PDA

View Full Version : Buckhalter shows some power

HEAV
08-06-2009, 10:57 AM
by Jeff Legwold on August 5, 2009 2 Comments

The Broncos have plenty of running backs in camp these days divding up the carries and rookie Knowshon Moreno isnít even signed yet.

But Correll Buckhalter, the oldest of the teamís running back candidates ó heíll turn 31 in October ó showed some quality pop in a goal-line period Wednesday.

In what is always one of the better practice periods in any training camp, the Broncos put the ball on the 1-yard line Wednesday evening to see who would win the short-yardage battles.

The defense won some, the offense won some, but Buckhalter put the ball in the endzone three times. And in what will be a rotation system for the most part in the backfield in the coming season it was the kind of performance that can help a guy carve out a role for himself.

DBroncos4life
08-06-2009, 11:01 AM
Buck is the man. I wish he never got hurt otherwise he would have went on to have a career like A Green's.

s0phr0syne
08-06-2009, 11:03 AM
I wonder what the thinking was behind not having Hillis take any carries at the goalline during that drill?

2KBack
08-06-2009, 11:05 AM
I wonder what the thinking was behind not having Hillis take any carries at the goalline during that drill?

they wanted the defense to have a fighting chance

cutthemdown
08-06-2009, 12:37 PM

IMO big guys like Hillis who take a bit to get going sometimes aren't as good as a smaller back who can change direction faster, and get to the LOS quicker.

SoDak Bronco
08-06-2009, 12:40 PM
Knowshon = td's

DBroncos4life
08-06-2009, 12:42 PM
Knowshon = holdout

fixed

SonOfLe-loLang
08-06-2009, 12:46 PM
IMO big guys like Hillis who take a bit to get going sometimes aren't as good as a smaller back who can change direction faster, and get to the LOS quicker.

yeah, look no further than marcus allen

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
08-06-2009, 12:48 PM

Hillis was a touchdown machine last year......when he was healthy, that is.

supermanhr9
08-06-2009, 12:55 PM
It's no fair to a re-building defense to put the most destructive backs of all time in on goal line formation. We gotta build up their confidence a little bit ya know? By the end of camp I say let Hillis run wild at goaline, unfortunately it won't be much of a practice, more like an avalanche of dominance byt the HIllis.