PDA

View Full Version : The Denver Broncos : Class of the AFC West for a Quarter-Century

Bronco Rob
08-05-2009, 02:49 PM
In 1984, the Broncos introduced the Inaugural Class of their Ring of Fame, inducting 4 Broncos greats - Goose Gonsoulin, Floyd Little, Rich Jackson and Lionel Taylor.

The Broncos have the best Home Record (149-51 .745) in the NFL during the past 25 years

Denver is 2nd in the NFL is wins(243), 2nd in Super Bowl appearances(5), 3rd in AFC Championship Game appearances(7) and 3rd in playoff appearances(13)

13 of the team's 14 best years in franchise history have come during the last 25 years.

Bowlen has continued a string of 40 consecutive years of home game sell-outs, the longest such streak in the AFC. The 316 consecutive regular season and playoffs games is second to only the Washington Redskins

The Broncos have led the NFL in attendance over the past 25 years drawing nearly 18 million fans.

Bowlen has been a key figure in securing the League's labor and TV contracts. In his role as Chair of the NFL Broadcast Committee, he wass responsible for the negotiations on the NFL's $18 billion TV contract, the most lucrative single-sport contract in history.

Of course, with Al Davis to the west and the Hunt Family to the east, Bowlen is surrounded by NFL Royalty in the division. Needless to say, the Broncos have held their ground -

SINCE 1984

Super Bowl Titles

Denver -- 2
Kansas City -- 0
Oakland -- 0
San Diego -- 0

Super Bowl Appearances

Denver -- 5
Oakland -- 1
San Diego -- 1
Kansas City -- 0

AFC Championship Appearances

Denver -- 7
Oakland -- 3
San Diego -- 2
Kansas City -- 1

AFC WEST Division Titles

Denver -- 8
San Diego -- 6
Oakland -- 5
Kansas City -- 4

Playoff Appearances

Denver -- 13
Kansas City -- 10
Oakland -- 8
San Diego -- 7

Winning Seasons

Denver -- 16
Kansas City -- 14
Oakland -- 9
San Diego -- 7

http://www.milehighreport.com/2009/8/5/978753/in-pat-we-trust-bowlen-era-has

Broncoman13
08-05-2009, 02:51 PM
I'm gonna laugh when he comes on here and raises hell about posting his stuff on the Mane.

~Crash~
08-05-2009, 02:52 PM
how much of that with out Mike Shanahan some weres in the mix and Elway ?

theAPAOps5
08-05-2009, 02:52 PM
Yeah he is very protective of his material I would append.......

Bronco Rob
08-05-2009, 02:56 PM
I'm gonna laugh when he comes on here and raises hell about posting his stuff on the Mane.

Yeah he likes to complain about us and his material.......

"His material"

Is he a Broncos fan?

-

521 1N5
08-05-2009, 02:56 PM
how much of that with out Mike Shanahan some weres in the mix and Elway ?

He brought them both in- One retired, the other wasnt winning. What's your point?

theAPAOps5
08-05-2009, 02:57 PM
"His material"

Is he a Broncos fan?

-

Yes he is a blogger goes by The Sports Guru here.

Bronco Rob
08-05-2009, 02:59 PM
Yes he is a blogger goes by The Sports Guru here.

Then what does he care if it gets posted on a "Broncos" website?

All he did was regurgitate the media guide.....

:)

broncofan2438
08-05-2009, 03:03 PM
Screw the dam chuggers!!!! Freakn bandwaggon ass team. Look at these stats Chugger fans!! Bottom of the freakn barrel dickheads

theAPAOps5
08-05-2009, 03:04 PM
Then what does he care if it gets posted on a "Broncos" website?

All he did was regurgitate the media guide.....

LOL because if you read it here you don't go there and click on the pretty ads!

Bronco Rob
08-05-2009, 03:10 PM
LOL because if you read it here you don't go there and click on the pretty ads!

Ad Revenue eh....Sounds like the type of fan that refers to 'MILE HIGH' as invesco....

Ah...too bad cuz Mane has been the best Broncos site on the www. for almost a decade.......

;)

Tombstone RJ
08-05-2009, 03:24 PM
McD has some big shoes to fill. He's the one that needs to read this stuff and realize just how great of an opportunity he has...

TheSportsGuru
08-05-2009, 04:32 PM
A, all I ask for is a link....
B, I don't get AD revenue...

So OM doesn't like people to pimp their stuff here, but you guys can go and Copy and paste stuff. Typical...

Broncoman13
08-05-2009, 04:37 PM

So OM doesn't like people to pimp their stuff here, but you guys can go and Copy and paste stuff. Typical...

Typical of what? Nobody asked him to post your stuff here.

Bronco Rob
08-05-2009, 04:38 PM

Ohkay cool...

I'll put the link back.........

PS: "So OM doesn't like people to pimp their stuff here, but you guys can go and Copy and paste stuff. Typical"...

Same team bro....same team....GO BRONCOS!

:pimp:

Bronco Rob
08-05-2009, 04:41 PM
Typical of what? Nobody asked him to post your stuff here.

True..

I just try to post relevant pertinent information pertaining to the greatest team in professional sports history....

"can we all just get along?"

:sunshine:

TheSportsGuru
08-05-2009, 04:43 PM
Ohkay cool...

I'll put the link back.........

PS: "So OM doesn't like people to pimp their stuff here, but you guys can go and Copy and paste stuff. Typical"...

Same team bro....same team....GO BRONCOS!

:pimp:

Flip it around. What if I copied stuff from here and claimed it as my own? Yes, the info was from the Media Guide, which I admit to.

All I ask for is credit...

Bronco Rob
08-05-2009, 04:46 PM
Flip it around. What if I copied stuff from here and claimed it as my own? Yes, the info was from the Media Guide, which I admit to.

All I ask for is credit...

Nobodys "claiming" anything....

I posted it of my own volition..wasn't trying to take credit for anything...

8')

Chris
08-05-2009, 05:00 PM
You do a great job TSG. All credit to you. There shouldn't be any fighting between OM and MHR, wasn't aware there was. If anything you guys should merge.

theAPAOps5
08-05-2009, 05:10 PM

:spit:

We were just warning him you are particular about how your stuff is posted. So if you don't get ad revenue why have it on your site? I mean the point of wanting people to click the link is to get viewers and clicks and sponsors, right?

s0phr0syne
08-05-2009, 05:30 PM
i hardly think it's too much to ask that if we take something from his site, or any other site, and create a thread with it, to at the very least post a link to the original material.

That's not being anal or "particular" on his part--that would just be courtesy on our part.

Anyway, I think MHR is great. It hosts some unique content and has some great contributor articles.

theAPAOps5
08-05-2009, 05:38 PM
i hardly think it's too much to ask that if we take something from his site, or any other site, and create a thread with it, to at the very least post a link to the original material.

That's not being anal or "particular" on his part--that would just be courtesy on our part.

Anyway, I think MHR is great. It hosts some unique content and has some great contributor articles.

You missed the original post. He had a link. But he erased the link and left the article. If he had erased the article and left the link this would be a non-issue. We just knew he wouldn't like the way it was originally done but the fix didn't fix it!

worm
08-05-2009, 05:41 PM

Content is awesome. However, you got to wonder about respected posters who work in phantom reasturants. :)

Broncoman13
08-05-2009, 05:46 PM
Content is awesome. However, you got to wonder about respected posters who work in phantom reasturants. :)

Credibility = to "The Deal is Done"

;)

TheSportsGuru

Think of anything on the sidebar as user generated content. Only the main/front page comes from me or my contributors...Needless to say, I don't police, nor vouch for, anything over there.

worm
BTW. Thanks Shanny for your contribution to making this article true!

If you make it to the Hall of Fame, your years in Denver will be the primary reason.

Chris
08-05-2009, 05:47 PM
Not his fault worm. You've got to wonder about posts here too sometimes. Not tacos fault either.

theAPAOps5
08-05-2009, 05:47 PM

In defense of Guru he told me he lets the members of his site post what they want and decide whats true. So while we may disagree on content usage you at least have to respect that he lets people post stuff even if its not true!

worm
08-05-2009, 05:50 PM
In defense of Guru he told me he lets the members of his site post what they want and decide whats true. So while we may disagree on content usage you at least have to respect that he lets people post stuff even if its not true!

I guess I was just drawing a difference between the two sites\approaches.

He leads with content. OM leads with community.

theAPAOps5
08-05-2009, 05:51 PM

Thats a good way to look at it.

TheSportsGuru
08-05-2009, 05:56 PM

There are definitely differences. I would never claim to be a message board(and I don't mean that in a bad way). MHR is more of a community blog than a message board per se. Fan Posts are the communities way to get involved and post their own content. The center(main page) would be my 'blog'. Fan Shots(Right Sidebar, down a bit) are links to articles, videos, etc.

So, the sidebar belongs to the community. If you really liked what someone wrote over there, for instance, you could subscribe to their feed. Essentially every member has a blog that is housed on the site for lack of a better term.

Then, the main page contributors, which could loosely be compared to forum mods, get to post right to the main page.

So, again, I don't consider OM and MHR to be in competition(I'm not competing with any Broncos fan site). We are on the same team but do our thing different ways...

Bronco Rob
08-06-2009, 10:33 AM