PDA

View Full Version : So whats the deal with BMarsh?

Irish Stout
08-06-2009, 08:22 AM
Not to be repetitive or anything, but I haven't heard anything about BMarsh lately, other than he has been held out of practice the past several days. Any ideas as to why?

bfoflcommish
08-06-2009, 08:24 AM
am 1510 said this morning injured may not see untl after first preseason game

Irish Stout
08-06-2009, 08:30 AM
am 1510 said this morning injured may not see untl after first preseason game

Well he'd miss the first preseason game anyway for his trial. I scoured the interwebs and it looks to me that his hip or hamstring is bugging him, that he has done light running, but nothing else. Well... I think the good news is that BMarsh is going to have to realize that his trade value is very minimal while he is injured and so he's not likely going anywhere. In the meantime I hope he and McD can play nice.

TailgateNut
08-06-2009, 08:30 AM
His pulled his mangina!

montrose
08-06-2009, 08:35 AM
He looked great the 1st practice. I don't think the hip is nearly as far along as he's letting on.

Black59Razor
08-06-2009, 08:44 AM
I think it's clear he is simply not healthy enough to play.

We need him in the regular season, assuming he is not traded.

UberBroncoMan
08-06-2009, 08:47 AM
His ego is bruised.

I honestly believe he's over-exaggerating whatever injury he has.

Think of it as a cleaver way of showing up to training camp and then not participating all the while avoiding the fine had he not shown up.

I honestly expected something like this.

Irish Stout
08-06-2009, 08:47 AM
I think it's clear he is simply not healthy enough to play.

We need him in the regular season, assuming he is not traded.

I think its clear that he's not goign to be traded unless their is equal value for him. While he is not practicing because of injury and waiting for the results of a trial that could get him suspended again, nobody is going to offer anything near equal value for him.

cutthemdown
08-06-2009, 08:54 AM
he's friggin doggin it. It's so obvious because he's like a little spoiled brat who thinks he is smarter then his parents. Don't ever pay this guy. Use him up this yr then tag and trade.

Kaylore
08-06-2009, 09:04 AM
He's not dogging it. He's had hip surgery and that usually takes a year to recover from. Vic Lombardi on CBS 4 mentioned that a doctor he spoke to said that a 6 month recovery time from hip surgery is "a pipe dream".

Beantown Bronco
08-06-2009, 09:04 AM
His ego is bruised.

Think of it as a cleaver way of showing up to training camp and then not participating all the while avoiding the fine had he not shown up.

He must have the same agent as Jarvis Moss.

TailgateNut
08-06-2009, 09:13 AM
He's not dogging it. He's had hip surgery and that usually takes a year to recover from. Vic Lombardi on CBS 4 mentioned that a doctor he spoke to said that a 6 month recovery time from hip surgery is "a pipe dream".

..and there's no guarantee he'll be back to 100% of his former self. ...and this douche want to negotiate a new contract with more mooolah. ....then factor in the legal issue/ court date and his guaranteed value is reduced even more.

cmhargrove
08-06-2009, 09:22 AM

Don't we have some evidence that Brandon heals more quickly than expected?

SonOfLe-loLang
08-06-2009, 09:25 AM
I don't think he's dogging it because he's there working out anyway. Im sure he'd rather be playing football than in the gym and trainers room all day. He just had hip surgery a few months ago, hes not fully recovered.

Gcver2ver3
08-06-2009, 09:32 AM
maybe we're holding him outta practice to prove a point, i don't know...

i keep hearing it's a coach's decision to keep him from practicing...

he says he deserves a new contract...maybe the broncos are trying to send a message that he's not even healthy enough to be offered a big contract right now...maybe the medical staff that he publicly dissed are advising he not play to prove that the hip surgery he decided to have without their approval hasn't gotten him where he needs to be yet...

or maybe the medical staff is being extra cautious with Marsh due to him accusing them of being negligent last year...

who knows...

Dr. Broncenstein
08-06-2009, 09:34 AM
He's a constant distraction, and isn't a part of the long term plans... except for draft pick compensation via restricted free agency next year.

gyldenlove
08-06-2009, 09:36 AM
I like all these people who keep thinking he is playing it up. This is a guy who played an entire season with a hip injury that required extensive surgery, I think we can lay to rest any notion of him dogging it.

I find it sort of ironic that people are more than willing to be hostile to a player who very literally suffered pain and discomfort to play for our team for an entire year while people are perfectly happy accepting that a couple of players we invested high draft picks in just sit at home and jerk off.

cutthemdown
08-06-2009, 09:37 AM

Ok I can believe this also. But then Marshall a liar because he said he was ok I thought while working out with Fitz?

If what you say is true then we should not sign him either though right? Why give big money to someone who is injured? Better to low ball him after he has a crappy yr because of it.

cutthemdown
08-06-2009, 09:39 AM
maybe we're holding him outta practice to prove a point, i don't know...

i keep hearing it's a coach's decision to keep him from practicing...

he says he deserves a new contract...maybe the broncos are trying to send a message that he's not even healthy enough to be offered a big contract right now...maybe the medical staff that he publicly dissed are advising he not play to prove that the hip surgery he decided to have without their approval hasn't gotten him where he needs to be yet...

or maybe the medical staff is being extra cautious with Marsh due to him accusing them of being negligent last year...

who knows...

all possibilities. The good news is the smart move for all of them is NO NEW CONTRACT, so Broncos have easy decision.

The hard decision won't come until he is a RFA, or UFA.

Rabb
08-06-2009, 09:41 AM
is it that hard to believe that he is actually just hurt?

http://riverdaughter.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/tinfoil.jpg

SonOfLe-loLang
08-06-2009, 10:00 AM
Ok I can believe this also. But then Marshall a liar because he said he was ok I thought while working out with Fitz?

If what you say is true then we should not sign him either though right? Why give big money to someone who is injured? Better to low ball him after he has a crappy yr because of it.

they werent hitting each other

cabronco
08-06-2009, 10:14 AM
His pulled his mangina!

+1 , plus tripping over ego and getting body slammed by Barret didnt help either.

Paladin
08-06-2009, 10:27 AM
Question: Sisnce he had an "unsanctioned" surgical procedure (not identified as necessary by team Docs), what would be the Broncos' liability for his salary should he be placed in the PUP list prior to thj start of the season? What would be his status regarding FA if he doesn't play this year because he hasn't recovered form said surgery?

I think he screwed himself bigtime. He is not tradeable for decent value, he is a smartarse on the field, he fibs a lot, he is a menace to women, and he is even more immature than Quitler....

A real outstanding model, right? I'd rather Royal, Gaffney, Stokley as the three main WRs. They will play ball.

worm
08-06-2009, 10:32 AM
BMarsh should have had surgery last Dec...not this April.

Punisher
08-06-2009, 10:34 AM
Give him his PAYDAY LOL

Popps
08-06-2009, 10:39 AM
..and there's no guarantee he'll be back to 100% of his former self. ...and this douche want to negotiate a new contract with more mooolah. ....then factor in the legal issue/ court date and his guaranteed value is reduced even more.

Marshall knows that he's damaged goods. From an off-field sense, and possibly even physically. He's looking for his big lotto-style contract so if he winds up on IR or in the back of a squad car again, he's already got his cash in the bank.

It appears that every day he's alive, he risks the chance of hurting himself or being arrested.

Anyone blame a company for not wanting to reward this kind of employee?

I've moved on from the guy. If he shows up, it's a nice bonus. (Maybe, provided it's not a distraction.) But, we have a lot of talented receivers that WANT to be out on the field. I'm happy watching this team perform without Brandon Marshall if need be.

TheReverend
08-06-2009, 10:39 AM
Question: Sisnce he had an "unsanctioned" surgical procedure (not identified as necessary by team Docs), what would be the Broncos' liability for his salary should he be placed in the PUP list prior to thj start of the season? What would be his status regarding FA if he doesn't play this year because he hasn't recovered form said surgery?

I think he screwed himself bigtime. He is not tradeable for decent value, he is a smartarse on the field, he fibs a lot, he is a menace to women, and he is even more immature than Quitler....

A real outstanding model, right? I'd rather Royal, Gaffney, Stokley as the three main WRs. They will play ball.

Can you expand on that, please?

TailgateNut
08-06-2009, 10:46 AM
Expand on this!

DENVER -- Not even the fans were safe from blame Sunday.

As the frustration built in the most embarrassing loss in the Mike Shanahan era, Broncos fans at Invesco Field booed, berated and -- beginning early in the second half -- bolted. By the time the clock expired on the 41-3 Chargers rout, the stadium was almost empty.

While most Denver players said they understood the fans' behavior, second-year receiver Brandon Marshall took it as a slap to the face.

"If you're going to be a Broncos fan, be a Broncos fan. Don't boo us when we're down. That's bandwagon," said Marshall, who caught seven passes for 72 yards. "When we start winning, then what?"

Marshall, who has already earned a reputation for his lively personality, didn't stop there. He poked again at Denver fans, known widely as some of the most faithful in the NFL, by pointing out their response to the surprising Colorado Rockies, who turned a mediocre season into a berth in the NLCS in less than a month.

outdoor_miner
08-06-2009, 10:49 AM
I like all these people who keep thinking he is playing it up. This is a guy who played an entire season with a hip injury that required extensive surgery, I think we can lay to rest any notion of him dogging it.

I find it sort of ironic that people are more than willing to be hostile to a player who very literally suffered pain and discomfort to play for our team for an entire year while people are perfectly happy accepting that a couple of players we invested high draft picks in just sit at home and jerk off.

I agree with you... The guy was told by our medical staff that his hip problem wasn't a big deal... He fights through the pain for a year, only to find out that his hip was way worse than the Broncos let on. Now he's a pansy? I don't buy it.

Now - I agree with folks that his legal problems make him a risk to extend, and I don't blame the Broncos for not caving-in to his contract demands. However, the notion that he's faking the injury just doesn't really align with the way he's played on the field the last couple years.

BroncoMan4ever
08-06-2009, 11:36 AM
His ego is bruised.

let him, he is hurting himself more than the team. Royal has become the focal point of the offense, and Gaffney, Stokley, McKinley, Scheff, Hillis, and Moreno(if he ever ****ing shows up) can all be useful and step up and take on between eachother what Marshall's contributions to the team were.

by pulling this crap(if he is faking) he is showing he is not a team guy, won't practice, is soft, and just wants more money and doesn't care what he does to his team to get it. he is driving his dollars down and decreasing the number of teams that will take him onto their team.

worm
08-06-2009, 10:51 PM
It appears that every day he's alive, he risks the chance of hurting himself or being arrested.

Dude. There is this guy that spend every day of his life on the corner of Decatur and Canal St in NOLA. He wears an umbrella hat, has a megaphone and is preaching death, destruction, cats and dogs sleeping together type stuff. ALL day. Rain or shine. Pre-Katrina, post-Katrina.

Sometimes Popps...he makes mores sense than you.