PDA

View Full Version : Moss: not true at all I was going to retire

titan
08-06-2009, 02:52 PM
Denver Post:

Jarvis Moss needed some time away, but that didn't mean he was going to retire.

In his first public comments since returning to the Broncos, Moss, the team's first-round draft pick in 2007, today said he never considered quitting football when he left training camp for three days earlier this week. He missed five practices from Saturday through Monday before returning on Tuesday.

"Life stuff caught up to me and I needed time to myself," Moss said. "Coach gave me a few days to get my stuff together before I came back out here, and I did that."

read the whole article at

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_13008576

mx_stiles13
08-06-2009, 03:00 PM
It doesn't make any difference.

He won't touch the field.

Irish Stout
08-06-2009, 03:02 PM

I don't know, sounds like hes actually showing up to some degree in TC.

Florida_Bronco
08-06-2009, 03:02 PM
I thought so. And all the bed wetters here taking Josina's gossip as fact. ::)

Props to McDaniels for giving him the time to get his head in order. It sounds like Jarvis has come back better since having the time off.

BigPlayShay
08-06-2009, 03:05 PM
But one of Josina's anonymous sources heard it from another source that was close to a source that was close to the situation. It has to be true if JoJo says so.

Smiling Assassin27
08-06-2009, 03:05 PM
Jar-Jar Stinks will be donning a UFL uniform in short order.

Florida_Bronco
08-06-2009, 03:10 PM
But one of Josina's anonymous sources heard it from another source that was close to a source that was close to the situation. It has to be true if JoJo says so.

Like I mentioned in another thread, I admire her enthusiasm and hard work and she seems like a nice enough person, but her reports are wrong more often then not.

TheDave
08-06-2009, 03:14 PM
In the future... he may want to get his "Life Stuff" in order BEFORE camp starts.

521 1N5
08-06-2009, 03:16 PM

dude that is a great nickname.

Hogan11
08-06-2009, 03:17 PM

That actually made me chuckle, but I'm afraid you're right. Him getting life stuff in order is too little, way too late.

Dr. Broncenstein
08-06-2009, 03:18 PM
GTFO, jaggof....

worm
08-06-2009, 03:20 PM
I completely understand. Whenever I come back from a long vacation....I need another vacation afterward to ease my re-entry.

PRBronco
08-06-2009, 03:21 PM
Maybe he wants a SB ring and is trying to pull a Nick Eason? >.<

kent156
08-06-2009, 03:33 PM
i don't believe anything this guy says anymore

bfoflcommish
08-06-2009, 03:34 PM
backtracking backtracking backtracking

broncofan2438
08-06-2009, 03:36 PM
The media sucks balls. Never believe what they say. Its all bull****

rastaman
08-06-2009, 03:38 PM

I can't wait for McDaniels to start winning with SHANAHAN players over the next 3 years. :strong:

Florida_Bronco
08-06-2009, 03:40 PM
i don't believe anything this guy says anymore

Why? It's not like Moss has a history of lying. ::)

2KBack
08-06-2009, 03:46 PM
Damn, a lot of hate in this thread. No one here knows what was going on in this kids life.

Florida_Bronco
08-06-2009, 03:56 PM
Damn, a lot of hate in this thread. No one here knows what was going on in this kids life.

Exactly. Who knows what could have happened that caused this? Either way, the coach excused him and now he's back at practice and seems to be doing well. No harm, no foul.

Broncojef
08-06-2009, 03:57 PM
Note to Jarvis:

You had all Spring and Summer to "get your head together" maybe you could play for a single freakin week before need the weekend off. This guy is going no where long term.

Doggcow
08-06-2009, 03:59 PM
Luckily McDaniels didn't draft him, if he had the world would end. But since Shanny drafted him it's no biggy.

Paladin
08-06-2009, 04:18 PM

False. None of them were on the light rail.....

Florida_Bronco
08-06-2009, 04:20 PM
Note to Jarvis:

You had all Spring and Summer to "get your head together" maybe you could play for a single freakin week before need the weekend off. This guy is going no where long term.

How do you know that the issues that came up could have been dealt with in the offseason? That's a pretty big assumption our part.

But again, what difference does it make? The coach excused him, he took some time and now he's back with the team working hard. What's the problem?

DBroncos4life
08-06-2009, 04:20 PM
He is going to have 8 sacks this year.

telluride
08-06-2009, 04:27 PM
Like I mentioned in another thread, I admire her enthusiasm and hard work and she seems like a nice enough person, but her reports are wrong more often then not.

Well, she does work for Fox News....

Rock Chalk
08-06-2009, 04:30 PM
You guys ever think that maybe, just maybe, things came to a head in his life during camp?

I mean, life throws curve balls at all of us and its not always a convenient time for them. IN fact, pretty much every curve ball thrown my way has come at a pretty damn INCONVENIENT time.

Speculation seems to be rampant in this thread.

I dont know what the deal with Moss is. I do know that he has shown some flashes of talent and it would be a shame if we cant get it out of him. Certainly hope the coaches are more tolerant than you assholes.

Dr. Broncenstein
08-06-2009, 04:40 PM
You guys ever think that maybe, just maybe, things came to a head in his life during camp?

I mean, life throws curve balls at all of us and its not always a convenient time for them. IN fact, pretty much every curve ball thrown my way has come at a pretty damn INCONVENIENT time.

I dont know what the deal with Moss is. I do know that he has shown some flashes of talent and it would be a shame if we cant get it out of him. Certainly hope the coaches are more tolerant than you a-holes.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=22283&stc=1&d=1222698660

Hogan11
08-06-2009, 04:57 PM

In the UFL

Florida_Bronco
08-06-2009, 05:06 PM

I dont know what the deal with Moss is. I do know that he has shown some flashes of talent and it would be a shame if we cant get it out of him. Certainly hope the coaches are more tolerant than you a-holes.

Great post.

Drek
08-06-2009, 05:27 PM
No one jumped up Kuper's ass when he took some time off to get married, so why all the hate towards Moss? Because he hasn't performed on the field yet? Thats being a pretty massive dick right there if you ask me.

For all we know there was a death in his family or something. McDaniels handled it well and gave him a chance to get it sorted, and by most accounts he showed a surprising flash of competency in camp today. Shouldn't be we be happy that maybe, just maybe, McDaniels has found the key for best motivating Moss and turning all his athletic potential into something worthwhile?

azbroncfan
08-06-2009, 08:16 PM
Moss's biggest homer Florida is in hog heaven with this news. Although he still can't explain why Moss can't beat out anyone ahead of him in the depth chart for a position that he was meant for. Oh yeah the EXCUSE that it is his first attempt at a new position doesn't work since it is everyone else's too and Moss has more talent. I hope he can be a good player and at this point I'd be happy to have him make the roster I just don't have much faith in him.

BroncoMan4ever
08-06-2009, 10:15 PM

Props to McDaniels for giving him the time to get his head in order. It sounds like Jarvis has come back better since having the time off.

in drills, but when it comes to the actual running plays, or being on the field with the offense and defense he gets washed out of plays and remains a non factor for the team, he is a bubble guy and has finally worn out his welcome in Denver. he is done.

Florida_Bronco
08-06-2009, 11:41 PM
No one jumped up Kuper's ass when he took some time off to get married, so why all the hate towards Moss? Because he hasn't performed on the field yet? Thats being a pretty massive dick right there if you ask me.

For all we know there was a death in his family or something. McDaniels handled it well and gave him a chance to get it sorted, and by most accounts he showed a surprising flash of competency in camp today. Shouldn't be we be happy that maybe, just maybe, McDaniels has found the key for best motivating Moss and turning all his athletic potential into something worthwhile? All excellent points.

Moss's biggest homer Florida is in hog heaven with this news. Yes, I certainly am, although it has nothing to do with being a Moss homer and everything to do with being happy that our former first round pick might actually make something of himself with this team. I understand you're rooting for him to fail, but some of us want him to succeed here.

Although he still can't explain why Moss can't beat out anyone ahead of him in the depth chart I've explained my idea on Moss's current state several times, and at least twice when you yourself have asked for it. How about you remove your head from your ass, quit being such a tool, and read some more?

for a position that he was meant for. I don't quite understand what you're saying here. Does he have alot of the physical qualities needed for his new position? Yes, he does. Is it the position he was "meant for?" Well those are pretty strong words, but at best you had teams looking at him as a 3-4 OLB and a 4-3 DE. It was hardly a lock that he was going to be converted.

Oh yeah the EXCUSE that it is his first attempt at a new position doesn't work since it is everyone else's too and Moss has more talent. Everyone adapts differently. Moss has only been back for what, 3 days now? Give him some time.

azbroncfan
08-07-2009, 01:05 AM
I've explained my idea on Moss's current state several times, and at least twice when you yourself have asked for it. How about you remove your head from your ass, quit being such a tool, and read some more?

Yep you said it was because he was playing a different position than he ever has. Well guess what so is everyone else and how do you explain that? He has a ton of talent right and should have a leg up on Reid and Crowder. I don't want him to fail but unlike you I am able to call a spade a spade instead of making excuses. Right now he is 3rd on depth chart and you can't seem to explain except using excuses that work against him.

azbroncfan
08-07-2009, 01:07 AM

For all we know there was a death in his family or something. McDaniels handled it well and gave him a chance to get it sorted, and by most accounts he showed a surprising flash of competency in camp today. Shouldn't be we be happy that maybe, just maybe, McDaniels has found the key for best motivating Moss and turning all his athletic potential into something worthwhile?

Because Moss hasn't lived up to his draft/talent status and Kuper has exceeded what a 6th round pick normally does. Moss is looking like a complete bust while Kuper has been a starter and shown he can be a good player.

Florida_Bronco
08-07-2009, 01:32 AM
Yep you said it was because he was playing a different position than he ever has. That was only a small part of my argument. I also talked about the lack of developmental coaching, poor scheme...etc.

Well guess what so is everyone else and how do you explain that?
I just did, genius.

Everyone adapts differently. Moss has only been back for what, 3 days now? Give him some time.

He has a ton of talent right and should have a leg up on Reid and Crowder. If I'm understanding the reports correctly, Crowder and Reid are both playing SOLB while Jarvis is at WOLB behind Dumervil.

I don't want him to fail but unlike you I am able to call a spade a spade instead of making excuses. Fine, call a spade a spade. We got a young, former first round pick playing a totally new positions after suffering through injury, poor coaching and a bastard defensive scheme.

There. See how easy that was.

Right now he is 3rd on depth chart and you can't seem to explain except using excuses that work against him. Now of my "excuses" work against him, and like I explained above, it appears he is only behind Dumervil right now.

Taco John
08-07-2009, 01:56 AM
I completely understand. Whenever I come back from a long vacation....I need another vacation afterward to ease my re-entry.

Is that anything like second breakfast?

Crushaholic
08-07-2009, 02:04 AM
All this hatred for Jarvis Moss makes me believe people thought the thread was about RANDY Moss...:rofl:

Killericon
08-07-2009, 02:18 AM
I can't wait for McDaniels to start winning with SHANAHAN players over the next 3 years. :strong:

They're not Shanahan players, they're Denver Broncos.

azbroncfan
08-07-2009, 09:54 AM
That was only a small part of my argument. I also talked about the lack of developmental coaching, poor scheme...etc.

I just did, genius.

If I'm understanding the reports correctly, Crowder and Reid are both playing SOLB while Jarvis is at WOLB behind Dumervil.

Fine, call a spade a spade. We got a young, former first round pick playing a totally new positions after suffering through injury, poor coaching and a bastard defensive scheme.

There. See how easy that was.

Now of my "excuses" work against him, and like I explained above, it appears he is only behind Dumervil right now.

Same song and dance of excuses. I wonder why with all the poor coaching and poor schemes that everyone else seems to be doing alright. It's pointless to argue with you and your logic. At sometime you have to quit looking at potential and look at what have you done and to this point he hasn't done anything. Now can he? I hope and it remains to be seem but making this roster is going to be a challenge let alone getting playing time. I'd hate to hear your excuses in life for challenges that come up for you.

Florida_Bronco
08-07-2009, 12:46 PM
Same song and dance of excuses. See, this is why you suck as a poster. You ask people to explain the reasons why they feel some way, and then you just fly off talking about those reasons as "excuses."

Seriously, what the **** do you want me to say to that? How am I supposed to have a logical discussion with you?

I can't, because you're a gigantic tool.

I wonder why with all the poor coaching and poor schemes that everyone else seems to be doing alright. Are you reading these camp reports? Multiple reports have talked about how he's been doing better since he came back, and he just beat Polumbus like a drum in the last practice. On the flip side, it's not like Moss is the only player who has been a little slow to adapt to the system.

I mean seriously, we're only a week into camp now. We still have the rest of camp and the preseason. You need to lighten up.

It's pointless to argue with you and your logic. You might want to learn the depth charts before you try arguing with me. Baby steps dude.

At sometime you have to quit looking at potential and look at what have you done and to this point he hasn't done anything. See, here you are being a tool again. A hard headed tool at that. You keep yapping about how he "hasn't done anything" despite myself and several others debunking that idiocy. You just never learn, do you?

Now can he? I hope Sure don't seem that way. Of course maybe that's just your nearly pathological obsession with proving me wrong. Who knows.

and it remains to be seem but making this roster is going to be a challenge let alone getting playing time. Seeing as how he is apparently #2 on the depth chart behind Dumervil and improving everyday, I'd say the odds are more in his favor rather than against.

I'd hate to hear your excuses in life for challenges that come up for you. I do just fine, thank you. Of course I don't really have to deal with people like you on a regular basis.

DBroncos4life
08-07-2009, 12:50 PM
Same song and dance of excuses. I wonder why with all the poor coaching and poor schemes that everyone else seems to be doing alright. It's pointless to argue with you and your logic. At sometime you have to quit looking at potential and look at what have you done and to this point he hasn't done anything. Now can he? I hope and it remains to be seem but making this roster is going to be a challenge let alone getting playing time. I'd hate to hear your excuses in life for challenges that come up for you.

Like who? I know it should be tough with all the pro bowl DEs and DTs we had last year. Maybe you should really stop and use your head and maybe wonder why a guy that was drafted in the second round who just happened to be inactive for every game last year is suddenly running with the first team D with a new coaches and a new scheme.

azbroncfan
08-07-2009, 12:57 PM
See, this is why you suck as a poster. You ask people to explain the reasons why they feel some way, and then you just fly off talking about those reasons as "excuses."

Seriously, what the **** do you want me to say to that? How am I supposed to have a logical discussion with you?

I can't, because you're a gigantic tool.

Are you reading these camp reports? Multiple reports have talked about how he's been doing better since he came back, and he just beat Polumbus like a drum in the last practice. On the flip side, it's not like Moss is the only player who has been a little slow to adapt to the system.

I mean seriously, we're only a week into camp now. We still have the rest of camp and the preseason. You need to lighten up.

You might want to learn the depth charts before you try arguing with me. Baby steps dude.

See, here you are being a tool again. A hard headed tool at that. You keep yapping about how he "hasn't done anything" despite myself and several others debunking that idiocy. You just never learn, do you?

Sure don't seem that way. Of course maybe that's just your nearly pathological obsession with proving me wrong. Who knows.

Seeing as how he is apparently #2 on the depth chart behind Dumervil and improving everyday, I'd say the odds are more in his favor rather than against.

I do just fine, thank you. Of course I don't really have to deal with people like you on a regular basis.

So can I self proclaim owning you on this argument? :approve: Seems I got under your skin and all you can say is Tool this and Tool that, blah blah blah.

Hey what is your excuse for why your not a cop yet?

azbroncfan
08-07-2009, 12:59 PM
Like who? I know it should be tough with all the pro bowl DEs and DTs we had last year. Maybe you should really stop and use your head and maybe wonder why a guy that was drafted in the second round who just happened to be inactive for every game last year is suddenly running with the first team D with a new coaches and a new scheme.

I don't think you get what I was saying but Florida was saying Moss was struggling because of a new position, poor coaching/scheme/etc but Moss, Crowder, Dumerville all are in same boat and Reid is playing new position too. So that argument doesn't really work for why they are all playing better than him. I wasn't saying that they didn't get crappy coaching because obviously they did.

cabronco
08-07-2009, 01:00 PM
you guys ever think that maybe, just maybe, things came to a head in his life during camp?

I mean, life throws curve balls at all of us and its not always a convenient time for them. In fact, pretty much every curve ball thrown my way has come at a pretty damn inconvenient time.

I dont know what the deal with moss is. I do know that he has shown some flashes of talent and it would be a shame if we cant get it out of him. Certainly hope the coaches are more tolerant than you a-holes.

+1

rastaman
08-07-2009, 01:05 PM
They're not Shanahan players, they're Denver Broncos.

Shanny gave the okay to draft these guys.....Bowlen gave Shanny GM power, so these are Shanny's players.

DBroncos4life
08-07-2009, 01:07 PM
I don't think you get what I was saying but Florida was saying Moss was struggling with a new position, poor coaching/scheme/etc but Moss, Crowder, Dumerville all are in same boat and Reid is playing new position too. So that argument doesn't really work for why they are all playing better than him. I wasn't saying that they didn't get crappy coaching because obviously they did.

Crowder is playing better but really I haven't read anything that leads me to believe that Doom or Reid are flat out playing Moss. I've read that Moss is playing much better then he was before and has even gotten a couple of sacks. Now do you have another report saying that he isn't playing better since he came back? I would love to read it. Moss even recorded a sack in the practice game I don't recall reading anything about Reid doing that. Hell I have even seen reports that Doom is still struggling vs the run and has to come out on running downs. That doesn't sound like he is lighting the world on fire either. Maybe we should cut him too? Point is Moss isn't messing up the team by having him around and from the sounds of things he is starting to come around which leads me to think that maybe just maybe he is improving. So lets not cut him just yet Ok.

Florida_Bronco
08-07-2009, 01:10 PM
Like who? I know it should be tough with all the pro bowl DEs and DTs we had last year. Maybe you should really stop and use your head and maybe wonder why a guy that was drafted in the second round who just happened to be inactive for every game last year is suddenly running with the first team D with a new coaches and a new scheme. That's what is so absurd about his stance. He's so obsessed with trying to prove me wrong he is oblivious to any and all facts.

So can I self proclaim owning you on this argument? :approve: Seems I got under your skin and all you can say is Tool this and Tool that, blah blah blah. If you want to proclaim victory because you're a hard headed douche who doesn't even know where the player you're arguing about stands on the depth chart...well, be my guest. I hardly think you'll find anyone to agree with you though.

Hey what is your excuse for why your not a cop yet? Same thing it was the last 15 times you asked me this.

Florida_Bronco
08-07-2009, 01:12 PM
I don't think you get what I was saying but Florida was saying Moss was struggling because of a new position, poor coaching/scheme/etc but Moss, Crowder, Dumerville all are in same boat and Reid is playing new position too. So that argument doesn't really work for why they are all playing better than him. I wasn't saying that they didn't get crappy coaching because obviously they did.

Crowder is playing better but really I haven't read anything that leads me to believe that Doom or Reid are flat out playing Moss. I've read that Moss is playing much better then he was before and has even gotten a couple of sacks. Now do you have another report saying that he isn't playing better since he came back? I would love to read it. Moss even recorded a sack in the practice game I don't recall reading anything about Reid doing that. Hell I have even seen reports that Doom is still struggling vs the run and has to come out on running downs. That doesn't sound like he is lighting the world on fire either. Maybe we should cut him too? Point is Moss isn't messing up the team by having him around and from the sounds of things he is starting to come around which leads me to think that maybe just maybe he is improving. So lets not cut him just yet Ok.

Need it be said again, AZ?

ScottXray
08-07-2009, 01:13 PM
I am one that said he might be a bust early on, and up til the very recent past it sure looked like that might be the case. If he truly is doing better I would be overjoyed, because we NEED our first round picks to be worth their draft " weight" .

If Moss makes the team, I will know one thing, and that is that he didn't make it just cause he was a first round pick and the team doesn't want to waste it, so doggedly sticks with a player that isn't capable and performing at a high level. It appears McD is not going to have favorites that he carries just cause he likes them or they Practice well (in shorts and tees). DO or do not , but if your'e a do NOT you will be somewhere else..
Unfortunately for Moss, that is going to be an uphill climb now, and the pick might be wasted because he didn't recieve good coaching his first few years. ( Another thing to blame Shanny for). If he makes the team it will be because he CAN and does have the talent everyone thought. I hope he does . If not , he'll have to be someone elses project. Too bad the Broncos wasted two years Not-developing him .

azbroncfan
08-07-2009, 01:17 PM
Same thing it was the last 15 times you asked me this.

I'd like you to quote where I've asked you before because I don't think I have. BTW I love the Classic Florida your a bad poster line because blah blah blah and I owned you garbage.

Florida_Bronco
08-07-2009, 01:39 PM
I'd like you to quote where I've asked you before because I don't think I have. Maybe I'm mistaken. Maybe it was TGN, Cutthemdown or someone else. Either way I don't feel like digging through two years worth of quotes to find it.

Anyway since I'm possibly mistaken, I'll answer it again. It's pretty much impossible to get hired when the largest department in your area has laid off over 100 sworn personnel in the last year and all the smaller departments were not hiring anyone but those with experience. It's so bad here that I'm now in the process of moving to another state, if that tells you anything.

BTW I love the Classic Florida your a bad poster line because blah blah blah and I owned you garbage. What can I say. You're the one who didn't even know the depth chart, keeps trying to say Jarvis has done nothing and is basically completely off base in your player assessment.

Sorry man, that ain't my fault.

Rock Chalk
08-07-2009, 01:43 PM
Is that anything like second breakfast?

I dont know whats more dorky. You throwing Hobbit references in a Moss thread or me recognizing a Hobbit reference in a Moss thread.

azbroncfan
08-07-2009, 04:14 PM
What can I say. You're the one who didn't even know the depth chart, keeps trying to say Jarvis has done nothing and is basically completely off base in your player assessment.

Sorry man, that ain't my fault.

Show me a depth chart. You are right. I forgot about Griesen getting hurt so Moss moved up by default. Everything I have read has him playing behind Crowder, Reid, Elvis, Ayers, Hagaans. Last I thought Reid and Crowder were the starters with Elvis in on passing downs. In the meantime I'll wait for your depth chart post.

Rock Chalk
08-07-2009, 04:15 PM
Show me a depth chart. You are right. I forgot about Griesen getting hurt so Moss moved up by default. Everything I have read has him playing behind Crowder, Reid, Elvis, Ayers, Hagaans. Last I thought Reid and Crowder were the starters with Elvis in on passing downs. In the meantime I'll wait for your depth chart post.

FWIW when I saw Jarvis out there he was playing with the second team.

Which, by definition, makes him first backup so he only has to beat out one person.

azbroncfan
08-07-2009, 04:16 PM
FWIW when I saw Jarvis out there he was playing with the second team.

Which, by definition, makes him first backup so he only has to beat out one person.

That's right I forgot about Nick G being hurt. I hope he makes a good impact I just have my doubts.

Rock Chalk
08-07-2009, 04:19 PM
That's right I forgot about Nick G being hurt. I hope he makes a good impact I just have my doubts.

Hey, keep your snide comments directed towards Florida. I dont have any vested interest in Jarvis.

All I can tell you is what I saw. On the second team, Jarvis played pretty well and whether or not someone got hurt does not matter. Many a player have moved up a depth chart because the guy in front of them got hurt. I have a hard time believing that anyone on the roster is playing as well as Jarvis is amongst the second teamers at his position, hurt or not.

Florida_Bronco
08-07-2009, 06:42 PM

Crowder and Reid are playing on the strong side, which is not the position Jarvis is playing.

Haggans and Griesen are inside linebackers, so they have no effect on Moss either. Ayers has been moved all around (including DE) to my understanding and apparently hasn't settled into a set position yet.

Right now (and Alec just confirmed it above) Moss is only behind Dumervil, and he's getting plenty of playing time himself.

maher_tyler
08-07-2009, 08:21 PM
I hope he succeeds i just don't think he will..unless he REALLY shows some serious improvement over the next few weeks and in the pre-season games..i think he'll be as good as gone! Maybe resigned to the PS!

Br0nc0Buster
08-07-2009, 11:57 PM
well I hope he got fixed whatever he needed time off, but as far as football goes he is prolly a long shot to contribute to this team

He is just too thin, he looks like an NBA player there not an NFL player.

He gets a decent rush every once in a while, I made it to the Invesco practice and watched him in the drills, but he if he cant beat the tackle on his initial outside burst, he just gets completely washed out of the play.

Dude needs to gain weight and muscle, and until he does that, backup nickel rusher is prolly best he can be

telluride
08-08-2009, 12:52 AM
I've been the biggest Jarvis skeptic since even before we drafted him. That said, it would be tremendous if he got his act together and succeeded -- for the team, and for him.

rastaman
08-08-2009, 02:09 AM
well I hope he got fixed whatever he needed time off, but as far as football goes he is prolly a long shot to contribute to this team

He is just too thin, he looks like an NBA player there not an NFL player.

He gets a decent rush every once in a while, I made it to the Invesco practice and watched him in the drills, but he if he cant beat the tackle on his initial outside burst, he just gets completely washed out of the play.

Dude needs to gain weight and muscle, and until he does that, backup nickel rusher is prolly best he can be

The biggest mystery with Jarvis's developlement is the question of why he can't gain weight and keep it on. This is his 3rd year in the league, is it that difficult to put on 10lbs of weight/muscle per year! When he was drafted in 07 and weighed 250lbs, he should weigh at minimum 270-275lbs! Am I missing something here?

The question I have, why hasnt a nutritionist and strength training coach been assigned to Jarvis Moss during the offseason?

For the record, when Moss was drafted some draft guru's were comparing him to a raw "Michael Strahan" b/c he had the same deminsions interms of height and weight. Strahan was just as raw when he came into the NFL.....but he obviously had gotten better with each passing year to become all pro and a eventual HOFer.

BabyTO
08-08-2009, 02:36 AM
"Life stuff caught up to me and I needed time to myself," Moss said. "Coach gave me a few days to get my stuff together before I came back out here, and I did that."

Why dont you go **** yourself. It would be silly to admit that you only came back so you wouldnt have to pay the Broncos back the 3+ mil. you waste of a draft pick and instead you're going to wait for the Broncos to release you. Screw you punk. I hope McDaniels keeps you on the roster and only plays you on special teams.

"I needed time to myself". **** you.

Broncosfreak_56
08-08-2009, 03:00 AM
Why dont you go **** yourself. It would be silly to admit that you only came back so you wouldnt have to pay the Broncos back the 3+ mil. you waste of a draft pick and instead you're going to wait for the Broncos to release you. Screw you punk. I hope McDaniels keeps you on the roster and only plays you on special teams.

::)

GreatBronco16
08-08-2009, 06:44 AM

Well why don't you tell us how you really feel?::)

Los Broncos
08-08-2009, 07:27 AM

Who was that said that last year about this time?

Someone said he'll have 9-10 sacks, unreal.

DBroncos4life
08-08-2009, 07:36 AM
Who was that said that last year about this time?

Someone said he'll have 9-10 sacks, unreal.

Me....:peace:

~Crash~
08-08-2009, 10:16 AM

that right the made me decide Josh might not be as bad as I once thought . I still say his handling of Cutler was god awful but maybe there is hope ....

~Crash~
08-08-2009, 10:18 AM
Who was it that use to say ."Get your stink mind right"?

~Crash~
08-08-2009, 10:21 AM
I am one that said he might be a bust early on, and up til the very recent past it sure looked like that might be the case. If he truly is doing better I would be overjoyed, because we NEED our first round picks to be worth their draft " weight" .

If Moss makes the team, I will know one thing, and that is that he didn't make it just cause he was a first round pick and the team doesn't want to waste it, so doggedly sticks with a player that isn't capable and performing at a high level. It appears McD is not going to have favorites that he carries just cause he likes them or they Practice well (in shorts and tees). DO or do not , but if your'e a do NOT you will be somewhere else..
Unfortunately for Moss, that is going to be an uphill climb now, and the pick might be wasted because he didn't recieve good coaching his first few years. ( Another thing to blame Shanny for). If he makes the team it will be because he CAN and does have the talent everyone thought. I hope he does . If not , he'll have to be someone elses project. Too bad the Broncos wasted two years Not-developing him .

yep cause you say so...:~ohyah!: . why dont you think of all the fun Shanahan made you mister sour puss

azbroncfan
08-10-2009, 03:02 PM
Crowder and Reid are playing on the strong side, which is not the position Jarvis is playing.

Haggans and Griesen are inside linebackers, so they have no effect on Moss either. Ayers has been moved all around (including DE) to my understanding and apparently hasn't settled into a set position yet.

Right now (and Alec just confirmed it above) Moss is only behind Dumervil, and he's getting plenty of playing time himself.

Kind of blows your argument out of the water. So much for me not being able to read reports and understanding the article's about Moss being 3rd string except for his one day where nickle drills were being ran. What do you say now Mr I am such a fan but don't know the depth chart? You accused me of that several times on this thread. In reality the depth chart doesn't mean a whole lot right now because there will be a ton of changes in next couple weeks.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=134

Florida_Bronco
08-10-2009, 03:12 PM
Kind of blows your argument out of the water. So much for me not being able to read reports and understanding the article's about Moss being 3rd string except for his one day where nickle drills were being ran. What do you say now Mr I am such a fan but don't know the depth chart? You accused me of that several times on this thread.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=134

I'd say you should go read the depth chart again. Reid and Crowder are both playing the other OLB opposite of where Jarvis plays, just like I explained to you.

Also for what it's worth, at least one of our camp reporters is pretty perplexed over Haggan being where he is, and they have Dawkins (SS) and Hill (FS) listed at the incorrect positions.

azbroncfan
08-10-2009, 03:19 PM
I'd say you should go read the depth chart again. Reid and Crowder are both playing the other OLB opposite of where Jarvis plays, just like I explained to you.

Also for what it's worth, at least one of our camp reporters is pretty perplexed over Haggan being where he is, and they have Dawkins (SS) and Hill (FS) listed at the incorrect positions.

Lets just get back to the original question. How do you explain Moss being listed as 3rd string when everyone else is in a new position too with less talent. You kept claiming he was 2nd string over and over and over. I'll bet the day Alec was there was the day they were practicing passing offense and defense. I read an article last week that said he was behind Crowder, Reid, Elvis, Haggan, Ayers to make the squad. You told me that Haggans was an ILB but I had been reading he was playing on the outside and quietly playing decent. He must be playing both. Either way you completely owned me in the argument and noone has the knowledge that the great Florida Bronco has.

DBroncos4life
08-10-2009, 03:23 PM
What the **** is so wrong with Florida holding out hope that a former first round pick can still help us out as a team?

Irish Stout
08-10-2009, 03:24 PM
At first I got on this thread annoyed that someone brought up what I considered a "dead" thread for some stupid reason. then I come to find out the Bronco from Florida and the Fan from Arizona are having a (STUPID) dispute as to the ability of Moss and I now realize this has a lot of potential. Go Broncos of other states!!! Go and prove each other wrong!!!!

p.s. I use extra exclamation points to show how truly excited I am.

Florida_Bronco
08-10-2009, 03:29 PM
Lets just get back to the original question. How do you explain Moss being listed as 3rd string when everyone else is in a new position too with less talent. How many times do you plan on asking this?

You kept claiming he was 2nd string over and over and over. He was. At the time Ayers was unsigned and he was behind Dumervil. I'm pretty perplexed how Ayers (who has been playing alot at DE) is ahead of Moss on at WOLB on the depth chart, but I imagine we'll see lots of changes between now and the season opener, especially if they move Ayers all over the field like suggested.

I'll bet the day Alec was there was the day they were practicing passing offense and defense. Actually according to Alec he missed the day where Haggan was playing so well. He mentioned that in his thread.

I read an article last week that said he was behind Crowder, Reid, Elvis, Haggan, Ayers to make the squad. And it must have been written by a moron. That would be like saying a DT is behind a DE to make it onto the roster.

You told me that Haggans was an ILB but I had been reading he was playing on the outside He was an MLB, but it appears they feel his skillset fits better as a OLB in the 3-4.

and quietly playing decent. Possibly. I only remember hearing him get props on that one good day he had.

He must be playing both. It appears that is correct.

Either way you completely owned me in the argument and noone has the knowledge that the great Florida Bronco has. Doesn't take much knowledge to read the reports and see that Reid/Crowder are playing opposite of Moss. I appreciate the acknowledgment but it wasn't anything really impressive on my part.

Florida_Bronco
08-10-2009, 03:31 PM
What the **** is so wrong with Florida holding out hope that a former first round pick can still help us out as a team?

Nothing. AZ just has some weird obsession with trying to prove me wrong.

azbroncfan
08-10-2009, 03:32 PM
How many times do you plan on asking this?

He was. At the time Ayers was unsigned and he was behind Dumervil. I'm pretty perplexed how Ayers (who has been playing alot at DE) is ahead of Moss on at WOLB on the depth chart, but I imagine we'll see lots of changes between now and the season opener, especially if they move Ayers all over the field like suggested.

Actually according to Alec he missed the day where Haggan was playing so well. He mentioned that in his thread.

And it must have been written by a moron. That would be like saying a DT is behind a DE to make it onto the roster.

He was an MLB, but it appears they feel his skillset fits better as a OLB in the 3-4.

Possibly. I only remember hearing him get props on that one good day he had.

It appears that is correct.

Doesn't take much knowledge to read the reports and see that Reid/Crowder are playing opposite of Moss. I appreciate the acknowledgment but it wasn't anything really impressive on my part.

All of that doesn't change the fact that Moss is 3 on the depth chart. You can keep arguing and making excuses to get around it but Moss is 3rd string and a long shot to make the roster at this point. Looks like your the fan that didn't know the depth chart. Looks like the woman DP writer that reports alot of inaccurate posts was spot on.

azbroncfan
08-10-2009, 03:33 PM
Nothing. AZ just has some weird obsession with trying to prove me wrong.

No I just get amusement I watching you over and over showing your unable to admit your wrong even after calling me the bad fan for not knowing the depth chart when it looks like you didn't know it.

DBroncos4life
08-10-2009, 03:36 PM
No I just get amusement I watching you over and over showing your unable to admit your wrong even after calling me the bad fan for not knowing the depth chart when it looks like you didn't know it.

how sad

azbroncfan
08-10-2009, 03:39 PM
how sad

It's funny how the excuses just keep piling up. One after another and spin job fashion. Well one day he was 2nd string, your the bad fan, etc. All it takes is an easy Yes I was wrong he is 3rd string.

Florida_Bronco
08-10-2009, 03:44 PM
All of that doesn't change the fact that Moss is 3 on the depth chart. You can keep arguing and making excuses to get around it but Moss is 3rd string and a long shot to make the roster at this point.

Moreno is 4th on the depth chart and McKinley isn't even listed, yet I don't think they are long shots to make this team. Do you?

We have still yet to play a single preseason game yet, and this is just the preliminary depth chart. Do I really need to go dig through previous ones to show you the changes made? Elvis Dumervil was 3rd on the depth chart in 2007 preseason and put up 12.5 sacks during the year.

Looks like your the fan that didn't know the depth chart. Looks like the woman DP writer that reports alot of inaccurate posts was spot on. Are you really this stupid? I was right. Crowder and Reid are playing SOLB and not ahead of Moss at WOLB. The pnly one I might have been incorrect on was Haggan, who apparently has switched from MLB to OLB.

Florida_Bronco
08-10-2009, 03:53 PM

I see I'm going to have to get my crayons out for this one. ::)

He has a ton of talent right and should have a leg up on Reid and Crowder. Right now he is 3rd on depth chart

Alec told you were wrong the same day you made these posts.

FWIW when I saw Jarvis out there he was playing with the second team. Which, by definition, makes him first backup so he only has to beat out one person.

And now the actual depth chart shows I am correct (with the exception of Haggans, who we're still unsure of) just like I said in this post...

Do you get it yet?

Cito Pelon
08-10-2009, 05:09 PM
Moss has skills, but he's not ferocious. That's just the way it is. I wish Moss the best of luck in his future endeavors.

azbroncfan
08-10-2009, 11:22 PM
Moreno is 4th on the depth chart and McKinley isn't even listed, yet I don't think they are long shots to make this team. Do you?

We have still yet to play a single preseason game yet, and this is just the preliminary depth chart. Do I really need to go dig through previous ones to show you the changes made? Elvis Dumervil was 3rd on the depth chart in 2007 preseason and put up 12.5 sacks during the year.

Are you really this stupid? I was right. Crowder and Reid are playing SOLB and not ahead of Moss at WOLB. The pnly one I might have been incorrect on was Haggan, who apparently has switched from MLB to OLB.

I agree with all your saying except your the one who started by saying I was wrong and not a good fan because I didn't know the depth chart. In typical Florida fashion you just keep spinning in circles and can't answer why his boy is 3rd on the depth chart. Are you disputing that he isn't 3rd string? I didn't just get that from nowhere everywhere I read had him on the 3rd string except for the passing practice day where he was running 2nd team nickle. You say that writer is an idiot but the article was spot on with the depth charts. Maybe the writer is but it's hard to argue against. I'm sure you will find a way though.

Florida_Bronco
08-11-2009, 12:14 AM
I agree with all your saying except your the one who started by saying I was wrong and not a good fan because I didn't know the depth chart. I don't recall ever saying you were a bad fan. I most definitely got on you about not knowing the depth chart and where people were playing, but I certainly don't think I called you a bad fan. I hate that, and I reserve that for only the truest of douchebags.

If I did say it, it was only in the heat of the moment, and I apologize.

In typical Florida fashion you just keep spinning in circles and can't answer why his boy is 3rd on the depth chart. Are you disputing that he isn't 3rd string? I didn't just get that from nowhere everywhere I read had him on the 3rd string except for the passing practice day where he was running 2nd team nickle. When I said he was 2nd string, it was correct at the time and the camp reporters can confirm he was only behind Dumervil. At least for now, it appears Ayers has moved ahead of him but that was not the case at the time. Still, things can and will change.

You say that writer is an idiot but the article was spot on with the depth charts. Maybe the writer is but it's hard to argue against. I'm sure you will find a way though. The writer is an idiot, because Moss doesn't even play the same positions as Crowder and Reid, so he can't be behind them on the depth chart.

Irish Stout
08-11-2009, 07:31 AM
Please tell me your feud hasn't died out yet. The Mane needs a good feud right about now.