 PM
How uncomfortable people are with sexuality (I assume its sexual, as why else would you be uncomfortable at all?) just boggles my mind. It really does.

Archer81
08-07-2009, 01:27 PM
How uncomfortable people are with sexuality (I assume its sexual, as why else would you be uncomfortable at all?) just boggles my mind. It really does.

Also some of the arguments against gays in professional sports. I dont get the hysterics. A female reporter is not gonna go crazy and run a train on the whole team, and a gay guy is not gonna gang rape the entire team in a shower. Common sense.

Tombstone RJ
08-07-2009, 01:38 PM

yah, I know what you mean. I post nekid all the time too...

Archer81
08-07-2009, 01:39 PM
yah, I know what you mean. I post nekid all the time too...

Sweet! I'm not the only one then.

orange 4 life
08-07-2009, 01:48 PM
This issue has been discussed many times, but to me it's a no brainer.
I'm no chauvenist, but at the same time I (along with my wife) can't stand feminists.
They don't want equality, they wan't superiority.
They wan't to be allowed in a MENS locker room, but want to have their spa's to themselves.
They want to be allowed into Augusta National, but have no problem with the many female exclusive fitness centers.

It's patently ridiculous. No female should be allowed in the locker room. period.

Jason in LA
08-07-2009, 02:00 PM

That issue has come up. The way I understand it, female athletes are allowed to dress in private, and then brought out to an interview room, where the male reports are. The big issue is that female reports were allowed into the dressing areas, which isn't really fair to the male reports. I mean, not only do the female reports get the first shot at the athletes, and potentially get more details, but they also get to see them naked. Fellas, we're getting ripped off! ;D

Jason in LA
08-07-2009, 02:03 PM
This issue has been discussed many times, but to me it's a no brainer.
I'm no chauvenist, but at the same time I (along with my wife) can't stand feminists.
They don't want equality, they wan't superiority.
They wan't to be allowed in a MENS locker room, but want to have their spa's to themselves.
They want to be allowed into Augusta National, but have no problem with the many female exclusive fitness centers.

It's patently ridiculous. No female should be allowed in the locker room. period.

I agree. A lot of them use it like a light switch. When it works in their favor, they want equality. When it doesn't, they want to be treated like a woman.

I'm for equality, but like you said, they aren't looking for equality, they just want their way.

meangene
08-07-2009, 03:04 PM
That issue has come up. The way I understand it, female athletes are allowed to dress in private, and then brought out to an interview room, where the male reports are. The big issue is that female reports were allowed into the dressing areas, which isn't really fair to the male reports. I mean, not only do the female reports get the first shot at the athletes, and potentially get more details, but they also get to see them naked. Fellas, we're getting ripped off! ;D

Well, damn, that is some ****! I say let em all in or keep them all out!