PDA

View Full Version : Chris Meyers gets injured, could be serious.

cutthemdown
08-04-2009, 02:45 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/08/04/texans-starting-center-goes-down/

The rash of early-camp injuries continued today, with the Texans losing center Chris Myers.

The duration of his absence isn't known.

"He got rolled up," coach Gary Kubiak said of the injury. "We were pretty sloppy this morning as a team, and we were on the play and the back got pushed into him and he got rolled up. So we'll sit here and hope for the best, go get a look at it."

The man who regularly presses his hands into Myers' nether regions echoed the concern. "He's a good friend of mine and I'm definitely concerned but hopefully it's not too serious and we'll be able to get him back out here soon," quarterback Matt Schaub said. "It's unfortunate that it happened the way it did but he's a tough guy and we're going to get him back out here."

Myers started 16 games for the Texans in 2008 after joining Houston as a free agent from Denver, where he started 16 games in 2007.

c_lazy_r
08-04-2009, 02:50 PM
Hope it's not serious. I always liked Myers.

521 1N5
08-04-2009, 02:51 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/08/04/texans-starting-center-goes-down/

The man who regularly presses his hands into Myers' nether regions echoed the concern. "He's a good friend of mine and I'm definitely concerned but hopefully it's not too serious and we'll be able to get him back out here soon," quarterback Matt Schaub said. "It's unfortunate that it happened the way it did but he's a tough guy and we're going to get him back out here."

Is that completely necessary? lmao

Ray Finkle
08-04-2009, 02:52 PM
liked Myers but never understood the fan boy crush on him. Good player but was looked at as a HOF here....

He is dad was nice though.

summerdenver
08-04-2009, 02:57 PM
Hope he can comeback well next year. I always liked Chris.

Northman
08-04-2009, 02:59 PM

That was my exact thought as well. Who wrote this? Dennis Leary?

cmhargrove
08-04-2009, 02:59 PM
Good luck Chris, hope its not too bad.

cutthemdown
08-04-2009, 03:08 PM

That's Florio. His style is the one of the little smart ass kid in grade school who even after you kicked his ass would stick his tounge out at you, flip you off, let air out of your bike tires and run home.

DomCasual
08-04-2009, 03:48 PM
Man, that sucks. I'm pulling for that team this year. I'm not sure how much more leash Kubiak has.

Pick Six
08-04-2009, 03:51 PM

Maybe not completely necessary. Just partially necessary...:clown: