PDA

View Full Version : John Clayton is a little b!tch - Hester = Royal/Bennett = Marshall + Royal

The MVPlaya
08-04-2009, 12:47 PM
I swear, I'd ****ing guerrilla stomp this b**** and stick him right back where he came from - his moms a-hole. He is so full of **** God probably felt bad for how he was treated his whole life that he's able to speak upon public sports.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp09/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=4375764

First off - Clayton is a Bronco hater and hated Cutler during his time here, and now he's on the Bears he wants to hop on his dick.

1. Cutler's arm is only part of the story: His knowledge of the passing game and receiving talent might equal his arm strength. Cutler and a bunch of his former Denver Broncos teammates remembered watching Eddie Royal make remarkable plays on special teams during the opening of 2008 organized team activities and telling Mike Shanahan, "Who's this guy? I think we need to get him over here." Within days, Royal was working with the offense and ended up catching 91 passes. Cutler has a double gift. He knows where his receivers like to have the ball placed on throws. Plus, he can deliver those passes to the right location. For example, Cutler said Devin Hester likes lower throws, but the completions work best when he gets the pass off to him quicker. Because split end Earl Bennett played with Cutler at Vanderbilt, Cutler knows exactly the right places to make the most of Bennett's talents. To Cutler, Hester's skills resemble Royal's, and Bennett's is a hybrid of those of Royal and Brandon Marshall.So Royal is the result of Cutler huh? How about the fact that Jay was in front of an amazing line...?

Damn Clayton needs to get nailed in the head.

Chris
08-04-2009, 12:52 PM
I thought Clayton already had a pinhead ;)

SonOfLe-loLang
08-04-2009, 12:54 PM
wow, maybe Jay can cure cancer too!

lex
As lame as it is to agree with somone who calls himself "Playa", you have a point. He does seem to pile on regardless of the circumstances.

You should save that link in your favorites and if its wrong, post this link every time someone refers to Clayton.

Pseudofool
I don't like Cutler or Clayton. But "resemble" is a lukewarm word, and does not indicate that the players being compared are equal.

The MVPlaya
08-04-2009, 01:00 PM
I don't like Cutler or Clayton. But "resemble" is a lukewarm word, and does not indicate that the players being compared are equal.

Regardless of what word he chooses to use, the fact that he spoke upon Hester and Bennett in a positive light in comparison to Royal/Marshall cannot be justified.

Bennett is a hybrid of Marshall and Royal? ... :rofl:

PRBronco
08-04-2009, 01:03 PM
I'm not gonna lie, I only read this thread because there was such intriguing math in the title.

Bigdawg26
08-04-2009, 01:04 PM
Although I do believe that Jay Culter is a great QB, I don't like Clayton to much and calling the Bears WR's a royal clone and a hybrid of royal/marshall is a bit of exaggeration. MAYBE a stokley clone for bennet

Atlas
08-04-2009, 01:09 PM
Really I think Cutler hatred is really taken to extremes.

I don't see anything wrong with this statement.

To Cutler, Hester's skills resemble Royal's, and Bennett's is a hybrid of those of Royal and Brandon Marshall.

NOWHERE did Clayton say Hester and Bennett werer better or even AS good as Royal and Masrhall. He just stated they had similar skill sets.

Come on get real guys.

Br0nc0Buster
08-04-2009, 01:10 PM
The Cryptkeeper was all over the Raiders bandwagon last year convinced they would make the playoffs so yeah its safe to say he is not the most knowledgable when it comes to football

Beantown Bronco
08-04-2009, 01:11 PM

To Cutler, Hester's skills resemble Royal's, and Bennett's is a hybrid of those of Royal and Brandon Marshall.

NOWHERE did Clayton say Hester and Bennett werer better or even AS good as Royal and Masrhall. He just stated they had similar skill sets.

Come on get real guys.

But....but....by saying that his arm is stronger than Elway's, that means he said he's better than Elway. You just don't get it, Atlas.

underrated29
08-04-2009, 01:11 PM
Yeah, we've gone through this before. Its because the guy is so dam weird looking. Same thing with kiper and his overrated hair.

It sucks because they are morons and look so effing stupid and they have a job that seemingly we could do just as well, but it also gives us something to laugh at.

He and Gilbert godfrey are the two people who i think will be virgins their whole lives.

Archer81
08-04-2009, 01:13 PM
I am sure Jay is the only reason Royal was an opening day starter. Heaven forbid the scouts and film and interviews of him making him a 2nd round pick had nothing to do with it...

:Broncos:

Traveler
08-04-2009, 01:14 PM
Don't care much for Clayton, but I 'd rather read what has has to say than watch him.

Just waiting for time that little spit ball that forms in the corner of his mouth or bottom lip goes flying into the camera. YUCK!

Archer81
08-04-2009, 01:15 PM
Don't care much for Clayton, but I 'd rather read what has has to say the watch him.

Just waiting for time that little spit ball that forms in the corner of his mouth or bottom lip goes flying into the camera. YUCK!

He looks like the counselor from south park...mmmkay...

Popps
08-04-2009, 01:17 PM
I already killed the "QB makes the WR" myth on another thread, so I won't rehash it. But, suffice to say, Royal will be just fine, no matter who's throwing him the ball.

Cutler will put up fine numbers in Chicago. He's still a questionable leader and still has a lot to prove.

I wouldn't trade what's happened this off-season for where we were on the last game of last season.

Time to move forward, and build a real franchise.

The MVPlaya
08-04-2009, 01:18 PM

Come on get real guys.

Because someone doesn't say specifically Hester > Royal or Bennett > Royal + Marshall means that what he's saying makes sense?

Seriously, instead being your average internet poster by analyzing the grammar, let's actually analyze the context.

Hester's skills resemble Royal's. Really? In what way? He's fast - that's about it when you compare him with Royal. And even here - Hester is a lot faster...

Bennett is a hybrid of Royal and Marshall... I don't even know where to begin with this one - but I know where to end - IT MAKES NO ****ING SENSE.

Why is Hester and Bennett in the same breath as Marshall and Royal?

Archer81
08-04-2009, 01:20 PM
http://tinyurl.com/mm5c79

John Clayton, ESPN...

The MVPlaya
08-04-2009, 01:24 PM
As lame as it is to agree with somone who calls himself "Playa", you have a point. He does seem to pile on regardless of the circumstances.

You should save that link in your favorites and if its wrong, post this link every time someone refers to Clayton.
Clayton is not worthy of a bookmark spot.

jutang
08-04-2009, 01:33 PM
I didn't see any disrespect in that quote regarding Hester, Bennett to Royal, Marshall... some posters are reading way too far into this...

I resemble Jerry Rice in that I have two arms, 10 fingers, and on some occasion have even caught a football.

BroncoLifer
08-04-2009, 01:36 PM

Come on get real guys.

He didn't even do that. Actually, Clayton is saying that CUTLER thinks they have similar skill sets.

KevinJames
08-04-2009, 01:43 PM
Clayton will say and do anything as long as it involves bashing the Broncos.

El Guapo
08-04-2009, 01:58 PM
wow, maybe Jay can cure cancer too!

He's got to work on diabetes first.

telluride
08-04-2009, 02:04 PM
He's got to work on diabetes first.

Also, alcoholism.

broncofan2438
08-04-2009, 02:07 PM

hahaha, yup. I hate both people, hate is a strong word

footstepsfrom#27
08-04-2009, 02:33 PM
Hester hasn't proven it yet but there's every possibility he has a break out year. Keep in mind this guy will get better since he just switched over from DB to WR...then caught 51 passes...that's pretty stout if you ask me and having a much better arm will bump his stats up. It would not surprise me if he emerges as a real deep threat. It would also not surprise me if Bennett makes a leap up the chart...Cutler does have confidence in him from Vandy. It's to much to equate them right now with this combination we have but I think those two are probably pretty good receivers.

supermanhr9
08-04-2009, 03:16 PM
Clayton is an idiot and a true Bronco hater just like Phil Simms. Hopefully this year Phil will take it easy on us because we have his son on our roster, or hate us even more!

Archer81
08-04-2009, 03:18 PM
Clayton is an idiot and a true Bronco hater just like Phil Simms. Hopefully this year Phil will take it easy on us because we have his son on our roster, or hate us even more!

Odd. I find Simms to be one of the most fair commentators in the game. His always humorous list of homoeroticisms is a crack up. ESPN is in CT, the bias is obviously towards teams east of the Mississippi. Always been that way and probably always will.

El Guapo
08-04-2009, 03:39 PM
No, I think Phil Simms hates the Broncos, too. Although that may change this season.

TheReverend
08-04-2009, 03:43 PM
Yeah, we've gone through this before. Its because the guy is so dam weird looking. Same thing with kiper and his overrated hair.

It sucks because they are morons and look so effing stupid and they have a job that seemingly we could do just as well, but it also gives us something to laugh at.

He and Gilbert godfrey are the two people who i think will be virgins their whole lives.

Gilbert is married with a kid, fyi

supermanhr9
08-04-2009, 03:50 PM
He is so quick to talk about all the bad things about us, never any of the good. Loves to talk down about us, never optimistic about anything, however is very quick on the optimism part to anyone we are playing.

NUB
08-04-2009, 03:52 PM
Google images search:

http://www.theonion.com/content/files/images/John-Clayton.jpg

BroncoMan4ever
08-04-2009, 04:18 PM
Clayton is a douche. Hester isn't half the receiver Royal is, and Bennet couldn't hold Marshall's jock.

Cutler is in for a rude awakening when he gets into live game action and he sees the guys he is going to have to carry.

NUB
08-04-2009, 04:23 PM
Clayton is a douche. Hester isn't half the receiver Royal is, and Bennet couldn't hold Marshall's jock.

Cutler is in for a rude awakening when he gets into live game action and he sees the guys he is going to have to carry.

Yeah he's never been in that scenario before!

DivineLegion
08-04-2009, 05:52 PM
Not a very original concept for a story, NFL network ran a story about two days ago regarding Matt Ryan asking Tony Gonzelez where he likes the ball thrown, and Tony praising Ryans accuracy. For Clayton to run a similar story with less depth only days later spells a rip off.

BroncoMan4ever
08-04-2009, 11:14 PM
Yeah he's never been in that scenario before!

as rough as the SEC is and was when he played in college, there is still no comparison to what he will face in the NFL with ****ty receivers and no protection.

so many are quick to label Cutler a god before he even has a winning record, or does anything worth getting notice for, but with poor offensive coaches, no line and terrible receivers he is being set up to fail.

Bob's your Information Minister
08-04-2009, 11:50 PM
Not a very original concept for a story, NFL network ran a story about two days ago regarding Matt Ryan asking Tony Gonzelez where he likes the ball thrown, and Tony praising Ryans accuracy. For Clayton to run a similar story with less depth only days later spells a rip off.

Give me a break. :rofl:

footstepsfrom#27
08-05-2009, 12:17 AM
There's no question Hester is a very dangerous weapon with the ball in his hands. No matter what anyone says, making the jump from DB to WR and catching 51 balls his first year is a pretty exceptional achievement. Cutler's arm will take advantage of this guy's talents a lot more than Orton's did, and the jury's out of the Vandy kid but he was a 2nd round pick so just because he didn't break out as a rookie doesn't mean much. They have nice TE's and an RB who can catch...plus they've upgraded the line. I don't think they have as much talent as Denver had last year at the WR spot but they're not the dogs people in here keep saying they are. Whether they jump up this year or not really doesn't matter anyway since he's likely to be there for another 10-12 years.

BroncoMan4ever
08-05-2009, 12:28 AM
There's no question Hester is a very dangerous weapon with the ball in his hands. No matter what anyone says, making the jump from DB to WR and catching 51 balls his first year is a pretty exceptional achievement. Cutler's arm will take advantage of this guy's talents a lot more than Orton's did, and the jury's out of the Vandy kid but he was a 2nd round pick so just because he didn't break out as a rookie doesn't mean much. They have nice TE's and an RB who can catch...plus they've upgraded the line. I don't think they have as much talent as Denver had last year at the WR spot but they're not the dogs people in here keep saying they are. Whether they jump up this year or not really doesn't matter anyway since he's likely to be there for another 10-12 years.

nobody seems to recall that even if Hester becomes a great deep threat, Jay isn't very accurate on deep balls. he can chuck it 65 yards down the field but it isn't with a lot of accuracy.

also, with Olsen and Forte, those 2 main playmakers in the Bears offense, are not always going to be on Jay's radar. he still hasn't learned how to use his checkdowns or to take what the defense gives. he is always looking for the deep pass, or for his favorite target. he often will forego taking the short underneath routes with an open RB or TE and force into coverage for his favorite target

broncocalijohn
08-05-2009, 12:31 AM
Regardless, Hester is not a receiver in the same breath as Royal. If they are comparing return on punts/kick offs, then we can have a true topic debate. Now, if Cutler is the second coming, then Hester will shine his receiver skills during the season's games.

Greybeard
08-05-2009, 12:32 AM
I swear, I'd ****ing guerrilla stomp this b**** and stick him right back where he came from - his moms a-hole. He is so full of **** God probably felt bad for how he was treated his whole life that he's able to speak upon public sports.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp09/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=4375764

First off - Clayton is a Bronco hater and hated Cutler during his time here, and now he's on the Bears he wants to *** ** *** ****.

So Royal is the result of Cutler huh? How about the fact that Jay was in front of an amazing line...?

Wow, I'm glad you like Clayton.

Sure would hate to see it if you didn't. LOL

-----

footstepsfrom#27
08-05-2009, 12:37 AM
nobody seems to recall that even if Hester becomes a great deep threat, Jay isn't very accurate on deep balls. he can chuck it 65 yards down the field but it isn't with a lot of accuracy.

also, with Olsen and Forte, those 2 main playmakers in the Bears offense, are not always going to be on Jay's radar. he still hasn't learned how to use his checkdowns or to take what the defense gives. he is always looking for the deep pass, or for his favorite target. he often will forego taking the short underneath routes with an open RB or TE and force into coverage for his favorite target
And of course Cutler has had only 2 1/2 seasons to learn on the field...meaning he's not exactly a finished product yet. He's bound to improve. Second, having a deep threat doesn't mean the guy has to run a deep post every play. He only has to have the threat to loosen the underneath zones. Plummer sucked at the deep ball, but the threat of Ashley Lelie down field in 2005 helped open the underneath zones. None-the-less, Hester will certainly be able to take advantage of Cutlers stronger arm, even if it's 25 yards down field instead of 60. This idea he's going to fail miserably in Chicago is wishful thinking. Like him or not, the guy has major talent and the Bears will build around him, if not this year, then certainly down the road.

footstepsfrom#27
08-05-2009, 12:42 AM
Regardless, Hester is not a receiver in the same breath as Royal. If they are comparing return on punts/kick offs, then we can have a true topic debate. Now, if Cutler is the second coming, then Hester will shine his receiver skills during the season's games.
We don't really know what Hester is as a receiver. Royal wasn't known as a great receiver in college either, and if Hester can catch 51 from Orton in his first season playing WR after being a DB before that, then who knows what he does his next year playing with a better QB? Hester could easily match Eddie's numbers this year, especially since the Broncos won't be throwing it anywhere near as often with a stronger running game. Mix in more passes to the RB's and Royal might drop to 70 catches or even less.

Taco John
08-05-2009, 12:52 AM
Am I the only one here trying to make this math work?

baja
08-05-2009, 01:27 AM
Is this a pre training camp thread that got bumped, geez!

BroncoMan4ever
08-05-2009, 01:38 AM
And of course Cutler has had only 2 1/2 seasons to learn on the field...meaning he's not exactly a finished product yet. He's bound to improve. Second, having a deep threat doesn't mean the guy has to run a deep post every play. He only has to have the threat to loosen the underneath zones. Plummer sucked at the deep ball, but the threat of Ashley Lelie down field in 2005 helped open the underneath zones. None-the-less, Hester will certainly be able to take advantage of Cutlers stronger arm, even if it's 25 yards down field instead of 60. This idea he's going to fail miserably in Chicago is wishful thinking. Like him or not, the guy has major talent and the Bears will build around him, if not this year, then certainly down the road.

that is an interesting point. it can be said that coaching is what helps a QB evolve from just a young QB with loads of potential into a perenial pro bowler and elite QB. Chicago isn't exactly known for it's offensive coaching or ability. Grossman, while he isn't the greatest QB to put on a helmet, he was a 1st round talent, and Chicago's coaching staff couldn't make anything out of him. Cutler is a little bit farther ahead in his development, but is still far from being polished, also statistically it can be said he hasn't gotten any better his entire time in the NFL.

forgetting the lack of protection and weapons to help him, how is he going to be expected to take the next step in becoming an elite QB if he isn't receiving good coaching? i loved the guy while he was in Denver, but i truly believe he is in for a rough time in CHicago and with their staff, it is very possible that he is as mature as a QB as he will ever be.

and i am not tricking myself into believing he is going to fail miserably the way many people are, i just have absolutely no faith that he will be anything special in Chicago.

Kaylore
08-05-2009, 01:47 AM

Simms is pretty objective. Bronco fans hate him because he beat us in the super bowl.

The MVPlaya
08-05-2009, 01:55 AM
footsteps -

Hester does have talent and that is speed. He came into Miami as a WR so this guy isn't exactly "new" to his position. Hester is definitely a deep threat, more so than any of our players when it comes to flat our burning the defense.

Devin Hester was forced into the Bears offense because they're WR's sucked ass and they needed to find a way for him to be effective - not because of his talent as a starting WR.

We'll see what Cutler can do without an amazing oline...

ELEVATION
08-05-2009, 04:22 AM

First off - Clayton is a Bronco hater and hated Cutler during his time here, and now he's on the Bears he wants to *** ** *** ****.

So Royal is the result of Cutler huh? How about the fact that Jay was in front of an amazing line...?

LOL the excerpt you identified and then highlighted a sentence from started withTO CUTLER , a simple man would understand that cutler is making the comparison not Clayton....lol

hester is a playmaker with return ability, so is royal......the bennet/marshall comaprison is just because cutler is boys with bennet and misses marshall and is mad at denver still....lol

either way it doesnt matter, cutler knows damn well neither hester or bennet compare to eddie royal and marshall....he just has to be political and give team worthy soundbites....lol

The MVPlaya
08-05-2009, 04:25 AM
LOL the excerpt you identified and then highlighted a sentence from started withTO CUTLER , a simple man would understand that cutler is making the comparison not Clayton....lol

hester is a palymaker with return ability, so is royal......the bennet marshall comaprison is just becasue cutelr is boys with bennet and misses marshall and is mad at denver still....lol

I actually went on a search to see if there are reports of Cutler saying anything like that and I didn't find any. Either way - Clayton is saying that in agreement. He's not talking about the downgrade of WR's Cutler's working with, rather he's talking about what Royal was before Cutler, etc.

Clayton is a pure hater, plain and simple.

footstepsfrom#27
08-05-2009, 04:32 AM
that is an interesting point. it can be said that coaching is what helps a QB evolve from just a young QB with loads of potential into a perenial pro bowler and elite QB. Chicago isn't exactly known for it's offensive coaching or ability. Grossman, while he isn't the greatest QB to put on a helmet, he was a 1st round talent, and Chicago's coaching staff couldn't make anything out of him. Cutler is a little bit farther ahead in his development, but is still far from being polished, also statistically it can be said he hasn't gotten any better his entire time in the NFL.
Cutler is more than "a little farther ahead" of Grossman...who are you trying to kid? And it's not true that he hasn't gotten any better...that's just nonsense. If Chicago hasn't developed anybody lately it's maybe because they haven't had anyone to develop...simple enough.
forgetting the lack of protection and weapons to help him, how is he going to be expected to take the next step in becoming an elite QB if he isn't receiving good coaching? i loved the guy while he was in Denver, but i truly believe he is in for a rough time in CHicago and with their staff, it is very possible that he is as mature as a QB as he will ever be.
Please...gimme a break. Some of you will conceive of any BS you can think of to down this guy. You don't think the Bears are capable of finding him a QB coach who can develop him...REALLY? That's what you honestly believe...that they won't be able to find a QB coach who wants to work with Jay Cutler? As for the protection, getting Pace will help considerably and they've shored up some of the other spots as well. Will he be Manning this year? Maybe not but he's got another decade or more in this league.
and i am not tricking myself into believing he is going to fail miserably the way many people are, i just have absolutely no faith that he will be anything special in Chicago.
No you're tricking yourself.

footstepsfrom#27
08-05-2009, 04:36 AM
footsteps -

Hester does have talent and that is speed. He came into Miami as a WR so this guy isn't exactly "new" to his position. Hester is definitely a deep threat, more so than any of our players when it comes to flat our burning the defense.

Devin Hester was forced into the Bears offense because they're WR's sucked ass and they needed to find a way for him to be effective - not because of his talent as a starting WR.

We'll see what Cutler can do without an amazing oline...
Hester hadn't played WR since his freshman season at Miami if memory serves...quite a bit different than doing it in the NFL. So I discount that argument...fact is the guy is electrifying with the ball and once he starts to get it as a WR, he may prove just as explosive. You have to give him another year or so before we know what he is, but even with Orton and his first year in the NFL at WR catching 51 is not bad. As for the O-line...Jay's sack numbers were low...true enough. Part of that was his doing as well as the lines. Pace will help...you think they won't build around Cutler? Maybe it takes them a couple years...but so what?

Broncos_OTM
08-05-2009, 05:36 AM
i aggree hester has the chance to be as good as eddie.but you cannot compare eddie in the return game.

now the bennet comparison makes me lol.

TonyR
08-05-2009, 06:59 AM
Some of you will conceive of any BS you can think of to down this guy.

My goodness, did you stay up all night, tossing and turning at the thought of people saying things about your beloved Jay Cutler? Why do you go to such lengths to defend the guy? You're putting yourself in a position where you can't win either way.

ELEVATION
08-05-2009, 08:17 AM
I actually went on a search to see if there are reports of Cutler saying anything like that and I didn't find any. Either way - Clayton is saying that in agreement. He's not talking about the downgrade of WR's Cutler's working with, rather he's talking about what Royal was before Cutler, etc.

Clayton is a pure hater, plain and simple.

lol this is true and i wasnt discrediting that i just think in this instance the way the article reads implies cutler is the one making the comparison, while clayton is just reportin gwhat he heard....

i think cutler is just giving soundbites....lol

rastaman
08-05-2009, 08:39 AM
I already killed the "QB makes the WR" myth on another thread, so I won't rehash it. But, suffice to say, Royal will be just fine, no matter who's throwing him the ball.

Cutler will put up fine numbers in Chicago. He's still a questionable leader and still has a lot to prove.

I wouldn't trade what's happened this off-season for where we were on the last game of last season.

Time to move forward, and build a real franchise.

The Bears feel they have moved forward as a franchise by trading for Cutler who they believe is a franchise QB.

Whereas, Bowlen believes he's rebuilding his franchise by hiring a 30 something HC and a lower tier stop gap QB who the Bears had no confidence in.

So only time will tell whether the Broncos or Bears made the right choices 5years from now.

The MVPlaya
08-05-2009, 10:36 AM
Hester hadn't played WR since his freshman season at Miami if memory serves...quite a bit different than doing it in the NFL. So I discount that argument...fact is the guy is electrifying with the ball and once he starts to get it as a WR, he may prove just as explosive. You have to give him another year or so before we know what he is, but even with Orton and his first year in the NFL at WR catching 51 is not bad. As for the O-line...Jay's sack numbers were low...true enough. Part of that was his doing as well as the lines. Pace will help...you think they won't build around Cutler? Maybe it takes them a couple years...but so what?

Are you John Clayton? Seriously, how did this go to you defending the Bears o-line and talking about Orlando Pace?

Hester came into the NFL being an electrifying talent with the ball...and? Are you surprised? You talking as if this guy was a pure defensive player turned into a offensive weapon. Sure it was his first full year in the NFL as a WR - did he not line up there in 2007? He ended 07 at WR anyways. Seriously, this guy caught 51 balls and you're making a huge deal...

Jay's sack numbers were low and part of it was his well doing as well as the lines? You're starting to sound like a Jay homer. If you watched every single game - you'd know it's WAY MORE OF THE LINE'S credit than it is to Jay. Jay got a lot of time back there most of the season... sometimes it'd be ridiculous. This isn't just about sack numbers - this is about the time he had to throw the ball. I'm not even talking about sack numbers anyways - regardless he had a lot of time back there most/all season long.

No **** they will build around Cutler? It might take a couple years but what does this have to do with anything but you being a Jay Cutlover?

By the sounds of it , you're making it seem like Cutler isn't having much of a drop off in offensive talent... or that Cutler will turn Hester into Royal and Bennett into Marshall + Royal. I'm not sure what you're trying to prove. Hester is an explosive player? I agree. But he can't touch Eddie Royal in terms of being a WR...

You want to talk about receptions, Eddie Royal had 91 for his rookie year... go take a look @ some elite WR's and see where that stacks up.

SportinOne
08-05-2009, 03:21 PM
L.O.L. at all of you bitter Cutler ex-wives.

Cutler wasn't saying anything about the Broncos. He was being optimistic about his receivers. It's a damn fluff piece, just like half of the camp reports that come out for our guys.

Let A = Hester
Let B = Royal
Let C = Small, Highly Agile, and Supremely Fast

If: A = C, and B = C
Then:by some property of math that I forgot sometime between now and grade school... A = B

Then: Hester = Royal, in that they have very similar skill sets.

Royal is way more polished, considering the fact that he's beeing playing WR much longer. Hester has less than 3 years of experience at the position. I don't think he'll turn out to be quite as good as Royal but he's similar.

SportinOne
08-05-2009, 03:28 PM
My goodness, did you stay up all night, tossing and turning at the thought of people saying things about your beloved Jay Cutler? Why do you go to such lengths to defend the guy? You're putting yourself in a position where you can't win either way.

When does anyone ever "win" on an internet forum?

I thought he brought up some great points FWIW.

A lot of people here are saying some real crazy things just because Cutler doesn't play in Denver anymore. He's a good QB with potential to be the top guy in the league if he puts it all together. No one in the NFL right now has a better skill set. For anyone to EXPECT him to fail is lunacy.