PDA

View Full Version : Orton Boo'ed in the practice tonight ...

Pages : 1 [2]

DenverBrit
08-07-2009, 01:40 PM
While coaching for the vikings?

My mistake, I thought Tomlin had spent the previous year with Pitt.

Edit. I got Tomlin confused with Raheem Morris.

SonOfLe-loLang
08-07-2009, 01:41 PM
Tell that to Mike Tomlin. You dont have to change the scheme. If you choose to change the scheme, resulting problems are ones of your own making.

This is assuming our schemes worked well, when they clearly didnt. yes, the offense was pretty good and perhaps could have improved, but maybe our new offense can be supurb in time. Being resistant to change is what gets you in trouble in the first place. Remember that Einstein quote about insanity.

DenverBrit
08-07-2009, 01:45 PM
I have no idea what youre saying here.

That's because I screwed up.

lex
08-07-2009, 01:53 PM
This is assuming our schemes worked well, when they clearly didnt. yes, the offense was pretty good and perhaps could have improved, but maybe our new offense can be supurb in time. Being resistant to change is what gets you in trouble in the first place. Remember that Einstein quote about insanity.

Our scheme was fine. It was the 2nd ranked offense in the league and its red zone scoring can be traced back to all the injuries at RB. Not only that, but the offense was full of 1st or 2nd year starters. So it was one of the younger offenses in the league.

SonOfLe-loLang
08-07-2009, 01:58 PM
Our scheme was fine. It was the 2nd ranked offense in the league and its red zone scoring can be traced back to all the injuries at RB. Not only that, but the offense was full of 1st or 2nd year starters. So it was one of the younger offenses in the league.

your claims about the red zone are completely oversimplified and you're ignoring the deeper stats. If you take away the first 3 games of the season, our offense seems to be a bit more pedestrian than the stats suggest. That said, with the exception of cutler, the entire offense is back with greater depth. There's no reason they cannot be more successful in a more innovative offense. But yes, it will take some time to gel. I don't see this as a bad thing, more of a necessary evil of change and improvment.

DenverBrit
08-07-2009, 02:03 PM

16th in the only stat that matters....scoring!

It was an average offense.

lex
08-07-2009, 02:23 PM
your claims about the red zone are completely oversimplified and you're ignoring the deeper stats. If you take away the first 3 games of the season, our offense seems to be a bit more pedestrian than the stats suggest. That said, with the exception of cutler, the entire offense is back with greater depth. There's no reason they cannot be more successful in a more innovative offense. But yes, it will take some time to gel. I don't see this as a bad thing, more of a necessary evil of change and improvment.

Not at all. Peyton Hillis scored a rushing TD in every game that he started. And when Pittman was in, he also did a solid job at punching it in.

This is change for the sake of change and its not even better really. The biggest improvement has been to upgrade personnel for the running game.

SonOfLe-loLang
08-07-2009, 03:00 PM
Not at all. Peyton Hillis scored a rushing TD in every game that he started. And when Pittman was in, he also did a solid job at punching it in.

This is change for the sake of change and its not even better really. The biggest improvement has been to upgrade personnel for the running game.

I still think your red zone analyzation is completely oversimplified and ignores Cutler's tendency to force things in a shorter field, where turnovers are more likely to happen simply because of spacial issues. PLUS, youre still ignoring the 13 games in which our offense was pedestrian.

As far as "change for the sake of change," its bull****. They've decided to go in a different direction after 3 dismal seasons. This offense is more innovative and better reflects the current successful trends of the NFL. It's not change for the sake of change. This team needed a culture change..badly.

Paladin
08-07-2009, 03:28 PM
So this thread is going nowhere fast. Bottom line:

Orton got booed....deserved it

We should have never traded Cutler

"We" didn't........

lex
08-07-2009, 03:50 PM
I still think your red zone analyzation is completely oversimplified and ignores Cutler's tendency to force things in a shorter field, where turnovers are more likely to happen simply because of spacial issues. PLUS, youre still ignoring the 13 games in which our offense was pedestrian.

As far as "change for the sake of change," its bull****. They've decided to go in a different direction after 3 dismal seasons. This offense is more innovative and better reflects the current successful trends of the NFL. It's not change for the sake of change. This team needed a culture change..badly.

No, but I have no doubt this is what Bill Simmons tells you.

colonelbeef
08-07-2009, 05:05 PM
They weren't booing Orton persay. They were just practicing for the regular season.

Haha.

Fan preseason as well.

SonOfLe-loLang
08-07-2009, 05:22 PM
No, but I have no doubt this is what Bill Simmons tells you.

I still, till this day, don't understand why you keep bringing up Bill Simmons every time i dispute one of your retarded statements.

colonelbeef
08-07-2009, 05:22 PM
That's funny considering Orton didnt win a single game that the defense/ST didn't have 2 turnovers or a score in.

Or that Cutler was 12-1 in games the Broncos D allowed 21 or fewer points in.:thumbsdow:tearhair:

SonOfLe-loLang
08-07-2009, 05:31 PM
That completely ignores Cutler's role (in turnovers) in putting the D in crap positions. I think Jay is a great QB though ansd would love to have him, but i think hes a complete asshole and has his warts.

jhns
08-07-2009, 05:32 PM
16th in the only stat that matters....scoring!

It was an average offense.

Except for the fact that you are using a team stat and talking about an offense of rookie-3rd year players.

colonelbeef
08-07-2009, 05:38 PM
Jesus, this thread has doubled the amount of people on my ignore list.

Ignore lists are for pussies.

Just because people disagree with your pollyanna view on the offseason doesn't mean you need to cover up your eyes and ears like a little girl who isn't getting her way.

Man up.

colonelbeef
08-07-2009, 05:42 PM
Orton threw lower risk passes and played in fewer games.

and had a runner the opposing team had to put 8 in the box to defend against. Against the Broncos everyone routinely dropped back, even on what would otherwise be considered obvious running downs.

Denver was defended against the pass first, Chicago quite the opposite last year.

broncocalijohn
08-07-2009, 05:51 PM
i like to look at it as the defense played exceptional. Positive spin especially what our D was last year. We will just run the ball 50 times. We just need Moreno to sign first.

broncocalijohn
08-07-2009, 05:52 PM
Ignore lists are for pussies.

Just because people disagree with your pollyanna view on the offseason doesn't mean you need to cover up your eyes and ears like a little girl who isn't getting her way.

Man up.

ignore list is perfect for people like Boob, Maximus and other loser trolls.

DenverBrit
08-07-2009, 06:35 PM
Except for the fact that you are using a team stat and talking about an offense of rookie-3rd year players.

I was responding to a 'team' stat.

Circle Orange
08-07-2009, 06:50 PM
We don't need Orton's approval to boo...that's just buisness. :~ohyah!:

watermock
08-07-2009, 07:08 PM
I can't believe all the whining. It's not like we benched Leinart or Young OR OTHER BUSTS or cutler ran a dog fighting ring or Dorey's fats ass, or that we diodn't get 2 firsts because he's still got value. At least till we traded a probale top 10 pick either.

Oh well.

http://broncos.fandome.com/video/75148/Jay-Cutler-Interview/

jhns
08-07-2009, 07:32 PM
I was responding to a 'team' stat.

No, you responded to an offensive stat. You even bolded it. You then responsed with a team stat. One that includes defense and special teams. Something our team was last in.

lex
08-07-2009, 07:54 PM
I still, till this day, don't understand why you keep bringing up Bill Simmons every time i dispute one of your retarded statements.

You shouldnt use that word. You might offend your people.

eddie mac
08-07-2009, 08:24 PM
Is anyone really shocked that the media have covered this in so much depth???

Get some reality people. Broncos are public enemy No1 this offseason for the way they've aired their dirty linen in public.

1. They fired the coach that could never be fired (according to them).

2. They traded the all american QB, or so the media would make you think.

3. Their No1 WR and best offensive weapon doesn't want to play here anymore.

4. They traded a top 5 pick in 2010 (Cos that's where they all have the Broncos rated to finish) for a nickleback.

The ****ing media have been on McDaniels back since day 1 and have ridiculed the Cutler trade to the extreme and cannot wait until Orton, McDaniels and the collective Broncos fall flat on their faces so they can all say "We told you so"

**** them, it'll just make winning games that much more enjoyable this year.

*WARHORSE*
08-07-2009, 10:47 PM
Well, you could look at it this way: Orton threw two TDs.....and the defense got 3 picks..........I'll take that anyday. heh heh

That was yesterday.......lets see what tomorrow brings.

Its not like we've unleashed the playbook guys.

Everything that went out was vanilla as it gets, and things the defense was seeing everyday in practice.

Im not sweating it.

I'll let you know if I do.

SonOfLe-loLang
08-07-2009, 11:03 PM
You shouldnt use that word. You might offend your people.

Another fantastic, well thought out insult. You're a ****ing moron.

DenverBrit
08-07-2009, 11:06 PM
No, you responded to an offensive stat. You even bolded it. You then responsed with a team stat. One that includes defense and special teams. Something our team was last in.

Are you saying that offensive scoring is actually a total 'team stat' rather than offensive stat??

I'm not following your point.

Br0nc0Buster
08-07-2009, 11:30 PM
yep Orton got booed
He threw two picks and didnt look too good out there.

Im not too worried yet, Orton can still improve

But overall the defense pwned the **** out of the offense that night

colonelbeef
08-08-2009, 07:48 AM
Is anyone really shocked that the media have covered this in so much depth???

Get some reality people. Broncos are public enemy No1 this offseason for the way they've aired their dirty linen in public.

1. They fired the coach that could never be fired (according to them).

2. They traded the all american QB, or so the media would make you think.

3. Their No1 WR and best offensive weapon doesn't want to play here anymore.

4. They traded a top 5 pick in 2010 (Cos that's where they all have the Broncos rated to finish) for a nickleback.

The ****ing media have been on McDaniels back since day 1 and have ridiculed the Cutler trade to the extreme and cannot wait until Orton, McDaniels and the collective Broncos fall flat on their faces so they can all say "We told you so"

**** them, it'll just make winning games that much more enjoyable this year.

If you are behind the moves this offseason, this is exactly the way you have to look at it.

Broncos4tw
08-08-2009, 08:11 AM
Orton is Orton... people are both putting to much faith in him, but also not giving him enough credit. Simms? No thank you. Cutler back? I wish. Cutler is by and large, the superior QB, regardless of what folks might think of his attitude. Orton I'm afraid, is going to present us with Griese-like results. Very efficient on the short passes, unreliable in the long game, not terribly mobile. As long as the line protects him, we'll manage plenty of long drives with short gains, our running game holding us together. But I'm not certain he has what it takes to win a championshiop. Sometimes, the QB has to take the team on his shoulders, and I'm not certain he can do that.

Time will tell though. Since we are stuck with Orton, I hope the "system" works as well as people think and hope that it does, or it's going to be a long couple of years.

Drek
08-08-2009, 08:25 AM
Orton is Orton... people are both putting to much faith in him, but also not giving him enough credit. Simms? No thank you. Cutler back? I wish. Cutler is by and large, the superior QB, regardless of what folks might think of his attitude. Orton I'm afraid, is going to present us with Griese-like results. Very efficient on the short passes, unreliable in the long game, not terribly mobile. As long as the line protects him, we'll manage plenty of long drives with short gains, our running game holding us together. But I'm not certain he has what it takes to win a championshiop. Sometimes, the QB has to take the team on his shoulders, and I'm not certain he can do that.

Time will tell though. Since we are stuck with Orton, I hope the "system" works as well as people think and hope that it does, or it's going to be a long couple of years.
The highlighted part there is a massive contradiction FYI.

Griese's short passes, unreliable long game, and poor mobility was enough for this team to make the playoffs several years with him at the helm. You could say the same about Plummer in his time here. Or Rich Gannon when he took the Raiders to the SB several years back (and carved us up regularly in that time frame FYI). Kurt Warner doesn't throw an impressive deep ball. Neither does Tom Brady. Joe Montana never did either. Hell, Chad Pennington has the arm strength of a junior high cheerleader yet he seems to find a way into the playoffs when healthy pretty damn often.

Meanwhile Cutler never actually took this team to anything. Kind of like how Jeff George never won anything. Or Rob Johnson. I could go on.

Arm strength isn't nearly as important as a QB who knows what the hell he's doing and who can be a leader of men in clutch situations. Orton's record as a starting QB indicates that he can lead a team in clutch situations, the big question is can he put together the necessary skills (reading the field and making decisions quickly, throwing consistent passes that don't end up as mistakes) needed to be a productive player as well as a leader. Maybe he can't, but I'll wait until he proves it on the field before I pass judgment on him. Drew Brees looked like a mediocre NFL QB in San Diego, but now he's found the right system for his skill set and he's year in and year out competing for the offensive player of the year award.

TheDave
08-08-2009, 08:32 AM
The highlighted part there is a massive contradiction FYI.

Griese's short passes, unreliable long game, and poor mobility was enough for this team to make the playoffs several years with him at the helm. You could say the same about Plummer in his time here. Or Rich Gannon when he took the Raiders to the SB several years back (and carved us up regularly in that time frame FYI). Kurt Warner doesn't throw an impressive deep ball. Neither does Tom Brady. Joe Montana never did either. Hell, Chad Pennington has the arm strength of a junior high cheerleader yet he seems to find a way into the playoffs when healthy pretty damn often.

Meanwhile Cutler never actually took this team to anything. Kind of like how Jeff George never won anything. Or Rob Johnson. I could go on.

Arm strength isn't nearly as important as a QB who knows what the hell he's doing and who can be a leader of men in clutch situations. Orton's record as a starting QB indicates that he can lead a team in clutch situations, the big question is can he put together the necessary skills (reading the field and making decisions quickly, throwing consistent passes that don't end up as mistakes) needed to be a productive player as well as a leader. Maybe he can't, but I'll wait until he proves it on the field before I pass judgment on him. Drew Brees looked like a mediocre NFL QB in San Diego, but now he's found the right system for his skill set and he's year in and year out competing for the offensive player of the year award.

Greise never took the broncos to the playoffs...

BroncoSojia
08-08-2009, 08:37 AM

Who quarterbacked for us when we made the playoffs in the 2000 season? hmmm...

Hulamau
yep Orton got booed
He threw two picks and didnt look too good out there.

Im not too worried yet, Orton can still improve

But overall the defense pwned the **** out of the offense that night

One Pick was on Orton, Lloyd fell down on the other one, otherwise it never happens. One pick, one under throw on a bomb and a couple other off throws in a practice ... big deal. He also ran two red zone drills to perfection with darts for TDs plus a two point conversion with the team 'down by 8'.

Typical scrimmage it sounds like to me.

But some members of the press (mostly those living as far away as possible and with little inside view of what's going on here) and a portion of the Bronco "fan" base seem over-joyed to harp at any shred they can elevate into proof that this is all one big disaster in the making. :-) :peace:

TheDave
Who quarterbacked for us when we made the playoffs in the 2000 season? hmmm...

Gus Ferotte

Hulamau
08-08-2009, 08:44 AM
Or that Cutler was 12-1 in games the Broncos D allowed 21 or fewer points in.:thumbsdow:tearhair:

Most other QBs in the league have enviable won loss records when their D's play good ball. It often works like that ...

Drek
08-08-2009, 08:45 AM
Gus Ferotte

Yes, Gus Ferotte's 4-2 run at QB is what got us into the playoffs, not Griese's 7-3 record to start off the season.

TheDave
08-08-2009, 08:51 AM
Yes, Gus Ferotte's 4-2 run at QB is what got us into the playoffs, not Griese's 7-3 record to start off the season.

Actually it had a lot to do with our sucess... Regardless, Greise didn't lead the broncos to the playoffs for "several" seasons like you just said.

2KBack
08-08-2009, 08:53 AM

not technically, but Denver was a top 10 offense every year with griese with the exception of 1999.

TheDave
08-08-2009, 08:58 AM
not technically, but Denver was a top 10 offense every year with griese with the exception of 1999.

and he was sooooo great that mike shanahan cut him in favor of Jake Plummer...

Please, let's not start pretending that comparing Orton to Greise is a good thing.

2KBack
08-08-2009, 09:28 AM

Please, let's not start pretending that comparing Orton to Greise is a good thing.

While I preferred Plummer by a mile, I actually liked Griese the majority of the time that he was here. It just became very obvious that he just was not a quality leader on the field. It also only took one bad thing in a game to make him give up. What's important is that his tangibles, which are compared to Orton, were more than adequate to be successful. Orton is compared to Griese but with great locker room presence and leadership skills.

Drek
08-08-2009, 09:36 AM

Before he tore his shoulder up Griese was a good QB who had stretches of looking great.

After that he didn't gain back his arm strength well and let his personal issues take over his life.

You can't compare him and Orton at all as people. Griese was standoffish and didn't really make any attempt to lead the teams he was on. Orton is by all accounts very much willing to step up and take command of his huddle, locker room, etc..

But if Orton can manage a game like Griese did for his 10 healthy games in 2000, or that brief flash of 10 more games in 2004, while still bringing his own personality and leadership to the huddle and locker room he will be a VERY successful QB here.

The notion that arm strength and a gunslinger's mindset is the only way a QB can put a team on his shoulders and carry them to victory is what's inherently wrong here. A game managing QB who racks up completions and moves the chains can be just as capable a leader of an elite team and can be equally demoralizing to an opposing defense.

You'd think we Bronco fans would know that better than anyone, after watching years of Rich Gannon followed by Peyton Manning marching their teams up and down the field on us 5-10 yards at a time while our defense fumbled about trying to figure out some way to stop them.

TheReverend
08-08-2009, 11:56 AM
I'd like to point out that this is the first time in my life I've heard Peyton Manning referred to as a game manager... and, in all likelihood, the last.

SouthStndJunkie
08-08-2009, 12:01 PM
I'd like to point out that this is the first time in my life I've heard Peyton Manning referred to as a game manager... and, in all likelihood, the last.

In general, QBs who have thrown for over 45,000 yards (average of 4,148 yards per year) with 333 career passing TDs are not referred to as game managers.

orange 4 life
08-08-2009, 12:12 PM
Care to put some money where your mouth is... You always want to call me out on this, but I've been proven rght again and again. Lets put a wager on a couple games this year. $100 okay with you? I'll bet $100 that the Cowboys and Steelers will have equal fans (50/50) as the Broncos at Mile High. You taking the bet or not? Don't post anything other than yes or no. Don't need any more of your rambling BS. Just a simple yes or no. And if it's no, then STFU b/c you have no idea what you're talking about.

People jumped from #7800 last year to getting season tickets this year. That is a combination of a lot of people giving tickets back and a lot of people on the list not taking the opportunity to get theirs. Will the Broncos sell out... yep. But you're mistaken if you think that Bronco fans are going to show up and watch a poor product. Given this economy you should know better... you are a fairly smart and educated man, what is difficult for you to follow here?

Whoa there.
I just stumbled onto this, and I've gone to games WITH you before, so I'm pretty surprised to see this.

I love ya brother, but you're NUTS if you think the cowboys or steelers will have an equal number of fans in our stadium.
Am I reading this right?

Yeah, the 19 YEAR waiting list has gone as low as three years but ALSO gone back up into the teens. Make no mistake, season ticket rights are still hard to come by, and they always will.

Given the sheer volume of season ticket holders, it's literally impossibly for an opposing team to have anywhere NEAR half the fans.
The most I've ever seen (estimated of course) is at games where we face a nationally popular team (Bears, Steelers, etc.) AND we're not having a great season (prompting lousy season ticket holders to sell their seats to opposing fans. Shame on ANYONE who does that. I never have and never will.) and even THEN the MOST opposing fans I've ever seen number in the teens (thousands or course) and MAYBE cracked twenty once, though I doubt it.

P.S.- We WILL show up and watch a poor product, we WILL continue to sell out, and our season ticket wait will jump right back up to ten plus years just as it did last time it dipped like this ('01 and '02), so if he WON'T take that bet, I certainly will. I KNOW you, so I know YOU'RE an educated man (not to mention a nice one. Hope you and the fam are doing well, and let's get together for a game soon!), and I'm floored to see the statement you're making.

Jake

orange 4 life
08-08-2009, 12:23 PM
And finally, Orton is taking on a lot here. He is basically the product of the Jay Cutlergate. For the fans that think McD screwed the pooch, the performance of Kyle Orton and the team's Win/Loss record will ultimately be judged...THIS YEAR.

Sure, and while I think a 5 or 6 win season (which would be unacceptable IMO) is ENTIRELY possible, I ALSO think an 8, 9, or even 10 win season is a possibility.
Look, we have a new coach (and time and time again in all sports new coaches often give the team a lift. Watched the Rockies lately?), a new defensive scheme (not to mention healthy players like Champ and DJ and new players like Dawkins that may make a difference), and the SAME great offense as last year (probably improved outside the qb position) with a healthy (and better) stable of running backs.

Yes, we have a complete unknown at qb, but to judge him on a couple practices or his time with the Bears (look no further than Jake Plummer with the Cards and then here with MUCH less talent around him than Orton will have) is foolhardy at best.

Yes, he doesn't have Cutler's talent or arm, but he ALSO doesn't have Gay's attitude problem (...and I'm speaking of his attitude BEFORE the trade debacle!!), lack of leadership ability, and lack of heart.
Orton played hurt, he played with little around him, and he handled rough treatment from fans and media with class.

Maybe, just maybe, what the guy lacks in talent can be made up for with surrounding talent, heart, and guts.
We'll soon see, but I'm not ready to jump ship just yet, and given Cutler's COMPLETE lack of heart, I'd rather have Orton (or most anyone else for that matter) any day of the week and twice on Sunday.....but that's just me.

Jake

SouthStndJunkie
08-08-2009, 12:24 PM
The problem is that there is no actual way, besides guessing, to tell the exact % of opposing fans in the stadium.

The most I have ever seen in person was for the AFC Championship Game versus the Steelers in the 2005 season....but I have no idea the exact % of Steeler fans that were there.

orange 4 life
08-08-2009, 12:26 PM
I don't see what the big deal is.

If your team is stinking up the joint, are you not allowed to let them know?

Historically in THIS town?

No, you're NOT allowed to let them know.

That said, this crowd of 13k (as many have said in the media and here) was not AT ALL indicative of the 75k crowds we'll see at our regular season games. Big difference. HUGE.

orange 4 life
08-08-2009, 12:29 PM
So this thread is going nowhere fast. Bottom line:

Orton got booed....deserved it

We should have never traded Cutler

Bottom line?

Bottom line is Cutler is a chump and never should've been DRAFTED. Trading him was necessary. The kid has no heart, and the few of you left that support him will see that soon enough.

orange 4 life
08-08-2009, 12:32 PM
Youre right. Orton is clearly better. Thats why the Bears gave up as much as they did for Cutler.

The Bears gave up as much as they did because they needed to sell tickets, and the kid with the golden arm will get that done....for awhile.

That said, his complete lack of heart and leadership will come back to bite them in the toosh. Mark my words.

orange 4 life
08-08-2009, 12:37 PM
"We" didn't........

Oh here we go again.

WE pay their salaries, WE pay for the stadium, WE buy the merchandise, WE represent the team, and THEY go out in the DENVER Broncos uniform and play for US.

Make no mistake, WE have every right to say WE, and WE (even if it wasn't what YOU as an individual wanted) as a team and it's supporters traded the chump.

Here's to hoping WE can get it done this year.

orange 4 life
08-08-2009, 12:48 PM
Gus Ferotte

Eh, not an entirely fair statement IMHO.

Griese played wonderfully that year, and while Gus did a solid job filling in, it was Griese's play that put us in position, and it was Griese's best moment as a Bronco (that incredible performance against Oakland with a separated shoulder) that brought the team together and gave them their identity.
Just my .02, but I think Griese was fantastic in 2000, and I ALSO think it was THAT injury that derailed his career. I'm not saying he woulda been a H.O.F.'er or anything, but he MAY have continued to be a successful Bronco career had he escaped that injury which his arm seemed to never fully heal from.

Northman
08-08-2009, 12:52 PM
Just my .02, but I think Griese was fantastic in 2000, and I ALSO think it was THAT injury that derailed his career. I'm not saying he woulda been a H.O.F.'er or anything, but he MAY have continued to be a successful Bronco career had he escaped that injury which his arm seemed to never fully heal from.

Totally agree with you there. I think Brian was trying to create a name for himself but because of the injury ended up hurting him more than helping in the long run.

orange 4 life
08-08-2009, 12:54 PM
The problem is that there is no actual way, besides guessing, to tell the exact % of opposing fans in the stadium.

The most I have ever seen in person was for the AFC Championship Game versus the Steelers in the 2005 season....but I have no idea the exact % of Steeler fans that were there.

I was disappointed with that also (in that case crappy ticket holders that got greedy and wanted the money as those tickets were going for alot of jack), but it was still probably 10-15k fans at most.

lex
08-08-2009, 01:02 PM
The Bears gave up as much as they did because they needed to sell tickets, and the kid with the golden arm will get that done....for awhile.

That said, his complete lack of heart and leadership will come back to bite them in the toosh. Mark my words.

Last I checked, the Bears werent struggling to sell tickets. Nice try.

orange 4 life
08-08-2009, 01:06 PM
Last I checked, the Bears werent struggling to sell tickets. Nice try.

The Bears had their fans up in arms, and I suppose I should've ammended to say "continue" to sell tickets.
Bottom line is those fans have been booing qb's for so long it's hard to remember the last time they were happy. Maybe the SB shuffle and Jim McMahon? LOL

Anyway, Cutler's talent was too attractive to pass up, and it'll calm the wolves....for awhile.
In the long run, they'll see that the kid has no heart and won't win, but for awhile they'll praise him as the second coming.

lex
08-08-2009, 01:09 PM
The Bears had their fans up in arms, and I suppose I should've ammended to say "continue" to sell tickets.
Bottom line is those fans have been booing qb's for so long it's hard to remember the last time they were happy. Maybe the SB shuffle and Jim McMahon? LOL

Anyway, Cutler's talent was too attractive to pass up, and it'll calm the wolves....for awhile.
In the long run, they'll see that the kid has no heart and won't win, but for awhile they'll praise him as the second coming.

There's massive distortion in what youre saying.

Bronx33
08-08-2009, 05:11 PM
Cutler was the golden boy.

I was rumored that cutler smelled of roses even after practice and no shower.

broncosteven
08-09-2009, 10:21 AM
I was rumored that cutler smelled of roses even after practice and no shower.

And he never bothered flushing because flushing the scent of roses would be sacrilige.

Cito Pelon
08-09-2009, 02:30 PM
You're speaking of Montrose, one of the better posters on the board and the team hasn't been in short's all training camp Einstein, except this morning's walk through.

A few lessons for the mentally challenged here who take any of this booing crap seriously one week into training camp.

Defense is always .. I mean ALWAYS .... well ahead of the offense at this point, if not then you are in serious trouble! As even Simms said after practice tonight the defense get so accustomed to all the plays and formations in a given 11 on 11 drill, they know pretty much the limited array of what is coming that everyone is working on at the moment, and generally have a big advantage over the offense at this stage of the game.

Corners are going to jump routes alot more than in a real game so a couple picks is nothing to slit your wrist over. In fact, had there been no INTs then this AP writer (why am I not surprised?!?) and the other numbskulls out there would but booing the hell out of the defense and we'd see thousand word articles and ESPN 'Breaking News' analysis about how Denver is doomed with an even worse defense than last year .. and all after a week one scrimmage. Hilarious!

Orton had a few TD's and two point conversion with Cheers as well ( not many I suspect from the Boo birds), and he threw a lot of nice passes to Gaffney, Royal and Stokely as well.

In any event, its really idiotic form from the fans to Boo at a practice, particularly this early, but I'm afraid there's been an infusion of pouty, sulky idiot fans for some time now, too many of whom have little idea or perspective on what they are really looking at.

Whatever, it is as it is. The American Idol mentality. Vote 'em up or down every day. Instant gratification or bust ...

nah, man, no ****ing way. rag-arm dude sucked, when you want to say a QB sucks from now on you say he's Orton-fied. I heard a receiver FELL DOWN on one of those INT's. I think that's bull****. That's some kind of McPoopypants COVERUP. You just wait and see, yeah, you just wait and see. THAT WAS A BIGTIME LIKE GAME DEAL INT, dude. You just wait and see. Yeah, you just wait and see. DUDE DIDN'T fall down, RAG-ARM dude PANICKED. You just wait and see, HOMER.

NFLBRONCO
08-09-2009, 02:40 PM
Horton hears the boo's will be the book of the 09 season.

Cito Pelon
08-09-2009, 03:21 PM

Yeah, yeah, that's right, it's like Dr. McSeuss!!! They'll see, yeah, they'll see it's like a comic ****ing book, or whatever Seuss did. Yeah, they'll see, those koolaid homers, yeah they'll see it's gonna be a comical kind of team like whatever that McSeuss guy does. Is he dead yet? Whatever. McPoopypants is GONE already, it's written in Disney script, it's WRITTEN. You just wait and see, yeah, you just wait and see.

Paladin
08-09-2009, 03:31 PM
Oh here we go again.

WE pay their salaries, WE pay for the stadium, WE buy the merchandise, WE represent the team, and THEY go out in the DENVER Broncos uniform and play for US.

Make no mistake, WE have every right to say WE, and WE (even if it wasn't what YOU as an individual wanted) as a team and it's supporters traded the chump.

Here's to hoping WE can get it done this year.

Thanks for the clarification. When do I get my royalty check?

Gosh. I paid to get into the movie. I own that movie? I can say WE made a great movie? You pay money to the phone company, but you sure as h3ll don't own it

When you can call the actual shots on the field and in the games or in the FO, thats when its a "we" deal. Bowlen does not need you as a partner, nor as an investor. "We" didn't make any decisions about anything, did "we"? .....

On the other hand, I wish to h3ll you'd stop making stupid decisions on the FAs and draft choices. And get those damm rookies in camp on time, and stop paying so much money to average players.....

Paladin
08-09-2009, 03:36 PM

You just don't have a freaking clue, do you?

NFLBRONCO
08-09-2009, 04:48 PM
You just don't have a freaking clue, do you?

Why what clue am I supposed to have?

I have supported this regime all along. Orton is short term answer but, I'm hoping he plays well in 09. I thought Horton hears the boo's was theme of this thread.

Cito Pelon
08-09-2009, 05:20 PM
Thanks for the clarification. When do I get my royalty check?

Gosh. I paid to get into the movie. I own that movie? I can say WE made a great movie? You pay money to the phone company, but you sure as h3ll don't own it

When you can call the actual shots on the field and in the games or in the FO, thats when its a "we" deal. Bowlen does not need you as a partner, nor as an investor. "We" didn't make any decisions about anything, did "we"? .....

On the other hand, I wish to h3ll you'd stop making stupid decisions on the FAs and draft choices. And get those damm rookies in camp on time, and stop paying so much money to average players.....

That focker.

The MVPlaya
10-22-2009, 10:43 PM

BroncoBuff
10-22-2009, 10:46 PM
Winning, by the way, will cure everything.

worm is a damn good poster, where tf is he lately?

UberBroncoMan
10-22-2009, 10:58 PM
Holy ****ing necros!!!

ZONA
10-22-2009, 10:59 PM
Seriously, at the rate people are digging up old stuff, this board will be filled with nothing but this crap. Give it a F'ing rest already.

The MVPlaya
03-14-2010, 07:12 PM
Bump

So now that we have Quinn, it seems as if these Orton haters turn into Quinn haters.

The MVPlaya
03-14-2010, 07:13 PM
Prater sucks....I was telling everyone that last year.

:rofl:

DenverBrit
03-14-2010, 07:15 PM
Bump

So now that we have Quinn, it seems as if these Orton haters turn into Quinn haters.

Translation: Anyone McPoopyPants brings in is garbage.

I swear some of those clowns are Raider fans......but with lower IQs and less class. Ha!

The MVPlaya
03-14-2010, 07:18 PM
from the looks of his weak arm I'd say Orton's got that covered

LOLHilarious!

theAPAOps5
03-14-2010, 07:21 PM
Whoa what happened to Lex. I didn't realize he was MIA until this thread was bumped. I know he was banned but was it a permanent ban?

Popps
03-14-2010, 07:25 PM
Whoa what happened to Lex. I didn't realize he was MIA until this thread was bumped. I know he was banned but was it a permanent ban?

Why, have some toddlers you need him to go after?

theAPAOps5
03-14-2010, 07:38 PM
Why, have some toddlers you need him to go after?

No I know he got banned and rightfully so for attacking your daughter. In fact, if I recall right it took too long for the ban. But that has since expired and no sign of him. Its a good thing just came up with the thread bump.

Popps
03-15-2010, 05:27 PM
No I know he got banned and rightfully so for attacking your daughter. In fact, if I recall right it took too long for the ban. But that has since expired and no sign of him. Its a good thing just came up with the thread bump.

He's been banned a few times for attacking kids and family. It's what he does. I can't imagine the powers at the Mane would allow him back. If so, that's a real message to the community here. Anything goes.