PDA

View Full Version : The NFL...balance and injuries.

lex
08-04-2009, 09:15 PM
Does anyone think the league has become too pass happy as a result of rules changes that go to a ridiculous extent to protect the QBs? Yeah, we know money is tied into the QB but at some point, it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy, does it not? In other words, it has become biased towards QBs because they dont mind paying the QBs more money vs, say, a RB.

Do you feel like more should be done to protect other players from injuries or maybe that less should be done to protect QBs?

ward63
08-04-2009, 11:40 PM
It's not true football anymore....

Killericon
08-05-2009, 01:10 AM
It's not true football anymore....

Maybe it's a little overzealous, but not true football? That's crazy talk IMO.

broncosteven
08-05-2009, 01:37 AM
RB's and LB's are going to get hurt they have a 3 year shelf life, they know it.

Even Qb's are dinged but bounce around a backups a la SOB for a decade or more if they want a check.

I think going full speed at practice helps, I do wish more visulation was happening on the field, not to the Faiders extent but just in doing Tai Chi type walk throughs of on this play I should be here, They can set up a metronome clicking about 66bpm and make sure the players are breathing and hitting thier marks in their routes.

I don't like when teams want to dominate and hit all TC and PS then after the rookie wall is hit (and the vet wall also acouple weeks later) they can't rely on brute force to get their jobs done and they are tired out.

A team that visualizes the plays has the advantage of turning from Brute force to finess long enough to get their legs back and return to smash mouth.

I always felt that the good WCO(including us to an extent), and Dallas teams used finess to get their legs back after hitting the wall.