PDA

View Full Version : Cutler on AM1000 Chicago

crush17
08-06-2009, 12:28 PM
Basically stated that in terms of fans, Denver is at a 6 and Chicago is at a 9...

Something along those lines.

Its all over The Fan right now... lol.
He's asking to have a hit on him in the preseason game imo...

Rulon Velvet Jones
08-06-2009, 12:29 PM
You know, you know, you know, you know, you know, you know.

Peoples Champ
08-06-2009, 12:29 PM
Basically stated that in terms of fans, Denver is at a 6 and Chicago is at a 9...

Just wait till he throws a few picks, those fans will jump right off the bandwagon and he will rate them a 0.

Inkana7
08-06-2009, 12:32 PM
Hahaha what a doucher

Gcver2ver3
another Cutler thread...

oh ok...

i wasn't really around here for the brian griese debacle...

did we stalk Griese as much as we are doing Cutler even though he doesn't play for us anymore?...

The Joker
To think, people still pine for this guy.

521 1N5
Yeah he is pretty much a **********.

521 1N5
08-06-2009, 12:33 PM
C0******er

521 1N5
08-06-2009, 12:33 PM
caulk succer

SoCalBronco
08-06-2009, 12:35 PM
I hope he has a good year this year. Go Jay.

bfoflcommish
08-06-2009, 12:37 PM
another Cutler thread...

oh ok...

did we stalk Griese as much as we are doing Cutler even though he doesn't play for us anymore?...

you need to hear it! he came off a bigger d!ck then normal. he basically said Bears fans are better because thier TC can hold more fans.

BlaK-Argentina
08-06-2009, 12:40 PM
Ha, this guy is a douche. So glad he's not on our team anymore. Now if we can just get something good for Marshall we're on our way. Get rid of all ****.

Chris
08-06-2009, 12:41 PM
coachsoccer

Jagrego
08-06-2009, 12:45 PM
Not that I'm defending the guy, but the principle. What's he gonna say? "Chicago paid huge to get me, and by the way Denver has way better fans." JC and Denver had a messy break-up and you expect him to B-rate his current team? I don't think so.
Cut(ler) the guy a break an move on.

wolf754life
08-06-2009, 12:46 PM
cutler is punk who will get his.

Smiling Assassin27
08-06-2009, 12:47 PM
sorry, who cut what in the where?

crush17
08-06-2009, 12:48 PM
Not that I'm defending the guy, but the principle. What's he gonna say? "Chicago paid huge to get me, and by the way Denver has way better fans." JC and Denver had a messy break-up and you expect him to B-rate his current team? I don't think so.

No.

SoCalBronco
08-06-2009, 12:49 PM

Very good post. :thumbsup:

fdf
08-06-2009, 12:49 PM
. . .
i wasn't really around here for the brian griese debacle... did we stalk Griese as much as we are doing Cutler even though he doesn't play for us anymore?...

Nah. Only BEFORE Griese left. It was interminable then. But by the time he left, it was so obvious his injury had ended his career as a serious NFL starting QB that nobody cared what he did next.

Archer81
08-06-2009, 12:50 PM
Just waiting for late in the season when Chicago is in a big game late in the year to secure the division or lock a playoff spot and Cutler melts down. Its happened often enough here. But, Jay is in Chicago now, so good luck Jay. May the football gods smile upon you...you sack o ****.

:Broncos:

521 1N5
08-06-2009, 12:50 PM
This is why I think bounties should be allowed in sports.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
08-06-2009, 12:52 PM

He could say nothing.

"Denver's fans were great while I was there. It's a good football town. I'm happy to be in Chicago, though."

Not "I'm a douchebag. Not only did I beg my way out of town like a little girl with a skinned knee, I'm now going to insult the poor saps who did idiotic things like support me in arguments and buy my jersey. I'm such a dick!"

Florida_Bronco
08-06-2009, 12:52 PM

**** him. How can you still support this cockbag?

I hope we break his ****ing leg when he comes to Denver.

broncofan2438
08-06-2009, 12:53 PM
Cant wait to be at that game. The Cutler jersey burning party is gonna be fun

BlaK-Argentina
08-06-2009, 12:53 PM

BS, this is just the way he is. You really believe that if, for example, Eddie Royal was put in this situation he would rip the fans of his former team?

I still like Jay the player, but as a person he a ****ing douche.

521 1N5
08-06-2009, 12:54 PM
Very good post. :thumbsup:

For real? Way to take the high road for arguments sake. If you really wanted the politically correct reply to this it would have been :

Jay shouldn't have said anything at all. Jay Cutler's little rating should have been Denver Management 6 and Chicago management 9.

For him to say that about the fans is classless and for you to agree with somebody "Cutting him a break" just shows how far up your ass your head is.

Tombstone RJ
08-06-2009, 12:54 PM

What's he supposed to say? Is he supposed to say Denver fans are better?

521 1N5
08-06-2009, 12:56 PM
What's he supposed to say? Is he supposed to say Denver fans are better?

No, nothing at all about the fans.

~Crash~
08-06-2009, 12:56 PM
another Cutler thread...

oh ok...

I get it you are a short bus passenger . :sunshine: I have and Idea don't double click

Florida_Bronco
08-06-2009, 12:58 PM
He could say nothing.

"Denver's fans were great while I was there. It's a good football town. I'm happy to be in Chicago, though."

Not "I'm a douchebag. Not only did I beg my way out of town like a little girl with a skinned knee, I'm now going to insult the poor saps who did idiotic things like support me in arguments and buy my jersey. I'm such a dick!"

THAT is a good post, and the way Jay should have handled it.

Rulon Velvet Jones
08-06-2009, 12:58 PM
<object width="445" height="364"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/L9WCPxDYBjg&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/L9WCPxDYBjg&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364"></embed></object>

crowebomber
08-06-2009, 12:59 PM
With his offensive line and his below average recieving corps, he'll be Derrick Anderson by the end of the year. One year he's a probowler, a season later he's fighting for his job.

Tombstone RJ
08-06-2009, 01:00 PM
No, nothing at all about the fans.

Oh, is he supposed to plead the 5th? C'mon... People on this board are preoccupied with Cutler. Jay is gone. He's moved on and so should we as fans...

outdoor_miner
He could say nothing.

Exactly - the guy has proven again and again that he's a dick. There was no reason to bring Denver's fans into it. And this isn't the first time he's said it! It is beyond me why people would root for an asshole... Especially an asshole that actively worked to leave the team I love.

~Crash~
For real? Way to take the high road for arguments sake. If you really wanted the politically correct reply to this it would have been :

Jay shouldn't have said anything at all. Jay Cutler's little rating should have been Denver Management 6 and Chicago management 9.

For him to say that about the fans is classless and for you to agree with somebody "Cutting him a break" just shows how far up your ass your head is.

So you think all the broncos fans stood behind Cutler ? Yep truth hurts.

521 1N5
08-06-2009, 01:01 PM
He could say nothing.

See this.

outdoor_miner
08-06-2009, 01:03 PM
Oh, is he supposed to plead the 5th?

What? Do you think someone held a gun to his head and said, "Compare Bears fans to Broncos fans on a scale of 1 to 10"???

SportinOne
08-06-2009, 01:04 PM
The majority of Bronco fans don't like Jay anymore, they say awful things about him on a daily basis, and the only thing Jay says about you bitter, scornful ex-wives is that you are a 6 out of 10. Given the fact that at least 60% of Bronco fans now hate him, that's a pretty favorable stat.

Now, someone is going to say, "But he was probably referring to how he thought the fans were before he was traded." Well, it goes both ways. About 90% of you who now swear that Cutler is garbage and that you hate his guts were singing his praises just a few months ago. If you can't get over the fact that our owner and new coach strong-armed him out of town because of a pissing contest that's your own problem.

I applaud him for taking a jab instead of being a PR puppet.

Mr. Elway
08-06-2009, 01:04 PM
For all the people who are still a fan of Cutler even though he is a Chicago Bear, it's good to know he is no longer a fan of you, and has no love for Denver.

I think we would have been better off this year with Jay, but I won't be cheering for him in Chicago.

broncofan7
08-06-2009, 01:05 PM
To think, people still pine for this guy.

I 'pine' for him to blow out his knee in the pre-season so that we get a top 3 pick in next year's draft.........

Gcver2ver3
08-06-2009, 01:05 PM
I get it you are a short bus passenger . :sunshine: I have and Idea don't double click

relax killer...

don't get your panties bunched up...

i am just wondering why we care about what an exbronco is doing...he made it clear he doesn't want to be a part of this organization...

who cares what he thinks...i don't and i was hoping to convince others on this thread not to care either...

~Crash~
08-06-2009, 01:06 PM
Cutler is a guy that lets his action do the talking for him . like taking people home for Thanksgiving because they have no wheres to go like going to vandy all the time and giving back . and like buying Clady a plane ride to Hawia... yep he is pure evil

SoDak Bronco
08-06-2009, 01:07 PM
Break an ankle

~Crash~
08-06-2009, 01:08 PM
What? Do you think someone held a gun to his head and said, "Compare Bears fans to Broncos fans on a scale of 1 to 10"???

he was a bears fan all his life what the hell do you think he should say .

jhns
08-06-2009, 01:09 PM
If jay is all of the things you guys are saying because he insulted you with this statement, what does that make all of you that are saying far worse about him? Hypocritical? Thin skinned? Babies? Immature? You pick.

broncofan2438
08-06-2009, 01:11 PM
For all the people who are still a fan of Cutler even though he is a Chicago Bear, it's good to know he is no longer a fan of you, and has no love for Denver.

I think we would have been better off this year with Jay, but I won't be cheering for him in Chicago.

No kidding. All of those that are still on his jock, Cutler doesnt even care about you. F Cutler, and I hope everyone in that building boos his ass back to Chitown

DBroncos4life
08-06-2009, 01:12 PM
He could say nothing.

He is a Bear now do you really think he should walk on eggshells to please both Bears and Broncos fans? Wow people are dumb.

521 1N5
08-06-2009, 01:13 PM
Cutler is a guy that lets his action do the talking for him . like taking people home for Thanksgiving because they have no wheres to go like going to vandy all the time and giving back . and like buying Clady a plane ride to Hawia... yep he is pure evil

First- What the hell did you just say?

Second- I'm glad you had a chance to read some replies on this thread and jump on a bandwagon. Too bad you picked the wrong side :(

Meck77
08-06-2009, 01:13 PM
He's a triple chin "ya know" saying gutless drunk.

SportinOne
08-06-2009, 01:15 PM
He is a Bear now do you really think he should walk on eggshells to please both Bears and Broncos fans? Wow people are dumb.

Exactly, why should he lie just to please you people?

Hey, I just talked to Cutler on the phone. He said that when you stop talking **** he will bite his tongue.

521 1N5
08-06-2009, 01:16 PM
OK OK OK Maybe some of the fans in the stadium are a 6. But Denver/Colorado as a whole is behind the Broncos as much as any of the top teams in the NFL as far as fandom is concerned. He's just an idiot for even saying something like that.

jhns
08-06-2009, 01:17 PM
No kidding. All of those that are still on his jock, Cutler doesnt even care about you. F Cutler, and I hope everyone in that building boos his ass back to Chitown

LOL

You guys actually think athletes care about you even when on the team you support? That may be true of about .2 percent of them. I think a lot of people here need a reality check.

DBroncos4life
08-06-2009, 01:23 PM
When did we become such babies that we have to cry every time a former player says something that we don't like?

Jagrego
He could say nothing.

I agree, it would have been great if JC had put it in such maturely agreeable terms.

However, continuing to waste on JC and his immature remarks (and they are immature) serves only to justify his remarks toward Denver fans and make Denver fans look like a bunch of emotionally immature message board spitwods. In essence JC's remarks become a correct assessment. So the only conclusion available is that the people promoting the negativity revel in negativity.

This post will probably get me beat down big time. Enjoy.

Miss I.
1. Here's the thing about it. Fundamentally it doesn't add or detract anything to what we already know about the guy. He opens his mouth and says stuff he probably shouldn't. He obviously hasn't learned his lesson. Just because someone asks you a question doesn't mean you have to answer it, nor do you have to give more details then a yes or no in most cases.
2. Does being this blunt or whatever make him honest rather than a PR monkey. No, it makes him an ass. If he had slammed the organization that would be one thing, to slam the fan base, is a douchebag move and there's no reason for it other than to be a spiteful child. There is such a thing as moving on with grace and dignity and professionalism (sometimes STFU is the best option). Jay has shown none of these things at any time. He's got great skills, but the manners of a teenager.
3. That said, I hope Jay gets his act together, grows up and does well in his life. Wishing him ill says more about the person wishing it than about Jay. To be honest I am certain I will take a bit of pleasure in seeing him get sacked in our preseason matchup, but I wish him no actual harm. That kind of thinking is just nasty karma in the making (or whatever you want to call it).

Peace out guys. Can't wait to hear more about the camp. I really hope I can score some tickets to the Patriots - Tampa game here in England, but that may prove to be difficult.

SouthStndJunkie
08-06-2009, 01:25 PM
I can't believe some of you guys are getting butt hurt because Jay Cutler said Broncos fans rate as a 6.

Training camp is going on folks.

Ambiguous
08-06-2009, 01:28 PM
1. Here's the thing about it. Fundamentally it doesn't add or detract anything to what we already know about the guy. He opens his mouth and says stuff he probably shouldn't. He obviously hasn't learned his lesson. Just because someone asks you a question doesn't mean you have to answer it, nor do you have to give more details then a yes or no in most cases.
2. Does being this blunt or whatever make him honest rather than a PR monkey. No, it makes him an ass. If he had slammed the organization that would be one thing, to slam the fan base, is a douchebag move and there's no reason for it other than to be a spiteful child. There is such a thing as moving on with grace and dignity and professionalism (sometimes STFU is the best option). Jay has shown none of these things at any time. He's got great skills, but the manners of a teenager.
3. That said, I hope Jay gets his act together, grows up and does well in his life. Wishing him ill says more about the person wishing it than about Jay. To be honest I am certain I will take a bit of pleasure in seeing him get sacked in our preseason matchup, but I wish him no actual harm. That kind of thinking is just nasty karma in the making (or whatever you want to call it).

Peace out guys. Can't wait to hear more about the camp. I really hope I can score some tickets to the Patriots - Tampa game here in England, but that may prove to be difficult.

This.

Houshyamama
08-06-2009, 01:30 PM
The majority of Bronco fans don't like Jay anymore, they say awful things about him on a daily basis, and the only thing Jay says about you bitter, scornful ex-wives is that you are a 6 out of 10. Given the fact that at least 60% of Bronco fans now hate him, that's a pretty favorable stat.

Now, someone is going to say, "But he was probably referring to how he thought the fans were before he was traded." Well, it goes both ways. About 90% of you who now swear that Cutler is garbage and that you hate his guts were singing his praises just a few months ago. If you can't get over the fact that our owner and new coach strong-armed him out of town because of a pissing contest that's your own problem.

blah blah blah blah, defend Jay, blah blah Jay's great blah blah. I was always a Cutler supporter until he started whining like a girl. The classy thing would have been to say nothing at all about the fans in Denver seeing as we did nothing but support him while he was here.

Time to move on. Cutler is a grade A mangina.

Dexter
08-06-2009, 01:31 PM

I don't disagree entirely with your post, but Jay Cutler was hardly strong-armed out of town. Did the FO/McDaniels make a mistake with how the how situation got started? Yep, I don't deny that. But who was the one that wouldn't return the calls of the owner, players and others?

Jay Cutler. The guy wanted out, and its not all that unrealistic to say he might have wanted out after Shanahan got fired. Just like the Cutler haters need to stop blaming the whole thing on him, the FO and McDaniels haters need to stop blaming the whole thing on them.

Both sides screwed up bad, and don't blame me that since he's in Chicago I don't like him anymore. Why would I? He isn't on our team, and he hardly left in a respectful manner.

6/10 isn't that bad considering how he left, but then again why would I care what someone thinks of the fans here that was only here for 2 years.

Ambiguous
08-06-2009, 01:31 PM
I can't believe some of you guys are getting butt hurt because Jay Cutler said Broncos fans rate as a 6.

Training camp is going on folks.

I don't think anyone is actually upset about it, but talking some **** on a message board about the guy is fine. Seeing him get sacked a couple of times in preseason wouldn't be bad either.

crush17
08-06-2009, 01:36 PM
I don't think anyone is actually upset about it, but talking some **** on a message board about the guy is fine. Seeing him get sacked a couple of times in preseason wouldn't be bad either.

Quoted for truth...

Sheesh.

Williams
08-06-2009, 01:40 PM
Most Bronco fans consider Cutler a whiny pussy. Bear fans are treating him like football royalty (so far). Of course he's gonna prefer Bear fans.

no-pseudo-fan
08-06-2009, 01:43 PM
What a tool!!!!! That dude has no class.

Punisher
08-06-2009, 01:47 PM
http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/2791/12123.gif

lex
08-06-2009, 02:01 PM
Does anyone know what candy Elway will be handing out for Halloween this year?

521 1N5
08-06-2009, 02:03 PM
Does anyone know what candy Elway will be handing out for Halloween this year?

I dunno man, but I hope it's extra sugary and JCut gets a pillowcase full, eats it all in one night and.... I'm jk.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
08-06-2009, 02:18 PM

No, I don't think he should walk on egg shells. Did you not read my post? Do you not know how to read?

All he had to do was leave the fans out of it. We supported him when he was here, and as soon as he leaves, he stabs his fans -- people that bought his jersey, took pictures with him at events, etc. -- right in the back. It was classless. He didn't have to say anything, but he chose to be classless.

You know, sort of like grabbing his crotch towards the San Diego sideline... or getting in a shouting match with another quarterback... or being a ****ing weeping pussy and whining his way out of town...

In other words, I'm not surprised by his actions. Disappointed, yes. But a moronic, classless **** is a moronic classless ****, no matter what uniform he is wearing.

tsiguy96
08-06-2009, 02:25 PM
he is a douchebag to the highest degree, and he continues to prove it everyday. this is the second time he has called out the denver fans, yet some of you guys continue to support him, its ridiculous.

jhns
08-06-2009, 02:28 PM
No, I don't think he should walk on egg shells. Did you not read my post? Do you not know how to read?

All he had to do was leave the fans out of it. We supported him when he was here, and as soon as he leaves, he stabs his fans -- people that bought his jersey, took pictures with him at events, etc. -- right in the back. It was classless. He didn't have to say anything, but he chose to be classless.

You know, sort of like grabbing his crotch towards the San Diego sideline... or getting in a shouting match with another quarterback... or being a ****ing weeping p***Y and whining his way out of town...

In other words, I'm not surprised by his actions. Disappointed, yes. But a moronic, classless **** is a moronic classless ****, no matter what uniform he is wearing.

I'm sure Cutler would be the first one to say sorry for not being as classy as you and the people in this thread. You set the bar so high. It would have been much better if he said "Denver fans are classless, whinny, ****ing weeping p***ies, and are a bunch of moronic classless ****s."

Is this the kind of maturity and classiness you are expecting?

Atlas
08-06-2009, 02:32 PM
When did we become such babies that we have to cry every time a former player says something that we don't like?

I hope he breaks his ankle...WHAAAA!!!!!!

http://images.google.com/url?source=imgres&ct=img&q=http://www.moonbattery.com/archives/cry-baby-girl-face.jpg&usg=AFQjCNF-6zAxTDy9Nxx6UwbPePwxAVJ3Lg

TheElusiveKyleOrton
08-06-2009, 02:34 PM
I'm sure Cutler would be the first one to say sorry for not being as classy as you and the people in this thread. You set the bar so high. It would have been much better if he said "Denver fans are classless, whinny, ****ing weeping p***ies, and are a bunch of moronic classless ****s."

Is this the kind of maturity and classiness you are expecting?

At least the people in this thread had enough decency to admit that he's a good quarterback. He could admit that the people who supported him (and even the morons like you who STILL support him, rain or shine, whether he spits or cums on your face) were good fans. Bought his jersey. supported his ****ing foundation.

He didn't bother. No respect to the fans who supported him in his bitchfest with management. No support for the people who loved him while he was here. He'd rather stab us in the back.

WE didn't leave HIS team, dumb ****. Or are you too ****ing stupid to realize that?

KevinJames
08-06-2009, 02:39 PM
http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/4922/urlach.jpg

worm
08-06-2009, 02:40 PM
Overall, I would prolly rate the Mile High fans as a 9\10 and the Invesco fans as a 6.

Hercules Rockefeller
08-06-2009, 02:42 PM
I'm devastated by this. My self-esteem is predicated on what people think of the Broncos and its fans, all other things, like real life come in a distant second. Just like I'm hurt when fans of other teams make fun of the Broncos because of decisions that are made that I have no control over, it is a swift kick in the nuts that the former QB did not think I was a good enough fan for him to deem me worthy of his talent.

jhns
08-06-2009, 02:44 PM
At least the people in this thread had enough decency to admit that he's a good quarterback. He could admit that the people who supported him (and even the morons like you who STILL support him, rain or shine, whether he spits or cums on your face) were good fans. Bought his jersey. supported his ****ing foundation.

He didn't bother. No respect to the fans who supported him in his b****fest with management. No support for the people who loved him while he was here. He'd rather stab us in the back.

WE didn't leave HIS team, dumb ****. Or are you too ****ing stupid to realize that?

Again, I'm not real sure what you are expecting from him. He said denver fans are a 6 of 10 and you all attack him. You then all say FAR worse things about him and now even try acting that way toward me. If you expect others to grow up you may want to grow up yourelf first.

With the way you all talk about him, I would actually expect a lot worse than the fans are a 6 of 10. It ids pretty funny how offended you kids get.

He had 0 control over the situation. He didn't trade himself. You all turned on him in a second when the management here gave him away and hardly any denver fan has been respectful when his name is brought up. You then get mad because he isn't on your nuts? Good jokes.

521 1N5
08-06-2009, 02:45 PM
Overall, I would prolly rate the Mile High fans as a 9\10 and the Invesco fans as a 6.

This I agree with. Totally.

But he said the fans in Denver, not the game-day atmosphere.

TheDave
08-06-2009, 02:45 PM
Yep he's a douche

Granted, I liked him when he was our douche. Now... not so much.

footstepsfrom#27
08-06-2009, 02:46 PM
Maybe he's been reading the OM and heard all the nasty stuff spouted in here about him. That might influence a player's opinion on the fan base.

tsiguy96
08-06-2009, 02:47 PM
He had 0 control over the situation. He didn't trade himself. You all turned on him in a second when the management here gave him away and hardly any denver fan has been respectful when his name is brought up. You then get mad because he isn't on your nuts? Good jokes.

he had control over the situation, he didnt have to publicly ask for a trade, sit at home and not respond to anyone include the owner, coach and fellow players, until he got traded. he could have showed up and done his job after the trade talks happened, which he praised jason campbell for doing. he knows what he did was wrong yet did it anyway, didnt even have the balls to bring his playbook in, had his dad do it. you dont go on national media and tell them that its unfixable and you think trust cant be repaired or whatever. he had 100% control over the situation, and his actions ARE the reason he was traded. we turned on him because he turned his back on the team.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
08-06-2009, 02:54 PM
Again, I'm not real sure what you are expecting from him. He said denver fans are a 6 of 10 and you all attack him. You then all say FAR worse things about him and now even try acting that way toward me. If you expect others to grow up you may want to grow up yourelf first.

With the way you all talk about him, I would actually expect a lot worse than the fans are a 6 of 10. It ids pretty funny how offended you kids get.

He had ZERO control?? Are you kidding me?

He had 100% control! Not returning phone calls, then saying he "never wanted this" does not mean he didn't have control.

Simply because you don't want to believe that he could ever do something wrong, because you love the salty taste of his sack, doesn't mean it's true.

barryr
08-06-2009, 02:56 PM
Cutler is a jerk and that is becoming clearer and clearer and his fans are going to have a hard time defending the constant assinine comments that come out of his mouth so easily.

fido
08-06-2009, 02:58 PM
he could say nothing.

"denver's fans were great while i was there. It's a good football town. I'm happy to be in chicago, though."

not "i'm a douchebag. Not only did i beg my way out of town like a little girl with a skinned knee, i'm now going to insult the poor saps who did idiotic things like support me in arguments and buy my jersey. I'm such a dick!"

lol rofl!

bombay
08-06-2009, 02:59 PM
Just a stupid thing to say. Why alienate an entire city that did nothing but support you?

More and more, he appears to be the next Jeff George.

broncosteven
08-06-2009, 02:59 PM
you need to hear it! he came off a bigger d!ck then normal. he basically said Bears fans are better because thier TC can hold more fans.

I didn't hear the clip, yet anyway, but from what I hear the Fan max at Dove Valley was 1,600.

On 8/1/09, a Sunday, the Bears had 12,000, on Tuesday 8/4 they had just over 6,000.

I don't think that makes a fan base better or worse but there is a 10 time turnout by Bears fans.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
08-06-2009, 03:00 PM
I didn't hear the clip, yet anyway, but from what I hear the Fan max at Dove Valley was 1,600.

On 8/1/09, a Sunday, the Bears had 12,000, on Tuesday 8/4 they had just over 6,000.

I don't think that makes a fan base better or worse but there is a 10 time turnout by Bears fans.

All it means is the losers out there don't have jobs.

tsiguy96
08-06-2009, 03:02 PM

a fan base cant be judged by its size. some teams have history and tradition on their side more than others, like the bears and packers are 70-80 years old or more. considering the broncos have sold out every game for the last 30+ years, i dont think thats the problem with this team.

521 1N5
08-06-2009, 03:02 PM

That's because there is nothing to do...in...uh Chic.... Ah nevermind. haha

broncosteven
08-06-2009, 03:03 PM
All it means is the losers out there don't have jobs.

Sounds like you are jelous.

broncosteven
08-06-2009, 03:07 PM
a fan base cant be judged by its size. some teams have history and tradition on their side more than others, like the bears and packers are 70-80 years old or more. considering the broncos have sold out every game for the last 30+ years, i dont think thats the problem with this team.

I don't either, I am just stating facts.

It is fun to watch the reactionary kiddies her get their feelings hurt because they can't be bothered to run down the street and go to camp.

Bears camp is a good 80 minutes from Chicago, Dove Valley is in the suburbs of Denver.

It amazes me that more Denver locals are not reporting from camp, Socal and Buff and to fly in to do this, I am guessing Montrose is a local and I know Khan is but why aren't the rest of the locals out there and posting here?

tsiguy96
08-06-2009, 03:08 PM

It is fun to watch the reactionary kiddies her get their feelings hurt because they can't be bothered to run down the street and go to camp.

Bears camp is a good 80 minutes from Chicago, Dove Valley is in the suburbs of Denver.

It amazes me that more Denver locals are not reporting from camp, Socal and Buff and to fly in to do this, I am guessing Montrose is a local and I know Khan is but why aren't the rest of the locals out there and posting here?

no idea, i dont live in denver. dont really care too much about how many people attend training camp, i think thats a pretty silly way to judge a fan base myself.

broncosteven
08-06-2009, 03:16 PM
no idea, i dont live in denver. dont really care too much about how many people attend training camp, i think thats a pretty silly way to judge a fan base myself.

I agree, that is why I posted this:

"I don't think that makes a fan base better or worse but there is a 10 time turnout by Bears fans."

Just a fact.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
08-06-2009, 03:23 PM
Sounds like you are jelous.

Most certainly not. I was laid off for two months early this summer, and it sucked ass. Awful.

Irish Stout
08-06-2009, 03:25 PM

When I would go to camp in Greeley - a good 60 minutes or so from Denver - there was usually a huge turn out for the first week of camp. A lot of the kids were out of school would go. A lot of the older folks would show up in the afternoon/evening practices. It seemed to me that there were at times a few thousand people, but its hard to be sure now. Some other times later into camp, there were hardly any people there.

I haven't been to Dove Valley, I now live 4 hours away from Denver and can't afford to take the time off to just hop in a car for a day of training camp. But, I am under the impression that Dove Valley doesn't allow much more than the 1,600 fans that have been reported. If you look at the fan seating area at the camp pictures you will see that people are packed in on the grass between trees and bushes - not a lot more room. If you have your TC at a college campus and have scrimmages in the college stadium you'll be able to accomodate more people and more people will show up.

I think more than anything the turn out tonight at the stadium will give us a better idea of the fans who desire to show up. Its funny though, since winning a Super Bowl, I have, at times, felt that Broncos fans as a whole are more sated and a little less passionate about their team. I don't epect even 1 out of every 500 local fans who go to TC to write up reports, but I do get your point.

jhns
08-06-2009, 03:28 PM
he had control over the situation, he didnt have to publicly ask for a trade, sit at home and not respond to anyone include the owner, coach and fellow players, until he got traded. he could have showed up and done his job after the trade talks happened, which he praised jason campbell for doing. he knows what he did was wrong yet did it anyway, didnt even have the balls to bring his playbook in, had his dad do it. you dont go on national media and tell them that its unfixable and you think trust cant be repaired or whatever. he had 100% control over the situation, and his actions ARE the reason he was traded. we turned on him because he turned his back on the team.

He acted like a baby. He did something many players have done and what a couple of current Bronco players have done. I really hope you don't support those players.

He can't trade himself. He can't cut himself. He has no control over the situation. That was all the Broncos. What Cutler did was something that can make him look bad and it is something many other players have done. What the Broncos front office did is give away a very good young QB because they are being run by a kid that doesn't know how to deal with players. The team hurt the team, Cutler was only hurting himself. He stated several times, including after the trade request, that he was going to be here in the April camp. He even had his stuff on its way to Denver. If the front office wouldn't have acted like children, Jay Cutler would be the Denver Broncos QB right now.

According to the NFL rules and Cutlers contract, he had 0 control over the situation. This is 100% fact. The Broncos screwed up because they should have been the cool headed ones and forced him to come play. Shoot, they could have just waited the extra few weeks to see if he really showed up to camp like he said. That would have been before the draft and it would have given them more time to gather offers rather than take the first thing on the table. The only thing he even missed was a small workout camp that didn't even touch the playbook.

The front office are the ones that were not able to let it go and let cooler heads prevail. They continually pissed him off and then when he stopped trying to fix it (as in, after he had a couple meetings and it only got worse) the Broncos kept forcing the issue. When he didn't pick up the phone for a couple days, they traded him. This all could have been avoided if they would have let things cool down for a week or two rather than having this immature kid running the Broncos trying to push the immature QB.

cutthemdown
08-06-2009, 03:29 PM

Well many athletes would take the middle ground and play it close to the vest. You could say only good things about the bears fans, then politely refuse to say anything about Denver. He could say I don't want to talk about Denver etc.

But no he chooses to take jabs and for that he is the enemy.

So you are fine with Cutler expressing himself because breakup was messy, but you to tell Broncos fans who want to hate him to move on?

IMO thats like saying you expect the raiders to not want to beat us? why be so mean to them? they just want to beat us, move on!!!

Screw that this is football and if we want to talk about seeing Jay in a crumble of broken ligaments on the field that is what we will do.

By the way anyone who quoted this post as good is a p***Y!!!!! Yeah thats right you know you are.

jhns
08-06-2009, 03:29 PM

He had 100% control! Not returning phone calls, then saying he "never wanted this" does not mean he didn't have control.

Simply because you don't want to believe that he could ever do something wrong, because you love the salty taste of his sack, doesn't mean it's true.

Again, you think he needs to grow up? LOL..... What a joke.

He had 100% control? The NFL and his contract don't seem to agree with you.

Irish Stout
08-06-2009, 03:30 PM

"I don't think that makes a fan base better or worse but there is a 10 time turnout by Bears fans."

Just a fact.

Do you have any links to how many people at Bears camp?

Also, Metro Chicago has 10 million people. Metro Denver has like 2.8 million. So that makes it almost three times easier for more people to show up at TC in Chicago area.

broncosteven
08-06-2009, 03:35 PM
When I would go to camp in Greeley - a good 60 minutes or so from Denver - there was usually a huge turn out for the first week of camp. A lot of the kids were out of school would go. A lot of the older folks would show up in the afternoon/evening practices. It seemed to me that there were at times a few thousand people, but its hard to be sure now. Some other times later into camp, there were hardly any people there.

I haven't been to Dove Valley, I now live 4 hours away from Denver and can't afford to take the time off to just hop in a car for a day of training camp. But, I am under the impression that Dove Valley doesn't allow much more than the 1,600 fans that have been reported. If you look at the fan seating area at the camp pictures you will see that people are packed in on the grass between trees and bushes - not a lot more room. If you have your TC at a college campus and have scrimmages in the college stadium you'll be able to accomodate more people and more people will show up.

I think more than anything the turn out tonight at the stadium will give us a better idea of the fans who desire to show up. Its funny though, since winning a Super Bowl, I have, at times, felt that Broncos fans as a whole are more sated and a little less passionate about their team. I don't epect even 1 out of every 500 local fans who go to TC to write up reports, but I do get your point.

Nice post,

My in-laws live in Bourbonnais, I talked to them about going down for a day. I have back problems and was afraid I couldn't sit in the stands very long.

They said they are not using the stadium for practices, they have sideline grass seating, they didn't say anything about any bleachers setup so the Bears fans have to do bring their own chair.

If Broncos camp was 70 miles away I would be there bad back and all. Just not worth it for a Bears practice.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
08-06-2009, 03:35 PM
He stated several times, including after the trade request, that he was going to be here in the April camp. He even had his stuff on its way to Denver. If the front office wouldn't have acted like children, Jay Cutler would be the Denver Broncos QB right now.

If you believe that, I mean really, REALLY believe that, then you're dumber than I thought. Seriously.

You just believe every piece of **** that comes out of his mouth, don't you?

Now you're even convincing yourself that Broncos fans are a six out of 10. "Jay said it! It must be true!"

broncosteven
08-06-2009, 03:42 PM

Also, Metro Chicago has 10 million people. Metro Denver has like 2.8 million. So that makes it almost three times easier for more people to show up at TC in Chicago area.

I agree, again I am stating facts.

AM1000 and channel 2 news stated the 12,000 number on Monday. The In-laws gave me the 6k # yesterday.

I tried looking for a link but I couldn't find anything on turnout but I did find out they do have bleachers and stands set up.

Wait I found this:
http://www.dabears.com/forums/chicago-bears/24941-faithful-turn-out-camp-cutler-convenes.html

And this:
http://www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=310787
BOURBONNAIS - The faithful turned out in droves to see Jay Cutler in his first training camp practice as a Bear, and the new quarterback gave them what they wanted.

An estimated crowd of 6,000, one of the largest in the Bears' eight years at Olivet Nazarene University, gave Cutler a rousing welcome when he appeared on the practice field Friday afternoon.

Nothing on the 12k number form Sunday yet but I will look for you.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
08-06-2009, 03:45 PM
Again, you think he needs to grow up? LOL..... What a joke.

He had 100% control? The NFL and his contract don't seem to agree with you.

Yeah, 100% control. He returns a phone call, he doesn't get traded. HE FORCED HIS WAY OUT OF TOWN by cutting off communication. Oh, he said he had his stuff on its way to Denver, after he'd demanded a trade and wouldn't return a phone call? Neat! After he put his ****ing house on the market? ARE YOU SERIOUS? He wouldn't return a call, which is essentially a threat that he wouldn't show up. Yet your claim is, hey, even though he wouldn't pick up a phone, he would absolutely ship his stuff and travel across the country to talk to and be a part of this team.

Get a job, man.

He forced his way out of town. He was, in fact, directly responsible for the fact that he's no longer in a Bronco uniform. Period, end of discussion.

lex
08-06-2009, 03:46 PM

Just a fact.

And Chicago has 6 million people whereas Denver has around a million.

rastaman
08-06-2009, 03:48 PM
cutler is punk who will get his.

How do you kow Orton isn't a punk.....and has something coming back at him!!!!ROFL!

broncosteven
08-06-2009, 03:49 PM
And Chicago has 6 million people whereas Denver has around a million.

I agree, I am just stating the #'s I have heard.

Broncojef
08-06-2009, 03:51 PM
Hope you throw 30 picks and get run outta town Jay...I have Bear fan friends out at work and they are pissed with the deal. Don't froget jay grew up a Bear fan so no doubt he has some intrinsic bias even before getting traded to them.

rastaman
08-06-2009, 03:52 PM
Yeah, 100% control. He returns a phone call, he doesn't get traded. HE FORCED HIS WAY OUT OF TOWN by cutting off communication. Oh, he said he had his stuff on its way to Denver, after he'd demanded a trade and wouldn't return a phone call? Neat! After he put his ****ing house on the market? ARE YOU SERIOUS? He wouldn't return a call, which is essentially a threat that he wouldn't show up. Yet your claim is, hey, even though he wouldn't pick up a phone, he would absolutely ship his stuff and travel across the country to talk to and be a part of this team.

Get a job, man.

He forced his way out of town. He was, in fact, directly responsible for the fact that he's no longer in a Bronco uniform. Period, end of discussion.

SO WHAT.....Cutler didn't want to be a Bronco ANYMORE! Whats the big deal? You can't be SERIOUS either! Theres no law out there that says Cutler was mandated to RETIRE as a Bronco!!!

You need to get some serious medical help buddy.....b/c you're definitely not all at home upstairs.

Hulamau
08-06-2009, 03:53 PM

Am curious SoCal, would you rather Cutler has a good year and thus our draft pick is like 26 or so, or that he struggles in his transition year and then does better going forward in future years when his performance would have much less of a possible bearing on the Broncos, and we get the number 7 pick next year and perhaps land the top NT or whatever we need the most next year to help complete our team here?

TheElusiveKyleOrton
08-06-2009, 03:54 PM
SO WHAT.....Cutler didn't want to be a Bronco ANYMORE! Whats the big deal? You can't be SERIOUS either! Theres no law out there that says Cutler was mandated to RETIRE as a Bronco!!!

You need to get some serious medical help buddy.....b/c you're definitely not all at home upstairs.

Show me where I said that cutler was "mandated" to do anything. Go ahead. I'll wait.

While you're searching, try to find your brain. Check up your ass. It's probably still inside your head.

rastaman
08-06-2009, 03:54 PM
Hope you throw 30 picks and get run outta town Jay...I have Bear fan friends out at work and they are pissed with the deal. Don't froget jay grew up a Bear fan so no doubt he has some intrinsic bias even before getting traded to them.

So is it okay to wish the same for Orton? Or in your small world.....so long as you wear a Bronco uniform everthing is OKAY. Growup DUDE.

lex
08-06-2009, 03:56 PM
Am curious SoCal, would you rather Cutler has a good year and thus our draft pick is like 26 or so, or that he struggles in his transition year and then does better going forward in future years when his performance would have much less of a possible bearing on the Broncos, and we get the number 7 pick next year and perhaps land the top NT or whatever we need the most next year to help complete our team here?

What difference does it make? Its not like Pat can afford that pick.

2KBack
08-06-2009, 03:56 PM
So is it okay to wish the same for Orton? Or in your small world.....so long as you wear a Bronco uniform everthing is OKAY. Growup DUDE.

If you are a fan of another team it is perfectly acceptable to wish such things on Orton. What exactly has Orton done that might cause someone to wish him ill beyond the uniform he is wearing?

tsiguy96
08-06-2009, 03:57 PM

dude, this is a BRONCO forum. we cheer for the BRONCOS on this forum, not other teams or players on those teams that feel the need to insult the BRONCOS, or players who turn their back on the BRONCOS because their feelings got hurt. go cheer for the bears if you feel the need to wish cutler well, i hope he fails absolutely miserably so we get a good draft pick.

rastaman
08-06-2009, 03:58 PM

Here's my answer.....I hope Cutler returns to the Pro Bowl. The draft and the picks are all a crap shoot anyway. Bowlen is trying to save money and may not want to pay for an unproven player at number 7!!!:strong:

SonOfLe-loLang
08-06-2009, 04:01 PM
I hope Cutler breaks his arm. His right arm

lex
08-06-2009, 04:02 PM
dude, this is a BRONCO forum. we cheer for the BRONCOS on this forum, not other teams or players on those teams that feel the need to insult the BRONCOS, or players who turn their back on the BRONCOS because their feelings got hurt. go cheer for the bears if you feel the need to wish cutler well, i hope he fails absolutely miserably so we get a good draft pick.

Speak for yourself.

orange 4 life
08-06-2009, 04:02 PM

Is there ANYONE out there now (Bronco fan) BESIDES Taco that will defend this worthless piece of garbage?
As I've said before, our mistake wasn't trading him away. Hingsight is always 20/20 (though I saw it coming and had my (in)famous meltdown) but the mistake was CLEARLY drafting this classless punk in the first place. He has no heart, no leadership ability, and no class. Sure, he's got talent and a big arm. So did Jeff George.

I'm at the stadium every single week, and we were as loud as anyone.....or was Gay Cantler not paying attention in the home opener when he TRIED to give the game away and got a gift from game MVP from Mr. Ed?
That place was shaking, and it was shaking in the home FINALE also, right up until the (wo)man with no heart didn't get it done against an inferior Buffalo team.

No Gay, the FANS weren't the problem. YOU were the problem.
And for all those out there (you paying attention taco?) that wanna blame the defense, I AGREE WITH YOU!
That said, it doesn't change Gay's COMPLETE lack of leadership and heart, it doesn't change the fact that his best moment as a Bronco (the SD come from behind win) shouldn't have ever happened, and it doesn't change the simple FACT that if we hadn't moved up to GET this loser, we could've spent our picks and money to get the defensive help we needed following the AFC Championship (a game lost not by the QB but by the DEFENSE) debacle against Pittsburgh. Sure, Shanahan, Taco, and many others foolishly made Plummer (clearly our second best qb ever. Morton is a distant 3rd) the scapegoat, but fact is he should've been (and REALLY should be NOW) celebrated as a solid player and great leader. How ANYONE (INCLUDING Taco!!) can STILL think that move was the right one is beyond me.

F**k You Jay Cutler. I haven't wished injury on anyone since Ted Hendricks and company were ANNOUNCING their INTENT to injure, and I won't wish that on Gay, but I WILL watch him closely, and I will cheer loudly for every interception, and issue a hearty "told ya so" to Bears fans every time he walks off the field with that stoned heartless expression or berates a teammate on television (remember his treatment of Eddie Royal?).

I will watch him play, and I will hope every play is a sack or interception. Let's see how he rates the Chicago fans after they see his true colors. My guess is they won't be NEARLY as forgiving as we were.

So long, good riddance, and at this point I'm thrilled to have Kyle Orton over this gutless turd.

Jake

TheElusiveKyleOrton
08-06-2009, 04:04 PM
Speak for yourself.

Don't worry, lex. Nobody's ever confused you for a Broncos fan.

Kaylore
08-06-2009, 04:08 PM
I love people saying "what was he supposed to say?"

I'll tell you what, what every other player says. "(insert new team) has great fans, but (insert old team) has good fans too."

You don't go out of your way to pull down the fans where you've been.

Cutler's a prick.

rastaman

Dude.......Cutler doesn't have one official stat as a Bear, if he never plays another down of football, his stats will show he played for the Broncos! Also remember teams, owners, and fans turn their backs on players all the time....so what say you just b/c a player beat all of you to the PUNCH! Now look who's feelings are HURT!!!

Now having said that, as a fan I can cheer for the Broncos and chear for another team or player if I so choose. If you want to limit who you cheer for thats on you BUDDY.

Lastly, you can't expect the Cutler-McDaniel trade to go away in 2009! Its going to be front page news.....so stop being a coward about and embrace the fact that "It-Is-What-It-Is"!

McDaniel, Cutler, and Orton will all be under the microscope for the entire 2009 season. Sure getting a high draft pick is great....but the draft isn't an exact science and just b/c you draft a high pick doesn't mean you have struck GOLD. High draft picks become BUST and as an owner you've just wasted millions of dollars.

lex
Don't worry, lex. Nobody's ever confused you for a Broncos fan.

Im not worried. When you say 'nobody' I know youre talking about the mouth-breathing leghumpers. And yes, you are a nobody. So, fair enough.

DBroncos4life
08-06-2009, 04:10 PM

So he traded himself to the Bears. I got it now. Not returning phone calls = trading yourself. All this time I thought the owner got pissed and fired (traded Jay) Thank you for explaining to me that Jay controlled our FO.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
Actually, I'm talking about anyone who has knowledge of your postings on this forum. But whatever helps you sleep at night.

lex

I'll tell you what, what every other player says. "(insert new team) has great fans, but (insert old team) has good fans too."

Cutler's a prick.

This idea was already brought up and shot down.

lex
08-06-2009, 04:11 PM
Actually, I'm talking about anyone who has knowledge of your postings on this forum. But whatever helps you sleep at night.

Creative

Yawn

orange 4 life
08-06-2009, 04:12 PM

WOW!!

we're all entitled to our opinions, but I just don't understand any Bronco fan supporting this turd.

Hulamau
08-06-2009, 04:13 PM

theAPAOps5
08-06-2009, 04:14 PM
Eh the real story is why aren't they a 10. Bears fans should be pissed.

lex
08-06-2009, 04:15 PM

Obviously, the team doesnt care about that.

orange 4 life
08-06-2009, 04:16 PM
If jay is all of the things you guys are saying because he insulted you with this statement, what does that make all of you that are saying far worse about him? Hypocritical? Thin skinned? Babies? Immature? You pick.

how about "accurate"?

I'll go with that one.

tsiguy96
08-06-2009, 04:17 PM

Obviously, the team doesnt care about that.

wow, you truely are an idiot. can we ban him yet?

how did this ever, ever come to pats finances? its just a bunch of uninformed morons guessing that this whole offseason is based on finances, which is absolutely ridiculous.

lex
08-06-2009, 04:19 PM
wow, you truely are an idiot. can we ban him yet?

how did this ever, ever come to pats finances? its just a bunch of uninformed morons guessing that this whole offseason is based on finances, which is absolutely ridiculous.

When you call someone an idiot, you might want to make sure you have your own **** together.

orange 4 life
08-06-2009, 04:20 PM
LOL

You guys actually think athletes care about you even when on the team you support? That may be true of about .2 percent of them. I think a lot of people here need a reality check.

Ya, I think most of them DO care, because they know it's US that pay their checks, US that cheer for them, and US that give them the homefield advantage. You think the teams home vs. road winning percentage is a coincidence?
Nope, and neither do most athletes. They know how valuable we are.

orange 4 life
08-06-2009, 04:24 PM
http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/4922/urlach.jpg

This is too good not to bump.

orange 4 life
08-06-2009, 04:29 PM

Are you a season ticket holder?

I'm not attemption to be confrontational, but I think you're WAY off base.
At the old stadium, we were a ten....PERIOD.

We've been shuffled around, and it's taken time to get things back on track, but MOST of the fans (nearly EVERYONE in my section) are EVERY bit as loud and rabid as we were in the old stadium. It may not always translate on television (and I'm not sure why that is), but we're still some of the best in football.
We were THE loudest fans before, and while that can't be said anymore (again, alot of it is the stadium itself and the translation to television) we're still pretty close. We were a ten then, and a nine now.....and we'll be a ten again soon enough. Not THAT differen't. Just my .02.

Jake

tsiguy96
08-06-2009, 04:31 PM

We've been shuffled around, and it's taken time to get things back on track, but MOST of the fans (nearly EVERYONE in my section) are EVERY bit as loud and rabid as we were in the old stadium. It may not always translate on television (and I'm not sure why that is), but we're still some of the best in football.
We were THE loudest fans before, and while that can't be said anymore (again, alot of it is the stadium itself and the translation to television) we're still pretty close. We were a ten then, and a nine now.....and we'll be a ten again soon enough. Not THAT differen't. Just my .02.

Jake

im quite positive its the stadium alone, there may be less hardcore fans (more wine and cheese) but overall, i think the experience is still great. the stadium has such an effect on how loud it is there its crazy, you may be 5-8 decibels lower or higher from stadium to stadium.

broncofan2438
08-06-2009, 04:31 PM

Jake

Where do you sit?

jhns
08-06-2009, 04:33 PM

Get a job, man.

Not one part of that is even close to being true. He can't force his way out of town unless he is on a team that doesn't know how to deal with players. Period, end of discussion.

orange 4 life
08-06-2009, 04:36 PM

Personally, I dont give a rip how many show up for training camp. Their population is ten times the size of ours, yet we've sold out every game since the mid SEVENTIES. They, on the other hand, have not.
We have the best fans in football. Heck, we had three quarters of a MILLION people at the '97/'98 parade, which represented almost the ENTIRE population of Denver, and about 20% of the STATE'S population. FAR MORE than ANY other parade for ANY other team.

jhns
08-06-2009, 04:36 PM
If you believe that, I mean really, REALLY believe that, then you're dumber than I thought. Seriously.

You just believe every piece of **** that comes out of his mouth, don't you?

Now you're even convincing yourself that Broncos fans are a six out of 10. "Jay said it! It must be true!"

You are less than a 6 out of 10.

Hercules Rockefeller
08-06-2009, 04:42 PM
I'm at the stadium every single week, and we were as loud as anyone.....or was Gay Cantler not paying attention in the home opener when he TRIED to give the game away and got a gift from game MVP from Mr. Ed?
That place was shaking, and it was shaking in the home FINALE also, right up until the (wo)man with no heart didn't get it done against an inferior Buffalo team.

That's not possible. I'm told by the media, who watch the games in an enclosed press box, and those on this board who do not attend games, that the stadium is not as loud as it was at Mile High. Your own first hand experiences from attending games, to go along with my own, simply do not add up when compared to the claims of others.

orange 4 life
08-06-2009, 04:43 PM
Where do you sit?

538, row 24, seats 14 and 15. Up there in the nosebleeds (they offered an "upgrade", but it woulda meant leaving the people we're now attached to, AND more importantly it woulda put us lower but at a worse angle) where we can't see the players faces or hear what's said, but we CAN at ALL times see EVERY player on the field. Personally, I love it up there, because it's a bird's eye view of the game, and you get an ENTIRELY differen't perspective than on television. You can really see who's open, who's not, who's missing assignments, etc.

You?

orange 4 life
08-06-2009, 04:46 PM
That's not possible. I'm told by the media, who watch the games in an enclosed press box, and those on this board who do not attend games, that the stadium is not as loud as it was at Mile High. Your own first hand experiences from attending games, to go along with my own, simply do not add up when compared to the claims of others.

Hilarious!!

Ya, It's VERY interesting that the people claiming it's not as loud as it used to be are generally the one's sitting indoors or watching at home.
Again, it doesn't translate to television as well as Old Mile High (probably because of the positioning of the camera's, mic's, press box, etc.) but it ABSOLUTELY is as loud on MANY occasions.
That SD game was as loud as any I saw at Old Mile High.

hookemhess
08-06-2009, 05:58 PM
He should have answered like a true professional [Orton] saying both cities are great. No reason to go out of his way to be a d-bag.

Also, rastaman, this is a Broncos forum... and what is immature about rooting against other players/teams? It's part of the enjoyment sports brings. Get off your high horse. It's a game.

oubronco
08-06-2009, 06:00 PM

this this please :approve:

rastaman
08-06-2009, 06:11 PM
If you are a fan of another team it is perfectly acceptable to wish such things on Orton. What exactly has Orton done that might cause someone to wish him ill beyond the uniform he is wearing?

I'll ask you the same question what has Cutler done to the Broncos let alone the fans to engender so much HATE! All he did was seek a knew venue to play in. McDaniels felt Cutler maynot be the exact fit for his system and Cutler felt....well it was time to move on.

Its not like Cutler bitched and moaned and demanded to be traded just as soon as Shanahan was fired! Mcd and Cutler both felt they weren't good for each other. Why can't fans come to terms with this fact????:peace:

DarkHorse30
08-06-2009, 06:12 PM
Cutler apologists are funny. First, he quits on them....so they blame it on the new coach.

Then, he disses them....but they continue to bend over and grab their ankles. Buncha masochists.

gyldenlove
08-06-2009, 06:20 PM
People who think Denver fans are amazing are funny.

I don't think I have ever met a fangroup that turns on their own players as easily as Broncos fans.

Denver may have the best fairweather fans in the world, when things go well there is no end to the love, but as soon as things get a little sour it becomes a dog-fight.

rastaman
08-06-2009, 06:27 PM
He should have answered like a true professional [Orton] saying both cities are great. No reason to go out of his way to be a d-bag.

Also, rastaman, this is a Broncos forum... and what is immature about rooting against other players/teams? It's part of the enjoyment sports brings. Get off your high horse. It's a game.

I know its a Bronco Forum and I enjoy the hell out of it. Not all Bronco fans are robotic monolithic fans. Its not like Cutler was traded to a team in the AFC west. I think thats far enough away to root for both the Broncos and the Bears. I'll root for Cutler while allowing for Orton to prove he isn't a stop gap-journeyman QB. The Bears thought enough about Orton not to sign him to a long term deal....so what does that say about his talent. Lastly, Orton said what he said b/c the fans in both cities have not started threads on how much they hate him. Whereas, when it comes to Cutler, that wasn't his experience with the Denver fans, so perhaps Cutler believes there are some fans in Denver who are D-bags as well. It goes both ways.

broncofan7
08-06-2009, 06:28 PM
If you are a Bronco fan and he is not part of your fantasy team--you have no legitimate reason to root for Jay Cutler this season.

1) Our 1st round pick is tied directly to his team's play --and being a QB-he will be instrumental in determining his team's success or failures.
2) He ****s on us in an interview. Again.

I was a fanboy--now that the off season is over and we have our boys cracking pads--it's all about the REAL orange & blue. And if any douche bags show up @ Invesco sporting Bronco Cutler jerseys---you really are a 'widow'.

If anyone wants to re-create the mock funeral of TO that Philly fans did in 2005 for Jay Cutler --I will gladly donate 3 jerseys.........

rastaman
08-06-2009, 06:29 PM

I don't think I have ever met a fangroup that turns on their own players as easily as Broncos fans.

Denver may have the best fairweather fans in the world, when things go well there is no end to the love, but as soon as things get a little sour it becomes a dog-fight.

Touche! we got fans in Denver who start hating on players just b/c they're trying to negotiate their contracts. Thats pretty lame.

DarkHorse30
08-06-2009, 06:29 PM

Cutler is not a Bronco.....so it isn't turning on your own, is it? He'll get booed at Invesco because he earned it, not because the fans are "a little sour".

rastaman
08-06-2009, 06:31 PM
If you are a Bronco fan and he is not part of your fantasy team--you have no legitimate reason to root for Jay Cutler this season.

1) Our 1st round pick is tied directly to his team's play --and being a QB-he will be instrumental in determining his team's success or failures.
2) He ****s on us in an interview. Again.

I was a fanboy--now that the off season is over and we have our boys cracking pads--it's all about the REAL orange & blue. And if any douche bags show up @ Invesco sporting Bronco Cutler jerseys---you really are a 'widow'.

If anyone wants to re-create the mock funeral of TO that Philly fans did in 2005 for Jay Cutler --I will gladly donate 3 jerseys.........

Get a grip Dude.......you don't have cart blanche to decide who's a fan and who isn't!! After all we aren't communist......are we???

lex
08-06-2009, 06:32 PM
Again, does anyone know what Elway will be handing out for Halloween candy?

broncofan7
08-06-2009, 06:37 PM
Get a grip Dude.......you don't have cart blanche to decide who's a fan and who isn't!! After all we aren't communist......are we???

Do you ever visit our War, religion & politics forum? I thought we were........

broncofan7
08-06-2009, 06:39 PM

To be clear--- you are going to root FOR Jay Cutler this season knowing full well that his and his team's play is directly tied to an asset held by OUR favorite team?

And the mock funeral is a BAD-ASS idea.

tsiguy96
08-06-2009, 06:39 PM
To be clear--- you are going to root FOR Jay Cutler this season knowing full well that his and his team's play is directly tied to an asset held by OUR favorite team?

i dont understand it either. his reasoning is that 1st round picks are a crapshoot, and thus it doesnt matter what position you have. imagine that.

rastaman
08-06-2009, 06:42 PM
Cutler apologists are funny. First, he quits on them....so they blame it on the new coach.

Then, he disses them....but they continue to bend over and grab their ankles. Buncha masochists.

Again, please explain why all Bronco fans should be robotic-gullible monolithic fans? You do have fans who believe otherwise and still believe they are fans. You don't have to be hardcore fans to enjoy Bronco football. If I believe Bowlen is screwing up or may have lost his edge then so be it. However, Bowlen and McDaniel's are not the reason you have Bronco fans! Neither are out on the field performing and taking risk. Its the players that make the NFL the billion dollar industry we see today. I'm not a fan of the owners and coaches per say. I'm a fan of the players.

broncofan7
08-06-2009, 06:50 PM
Again, please explain why all Bronco fans should be robotic-gullible monolithic fans? You do have fans who believe otherwise and still believe they are fans. You don't have to be hardcore fans to enjoy Bronco football. If I believe Bowlen is screwing up or may have lost his edge then so be it. However, Bowlen and McDaniel's are not the reason you have Bronco fans! Neither are out on the field performing and taking risk. Its the players that make the NFL the billion dollar industry we see today. I'm not a fan of the owners and coaches per say. I'm a fan of the players.

I do not like any players on the Chargers, Raiders or Chiefs--I avoid them if I can in fantasy -(okay, there was this one time, in 2005 I had the 1st overall pick and LT was my choice--but I curled up into the fetal position and cried for days afterwards--but I digress)--I liked Dawkins and Westbrook and Philly is my second favorite team--but even when they were playing for PHILLY and against Denver on the field (10/05)--I couldn't root for them--in fact I rooted against them--every regular season game Cutler plays this year is essentially a game against our draft position---to view it any other way is mind boggling.....

rastaman
08-06-2009, 06:55 PM

I'm not going to hate on Cutler and wish him ill will just my Broncos can play roulette with drafting an un-known hi draft pick whose only guarantee is the owner is going to shell out 10's of millions for an unproven talent. And you know its true, just look at some of the teams over the last 3-5 years who drafted top 5 player in the draft and they don't pan out.

Simply put, top 5 draft picks are not guaranteed to be pro bowl, HOF, or SB MVP's.

tsiguy96
08-06-2009, 06:56 PM
I'm not going to hate on Cutler and wish him ill will just my Broncos can play roulette with drafting an un-known hi draft pick whose only guarantee is the owner is going to shell out 10's of millions for an unproven talent. And you know its true, just look at some of the teams over the last 3-5 years who drafted top 5 player in the draft and they don't pan out.

Simply put, top 5 draft picks are not guaranteed to be pro bowl, HOF, or SB MVP's.

ok, then root against cutler for turning his back on the team and dishing out on fans multiple times this offseason ;)

rastaman
08-06-2009, 06:56 PM
I do not like any players on the Chargers, Raiders or Chiefs--I avoid them if I can in fantasy -(okay, there was this one time, in 2005 I had the 1st overall pick and LT was my choice--but I curled up into the fetal position and cried for days afterwards--but I digress)--I liked Dawkins and Westbrook and Philly is my second favorite team--but even when they were playing for PHILLY and against Denver on the field (10/05)--I couldn't root for them--in fact I rooted against them--every regular season game Cutler plays this year is essentially a game against our draft position---to view it any other way is mind boggling.....

Well more power to you. You must go with what you believe....I can respect that.

broncofan7
08-06-2009, 06:58 PM

And if we feel that no college player next year happens to be worth that top 5 selection--you can be sure that another team will think that there is someone who is worthy--and we could move that top 5 selection for more picks or a player and picks---the pick holds VALUE. Hence you should not be rooting for the BEARS/CUTLER AT ALL THIS YEAR. in 2010--go ahead and put on your bears cheerleading outfit--just don't share the pics with us.......

rastaman
08-06-2009, 07:13 PM
ok, then root against cutler for turning his back on the team and dishing out on fans multiple times this offseason ;)

Cutler was only dissing out on the unruly fans. In fact Cutler respects and appreciate the Bronco fans who understood his predictiment. He wasn't dissing ALL FANS. I'll be rooting for both the Broncos and for Cutler to all have success in 2009.

Now to show my selfish side.....I wouldn't mind the Bears missing the playoffs and winning around 5 or 6 games which would be the 4th consecutive loosing season and without postseason appearances. This scenario could usher in the firing of Lovee Smith and Shanahan being offered the HCing job to reunite with Cutler! Could it happen? Well just never-say-never. Its only fitting that Cutler and Shanny be allowed finish what they started.

See this way, for all the hi draft pick believers will get their wish should the Bears 09 season end with winning only 5 or 6 wins.

So if Cutler puts up great stats to return to the Pro Bowl and Shanahan is hired for the 2010 season.....I'd be really happy.

Popps
08-06-2009, 07:18 PM
Cutler was only dissing out on the unruly fans. In fact Cutler respects and appreciate the Bronco fans who understood his predictiment. He wasn't dissing ALL FANS. I'll be rooting for both the Broncos and for Cutler to all have success in 2009.

Now to show my selfish side.....I wouldn't mind the Bears missing the playoffs and winning around 5 or 6 games which would be the 4th consecutive loosing season and without postseason appearances. This scenario could usher in the firing of Lovee Smith and Shanahan being offered the HCing job to reunite with Cutler! Could it happen? Well just never-say-never. Its only fitting that Cutler and Shanny be allowed finish what they started..

Go **** yourself.

rastaman
08-06-2009, 07:21 PM
And if we feel that no college player next year happens to be worth that top 5 selection--you can be sure that another team will think that there is someone who is worthy--and we could move that top 5 selection for more picks or a player and picks---the pick holds VALUE. Hence you should not be rooting for the BEARS/CUTLER AT ALL THIS YEAR. in 2010--go ahead and put on your bears cheerleading outfit--just don't share the pics with us.......

Okay, I agree to disagree with ya!:sunshine: But remember, a fan wishing how they hope a season turns out....really plays no role nor impact in how the season turns out. If its meant to be then its meant to be......plain and simple. Lets be grown ups here, you can't blame "Rastaman" should the Bears and Cutler win 11-12 games, thus knocking out the Broncos from their hi draft pick to select another Franchise Qb to replace Orton. Thats just how the cards play out.

rastaman
08-06-2009, 07:22 PM
Go **** yourself.

Come on Puppy.....ya gotta grow up someday. :peace:

Popps
08-06-2009, 07:47 PM
Come on Puppy.....ya gotta grow up someday. :peace:

Dude, why would hardcore Broncos fans want to listen to you gush all day about your man-crush on Cutler?

Honestly, it's all you do here. Why not just go to a Bears board where you fit in?

Los Broncos
08-06-2009, 08:34 PM
Does anyone really care about him anymore?

He doesn't like Denver, so I don't care, get the hell over it.

theAPAOps5
08-06-2009, 08:37 PM

Dude I mean this with zero ill will but you live in Denmark right? So your only opinion of Broncos fans is through Orange Mane. Which is just a sliver of the Broncos population.

They are extremely loyal to those who deserve it and they smell and call out a rat when they see it. Cutler falls into the second category.

Wes Mantooth
08-06-2009, 11:19 PM
Man, I wish Romanowski was still playin. He would take care of this kind of crap.

Dudeskey
08-06-2009, 11:45 PM
Does anyone really care about him anymore?

He doesn't like Denver, so I don't care, get the hell over it.

Another poster here said it best: Cutler's dead to me...

Blueflame
08-07-2009, 12:00 AM
Another poster here said it best: Cutler's dead to me...

He obviously still matters to some Broncos fans 'cause we have like 5 threads on Page One with his name in the title...

worm
08-07-2009, 12:06 AM
He obviously still matters to some Broncos fans 'cause we have like 5 threads on Page One with his name in the title...

I think if we talk about it a little more...ONE side or another will reach an epiphany and see the errors of their way....then we will all live happily ever after.

bpc
08-07-2009, 12:56 AM
Can't defend Jay over this ****.

Blueflame
08-07-2009, 01:12 AM
I think if we talk about it a little more...ONE side or another will reach an epiphany and see the errors of their way....then we will all live happily ever after.

:spit: Ha! LOL ROFL!

Hulamau
08-07-2009, 01:18 AM

Another 'brilliant' stroke of free association from our resident master of deduction ..... :spit:

Jagrego
08-07-2009, 01:33 AM
Eh the real story is why aren't they a 10. Bears fans should be pissed.

BOOM! You got it!

Meck77
08-07-2009, 03:06 AM

Don't confuse some of these whiners with season ticket holders or fans that actually go to the games.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
08-07-2009, 07:03 AM
When you call someone an idiot, you might want to make sure you have your own **** together.

DUHNUHNUHNUHNUHNUHNUHNUH GRAMMAR SMACK!

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t66/JPWheless/grammar-nazi.jpg

broncofan7
08-07-2009, 07:12 AM

LOL--that WAS GREATNESS! (you still suck though)

TheElusiveKyleOrton
08-07-2009, 07:22 AM
LOL--that WAS GREATNESS! (you still suck though)

Well then, rep me you yutz. :~ohyah!:

colonelbeef
08-07-2009, 07:53 AM

lol exactly, stop acting like the dumped ex girlfriend, om

lex
08-07-2009, 08:08 AM

If that were the case, Id confront people more than that. But if you call someone an idiot, you better have your (or shall I say, "you're") **** right.

rastaman
08-07-2009, 08:09 AM
I don't disagree entirely with your post, but Jay Cutler was hardly strong-armed out of town. Did the FO/McDaniels make a mistake with how the how situation got started? Yep, I don't deny that. But who was the one that wouldn't return the calls of the owner, players and others?

Screw the phone calls....why not just get in the car and drive over to Cutlers house and have a face-to-face meeting or sit down. After all, you can't look into the persons eyes who made have lied to you initially over the phone can you!!!

Jay Cutler. The guy wanted out, and its not all that unrealistic to say he might have wanted out after Shanahan got fired. Just like the Cutler haters need to stop blaming the whole thing on him, the FO and McDaniels haters need to stop blaming the whole thing on them.

Sure Cutler was upset with the firing of Shanny. However, wasn't Cutler up beat with wanting to learn McD's play book! Wasn't he showing a positive outlook on getting to learn McD's system? Then what happened.....McD took calls and entertained the possibility of trading Cutler, and instead of coming clean about it, McD tried to lie and Cutler knew it. So if you can't trust a liar why return his phone calls.

Both sides screwed up bad, and don't blame me that since he's in Chicago I don't like him anymore. Why would I? He isn't on our team, and he hardly left in a respectful manner.

Both sides just felt like they were no longer a good fit for one another and it time to move on. Cutler left in a respectful manner. And both Bowlen and McDaniels moved on in a respectful manner..

Pseudofool
08-07-2009, 08:25 AM
This story is all over First Take this morning (Cutler's the topic on 4th down). I really hope Stink is on NFL Live today; I imagine he's going to be livid.

DBroncos4life
08-07-2009, 08:28 AM
Has he been booed in practice yet?

Pseudofool
08-07-2009, 08:34 AM
Has he been booed in practice yet?

Ulracher picked him off twice yesterday; so the crowd cheered.

SportinOne
08-07-2009, 12:58 PM
Ha, so i finally ACTUALLY LISTENED to the interview and I do believe you are all blowing it WAY out of proportion. First of all, the question wasn't, "How do you rate Chicago fans. vs. Denver fans?" It was, "What is this training camp like compared to Denver's in terms of fan turn out/intensity?" (I know that's not what he asked, but taking the conversation into account this is what the question amounted to and this is the question that Cutler answered).

He is saying that there were way more Bears fans at this training camp than Bronco fans at training camp, and that they are more into it. That is all..

This is a non-story.

orange 4 life
08-07-2009, 01:01 PM

Bull****.

We have the best fans in football and always have.
Turning on players isn't an indication of OUR fans as much as an indication of the age we live in. It's the MTV generation and the ADD generation that hail Jake Plummer as the next John Elway (blasphemy!!) when he arrives and thrash him a few years later following a 13-3 season that ended as a result of the defense.

Anyway, you think that DOESN'T happen in other cities? It happens, and it happens MUCH more regularly.
Here in Denver, we have a long and storied history of sticking with our players through think and thin, and despite the ADD generation we're STILL the best fans around.

orange 4 life
08-07-2009, 01:06 PM

Really?

Personally, I'm a fan of the TEAM, and the players ON the team, and the players that retired a Bronco and wanted to be a part of the team.

I am NOT however, a fan of a former player who left because he WANTED to leave and then insults us after the fact...but that's just me.

gyldenlove
08-07-2009, 01:16 PM
Bull****.

We have the best fans in football and always have.
Turning on players isn't an indication of OUR fans as much as an indication of the age we live in. It's the MTV generation and the ADD generation that hail Jake Plummer as the next John Elway (blasphemy!!) when he arrives and thrash him a few years later following a 13-3 season that ended as a result of the defense.

Anyway, you think that DOESN'T happen in other cities? It happens, and it happens MUCH more regularly.
Here in Denver, we have a long and storied history of sticking with our players through think and thin, and despite the ADD generation we're STILL the best fans around.

Tell that to Jake Plummer, Jay Cutler, Dre Bly, Brandon Marshall, the entire 2007 draft class who have all recently been targeted viciously by a large number of Broncos fans while they were still Broncos players.

Fact is that a large number of Denver fans have doen these things, trying to argue they are not Denver fans or that it is because of MTV is just silly.

orange 4 life
08-07-2009, 01:26 PM
Is it?

Again, notice ALL these guys are RECENT players?

You don't think that has something to do with YOUNG fans?

You don't think that happens in other towns?

We live in a differen't time than we did in '77, '86-'89, or even '97 and '98.

The way Plummer was treated is a crying shame, but remember, our coach led the way in making him the scapegoat.

Grumps
08-07-2009, 01:36 PM
Tell that to Jake Plummer, Jay Cutler, Dre Bly, Brandon Marshall, the entire 2007 draft class who have all recently been targeted viciously by a large number of Broncos fans while they were still Broncos players.

Fact is that a large number of Denver fans have doen these things, trying to argue they are not Denver fans or that it is because of MTV is just silly.

It's not just Denver fans. Go to any other team board and you will likely see similar comments.

theAPAOps5
08-07-2009, 01:54 PM
Ha, so i finally ACTUALLY LISTENED to the interview and I do believe you are all blowing it WAY out of proportion. First of all, the question wasn't, "How do you rate Chicago fans. vs. Denver fans?" It was, "What is this training camp like compared to Denver's in terms of fan turn out/intensity?" (I know that's not what he asked, but taking the conversation into account this is what the question amounted to and this is the question that Cutler answered).

He is saying that there were way more Bears fans at this training camp than Bronco fans at training camp, and that they are more into it. That is all..

This is a non-story.

I agree actually! He said before the infamous 6 and 9 statement that more fans can come to camp in Chicago and at Dove Valley it just wasn't possible to have that many.

Is he a douche, yep. But this story really wasn't anything riot invoking. And I despise that guy!

I still contend that Chicago fans should be pissed. Why only a 9? :wiggle:

bombay
08-07-2009, 07:05 PM

Cutler's a prick.

Yeah. Idiotic and unnecesary remark. At least he lives in a ****hole like chicago now. Bad weather, grim and nasty people, and some of the worst traffic in the country. He should feel right at home.

Orange_Beard
08-08-2009, 09:08 AM
Really, what the hell do you expect him to say?

Chicago sucks?

Notice he still has a house in Denver. What does that say?