PDA

View Full Version : Thank You Thread for all the OM Camp Reporters

telluride
08-03-2009, 11:37 PM
Just a little love for all the people putting in the hours to bring us news. I'm in the Bay Area, following camp from afar, and it's been great. Much appreciated.

Also: exciting camp thus far!

iDENVER
08-03-2009, 11:38 PM
yup keep up the great work

Los Broncos
08-03-2009, 11:47 PM
But ups to all on the reports, I cant thank you enough.

BroncoDoug
08-04-2009, 12:24 AM
Yeah, they are fun to read. And fun to hang out at camp and talk to people who actually enjoy the broncos and know what they are talking about! (i've had people ask if chad jackson, a black WR with dreadlocks, was Jake Plummer because he wore 16...) Montrose is also trying to convince each fan one by one to love McD, we'll see how that goes, he is pretty convincing.

Popps
08-04-2009, 12:45 AM
Montrose is also trying to convince each fan one by one to love McD, we'll see how that goes, he is pretty convincing.

:spit:

Montrose is the man. He's got a homer-streak, and that's just fine by me.

minibronco
08-04-2009, 01:16 AM
Thank you guys!

Hogan11
08-04-2009, 01:20 AM
Can't say it enough, all you do is greatly appeciated!!!

Killericon
08-04-2009, 01:27 AM
Co-Sign.

Nordcore
08-04-2009, 02:02 AM
thanks a lot

FireFly
08-04-2009, 03:56 AM
I love you guys! :)

You are BRILLIANT.

montrose
08-04-2009, 03:58 AM
:spit:

Montrose is the man. He's got a homer-streak, and that's just fine by me.

One sale at a time baby.

cousinal11
08-04-2009, 05:58 AM
Thanks guys. I pretty much lurk all day waiting on these reports. Much more in depth than anything else I sift through on the net.

i4jelway7
08-04-2009, 06:00 AM
all the OM training camp reports make the days tolerable, much appreciation to all that provide!

e-mac
08-04-2009, 06:08 AM
Thank you OM posters at training camp this year your hard work is not in vein.

titan
08-04-2009, 06:27 AM
When I first discovered the Mane a couple of years ago I was amazed at the depth and quality of the training camp reports. The tradition continues - this year's are better than ever!

CEH
08-04-2009, 06:34 AM
Enjoy reading the reports as well.
Who cares about the press passes
You started the TC reports and now it is on the the "next big thing".

Be Apple to everyone elses Microsoft

broncobum6162
08-04-2009, 06:37 AM
I'm jealous guys! Wish I could be there w/ you checking out the camp. I really do appreciate all you do, taking the time to take notes along w/ watching and then actually doing a report. Not sure if I have the patience for it. Keep up the great work fellas and I do look forward to your reports daily!

tnedator
08-04-2009, 06:44 AM
I endorse this thread....

Seriously, great work guys.

Cito Pelon
08-04-2009, 07:28 AM
Yup, thanks for the effort and info. It certainly livens up the interest along with the radio reports from camp.

DenverBrit
08-04-2009, 07:50 AM
The reports are greatly appreciated, nice work guys, thanks!! :thumbsup: :welcome:

JLesSPE
08-04-2009, 07:53 AM
All your hard work is very appreciated, thanks!

Steve Prefontaine
08-04-2009, 07:55 AM
cosigned. Thanks for all the hard work guys.

alkemical
08-04-2009, 09:13 AM
Thanks y'all.

outdoor_miner
08-04-2009, 09:19 AM
Yes! This is what hooked me onto the mane back in ought 6... The reports are significantly better than anything else out there, and I truly believe that you all have helped up the quality of local mainstream media reporting (they still look like ass in comparison, though).

Again - great job! Your work is truly appreciated. :woowoo:

Irish Stout
08-04-2009, 09:24 AM
First, before I dish out the deserving gratitude, I have to say: SCREW YOU GUYS for not taking me with you.

Now, sincerely, thanks for taking the time to update us every day after you've been out in the hot Denver sun all day. I know that it can't be that much fun to condense what you've witnessed throughout the day to words, but you do a fantastic job of it and we all really really appreciate it.

Broncoman13
08-04-2009, 09:28 AM
Yeah, they are fun to read. And fun to hang out at camp and talk to people who actually enjoy the broncos and know what they are talking about! (i've had people ask if chad jackson, a black WR with dreadlocks, was Jake Plummer because he wore 16...) Montrose is also trying to convince each fan one by one to love McD, we'll see how that goes, he is pretty convincing.

Between me, Raj, and Apa... we'll have everyone convinced by Sept! ;D

Seriously, right now is when we see McD pay off. He's a helluva coach and it's already showing.

Broncoman13
08-04-2009, 09:30 AM
First, before I dish out the deserving gratitude, I have to say: SCREW YOU GUYS for not taking me with you.

Now, sincerely, thanks for taking the time to update us every day after you've been out in the hot Denver sun all day. I know that it can't be that much fun to condense what you've witnessed throughout the day to words, but you do a fantastic job of it and we all really really appreciate it.

Where are you at?

broncofan2438
08-04-2009, 11:47 AM
Thanks guys....Reports are awesome

Where is the 8/4/09 AM Report?????

Taco John
08-04-2009, 11:55 AM
There is no AM practice today.

broncofan2438
08-04-2009, 12:00 PM

Ohhhhh, thats right! dam, I was really hoping to get some updates on Ayers

broncosteven
08-04-2009, 12:03 PM
Between me, Raj, and Apa... we'll have everyone convinced by Sept! ;D

Seriously, right now is when we see McD pay off. He's a helluva coach and it's already showing.

I don't care about Septemeber, he, the Broncos HC, needs to prove he is worth the purges in Nov and Dec. If competitive then, or even a light at the end of the tunnel then I will jump on his bandwagon.

He has to earn it though.

Oh and thanks for the reports.

Broncoman13
08-04-2009, 12:12 PM

Yeah, I almost learned that one the hard way. ;D

Broncoman13
08-04-2009, 12:16 PM
I don't care about Septemeber, he, the Broncos HC, needs to prove he is worth the purges in Nov and Dec. If competitive then, or even a light at the end of the tunnel then I will jump on his bandwagon.

He has to earn it though.

Oh and thanks for the reports.

That's about where I'm at with the output/product. I know that I have to have tempered expectations in his rookie year... one that features a brutal schedule. We have a nine game stretch where the easiest game we have is at KC. AT KC Pat Bowlen expect that we win 6 of those games. He said a split isn't going to put us where we need to be and while I agree, I am not quite as optimistic as he. Considering all of the changes and the brutal schedule I will have (or try to have) a bit more patience. If the team looks like they are over achieving I will be thrilled. In fact, overachieving is about what I expect. We can go 6-10 and be in every game and I will be okay with it...

broncosteven
08-04-2009, 12:27 PM
That's about where I'm at with the output/product. I know that I have to have tempered expectations in his rookie year... one that features a brutal schedule. We have a nine game stretch where the easiest game we have is at KC. AT KC Pat Bowlen expect that we win 6 of those games. He said a split isn't going to put us where we need to be and while I agree, I am not quite as optimistic as he. Considering all of the changes and the brutal schedule I will have (or try to have) a bit more patience. If the team looks like they are over achieving I will be thrilled. In fact, overachieving is about what I expect. We can go 6-10 and be in every game and I will be okay with it...

I think 6-10 would be about right and I would be at peace with it as long as there are glimpses (or should I say Gleam) of progress along the way.

broncofan2438
08-04-2009, 12:37 PM
I think 10-6 would be about right and I would be at peace with it as long as there are glimpses (or should I say Gleam) of progress along the way.

I fixed it for you bud

Taco John
08-04-2009, 12:42 PM
I know that I have to have tempered expectations in his rookie year...

Why? Slowick was crucified after one season in the DC role, and that's after him saying during training camp that they didn't have the personnel to install his scheme. I don't understand why we'd have to temper expectations from a guy who has direct control of the roster when we were willing to cut a guy off at the knees who didn't.

Plus, look at Miami and Atlanta last year. I don't see why playoff expectations are out of line for us here.

...and also, thanks again to our camp reporters... :)

Cito Pelon
08-04-2009, 01:10 PM

I'm wondering if it's all that brutal . . .

alkemical
08-04-2009, 01:11 PM
Why? Slowick was crucified after one season in the DC role, and that's after him saying during training camp that they didn't have the personnel to install his scheme. I don't understand why we'd have to temper expectations from a guy who has direct control of the roster when we were willing to cut a guy off at the knees who didn't.

Plus, look at Miami and Atlanta last year. I don't see why playoff expectations are out of line for us here.

That's because slowick sucked.

broncosteven
08-04-2009, 02:18 PM
Not to be a total ass but wasn't there another thank-you thread a day or 2 ago?

alkemical
08-04-2009, 02:24 PM
Not to be a total ass but wasn't there another thank-you thread a day or 2 ago?

you ungrateful bitch... ;)

*kidding....sorta..haha

Broncoman13
08-04-2009, 09:50 PM

B/c I'm looking for a pulse. If the temperature of the team is rising and we are on the right track, I can take a losing season. Rebuilding year, new coaches, new personnel all over, and a brutal schedule. I'm looking for a strong second half. If we play well and lose close games, I'll stick on the bandwagon. If we're getting pounded and the team is giving up, I'll change my tune.

Cito Pelon
08-04-2009, 10:46 PM
B/c I'm looking for a pulse. If the temperature of the team is rising and we are on the right track, I can take a losing season. Rebuilding year, new coaches, new personnel all over, and a brutal schedule. I'm looking for a strong second half. If we play well and lose close games, I'll stick on the bandwagon. If we're getting pounded and the team is giving up, I'll change my tune.

Is it really all that brutal? I'm not saying it's a bunch of cupcakes, but I see no reason to be scared at this point. You attack and let the chips fall where they may.

broncosteven
08-05-2009, 02:25 AM
Is it really all that brutal? I'm not saying it's a bunch of cupcakes, but I see no reason to be scared at this point. You attack and let the chips fall where they may.

Miracles can happen, with our Dline talent we will need to hope that SD crumbles under Norv, and we split with them, we need to Sweep KFC, Oakland looks avg one week and bad the next, I hope for a split there, that is 4 games:

Cincy and Cleveland should be 1-1
Lets say we lose at Oak early 1 -2
We split Dallas and NE 2-3
We lose at Chuggers 2-4
BYE
we lose at Balt and Pitt 2-6
We steal a games vs SD and Wash at home 4-6
We split Giants and KFC 5-7
Unless Indy implodes worse than we did last year we split Indy and Oak 6-8
We split Philly and KFC making 7-9 a very good building point for next year.

If the Broncos win 2 or 3 games that they shouldn't have above and the Chuggers have been snakebit by Norv again we could contend for the Divion late in the year.

The run between week 4 through 16 will be brutal if we cannot take care of division games at home and steal or split a game with SD and Oakland like last year.

If we sweep the Division that gives us 6 wins, still need to come up with another 4-5 wins, I would preferr to see them come from home games in Nov.