PDA

View Full Version : How unique is Hillis?

lex
08-03-2009, 09:38 PM
Usually, guys that can run like him dont have soft hands. At least Im trying to think of someone who could but Im drawing a blank. Can you think of anyone who can run like him (physical bulldozer) and catch like him?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSjDe0WDuCg</EMBED></EMBED>

Meck77
08-03-2009, 09:48 PM
Not as quick but Tom Rathman came to my mind.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RY726D982B8&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RY726D982B8&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

UberBroncoMan
08-03-2009, 09:52 PM
Usually, guys that can run like him dont have soft hands. At least Im trying to think of someone who could but Im drawing a blank. Can you think of anyone who can run like him (physical bulldozer) and catch like him?

That one misses the late games though.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/48HAiaY3vps&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/48HAiaY3vps&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

lex
08-03-2009, 09:53 PM
Not as quick but Tom Rathman came to my mind.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RY726D982B8&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RY726D982B8&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Good call. Im not so sure Rathman could run or catch (time will tell) like Hillis, but I Rathman much closer than anyone I could think of.

Spider
08-03-2009, 09:56 PM
Rathman , Riggens , klinesaucer , Lorenzo neal ,Darrel Moose Johnson ...... our very own Howard Griffen

lex
08-03-2009, 09:57 PM

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/48HAiaY3vps&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/48HAiaY3vps&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I could watch this stuff all day. I chose my video though because it showed his catches against Miami, including the 40 something yard over the shoulder catch, which you never see from someone that is his size.

BroncoMan4ever
08-03-2009, 10:02 PM
as Spider mentioned, Griffith, our last badass FB had great hands and was a bulldozer for TD

lex
08-03-2009, 10:04 PM
as Spider mentioned, Griffith, our last badass FB had great hands and was a bulldozer for TD

No. Griffith was good at catching and a better blocker but you really wouldnt have expected him to line up at RB like Hillis can...and Hillis probably has better hands even though Griffith could catch.

Spider
08-03-2009, 10:05 PM

;D yeah thats it ....... i was watching family guy . my bad ;D

Br0nc0Buster
08-03-2009, 10:06 PM
I would rather have Hillis than Reggie Bush

tnedator
08-03-2009, 10:06 PM
Last year I was saying he could kind of be a cross between Rathman and Bavaro (I know Bavaro didn't rush). While Arkansas fans were telling me that if given a chance to rush the ball, he was going to impress (based on his year before Jones and McFadden were brought in).

They felt he would have been a dominant back in Arkansas, if they hadn't moved him to FB. As to receptions, he led the Razorbacks two of the four years he was in Ark.

Spider
08-03-2009, 10:07 PM
No. Griffith was good at catching and a better blocker but you really wouldnt have expected him to line up at RB like Hillis can...and Hillis probably has better hands even though Griffith could catch.

Oh Bull**** , Denver had TD , you would be a ****ing moron if you think Hillis is a starter with TD around ..........And I like Hillis .....

lex
08-03-2009, 10:14 PM
Last year I was saying he could kind of be a cross between Rathman and Bavaro (I know Bavaro didn't rush). While Arkansas fans were telling me that if given a chance to rush the ball, he was going to impress (based on his year before Jones and McFadden were brought in).

They felt he would have been a dominant back in Arkansas, if they hadn't moved him to FB. As to receptions, he led the Razorbacks two of the four years he was in Ark.

Yeah, and he was really the only receiving threat that last year when Monk went down. Between Casey Dick and no other WRs what he did at Arkansas in the passing game was impressive.

Ambiguous
08-03-2009, 10:15 PM

Great video. We REALLY missed the guy after the injury.

The Jets game highlights were so awesome - does anyone else remember reading ganggreen.com after that game and all the bitching about being torn apart by a white running back? My god that was comedy gold.

KevinJames
08-03-2009, 10:19 PM
Pretty damn unique!

http://static.nfl.com/static/content/catch_all/nfl_image/Peyton_Hillis_WIDE1202.jpg

I think having Pittman last year really benefited a lot because they have similar builds and run styles.

outdoor_miner
08-03-2009, 10:22 PM

Come on... I liked Howard Griffith, but he was nowhere near the talent that Hillis is. He was a blocking fullback (a damn good one) that caught the ball out of the backfield on deception plays. Hillis has the ability to be an elite power-runner and is an acrobatic receiver all over the field.

Like I said - I really like Howard Griffith, but you are greatly over-estimating his talent by comparing him to Hillis...

Rathman is the best comparison I've heard yet.

tnedator
08-03-2009, 10:26 PM
Yeah, and he was really the only receiving threat that last year when Monk went down. Between Casey Dick and no other WRs what he did at Arkansas in the passing game was impressive.

Yea, Dick coudln't do dick in the passing game. I think it was his junior year when they were playing Florida in the SEC championship. They have something like a 3rd and 5 with only a few minutes left in the game, and they went Wildhog, becuase they had no faith in Dick completing a 3rd down pass.

rugbythug
08-03-2009, 10:29 PM
Larry Centers

rugbythug
08-03-2009, 10:29 PM
I think McD Sees a White Kevin Faulk

KevinJames
08-03-2009, 10:39 PM
I think McD Sees a White Kevin Faulk

I think McD sees a white Marshall faulk :strong:

Los Broncos
08-03-2009, 11:07 PM
I like where he carries a Jet defender for a few yards.

tsiguy96
08-03-2009, 11:24 PM

the play at like :45 is awesome, clady is blocking a guy andhillis pushes him into another.

SouthStndJunkie
08-03-2009, 11:31 PM
That is a great highlight video.

Popps
08-03-2009, 11:38 PM
Watch the highlight reel above at 1:00 and check those few runs. It's runs like those that separate him from bruiser-types people want to compare him to. This isn't Mike Alstott, folks. Hillis has legitimate starting RB vision and moves. He's big, so he's not going to look like Barry Sanders when he runs, but this isn't a plodding back. He's got excellent body-control and awareness. He uses his blockers (even if he has to knock them over) and doesn't force things when they're not there.

Again, I think it's all just great that he can catch, block, kick, cook, paint and any other skills he may have. But, I want to see this guy lining up for at least 1/3rd of our carries. After watching him last year, there is absolutely no acceptable excuse for not giving this guy 10-15 carries a game, or more.

If Moreno is what I think he is... he and Hillis could be a brutally effective combo, much like Johnson/White in Tenn. Pepper in Buckhalter on third downs and for change of pace, and we'll run the ball down team's throats.

Archer81
08-04-2009, 12:05 AM
Oh Bull**** , Denver had TD , you would be a ****ing moron if you think Hillis is a starter with TD around ..........And I like Hillis .....

Agreed, but if you pair Hillis AND TD, might have prolonged TD's career. As for similar players, Peyton is alot like Mike Alstott.

:Broncos:

BroncoDoug
08-04-2009, 12:07 AM
I LOOOVE LOVE Love Hillis, he is just a football player, through and through. He never gives up on a play, and is so tough to bring down. He is the type of back that in the 4th quarter of wearing out defenses, he can shine. Nobody wants to tackle a Mack truck....

Mogulseeker
08-04-2009, 12:39 AM
For what it's worth, I've heard a lot of comparisons of Hillis to Mike Alstott

Popps
08-04-2009, 12:40 AM
For what it's worth, I've heard a lot of comparisons of Hillis to Mike Alstott

Not worth anything.

It's a really bad comparison, outside of them being white and big.

Killericon
08-04-2009, 12:42 AM
When we took him, I was pissed that we missed out on Owen Schmitt. Oops.

Archer81
08-04-2009, 12:53 AM
Not worth anything.

It's a really bad comparison, outside of them being white and big.

And having soft hands and a bruising running style. Is Hillis exactly Alstott? Not at all, but they are similar. Hillis also seems to be more explosive.

BroncoMan4ever
08-04-2009, 12:54 AM
Come on... I liked Howard Griffith, but he was nowhere near the talent that Hillis is. He was a blocking fullback (a damn good one) that caught the ball out of the backfield on deception plays. Hillis has the ability to be an elite power-runner and is an acrobatic receiver all over the field.

Like I said - I really like Howard Griffith, but you are greatly over-estimating his talent by comparing him to Hillis...

Rathman is the best comparison I've heard yet.

Griffith was a converted RB, meaning he had the necessary talent to carry the ball same as Hillis, and like Hillis he was a load coming out of the backfield that put defensive players on their ass, add in he had damn good hands out of the backfield and he was very similar to what Hillis is.

just because when he was here and we had TD running the ball doesn't mean he couldn't do what Hillis did last season.

He was in a situation where he was blocking for an elite RB and overshadowed, same as Hillis when he was in Arkansas, loads of talent but overshadowed.

BroncoMan4ever
08-04-2009, 12:55 AM

that's not saying much. i'd rather have Tatum Bell(2008 version) over Reggie Bush, now that is saying something

fdf
08-04-2009, 07:05 AM

He's the most uniqueist guy in the NFL. Much more unique than Kyle Orton, for example.

Seriously, we have a gem. I hope the new coaches find a way to use him a lot but keep him around for several years. He plays so hard.

alkemical
08-04-2009, 07:40 AM
Larry Centers

Nice!

Cito Pelon
08-04-2009, 07:59 AM

He's not "unique", but he's one of a few I've seen with the overall playing ability I've seen from him. Kudo's to the former staff for drafting him and working him into the O, and kudo's to the current staff for trying to use all his skills. He's certainly one of the most versatile players I've seen on the Broncs over the years. And not only versatile, but productive. He has the knack, that's for sure.

kamakazi_kal
08-04-2009, 08:04 AM
Man, I like Hillis but really, dude only had a handfull of games played. He's played well but I don't see him a really special at this point.

I'll need some more games out of him before I crown him anything.

His sister is hot though.

Cito Pelon
08-04-2009, 08:12 AM
Larry Centers

That's pretty good.

I compared Hillis to Mark Van Eeghen last year. Hillis is hard to categorize.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
08-04-2009, 08:21 AM
You can't qualify "unique." Something is either unique, or it isn't. There's no such thing as "more unique."

This grammar lesson is brought to you by the letter H.

Broncoman13
08-04-2009, 08:58 AM
He's not "unique", but he's one of a few I've seen with the overall playing ability I've seen from him. Kudo's to the former staff for drafting him and working him into the O, and kudo's to the current staff for trying to use all his skills. He's certainly one of the most versatile players I've seen on the Broncs over the years. And not only versatile, but productive. He has the knack, that's for sure.

A 240 lb FB that may have the best hands on the team. He runs tremendous routes and is often split out wide to leave a single back in the backfield. And then, he has the vision to flip inside and be that single back and be as effective as anyone on the team running the ball. He's capable of 5 ypc as a RB. He's capable of being a lead FB and opening holes. He's capable of being an H-Back and catching 50-70 balls a season. And you're telling me he's not unique? Frank Wycheck was considered by many to be the most adaptable player in the league for years and he was no where near as dynamic as Hillis. Hillis is unique in that he can play multiple positions and not just hold the position down, but be a weapon from that spot. I wonder if you know what the word unique means? Name another player that can do all that he does.

cmhargrove
08-04-2009, 09:05 AM
I am looking forward to a full healthy season, where he is now a consistent part of the team's game plan.

By the end of this season, we'll really know what we have in Hillis.

Broncoman13
08-04-2009, 09:34 AM
I am looking forward to a full healthy season, where he is now a consistent part of the team's game plan.

By the end of this season, we'll really know what we have in Hillis.

I get what you're saying, but go back to the first couple days of camp last year and look what I was reporting on Hillis. You could tell from the beginning that this kid was special. I get all of the, "gotta prove it on the field", "Gotta be consistent", "Gotta show it over the long haul" all of those arguements are valid. But I'm here to tell you... Peyton Hillis is a star in the making. Handsome kid that can play football and gives thanks to the lord everytime you talk to him... what's not to like again?

lex
08-04-2009, 09:39 AM
I get what you're saying, but go back to the first couple days of camp last year and look what I was reporting on Hillis. You could tell from the beginning that this kid was special. I get all of the, "gotta prove it on the field", "Gotta be consistent", "Gotta show it over the long haul" all of those arguements are valid. But I'm here to tell you... Peyton Hillis is a star in the making. Handsome kid that can play football and gives thanks to the lord everytime you talk to him... what's not to like again?

I think most of us already know that he can play.

55CrushEm
08-04-2009, 09:56 AM

I'd rather have him than Darren McFadden........4th overall vs. 227th overall in the draft.....funny.

There have been some great steals in the history of the NFL draft.....

Terrell Davis (6th round)
Tom Brady (6th round)
Shannon Sharpe (7th round)
Karl Mecklenburgh (12th round)
etc., etc.

Peyton Hillis is right up there in terms of great draft steals.......

Cito Pelon
08-04-2009, 09:57 AM
A 240 lb FB that may have the best hands on the team. He runs tremendous routes and is often split out wide to leave a single back in the backfield. And then, he has the vision to flip inside and be that single back and be as effective as anyone on the team running the ball. He's capable of 5 ypc as a RB. He's capable of being a lead FB and opening holes. He's capable of being an H-Back and catching 50-70 balls a season. And you're telling me he's not unique? Frank Wycheck was considered by many to be the most adaptable player in the league for years and he was no where near as dynamic as Hillis. Hillis is unique in that he can play multiple positions and not just hold the position down, but be a weapon from that spot. I wonder if you know what the word unique means? Name another player that can do all that he does.

Yah, after seeing whom others have compared Hillis to I'm moving toward the "unique" idea. The only player I could think of last year was Van Eeghen. http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/V/VanEMa00.htm

Larry Centers was about the best comparison so far in this thread, although the Alstott comparison has a little bit of merit, just a little bit. Earl Campbell had some good hands, maybe he's a good comparison. http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/C/CampEa00.htm

Hillis certainly has potential to be a great one, but he's hard to categorize at this point.

WyoLaw
08-04-2009, 10:02 AM
When we took him, I was pissed that we missed out on Owen Schmitt. Oops.

HA!! Me to. I really wanted Owen Schmitt. How wrong I was.

cmhargrove
08-04-2009, 10:04 AM

The last thing I have is doubt. I have been a believer since I first saw him take the field. I just mean that the coaches didn't necessarily game pan with him in mind until later in the season. This season, he will be a part of the offense from game one.

I'm excited too see that, and hope i'm buying his jersey later this season. You know, a year ago, we would have killed for the two headed rushing attack that Carolina had in Williams and Stewart. Now, we might just have that in Moreno and Hillis.

Spider
08-04-2009, 10:10 AM
Griffith was a converted RB, meaning he had the necessary talent to carry the ball same as Hillis, and like Hillis he was a load coming out of the backfield that put defensive players on their ass, add in he had damn good hands out of the backfield and he was very similar to what Hillis is.

just because when he was here and we had TD running the ball doesn't mean he couldn't do what Hillis did last season.

He was in a situation where he was blocking for an elite RB and overshadowed, same as Hillis when he was in Arkansas, loads of talent but overshadowed.

exactly ............

Spider
08-04-2009, 10:12 AM
Yah, after seeing whom others have compared Hillis to I'm moving toward the "unique" idea. The only player I could think of last year was Van Eeghen. http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/V/VanEMa00.htm

Larry Centers was about the best comparison so far in this thread, although the Alstott comparison has a little bit of merit, just a little bit. Earl Campbell had some good hands, maybe he's a good comparison. http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/C/CampEa00.htm

Hillis certainly has potential to be a great one, but he's hard to categorize at this point.
Larry Centers , I knew I forgot one .......... but yeah centers is in that class

lex
08-04-2009, 10:12 AM
HA!! Me to. I really wanted Owen Schmitt. How wrong I was.

Dont feel bad. Its not like the NFL teams knew what kind of a player Hillis was. If they did, theres no way he would have been selected so late.

lex
08-04-2009, 10:14 AM
I'd rather have him than Darren McFadden........4th overall vs. 227th overall in the draft.....funny.

There have been some great steals in the history of the NFL draft.....

Terrell Davis (6th round)
Tom Brady (6th round)
Shannon Sharpe (7th round)
Karl Mecklenburgh (12th round)
etc., etc.

Peyton Hillis is right up there in terms of great draft steals.......

No doubt. Now go tell that to all the people kvetching about our recent drafts.

BTW, youre not in Marblehead are you?

Spider
08-04-2009, 10:14 AM
Agreed, but if you pair Hillis AND TD, might have prolonged TD's career. As for similar players, Peyton is alot like Mike Alstott.

;D TD ended his career on a Griese interception , not sure how Hillis would have prevented that ...........Now that I think about it , didnt Hillis get hurt breaking up a would be interception from Cutler ?

Broncoman13
08-04-2009, 10:17 AM

Yeah, Wycheck is close as well though he didn't run the ball much. Larry Centers didn't have the same speed I don't think, but it is a good comp. Alstott didn't have the same speed and his hands weren't as good... though not many have the hands of a Peyton Hillis. I guess thats why I think of Frank Wycheck.

55CrushEm
08-04-2009, 10:17 AM

No.....I just moved to Danvers....on the Topsfield line. Are you in MA?

lex
08-04-2009, 10:20 AM
I think Alstott was more of an anvil than Hillis but I think Hillis is more agile and faster than Alstott even though a big part of Hillis' game is power. Also, if you go look at the clip of the over the shoulder catch that Hillis made in the Miami game, you have to question whether or not that was something Alstott was capable of doing. Plus there was the catch Hillis made along the sideline against Atlanta where he almost simultaneously was trying to catch the ball, keep his toes in, and break a tackle so that he could lunge forward to get a first down.

It was eyeopening to go back and look at his highlights. The guy was incredible last year. A 5.0 ypc with a long run of 19 yards. Usually when guys average 5 ypc, they have long runs that bump up their average.

lex
08-04-2009, 10:21 AM
No.....I just moved to Danvers....on the Topsfield line. Are you in MA?

What used to be Salem Village, no?

Im not in MA, currently. I was a couple of weeks ago. I go to Marblehead from time to time.

Beej
08-04-2009, 10:22 AM
Ya know, I was pissed when we could only get a 7th rounder for "the rights to" Plummer. That pick became Peyton Hillis. Not a bad trade after all!

outdoor_miner
08-04-2009, 10:22 AM

Just because he was a converted running back doesn't mean that he has the same talent Hillis does. I mean - look at his career stats:

http://www.nfl.com/players/profile?id=GRI439086

The guy had 351 rushing yards in his 8 year career. I understand he was blocking for one of the greatest running backs of all time, but he also played for the Rams and Panthers, and pretty much did nothing as a running back. I'm sorry, but I think Hillis has *elite* talent as a power runner and receiver. Griffith was an elite blocker, and a weapon out of the backfield (although, I wouldn't call him elite), and we really have no idea if he could have been an elite power runner. Based on his career before the Broncos, I kinda doubt it.

misturanderson
08-04-2009, 10:25 AM

Nobody has any problem with the recent offensive drafting. I mean, offensively over the past 4 years the broncos are almost certainly in the top 3 at drafting in the league, if not number 1.

The problem has been the drought of good defensive drafts. The only position the former staff could pick well on defense was LB and even those were few and far between. Last years' draft could have some decent defensive talent though, especially considering that all the defensive players were 2nd day picks.

It is too bad the rift formed between McD and the Goodmans because Jim Goodman seemed to finally be really hitting his stride.

On topic though: I was hoping that Shanahan would realize what he had in Hillis when he kept trying to make our undrafted free-agent, reject running backs that couldn't stay healthy into starters. I could never understand why Shanahan was so opposed to playing his best players just because they were rookies drafted in low rounds. I also couldn't figure out why Hillis wasn't used more in the passing game after his awesome performance against Miami. I don't know if it's Cutler's or Shanny's or Bates' fault that he didn't get more looks, but I think checkdowns to Hillis could really open things up for the passing game.

Spider
08-04-2009, 10:29 AM
LOL shoot low sheriff some of these boys are on shetlands ........
We havent seen Hillis go in MCD system yet , although we know a 1 legged man could get 1500 In Shannys system ..... Priest Holmes didnt have the skills to be a starter for the Ravens either , only when he became a Chief did Holmes have the skill to become a starter ..........
So to say Griffith ... never mind ...idiots will be idiots no matter what

Cito Pelon
08-04-2009, 10:32 AM

You called it right. 22 was obviously a player and a half in TC and preseason last year. Some rooks stand out, and he was one of them along with Bobby Humphrey, TD, and Portis for RB's over the past 20 years.

outdoor_miner
08-04-2009, 10:34 AM
idiots will be idiots no matter what

I'm so sorry that I disagree with you. I'm such an a-hole! I mean - geez. Can't believe what a jerk I am. Please forgive me for not sharing your opinion. :sunshine:

Spider
08-04-2009, 10:36 AM
Please forgive me for not sharing your opinion. :sunshine:

I will try ............. no promises though ...........

Cito Pelon
08-04-2009, 11:00 AM
Yeah, Wycheck is close as well though he didn't run the ball much. Larry Centers didn't have the same speed I don't think, but it is a good comp. Alstott didn't have the same speed and his hands weren't as good... though not many have the hands of a Peyton Hillis. I guess thats why I think of Frank Wycheck.

There hasn't been too many guys 6'2' 240 that can track the ball over their shoulders and catch it in stride as easily as Hillis does. Ricky Watters, maybe? He was a bruiser for a 220 pounder and had the passing game skills Hillis has.

Broncoman13
08-04-2009, 11:41 AM
There hasn't been too many guys 6'2' 240 that can track the ball over their shoulders and catch it in stride as easily as Hillis does. Ricky Watters, maybe? He was a bruiser for a 220 pounder and had the passing game skills Hillis has.

Ricky Waters is a decent comp... probably faster and though powerful, not as much as Hillis. Still, Waters could line up all over the place and he would often have 400 yards receiving... from the RB spot. For Ricky Watters, a 1500 total yard season was the norm. Hillis has that type of talent, but I'm not sure he should get that many touches. I know with Moreno and Buckhalter he won't... which is a good think, IMO.

~Crash~
08-04-2009, 02:17 PM
the thing is hills is a stick mover hand the ball to the guy with 3rd down and 15 and he will 16 yards.... he won LSU game with 3rd down runs that were out of this world...

that video did not show hills dancing the sidelines and pick up a big 3rd down last year .

LSU fans were glad hills moved on to the NFL

BroncoMan4ever
08-04-2009, 04:35 PM
Just because he was a converted running back doesn't mean that he has the same talent Hillis does. I mean - look at his career stats:

http://www.nfl.com/players/profile?id=GRI439086

The guy had 351 rushing yards in his 8 year career. I understand he was blocking for one of the greatest running backs of all time, but he also played for the Rams and Panthers, and pretty much did nothing as a running back. I'm sorry, but I think Hillis has *elite* talent as a power runner and receiver. Griffith was an elite blocker, and a weapon out of the backfield (although, I wouldn't call him elite), and we really have no idea if he could have been an elite power runner. Based on his career before the Broncos, I kinda doubt it.

Griffith was never in a situation like Hillis last season. Both were brought in to be FB lead blockers and catch passes out of the backfield, but unlike Hillis, Griffith was never in a situation where every RB on the roster went down with injury, and there was no other option than to start a FB at TB.

Griffith being a converted RB had the necessary skills that if a situation like Hillis' last year arose, he could have stepped in and looked good running the ball.

and you can't hold the fact that the Colts, Rams and Panthers didn't use him against him in an argument that he wasn't as good as many here believe him to be.

when he got to Denver, he was overshadowed by TD until injury, then Gary for 3/4 of a season, and then Anderson. he never had the opportunity to line up at RB. Had injury not knocked out our entire RB corps, no one would be calling for McD to give Hillis the ball.

Cito Pelon
08-04-2009, 05:08 PM
Ricky Waters is a decent comp... probably faster and though powerful, not as much as Hillis. Still, Waters could line up all over the place and he would often have 400 yards receiving... from the RB spot. For Ricky Watters, a 1500 total yard season was the norm. Hillis has that type of talent, but I'm not sure he should get that many touches. I know with Moreno and Buckhalter he won't... which is a good think, IMO.

With Moreno and Buck it's gonna be tough to keep all them happy with Hillis at the same time. That's a very skilled O backfield. One of them will want to be featured, two at the most. Someone is gonna get traded next year just to be fair and let them have the chance to be featured. Torain is no slouch also. This is a very skilled backfield. Bobby Turner is gonna have a hard time keeping them all happy.

CoopDawg
08-04-2009, 05:23 PM
I'm excited to see what he can do this season with a new offensive scheme. A truly unique talent!

tnedator
08-04-2009, 05:26 PM
;D TD ended his career on a Griese interception , not sure how Hillis would have prevented that ...........Now that I think about it , didnt Hillis get hurt breaking up a would be interception from Cutler ?

No, he jumped high to catch a high pass, and kind of made a circus catch with one foot coming down planted, then he got bent on that leg and tore the hamstring.

Spider
08-04-2009, 05:40 PM
No, he jumped high to catch a high pass, and kind of made a circus catch with one foot coming down planted, then he got bent on that leg and tore the hamstring.

LOL no , come on man , there was a Chief in the way on coverage , Hillis went over the back of the defender ...... Chiefs game I believe .......