PDA

View Full Version : 8/4 Report: SoCal, Khan, Buff, OSKIE, Alec

SoCalBronco
08-04-2009, 05:50 PM
Reports to follow.

Tidbits:
1. JMFW lives up to his name with two picks and a pass deflection.
2. Ayers shows some real promise after a slow start
3. A surprise visitor appears at Dove Valley. BroncoBuff has pictures to prove it! (No, its not Shanahan, but who it is will shock you)

ChampBailey24
08-04-2009, 05:51 PM
cant wait!

broncofan2438
08-04-2009, 05:52 PM
Reports to follow.

Tidbits:
3. A surprise visitor appears at Dove Valley. BroncoBuff has pictures to prove it! (No, its not Shanahan, but who it is will shock you)

Hoculi???

elsid13
08-04-2009, 05:52 PM
Plummer ???

lex
08-04-2009, 05:53 PM
Reports to follow.

Tidbits:

Is it Elway?

DBroncos4life
08-04-2009, 05:54 PM
Dan Reeves

tsiguy96
hoculi showed up today...

ChampBailey24
ya i heard good ole ed was there today

Gcver2ver3
08-04-2009, 05:55 PM
hoculi showed up today...

is that a guess or you know?...

elsid13
I'm hoping it's the Crown Royal Sells Rep. Bowlen is getting a little to sober for McDaniels tastes.

Gcver2ver3
ya i heard good ole ed was there today

oh okay...

i'm still not sure whether his blown call was a blessing or a curse...

tsiguy96
08-04-2009, 05:56 PM
is that a guess or you know?...

saw it on twitter i think. they had refs come help and hoch was there.

Ray Finkle
08-04-2009, 05:56 PM
Reports to follow.

Tidbits:

Stop C**K Teasing and get typing!

elsid13
08-04-2009, 05:58 PM
Stop C**K Teasing and get typing!

They are just waiting approval from new OM Camp Report Editor ~ Spider. Once he figure out which words are spelled incorrectly they will post.

BlaK-Argentina
08-04-2009, 05:58 PM
Post them already damnit!! ;D COME OOOOOOOOON!

BTW great crew today. :)

broncogary
08-04-2009, 06:00 PM
They are just waiting approval from new OM Camp Report Editor ~ Spider. Once he figure out which words are spelled incorrectly they will post.

A throat punch should keep these guys in line, right? :wiggle:

elsid13
08-04-2009, 06:01 PM
A throat punch should keep these guys in line, right? :wiggle:

That or forcing them to wash his thong collection.

TheReverend
08-04-2009, 06:01 PM
It was clearly Mike Vick.

Br0nc0Buster
08-04-2009, 06:02 PM
oooh I am intrigued by the Ayers comment

SoCalBronco
08-04-2009, 06:04 PM
I. SPECIAL TEAMS

The practice began by working on defensing fake punts. They also worked on fake punt plays as well as combating punt formations in which the line is spread out (Emory & Henry style). This was the first practice that referees appeared and among them was actually Ed Hochuli. I joked that we should give him a round of applause (although this is NOT the surprise visitor I mentioned above). The team also worked on a unique drill for punt rushers, designed to teach them to try and block the punt without running into the punter. Bruton, McBath and Barrett competed most often in this drill.

There was also a competition re: punting. Kern had consistently better hang times than Colquitt, although there were a few punts where Colquitt really hit it as well. OSKIE timed them. Kern was generally in the high 4s and on one occasion broke 5. Colquitt also hit the high 4's a few times, although he did have a shank.

I. QUARTERBACKS- Orton continues to perform markedly better than Simms. Simms has a better arm but his accuracy is kind of questionable, esp on deep passes. He also hesitates more than Orton does in the pocket (although they have both been guilty of that on a more often than I'm comfortable with basis). Orton hooked up a few times with Gaffney and Royal, esp a nice pass through defenders to Royal in the back of the endzone. The area that we're concerned with re: Orton a little bit is checking down. Khan remarked that Orton often locked onto his first reciever, rather than looking to the flat routes that are usually open. There were a few times that Kyle also had incompletions on inaccurate throws. Still, as noted above, he's demonstrating that he's superior to Simms. Simms had a problem this afternoon getting passes batted down at the line. It occurred on two consecutive plays for him.

II. RUNNING BACKS- They did not run the ball too much in this period. The backs were most notable in the passing game (esp.) on screens and also in pass protection. I noticed on more than one occasion that Buckhalter did a nice job in pass pro. He's thought of as sort of a pass catching back and finesse speed back rather than a power back but he has good size and he is reliable as a blocker vs. the blitz.

III. WIDE RECIEVERS- Yet another practice went by with no Brandon Marshall. Royal had some nice grabs but this was the first practice where he had multiple drops. He did have a great sliding catch however on a deep pass. Gaffney made some grabs as well as Nate Swift. I thought McKinley was quiet this practice. I liked that Stokley made some nice catches on short crossing routes. They seem to like utilizing him in that capacity (as they do Royal), especially in the red zone.

IV. TIGHT ENDS- Scheffler made a great jumping grab with at least two defenders on him right on the sideline in front of us. The players all fell to the ground a few feet from us. Several people cheered Tony on that play. Quinn actually got into the act in this practice. We focused on his blocking skills a few times. He was matched up with Ayers on one occasion and held his ground well. The one thing I thought was interesting was that they used Graham of all people on a TE screen twice in this practice. One would think they would reserve a faster player who is better in space for screens, but I believe it was OSKIE and Khan who pointed out that once that guy gets motoring, the defenders really don't want to tackle him and Barrett kind of showed that.

SoCalBronco
08-04-2009, 06:05 PM
The surprise visitor was not Hochuli, although he was there as noted in the first part of my report.

Rock Chalk
08-04-2009, 06:06 PM
Im not going to type out a report. I'll let Buff, SoCal and Kahn do that. OSKIE has football practice so he cant. I will however, be posting pics and videos shortly.

footstepsfrom#27
08-04-2009, 06:10 PM
JMFW lives up to his name with two picks and a pass deflection.
I've had hopes for this guy since we drafted him. I like his reflexes and quicks. Hopefully both he and Smith have the goods.

BlaK-Argentina
08-04-2009, 06:11 PM
Thanks SoCal!

outdoor_miner
08-04-2009, 06:13 PM
The area that we're concerned with re: Orton a little bit is checking down. Khan remarked that Orton often locked onto his first reciever, rather than looking to the flat routes that are usually open.

I could have sworn I read in another report from one of you guys (although, it may have been somewhere else) that Orton was checking down a ton in the first few practices. I wonder if the coaches are having him focus on going downfield and being a little more aggressive than he was being at the start of Camp? Hopefully, he'll find that happy median.

Anyway - thanks (as always) for the wonderful reporting!

Los Broncos
08-04-2009, 06:14 PM
Thanks for that, got my fix.

SoCalBronco
08-04-2009, 06:28 PM
V. OFFENSIVE LINE- Clady kept dominating. Kuper had a little bit of trouble on one occasion with Peterson, but for the most part he was fine. The guy on the starting line that got beat a few times was Harris. I think it was Dumervil a couple of times and another defender (who I didn't see) on another occasion. Polumbus was beaten by Ayers for a sack just on speed.

VI. DEFENSIVE LINE- Did not notice these guys too much out there. Thomas did deflect a pass from Simms.

VII. LINEBACKERS- Jarvis Moss returned to practice. He gave good effort out there. He didn't wow anyone obviously, but he was working hard. There was only one occasion though in which he got halfway decent pressure. Crowder continues to play well and Dumervil took advantage of Harris a few times. Obviously, everyone wants to hear about Ayers. He started slow. They were working on red zone play and he looked absolutely lost, sort of just standing there and looking back. As practice progressed though, you could see his talent. He blew past Polumbus and also when they had him drop in zone, he anticipated a play well and came up to stop the route developing underneath him. I think he also deflected a pass. He did a real nice job for his first practice. He did have some problems getting around Quinn and Graham. ILB's looked solid. I was happy to see DJ get a sack. Woodyard was also active in pass defense, although he was beat a few times by Stokley. He's a good pass defender though, nonetheless. They spent alot of time using the first team nickel defense in this practice so those two got alot of playing time. Mario Haggan gets good pressure from the ILB spot as well.

VIII. DEFENSIVE BACKS- Jack Mother ****ing Williams is a mother ****ing stud. Well....at least he was today. In the final play of practice, the offense was at the 1 and he had a pick six which he returned all the way. Just a few plays earlier, he deflected a pass. Also, earlier in practice he showed good awareness in zone, intercepting a Brandstater pass because Brandstater didn't hide his intentions very well. Smith also had a pass deflection. Didn't notice much of Bailey with the exception that he comes up real well to close on the reciever after a catch on a short route. Bruton came in for Dawkins on the 1st team at one point, although that was temporary. They installed alot of cornerback blitzes today in the team 11 on 11 period. We noted several of these plays using a variety of different cornerbacks. I don't think we saw a double cornerback blitz, though. Funny story: There was a guy behind us that was cheering Jack Williams and I told him that's not his real name...or at least, not his full name. He was kinda confused as you might imagine. :)

I will leave the mystery guest to BroncoBuff.

theAPAOps5
08-04-2009, 06:32 PM
Thanks guys! Orton in the paper this morning said the offense is extremely QB unfriendly when learning it but once you get it then it become a QB's dream. I hope that hesitancy is due to the complexity.

telluride
08-04-2009, 06:35 PM
Jack Mother ****ing Williams is a mother ****ing stud.

Time to trade Champ! Let's get a DT or high 2nd for him!;D

Rock Chalk
08-04-2009, 06:38 PM
Damn, Im going to have to convert all my video.

If you want though, you can go to http://www.novanetonline.com/trainingcamp/ and click links to download video from training camp. Im uploading a monster right now but its the entire 2 minute drill sans the big play at the end (I ran out of memory card space).

SoCalBronco
08-04-2009, 06:43 PM
I've had hopes for this guy since we drafted him. I like his reflexes and quicks. Hopefully both he and Smith have the goods.

Hi Footsteps.

JMFW is not letting Alphonso take the nickel spot, easily. Jack is fighting for it pretty hard even though Smith has more pure talent. It is a very exciting battle to watch. JMFW made a big statement today after Smith has shown some massive ball skills the last few days. There are alot of problem areas on this team but one area that they seem to have covered pretty well right now is quality CB depth.

s0phr0syne
08-04-2009, 06:46 PM
Hey, thanks for the great reports!

quick question: on one of the pictures that they have at denverbroncos.com, it looks as though they had a 2-back formation with Hillis as the HB and Graham as the FB. Is that the formation they practiced, or is it just an illusion created by the angle of the photo?

SoCalBronco
08-04-2009, 06:47 PM
Hey, thanks for the great reports!

quick question: on one of the pictures that they have at denverbroncos.com, it looks as though they had a 2-back formation with Hillis as the HB and Graham as the FB. Is that the formation they practiced, or is it just an illusion created by the angle of the photo?

They routinely motion the TE out of his normal spot and into a FB like spot. I noticed that earlier with Scheffler, so I suspect they prolly were doing the same with Graham.

footstepsfrom#27
08-04-2009, 06:47 PM
Hi Footsteps.

JMFW is not letting Alphonso take the nickel spot, easily. Jack is fighting for it pretty hard even though Smith has more pure talent. It is a very exciting battle to watch. JMFW made a big statement today after Smith has shown some massive ball skills the last few days. There are alot of problem areas on this team but one area that they seem to have covered pretty well right now is quality CB depth.
Thanks SoCal...have they had these guys doing any bump and run coverage? That's my main concern with both of them...their size against bigger more physical receivers.

SoCalBronco
08-04-2009, 06:49 PM
Thanks SoCal...have they had these guys doing any bump and run coverage? That's my main concern with both of them...their size against bigger more physical receivers.

They've been running some tight B&R man...but also some zone, too. I think they've been mixing up the coverages pretty well. They still have to get that pressure from the OLBs to make it all work.

FireFly
08-04-2009, 06:53 PM
The suspense is killing me!

I hope it wasn't Vick :P

Los Broncos
08-04-2009, 06:53 PM
Damn, Im going to have to convert all my video.

If you want though, you can go to http://www.novanetonline.com/trainingcamp/ and click links to download video from training camp. Im uploading a monster right now but its the entire 2 minute drill sans the big play at the end (I ran out of memory card space).

Thanks, looks Clady and Ayers squared off a bit there?

Ayers is #56?

TonyR
08-04-2009, 06:54 PM
I noticed on more than one occasion that Buckhalter did a nice job in pass pro. He's thought of as sort of a pass catching back and finesse speed back rather than a power back but he has good size and he is reliable as a blocker vs. the blitz.

Good to hear. Reid's offense in Philly demands that backs are solid in blocking and blitz pick up. Brian Westbrook excels in this area. Lorenzo Booker struggled with it and it kept him off the field last year. Buck should be solid for us.

footstepsfrom#27
08-04-2009, 06:58 PM
They've been running some tight B&R man...but also some zone, too. I think they've been mixing up the coverages pretty well. They still have to get that pressure from the OLBs to make it all work.So how are these two looking at the LOS against Marshall when he was in there?

SoCalBronco
08-04-2009, 07:00 PM
So how are these two looking at the LOS against Marshall when he was in there?

I've only seen Marshall for a grand total of half a practice during this whole time and I don't ever remember seeing him in the 11 on 11s, so I don't know footsteps. I hope he can get back on the field soon so I can see how these short (but talented) corners can do against a big hulking pro bowl WR like Marshall.

theAPAOps5
08-04-2009, 07:09 PM
Mystery Guest and Buff? Hmmm wouldn't be related to his Avitar would it?

SoCalBronco
08-04-2009, 07:15 PM
Mystery Guest and Buff? Hmmm wouldn't be related to his Avitar would it?

Nope...not related to his avatar.

It's someone that you would be shocked to see at a Broncos camp, much less also wearing an Elway jersey.

DarkHorse
08-04-2009, 07:18 PM
Dan Reeves?

LOL

gyldenlove
08-04-2009, 07:18 PM

It's someone that you would be shocked to see at a Broncos camp, much less also wearing an Elway jersey.

It was Brett Favre?

TheDave
08-04-2009, 07:19 PM

Al Davis... ???

Eh, nope had to be Ernie Accorsi.

s0phr0syne
hahah, horvil tiki chiming in on the comments over at the db.com blog:

http://blog.denverbroncos.com/denverbroncos/day-5-blog/

Horvil Tiki says:
August 4, 2009 at 7:09 pm

jack willams guy, that is cool. I saw he snatch ball from weak bird cardinal last year in pre season guy and he take this ball to house. he run back hole field like barry sander all way back. he say pow and this huge offence line man guy look so corny the jack willams juke he right out of sock guy. that guy done get balled up. he fall flat I seen it. that was so cool. what happen to pick off pass run back for 6 guy. we need to do this it chage you game. dont throw corny pass horton or you done get picked off guy. dont be corny. jack willams probable say this pass is corny guy I gon take this one to house all day watch me do this. you cant stop the eddy royal guy he gon be the unstop force in ameoba offence. wide open all day guy. all day like this, I hope the dawkin is ok. cold fresh water melon of this taste like gold after such pactice I bet.

mwill07

Elway?

SoCalBronco
08-04-2009, 07:21 PM
No...not Elway and not Al Davis.

But its someone you would all recognize immediately.

You will see what I mean when BroncoBuff provides the visual proof.

Boss Man
08-04-2009, 07:22 PM

brian griese...

Stuck In Texas
Jake Plummer?

footstepsfrom#27
No...not Elway and not Al Davis.

But its someone you would all recognize immediately.

You will see what I mean when BroncoBuff provides the visual proof.
Was it TD?

ScottXray
08-04-2009, 07:23 PM

Marty Shottenheimer was there?:spit:

bowtown
08-04-2009, 07:23 PM
If it turns out to be Ron Zappolo, I'm going to be pissed.

BMarsh615
08-04-2009, 07:24 PM
Was it Phil Simms?

DenverBrit
08-04-2009, 07:24 PM

Romo? Griese? Hotrod?

Kaylore
08-04-2009, 07:26 PM
Let me say it was much more fun hanging with my OM friends this time. The fans were all really fun and everyone was sharing their little tidbits about each player and whatnot. I strongly encourage everyone who can to attend at least one practice.

Practice had guest officiating today courtesy of our beloved Ed Hochuli and his crew. The good news is there wasn't much laundry on the field. They seemed to be letting our guys play a lot. I'm just going to talk about general things I noticed.

They spent a lot of time on punt blocking in the special teams drills. There is a much more focused effort on getting the special teams to improve. One thing I liked was in the punt blocking drills they were teaching the players to pull up if they came in at an angle that was going to result in the kicker getting hit. Britton and Kern were punting and Oskie timed their air time. Coquitt looked the rookie as his were the least consistent. They both were booting the ball a fair distance but Kern had the most consistently long air time, and this was under duress.

Jack "MF" Williams was the star today. He played with a lot of hustled and got two interceptions and a pass deflection. His rookie counter-part had a relatively quiet day.

They spent most of their time doing redzone work today which I liked. It was one of the worst areas last year. Generally speaking Orton and the offense were beating the defense in 7 on 7. Orton looked sharp all practice. Simms had some struggles. He had several passes batted at the line and his long ball is still pretty bad. Brandstater was intercepted by JMFW in the redzone but he came right back to throw a TD the next play. I like seeing that from a rookie QB. He made the mistake but moved on.

Larsen had a couple of good deflections. I am pleased to report they are blitzing him more. There was a lot of blitz packages up the middle and instances where they would zone blitz. We had some occasions where we were getting good pressure up the middle. Kuper on a few occasions was caught bending at the waist and got overpowered. Ryan Harris took a beating from Crowder and others. It wasn't his best day. It had me slightly apprehensive about the offense given that our D-line isn't good, but I still feel both teams need to do some catching up and play another team before I make a judgment.

Quinn had a TD catch in the redzone practice. In fact all the tight ends are used quite a bit down there. I like this because it means if we go jumbo the defenses are going to have a hard time whether its run or pass.

In move-the-ball they ran a drill where Orton and the offense had one minute and forty seconds with no time outs to move the ball. Runs were not allowed, so the defense knew it was going to throw every play. Orton moved the team right down to the goal line with four seconds to play. On third down Stokely was held by (I believe) JMFW. The penalty resulted in a fresh set of downs on the one yard line, but only one second on the clock. What probably would have been a run was a quick slant that JMFW took to the house. It was good for the defense and just a great play on the ball, not so much a throw into double coverage or what have you.

Overall I'd say Ayers looks very good for a rookie. He has a lot of pass rush ability and on a few screens had the presence of mind to realize "I'm getting back here really easily. That's not right. This must be a screen" and then he would play the screen pretty well. In coverage there was a few moments when he had no idea where to go. I would say this is rookie brainfarts and nothing more. I do think for the defense there is a bit of "paralysis by analysis" going where guys are still processing where they are supposed to be and thinking a bit much. This will get better as the season goes on but with lots of new players in a new scheme, more of the same is to be expected.

I was impressed at running back with Correll Buckhalter. His pass pro and blitz recognition was very good today and he had some nice runs. Hillis looks like the best runner and they feature him quite a bit by moving him around a lot. Those of you concerned that McDaniels won't use him can rest assured that he uses what he likes.

Royal is the most consistently good player on the field IMO. He has some great catches and gives a full effort every play. He is difficult to cover and his great leaping ability helps make up for his deficiencies in the height department.

Kaylore
08-04-2009, 07:35 PM
One other thing was that Moss came back today and had a decent day. He has a lot of potential if he would just try and make it work upstairs.

footstepsfrom#27
08-04-2009, 07:38 PM
Edgar Kaiser? ;D

BMarsh615
How does Ayers move? Is he pretty quick? Or does it look like he has 2 left feet....

Northman
I think eventually Royal will become our #1 WR. The kid is better than most people give him credit for even now.

CoopDawg
08-04-2009, 07:39 PM
JMFW!!! Glad to hear that he is making some plays on the ball, thanks again for the hard work guys!

Dr. Broncenstein
08-04-2009, 07:40 PM
One other thing was that Moss came back today and had a decent day. He has a lot of potential if he would just try and make it work upstairs.

A broken glass has the potential to be half full.

ChrisSimpy
08-04-2009, 07:41 PM
A broken glass has the potential to be half full.

Or half empty :wiggle:

Kaylore
08-04-2009, 07:42 PM
How does Ayers move? Is he pretty quick? Or does it look like he has 2 left feet....

Very well. He is incredibly versatile. He has the ability to play all over and that will be a boon. Right now he's best at putting his hand on the ground but the rest will come with practice and time.

BroncoBuff
08-04-2009, 07:43 PM
TUESDAY AUGUST 4

Jack Williams one.
Jack Williams two.
Jack Williams three.
Jack Williams four.

The second year cornerback impacted each of the last four plays of the day, as the first team offense wound down the two-minute drill. With a first down from the 19 yard line and just 16 seconds left on the clock, quarterback Kyle Orton threw toward Jabar Gaffney at the goal line, only to see Jack Williams dart in front of Gaffney to bat the ball down. Second and goal, and again Williams batted down a pass, this time intended for Brandon Stokley at the five. Third and goal, and Orton threw toward Stokley in the end zone. The pass fell incomplete, but Jack Williams was flagged for pass interference in the end zone (hey, I said he impacted the last four plays, I never said all four impacts were positive).

After pass interference in the end zone, the ball was placed at the one yard-line with just one second left on the clock. Gaffney lined up slot left, flashed into the end zone and cut left toward the sideline … Orton zipped the ball toward Gaffney, then watched in horror as Jack Williams himself stepped in front of Gaffney, snared the ball at full speed, and raced 99 yards up the sidelines to end the day with his second pick-6 of the session.

Earlier in half-speed 7-on-7 drills, Williams picked off a Tom Brandstater pass intended for Mathew Willis, and went up the left sideline with what was probably a pick-6, though no contact was permitted at this stage of the practice.

NEWS OF THE DAY

The top story at today’s practice was the appearance of three NFL game officials, including the now infamous Ed Hochuli. Can’t imagine why Hochuli would moonlight in Denver of all places, but there he was. Also present was a younger official wearing #20 (can anybody get his name, I Googled but couldn’t find it). This young and very personable guy watched the near sidelines directly in front of the five man strong OrangeMane contingent. At one point OSKIE loudly asked him for a holding call … to which he turned and smiled, saying “I need a number!”

Also newsworthy were the appearances of both Robert Ayers and Jarvis Moss. The rookie first round draft pick Ayers ended his holdout and agreed to contract terms yesterday, and former first-round draft pick Moss returned to the field after four days of soul-searching . Ayers and Moss subbed in on defense at the same time during early walkthroughs. Ayers looked understandably tentative to start, but after a quick tutorial from defensive line coach Wayne Nunnely, he subbed back in and made an immediate impact with the first-team unit. He blasted past Tyler Polumus to tackle Ryan Torain after a short pass. He seemed to catch on quick, as he subbed in and out with Tim Crowder. Later Ayers rode Tony Scheffler hard upfield, knocking the big tight end off his route, and a couple plays later, after Tyler Polumus inexplicable blocked down on the DE, Ayers was left free to rush quarterback Chris Simms and bat down the pass. Overall a very impressive first day on the job for the rookie.

The offense stressed tight end work heavily, especially tight end screens. Daniel Graham and Tony Scheffler caught lots of balls in walkthroughs, half-speed and full-speed drills. Sheffler's combination of size and speed are even more remarkable in person. Look for plenty of tight end screens this season.

Despite a couple of uncharacteristic drops, Eddie Royal shined again today. Kyle Orton found Royal for a 35-yard gain, as Eddie went to his knees for the catch despite Renaldo Hill coming over the top. Corell Buckhalter effortlessly picked up a blitzing linebacker, allowing Orton to complete an out pass for a nice gain to Jabar Gaffney who had beaten Andre Goodman.

Chris Simms on the other hand had a very lackluster session. His accuracy was bad for most of the practice, even when he had time to throw. And when he did not, he was stuffed. Three times he had balls batted down, the first by Mario Haggan who went high up to knock the ball away, and a couple of plays later, Marcus Thomas knifed into the backfield and stuffed Simms’ throw, and the third the Ayers block recounted above.

Some of the bullet points from 7-on-7 and 11-on-11 drills:

Ryan Clady was actually caught in the act holding Elvis Dumervil
Jarvis Moss got a very good push against Clint Oldenberg in full-speed 7-on-7 drills
Tim Crowder beat Ryan Harris badly to the inside to sack Kyle Orton
Ben Hamilton flattened Mario Haggan to clear the way for a Corell Buckhalter touchdown
A screen pass to Lamont Jordan was blown up by Mario Haggan, who sped past Hillis and might've wrecked Jordan for good had this developed in game conditions.
Chris Simms found Jabbar Gaffney for a rope of a TD in the back of the end zone. Might've been the session's only good play by Simms
Special teams coach Mike Pheifer is an energetic, commanding presence, a natural and patient teacher

Peyton Hillis again was the most energetic player on the field once again. Ryan Clady and Ben Hamilton blasted clean the defenseon a sweep left, as Hillis went full speed thorugh the hole for what would have been a touchdown.

In unit drills, WRs line up at CB to walkthrough plays. Kenny McKinley "allowed" a long sideline completion to Brando Lloyd on the near sidelines. OSKIE (again) yelled out to Kenny he needed to step it up "in coverage." Kenny spun around and flashed us a smile.

Thusfar in camp, Corell Buckhalter and Peyton Hillis have run full speed at all times. On the other hand, Lamont Jordan seems uniterested and slow. Camp watchers from last year pointed out Michael Pittman was also went mostly half-speed in camp, and then exploded out of the gate in the opener in Oakland. So the lack of energy on Jordan's part might not portend much for the regular season.

MOST IMPRESSIVE TODAY: Jack Williams, Mario Haggan, Robert Ayers, Peyton Hillis
LEAST IMPRESSIVE TODAY: Chris Simms, Lamont Jordan, Andre Goodman

SoCalBronco
08-04-2009, 07:44 PM
Edgar Kaiser? ;D

No...not Ed Kaiser.

It's not an owner, player or coach.

It's someone very infamous on this board. Perhaps the single most infamous person in the history of this forum.

And BroncoBuff has indisputable proof that he was there. :wiggle:

SoCalBronco
08-04-2009, 07:46 PM
The pictures, Buff...where's the pictures (especially of the mystery guest)?

elsid13
08-04-2009, 07:46 PM
If it is Pez or pulsing HIV infected 15 inch ding-dong I not going to be impressed.

footstepsfrom#27
08-04-2009, 07:47 PM
No...not Ed Kaiser.

It's someone very infamous on this board. Perhaps the single most infamous person in the history of this forum.

Bob?

broncosteven
08-04-2009, 07:47 PM

Gene Kranz?

BroncoBuff
08-04-2009, 07:48 PM
Just a moment .....

CoopDawg
08-04-2009, 07:49 PM
The suspense is killing me, who is this mysterious guest?

AlphaOmega
08-04-2009, 07:50 PM
The suspense is killing me, who is this mysterious guest?

Spider!? HotRod!? Renee Herlocker!? PEZMAN!

Northman
08-04-2009, 07:52 PM
Mock

Conklin
08-04-2009, 07:52 PM
Steve?

CoopDawg
08-04-2009, 07:59 PM
Is that a Rockies hat?

BroncoBuff
NEWSFLASH!

Clayton Wendler comes out of the closet!

Bob threw on his Elway jersey and proudly marched into Dove Valley to watch his favorite team prepare for the 09 season.

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/499/picturewap.jpg

Bob is still going with the chefs cap, but hey, you gotta let them come out at their own pace.

BMarsh615
Very well. He is incredibly versatile. He has the ability to play all over and that will be a boon. Right now he's best at putting his hand on the ground but the rest will come with practice and time.

That is good to hear... I was a little worried that he wasn't athletic enough to drop back into coverage.

footstepsfrom#27
I was right!

SoCalBronco
08-04-2009, 08:00 PM
Bob....exposed as a Bronco fan for all to see!!!

You nailed it, footsteps.

lostknight
08-04-2009, 08:01 PM
Everyone has wrote up everything - and since I was in the end zone area keeping my 8 month old out of the sun - I had a different (and usually inferior) vantage point. A few things I would add from today's practice
1) Hillis is the real deal. He is making Josh's McDaniel's life really hard at the moment.
2) There is a very steep drop off after Marshall and Royal. I really think that if Marshall had Royal's work ethic and attitude, he would be challenging the all time greats. If Royal had Marshall's freak power, he would be the all time great. I was looking forward to seeing number 11 in action, but not much there tonight.
3) The O-line actually seemed lost at times. Mario Haggan had quite the game. As we noted several times, if Orton was not in a protected orange jersey, there were three straight plays he would have been squashed.
4) Underwhelmed by both QB's today. Good news is that Orton's arm is better then advertised. Bad news is that he still looks panicky in the pocket, not trusting the o-line. He waltzed into one sack from my perspective.
5) Chris Simms needs work. That is all. He has got the skills, but the decision making was bad today.
6) Smith was rumbling today, but outside of fielding kicks, only Royal returned anything.
7) Ayers was mostly quiet. He struggled against first team, but excelled after bits of the second and third team were in.

broncosteven
08-04-2009, 08:03 PM
Bob....exposed as a Bronco fan for all to see!!!

You nailed it, footsteps.

You guys sure, doesn't look like the phag in the Priest Holmns Jersey.

Northman
08-04-2009, 08:10 PM
I cant believe Bob got his stink on that wonderful jersey. Just like when the american flag falls to the ground it needs to be burned immediately.

Hercules Rockefeller
08-04-2009, 08:10 PM
Bob is still going with the chefs cap, but hey, you gotta let them come out at their own pace.

Looks like a red Rockies hat to me

Northman
08-04-2009, 08:11 PM
Looks like a red Rockies hat to me

Thats what i thought too. It looks definitely like the CR.

TheReverend
08-04-2009, 08:13 PM
That's not bob...

I am disappoint...

elsid13
08-04-2009, 08:16 PM
That's not bob...

I am disappoint...

Did you really want to see Bobo the assclown? I would prefer the Cobra and 15 inch aids pulsing Ding-Dong , myself.

bowtown
Bob has more acne than that guy, it's not Bob

oubronco
taco ?

elsid13
08-04-2009, 08:17 PM
I think we found MI next date

Cito Pelon
08-04-2009, 08:22 PM
It's gonna be interesting to see what kind of pass rush is generated come real time. These DL guys are up against a pretty skilled OL.

ghwk
08-04-2009, 08:23 PM
NEWSFLASH!

Bob threw on his Elway jersey and proudly marched into Dove Valley to watch his favorite team prepare for the 09 season.

Man was that ever a let down. I was going to guess Jenna Jaimeson but the resemblance is horrible.

Northman
08-04-2009, 08:23 PM
Thats Requiem isnt it. lol

oubronco
08-04-2009, 08:24 PM
[QUOTE=BroncoBuff;2493884]NEWSFLASH!

[B][I]Taco comes out of the closet!

Taco is that you?

gyldenlove
08-04-2009, 08:25 PM
That is the worst surprise ever, that is like getting a pair of ill-fitting wool-socks wrapped in a homemade knitted sweater that is too large and has a chiefs logo on the front for your 12th birthday.

ghwk
08-04-2009, 08:33 PM
That is the worst surprise ever, that is like getting a pair of ill-fitting wool-socks wrapped in a homemade knitted sweater that is too large and has a chiefs logo on the front for your 12th birthday.

yeah and it's the kind of wool that makes your skin itch.

Tombstone RJ
08-04-2009, 08:35 PM
The suprise person at camp was Ed Hoculi people... not bob...

tnedator
08-04-2009, 08:35 PM
I saw a note elsewhere (I think a tweet) that the defense didn't have to run at the end of practice, because they played so well. I skimmed the reports quick, because I am getting home late, but I didn't get that impression reading the reports.

Was the defense more dominant today than previous practices? What did they did that got them out of running?

BlaK-Argentina
08-04-2009, 08:36 PM
Boooooooo you guys SUCK! ;D

Los Broncos
08-04-2009, 08:39 PM
Take off that jersey you virgin.

broncosteven
08-04-2009, 08:40 PM
... Kuper on a few occasions was caught bending at the waist and got overpowered. ....

I am giggling like a little girl!

LOL

worm
08-04-2009, 08:43 PM

http://applesandalligatorpears.files.wordpress.com/2007/12/bunny-suit1.jpg

broncosteven
08-04-2009, 08:49 PM

I. QUARTERBACKS- Orton continues to perform markedly better than Simms. Simms has a better arm but his accuracy is kind of questionable, esp on deep passes. He also hesitates more than Orton does in the pocket (although they have both been guilty of that on a more often than I'm comfortable with basis). Orton hooked up a few times with Gaffney and Royal, esp a nice pass through defenders to Royal in the back of the endzone. The area that we're concerned with re: Orton a little bit is checking down. Khan remarked that Orton often locked onto his first reciever, rather than looking to the flat routes that are usually open. There were a few times that Kyle also had incompletions on inaccurate throws. Still, as noted above, he's demonstrating that he's superior to Simms. Simms had a problem this afternoon getting passes batted down at the line. It occurred on two consecutive plays for him.

It is hard to gage internet reports on QB's as everyone sees things differently ,and sometimes see it how they want to, you have been the most impartial (Khan a close 2nd) can you answer the following:

What kind of drops are they using, is the focus on variations of screens and quick 3 step drops?

Are they doing any deeper 5-7 drops and getting the ball downfield or just relying on the 3 step drop and hoping to get YAC?

What would you characterize the Broncos HC offensive scheme as in generic terms? is it a deriviative of WCO or Spread or other?

Great stuff Socal!

BTW Sox tied with Angels 4-4 in top of 9th

Cito Pelon
08-04-2009, 08:51 PM
The suprise person at camp was Ed Hoculi people... not bob...

I heard he got cheered. That's a little bit sissy to crow about that.

It's a shame Bronco fans don't understand the difference between kicking ass and winning by a bad call. Good teams kick ass and don't worry about referees. That's the object Bowlen was looking for when he shook things up. No more sissy team. We still have some pansy fans obviously. Any fan that was sure Hillis, Larsen, Scheffler, DJ, Champ would be traded are certainly pansy fans, and we sure have a bunch of them, although they are hiding now.

Broncoman13
08-04-2009, 08:54 PM
Man practice today was the shiat. Loved hanging out with the OMg Crew. The only way it could have been better is if Montrose, Apa, and Champ were there... well maybe not Champ, he'd go nuts with Adam's beautiful little baby crying (very little though).

The guys covered most of the good stuff in their reports. I don't have a whole lot to add. I like messing with the players. I told Kenny McKinley (who was really just a pretend defender) that he was giving up way to much space... Tighten up that coverage ;D. Damn if he didn't play Royal a little tougher the next time... was hoping that he'd jam his ass at the line, but oh well. Would have been funny.

I was impressed with Ayers. The dude looks about the same size as DJ Williams so if he's at 270ish, he carries his weight quite well. He was a little lost in coverage, but he did good showing nice quickness and good strength in the pass rush. Tim Crowder as well. You can tell they have big plans for Ayers b/c he was running with the 1s already.

Jack Williams stole the show.

And, a picture of the OMg Crew... seriously, you guys were great to hang out with. I enjoyed it greatly. Anybody get any autographs? I wanted to stay and get some and was going to until I saw how much longer it was going to take and I needed to get going...

I'm sure everyone can figure out who is who. I'm sport'n the BMan13 jersey.

broncosteven
08-04-2009, 08:54 PM

It's a shame Bronco fans don't understand the difference between kicking ass and winning by a bad call. Good teams kick ass and don't worry about referees. That's the object Bowlen was looking for when he shook things up. No more sissy team. We still have some pansy fans obviously. Any fan that was sure Hillis, Larsen, Scheffler, DJ, Champ would be traded are certainly pansy fans, and we sure have a bunch of them, although they are hiding now.

Your right, Cutler should have given the ball to SD on the next play, he is a dick for not only scoring but then going for the 2 point conversion.

He and Shanny are bad people, they deserved to be traded and fired for that game.

Broncoman13
08-04-2009, 08:55 PM
I told the dude in the lower right hand corner of the picture that he didn't duck far enough and for that he was going on the internet... "I'll make you famous" ;D

broncosteven
08-04-2009, 08:57 PM
Man practice today was the shiat. Loved hanging out with the OMg Crew. The only way it could have been better is if Montrose, Apa, and Champ were there... well maybe not Champ, he'd go nuts with Adam's beautiful little baby crying (very little though).

The guys covered most of the good stuff in their reports. I don't have a whole lot to add. I like messing with the players. I told Kenny McKinley (who was really just a pretend defender) that he was giving up way to much space... Tighten up that coverage ;D. Damn if he didn't play Royal a little tougher the next time... was hoping that he'd jam his ass at the line, but oh well. Would have been funny.

I was impressed with Ayers. The dude looks about the same size as DJ Williams so if he's at 270ish, he carries his weight quite well. He was a little lost in coverage, but he did good showing nice quickness and good strength in the pass rush. Tim Crowder as well. You can tell they have big plans for Ayers b/c he was running with the 1s already.

Jack Williams stole the show.

And, a picture of the OMg Crew... seriously, you guys were great to hang out with. I enjoyed it greatly. Anybody get any autographs? I wanted to stay and get some and was going to until I saw how much longer it was going to take and I needed to get going...

I'm sure everyone can figure out who is who. I'm sport'n the BMan13 jersey.

The guy in the KU hat is ****ing Gay!

Who's Jersey # is Kahn wearing? Champ? Hillis?

This needs to be on the Mane's front page.

Tombstone RJ
08-04-2009, 08:59 PM
That's a fine looking crew! I esp. like Buff sliding in on the edge...

Cito Pelon
08-04-2009, 09:04 PM
Your right, Cutler should have given the ball to SD on the next play, he is a dick for not only scoring but then going for the 2 point conversion.

He and Shanny are bad people, they deserved to be traded and fired for that game.

Dude, with all due respect, you're one of the main pansies. Average is fine with you.

TheDave
08-04-2009, 09:04 PM
With the exception of the 5 guys in the middle... we've got some good looking fans. ;D

Dukes
08-04-2009, 09:06 PM
Buff looks like that weird science or math teacher in high school.......;D

broncosteven
08-04-2009, 09:08 PM
Dude, with all due respect, you're one of the main pansies. Average is fine with you.

Your act is getting old.

When are you going to contribute anything other than spite to this site?

Cito Pelon
08-04-2009, 09:09 PM

Buff's a smiley dude.

That was a pretty good pic. The motley crew. A good crew, but motley by some standards. Actually, you look like a good crew. That's a good pic.

Tombstone RJ
08-04-2009, 09:09 PM
With the exception of the 5 guys in the middle... we've got some good looking fans. ;D

Yah, she kinda makes the whole group look a lot better. :D

Inkana7
08-04-2009, 09:10 PM
Khan's so cute.

broncosteven
08-04-2009, 09:10 PM

He looks like some dude that used to do the Sports on the 10pm news back in the 80s/90s.

Tombstone RJ
08-04-2009, 09:12 PM
He looks like some dude that used to do the Sports on the 10pm news back in the 80s/90s.

See the notes in his hand, dude is always working...

TheDave
08-04-2009, 09:13 PM

Hey, be nice to science teachers.

Rock Chalk
08-04-2009, 09:15 PM
The guy in the KU hat is ****ing Gay!

Who's Jersey # is Kahn wearing? Champ? Hillis?

This needs to be on the Mane's front page.

I actually only wore the KU hat cuz I was late to the party and I Needed something that the other guys could recognize me in.

What are the odds someone else would be wearing a KU hat to a Bronco practice? :)

Broncoman13
08-04-2009, 09:16 PM
Yah, she kinda makes the whole group look a lot better. :D

For sure... Adam definitely married up. :peace:

Cito Pelon
Your act is getting old.

When are you going to contribute anything other than spite to this site?

I'm spiteful for sure, but I contribute more than spite. I contribute a lot to the Mane, some of it is surely spite, but a lot is pure football knowledge.

DBroncos4life
I actually only wore the KU hat cuz I was late to the party and I Needed something that the other guys could recognize me in.

What are the odds someone else would be wearing a KU hat to a Bronco practice? :)

during football season? Slim to none. :yayaya:

Dukes
08-04-2009, 09:17 PM
Hey, be nice to science teachers.

haha, not all. But there's always that one guy that's been around one too many bunson burners.

Broncoman13
08-04-2009, 09:19 PM
Just reviewed some stuff and I saw something that I noticed in Ayers highlight films... He isn't quick off the snap. I hope the coaches work on that b/c the dude has some great talent. Just looked at two different plays and he is a half second late off the ball. That won't get it done in the NFL.

Tombstone RJ
08-04-2009, 09:25 PM
Just reviewed some stuff and I saw something that I noticed in Ayers highlight films... He isn't quick off the snap. I hope the coaches work on that b/c the dude has some great talent. Just looked at two different plays and he is a half second late off the ball. That won't get it done in the NFL.

I know the hesitation your talking about but from what I can gather from watching a little bit of video on him is that he's like trying to read the play after the snap, then he decides what to do. Its kinda strange in that he looks slow off the snap.

But, depending on how he was coached at Tennessee, he might be doing exactly what he was coached to do. He's got enough talent to adjust to the play after the snap (in college) but I doubt he'll be able to do that in the NFL.

Cito Pelon
08-04-2009, 09:35 PM
That's a good pic.

footstepsfrom#27
08-04-2009, 09:38 PM

Way to try to link totally unrelated things that have zero relationship to one another.

Elway777
08-04-2009, 09:49 PM
Everyone has wrote up everything - and since I was in the end zone area keeping my 8 month old out of the sun - I had a different (and usually inferior) vantage point. A few things I would add from today's practice
1) Hillis is the real deal. He is making Josh's McDaniel's life really hard at the moment.
2) There is a very steep drop off after Marshall and Royal. I really think that if Marshall had Royal's work ethic and attitude, he would be challenging the all time greats. If Royal had Marshall's freak power, he would be the all time great. I was looking forward to seeing number 11 in action, but not much there tonight.
3) The O-line actually seemed lost at times. Mario Haggan had quite the game. As we noted several times, if Orton was not in a protected orange jersey, there were three straight plays he would have been squashed.
4) Underwhelmed by both QB's today. Good news is that Orton's arm is better then advertised. Bad news is that he still looks panicky in the pocket, not trusting the o-line. He waltzed into one sack from my perspective.
5) Chris Simms needs work. That is all. He has got the skills, but the decision making was bad today.
6) Smith was rumbling today, but outside of fielding kicks, only Royal returned anything.
7) Ayers was mostly quiet. He struggled against first team, but excelled after bits of the second and third team were in. I really didn't think Haggan had a chance to make the team. If he keeps playing like that then he has a good chance. Right now I think the Broncos keep 9 linebackers. Crowder,Ayers ,Davis , and Williams as starters with Dumervil as Joker and Larsen,Haggan, Woodyard and Reid as backups.

ScottXray
08-04-2009, 09:53 PM
No...not Ed Kaiser.

Oh crap. It was Bob!

BroncoDoug
08-04-2009, 09:58 PM
For what its worth...

yerner
08-04-2009, 09:58 PM
If that really is Bobo, I have some apologizing to do.

Cito Pelon
08-04-2009, 10:19 PM
Way to try to link totally unrelated things that have zero relationship to one another.

I thought there was a relationship. Seemed clear.

fdf
08-04-2009, 10:30 PM

Cutler?

footstepsfrom#27
08-04-2009, 10:37 PM
I thought there was a relationship. Seemed clear.
You see a relationship between homer fans applauding a bad officiating decision and people speculating that players who might not have fit the new regime's offense might get traded? How does that work? Then on top of this those speculating on this are pansy fans...interesting.

Bob uses better logic.

broncocalijohn
08-05-2009, 12:52 AM
Thanks guys! Orton in the paper this morning said the offense is extremely QB unfriendly when learning it but once you get it then it become a QB's dream. I hope that hesitancy is due to the complexity.

Then dont expect Vick to come to Denver. Thanks for the reports!

Popps
08-05-2009, 12:58 AM
I know the hesitation your talking about but from what I can gather from watching a little bit of video on him is that he's like trying to read the play after the snap, then he decides what to do. Its kinda strange in that he looks slow off the snap.

But, depending on how he was coached at Tennessee, he might be doing exactly what he was coached to do. He's got enough talent to adjust to the play after the snap (in college) but I doubt he'll be able to do that in the NFL.

Check out his combine video. I think it's on Youtube. He's got a blast of a first-step. He just may need coaching to get off the ball and use that first step more quickly. He's very explosive, imo.

broncosteven
08-05-2009, 02:06 AM
You see a relationship between homer fans applauding a bad officiating decision and people speculating that players who might not have fit the new regime's offense might get traded? How does that work? Then on top of this those speculating on this are pansy fans...interesting.

Bob uses better logic.

Throw in a couple other tirades over last couple days and I have my 2nd only, ever, all time, canidate for the Ignore list.

Casino Royal made me break it out last year but he is gone now.

If he stops inciting riots and going after Taco, and generally calms down about those he perceives as Shanny/Cutler lovers and adds some value here quickly I won't do it.

It sucks when people don't like your take have to resort to name calling just because of your take is different than theirs.

IntErNetS access must be like Liquor for some, instead of Liquid Courage some people get IntERNetS courage and turn into InterNETs toughguys once they see a post that knocks "their guys".

CHANGSTER
08-05-2009, 02:40 AM
For what its worth...

That is an awesome picture.

ELEVATION
08-05-2009, 04:27 AM
you guys rock....you have the best TC reports and coverage out of any website or blog with regards to denver.....

kent156
08-05-2009, 06:03 AM
Nice reports guys from the sounds of it if the broncos can get creative with blitz the defense might not be too bad. I guess the dline is going to be key for that to work, ron fields sounds like he is coming around. I don’t know fellas I think I rather players not start off fast than they might slow down, once the oline figures out how to defend them. I also think if Elvis can't get better at coverage he might just be situational than the broncos would've Crowder and Ayers on the outside which on paper doesn't sound too bad.

Rudeboy
08-05-2009, 06:10 AM
On another site I have been reading that Marcus Thomas is always the last one up to run Drills when coaches call it. It's being said that he is rather consistent at that so it appears intentional....

And since alot of times these drills are so fast and furious not everone in line gets to participate so he often time does not have to put up a effort. On the flip side they said Ryan Mcbean is always one of the first ones up, so atleast the kid is trying.

If you could combine his heart with that fat lazy Thomas's talent we would have a all-pro.

Also im reading that Doom is making a very strong case for himself at ROLB this camp. He is giving Clady all he can handle, and is not looking bad in pass coverage. I don't know about run support though. Can anyone confirm this?...

Drek
08-05-2009, 06:22 AM
Something to consider when talking Orton/Simms in TC. Last year most Pats fans wanted Matt Cassel flat out released because of how he looked in TC and Pre-Season. It might be a while until we see it really click for Orton and Simms.

Broncoman13
08-05-2009, 06:26 AM
On another site I have been reading that Marcus Thomas is always the last one up to run Drills when coaches call it. It's being said that he is rather consistent at that so it appears intentional....

And since alot of times these drills are so fast and furious not everone in line gets to participate so he often time does not have to put up a effort. On the flip side they said Ryan Mcbean is always one of the first ones up, so atleast the kid is trying.

If you could combine his heart with that fat lazy Thomas's talent we would have a all-pro.

Also im reading that Doom is making a very strong case for himself at ROLB this camp. He is giving Clady all he can handle, and is not looking bad in pass coverage. I don't know about run support though. Can anyone confirm this?...

Horrible vs the run. So much so that I think he's played himself off of the field on running downs. He is a 3rd down specialist IMO. And, he hasn't been noticeable in coverage.

broncofan7
08-05-2009, 07:23 AM
The 'white glow' coming from Buff's legs almost blinded me.........not much sun in SEA huh?;)

DHallblows
08-05-2009, 07:44 AM
NEWSFLASH!

AAAAHAHAHAHAHA LOL I think I know that guy. ROFL! He graduated with me and got posted as the fat virgin that we all hate! Hilarious! Hahahahaha that made my morning...

dbfan21
08-05-2009, 07:48 AM
You guys are terrific! I truly wish I was close enough to make it out there. Anyways, I appreciate your reports and insight. It's the highlight of my internet day. :notworthy

BroncoBuff
08-05-2009, 11:54 AM

Hahaha ... at least SoCal and I are wearing media friendly duds.

BroncoBuff
08-05-2009, 11:55 AM

It's only a disapppointment because I took too long posting it .... and SoCal got everybody's hopes up.

It's all about expectations ... if we had posted it quicker, you wouldda laughed.

Br0nc0Buster
08-05-2009, 12:47 PM
Something to consider when talking Orton/Simms in TC. Last year most Pats fans wanted Matt Cassel flat out released because of how he looked in TC and Pre-Season. It might be a while until we see it really click for Orton and Simms.

yeah I have been keeping that in mind as well
Orton said something to the effect that the offense is very difficult to learn, but once you have it down, then it really becomes a qb friendly system.

I want Orton to do well in camp, but I think his progression throughout the year is more important

yerner
08-05-2009, 12:54 PM
hey anybody know if there's been a poll/thread about who will start at rb and/or lead the team in rushing this year?

footstepsfrom#27
08-05-2009, 01:25 PM
Link?

Rock Chalk
08-05-2009, 01:58 PM

You are very misinformed.

Clady has stoned pretty much everyone all the time. Maybe 2 or 3 times in all the drills has his man got past him.

Concerning Thomas, I havent noticed him dogging it during conditioning drills at all.

Bronx33
08-05-2009, 02:17 PM
Thanks for the reports guys

Bronx33
08-05-2009, 02:19 PM
Any pictures of FIREBALL fred?

Rock Chalk
08-05-2009, 02:25 PM
Any pictures of FIREBALL fred?

Fred is irrelevant now.

Bronx33
08-05-2009, 02:26 PM
Fred is irrelevant now.

Pffffffffftttt!!! say that outloud at practice! :P

s0phr0syne
08-05-2009, 02:42 PM
Link?

I think this is what he's talking about:

http://broncotalk.net/2009/08/denver-broncos-training-camp-84-practice-report/

I noticed another one of the “little things” from another player – McBean. McBean is always among the first in line for every d-line drill. Sometimes these drills happen so fast the guys in the back don’t even get to do them, and you get the sense that some of them, like Marcus Thomas, are perfectly happy being last in line and missing another reason to move their legs. McBean shows that he wants it, and so I’m rooting for him.

That's Req's website, right?

lex
08-05-2009, 03:01 PM
Another brown noser. Does anyone want to bet that Engelberger was probably this guy in recent years?

Rudeboy
08-05-2009, 06:36 PM
You are very misinformed.

Clady has stoned pretty much everyone all the time. Maybe 2 or 3 times in all the drills has his man got past him.

Concerning Thomas, I havent noticed him dogging it during conditioning drills at all.

I doubt that im 'misinformed' since multiple sources (to include Broncotalk and BroncoCountry) guys that are attending the camps are passing this info on.

Broncoman13
08-05-2009, 06:42 PM
I doubt that im 'misinformed' since multiple sources (to include Broncotalk and BroncoCountry) guys that are attending the camps are passing this info on.

Drills only tell part of the story... how does their play transition to the field in team vs team work? I can tell you first hand (I was standing about 12 yards away watching) that Marcus Thomas didn't take a single rep when Coach Nunnely was going through screen protections. A couple of the rookies went through it with Peterson play "offense". They rotated through a few different players. Marcus Thomas proceeded to do EXACTLY as instructed on the field when the First Team O was playing vs the First Team D. Guess what, he was the ONLY DLineman to blow up the screen. He's also been one of the few to consistently take the coaching and apply it on the field. Batted balls, play recognition, and ultimately overall play improvement is all I've seen from Marcus Thomas. He may be lazy, but he is listening an applying the good coaching that he is finally receiving.

Rudeboy
08-05-2009, 07:01 PM
Drills only tell part of the story... how does their play transition to the field in team vs team work? I can tell you first hand (I was standing about 12 yards away watching) that Marcus Thomas didn't take a single rep when Coach Nunnely was going through screen protections. A couple of the rookies went through it with Peterson play "offense". They rotated through a few different players. Marcus Thomas proceeded to do EXACTLY as instructed on the field when the First Team O was playing vs the First Team D. Guess what, he was the ONLY DLineman to blow up the screen. He's also been one of the few to consistently take the coaching and apply it on the field. Batted balls, play recognition, and ultimately overall play improvement is all I've seen from Marcus Thomas. He may be lazy, but he is listening an applying the good coaching that he is finally receiving.

Im glad he is listening because frankly that is what he is paid to do, my problem is the fact that he is lazy...

The very fact that he was the only Dlineman that could not pass the conditioning test that he was informed all about prior to attending camp.
And the very fact that more then one person has commented about him being in no rush to participate in drills concerns me. Thats all im saying.

Rock Chalk
08-05-2009, 07:03 PM
Im glad he is listening because frankly that is what he is paid to do, my problem is the fact that he is lazy...

The very fact that he was the only Dlineman that could not pass the conditioning test that he was informed all about prior to attending camp.
And the very fact that more then one person has commented about him being in no rush to participate in drills concerns me. Thats all im saying.

Have you been to camp?

I havent seen him being lazy.

IN fact the ONLY person I saw being lazy was David Bruton.

Rudeboy
08-05-2009, 07:08 PM
Have you been to camp?

I havent seen him being lazy.

IN fact the ONLY person I saw being lazy was David Bruton.

No I havent but I have been reading every blog/report I can get my hands on. I have heard about Bruton dogging it too in sprints.

This is the last time im posting, you people seem to want to attack on this site.

elsid13
08-05-2009, 07:12 PM
No I havent but I have been reading every blog/report I can get my hands on. I have heard about Bruton dogging it too in sprints.

This is the last time im posting, you people seem to want to attack on this site.

thanks for coming.

DHallblows
08-05-2009, 07:26 PM

LOL What?! You have absolutely no idea what attacking he is capable of. He didn't even use the language filter...
Get your thin skinned ass outta here if "You are very misinformed" is insulting to you.

Blueflame
08-05-2009, 07:29 PM

You just might need a tad thicker skin to hang here on the Mane, Rudeboy. It's noteworthy however that the posters you're referring to as "wanting to attack" have been in training camp at every possible opportunity and are merely saying that the information you've posted is totally contrary to what they've seen with their own eyes. If what you've read elsewhere is inaccurate, wouldn't you want to know that? I certainly would.

s0phr0syne
08-05-2009, 07:33 PM
I kind of see where he's coming from, in that he was merely basing his position off of what other people, who ALSO were at camp saw and reported.

It's a little foolhardy to think that our camp reporters view is the only one; there's many other sites out there providing similar information, although we all know the OM has been doing it better and longer than most others.

I personally put more stock in certain observers over others.

TheReverend
08-05-2009, 08:07 PM

http://i44.tinypic.com/200chaq.gif