PDA

View Full Version : Orton Boo'ed in the practice tonight ...

Pages : [1] 2

prunch
08-06-2009, 08:10 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090807/ap_on_sp_fo_ne/fbn_broncos_camp

Don't like that at all ..... bad form if true, anyone went?

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. New Denver Broncos quarterback Kyle Orton didn't get the warm welcome he anticipated when he made his unofficial debut at Invesco Field on Thursday night.
Orton was booed by the crowd of 13,402 the largest crowd ever to watch a Broncos practice when he was picked off twice by free agent cornerback Andre' Goodman, the second of which was returned for a long touchdown.
Orton, who also was jeered when he threw behind wide receiver Chad Jackson, said afterward it was the crowd's prerogative to let the Broncos know how they felt.
Orton was acquired from Chicago in the offseason for Pro Bowl passer Jay Cutler.
The crowd also booed punter Brett Kern for a pair of poor punts and also let kicker Matt Prater have it for missing consecutive 43-yard field goal attempts at the end of the scrimmage.
THIS IS A BREAKING NEWS UPDATE. Check back soon for further information. AP's earlier story is below.
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. (AP) Rookie safety David Bruton is getting a crash course in the NFL following Brian Dawkins' injury.
Bruton, a free safety from Notre Dame, has stepped in at strong safety with Denver's first unit since Dawkins got hurt Tuesday. Dawkins is in his first season in Denver after 13 years in Philadelphia.
The Broncos have declined to reveal the nature or extent of Dawkins' injury, saying he'll be out a few days. He appeared to have hurt a wrist or hand during drills.
"What happened with Dawkins, it's sad, but you get your call, it's time to step up ... and hope for a speedy recovery," Bruton said.
The 35-year-old Dawkins, a seven-time Pro Bowl safety, was the cornerstone of Denver's offseason refurbishing project. He signed what is essentially a two-year, $9 million deal following a 13-year run in Philadelphia, where he was enormously popular with the city's traditionally tough fans.
Dawkins is clearly on the downside of his career. Still, he is a hard hitter and leader, the qualities coveted by new Broncos coach Josh McDaniels. McDaniels was the New England Patriots offensive coordinator before replacing Mike Shanahan.
Dawkins said McDaniels envisions him playing a role similar to Rodney Harrison's in New England. Those plans are on hold, but nobody knows for how long.
"He will be out for a few days and then once he is ready to roll here, I wouldn't expect it to last too, too long. Certainly not anything devastating, but I am not going to go into details about what it is and all the rest of that," McDaniels said Wednesday.
Dawkins wasn't on the practice field Thursday morning. McDaniels won't be available until after the team's evening practice at Invesco Field, the Broncos' first training camp workout at their stadium in five years.
"Oh, I'm looking forward to it," Bruton said. "That will be my first time in an actual NFL stadium besides Indianapolis for the combine. I'm hoping not to disappoint. I feel very confident and I feel I've made a lot of strides."
Bruton said his adjustment from free safety to strong safety is going well.
"I played free safety throughout college and I'm in the box now," he said. "And my reads are getting a little better each day and I'm feeling a lot more comfortable."
First-round draft pick Robert Ayers of Tennessee wasn't as thrilled about the night workout.
"Not really, practice is practice," he said, noting that the thousands of fans that were expected won't come close to competing with the huge crowds that watched him work in college.
"Yeah, I'm used to 107,000," Ayers said. "So, this might be a step down."

RhymesayersDU
08-06-2009, 08:13 PM
WE NEED CUTLER BACK, MCDANIELS IS AN IDIOT!!!!!!1

There you go, should be about 5 pages.

snowspot66
08-06-2009, 08:14 PM
Play bad and you'll get booed. Not really concerned. First week of camp. Very complex system.

Cassel was with the Pats for a while and it took him a good month to settle into a comfort zone when Brady went down. We're fortunate enough to have him getting time in camp and the softest part of our schedule (on paper) at the start of the season.

theAPAOps5
08-06-2009, 08:16 PM
Cutler played just as bad in training camps but didn't get booed, its bush league.

RhymesayersDU
08-06-2009, 08:18 PM
Cutler was the golden boy.

Bronco LB52
08-06-2009, 08:19 PM
Play bad and you'll get booed. Not really concerned. First week of camp. Very complex system.

Cassel was with the Pats for a while and it took him a good month to settle into a comfort zone when Brady went down. We're fortunate enough to have him getting time in camp and the softest part of our schedule (on paper) at the start of the season.

Except Cassel didn't have a track record of any sorts. No regular season experience whatsoever.

Orton has a long chronicle of crappy play to his credit...career 5.8 yards/attempt and a 55.3 completion percentage.

Orton blows.

Simms or bust.

theAPAOps5
08-06-2009, 08:20 PM

Too true and sad at that. Fans have gotten dumb that has become glaringly apparent.

Its the first week and a half of camp. Boo during a game in week 12 but now is just lame and pathetic.

snowspot66
08-06-2009, 08:21 PM
Of course Orton has a crappy track record. Half his ****ing starting experience (and thus statistics) was his rookie season (and for the Bears). What do you expect?

MVP-06
08-06-2009, 08:21 PM
were talkn bout praktis?

Rabb
08-06-2009, 08:24 PM
it is stupid to boo like that, it is our team so support it or don't go to the game...unless of course they were pining for the glory days of 2008 where we could **** away a huge division lead while losing to AFC powerhouse teams such as Buffalo and trotting out a defense that probably would have been schooled by every top 25 division 1 school last year

then feel free to boo, and go **** yourselves

yerner
08-06-2009, 08:25 PM
wont be the last time

Gcver2ver3
except cassel didn't have a track record of any sorts. No regular season experience whatsoever.

Orton has a long chronicle of crappy play to his credit...career 5.8 yards/attempt and a 55.3 completion percentage.

Orton blows.

Simms or bust.

fail...

Bronco LB52
Of course Orton has a crappy track record. Half his ****ing starting experience (and thus statistics) was his rookie season (and for the Bears). What do you expect?

The Bears thought so much of Orton they made him their third string QB, behind Rex Grossman and Brian Griese in 2006.

Gcver2ver3
08-06-2009, 08:28 PM
Orton is a big boy, he can take the boos..

but i'm disappointed the Broncos fans booed him...

thats ashame...the guy is trying to learn AND put on a show for the fans and thats the support they give him?...

RhymesayersDU
08-06-2009, 08:28 PM
Too true and sad at that. Fans have gotten dumb that has become glaringly apparent.

Its the first week and a half of camp. Boo during a game in week 12 but now is just lame and pathetic.

We shall see how things turn out.

Not being in Denver, it's hard for me to tell what the climate is. I've come to terms with the 4 or 5-win season we're facing, and many here on the 'Mane are pessimistic. The schedule is brutal. I'm still going to Thanksgiving and the Raiders in December. I'm still excited. But I wonder what other people, normal fans, the other thousands of people who aren't on this message board (or others) think.

But I agree, I wouldn't boo now. What's the point?

You want to know something interesting? On StubHub, the cheapest ticket for the Bears game, a preseason game at that, is $40. You can get cheaper tickets for the games against SD, Oakland, and KC, regular season games against division rivals. Granted, not much cheaper, I think $30 is the lowest. But still, I find it pretty telling. Cutler fever, baby.

seanpgk
08-06-2009, 08:29 PM
were talkn bout praktis?

Nice one JR...

Bronco LB52
08-06-2009, 08:30 PM
Throwing out his rookie season, in his fourth year in the league, Orton ranked 25th in the NFL in DVOA.

http://footballoutsiders.com/stats/qb

Orton is trash.

theAPAOps5
08-06-2009, 08:30 PM
We shall see how things turn out.

Not being in Denver, it's hard for me to tell what the climate is. I've come to terms with the 4 or 5-win season we're facing, and many here on the 'Mane are pessimistic. The schedule is brutal. I'm still going to Thanksgiving and the Raiders in December. I'm still excited. But I wonder what other people, normal fans, the other thousands of people who aren't on this message board (or others) think.

But I agree, I wouldn't boo now. What's the point?

You want to know something interesting? On StubHub, the cheapest ticket for the Bears game, a preseason game at that, is $40. You can get cheaper tickets for the games against SD, Oakland, and KC, regular season games against division rivals. Granted, not much cheaper, I think $30 is the lowest. But still, I find it pretty telling. Cutler fever, baby.

I would never boo the home team but I understand if its been a rough season and its game 12 but practice were you make mistakes so you don't in games its pathetic to boo. Those fans suck, period.

RhymesayersDU
08-06-2009, 08:31 PM
Except Cassel didn't have a track record of any sorts. No regular season experience whatsoever.

Orton blows.

Simms or bust.

ROFL, yes, Simms or bust.

Simms, he of a career 6.3 yard average and 59.1 completion percentage.

Yes, Simms is totally the ticket. The guy who hasn't played in 3 years. Championship!

Gcver2ver3
08-06-2009, 08:31 PM
throwing out his rookie season, in his fourth year in the league, orton ranked 25th in the nfl in dvoa.

orton is trash.

At least simms has a good year (2005) to his credit. Can't say the same thing about orton.

21-12...

theAPAOps5
08-06-2009, 08:32 PM
ROFL, yes, Simms or bust.

Simms, he of a career 6.3 yard average and 59.1 completion percentage.

Yes, Simms is totally the ticket. The guy who hasn't played in 3 years. Championship!

I stopped reading that tool when he said Simms or bust. He is 2 rungs below Orton. You know this guy has no clue with Simms or bust! :spit:

Bronco LB52
08-06-2009, 08:35 PM
21-12...

Courtesy of Brian Urlacher, Lance Briggs, Tommie Harris and company.

Simms actually led the Bucs to a division title and a home playoff game. Orton never did that.

RhymesayersDU
08-06-2009, 08:38 PM
And since we're opening this can of worms, and since I'm procrastinating, Orton's best season is at least even if not better than Simms' best season.

Simms (2005 - 11 Games played, 10 started)
191/313 61.0% 2,035 yards (6.5 per) 10 TD/7 INT

Orton (2008 - 15 Games played, 15 started)
272/465 58.5% 2,972 yards (6.4 per) 18 TD/12 INT

How can somebody so totally be attached to Chris Simms?

I have a feeling Phil Simms posts here. The only reason would be family obligation.

Lolad
08-06-2009, 08:39 PM
wont be the last time

I agree if he doesn't show why he's starting

Gcver2ver3
08-06-2009, 08:39 PM

oh you mean the defense that ranked 21st in the league last season?...

yeah okay...

Dukes
08-06-2009, 08:41 PM

Orton blows.

Simms or bust.

You can't possibly be serious

Rulon Velvet Jones
08-06-2009, 08:41 PM
This LB52 guy is some sort of a joke, right?

Bronco LB52
08-06-2009, 08:43 PM

yeah okay...

A good chunk of his impressive starting QB record (10-5) happened in 2005.

Ironlung
08-06-2009, 08:44 PM

Simms actually led the Bucs to a division title and a home playoff game. Orton never did that.

Courtesy of Derrick Brooks, Simeon Rice, Ronde Barber and company.

Rulon Velvet Jones
08-06-2009, 08:45 PM

Does that mean it never happened, then?

RhymesayersDU
08-06-2009, 08:45 PM

You mean, the year that the Tampa Bay defense was the #1 defense in the league based on total yardage, allowing only 277.8?

http://www.nfl.com/stats/team?seasonId=2005&seasonType=&Submit=Go

BlueCrusher
08-06-2009, 08:46 PM
The booing just disappoints the crap out of me and of course it's right on the AP since it's negative about the Broncos.

Gcver2ver3
08-06-2009, 08:47 PM

look Phil...

stop trying to discredit the man's victories...football is a team effort and Orton has shown he can win football games...i believe he won 9 last season with a lousy defense, 24th ranked rungame, zero WRs and less than zero o-line...all while on a bum ankle half the time...

he's learning the toughest offense in football and was thrown to the wolves for the 1st time in front of 13 thousand rowdy fans..

how bout we cut the guy a little slack...

broncosteven
WOW!

I am guessing Orton didn't look that much like Tom Brady tonight.

Rough welcome to the Broncos HC and the product he fielded.

Were there any high points for Orton?

Meck77
Bronco fans don't **** around. Better to hear it in practice.

Bronco LB52
08-06-2009, 08:48 PM
Does that mean it never happened, then?

If you recall, the Bears rode the coattails of their defense in 2005. Orton was replaced late in the year by Rex Grossman and he didn't start another game until 2007.

Greybeard
08-06-2009, 08:50 PM
You can't possibly be serious

Oh, but he is.

Trolls usually are about this kind of thing . . .

-----

Bronco LB52
08-06-2009, 08:51 PM
look Phil...

stop trying to discredit the man's victories...football is a team effort and Orton has shown he can win football games...i believe he won 9 last season with a lousy defense, 24th ranked rungame, zero WRs and less than zero o-line...all while on a bum ankle half the time...

he's learning the toughest offense in football and was thrown to the wolves for the 1st time in front of 13 thousand rowdy fans..

He ranked 25th in the NFL in DVOA.

That formula takes his lousy supporting cast into consideration.

Inkana7
08-06-2009, 08:51 PM
If you recall, the Bears rode the coattails of their defense in 2005. Orton was replaced late in the year by Rex Grossman and he didn't start another game until 2007.

Grossman lost that game, too.

Dexter
08-06-2009, 08:52 PM
I was there, and it wasn't really as bad as people were saying it was. He got Boo'd maybe one time badly. We also cheered him on when he threw a couple touchdown passes. Isn't that to be expected?

If anyone should be depressed about being boo'd it should be Prater. The crowd was all over him, and I can't say I blame them. I'm not exactly comfortable with him as our Kicker at this point. The very least we could have done was brought in a college free agent to compete.

Swedish Extrovert
08-06-2009, 08:52 PM
And since we're opening this can of worms, and since I'm procrastinating, Orton's best season is at least even if not better than Simms' best season.

Simms (2005 - 11 Games played, 10 started)
191/313 61.0% 2,035 yards (6.5 per) 10 TD/7 INT

Orton (2008 - 15 Games played, 15 started)
272/465 58.5% 2,972 yards (6.4 per) 18 TD/12 INT

How can somebody so totally be attached to Chris Simms?

I have a feeling Phil Simms posts here. The only reason would be family obligation.

Some people you just can't explain... like people who create their handle after Ian Gold.

want2bAbronco2
08-06-2009, 08:53 PM
Were there any high points for Orton?

Yea! lol he gets booed for 2 int (even Elway, Plummer, JC, and EVER other qb gets booed for a int). What they didnt say was he had 2 TDs and a 2 pt converstion. So he had 2 TDs and 2 Ints, not the greatest, but the D is always ahead of the O. I don't think that is bad for first time game speed.

Gcver2ver3
08-06-2009, 08:56 PM
I was there, and it wasn't really as bad as people were saying it was. He got Boo'd maybe one time badly.

well someone may wanna tell the national media that, because it's already making headlines...national media outlets are reporting he got booed and jeered throughout the night...

it's on ESPN and PFT for starters already...

Bronco LB52
Some people you just can't explain... like people who create their handle after Ian Gold.

My handle was created to honor Randy Gradishar, circa 1975.

theAPAOps5

I wasn't going to go there but I am glad you did! LOL

broncosteven
08-06-2009, 08:59 PM
My handle was created to honor Randy Gradishar, circa 1975.

Um I don't remember him lining up in anything other than a 53.

Dexter
well someone may wanna tell the national media that, because it's already making headlines...national media outlets are reporting he got booed and jeered throughout the night...

Anything to make this organization look bad. It was being blown way out of proportion. They must have thought Orton was wearing number 5.

KevinJames
why would you boo him?

Gcver2ver3
08-06-2009, 09:00 PM
Anything to make this organization look bad. It was being blown way out of proportion.

yea it's ashame...

broncosteven
08-06-2009, 09:01 PM
why would you boo him?

I can't believe anyone would boo a team during practice!

spdirty
08-06-2009, 09:03 PM
lol! Gonna be a long ****ing season, get use to it Kyle.

DBroncos4life
08-06-2009, 09:03 PM
I doubt this is what Cutler was talking about was it?

Dukes
08-06-2009, 09:04 PM
Unlike Jay, Orton has the maturity to handle fans booing him.

Los Broncos
08-06-2009, 09:04 PM
You throw some picks and you get boo'ed.

And if Simms was at the controls I might kill myself.

Anyone lobbying for him as the starter is up in the night.

footstepsfrom#27
08-06-2009, 09:05 PM
Booing players in practice? LOL ...man there's some dumb people in the world.

hambone13
08-06-2009, 09:05 PM
I was there, and it wasn't really as bad as people were saying it was. He got Boo'd maybe one time badly. We also cheered him on when he threw a couple touchdown passes. Isn't that to be expected?

If anyone should be depressed about being boo'd it should be Prater. The crowd was all over him, and I can't say I blame them. I'm not exactly comfortable with him as our Kicker at this point. The very least we could have done was brought in a college free agent to compete.

Seems like ever since Prater got his tribal tatoo, he's just sucked....stupid tattoo for a frick'n kicker IIMO...what a dork....strong leg....but a dork....

BroncoSojia
08-06-2009, 09:06 PM
we sittin' here talkin' bout practice. Not a game, practice.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eGDBR2L5kzI&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eGDBR2L5kzI&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

KevinJames
08-06-2009, 09:06 PM
I can't believe anyone would boo a team during practice!

I can't believe we would boo a new quarterback thats learning a new system and who was intercepted by our defense I thought we wanted our defense to force turnovers? Sounds like that is just what they were doing........ its dumb for our fans to boo in a team scrimmage.......really disappointing

Meck77
08-06-2009, 09:08 PM
Booing players in practice? LOL ...man there's some dumb people in the world.

Have you been to a broncos practice before? You put a few thousand people around a practice and a few people will get heard. The media will make a story out of anything.

doof
08-06-2009, 09:08 PM
The crowd also booed punter Brett Kern for a pair of poor punts and also let kicker Matt Prater have it for missing consecutive 43-yard field goal attempts at the end of the scrimmage.

This is the part of the quote I'm most concerned about. From all accounts thus far, Prater has been sucking a** and sounds like he's totally lost it. Are there any other options out there that we can explore to hopefully salvage our kicking game?

El Guapo
08-06-2009, 09:10 PM
Throwing out his rookie season, in his fourth year in the league, Orton ranked 25th in the NFL in DVOA.

Orton is trash.

I'm willing to give him a shot under our good offensive line, though. I think it's only fair. Hell, we don't really have much choice (although Vick being in town might be a good sign).

:clown:

broncogary
08-06-2009, 09:12 PM
Um I don't remember him lining up in anything other than a 53.

Nope, he was 52 his first year.

NFLBRONCO
08-06-2009, 09:12 PM
Booing in practice with a new qb new system ever heard of growing pains. Fans are flat out unrealistic. Cutler being a Bear now isn't Orton's fault. Do I think Orton is longterm answer NO but, he's here now give him a chance.

Atlas
08-06-2009, 09:14 PM
The booing just disappoints the crap out of me and of course it's right on the AP since it's negative about the Broncos.

They weren't booing Orton persay. They were just practicing for the regular season.

DarkHorse30
08-06-2009, 09:18 PM
Obviously this is an evil plan by McD to make our defense look better than it is.......great job, Orton , for throwing those intentional picks so that the D looks better than it is.

Unfortunately the press whiffed and reported on Orton's flubs, rather than the really bad D from last year improving.....DRAT!

footstepsfrom#27
08-06-2009, 09:19 PM
Have you been to a broncos practice before? You put a few thousand people around a practice and a few people will get heard. The media will make a story out of anything.
I used to go every summer when they were in Greeley. I don't really remember anybody booing from the sidelines, but I could be wrong. In any case, it's still stupid.

Ambiguous
08-06-2009, 09:22 PM
Obviously this is an evil plan by McD to make our defense look better than it is.......great job, Orton , for throwing those intentional picks so that the D looks better than it is.

Unfortunately the press whiffed and reported on Orton's flubs, rather than the really bad D from last year improving.....DRAT!

I realize your sarcasm here, but at least make it plausible.

If he wanted to cover up something, don't you think it would be the QB situation and not the atrocious D he didn't create?

kamakazi_kal
08-06-2009, 09:25 PM
Orton is a big boy, he can take the boos..

but i'm disappointed the Broncos fans booed him...

thats ashame...the guy is trying to learn AND put on a show for the fans and thats the support they give him?...

awwwww poor Orton .... he throws 2 picks and gets booed ... shocking. They must not have any dump off to the runningback plays today.

maher_tyler
08-06-2009, 09:25 PM
Guess we know why Cutler gave our fans a 6 out of 10...we boo our QB after only a few practices..i guess they didn't see OUR guy get an INT on the same play either...idiots!!

kamakazi_kal
08-06-2009, 09:27 PM

yeah okay...

That's funny considering Orton didnt win a single game that the defense/ST didn't have 2 turnovers or a score in.

Bob's your Information Minister
08-06-2009, 09:29 PM
http://i28.tinypic.com/2yl30u8.gif

maher_tyler

Cause the Bucs D sucked...

worm
What do you expect for fans rated a '6' in recent polls?

NFLBRONCO
I feel for Orton

Shadow of Elway
First QB after Cutler trade
New System
Alot of fans hate McD so Orton will get all the wrath if he's not perfect.

worm
08-06-2009, 09:30 PM
Winning, by the way, will cure everything.

kamakazi_kal
08-06-2009, 09:30 PM
Grossman lost that game, too.

Too true, I will admit Orton was better then Grossman .... that dude was just a horrible QB.

enjolras
08-06-2009, 09:32 PM
I freely admit I haven't really read through the thread (just kind of skimmed it).

From where I was sitting the whole thing was kind of a joke (they boo'ed Prater as well). The guy next to me told me he was just practicing:)

The beer was flowing pretty heavily... people just let him have it a bit, but I think the whole thing was relatively good natured.

kamakazi_kal
08-06-2009, 09:32 PM

HA HA, man you should know the national media downs every team that's not on the right side of the country. Brady has a practice without a knee brace and theirs a breaking news headline and twitter/text/ticker updates to the entire planet.

lostknight
08-06-2009, 09:33 PM
I was there tonight. I didn't boo him, but I completely understand everyone in the stadium that was. In reality, the 3 picks (one called back on defensive penalty) where just the tip of the iceberg. He really should have have 3 more off of two swatted balls where the d-lineman could not get to it quickly enough, and off of a circus catch by Stokley in traffic.

I've been to training camp a couple of times. I was shocked by how awful he was today. As good as he has been early this season, he was that bad today. Previous training camps I have thought "how on earth did he get pulled in Chicago with his record." After tonight, I completely understand. Anything that required airing it out was pretty much a garunteed interception.

Cutler's had bad practices before. So did Jake. It's unfortunite that Ortan had his in public. The DB's were reading his eyes like a penthouse magazine in the hands of a 15 year old.

The person next to me remarked "If he plays that way in the regular season, they will be calling for Simms before the first quarter is done".

It was a strange juxeposition, because Simms was actually playing well - the first time all camp that I thought he played better then Orton did.

The other big surprise to me was Robert Ayers. He was playing all over the field tonight, including dropping back in covereage to allow a corner blitz. Seemed to do okay.

Popps
08-06-2009, 09:33 PM
Oh well. It'll all come out in the wash. These same douche-bags booing PRACTICE will be the first ones sporting Orton jerseys if things start going well.

DarkHorse30
08-06-2009, 09:35 PM
I realize your sarcasm here, but at least make it plausible.

If he wanted to cover up something, don't you think it would be the QB situation and not the atrocious D he didn't create?

Sorry, my sarcasm is uncontrollable.....it just comes out randomly

Ambiguous
08-06-2009, 09:36 PM
I used to go every summer when they were in Greeley. I don't really remember anybody booing from the sidelines, but I could be wrong. In any case, it's still stupid.

It is stupid, but we are in the middle what could be one of the biggest offeason blunders in NFL history. I don't know how it will pan out and I want Kyle to succeed, but he is in a very tough situation. I feel like he is getting booed not because of his play, but because of the organization that put him there in the first place.

kamakazi_kal
08-06-2009, 09:37 PM

Agreed ..... I can't wait for the season to start so I can just watch and quit stewing over this offseason. Got my thumb out waiting for the bandwagon.

MplsBronco
08-06-2009, 09:38 PM
I can't believe we are going with Prater. That makes me sick to my stomach.

Premier-Ace55
08-06-2009, 09:40 PM
Cutler played just as bad in training camps but didn't get booed, its bush league.

I'm not sure he threw that many picks from what i remember but i could be wrong.

lostknight
Other tidbits - Royal pretty much took a return to the house, while Smith looked good in general. Orton struggled to connect with anyone other then Gaffney - although Royal dropped a perfect pass. The players were actually lower key then they were at the practices I was at.

Buckhalter was solid - if not flashy. Hillis was just his usual beast self.

kamakazi_kal
Oh well. It'll all come out in the wash. These same douche-bags booing PRACTICE will be the first ones sporting Orton jerseys if things start going well.

I'd consider buying one ....... everytime I buy a players jersey he gets cut or traded.....I bought my daughter a Bailey jersey ...... sucks... I know.

lostknight
08-06-2009, 09:41 PM
I'm not sure he threw that many picks from what i remember but i could be wrong.

Not at the practices I was at. I do remember Plummer doing so the first time I ever want to camp in 2005. He had a miserable training camp in general, until the QB coaches restricted what he could throw.

JJJ
08-06-2009, 09:42 PM
Where is the guy who wanted to change his prediction to 13-3 when they were in shorts?

footstepsfrom#27
08-06-2009, 09:43 PM
It is stupid, but we are in the middle what could be one of the biggest offeason blunders in NFL history. I don't know how it will pan out and I want Kyle to succeed, but he is in a very tough situation. I feel like he is getting booed not because of his play, but because of the organization that put him there in the first place.
There's probably something to that. None of this is his fault, but regardless of how this shakes out, fans can talk on the internet about it but they ought to at least support the guy on the field, certainly before he's even taken a snap there's no reason to diss him by booing...obviously not in a practice of all things.

Premier-Ace55
08-06-2009, 09:46 PM
Not at the practices I was at. I do remember Plummer doing so the first time I ever want to camp in 2005. He had a miserable training camp in general, until the QB coaches restricted what he could throw.

That doesn't seem like what you want to happen. Bottom line he needs to cut down on the picks period. I don't know what it's going to take but they are going to need to fix that or we are going to suck. We can sit here and say it's bush league and immature to boo him and stuff but bottom line is that it's silly that he has thrown so many picks. It seems like it's been one a day.

cutthemdown
08-06-2009, 09:48 PM
wow already?

lostknight
08-06-2009, 09:50 PM
That doesn't seem like what you want to happen. Bottom line he needs to cut down on the picks period. I don't know what it's going to take but they are going to need to fix that or we are going to suck. We can sit here and say it's bush league and immature to boo him and stuff but bottom line is that it's silly that he has thrown so many picks. It seems like it's been one a day.

In 2005 the Broncos restricted the playbook considerably and Jake Plummer did very well with a smaller playbook.The reality is that sometimes coaches just don't understand that there scheme is too complex and the player can't execute on it. From the practices I have seen, asking Orton to execute on anything more then 15 yards down field is begging for a interception based on tonight.

24champ
08-06-2009, 09:54 PM
Most of you were not there, and if you saw how ****y Orton played tonight, you would likely boo as well. I think my section in 105 was the loudest at booing. Orton essentially had 6 picks tonight, 3 of which were dropped by the defense. Not to mention when the pressure is on, Orton can't do jack s***.

Prater got booed as well tonight, just a rough practice overall. I think most of the fans were not impressed tonight. Hope it's not a sign of things to come, but tonight could be a small preview of a rough season.

Premier-Ace55
08-06-2009, 09:58 PM
if they have to restrict the playbook that much than we are going lose some of the things that made mcdaniels a attractive coaching candidate in the first place. Lost Knight and 24champ from what you saw is it that Orton doesn't have ability to throw the deep ball. Can he not read defenses. Slow Delivery, poor footwork.... why is he having these problems.

Ambiguous
08-06-2009, 09:59 PM
There's probably something to that. None of this is his fault, but regardless of how this shakes out, fans can talk on the internet about it but they ought to at least support the guy on the field, certainly before he's even taken a snap there's no reason to diss him by booing...obviously not in a practice of all things.

I agree 100%. I want him to do well - I think it's total BS that he got booed, especially in practice. Who even cares when a preseason game is lost let alone practice?

I just think most fans - probably very few that post here, but the more casual fans, have a really bitter taste in their mouth about how the trade happened and the state of the team in general.

If Cutler made the same mistakes they could have been written off as growing pains, but Orton is pretty much what you see is what you get in the eyes of most fans. I think most people here realize that he can succeed in McD's system (or maybe we are just more hopeful), either way there is going to be a lot of jumping to conclusions through the preseason and the first few weeks of the season.

DBroncos4life
08-06-2009, 10:01 PM

You play like you PRACTICE. There was over a 1000 people there I doubt that Orton's jersey sales reach that.

Broncoman13
08-06-2009, 10:02 PM
This.

24champ
08-06-2009, 10:03 PM
http://threadbombing.com/data/media/2/Boo.gif

Rabb
08-06-2009, 10:05 PM
Most of you were not there, and if you saw how ****y Orton played tonight, you would likely boo as well. I think my section in 105 was the loudest at booing. Orton essentially had 6 picks tonight, 3 of which were dropped by the defense. Not to mention when the pressure is on, Orton can't do jack s***.

Prater got booed as well tonight, just a rough practice overall. I think most of the fans were not impressed tonight. Hope it's not a sign of things to come, but tonight could be a small preview of a rough season.

all due respect because I seriously like your camp reports and opinions but, no...I wouldn't

DBroncos4life
08-06-2009, 10:09 PM
LOL at the people that thought that he was going to be out of Elway's shadow. Looks like he walked into something worse.

Archer81
08-06-2009, 10:11 PM
Season is decided the first week in August? Come on now. Prater had a hard time last season with field goals between 40-49 yards. Needs to work on it. Orton had a **** practice. Oh well. Early enough it can be worked on. Isnt that the point of TC? Work out the kinks and mistakes?

:Broncos:

24champ
08-06-2009, 10:11 PM
if they have to restrict the playbook that much than we are going lose some of the things that made mcdaniels a attractive coaching candidate in the first place. Lost Knight and 24champ from what you saw is it that Orton doesn't have ability to throw the deep ball. Can he not read defenses. Slow Delivery, poor footwork.... why is he having these problems.

Tonight the offense was pretty much vanilla, but even so Orton's problem comes from a couple things... timing issues, and the fact he sucks when under the gun by the opposing defense. If the pressure is on Orton, he becomes a mediocre QB really quick. Along with the interceptions tonight, there had to have been several "sacks". Wasn't a good night for Orton by any means.

theAPAOps5
08-06-2009, 10:13 PM
Where is the guy who wanted to change his prediction to 13-3 when they were in shorts?

They have yet to play in shorts but keep trying there buddy

Broncoman13
You play like you PRACTICE. There was over a 1000 people there I doubt that Orton's jersey sales reach that.

Try 13000 genius.

The fans in Denver are not happy. I have tried to explain this in the past to no avail. This is only the tip of the iceberg too. There are as many as 20000 tickets up for sale for Broncos games. Mark my words right now. There will me 50/50 crowds in Mile High this year unless Orton gets it together. Local radio and the fans calling in have been brutal on Orton. When you have people asking for Vick, you might be in trouble... Especially when fans want that douche bag playing QB. Yeah, Jay Cutler might have a point. The watch on Orton has gone to the next level. And for those that think it is just Orton's play getting boo's...you're missing the bigger picture.

theAPAOps5
Tonight the offense was pretty much vanilla, but even so Orton's problem comes from a couple things... timing issues, and the fact he sucks when under the gun by the opposing defense. If the pressure is on Orton, he becomes a mediocre QB really quick. Along with the interceptions tonight, there had to have been several "sacks". Wasn't a good night for Orton by any means.

Well seeing as how you suck at judging QB's I am optimistic. Thanks for sharing this or else I really would be worried.

DBroncos4life
08-06-2009, 10:14 PM
Try 13000 genius.

The fans in Denver are not happy. I have tried to explain this in the past to no avail. This is only the tip of the iceberg too. There are as many as 20000 tickets up for sale for Broncos games. Mark my words right now. There will me 50/50 crowds in Mile High this year unless Orton gets it together. Local radio and the fans calling in have been brutal on Orton. When you have people asking for Vick, you might be in trouble... Especially when fans want that douche bag playing QB. Yeah, Jay Cutler might have a point. The watch on Orton has gone to the next level. And for those that think it is just Orton's play getting boo's...you're missing the bigger picture.

thats still over a thousand right? :)

DBroncos4life
08-06-2009, 10:17 PM
I missed a 0 and typed 1000 instead while typing lord help me.

Archer81
08-06-2009, 10:18 PM

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! BOO I SAY!

Broncoman13
08-06-2009, 10:18 PM
thats still over a thousand right? :)

Technically.... Yes. It's over 100 too. :p

Gcver2ver3
08-06-2009, 10:19 PM
Most of you were not there, and if you saw how ****y Orton played tonight, you would likely boo as well. I think my section in 105 was the loudest at booing. Orton essentially had 6 picks tonight, 3 of which were dropped by the defense. Not to mention when the pressure is on, Orton can't do jack s***

one bad practice is how i'm going to chalk this one up as...

i guess the guy must've just stumbled into the 2 TD passes he threw...

my question to you is... did you boo?...

SonOfLe-loLang
08-06-2009, 10:19 PM
Whatever, we havent even played the first preseason game yet. If the broncos win, people won't give a ****. Lets not overreact...then again, this is the Mane

24champ
08-06-2009, 10:20 PM
all due respect because I seriously like your camp reports and opinions but, no...I wouldn't

What you see is what you get and while I didn't boo...more like laughed. I can't blame the fans, they have always had high expectations when it comes to QBs. That being said, I don't think Orton is the long term answer some on here seem to think he is. Stopgap QB is my opinion of Orton.

DBroncos4life
08-06-2009, 10:20 PM

I flipped you off.

Archer81
08-06-2009, 10:21 PM
I flipped you off.

LOL.

DBroncos4life
08-06-2009, 10:22 PM
one bad practice is how i'm going to chalk this one up as...

i guess the guy must've just stumbled into the 2 TD passes he threw...

2 tds with 3 ints more often then not get you a L in a NFL game.

Ambiguous

This is what we do here now. I will play the part.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! BOO I SAY! cough cough gutless drunk cough (can't say that here) BOOOOOOOOOOO BOOOOOOOOO BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

DBroncos4life
LOL.

It was behind my back though......:)

Gcver2ver3
08-06-2009, 10:23 PM
2 tds with 3 ints more often then not get you a L in a NFL game.

i'm hearing people say he did nothing right...

so i guess he just tripped and fell into the 2 TD passes he threw...

Ambiguous
08-06-2009, 10:26 PM

No, our defense sucks. He was actually trying to run the clock out on a spike, but he fumbled and it was recovered in the end zone.

DBroncos4life
08-06-2009, 10:27 PM

So Cutler didn't bother you as a QB then when he tossed a couple of picks as long as he had lots of yards and a few TDs with them?

24champ
08-06-2009, 10:28 PM

No, but a lot of people around me did. It was just practice, although my gut feeling is that this a preview of what is coming for the season.

Archer81
08-06-2009, 10:30 PM
This is what we do here now. I will play the part.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! BOO I SAY! cough cough gutless drunk cough (can't say that here) BOOOOOOOOOOO BOOOOOOOOO BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

You sir, have killed a perfectly good bit.

Taco John
08-06-2009, 10:30 PM
I'm disappointed that people would boo him in his first large event. That doesn't bode well for the season. Let's hope it was an isolated incident.

Gcver2ver3
08-06-2009, 10:32 PM
So Cutler didn't bother you as a QB then when he tossed a couple of picks as long as he had lots of yards and a few TDs with them?

we are clearly going down two diff paths...

i thought my point was clear in merely pointing out that while his practice clearly didn't go well, that he did make at least some good plays...so i look to build from that...

you're talking about wins vs losses and ints to TDs and Cutler and all kinds of other crap that don't matter to me in early Aug...

Orton is learning a new complicated scheme and McD and Co threw a bunch at him...Orton had some ups and downs with what appears to be mostly downs...

Orton sucked today...i get that...but he has time to get better...

how bout we hold off on the Cutler/3INTs to 2 TD game scenarios for right now?...

Ambiguous
08-06-2009, 10:33 PM

We didn't ever get to the point of expecting the guy to be perfect, that would have came either this year or in 2010.

I think the consensus is that Orton is pretty much at his potential. Maybe he's growing but good luck convincing anyone of that.

ton80
08-06-2009, 10:37 PM

Cutler was the golden shower.

Broncoman13
08-06-2009, 10:38 PM

Oh I figure you just stopped when you got as high as you could count. ;)

DBroncos4life
08-06-2009, 10:39 PM
Oh I figure you just stopped when you got as high as you could count. ;)

I admit I its hard counting toes to a number that high.

Broncoman13
08-06-2009, 10:41 PM
I admit I its hard counting toes to a number that high.

;)

ton80
08-06-2009, 10:42 PM

Agreed Caption Obvious. Orton sucks. Every TD pass Orton threw during his entire tenure as a bear could only have happened because of the Bears defense. Thanks for setting the record straight.

DBroncos4life
08-06-2009, 10:43 PM
Agreed Caption Obvious. Orton sucks. Every TD pass Orton threw during his entire tenure as a bear could only have happened because of the Bears defense. Thanks for setting the record straight.

All 30 of them? Some QBs call that a season.

Ambiguous
08-06-2009, 10:44 PM
You sir, have killed a perfectly good bit.

That's what I do. BOOOOOOOOOO to your bit.

ton80
08-06-2009, 10:48 PM

Man, if there was only a way to make all the sky is falling mopes on this website drink a cup of sour owl $hit after every Broncos victory this year.............

24champ
08-06-2009, 10:53 PM
Man, if there was only a way to make all the sky is falling mopes on this website drink a cup of sour owl $hit after every Broncos victory this year.............

Why do I get the feeling you have drank a cup of sour owl sh** before?

fdf
08-06-2009, 10:56 PM

Well, doesn't that just prove you are not qualified to judge booing of quarterbacks?;D

ton80
08-06-2009, 10:57 PM
Why do I get the feeling you have drank a cup of sour owl sh** before?

Its Guinness, at least tonight. Wallow in your negativism. Enjoy.

lex
08-06-2009, 10:57 PM
Like Ive said many times, it could get very ugly this year.

Theres no reason that people should give a **** that theyre installing a new offense.

ton80
08-06-2009, 10:59 PM
All 30 of them? Some QBs call that a season.

Yep. And everyone knows that a team can't win a Superbowl unless Peyton Manning or Tom Brady is your QB.

24champ
08-06-2009, 11:00 PM
Its Guinness, at least tonight. Wallow in your negativism. Enjoy.

If you can't handle other fan perspectives on the team and just want to shield yourself from "negativism" then go to Broncomania or BroncosCountry. You'd fit in with the band of retards over there real well. :thumbsup:

DBroncos4life
08-06-2009, 11:03 PM
Well, doesn't that just prove you are not qualified to judge booing of quarterbacks?;D

If god wanted us to count above twenty we would have more fingers and toes :)

All joking aside this isn't Chitown. We have seen a NFL QB play so we have higher expectations for ours then most teams do. Booing in practice might be over the top but Denver isn't a easy place to play QB. I said it before and I will say it again we turned on Griese, Plummer, and Cutler so Orton better cut down on the mistakes or it will be a short lived welcome for him in the city a mile high.

ton80
08-06-2009, 11:07 PM
If you can't handle other fan perspectives on the team and just want to shield yourself from "negativism" then go to Broncomania or BroncosCountry. You'd fit in with the band of retards over there real well. :thumbsup:

For the life of me I cannot understand how under a new coach, a new team 1st philosophy, a new season, a new this, a new that, a new everything, fellow Omaners insist on taking a negative outlook to a season that hasn't even started.

Now Vanilla Ice (I've seen your picture), go chug that glass of owl $hit.

Miss I.
08-06-2009, 11:09 PM
Yep. And everyone knows that a team can't win a Superbowl unless Peyton Manning or Tom Brady is your QB.

oh be fair, you know someitmes if you are really lucky you can win with the other brother Eli...or that Big Ben fella...

Blueflame
08-06-2009, 11:13 PM
Try 13000 genius.

But... but... ZachKC assured me that the Broncos fanbase isn't at all alienated by the offseason circus...

Wes Mantooth
08-06-2009, 11:14 PM
WE NEED CUTLER BACK, MCDANIELS IS AN IDIOT!!!!!!1

There you go, should be about 5 pages.

Yeah, I heard that Cutler once fought a family of grizzley bears with nothing but his hands and a used tooth-pick.

That is the guy I want behind center. Don't know what the Broncos were thinking.

DBroncos4life
08-06-2009, 11:14 PM

While its not always the case most of them have more then a 6 TD a year average. There have been a few that haven't thrown for more then 15 in a season like Brad Johnson and Trent Dilfer, but lets not try and make our D into something that its not. Did Johnson have 22 tds to 6 picks that year? Oh well point is a QB throwing more TDs sometimes helps a team win.

24champ
08-06-2009, 11:18 PM
For the life of me I cannot understand how under a new coach, a new team 1st philosophy, a new season, a new this, a new that, a new everything, fellow Omaners insist on taking a negative outlook to a season that hasn't even started.

One could say the opposite, new this and that. And some here are claiming 13-3 seasons and Orton= Tom Brady on here.

Now Vanilla Ice (I've seen your picture), go chug that glass of owl $hit
That was a McDaniels picture numbnut. Taken from a DPO profile on McD. Hence the McVanilla Ice tagline. Moron.

Archer81
08-06-2009, 11:26 PM
oh be fair, you know someitmes if you are really lucky you can win with the other brother Eli...or that Big Ben fella...

The Eli fellah has the boy next door vibe...YOUKNOWWHATIMSAYIN...lol...

TheDave
08-06-2009, 11:27 PM
Orton deserved to be boo'd... In the couse of 5 plays he threw 2 picks and 7 yard out to the wrong shoulder (most lkely as pick 6 on Sundays). The worst part was that the first pick was a ball that floated on him... I had to take a 2nd look to see if it was #14 who threw the ball.

My hope is that this was just a sub-par practice... If not, we are in trouble.

ton80
08-06-2009, 11:42 PM
One could say the opposite, new this and that. And some here are claiming 13-3 seasons and Orton= Tom Brady on here.

An incoherent statement.

That was a McDaniels picture numbnut. Taken from a DPO profile on McD. Hence the McVanilla Ice tagline. Moron.

This one just cracks me up. I saw your picture posted with the other Omaners at the practice a couple days ago. I thought to myself, that fat a$$ in the middle thinks he's Vanilla Ice. Then, to see a Vanilla Ice reference below your name. Too funny. Typical projection.

24champ
08-06-2009, 11:44 PM
This one just cracks me up. I saw your picture posted with the other Omaners at the practice a couple days ago. I thought to myself, that fat a$$ in the middle thinks he's Vanilla Ice. Then, to see a Vanilla Ice reference below your name. Too funny. Typical projection.

Like Shaggy says...wasn't me.Hilarious!

Hulamau
08-06-2009, 11:46 PM

You're speaking of Montrose, one of the better posters on the board and the team hasn't been in short's all training camp Einstein, except this morning's walk through.

A few lessons for the mentally challenged here who take any of this booing crap seriously one week into training camp.

Defense is always .. I mean ALWAYS .... well ahead of the offense at this point, if not then you are in serious trouble! As even Simms said after practice tonight the defense get so accustomed to all the plays and formations in a given 11 on 11 drill, they know pretty much the limited array of what is coming that everyone is working on at the moment, and generally have a big advantage over the offense at this stage of the game.

Corners are going to jump routes alot more than in a real game so a couple picks is nothing to slit your wrist over. In fact, had there been no INTs then this AP writer (why am I not surprised?!?) and the other numbskulls out there would but booing the hell out of the defense and we'd see thousand word articles and ESPN 'Breaking News' analysis about how Denver is doomed with an even worse defense than last year .. and all after a week one scrimmage. Hilarious!

Orton had a few TD's and two point conversion with Cheers as well ( not many I suspect from the Boo birds), and he threw a lot of nice passes to Gaffney, Royal and Stokely as well.

In any event, its really idiotic form from the fans to Boo at a practice, particularly this early, but I'm afraid there's been an infusion of pouty, sulky idiot fans for some time now, too many of whom have little idea or perspective on what they are really looking at.

Whatever, it is as it is. The American Idol mentality. Vote 'em up or down every day. Instant gratification or bust ...

Hulamau
08-06-2009, 11:54 PM
In 2005 the Broncos restricted the playbook considerably and Jake Plummer did very well with a smaller playbook.The reality is that sometimes coaches just don't understand that there scheme is too complex and the player can't execute on it. From the practices I have seen, asking Orton to execute on anything more then 15 yards down field is begging for a interception based on tonight.

Thank our lucky stars you're not the coach then! :afro:

TheDave
08-06-2009, 11:57 PM
I'm just curious... Some folks here sure don't like the thought of us booing the new QB. What about Prater? He missed 3 consecutive from 42 yards... Did he earn a ribbing from the fans or was that out of line also?

IMO Orton had 2 terrible back to back series and heard it from the fans. Trust me if he pulls the same stunt during the season it will be MUCH worse.

Like I said before, lets hope this was just a bad practice.

SouthStndJunkie
08-07-2009, 12:06 AM
Prater sucks....I was telling everyone that last year.

A strong leg alone does not equate to success as a kicker.

Meanwhile, Jason Elam was 29/31 last year for the Falcons.

As for Orton....he better get used to it.

I thought he was average at his very best as a Bear. I hope he does well, but I am fairly certain that he is not the answer.

The fans will boo him a hundred times worse if he takes a dump during the season.

I have a feeling that we might be rolling up our sleeves and running the ball A LOT this year.

worm
08-07-2009, 12:19 AM
I have a feeling that we might be rolling up our sleeves and running the ball A LOT this year.

Running and screens.

Bob's your Information Minister
08-07-2009, 12:24 AM
Running and screens.

http://dontcostnothing.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/herm_edwards.jpg

Hulamau
08-07-2009, 12:38 AM
I'm just curious... Some folks here sure don't like the thought of us booing the new QB. What about Prater? He missed 3 consecutive from 42 yards... Did he earn a ribbing from the fans or was that out of line also?

IMO Orton had 2 terrible back to back series and heard it from the fans. Trust me if he pulls the same stunt during the season it will be MUCH worse.

Like I said before, lets hope this was just a bad practice.

In a game where all is on the line people can boo away, though I think it often goes too far for the home guys unless they are really stinking it up.

But in a practice scrimmage, particularly one so early just a week into camp, with a new offense, new QB, new everything ... its a bit over the top .... even seems silly to Boo the guy in such circumstances, not to mention his first venture onto his new home turf.

Lets give him the chance to really fail in a big way for real before tar and feathering the guy. Too bad it was an off night for him but from other reports he wasn't dreadful either and had some good plays as well and has shown well for himself overall through this first week of camp.

Maybe I'm too old school, but in my book as a fan its better form to actually try and support and encourage the guy who is leading your team as much as possible in the early going ... at least let him prove beyond question he is incompetent in real games before booing him out of the stadium.

I'm more worried about Prater's head than leg Dave ... hopefully he can get through that ... but its practice too so we'll see how he goes through preseason? If he is shanking them too often in the first two preseason games. Maybe we need to bring someone else in who can give him a run the final couple weeks before the season starts?

Muddled
08-07-2009, 02:54 AM
I have absolutely no respect or understanding of people booing the team they claim to be a fan of, I'm embarrassed to be part of the same fanbase as these assheads

Meck77
08-07-2009, 02:55 AM
Did the Broncos PR people have those fans removed? Ha!

Practice=Practice crowd
Preseason=Practice crowd
Games=Season ticket holders and generally savy football fans.

Perfect example. The preseason Bronco fan section starting the wave when we have the ball. ;D

UberBroncoMan
08-07-2009, 03:09 AM
21-12...

I think the Booing was overboard, but seriously... people who throw that record make me cringe. This is a team game, and it just so happens that record is largely the product of the Bears Defense not Orton as the QB. I guess Trent Dilfer was a kickass QB too right?

ELEVATION
08-07-2009, 03:31 AM
winning cures all.....i feel with a improved defense and our new run game, kyle can be good enough to lead us to a 7-9 or 8-8 record....i dont think he is the answer here long term nor simms but i certainly dont think we are looking at jamarcus russel or anything...lol

now orton could suprise and dominate when games count(a practcie 1 week in certainly isnt news on failure. (its a new freakin system far and above advanced over anything chiacgo ever did)) or he could fail.

but the end result is that at the end of the day if orton doesnt work out he is a FA and can be released after the season with out costing us anything.

on the flip side those that felt we got equal value in the trade are blind.....unless robert ayers becomes the next demarcus ware next year we didnt get even value on the market. however would jason campbell or luke mcnown be any better? i dont think so.....i didnt like the trade, still dont, and am mad about the value. but with that being said we are headed in a very good direction and this team will get better every week. is it enough to lead to the playoffs next year??? well i will reserve judgement till i see the actuall pre-season games.

many need to keep in mind though that cutler didnt want to be here anymore, he used a wack ass excuse of the cassel trade to force his way out of a situation he didnt ever want to be in once shanny was fired. why else would you ignore your owner who has done nothing but be respectful to you???? it had to happen and cutler is the reason we are left picking up the pieces. if he answers bowlens call he doesnt get traded the way he did....

mcd had faults like being a bit to cocky off the bat, but the end result is MCD learned, moved on and is trying to get this team in a position to win games with what he has thats what matters now.....

if orton isnt the answer then you move on with the cards your dealt.....bowlen traded jay cutler, and MCd is trying to make orton work its not to hard for a objective person to see....

trying to discredit cutler or orton or talk up either QB is just pointless....the season tells the story not the speculative media heads and board messengers

ELEVATION
08-07-2009, 03:38 AM
I think the Booing was overboard, but seriously... people who throw that record make me cringe. This is a team game, and it just so happens that record is largely the product of the Bears Defense not Orton as the QB. I guess Trent Dilfer was a kickass QB too right?

the bears defense has been downhill since 2005......orton won games with the help of his team no doubt, but the same people throwing that 21-12 record out are doing it against the people who think orton only won becasue of his defense......thats not the case.....

regardless the actuall preseason games will tell us whats up....our secondary was horrid last year and our new FA guy picks off 2 passes 4 less than we managed all year last year in 16 games....and the fans boo....

the defense was and always has been the problem here, it wasnt plummer, it wasnt griese, it wasnt cutler....its been the defense

so if the defense has a **** hot scrimmage more power to them.....i would rather see a takeaway defense with a good pass rush and a grinding rush offense, than a qb that can throw for 4000 yds and 25 td's...but maybe thats just me......

as others stated the one to worry about is matt prater, not kyle orton. im sure many of those booers never stared down a patriots encyclopedia of a playbook and had to have it down tom brady style by week 1 of there first TC in the new offense....

i will worry if orton throws 2 picks against cincy in week 1....untill then i would rather they make there mistakes now......

in fact if he doesnt make any mistakes he could get really cocky against our defense then when it comes time to play a good defense he could choke horrendously.....i would rather him be kept honest by our defense so he learns to take care of the ball quickly in this new scheme.....

UberBroncoMan
08-07-2009, 04:02 AM

yeah okay...

or the defense that was 3rd in INT's with 22 (1 of which was a TD) to go with their 10 fumble recovered (2 of which were TD's)

They were also #2 in the NFL in pass deflections.

There's always more than just "points" allowed when it comes to defense... and turnovers = offense back on the field (quite often in great field position) to score some points.

ELEVATION
08-07-2009, 04:07 AM
or the defense that was 3rd in INT's with 22 (1 of which was a TD) to go with their 10 fumble recovered (2 of which were TD's)

They were also #2 in the NFL in pass deflections.

There's always more than just "points" allowed when it comes to defense... and turnovers = offense back on the field (quite often in great field position) to score some points.

lol yeah like run defense and pass defense once denver gets that down we will be set:~ohyah!:

MechanicalBull
08-07-2009, 04:14 AM
Were they saying Boo or Buuuurns?

I was saying Buuuurns.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3373/3307137644_caa7a870bf.jpg

Hulamau
08-07-2009, 05:26 AM
winning cures all.....i feel with a improved defense and our new run game, kyle can be good enough to lead us to a 7-9 or 8-8 record....i dont think he is the answer here long term nor simms but i certainly dont think we are looking at jamarcus russel or anything...lol

now orton could suprise and dominate when games count(a practcie 1 week in certainly isnt news on failure. (its a new freakin system far and above advanced over anything chiacgo ever did)) or he could fail.

but the end result is that at the end of the day if orton doesnt work out he is a FA and can be released after the season with out costing us anything.

on the flip side those that felt we got equal value in the trade are blind.....unless robert ayers becomes the next demarcus ware next year we didnt get even value on the market. however would jason campbell or luke mcnown be any better? i dont think so.....i didnt like the trade, still dont, and am mad about the value. but with that being said we are headed in a very good direction and this team will get better every week. is it enough to lead to the playoffs next year??? well i will reserve judgement till i see the actuall pre-season games.

many need to keep in mind though that cutler didnt want to be here anymore, he used a wack ass excuse of the cassel trade to force his way out of a situation he didnt ever want to be in once shanny was fired. why else would you ignore your owner who has done nothing but be respectful to you???? it had to happen and cutler is the reason we are left picking up the pieces. if he answers bowlens call he doesnt get traded the way he did....

mcd had faults like being a bit to cocky off the bat, but the end result is MCD learned, moved on and is trying to get this team in a position to win games with what he has thats what matters now.....

if orton isnt the answer then you move on with the cards your dealt.....bowlen traded jay cutler, and MCd is trying to make orton work its not to hard for a objective person to see....

trying to discredit cutler or orton or talk up either QB is just pointless....the season tells the story not the speculative media heads and board messengers

Nice post Elevation ...

rastaman
08-07-2009, 06:11 AM

I expect nothing less than a breakout--pro bowl season from Orton. Ya know why, first he is a veteran NFL qb with experience AND FINALLY he has talent at the WR spot (unlike in Chicago), he has an offensive minded coach (unlike in Chi-town), and he has the benefit of playing with Turner's zone blocking scheme (one-read, one cut, and run to daylight), and he has Hillis, Moreno, and Torain (if he can stay healthy).

Orton in my book will be considered a failure if he can't put either Royal or Marshall in position to put up Pro Bowl numbers!!!! And Orton should pass for over 60% passer rating in 2009!

NO EXCUSES KYLE ORTON.....GEEET HER DONE or be replaced.

rastaman
08-07-2009, 06:16 AM
I have absolutely no respect or understanding of people booing the team they claim to be a fan of, I'm embarrassed to be part of the same fanbase as these assheads

The fans are just letting Ortie know that they are on to him!!! Thats All.

rastaman
08-07-2009, 06:18 AM

Oh boy Popps won't like hearing that reality.

Premier-Ace55
08-07-2009, 06:19 AM
Reality is however that weather or not defense is ahead of offense we need to fix some of these errors quick and Qrton is going to have to be at least efficient. I hate it if he can't throw deep because teams are just going to play up and try to jump things.

rastaman
08-07-2009, 06:30 AM

Look man.....its Boom or Bust with Orton this year! No freaking excuses! He has weapons at WR with Royal and Bmarsh, he has a great stable of RBs in Hillis, Moreno, and Torain, he has coach who is suppose to be an Offensive master mind. Orton and either Royal or Bmarsh should both make the Pro Bowl this year.....plain and simple.

oubronco
08-07-2009, 06:34 AM
Reality is however that weather or not defense is ahead of offense we need to fix some of these errors quick and Qrton is going to have to be at least efficient. I hate it if he can't throw deep because teams are just going to play up and try to jump things.

Better get used to it cause if you have watched any Bears games you would know why they were booing him last night he came from a spread run and shoot offense in college and isn't very good as a pro set QB

Kaylore
08-07-2009, 06:42 AM
I expect nothing less than a breakout--pro bowl season from Orton. Ya know why, first he is a veteran NFL qb with experience AND FINALLY he has talent at the WR spot (unlike in Chicago), he has an offensive minded coach (unlike in Chi-town), and he has the benefit of playing with Turner's zone blocking scheme (one-read, one cut, and run to daylight), and he has Hillis, Moreno, and Torain (if he can stay healthy).

Orton in my book will be considered a failure if he can't put either Royal or Marshall in position to put up Pro Bowl numbers!!!! And Orton should pass for over 60% passer rating in 2009!

NO EXCUSES KYLE ORTON.....GEEET HER DONE or be replaced.

What a stupid post.

rastaman
08-07-2009, 06:43 AM
look Phil...

If he won 9 games without any talent at Wr, a 24th rankded rungame and bad o-line, how many games should Orton win now in 2009 b/c now he has better WRs, a good stable of RBs in Hillis, Moreno, & Torain.....sounds like Orton should win 11-13 games as a Bronco.

So is this code word for 2009 is a learning year for Orton to put it all together in 2010!!!! Sorry you're only dreaming, Orton is going to face a hostile crowd at INVESCO if he plays like Orton of old.

How about Orton having a break out Pro bowl season so there is no reason to give him ANY SLACK!!

rastaman
08-07-2009, 06:50 AM

Orton can't be just "Efficient" not entering his 5th year in the league and he can't under and over throw his WR's on the deep ball, he can't throw weak passes that end in interceptions. The fans won't have patients with this b/c they will have envisions of Cutler doing just the opposite.

Point is, Orton is going to have to start quick and consistency to win over the Bronco fans.

rastaman
08-07-2009, 06:51 AM
Cutler was the golden shower.

Orton may end up as "Dog Meat"!!!!

montrose
08-07-2009, 06:52 AM
He really wasn't getting booed that bad. Prater got it far worse, Orton was booed after the 2nd pick but fans we're cheering again as he threw TD's in the red zone drill.

rastaman
08-07-2009, 06:56 AM

Have you bought an Orton jersey for your son yet!!! :flower:

Hulamau
08-07-2009, 06:56 AM
Unknown to the offense, the defense was all out coming last night according to McD. Each side will adjust to the other as they add more pieces. Orton did okay too outside of a few off passes. And one of the two INTs was caused by the WR slipping down after the ball was thrown, according to Andre Goodman who intercepted that pass for the run to the house. That one wasn't even on Orton.

Its crazy that on NFL .com and ESPN all they can talk about is Orton getting booed out of the stadium for a freakin' practice! It wasn't nearly that bad anyway, but the press loves to run with it and for those Boo-Bird bronco "fans" (I trust none of them were OMer's?!) who would actually boo during a freakin scrimmage, maybe they ought to pause a moment next time and think about the childish message they are sending out.

Its a little ironic the day after Cutler calls out Denver as being a '6' in terms of fan quality and support to Chicago's '9', and then just enough numbskulls rush out to Invesco, at a practice for Pete's sake, and try their best to prove Cutler's point by booing their new QB during his first appearance on that field!

Ridiculous and a bit embarrassing frankly. I guess that what happens on 'free admittance night'? You get a higher proportion of morons out there muddying up the waters amongst the more steady die hard fans.

Hulamau
08-07-2009, 06:58 AM
How about Orton having a break out Pro bowl season so there is no reason to give him ANY SLACK!!

How about doing us all a favor and take a swan dive off Pikes Peak?!

rastaman
08-07-2009, 07:00 AM
Unlike Jay, Orton has the maturity to handle fans booing him.

Thats b/c he has sucked for such a long time!!!

rastaman
08-07-2009, 07:02 AM
How about doing us all a favor and take a swan dive off Pikes Peak?!

How about you go fly a kite down I-25 during RUSH HOUR! O'Brite one!

Hulamau
08-07-2009, 07:08 AM
He really wasn't getting booed that bad. Prater got it far worse, Orton was booed after the 2nd pick but fans we're cheering again as he threw TD's in the red zone drill.

That's what my brother said who was there as well. Just relatively small numbers of jerks that think the free ticket gave them the right to be a queen for a day and a prick for a night.

If they want to Boo their own players after multiple poor performances during the real season after paying their fair share of the seat, that's their prerogative, even if a little crass still. But booing your new QB in his first Invesco appearance is totally classless pure and simple!

Its something I would expect to read from a Chokeland event .. not, I'm sorry to say, coming from Bronco nation!

Ray Finkle
08-07-2009, 07:08 AM
Unknown to the offense, the defense was all out coming last night according to McD. Each side will adjust to the other as they add more pieces. Orton did okay too outside of a few off passes. And one of the two INTs was caused by the WR slipping down after the ball was thrown, according to Andre Goodman who intercepted that pass for the run to the house. That one wasn't even on Orton.

Its crazy that on NFL .com and ESPN all they can talk about is Orton getting booed out of the stadium for a freakin' practice! It wasn't nearly that bad anyway, but the press loves to run with it and for those Boo-Bird bronco "fans" (I trust none of them were OMer's?!) who would actually boo during a freakin scrimmage, maybe they ought to pause a moment next time and think about the childish message they are sending out.

Its a little ironic the day after Cutler calls out Denver as being a '6' in terms of fan quality and support to Chicago's '9', and then just enough numbskulls rush out to Invesco, at a practice for Pete's sake, and try their best to prove Cutler's point by booing their new QB during his first appearance on that field!

Ridiculous and a bit embarrassing frankly. I guess that what happens on 'free admittance night'? You get a higher proportion of morons out there muddying up the waters amongst the more steady die hard fans.

Socal was there :wave:

Hulamau
08-07-2009, 07:10 AM
Socal was there :wave:

No way SoCal would be booing at a practice! .. he may not like a lot of the changes that have happened, and that is fair enough, but he's not like that!

Hercules Rockefeller
08-07-2009, 07:14 AM
Try 13000 genius.

20k tickets/8 = 2,500 per game. Sorry man that's nothing special for any season to have that few tickets up for sale per game.

Also, the stadium is probably around 60k in season ticket holders. For it to be 50/50, 23k tickets held by season ticket holders and every single game ticket would need to be in the hand of an opposing fan. Try again drama queen, that's not happening.

ELEVATION
08-07-2009, 07:16 AM
Orton can't be just "Efficient" not entering his 5th year in the league and he can't under and over throw his WR's on the deep ball, he can't throw weak passes that end in interceptions. The fans won't have patients with this b/c they will have envisions of Cutler doing just the opposite.

Point is, Orton is going to have to start quick and consistency to win over the Bronco fans.

forgive him if week 1 in his first training camp in a new offense in a new location, with new players isnt fast enough for ya....god forbid....he isnt joe montana on week 1 of TC....:clown:

it took cutler 3 weeks to get his **** together last preaseason as well....but people are quick to forget that ****

ya all need to chill out the last 4 SB winning teams won because of defense and a ground game in the playoffs not a 4000 yd passer who had 25 td's and 18 ints.....

Broncoman13
08-07-2009, 07:35 AM
20k tickets/8 = 2,500 per game. Sorry man that's nothing special for any season to have that few tickets up for sale per game.

Also, the stadium is probably around 60k in season ticket holders. For it to be 50/50, 23k tickets held by season ticket holders and every single game ticket would need to be in the hand of an opposing fan. Try again drama queen, that's not happening.

Care to put some money where your mouth is... You always want to call me out on this, but I've been proven rght again and again. Lets put a wager on a couple games this year. $100 okay with you? I'll bet $100 that the Cowboys and Steelers will have equal fans (50/50) as the Broncos at Mile High. You taking the bet or not? Don't post anything other than yes or no. Don't need any more of your rambling BS. Just a simple yes or no. And if it's no, then STFU b/c you have no idea what you're talking about.

People jumped from #7800 last year to getting season tickets this year. That is a combination of a lot of people giving tickets back and a lot of people on the list not taking the opportunity to get theirs. Will the Broncos sell out... yep. But you're mistaken if you think that Bronco fans are going to show up and watch a poor product. Given this economy you should know better... you are a fairly smart and educated man, what is difficult for you to follow here?

lex
08-07-2009, 07:40 AM
No way SoCal would be booing at a practice! .. he may not like a lot of the changes that have happened, and that is fair enough, but he's not like that!

What difference would it make if he was? Seriously, you need to get over this "Im a better fan than you" nonsense. Like it or not, there are a lot of people who are not happy with what has transpired. All the turmoil ratchets up expectations because people lose patience, whether you like it or not. And so they boo.

Broncoman13
08-07-2009, 07:59 AM
And finally, Orton is taking on a lot here. He is basically the product of the Jay Cutlergate. For the fans that think McD screwed the pooch, the performance of Kyle Orton and the team's Win/Loss record will ultimately be judged...THIS YEAR.

Eldorado
08-07-2009, 08:02 AM
Now that Farve is gone, what are the odds on Cut leading the league in picks?

Paladin
08-07-2009, 08:10 AM
And finally, Orton is taking on a lot here. He is basically the product of the Jay Cutlergate. For the fans that think McD screwed the pooch, the performance of Kyle Orton and the team's Win/Loss record will ultimately be judged...THIS YEAR.

Oh, the horrors!

Woe is us!!!!!

We is doomed!!!!!!

Oh the Drama!!!!!

You and rastaman need to get a life.....

DBroncos4life
08-07-2009, 08:14 AM

If he is asked to throw 600 passes it might be good but INT % was on par with a lot of QBs like Jake Delhomme 2.9, Drew Brees 2.7, Big Ben 3.2, Tony Romo 3.1 to name a few and 21 QB's including the names I brought up had a 2.0 or higher int %.

GreatBronco16
08-07-2009, 08:24 AM
he can't throw weak passes that end in interceptions. The fans won't have patients with this b/c they will have envisions of Cutler doing just the opposite.

But if he could throw strong passes that end in interceptions, all is ok then?

Rock Chalk
08-07-2009, 08:25 AM
Jesus, this thread has doubled the amount of people on my ignore list.

oubronco
08-07-2009, 08:30 AM

from the looks of his weak arm I'd say Orton's got that covered

SonOfLe-loLang
08-07-2009, 08:38 AM
Care to put some money where your mouth is... You always want to call me out on this, but I've been proven rght again and again. Lets put a wager on a couple games this year. $100 okay with you? I'll bet $100 that the Cowboys and Steelers will have equal fans (50/50) as the Broncos at Mile High. You taking the bet or not? Don't post anything other than yes or no. Don't need any more of your rambling BS. Just a simple yes or no. And if it's no, then STFU b/c you have no idea what you're talking about.

People jumped from #7800 last year to getting season tickets this year. That is a combination of a lot of people giving tickets back and a lot of people on the list not taking the opportunity to get theirs. Will the Broncos sell out... yep. But you're mistaken if you think that Bronco fans are going to show up and watch a poor product. Given this economy you should know better... you are a fairly smart and educated man, what is difficult for you to follow here?

Sure Cowboys and steelers fans travel well, but if you think itll be 50/50, youre out of your mind. The only place that really ever happened (50/50!) is when Dallas would play AZ

SonOfLe-loLang
08-07-2009, 08:39 AM
Jesus, this thread has doubled the amount of people on my ignore list.

I agree this might be the most annoying thread i've read in a while. And thats saying something for the Mane

Broncosfreak_56
08-07-2009, 08:41 AM
from the looks of his weak arm I'd say Orton's got that covered

Last year Orton had 12 interceptions while Cutler had 18. Try again, moron.

oubronco
08-07-2009, 08:43 AM

Cutler threw the ball a helluva lot more than Orton, moron

enjolras
08-07-2009, 08:56 AM
Sure Cowboys and steelers fans travel well, but if you think itll be 50/50, youre out of your mind. The only place that really ever happened (50/50!) is when Dallas would play AZ

I went to a Broncos game in Dallas that was damn close :)

TheDave
08-07-2009, 09:01 AM
In a game where all is on the line people can boo away, though I think it often goes too far for the home guys unless they are really stinking it up.

But in a practice scrimmage, particularly one so early just a week into camp, with a new offense, new QB, new everything ... its a bit over the top .... even seems silly to Boo the guy in such circumstances, not to mention his first venture onto his new home turf.

Lets give him the chance to really fail in a big way for real before tar and feathering the guy. Too bad it was an off night for him but from other reports he wasn't dreadful either and had some good plays as well and has shown well for himself overall through this first week of camp.

Maybe I'm too old school, but in my book as a fan its better form to actually try and support and encourage the guy who is leading your team as much as possible in the early going ... at least let him prove beyond question he is incompetent in real games before booing him out of the stadium.

I'm more worried about Prater's head than leg Dave ... hopefully he can get through that ... but its practice too so we'll see how he goes through preseason? If he is shanking them too often in the first two preseason games. Maybe we need to bring someone else in who can give him a run the final couple weeks before the season starts?

I think you and a lot of other people on this thread are being WAY too sensative... He stunk it up!!! The fans let him know they didn't like what they saw. They also cheered for him when he threw his TD's.

Sorry folks but Denver is sophiticated enough to know the difference between good and bad football. They saw 5-10 minutes of real bad football and let him know what they thought. He'll live.

I've gone to camp for almost 20 years now and this was the 2nd roughest stretch I've seen a denver QB go through (Plummer owns that distinction). Like I've said in every post lets hope it was just a bad practice and not a sign of things to come.

Broncosfreak_56
08-07-2009, 09:02 AM
Cutler threw the ball a helluva lot more than Orton, moron

Orton: 465 pass attempts/12 interceptions is 1 interception per 39 pass attempts.

Cutler: 616 pass attempts/18 interceptions is 1 interception per 34 pass attempt.

Cutler had, as everyone will agree much batter talent on offense than Orton did, yet still had a higher interception rate. Still want to base you arguments on one bad practice?

supermanhr9
08-07-2009, 09:11 AM

I agree with Apa 100,000,000% I went to a lot of training camps when Cutler was there and he had HORRIBLE HORRIBLE practices all the time, never a boo. Orton (who is learning a system and is expected to make mistakes, gets booed? what a joke. I'm dissapointed if it's as really bad as that article make it out to be. BUSH

cousinal11
08-07-2009, 09:13 AM
I don't see what the big deal is.

If your team is stinking up the joint, are you not allowed to let them know?

SouthStndJunkie
08-07-2009, 09:15 AM

I agree....you stink it up out there, you get booed....simple as that.

What were the fans supposed to do....give him a warm round of applause every time he ****ed up?

TheDave
08-07-2009, 09:16 AM

Imagine what he would of heard in Philly... Hilarious!

Broncosfreak_56
08-07-2009, 09:20 AM
I agree....you stink it up out there, you get booed....simple as that.

What were the fans supposed to do....give him a warm round of applause every time he ****ed up?

It was a goddamn practice 1 week into training camp. Jesus, what did you expect, a perfect day from him? Then you would be bitching about the defense.

SonOfLe-loLang
08-07-2009, 09:29 AM
I went to a Broncos game in Dallas that was damn close :)

WHen ive been to SD/Broncos games in SD, i always think its even because of all the broncos fans i see around. Then once the game starts, its clear by the sound of the crowd that its mostly SD fans.

SouthStndJunkie
08-07-2009, 09:39 AM
It was a goddamn practice 1 week into training camp. Jesus, what did you expect, a perfect day from him? Then you would be b****ing about the defense.

Settle down, Beavis....put down the sugar cubes.

I was not at the practice and did not see it, so I neither watched it, or booed.

But I have no problem with fans voicing their opinions.

By your rationale....maybe the fans should not have cheered either....after all, it is only one week into training camp. They should have probably just sat there like a bunch of retarded mutes and drooled.

Would that make you happy then?

Broncosfreak_56
08-07-2009, 09:43 AM
Settle down, Beavis....put down the sugar cubes.

I was not at the practice and did not see it, so I neither watched it, or booed.

But I have no problem with fans voicing their opinions.

By your rationale....maybe the fans should not have cheered either, after all, it is only one week into training camp. They should have probably just sat there like a bunch of retarded mutes and drooled.

Would that make you happy then?
It would make me happy if people kept things in perspective and realize what the situation is. Be happy when something good happens, but also realize we are only one week into training camp. Although obviously there are some people that aren't capable of doing that.

Hulamau
08-07-2009, 09:47 AM
I think you and a lot of other people on this thread are being WAY too sensative... He stunk it up!!! The fans let him know they didn't like what they saw. They also cheered for him when he threw his TD's.

Sorry folks but Denver is sophisticated enough to know the difference between good and bad football. They saw 5-10 minutes of real bad football and let him know what they thought. He'll live.

I've gone to camp for almost 20 years now and this was the 2nd roughest stretch I've seen a denver QB go through (Plummer owns that distinction). Like I've said in every post lets hope it was just a bad practice and not a sign of things to come.

I don't mind giving the guy the business when he deserves it, and I wasn't there so only am going on my Brothers report and perhaps he was sitting in the middle of a few boo birds, but he said there were some people who were over the top and pretty obnoxious for a while. Though he said Orton did have some nice throws too and a couple of nice TD throws as well, and that he seemed to have a lot of chemistry building with Gaffeny and Stokely as well as Royal.

Regardless though, the larger point for me was people (not talking about you Dave) were ragging too much on just one practice after only a week in an all new offense with so many new people, new coaches and new QB. Its coming together and I suspect they will look a lot more ready for prime time in a few weeks than they do now. Orton included.

We'll see. But, yes, lets hope the off night was just that.

From what the other camp reports have said, this appears to have been an off night TDave, and Orton seems to have perfoprmed pretty well msot of the camp so far.

I suspect part of it was from the surprise pressure from the rush, according to McD. Apparently, the offense wasn't fully expecting that last night when Nolan and the D turned the dogs loose to see how the O would respond. Not surprisingly they have some work to do.

TheReverend
08-07-2009, 09:47 AM
It was a goddamn practice 1 week into training camp. Jesus, what did you expect, a perfect day from him? Then you would be b****ing about the defense.

This is dumb. The defensive players are all learning a new system too.

It's football. Play ****ty and get booed.

Orton's a big boy who knows this and can handle it.

Broncosfreak_56
08-07-2009, 09:51 AM

I thought it was generally accepted defenses are usually ahead of the offense early in training camp. Last year being a big example seeing as reports came out of our defense doing good last year at the start of training camp. We saw how that turned out.

lex
08-07-2009, 09:52 AM

Orton threw lower risk passes and played in fewer games.

COWBELL
08-07-2009, 09:54 AM
Its a sign of things to come. Last in the division this year.

broncofan2438
08-07-2009, 09:55 AM
So this thread is going nowhere fast. Bottom line:

Orton got booed....deserved it

We should have never traded Cutler

Broncosfreak_56
08-07-2009, 09:56 AM

Using that logic, Jay cutler was lucky not to have many more interceptions.

Hulamau
08-07-2009, 09:57 AM

Orton can handle it no problem , he's use to it, but let him have it in a real game if they are stinking it up for real ...

To me, it seems a little knee jerk to yank out the boos in a freaking scrimmage. But hey, whatever floats the boo birds boat.

Meanwhile, Cutler tossed 2 INTs back to back day before yesterday including one Urlacher took the house, and yet the Bears fans were polishing Cutlers balls afterward and marveling at the velocity on his INTs Ha!..... which was also over the top the other way ... so I guess there must be a happy medium somewhere in between, toch? :-).

TheDave
08-07-2009, 09:59 AM
I don't mind giving the guy the business when he deserves it, and I wasn't there so only am going on my Brothers report and perhaps he was sitting in the middle of a few boo birds, but he said there were some people who were over the top and pretty obnoxious for a while. Though he said Orton did have some nice throws too and a couple of nice TD throws as well, and that he seemed to have a lot of chemistry building with Gaffeny and Stokely as well as Royal.

Regardless though, the larger point for me was people (not talking about you Dave) were ragging too much on just one practice after only a week in an all new offense with so many new people, new coaches and new QB. Its coming together and I suspect they will look a lot more ready for prime time in a few weeks than they do now. Orton included.

We'll see. But, yes, lets hope the off night was just that.

From what the other camp reports have said, this appears to have been an off night TDave, and Orton seems to have perfoprmed pretty well msot of the camp so far.

I suspect part of it was from the surprise pressure from the rush, according to McD. Apparently, the offense wasn't fully expecting that last night when Nolan and the D turned the dogs loose to see how the O would respond. Not surprisingly they have some work to do.

It was a bad outing... To top it off Orton inadvertantly reminded everyone of the diffence between him and Cutler. That 20 yard seam route that cutler threw better than anyone now floats and gave hill plenty of time to run under it. Those out patterns that use to get there like a laser now take a lot longer and for some reason were consistantly being thrown to the inside shoulder (like I said, a pick 6 on Sundays).

It was difficult to watch...

On the other hand I still think Orton can get the job done with the talent around him. He's going to need to clead things up and the running game better be as good as we all think it is going to be.

TheReverend
08-07-2009, 10:00 AM
I thought it was generally accepted defenses are usually ahead of the offense early in training camp. Last year being a big example seeing as reports came out of our defense doing good last year at the start of training camp. We saw how that turned out.

But it really doesn't matter.

If this is in any shape or form related to learning the system, Orton will know it, and brush it off just fine.

This is such a non-issue...

TheReverend
08-07-2009, 10:01 AM
Orton can handle it no problem , he's use to it, but let him have it in a real game if they are stinking it up for real ...

To me, it seems a little knee jerk to yank out the boos in a freaking scrimmage. But hey, whatever floats the boo birds boat.

Meanwhile, Cutler tossed 2 INTs back to back day before yesterday including one Urlacher took the house, and yet the Bears fans were polishing Cutlers balls afterward and marveling at the velocity on his INTs Ha!..... which was also over the top the other way ... so I guess there must be a happy medium somewhere in between, toch? :-).

That has what to do with anything...? I thought we were talking about Orton being booed and now somehow the conversation is about Cutler's nuts being polished?

Broncosfreak_56
08-07-2009, 10:03 AM
But it really doesn't matter.

If this is in any shape or form related to learning the system, Orton will know it, and brush it off just fine.

This is such a non-issue...

I agree. Trust me, I know he won't be a star QB, I just want people to give him a chance to learn the system and everything before we judge him.

lex
08-07-2009, 10:06 AM
Using that logic, Jay cutler was lucky not to have many more interceptions.

No, the only logical deduction to derive from that is that your point about Cutler throwing more INTs than Orton, isnt much of one.

Broncosfreak_56
08-07-2009, 10:10 AM
No, the only logical deduction to derive from that is that your point about Cutler throwing more INTs than Orton, isnt much of one.

It wasn't a point to be debated, it was a fact no matter how you want to spin it.

TheReverend
08-07-2009, 10:14 AM
I agree. Trust me, I know he won't be a star QB, I just want people to give him a chance to learn the system and everything before we judge him.

One person decides if he gets a chance to learn the system or not and that's McDaniels.

This conversation is 100% irrelevant.

DBroncos4life
08-07-2009, 10:15 AM

There INT % was pretty damn close. 2.9 to 2.6

DarkHorse
08-07-2009, 10:16 AM
It's practice for Gods sake - we'll see game situations soon enough. Then we can release the hounds

lex
08-07-2009, 10:16 AM
It wasn't a point to be debated, it was a fact no matter how you want to spin it.

Youre right. Orton is clearly better. Thats why the Bears gave up as much as they did for Cutler.

lex
08-07-2009, 10:18 AM
There INT % was pretty damn close. 2.9 to 2.6

Yeah, and considering one guy threw the ball downfield more, there should be more disparity.

Broncosfreak_56
08-07-2009, 10:20 AM
Youre right. Orton is clearly better. Thats why the Bears gave up as much as they did for Cutler.

Did I say he was better? Don't out words in my mouth. I completely agree Jay is a better quarterback, which is why we got a lot more than Orton for him. I am only saying lets give him a chance before we judge him.

lex
08-07-2009, 10:23 AM
Did I say he was better? Don't out words in my mouth. I completely agree Jay is a better quarterback, which is why we got a lot more than Orton for him. I am only saying lets give him a chance before we judge him.

Again, the sceme change is a problem of their own making. There should be no leeway.

Broncosfreak_56
08-07-2009, 10:28 AM
Again, the sceme change is a problem of their own making. There should be no leeway.

With that kind of impatience your never going to be happy with anything.

yerner
08-07-2009, 10:28 AM
I have to say, after watching throw downfield in those videos it looked pretty unencouraging.

lex
08-07-2009, 10:32 AM
With that kind of impatience your never going to be happy with anything.

Im not going to tailor my happiness around change for the sake of change. Im not into blind acceptance like some sheep around here.

Broncosfreak_56
08-07-2009, 10:33 AM
Im not going to tailor my happiness around change for the sake of change. Im not into blind acceptance like some sheep around here.

Were you happy with what Shanahan was doing with our team?

Hulamau
08-07-2009, 12:53 PM
That has what to do with anything...? I thought we were talking about Orton being booed and now somehow the conversation is about Cutler's nuts being polished?

Okay I'll spell it out ... the relationship is between both fan groups over-reacting to their QB's picks in training camp. 'Some' Denver fans booed in what was likely an overreaction to a freaking early practice .. and Bears fans under-reacted in totally over looking Cutlers INTs as if the guy walks on water.

Both responses were a bit over the top in opposite directions. And both reflect pretty much the respective fan bases' expectations of the two QBs.

Will be interesting to see how it all plays out for real when booing and cheering has its place, starting in a few weeks.

orange 4 life
08-07-2009, 12:56 PM
10 pages in. No surprise here.

As I'm sure has been noted (I haven't gone through the thread) it IS the fans prerogative to boo if they so choose, but I can ALSO say that IMHO it is ABSOLUTELY bad form to do so as a Bronco fan.
Bottom line is we've LONG been known for supporting our team win OR lose.
In all the years we've had our tickets, the only time we've heard a chorus of boo's (for the TEAM as opposed to a call) was the SD thrashing of a couple years ago. Personally, I won't EVER boo my team.

I always remember what Tom Jackson said. They arrived home from the '77/'78 superbowl expecting disappointed fans and instead found themselves arriving to a chorus of loud cheers and the chant "we love you Broncos."

He had tears in his eyes giving the interview, and said that in all his years he never remembered being boo'd by the home crowd.

Bottom line is this was a practice and NOT a game, and it probably featured a LARGE percentage of the crowd that DOES NOT have season tickets, so I don't think it's indicative of how they'll be received in the season opener. Still disappointing to hear, but not the same as if it happened during a game.

TheReverend
08-07-2009, 12:59 PM
Okay I'll spell it out ... the relationship is between both fan groups over-reacting to their QB's picks in training camp. 'Some' Denver fans booed in what was likely an overreaction to a freaking early practice .. and Bears fans under-reacted in totally over looking Cutlers INTs as if the guy walks on water.

Both responses were a bit over the top in opposite directions. And both reflect pretty much the respective fan bases' expectations of the two QBs.

Will be interesting to see how it all plays out for real when booing and cheering has its place, starting in a few weeks.

Right... but who gives a **** what's happening in the Chicago camp? It has nothing to do with Kyle Orton's development, and it never will.

We've got enough to worry about with our own QB from the video of that practice that I saw.

gyldenlove
08-07-2009, 01:00 PM
This thread is like Herpes, the "gift" that just keeps on giving.

DenverBrit
08-07-2009, 01:12 PM

You change the coaches, you change the scheme.

Admit it, you just like to whine and complain. :gripe:

lex
08-07-2009, 01:17 PM
You change the coaches, you change the scheme.

Admit it, you just like to whine and complain. :gripe:

Tell that to Mike Tomlin. You dont have to change the scheme. If you choose to change the scheme, resulting problems are ones of your own making.

DenverBrit
08-07-2009, 01:24 PM
Tell that to Mike Tomlin. If you choose to change the scheme, resulting problems are ones of your own making.

LOL

You think an existing coach who steps into the role he's been groomed for is the same as new coaches from around the league taking over a different team?

Brilliant!!! Hilarious!

lex
08-07-2009, 01:26 PM
LOL

You think an existing coach who steps into the role he's been groomed for is the same as new coaches from around the league taking over a different team?

Brilliant!!! Hilarious!

I have no idea what youre saying here.

SonOfLe-loLang
08-07-2009, 01:29 PM

Your logic about scheme change and time tables makes no sense. New plans take time, why would you place unreasonable expectations on success without allowing it to grow.

And in case you havent noticed, the old system was broken.

Gcver2ver3
08-07-2009, 01:32 PM
Yeah, and considering one guy threw the ball downfield more, there should be more disparity.

and considering the other guy was relegated to throwing to subpar WRs who couldn't get open i'd, say not so much...

DenverBrit
08-07-2009, 01:33 PM

That's because I'm responding to your flawed logic.

Tomlin was groomed in Pitt to take over....no scheme change required.

Comparing Tomlin and Pitt to the Broncos situation makes no sense at all.

Got it now??

NYBronco
08-07-2009, 01:34 PM
LOL

Brilliant!!! Hilarious!

Good point DenverBrit.

TheDave
08-07-2009, 01:36 PM
That's because I'm responding to your flawed logic.

Tomlin was groomed in Pitt to take over....no scheme change required.

Comparing Tomlin and Pitt to the Broncos situation makes no sense at all.

Got it now??

While coaching for the vikings?