PDA

View Full Version : Some short videos I took at tonight's practice

titan
08-06-2009, 10:30 PM
See them on my blog at:

http://sportsindenver.blogspot.com/

As I say in my blog Orton was unimpressive but I say give him some time. This was only a practice early in camp. I've seen Orton effective in NFL games (like last year's Thursday night game against the Saints) so I'm not ready to give up on him yet. From tonight, though, I can tell Orton lacks the arm strength of the great Denver quarterbacks of the past (Elway, Cutler, Morton). If he succeeds in Denver he'll be more of a Charlie Johnson type.

BlaK-Argentina
08-06-2009, 10:31 PM
Saying Cutler was one of the great Denver QB's of the past is a bit of a stretch.

BlaK-Argentina
08-06-2009, 10:32 PM
Almost forgot... thanks for the vids!

Chris
08-06-2009, 10:35 PM
nice stuff thanks

orange 4 life
08-07-2009, 02:17 PM
Saying Cutler was one of the great Denver QB's of the past is a bit of a stretch.

HUGE stretch. The man didn't play in a single playoff game and didn't lead the team to a single winning season, even in '06 when Plummer handed him the reigns of a 7-4 team with a couple gimme's on the schedule. 2-3 that year and his losing record never turned. Sure, he had some numbers, but he has no heart, no leadership, and no class.

Elway, Plummer, Morton, Tripucka

Cutler can get thrown in with everyone else not worth mentioning.

TheDave
08-07-2009, 02:27 PM
See them on my blog at:

As I say in my blog Orton was unimpressive but I say give him some time. This was only a practice early in camp. I've seen Orton effective in NFL games (like last year's Thursday night game against the Saints) so I'm not ready to give up on him yet. From tonight, though, I can tell Orton lacks the arm strength of the great Denver quarterbacks of the past (Elway, Cutler, Morton). If he succeeds in Denver he'll be more of a Brian Greise type.

Fixed it for ya'...

Gcver2ver3
08-07-2009, 02:28 PM
thanks man...

titan
08-07-2009, 02:52 PM
"If he succeeds in Denver he'll be more of a Brian Greise type."

I'd say based on Orton's performance last night this is an insult to Griese :-)

I still say, though, give Orton time.

TheDave
08-07-2009, 02:57 PM
"If he succeeds in Denver he'll be more of a Brian Greise type."

I'd say based on Orton's performance last night this is an insult to Griese :-)

I still say, though, give Orton time.

I don't disagree with any of what you said... I also think he can be sucessful in this offense. Last night was just hard to watch.

elsid13
08-07-2009, 03:32 PM
The balls do seem to float and take forever to get there.

cmhargrove
08-07-2009, 03:59 PM
See them on my blog at:

As I say in my blog Orton was unimpressive but I say give him some time. This was only a practice early in camp. I've seen Orton effective in NFL games (like last year's Thursday night game against the Saints) so I'm not ready to give up on him yet. From tonight, though, I can tell Orton lacks the arm strength of the great Denver quarterbacks of the past (Elway, Cutler, Morton). If he succeeds in Denver he'll be more of a Charlie Johnson type.

Thanks for the videos.

I actually found myself analyzing the defense more than the offense. I'll have to say i'm getting more optimistic about getting off the field on third and long. I like the "disguised" coverages we can show, and the flow of the LB's on the pass plays.

That's at least something to be optimistic about...